Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Cuts Both Ways

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Boy, are they milking this Darcy & Tom thing.  Two weeks ago, he didn’t want her in N.Y., and now he’s in Connecticut ringing the bell.  The pay must be too good to give up.

I think Tom loves being on camera even more than the money.  I believe he thinks he’s quite the stud.  Maybe hoping to be discovered😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I think Tom loves being on camera even more than the money.  I believe he thinks he’s quite the stud.  Maybe hoping to be discovered😂

Maybe he wants to open his own salsa dancing studio!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

Yeah .. ok, hahaha.  There’s plenty before him.  Get in line.

1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe he wants to open his own salsa dancing studio!!!

Maybe the sister will come over too.  Lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I actually feel for Ash. I once taught a class as a grad student when I was unprepared (due to things beyond my control, of course😉) ...  and those women's looks looked just like my students.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Don't know why my username is in the comment box. It's not my comment.

I don't know why either. Because sometimes that happens? Maybe Williams hacked my account, too.  I'll try to edit out your name.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I'll give Rose a pass on the hesitation/lack of sadness. In situations like that we have no idea what went on off camera or what got left on the cutting room floor.

We never really know what goes on off camera, so we judge by what we actually get to see. We can't all come to the same conclusions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I don't know why either. Because sometimes that happens? Maybe Williams hacked my account, too.  I'll try to edit out your name.

We never really know what goes on off camera, so we judge by what we actually get to see. We can't all come to the same conclusions.

Or what was left on the cutting room floor.  

• Love 1

Family Yolanda should put her dumb ass on a plane to “Manchester” and then refuse to bail her out when she finally gets the fact that  Williams is a scammer. I didn’t think anyone could be this stupid and still be able to function! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm not quite sure what offends me the most: David continuing to say that "Lana" gave him her address (um, no, you scooped it off of a registration form but nice revisionist history there, creeper), Ed continually talking down to and treating Rose like she's a child that he's patting on the head (um, no, she's an adult but I'm pretty sure this is some kink of yours and kinks are cool but you're still a creeper), or Ash with his Out of Touch Sexism 101 seminar (um, no, educate yourself but thankfully I'm pretty sure Avery isn't the type to take a slap on the ass and hustle back into the kitchen to make you a sandwich, creeper). 

Honestly, the answer is probably Tom. Or maybe Geoffrey. Geoffrey's always the safe bet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Oh Usman as soon as you get to the States, your delightful fiancé will surgically remove your balls and put them in her purse,  where they will live happily ever after. The end. . 

I’m amazed Darcey stood her ground with Tom.  Stacey should have put Tom’s letter in a dumpster somewhere because I can picture Darcey in the middle of the night, drunk and sobbing, with a roll of scotch tape. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15

Lol Ed and the monkeys.   Did he think they were Disney animatronic monkeys?   Do a little reading, Ed.  Monkeys steal food and shiny things.   Stop being such a baby about everything.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Lol Ed and the monkeys.   Did he think they were Disney animatronic monkeys?   Do a little reading, Ed.  Monkeys steal food and shiny things.   Stop being such a baby about everything.  

Those monkey were a bit scary. I think they smelled his fear. Bonus: it gave Rose another reason to laugh and call him a baby.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

Most of these people seem to lack self awareness. Lisa is crass, Ed is rude, Ash is an idiot and David and Yolanda are beyond stupid. There isn’t one couple worth rooting for.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, kendi said:

Those monkey were a bit scary. I think they smelled his fear. Bonus: it gave Rose another reason to laugh and call him a baby.

I’ve been to a few places where monkeys run free.  If you don’t have any food or shiny objects they generally ignore you.  

• Love 5

Long time lurker. First time posting.

Can someone explain to me the lack of the long time Russian custom of sitting before leaving on a trip? I only learned about it last season with Sasha and what’s her name. The one with taught English but didn’t learn a lick of Russian? Anywho, they had to sit before they left, yet Varya was out of the door before the tears dried. 🤔

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Heymeejeel said:

Can someone explain to me the lack of the long time Russian custom of sitting before leaving on a trip? I only learned about it last season with Sasha and what’s her name. The one with taught English but didn’t learn a lick of Russian? Anywho, they had to sit before they left, yet Varya was out of the door before the tears dried. 🤔

I’m russian and I don’t fully get it either. But it’s a tradition, otherwise you might have a bad trip or an unsafe journey. 

• Love 3

Also. Muhammad for series MVP. Yes. Happy wife=happy life! If she is angry, you should ask yourself, “why?” And fix that. I’m about to bring my husband in from the doghouse so he can see this pearl of wisdom. But, alas, it’s Coronitine Day in the 40s and I’m kinda relishing that he’s out of sight. 

Edited by Heymeejeel
Just wanted to see how to edit. Useful!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, this was a longie.

David and Lana: Such high hopes for the beautiful fake Lana to be behind the mystery green door. Wonder if the resident had several 'Davids' come to his door. Maybe he gets a cut. Go home, David. Block the Ukrainian dating site, don't spend one more dime on 'Lana' or her lookalike, and if push comes to shove, download all your receipts and take them to the Vegas cybercrimes office.  If you have a photo of Lana, upload it to your computer and do a reverse Google picture search. A fool and his money are soon parted and yours went bye bye bye.

Yolanda and Williams: See above with David. The super big earrings are either turning you in to a Ferengi or have created some air pockets to your brain. You should have done the Google image search before chatting to this Nigerian sounding British dude. Who got hacked, who got some photos of you. But you love him and he loves you. Collect your evidence of all the communication, the threats and such and get next in line after David. Ask your kids to sign you up for basic catfish kindergarten.

Stephanie and Erika: So Steph kinda apologized for her bad behaviour, and still reminded everyone of her illness. People do understand and accept it but you are using it to manipulate people to get what you want. Both had a nice day at the sea and at the boomerang throwing session. Erika sounds like fun to hang out with, and Steph is just a wet blanket. One good day does not make the relationship better. Both have a long way to go. And maybe admit that there isn't much there except for publicity for whatever jobs they have.

Darcey and Tom: Why are you trying to extend your 15 minutes of fame, Tom. Put the letter in the mail and fly back to jolly olde England. You were a pompous jerk and no, showing up at Darcey's without giving her a chance to do her face was not a great idea. I do expect that Darcey will regret ripping up the note and will scavenge the green bin to find it and tape it together. Darcey, please buy clothes in your size. If you don't like the number, take a Sharpie to make it whatever number you like. Kinda nasty to make a comment about Darcey 10 years from now. Who knows what life will bring to you and karma is a big bitch.

Visa and Usman: Please cover the long roots, Visa. Usman must have informed Mommy of the plan to get himself to the US and a better life. Did Mommy ask you to tell her to call you that? You are her age or older. Kinda creepy - call her Mrs. Usman or her first name if she lets you do so. Your life isn't going to end if you don't marry him. Most times things work out as they should, and Usman should dodge your bullet. It is unlikely he will get famous in the US - far too many rappers already - and he may face life as a meagre accountant having you yell at him day in and day out. You are also marrying a man from a very different culture and religious background who can have up to 4 wives. And you can bet he will find a nice, pretty, young wife and not deal with Grandma. And do ask about his living arrangements and why he and his two male friends share the same bedroom. You know, care about something more than you.

Geoffrey and Varya: Geoffrey, come clean about all your past. Varya has the right to know exactly who you are before committing herself to you. Maybe your friend will pull her aside and have a nice chat with her in Russian to tell her about his friend - I am sure she has questions. Her spidey sense may be tingling.  I would not go camping with you and your friend and not have someone with me and a way to get out of any sort of trouble. I am isolated, little mobile phone access. Except for the camera crew, I am sunk.

Avery and Ash: Yikes, that love session was a disaster. A professional like him would have some nice signage to advertise his sessions, and more than 7 or 8 people attending and actually paying to see him. He was ill prepared, and faced realistic pushback to the nonsense he was peddling. All those women should get a refund. Reminds me once of a job interview I had that was hush-hush and that the person I was replacing didn't know she was being let go. I felt the dude was looking for a new girlfriend and posted a fake job. The content was laughable and a mix of psychological crap and new age faux spirituality. The customers were not impressed and Avery had a right to question him about things. Ash should be smarter and offer a week retreat in a place like Bali where he can charge a fortune, get vulnerable women to show up and pay a huge chunk of change for crap. He gets a free vacation.

Ed and Rosemarie: Ed, you continue to get worse each week. Giving a girl you barely know lingerie that you like is a gift to you. You seriously expect that a 23 year old girl from an impoverished country is madly in love with you? Why? You have insulted her, degraded her, been demanding and trying to turn an individual in to what you want her to be. It was disgusting to give her mouthwash and a toothbrush and what you felt was a good toothpaste. You simply could have asked her if she has any health conditions regarding her alleged bad breath. You come across as a gross pig. The ones at her father's farm have more charm than you. Almost every word that comes out of your mouth is unfortunate. Sure, she probably knew that her sister asked you for money. What else do you have to offer? That you reek of mayo? Your idea of 'romance' is just purchasing an object for your entertainment and pleasure. Your love match profile should say very clearly - no kids. Not lead Rose on. Rose should have a clue that a mid 50s man would not want kids. He has shown zero interest in Prince other than he is an insta-daddy who can't even bring him a toy or anything. Too bad the monkey didn't bite your banana. You can't trust her - um, has she given you any reason to think that you have earned her trust? Rose is just a toy for you and a means to your end.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, FurBabyMama said:

I’m russian and I don’t fully get it either. But it’s a tradition, otherwise you might have a bad trip or an unsafe journey. 

Sooooo....it is a regional custom? Or cultural? Regardless, I thought it was cool when his family did it. But now, Yarya is out in an instant. Also, I hated how Geoffrey never spoke to her mother, even in broken Russian. I had a boss and co-worker who were from Russia and Georgia, and I leaned courtesies. Please. Thank you. You’re welcome. At least TRY to interact! 

• Love 6

I never thought I'd say this but I actually cheered for Darcey when she shut the door in Tom's face after refusing to take his letter than he spent so much time on (transcribing from his phone, which let's be real, it was probably something that he found on Pinterest on someone's "How to Apologize" board). You go, Darcey! Go buy yourself a fantastic vibrator and live your best single life for awhile. She actually showed growth in a place that wasn't her lips!

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

Unless I am hallucinating from quarantine those TLC bastards cut the first scene — the green door reveal — from the first hour that was available on demand last week.  I’m reading the comment here about what a nice guy the tenant was and I’m blanking.  So I had to go back and watch the first hour that aired tonight and the scene was now there.  

I am hoping that it is only because this was a major cliffhanger and they don’t pull this shit other weeks because I always watch the first hour early then fast forward through it on Sunday night to where it left off.  When they delayed the availability of the first hour of the episode until Tuesday I was wondering if they just wouldn’t release it early to avoid the spoiler but I guess they used the extra day to do the hatchet job.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 5

The way Tom talked to Darcey at "coffee" was horrible. She blocked him so he decided to go to her house. HELLO. She clearly does not want to see your face. And then he again got upset that she wouldn't do/act the way he thought she should. I can't even imagine going to someone's house that has blocked me on other modes of communication, and then be surprised that they didn't want to see me when I showed up at their house. I would have called the police, to be honest. He seems like a total psycho. Good to get it on record.

Ash, IMO, is a guy that was married and messed up the marriage. Now he is scrambling to make money and he thinks that single women will pay to basically have the chance to date him (his one-on-one sessions are just him flirting, and the seminar thing he couldn't respond to very simple questions). From my experience dating, the good looking guys with great bodies usually are looking for a sugar momma. They are immature and want someone to take care of the bills and household, and ant to just work out and look good, and not live in reality. I dated a guy with arrested development, almost exactly like Ash. He was so into himself, took a job that would accommodate his work out schedule, divorced his wife, and thought that he was going to live this really exciting life.  He was very immature and superficial. Ash is, IMO, a gigolo of sorts. He seems like a nice guy, but is probably having a bit of the Darcey thing, where he thinks working on his physical appearance will cancel out most other stuff.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

I think part of why Ash's seminar was so terrible was because it was all generalizations. You can't personalize things to a group like that. And Avery is just looking for things to get mad about. I can't tell what she's even upset about. He didn't even talk about gender roles. He was saying vague nothing. And it was pretty clear those women were probably just taken off the street with the woman asking questions being a plant. I imagine the kind of people who would actually go to that sort of thing would be more willing to listen, even if it is nothing and not interrupt every five seconds. At less wait until the end for that. Of course it was a disaster. 

• Love 6

It would be interesting to know if Avery thinks a man should hold the door for her, pull out her chair, and pay for the date.

I think Ash’s seminar was filled with law students who were told the topic was cross-examination techniques.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

Avery is just looking for things to get mad about. I can't tell what she's even upset about. 

I believe Avery was upset because Ash said he was “single”.  He tried to walk it back, but she wasn’t the same after that. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, nb360 said:

I actually feel for Ash. I once taught a class as a grad student when I was unprepared (due to things beyond my control, of course😉) ...  and those women's looks looked just like my students.

3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Ash reminds me of everyone in school who didn't read the book before giving a book report.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Omg, Ash’s foray into seminars really crashed and burned.  Dated material, no preparation, no hand outs, no plan other than to wing it.  I wondered when he said it was half an hour.   You can’t teach anything in that short a time.  I thought he would be using the seminar to sell he one on one coaching.  Instead he crashed worse than Wile E Coyote on one of his Acme rockets.  

37 minutes ago, StitchPunk said:

I think part of why Ash's seminar was so terrible was because it was all generalizations. 

Ash can't even plagiarize a seminar competently.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I think Ericka and Stephanie "did it." They seem much closer and happier together at the boomerang thing.

Also, Ericka. No, all Americans do not want to throw a boomerang in Australia. Most Americans never think about Australia.

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 4/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

When Ed goes back to AsianCupid.com after realizing that Rose isn’t his queen, he’ll need to tell his potential victims soulmates that they’ll need to take an STD test as well as a breath test.

And tell them when I send you beautiful new sheets they’re for me, not you, when i gift you a teddy it’s for me too and by the way so is the mouthwash really for me.  Ed is so pathetic and not so nice outing ‘poor Rose’ on tv about her hairy legs and bad breath but he really made himself look horrid.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, John M said:

Really? These days domestic partnerships are pretty common, I know TONS of people that are in incredibly committed relationships that are not married and would never claim to be single in any context but certifying that they are legally married.

It has actually kind of surprised me how many gay couples I know that I thought would jump to get married that haven't for whatever reason.

You will obviously know more about this than me....but I wonder if, to some degree, gay couples learned to have strong relationships without benefit of marriage.  At the end of the day, it's really just a word, except for the legal and tax implications.  

And before current attitudes towards gay couples having children or adopting.....the joke was that gay couples generally had higher than average income because they weren't having to pay for kids.  So I don't know if overall the tax implications of marriage would have made a difference. 

I really don't know.  But the reason so many people strive for marriage is because it's a social construct.  If people have been able to maintain stable, happy relationships without it maybe it didn't seem worth the trouble?

Just spitballin'. 

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Notice he's getting in as much booty time as he can before he brings up the sister/money issue. If it's the big deciding factor shouldn't it have been brought up first? 

I think it was @Mrshanson who brought this up first, but he'd be exhausting in bed, and NOT in a good way. Every few seconds it would be "do you like this" or "how's this". He tries to play it off like he's doing it for her benefit, but it's not. Homefry needs more positive reinforcement than a room full of first graders learning to tie their shoes. 

Ed sucks, and he is completely transparent.  

Notice that he is ONLY bringing up the one thing that could be a dealbreaker for rose when they are close to the end of their sexcation.  

He is hoping that will be a dealbreaker for her so he will have gotten all the sex, but can still be the "good guy"

It's not even a discussion and he knows it.  He knew all along that he was absolutely going to have that vasectomy and he is hoping it's a deal breaker for her.  

But he wanted to get in all the sex he could before blindsiding her.  

What a "nice guy"

7 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

To me, nothing about Ed looks like it would be fun. He's a self-centered whiner who'd probably find something to bitch about no matter how good a time other people were having. Even if there was air-conditioning, he'd complain that it was blowing on his neck. If he had a neck.

I've seen my share of loathsome, despicable people on reality TV, but Ed is in a class by himself.

I don't have a good feeling about Rose. Prince feels kind of incidental in her life. She fobs him off on her sister without any (visible) hesitation or sadness. Maybe that's just what she feels she needs to do to achieve the ultimate goal, but I'm dubious about her deep maternal devotion.

I don't know what roses life situation is, but it's possible that she won't let herself form too close a bond with prince in the event they have to be separated.  

Devars mother went to the US to become a maid and couldn't bring devar with her.  But it was still worth it to her because she could provide so much better a life by sending her check. 

6 hours ago, renatae said:

Hi, peeps! Good to see you all!

At last, the non-Lana reveal! At least the guy was nice and friendly. Which makes me think he could be a production plant. Otherwise, I'd expect some irritation at being disturbed by some weirdo looking for a playmate.

5 hours ago, spunky said:

I don't usually comment on people's looks, Ed and his goblin looking self needs to be quiet.  Rose needs to do like his neck and ghost him.

Dead 💀💀

5 hours ago, nb360 said:

I promise you that you were better than ash.  Anyone with even a little humility and self awareness would have done better.  

This fool didn't even bring working dry erase markers!  Was this an unplanned seminar?  The man drives an audi, surely he can afford some expo or Mr. Sketch markers.  The hell, this is his job, he doesn't have a PowerPoint to organize his random, vague platitudes and conventional wisdom from 1974?

2 hours ago, nytonc said:

Oh Usman as soon as you get to the States, your delightful fiancé will surgically remove your balls and put them in her purse,  where they will live happily ever after. The end. . 

I’m amazed Darcey stood her ground with Tom.  Stacey should have put Tom’s letter in a dumpster somewhere because I can picture Darcey in the middle of the night, drunk and sobbing, with a roll of scotch tape. 

If Usman was smart hed start looking  for the nearest African community for help and fellowship.  Lisa is just so joyless.  I don't know how she doesn't see how joyless she is.  It's exhausting to watch.  She literally complains about a piece of fruit and then demands he propose and when he mentions their might be a problem instead of being even a tiny bit introspective she dangles the green card in his face.  

I don't think for a second that she thinks Usman loves her.  She knows exactly what he wants and that's why she feels like it's okay to behave the way she does.  

I don't doubt that she would be another Ashley and would delay filing the paperwork to keep Usman from getting a job.  

That is why he needs a community to lean on when it gets too tough with her.  

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Unless I am hallucinating from quarantine those TLC bastards cut the first scene — the green door reveal — from the first hour that was available on demand last week.  I’m reading the comment here about what a nice guy the tenant was and I’m blanking.  So I had to go back and watch the first hour that aired tonight and the scene was now there.  

I am hoping that it is only because this was a major cliffhanger and they don’t pull this shit other weeks because I always watch the first hour early then fast forward through it on Sunday night to where it left off.  When they delayed the availability of the first hour of the episode until Tuesday I was wondering if they just wouldn’t release it early to avoid the spoiler but I guess they used the extra day to do the hatchet job.

Thank you!  I was wondering where the door reveal was.  That was a dirty bit of business from TLC.  But now I'll have to watch it. 

37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think Ericka and Stephanie "did it." They seem much closer and happier together at the boomerang thing.

Also, Ericka. No, all Americans do not want to throw a boomerang in Australia. Most Americans never think about Australia.

If I go to Australia I want to wrestle a crocodile and buy a giant knife and when some guy tries to mug me I want to pull it out and say "now THAT'S a knife"

I'm not going to say that my only version of Australia is from movies....but I'm also not going to say that it isn't. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Spike said:

It would be interesting to know if Avery thinks a man should hold the door for her, pull out her chair, and pay for the date.

I think Ash’s seminar was filled with law students who were told the topic was cross-examination techniques.

I think that while Ash was ill prepared, was obviously flubbing and winging it, he brought up some good points, but with a bad presentation, by making the women (his attendees) feel like they are somehow dumber than men. What he stated about there needing to be a difference in energies in order to create passion (masc vs fem energy) rang true though. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Plus you can get one in the United States if you really want one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ash is an asshole but when I go to see a speaker I sit politely and listen to them.  If there is a question period at the end, I may ask a question but I won’t heckle  or debate them.  A speaker doesn’t expect to be grilled.  This was Sharp TLC fuckery.  Again Ash’s shtick reminds me of the Tom Cruise character in Magnolia, whose catchphrase was “respect the cock, tame the c-nt.”

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

Ash can't even plagiarize a seminar competently.  

YES!! When Ash was giving his "seminar," my husband said, "Wait...I've heard this before!" and found this video. He even used the same example of going fishing as this guy used. He didn't even try to put any of that in his own words. We figured Ash was getting all flustered because he couldn't remember the lines he memorized. LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 4/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, RealReality said:

Well, people are either going to judge you or they aren't.  But that's their right and it doesn't mean you don't tell them.  

But I LOL at how Geoffrey went from "I'm just varyas ticket to a green card and she would get with any American to get one!" to...."wow, varya might ditch me because her mom doesn't like me and in have a criminal history"

Whomp, whomp....guess she isn't that thirsty for a green card is she? She actually has standards.  

That is for real lol and he's not calling ALL the shots here ~ sometimes these guys are just so entitled they don’t consider someone else might even have a right or an opinion.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Heymeejeel said:

Anywho, they had to sit before they left, yet Varya was out of the door before the tears dried. 🤔

She probably realized her mother couldn’t stand another minute of Geoffrey being in her house. Mother Varya barely acknowledged him as he left. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Unless I am hallucinating from quarantine those TLC bastards cut the first scene — the green door reveal — from the first hour that was available on demand last week.

The green door reveal was a tease in the promos all week and was a cliffhanger in the First Look and preview online. Then tonight it was revealed immediately. I’ve noticed the first hour of the episode is not always exactly what we are shown in the early looks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ash's "seminar" had me rolling. What a bunch of mansplaining bullshit, and he wasn't even prepared to give his godawful speech. I wanted to punch him right in his bulgy eyes.

Seminar hostage: But I've been in a relationship with someone who was a lot like me. We were both balanced, and we had lots of sexual chemistry.

Ash: No.

What a charmer, that Ash.

David: What red flags did I miss?

Me [thousand yard stare]

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11

How is Stephanie hair so much longer the next day?  Did she get extensions before she went to meet Stephanie or right after the party the night before?  Anyone else notice that?  You think the show would be more careful with their editing.   

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I was pleasantly surprised that Darcy didn’t take Tom’s note. I was really happy for her she didn’t cave. 

I will venture to say that next week we will see her outside at midnight getting the shreds.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Bold: Avery is already paying for the date by flying over there and leaving her child.  Most couples now either split the bill or take turns.  My dad told my brother to always pull out a chair for a lady so you can get a good look at her ass.  He was an asshole.

7 hours ago, Heymeejeel said:

I think it's like throwing salt over your shoulder or my Italian grandfather telling us that to change your luck you should jump up doing a 360 spin and spitting.  If the spit doesn't hit you, your luck will change. 😝

Ash - He could have at least do the actual talk on what gives you a platform for a good relationship.  In high school I took a class on marriage and family (1970s that is now called leaving home).  We had trips to the grocery store, budgeting, speakers on how to rent and read the agreement, how to get a mortgage and what % of your earnings should go to a monthly payment, a jeweler was brought in to talk about cut and clarity of diamonds.  He even said to NOT spend too much on the first ring but upgrade it on an anniversary.  The best advice we talked about was similarities in you and your partner.  Things like coming from the general neighborhood (wealthy vs working class), religion, upbringing theories for children/selves, interests, hobbies, ease of conversation etc.  You don't have to have every single thing on the list but a general idea of you and your partner.

• Love 13