Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Stranger In A Strange Land

• Start Topic

On 4/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, blubld43 said:

You must be my age, I was on the Pinta.

I'm so uncomfortable with these young kids being exploited like this, the very young ones like Bryson, Jeniffer's daughter, etc.  They aren't even old enough to understand what they're performing for, or to understand who will see them. 

I'm completely disgusted with Ed's attitude towards Rose, even the way he casually threw food on the floor to the chicken, during a meal they obviously spent a lot of time and money to prepare.  Would he have done such a thing at a formal dinner in the U.S, throw down chunks for the dog?  Just terrible manners, no matter where you are!

I really really dislike both Ed and Lisa for their complete disdain for the cultures in which they find themselves.  Their sense of superiority could not be more obvious.

I literally gasped when I saw him feeding the chicken from the table. How rude and inconsiderate of their effort and the cost. But then, on a second viewing, I think I saw her father doing the same, or maybe he was just shooing the animal away. I still think he was terribly  ill-mannered.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Colfrmb2 said:

Lisa should’ve tried to make a stand to usman’s mother.  Tried to say some simple phrases.  Brought little American gifts for everyone. Actually, I think all these Americans should bring gifts for every single person, family or friend, they know in the other country.

My sister has done a lot of work in West Africa, and it is common for them to have lots of little gifts for people they weren't even expecting to meet. They gave me little gifts (handmade little woven boxes, jewelry) just because I was her sister.  They loved receiving anything from North America with English or Quebecois on it, especially T-shirts.  Ed at least brought San Diego shirt for Rose.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

And can I just say that his euphoria after getting that message was disturbing? That message was so self-serving: Hey, still wanna meet so we can take a photo and apply for a VISA

Does David really think taking ONE picture with her will prove they're in a relationship? Even Robert and Anny took a few in the eight hours they spent together in the DR, complete with a couple of clothing changes. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:
8 hours ago, Spike said:

It's her whimsy...but it doesn't make a person interesting....she  looks like she works at Hot Topic

I’m always totally distracted when I talk to people with facial piercings and find myself just staring at them. I’ve never seen anyone with two different style nose piercings like Erika so I’m extra intrigued. I noticed that she appears to remove them for her THs. 

And she has a troll tattoo on her forearm! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Coconut oil for life. 

Coconut oil is not good for your hair. You can use it to fry foods and having it in your hair in the sun? Fried hair!

15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Me too.  I do encounter a lot of people who have that aesthetic, but, to me, it's still a sign of an issue. Maybe, that's not the case with Erica, but, she is in love with a woman she never really met. lol  I'll try to keep an open mind. 

I know tons of people with bright hair, colorful anime/cartoon/disney etc tattoos etc. Itse just a certain aesthetic that is pretty popular right now.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Does David really think taking ONE picture with her will prove they're in a relationship? Even Robert and Anny took a few in the eight hours they spent together in the DR, complete with a couple of clothing changes. 

Right?!  After, you know, him saying on television how many times he's been stood up?!  

His huge relief at getting that single message from her was bizarre, to say the least, here he's been stood up again but one message and he's right back in his delusions. 

I just can't believe anyone is this stupid.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Coconut oil is not good for your hair. You can use it to fry foods and having it in your hair in the sun? Fried hair!

Coconut oil is excellent for my hair and skin. Of course you rinse it out before you go outside. It’s like a hair mask for moisture, adds shine and softness. It’s also good for removing mascara. (But only at night). 

If Ed wanted to use something in the kitchen as a hair mask coconut oil would be far better than mayo! Smells better as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

If Ed wanted to use something in the kitchen as a hair mask coconut oil would be far better than mayo! Smells better as well. 

I remember when I was little my mother used to use a white vinegar rinse on my hair, she said it made it shiny, the smell did not linger on our hair at all.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

My sister has done a lot of work in West Africa, and it is common for them to have lots of little gifts for people they weren't even expecting to meet. They gave me little gifts (handmade little woven boxes, jewelry) just because I was her sister.  They loved receiving anything from North America with English or Quebecois on it, especially T-shirts.  Ed at least brought San Diego shirt for Rose.

The perk to bringing lots of gifts is that once you have given them all out, you have room in your bags for stuff that you buy on your trip!  And you better do the sam for your return home and get your mom, close relatives and friends some fun momentos!  It’s just fun and considerate.  Oh he needs to get a nice gift for whomever is caring for his dog!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yeah, I just love that he thinks he can show that picture in a K-1 interview and they will be like, yep, looks legit, let's just get this paper work finished.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Takitaki said:

I think Taco Bell used to fry with coconut oil but got blasted because it was unhealthy.  

14 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I put a picture of him on the Couples thread. Hard to believe it’s him.

Oh, I missed that sorry!

And as far as no one looking as good 30 years later, I agree totally, but I still look like myself for the most part...lol I was just surprised in the difference. 😊

15 hours ago, Colfrmb2 said:

So I went to Big Egg’s fb page to scrounge for his details.  On FB, his info shows that he is not originally from San Diego but on one of his web sites, right at the onset of his About section, it says he is a “26 year native of San Diego”.  What does that mean, we now have a new definition of native?  Fb page also says he went to a high school that I think is in Arkansas?  I’m annoyed with his claim to be a native.  Plus his go-to pose for his models is squatting down, legs splayed, camera at crotch level.  These are not even the hand selected shots that the show producers chose to use. This is consistent across his promo presence online.  Douchebag.

Because of this post, I looked up Big Ed's FB also.  He has two profiles, and "friended" himself on each.  Yes, Bentonville High is in Arkansas -- the home of Wal*Mart!  Hilarious!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2020 at 7:43 AM, Irritable said:

It was very satisfying to watch Usman’s mom say a CAPITAL NO to Lisa and just get the hell outta there. I hope so much this all turns out to be a scam he runs to keep his family in free goats.

Usman's mother saw him lying about her being a doctor or was completely unimpressed with BGL being an actual doctor, that big purple cloak of Capital No amazing. Nothing was going to move his mother. BGL could have cured cancer and she wouldn't have cared. Usman lost his easy way out of this situation. I guess after having BGL "teach" him about oral sex, that visa was earned 10x over!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, kendi said:

Usman's mother saw him lying about her being a doctor or was completely unimpressed with BGL being an actual doctor, that big purple cloak of Capital No amazing. Nothing was going to move his mother. BGL could have cured cancer and she wouldn't have cared. Usman lost his easy way out of this situation. I guess after having BGL "teach" him about oral sex, that visa was earned 10x over!

Hopefully he just received.  And it was 70% acceptable.

12 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Ed: Is that thunder?

Me: No, the gods are bowling. STFU.

We said angels lol.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember when I was little my mother used to use a white vinegar rinse on my hair, she said it made it shiny, the smell did not linger on our hair at all.  

I still rinse my hair with white vinegar. A couple times a month I use a coconut oil mixture I make myself. We haven't pyrchased shampoo or conditioner in our house for years. My daughter, who has glorious hair, uses baking soda and vinegar for her scalp and rinses with lemon juice. That's her head in the pic. 

Mayo can be a good oil treatment. Not that much different than using eggs, which is also a thing. However, it HAS to be rinsed out. And well. When eggs get left out in the sun, they go bad. Same with mayo. If Bad Egg wants to use it then that's cool, but it didn't show him rinsing it out. In that hot sun between his sweat and the mayo I can only imagaine how he must smell. Homeboy has no place bitching about Rose's leg hair being "gross."  I would bet good money that the pigs smelled better. 

FB_IMG_1559953476863.jpg

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, John M said:

Yeah, I just love that he thinks he can show that picture in a K-1 interview and they will be like, yep, looks legit, let's just get this paper work finished.

Proof of one meeting in person within the last two years is a minimum requirement of the K-1 visa application.  If David could show that photo along with evidence of 7 years of online chatting then he'd have an excellent chance of her getting the K-1 visa. The consular officers generally defer to Americans and let them choose whom they want to marry and liberally issue these visas unless there's a genuine suspicion of fraud.  

24 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I still rinse my hair with white vinegar. A couple times a month I use a coconut oil mixture I make myself. We haven't pyrchased shampoo or conditioner in our house for years. My daughter, who has glorious hair, uses baking soda and vinegar for her scalp and rinses with lemon juice. That's her head in the pic. 

Mayo can be a good oil treatment. Not that much different than using eggs, which is also a thing. However, it HAS to be rinsed out. And well. When eggs get left out in the sun, they go bad. Same with mayo. If Bad Egg wants to use it then that's cool, but it didn't show him rinsing it out. In that hot sun between his sweat and the mayo I can only imagaine how he must smell. Homeboy has no place bitching about Rose's leg hair being "gross."  I would bet good money that the pigs smelled better. 

FB_IMG_1559953476863.jpg

There is a local fast food chain here that has really good layer cake (chocolate or lemon).  People wanted to know what was the secret.  Apparently they add mayo to the batter.  Some people were freaked out and said they would never eat it again,  but mayo is just eggs and oil, which separately go into a lot of cake recipes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Proof of one meeting in person within the last two years is a minimum requirement of the K-1 visa application.  If David could show that photo along with evidence of 7 years of online chatting then he'd have an excellent chance of her getting the K-1 visa. The consular officers generally defer to Americans and let them choose whom they want to marry and liberally issue these visas unless there's a genuine suspicion of fraud.  

Not in my experience. Maybe in a pre 9/11 world but certainly not in the past 19 years. I went through the process with my husband myself and people are turned down every day. In my own case, it wasn't just a picture and proof of online communication that was needed-we applied while I was pregnant and my fiance literally went into his meeting with our kid and we still had to produce additional proof of relationship for the first step of the process. (And for the record he was British and we'd already lived abroad together for 2 years.)  It can be a crapshoot and is highly dependent upon foreigner's nationality, financial assessment, number of visas currently being processed, proof of ongoing relationship outside of communication (joint vacations, time spent with each other's families, etc), medical exam (exam, chest xray, & bloodwork taken at US Embassy approved medical clinic), age difference, visa interview, previous issued visas, and previous marriages. And sometimes it all comes down to what side of the bed the visa agent woke up on. 

If David's storyline really unfolded as shown, a photo op would not net her a visa. There are no phone records, no video chats, no texts...Outside of communication through a for-profit website known for scamming, there is nothing and a picture of them at a restaurant will not change that.

Ironic thst he knows he wants to marry her without meeting her...he thought the same about Anya but upon meeting decided she was too shy. But THIS time is different...

Edited by mamadrama
I hate my tablet. I make a gazillion spelling mistakes.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

There is a local fast food chain here that has really good layer cake (chocolate or lemon).  People wanted to know what was the secret.  Apparently they add mayo to the batter.  Some people were freaked out and said they would never eat it again,  but mayo is just eggs and oil, which separately go into a lot of cake recipes.

I’ve had cakes made with mayo, delicious.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mayo is a very popular substitution. Coke is a popular substitution for water (it helps the leavening) and we often use applesauce in place of oil. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've made cakes with mayo in the past with great success, except the one where I just grabbed a jar of mayo off the supermarket shelf without reading the label. The cake tasted awful. It was garlic mayo. 🤢

Since then I've become vegan and now my go-to cake recipe is a box of Betty Crocker and a can of pop. The best combination is lemon cake mix and lemonade, with added lemon zest, and the juice used to make a drizzle icing with confectioner's sugar.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kendi said:

I guess after having BGL "teach" him about oral sex, that visa was earned 10x over!

If everyone could refrain from using BGL and oral sex in the same sentence. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance! 🤮

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Not in my experience. Maybe in a pre 9/11 world but certainly not in the past 19 years. I went through the process with my husband myself and people are turned down every day. In my own case, it wasn't just a picture and proof of online communication that was needed-we applied while I was pregnant and my fiance literally went into his meeting with our kid and we still had to produce additional proof of relationship for the first step of the process. (And for the record he was British and we'd already lived abroad together for 2 years.)  It can be a crapshoot and is highly dependent upon foreigner's nationality, financial assessment, number of visas currently being processed, proof of ongoing relationship outside of communication (joint vacations, time spent with each other's families, etc), medical exam (exam, chest xray, & bloodwork taken at US Embassy approved medical clinic), age difference, visa interview, previous issued visas, and previous marriages. And sometimes it all comes down to what side of the bed the visa agent woke up on. 

If David's storyline really unfolded as shown, a photo op would not net her a visa. There are no phone records, no video chats, no texts...Outside of communication through a for-profit website known for scamming, there is nothing and a picture of them at a restaurant will not change that.

Ironic thst he knows he wants to marry her without meeting her...he thought the same about Anya but upon meeting decided she was too shy. But THIS tine is different...

Hmm. I went thru visa process as well, no extra questions, or suspicion arose. I also know of plenty of couples who have done it, where there were major age differences, couples who had divorced their real spouses very recebtly prior to the visa process, all accepted. However, showing the same religious background is a big help if the fiance comes from a country with a strong emphasis on religion. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

If everyone could refrain from using BGL and oral sex in the same sentence. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance! 🤮

Or any form of sex.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ironic thst he knows he wants to marry her without meeting her...he thought the same about Anya but upon meeting decided she was too shy. But THIS time is different...

I think your points are all valid and I probably overstated how easy it is to get a K-1 visa. However, I've heard consular officers say/write that don't see their role as a protector of Americans against doing something stupid. If a sixty year old, successful American-born man foolishly wants to marry a 30 year old Ukrainian whom he barely knows, they are generally going to let him and not try to c*kblock him.  If a poor sixty year old Vietnamese-American wants to marry the 30 year old niece of his former neighbor in Vietnam, then bells will go off that maybe it's fraud and that the girl's family is paying him to do it.

I would hope that by the time David and Lana had their embassy interview they'd have proof of more time together, but who knows. It's odd to see a guy acting giddy about a woman who blows him off for seven years and then says "I'll meet you but only because it's necessary for me to get a visa." As you know, he also needs to submit a letter from her with his initial K-1 petition saying "I intend to marry this old American dude" so if she exists he should get letter from her that when he gets the necessary hostage photo.

• Love 1
Just now, gavinmac said:

I would hope that by the time David and Lana had their embassy interview they'd have proof of more time together, but who knows. It's odd to see a guy acting giddy about a woman who blows him off for seven years and then says "I'll meet you but only because it's necessary for me to get a visa." As you know, he also needs to submit a letter from her with his initial K-1 petition saying "I intend to marry this old American dude" so if she exists he should get letter from her that when he gets the necessary hostage photo.

I'm sure Lana can't wait to come to the US, live and travel in an RV (with a pasty old man) and stop off to go horseback riding and bowling. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:48 AM, humbleopinion said:

Anybody else hoping Freddy invites himself along the romantic getaway that  Big🥚 wants to sweep RM away far from the fritzed out fan and Mister Daga (Rat in Tagalog).

RM should insist they also take Prince so he can bond with "Daddy."

🥚...be unselfish for once in your life....

Ed should offer to give the sister money (the exact amount she secretly asked for) to care for Prince while RM and he go on "holiday". He's seen how they live so by giving her the money this way, everyone knows about it but he doesn't have to out the sister's request to RM. 

• Love 6
Just now, Almost 3000 said:

Ed should offer to give the sister money (the exact amount she secretly asked for) to care for Prince while RM and he go on "holiday". He's seen how they live so by giving her the money this way, everyone knows about it but he doesn't have to out the sister's request to RM. 

Ed is not a generous and kind-hearted man.  He doesn't give anything without expecting something in return.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, kendi said:

I feel like once the cloak of NO is on, there should be no change of heart.  The cloak should be final. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I feel like once the cloak of NO is on, there should be no change of heart.  The cloak should be final. 

Maybe Lisa will up the ante with 4 more goats, 6 chickens and an aardvark.  That's a decent bride price.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe Lisa will up the ante with 4 more goats, 6 chickens and an aardvark.  That's a decent bride price.

Sorry, but I think once the cloak of no is on, all discussion should be over.  Maybe if she wore the seafoam cloak, there would be room for discussion. But the cloak of no should be final and binding.  

Though I think brother Usman should also demand a goat as payment to intervene in BGLs behalf.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sorry, but I think once the cloak of no is on, all discussion should be over.  Maybe if she wore the seafoam cloak, there would be room for discussion. But the cloak of no should be final and binding.  

Though I think brother Usman should also demand a goat as payment to intervene in BGLs behalf.  

I agree that brother Usman deserves a goat.  Mama was MAD - I wouldn't want to be the one trying to sweet talk her into accepting a woman older than she is to be her new daughter-in-law.  Speaking of Usman's brother.... he looks so much older than Usman.  That is probably what Usman would look like after a couple of years of marriage to Lisa - except a lot more gray hair.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2020 at 12:41 AM, RealReality said:

I mean there is only so much you can do.  I think Lisa should have tried to be charming, but I don't think that was gonna change the woman's mind.  Especially if she thinks that Lisa is spiriting her son off to slavery in the United statesm 

The statement "This woman wants to marry me," without any statements about how he feels about it, could only have reinforced mom's idea that Lisa sees him as a slave. Add to that Lisa's judgy looking expression, and it looks like Usman will escape a fate worse than death.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Don’t forget the microwave.

Damn!  I keep forgetting the microwave!  AND the microwave popcorn!  

• Love 1
On 4/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, Spike said:

Without going into spoilers, if he has been so reluctant to disclose his ancient history it seems unlikely she will hear more recent news this decade.

If I hadn't already searched his name, I most certainly would after hearing this. You know her friends did. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I would hope that by the time David and Lana had their embassy interview they'd have proof of more time together, but who knows.

It's really all moot because this is Lana, right?

inmate.JPG

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 4/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, Colfrmb2 said:

So I went to Big Egg’s fb page to scrounge for his details.  On FB, his info shows that he is not originally from San Diego but on one of his web sites, right at the onset of his About section, it says he is a “26 year native of San Diego”.  What does that mean, we now have a new definition of native?  Fb page also says he went to a high school that I think is in Arkansas?  I’m annoyed with his claim to be a native.  Plus his go-to pose for his models is squatting down, legs splayed, camera at crotch level.  These are not even the hand selected shots that the show producers chose to use. This is consistent across his promo presence online.  Douchebag.

Of course that’s his pose of choice! That’s pretty much his eye level. It means no bending or ladders. Same goes for his hatred of hairy legs.  Legs are at his vantage point, so he’s developed his preferences.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I fully expect "Lana's" next move to be a message saying "Send me a picture of yourself standing/sitting with plenty of room on one side, and I'll send it back with me Photoshopped in." If that Visa is approved, imagine the sheer number of plane tickets they can bilk this guy out of...

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

What's with Old Lady Lisa's pursed lips all the time? This is one tough visual to get out of my head. Combined with the nasty attitude, personality, appearance and voice, she wins my award for Worst Female 90 Day Fiance of All Time.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 10

If Usman did make it York, PA, 5 years down the road we would see an older Lisa and worn down nub of a human that used to fancy himself as a famous rapper running from Lisa's screaming for her secks!

Mother Usman knows whats what, she knew her son was trolling for some desperate American woman to get him to the US, she probably was surprised at the result.  Good thing she got the goat up front!

• Love 1