Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Stranger In A Strange Land

• Start Topic

Usman asks for his mother's blessing. Varya shows Geoffrey her hometown. Ed spends the night at Rosemarie's. Ash & Avery tour the outback. David continues his quest for Lana. Stephanie travels to Erika's hometown, and Darcey & Tom process everything.

5 minutes ago, kendi said:

Usman asks for his mother's blessing. Varya shows Geoffrey her hometown. Ed spends the night at Rosemarie's. Ash & Avery tour the outback. David continues his quest for Lana. Stephanie travels to Erika's hometown, and Darcey & Tom process everything.

Oh ugh!  Allow me to translate that last part.  Darcey ugly cries every time we see her on this episode, blubbering about how awful Tom is - and Tom mutters about how awful Darcey is and maybe mentions the fact that she gained 20 pounds in each boob.  Truly thrilling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

The goat shopping was hysterical, I have to say. Lisa was definitely a good sport about that. I like how Usman let her pick the goat, convinced her that it wasn't the white price, and then paid without any bitching from Lisa. Also, 115 for a goat seems like a steal. I had to laugh at the goat riding in the back of the car, too. Both the goat and Lisa were pretty agreeable about the situation.

Though Ed is not my favorite, I think he's in general nice and harmless. Rose will have pajamas, plumbing, and Prince will have a home. In return, Rose just needs to shave her legs and be loyal to him. I think that's fair to be honest. He's really trying hard with Rose's family. He must really really like her a lot to stay in her "home" with no windows or door (no security), none of the simple comforts he is used to, especially being in poor health, and sleep on concrete WITH THE FATHER who is there to cock block. That's a lot. A lot. He was a good sport about it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

He must really really like her a lot to stay in her "home" with no windows or door (no security), none of the simple comforts he is used to, especially being in poor health, and sleep on concrete WITH THE FATHER who is there to cock block. That's a lot. A lot. He was a good sport about it. 

Yeah, but it would have been really crass for Ed to have boinked Rose with her sister and four year old son lying next to them.  They all sleep in the one room, yanno.  So Dad wasn't really needed as a cock block, unless Rose's family thought that Ed would be so uncouth as to demand sex on the bare floor with everyone sleeping around them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Has she managed to say one nice thing about anything since she has been in Nigeria?  She has to be exhausting.

No.  Gripe, gripe, complain, piss, whine, gripe.

• Love 15
(edited)
55 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Has she managed to say one nice thing about anything since she has been in Nigeria?  She has to be exhausting.

She said that the goat she ended up buying was spunky. I was surprised to hear her say something nice-- granted, it was about a goat, but it was nice! And she even named him, 

Erika seems like a bitch to me. She seems really fake, really into herself, and her constant eye rolling is pissing me off. It's so passive aggressive and immature. Can't stand it and I hate it when others do it-- it's always the skeevy girls too, that fake nice to someone's face and then turn around and roll their eyes to make sure everyone knows how they really feel. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Nothing about Rose rings true. She lives in a hovel at the end of the earth? Then how did she and apparently her sister too, buy i phones or smart phones? How do they pay the monthly phone bill? And how do they physically pay the bill..carrier pigeon? They can get internet and phone service there? How did the many gifts Ed send her arrive? UPS??? They came from the hotel by hired car..is that how Rose normally goes to that city? How she got there to meet Ed? Her family lives there, but I really doubt that Rose does.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Damn it Tom, I never want to be  Team Darcey, but you made me.  What was your plan exactly?  You have more love for her than she'll ever know, but you love her like a sister, but you've found someone who loves you the way you need to be loved...?  She specifically said if you were going to end things, say so, so she didn't have to haul herself to NYC.  

Did they talk about trip to Argentina so Darcy could meet his friends? Or did I imagine Darcy talking about that?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

And the money to buy the phones comes from where?

Same place the money for clothes and food comes from.

1 hour ago, kendi said:

Did they talk about trip to Argentina so Darcy could meet his friends? Or did I imagine Darcy talking about that?

He did say that in one of his texts. Probably meant he wanted to take her there, you know, as a sister.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

She also has enough money to get a tattoo.  I think Rose spends a lot of time away from the hovel she calls home.  Her sister seems to be the one spending the most time with Prince.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It would be funny if Usman and the goat seller were friends and they set Lisa up to over pay. 

They didn't need to be friends, she totally overpaid.  That was 100% a situation to haggle, so the goat man started high.  Since there was no haggling, he got paid his inflated price.

• Love 9
(edited)

90D Fiance: The Easter Sunday Edition

Big Egg

Ed+Mayo= Deviled Eggman

Rat scurrying in the bathroom shadows: The Easter Bunny shape shifted

Goat=Nigerian Lamb

Egg Hunt=David looking for Lana(the golden egg) hiding in the bushes, up a tree..Where's Waldo Lana?

Dyed eggs=BigEgo's oleaginous faker fake jet black locks, BGL's bleached permed do

RoseMarie=Sacrificial Lamb

Easter lilies=Weeds yanked from the side of the road by Geoffrey

Easter Bunny=Williams (only YoLa believes)

Decorated eggs=Geoffrey’s Red/Pink Tititoos, does anyone else find them feminine?

Like In prison he was someone’s gf?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

Nature?  And she brushes.  Look, why do all the poor people around me have iphones?  Different priorities.  And relatively, Rose and her family aren't doing badly.  They have a large building, and a shop.  That means income.  That means the ability to have food, clothing, a tattoo, and a phone.  Not rich at all, but doing better than a lot of others in that area.  

Who in that area has the money to buy their junk?  This isn't really a tourist town.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Only tourists wear slides?  I didn't see anything in there that was just for tourists (I ❤️ the Philippines shirts, mugs, keychains...)  I saw shoes, bootleg movies, and other non-food crap I can buy in my local convenience store.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Only tourists wear slides?  I didn't see anything in there that was just for tourists (I ❤️ the Philippines shirts, mugs, keychains...)  I saw shoes, bootleg movies, and other non-food crap I can buy in my local convenience store.

Ah, ok.  Still, no one looks like they have much money there - and it looks like there are a lot of shops.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Ah, ok.  Still, no one looks like they have much money there - and it looks like there are a lot of shops.

My husband is from a poor country, and when he was growing up, a lot of people sold stuff out of their homes for money. His mom,  who is very traditional and strongly tied to her country, still sells her homemade goods out of her home to people from her country even though she is in the US and could work at a mall or in retail. People from their country like to buy their goods from other people from their country. It's the way they do things.

The folks in the poor areas don't have transportation and the little shops provide a service to those in the area. Just like in the US there are millions of tiny shops in strip malls that provide a service to the population in the area. For example, next door to me is a tiny Cuban lunch place, that is probably mostly frequented by the Cubans in the area. They aren't making a shit ton of money, but enough to pay the bills and give the Cubans in the area a place to go. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

The Philippines is a third world country, not a war zone. (And even Omar had a smartphone.) The electricity isn’t 100% reliable and the roads aren’t smoothly paved, but the HDI is higher than South Africa, Morocco, Nigeria, and India.

Edited by nutella fitzgerald
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 4/6/2020 at 5:16 PM, kendi said:

I think he was totally ripping her off and Usman didn't care. Make her pay the full blown non-bartered white American lady price because she's condescending and a terrible person. The way Usman walks with Lisa reminds me of a caretaker instead of a girlfriend.

I hope he charged her triple and split the profit with Usman. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Nature?  And she brushes.

I agree - my sister has straight pearly whites and has never had braces.

Per how they derive income - they have a store and most likely, like it is in many villages, people help each other out if in need.

7 hours ago, Takitaki said:

He did say that in one of his texts. Probably meant he wanted to take her there, you know, as a sister.

And ask her if she has gained weight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

They didn't need to be friends, she totally overpaid.  That was 100% a situation to haggle, so the goat man started high.  Since there was no haggling, he got paid his inflated price.

That’s why I said it WOULD be funny if he were in on it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

The Philippines is a third world country, not a war zone. (And even Omar had a smartphone.) The electricity isn’t 100% reliable and the roads aren’t smoothly paved, but the HDI is higher than South Africa, Morocco, Nigeria, and India.

I had a big chuckle at Rosemarie laughing in a preview snippet, calling Ed a big baby because the electricity went out in the middle of the night. Most importantly, the little fan can't cool him so he really won't be able to sleep. Those brown-outs happen all the time. Again, got mega irritated with Ed mumbling, "What have I got myself into" or "What am I doing here?" Like she's pulling a fast one on him? She's poor! 

• Love 19

Darcy and her men are a mystery to me. I don't know how she manages to get involved in such dysfunctional relationships. There were no issues with her Jesse-- he picked on her about dumb shit and Tom does the same thing. Jesse lost his mind because Darcy told him how to cook a steak. Tom is pissed that Darcy doesn't only talk about him on calls. These should not be major issues! I can't imagine talking to a guy who vents about his ex girlfriend, and then deciding to ruin his life for not daring making the conversation all about me. 

WHAT?

Darcy is in a bad place with men. Maybe because she's really insecure and not allowing herself time to think and heal from her divorce. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4