Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Stranger In A Strange Land

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Stephanie is not gay.  Or bisexual.  Period.  I have a friend who defines herself with her disease.  It’s exhausting and too much.  
Oh and Ed, you went to the Philippines.  What do you expect?  No 1000 count sheets and a/c for you.  

Why didn’t he bring the sheets in his luggage? If all the other crap he sent was “lost” why risk not having the sheets? And didn’t he insure the packages after the first couple disappeared?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Darcy laying in her bed, in her fancy robe and slippers drunkenly sobbing about wanting to be loved... I kept waiting for Harry Dean Stanton to call her and convince her to enlist. Then the next day Stacey shows up in an Army camo jacket!! 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

I don’t know what egghead was expecting... I don’t think rose lied about her life. Did he think she was exaggerating? What in the world does he need 1000 thread count sheets for if it looked like he was sleeping in his clothes? 

The same dirty clothes that he was sweating in all day. I can't let that go. Rose said, "I'm going to change my outfit" when they were getting ready to sleep. Maybe she was subtly prompting him to get himself out of his stinky clothes and since he's so dense, it completely passed him by. Most people have a night time ritual--brush teeth, shower, moisturize, change to whatever it is you sleep in, etc. 

• Love 20
41 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

There are definitely lots of compassionate hospice / CNAs in nursing homes, but unfortunately, because of low wages and high patient to staff ratio, its easy to become hardened and indifferent to patient needs. I spent a couple years travelling the country, working in nursing homes on short term contracts (not as a CNA) and honestly, it was very sad seeing the majority of the elderly residents waiting long increments of time to get someone to take them to the restroom, or other basic needs. Many smelled like urine, had bedsores. When I ran to grab a CNA to inform them their resident needed something, I was often met with rolled eyes, to which I started doing things myself for the residents or just stopping by to give them company when I had time.  The CNAs are worked like horses, stepping out to take cigarette breaks when they can, and generally grow a thicker skin. I could see Angela and Lisa as hospice/CNAs. Angela at least has a sense of humor and may be friendlier/entertaining to patients. 

My mom died in July.  She was in hospice, at home...but died within 8 hours of being home.  Her hospice nurse was amazing. As were the hospice techs who brought her home.  
I can’t imagine the end of life process with a loved one, and someone like BGL showing up. I would punch them.  

• Love 14

Erica RUN..... Stephanie is a piece of shit .... she complains about everything and talks a big game when she was in America but now when shit is face to face she’s a fake ass prude... everything irritates her ... can’t stand people like her 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

Stephanie RUN..... Erika is a piece of shit .... she complains about everything and talks a big game when she was in America but now when shit is face to face she’s a fake ass prude... everything irritates her ... can’t stand people like her 

You have the names flipped.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

You have the names flipped.

Yes sorry thank you ... just corrected it

Stephanie is dead on inside... she’s in her own lil world .... she clearly made up her whole story to get on tv cause she’s a sociopath.... Poor Erica ... she doesn’t deserve this bullshit from the sociopath 

• Love 10

Ed’s in his 50s and has never had to sleep without AC?  Never had a unit broken down?  Never had a power outage?  Never went camping?  Never stayed at a friend’s place who didn’t have it?  

Edited by Spike
  • Love 20

As the world churns....

David and Lana: that is a lot of effort for this girl. Driving 8 or so hours on bad roads to get to this town? You spent around $100,000 in 7 years on her? Guess you want some return on your investment. Most folks would have quit at probably a couple of thousand. Is your hair real? Do you wash the wig and have a stand for it to dry overnight? Do you think Lana would genuinely love a man 33 years older than her? Or his ample wallet?

Steph and Erika: Erika really is a lovely, vivacious, fun girl. She paints in colour and Steph, you are a dud. I think maybe you like the idea of being with her, but you have been a killjoy. Controlling and using your illness as a way to get your own way. It's called manipulation and it only gets you so far. You have been rude, have trust issues with her, have minimal affection for her. Go back to selling your crap or lifestyle or whatever.

Avery and Ash: Ash, you are a cunning crocodile. Queen Nefertiri of Egypt has nothing on you. You know every line, what to say, how to be protective. You are a very shallow man and don't really let anyone in past the façade. You talk about Avery meeting your son - why isn't that happening? If she is serious about you, she may want to meet your ex - to get a sense of who she is. You are a shady dude.

Varya and Geoffrey: oh, Geoffrey, you have not come clean with Varya. You went to jail for drug dealing - how did you get a visa to visit Russia? Unless it was that long ago, there is something off with your story. Mama Varya is very suspicious. Varya should have her spidey senses tingling that you are not being honest.

Darcey and Tom: Darcey, you almost made it through the day. Too bad you didn't throw Tom's key back at him. He behaved as an ass and that it was mostly about him not being loved the way he wanted to be loved. How nice that he got to go to Milan Fashion Week. Did the show bring him that opportunity? Chances are the new blonde will be another disposable Darcey when he tires of her. You simply could have gone home, Darcey, and not fall apart in some hotel room. Maybe you are in love with the idea of love. You do need to deal with your demons or you will once again get the lesson of Jesse and Tom - pretty much the same man in a different package. Learn who you are, learn to 'be' and maybe you just mind find an amazing man to share your life with.

Ed and Rose: Comedy gold. I laughed and laughed til my belly hurt. Ed, you are in a third world country. Do you have any idea of why Rose would be attracted to you? Why are you in love with her? Is she kind, is she funny, do you enjoy spending time with her, do you respect her? You kinda treat her like a piece of cattle or property. Yes, it was a major culture shock to see how the poor live. And your entitled life of privilege. I have eczema too when it is winter and I do not require 1000 thread count sheets that are like sleeping on butter. Most 400 and up threadcount sheets will work for you. Cortisone cream, good skincare, moisturizer. See a dermatologist and get some good prescription skincare if you need to. Rose's father almost sleeping with you and Rose almost gave you heart palpitations. Does Rose have a nighttime routine - washing her face, putting some moisturizer on, etc. Her bed, her home, and everything about her life seemed to at one part, disgust you, and the other, wonder if she was using you. Yeah, a 23 year old girl wants a 50 year old man - not unless he is rich. The shower scene was a bit degrading for you - get used to it - and the sick rat. The visit to the pig farm wasn't better - maybe you should have asked about appropriate attire. Too bad you didn't fall in to the pig slop and learn a very humbling lesson. You don't want to vacation with Rose - you want your air conditioning back. Maybe Rose would rather be poor and keep her dignity than be with you.

Usman and Lisa: Babygirl, you've done it again. White and entitled. The MK handbag still puzzles me as you don't seem to be the type to get a half decent purse. The lining looked a little different than mine (mine is more of an ivory colour). You should not have worn sandals to go to the goat farm. Actually, Usman should have told you what it is like. You looked like Usman's mother or grandmother. No believability for that relationship. Meeting mom didn't go that well - the Hausa outfit and turban aged you terribly. No makeup and yikes! Usman told you his relationship with his mother was not good. I would not expect mama's blessing. If you were 10 years older than Usman, maybe. Your lifestyle, your bad hair, your habits, etc., plus poor skin care have really taken a toll on you. You got your deserved middle aged face. Surprised that mama did not send your goat back with you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

My mom died in July.  She was in hospice, at home...but died within 8 hours of being home.  Her hospice nurse was amazing. As were the hospice techs who brought her home.  
I can’t imagine the end of life process with a loved one, and someone like BGL showing up. I would punch them.  

Im sorry about the loss of your mom. Im so glad she had amazing hospice nurse. I think in my post, I accidently blurred together hospice with skilled nursing facilities. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Usman was really rolling the dice there. Deep down inside he knew he wouldn't get his mother's blessing, even with that sacrificial goat in hand. Lisa's face is just plain unpleasant. She showed no geniune happiness in meeting his mother, just eyeballing her with that sour look on her face. You know how happy people have laugh lines? She has constant frown lines on her face and a bossy arrogant personality to match. She knew she was meeting his mom and wasn't even trying to make a good first impression. Usman told her that she would be buying a goat but not even something personal or thoughtful from home like a pretty scarf or chocolates or even a freaking microwave? She was relying on Usman to work on this, to build her up as great wife material. I believe she thinks being an American should be good enough...that it's such a prize. She offers nothing worthwhile to this "relationship"--not even condomfree sex. Usman hasn't kept it a secret that he wants to be an international star. She can't help him with that. She knows she's being used--everyone at home told her so. She's living an ordinary life with a teenage daughter to support. So delusional.

I want to believe that Usman's saying Lisa was a doctor was a bad translation on TLC's part (like when Mursel said he just found out Anna had kids). I don't like to think of him lying to his sister or mother about Lisa. I hope somebody can chime in if he did lie or if TLC is stirring the pot.

Edited by kendi
Edited to add that crap about Lisa being a doctor
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
22 minutes ago, kendi said:

Usman was really rolling the dice there. Deep down inside he knew he wouldn't get his mother's blessing, even with that sacrificial goat in hand. Lisa's face is just plain unpleasant. She showed no geniune happiness in meeting his mother, just eyeballing her with that sour look on her face. You know how happy people have laugh lines? She has constant frown lines on her face and a bossy arrogant personality to match. She knew she was meeting his mom and wasn't even trying to make a good first impression. Usman told her that she would be buying a goat but not even something personal or thoughtful from home like a pretty scarf or chocolates or even a freaking microwave? She was relying on Usman to work on this, to build her up as great wife material. I believe she thinks being an American should be good enough...that it's such a prize. She offers nothing worthwhile to this "relationship"--not even condomfree sex. Usman hasn't kept it a secret that he wants to be an international star. She can't help him with that. She knows she's being used--everyone at home told her so. She's living an ordinary life with a teenage daughter to support. So delusional.

People like Lisa see no need to make a "good first impression" since they know that people are desperate to escape poverty.  

Ed is maybe half a step up, but he is remarkably condescending.  

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ed’s in his 50s and has never has to sleep without AC?  Never had a unit broken down?  Never had a power outage?  Never went camping?  Never stayed at a friend’s place who didn’t have it?  

Or never just been broke?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ed’s in his 50s and has never has to sleep without AC?  Never had a unit broken down?  Never had a power outage?  Never went camping?  Never stayed at a friend’s place who didn’t have it?  

2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Or never just been broke?  

Or realized that people in poverty actually live like this all around the world?

• Love 15
Just now, kendi said:

Or realized that people in poverty actually live like this all around the world?

People who aren't in poverty also live like this. My relatives pooh-poohed an air conditioner for years.  I was weak in getting a portable one for my bedroom. Global warming changed their minds. They now have a room sized unit.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Lisa was already starting in with "you had so much time to prepare for this Usman"

Yes, TWO YEARS!!! But Usman definitely made it sound like it was ALL Lisa’s idea, “She came here because she loves me and wants us to get married.” 

Ed’s tats 

DC1FC04F-7E49-4FA5-A2CC-446E7543C22E.jpeg

C429B521-BABD-47DF-BDC8-45AD49E177BE.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Yes, TWO YEARS!!! But Usman definitely made it sound like it was ALL Lisa’s idea, “She came here because she loves me and wants us to get married.” 

I mean there is only so much you can do.  I think Lisa should have tried to be charming, but I don't think that was gonna change the woman's mind.  Especially if she thinks that Lisa is spiriting her son off to slavery in the United statesm 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, kendi said:

I thought Angela was terrible but Lisa is beyond

At least Angela might have been fun to hang out with in very small doses. I could also imagine her being warm and gentle with the patients. 

I never thought I’d say nice things about Angela either. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I mean there is only so much you can do.  I think Lisa should have tried to be charming, but I don't think that was gonna change the woman's mind.  Especially if she thinks that Lisa is spiriting her son off to slavery in the United statesm 

Does sex slavery count?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Stephanie is an attentionsexual.  I just made that word up, but I think it applies.  I think she gets off on attention and sex is an unfortunate byproduct to get her what turns her on.....attention. 

This is a good term for her! She actually is coming off a little psycho.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

That's a fair question. The Russian tourist visa form does ask American applicants if they have ever been arrested, and if you answer yes then you may be called for an in person interview and have to explain it. 

So one of three things happened:

1. Geoffrey lied on the visa form and checked "no" to the arrest question and since Russia and the USA don't share criminal records, he was approved for a visa

2. Geoffrey checked "yes" on the form admitting his arrest and the Russians never followed up with him and approved his visa application

3. Geoffrey checked "yes" on the form admitting his arrest and the Russians followed up with him and he provided details of his drug trafficking conviction and they gave him the visa.

I think 2 and 3 are very, very unlikely.  I suspect he just lied, and the Russians don't know he has a criminal record. 

By the way, did anyone else notice the huge sh*t eating grin that came across Geoffrey's face when Varya said "If you had told me from the beginning that you were a convicted drug dealer I never would have met you?"

He got this HUGE smile as if to say "I know! Right? That's why I waited until after we had sex and I met your mom! Now it's too late for you to dump me over this without looking stupid in front of your friends and family!"   

Wasn't he the one accusing varya of just using him as a ticket to the United States?  If he felt that way than why all the subterfuge?  If all she needs is a way to the states than she would never break up with him, right?  But at every turn he is keeping things from her because he knows she wouldn't even consider him a worthwhile match.  

• Love 7

Coronavirus staying at home has been getting to me a little.

Seeing Ed freak out at the shower hose down and the chihuahua size rat scaring the shit out of him had me laughing my ass off. Not at their living conditions; at him being such a wuss!

Ed is worried about his delicate skin. How do you think Rose felt after having sex with you? She probably wanted to peel her skin-off! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I feel like laughing at this is sealing my going to hell...

First of all, there should have been a fucking WARNING ⚠️ before we saw shirtless Big Egg! 🤮

Second, he is the biggest dumbass baby, like a Baby Huey. It’s not a huge storm you idiot, it’s typical rain during the rainy season in Asia, duh. If you did any research on you Queen’s country you would know that. And bitching about Rose’s home? How about being humble and not insulting her? It may not be your idea of home but it is still her home you moron. And I just can’t with the grimacing about the hose water, he should be happy they had access to running water, especially since he sweats like a 1000 pound hog and must stink like shit right about now. And the “now that I see how poor she is I’m really worried she’s using me for a green card” bullshit needs to stop! “Do you like living in the Philippines?” Did he really say that?!? He really deserved to fall face first into a pile of pig shit. 

Newsflash Baby Hurl Lisa!!! The ONLY reason that Usman’s momma would give her blessing is so she’s can harvest some of that juicy, kush American dollar! That’s the only reason she said let her son marry that human trash can.

Rainbow Bright, lose the hair color and just be yourself. You seem like a nice gal and I’m sure you can find a nice Oz to build your life with. Bitch face ain’t The One.

Yeah Dumbass, walking around a city scoping out chicks seems like a GREAT way to find a woman that doesn’t exist. “This isn’t me”...except it IS you, stupid lame as numnuts. He is SUCH a dummy. Like, mentally impaired, shouldn’t be allowed to make important his own impaired. 

Varya girl, YOU IN DANGER, runnnn! You just got a free card to pass Go and start Again, TAKE IT!!! When she was telling him about losing a family member, his face was like totally blank. No remorse there at all. When he was talking about his kids coming to visit him in prison, it was all about HIM, not about what that experience might have done to his kids. Fucking asshole. 

That candy shop scene was hilarious. 

Why would this woman give David any information.  I don't doubt she knows Lana, but no decent human being would give out personal information for a young attractive woman to some random ass guy off the street who CLEARLY isn't expected and CLEARLY doesn't have her phone number.  

Why would you assume someone in the Ukraine would enable a stalker?  I would have done exactly what she did and the minute he was on the phone I would call lana and tell her some old turd with a wig is looking for her.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

Ed asking Rosemarie's dirt poor father "Do you like living in the Philippines" was one of the most condescending, cringeworthy, ugly American moments in the history of the 90DF franchise.

He's socially awkward in every way. He asks closed questions and stupid questions (is that a cat? where are the windows? was that thunder? is that roof going to hold?). It's not a language barrier. They speak enough English to carry on a conversation. He has terrible conversation skills, trying to be charming and funny. His shtick is cringeworthy in any language. His self-depreciating humor is sad--giving himself a name like Big Ed, poking fun at himself before others do. People that would make fun of him to his face are jerks---there's no need to try to beat them to the punch. His insecurities make him highly unlikable.I kind of pity him but at the same time i think he's a major creep.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

Ed asking about whether he is her meal ticket out of there vs true love...?  Omg, I just cant take much more of this imbecile.

Him falling twice at the pig farm made up for it a little bit but he just gets more and more pathetic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Marmiarmo said:

And holy hell, do I despise Stephanie!  You have been online flirting with this woman for months, talking about loving her and wanting to spend the rest of your life with her, yet when she sits there crying not three feet away from you, you can’t even hug her or reach out to touch her hand?!

Instead Stephanie launches into a guilt trip speech about how SHE shouldn’t be subjected to such stress and plays the “Illness Card.” 

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Instead Stephanie launches into a guilt trip speech about how SHE shouldn’t be subjected to such stress and plays the “Illness Card.” 

Exactly!  Drama queen, liar, bitch.  Run, Erika, RUN!!!

• Love 11

I wanted to go in the live chat, but I was a bored and motionless pile of crap on my bed for hours and also figured watching it live would make a real post redundant, so I didn't.

Leading Lisa directly into the sunlight can’t be a good idea, especially with her accumulation of skin damage thus far; I'm assuming there is a more medical sounding term than “haggard”. Lisa being a Christian seems to go against her demonic screaming whenever Usman tries to rebuke her demands.

All that shit on the ground at the goat farm looks identical to my bathroom floor after I run of toilet paper; the eye-stinging odor will go on for quite a while since toilet paper is now a rare collectible. It may be more cost effective to wipe with vintage Archie comics now. It’s odd how Usman can display such a level head in these situations, despite having a slightly sloped skull, well not really since the two things don’t overlap.

I’d like to know where Geoffrey procured his Spongebob-esque inflatable anchor arms. The very fact that he considers what’s in his food before he eats it is too much for me to fathom, and it throws me into a depressive mood, cramming a month’s worth of carbs into a single afternoon.

“I’m showing Geoffrey my hometown” - Varya couldn’t sound any more sedated if she tried; perhaps Geoffrey gave her some of his illegal stash that he supposedly did away with all those years ago. I am hoping these conversations are seen as awkward to everyone, so my medically deemed status of socially, mentally, physically, and cellularly r******* isn’t a battle I have to fight alone, even if my proclivity to smelling my fingers renders me alone most nights (all nights).

I saw and scrolled past/avoided a spoiler about Ed and Rose’s relationship that I will only assume confirms the age old Hollywood trope as the fat m***** gets the girl like always. Rose’s Dad is fearful of what Ed might do to her? I think I can speak for all below average height men by saying we are harmless - a dose of bug spray in our face and we’ll quickly run away.

Rose’s mattress pad looks like the giant sheet of tin foil I plaster on my windows to block out the government’s radio waves that I imagine are trying to poison me - feel free to visualize just how insane I look staying up til 5am every night patrolling my house with a flashlight and ingesting several hundred malaria tablets out of an irrational idea that I’ll die in my sleep. Hopefully Ed can relax now that Rose is here; I also rely on the bodyguard services of 5 foot tall women.

Erika and Stephanie’s still photo before their segment looks like they’re in a deadlock of passive aggressiveness. With how annoying Erika is, I’d like to leave her black and blue - that would be a much better looking dye job than cotton candy. Stephanie wearing camouflage must mean she’s aware that this relationship means war now.

This scene is making me dislike women, which is probably the only explanation for why I just pitched a tent to a photo of Ed; a photo of Avery would be a miracle cure right about now.

Resuming the adventures of the escaped asylum patient David - it seems like an accurate comparison, since the insane tend to talk to people who aren’t really there. It’s a little sad with David not being aware that young women won’t want him.

Unless I miraculously change my perspective, I hope to die at around age 50 in a tragic (but very cool) motorcycle accident - I have to go before slipping into enduring mass rejection from young women. Of course I have to get into the period of being approved by them first. Shit.

Ash talks like those gurus who methodically walk around on stage with the headset microphone pacing back and forth trying to pack as much b.s. into the two hours before hyping up the upcoming book that will be rephrasing all b.s. material stated thus far.

I don’t know how this talk of his son going to America is even a conversation, since the parents who willingly send their young kids overseas are usually a combo of fat, balding, and doing time in federal penitentiaries.

I used to say Tom looks good, but I don’t know any 39 year old man who has silver hair, unless he has a child’s mindset and thinks that it somehow increases his net worth. Damn, his sister is British to the core - I can only imagine the attention a mere 4/10 is bombarded with over there due to the sheer rarity.

I can’t relate to Tom saying hurtful remarks, at least not in real life - if I feel there’s any sort of real life confrontation, I smother myself in canola oil so I can easily slip out if grabbed. I know Darcey wants to be loved, which I would relish to be able to give her, but all I can muster is a stone cold glazed eye look of lust due to being raised on 10,000 hours of porn.

Darcey has the opportunity of a lifetime, since most women let out attention grabbing tears on Facebook for a maximum of a few dozen likes or “message me <3” comments, while Darcey has a national audience. I don’t know if Darcey’s remark about “closing this chapter” with Tom makes the most sense, since Ed is the one with the warped spine. Heh.

It’s always hard thinking of Rose as 3 years younger than me, since she has a kid and I still am one. Ed bitching about the accommodations sounds like the spoiled witch in a Hallmark movie. Rose’s voice is so grating to listen to, it sounds like the recreation of an old woman text to speech program.

Damn….would I shower with Rose’s Dad to get a peak of her naked? Before I’d even answer the question, I’d already find myself dragging the bar of soap across her Dad’s ass - I can only hope I’m not blinded by the shampoo as to not suffer for nothing.

My Mom is a pretty mild mannered person, but I think if I showed up with a woman double my age, she’d beat my ass with a spatula. That’s pretty unlikely though, since I offer up my seat on the bus to women my own age, since they look like spinsters to me. I still smell the seat after they leave.

Since Usman’s Mom probably won’t give them the blessing, this will be another instance of Lisa getting “black balled”, although only one of those situations can be shown on TV.

Erika wants them to just have fun, yet she wants to turn her visit into a theatre performance for her parents. Ugh. Stephanie seems somewhat pleasant in comparison - my insane desire to sniff the 3 foot radius of her rump would make me muzzle up if she dumped several hours worth of bitching about all of my character flaws, of which there are many. Of course Erika enjoyed the breast molding, since with all of that ink, she’d no doubt use it as tit for tat for any previous wrongdoing.

Maybe the idea of David selling the film rights to his life story would be alluring if he wasn’t already rich. Wow, that candy shop has all the major American food groups in it; at least it’s comforting to know most online armchair arguments will remain such due to being fused to the seat.

Lana’s request for a visa is a nice double entendre for wanting to “swipe” all of David’s money. This is really sad to watch. Almost makes me feel better about sending “I love you’s” and kiss emojis to a Facebook profile with an avatar of a man’s spread ass.

Geoffrey’s news of drug dealing is a tough pill to swallow, unless he smuggled them rectally - perhaps his daily purchases of petroleum jelly is what tipped off the feds. The idea of drugdealers being at fault is so flawed to me, unless people’s belief of there being no free will extends to helplessly watching your own arms tighten a bungee around your bicep. With his knowledge of drugs, Geoffrey should know Varya’s intense emotions about the subject will only last a few hours.

That vehicle Ed and Rose got on looks like the car that shackled prisoners are transported to jail in, though I don’t think Ed has anything to worry about unless the woman tending to the roadside stand notices her bottle of mayonnaise is gone.

Those containers full of unidentifiable slop looks like the typical American diet (these jabs are easy to throw out, despite the Canadian diet being nearly identical). In addition to the related words, the maximum 6 seconds of affection shown thus far between them would make a great video for Rose's Vine.

I feel like Stephanie’s immune system would really strengthen by being around someone as toxic as I am. Does Erika have the concept of first base, etc.? Her expecting a diamond right off the bat would be in line with that thinking. Do women use tears as a second secret language so men can’t understand what they’re saying? I know words were said, but I only heard a faint high pitched whine.

How many damn episodes has this “meet my Mother” shit been hyped up only for it to not happen? One can only imagine that’s because Usman keeps calling off the relationship out of disgust only to be bribed back into it by TLC. Am I the only one surprised that his Mom isn’t Chinese?

Lisa would technically be going back to the US as a single woman, albeit having to pay for two plane tickets due to her size. I don’t know if Lisa could be considered a worker in the medical field when the only thing “doctored” are the photos on her dating profile. I’m sure Usman’s Mother is concerned that she will crush his spirits as well as his physical body, ruining this life and the next.

///

Don’t have much of an opinion on the preview aside from the apathetic look plastered on my stupid face. The lack of screen time Darcey and Avery got in this episode has made for the lowest libido of the season. You’d think Tom’s insults wouldn’t mean much due to the literal amount of lip Darcey could dish back.

How much does Yolanda’s daughter get to watch her Mother’s IQ drop like a New Year’s countdown? I was expecting Erika’s friend Adam to be muscular and a giant douche (the second being a term I’ve used to describe “attractive male” for as long as I can remember), but he looks like a fishfaced goober.

Can’t say I’d be surprised to see those two champagne glasses there, as David laughs and talks with a girl nobody else can see or hear, unless he needs alcohol to summon her first.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

I have never seen such an entire cast of unlikeable and undesirable characters. I truly feel bad for America as anyone outside of the country, watching this, thinks this is a random sampling of your population. Meanwhile no one has placed a warning that these are the dregs of society.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, kendi said:

She offers nothing worthwhile to this "relationship"--not even condomfree sex. Usman hasn't kept it a secret that he wants to be an international star. She can't help him with that. She knows she's being used--everyone at home told her so. She's living an ordinary life with a teenage daughter to support. So delusional.

I have to ask... are African men really this stupid about women. We've heard a couple of times that these men expect children from these dried up ol' 'bags of dirt' (old expression my mother used to point out the most horrible of people.) Angela and BabyLisa are going to be pumping out babies. Come on - don't insult the viewers with this nonsense. I hate to say it, but when I see these women pretending they are 20 again while the world shakes its head at the delusion, I want real drama that will shake awake these arrogant, b**ches from their American-entitlement fantasies! Have some beautiful, age-appropriate female saunter by and lure these men away - right in front of them. A little humiliation would be good for them after the way they treated these men who have managed to maintain their polite personas! Gosh this gets me mad!

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I have to ask... are African men really this stupid about women. We've heard a couple of times that these men expect children from these dried up ol' 'bags of dirt' (old expression my mother used to point out the most horrible of people.) Angela and BabyLisa are going to be pumping out babies. Come on - don't insult the viewers with this nonsense. I hate to say it, but when I see these women pretending they are 20 again while the world shakes its head at the delusion, I want real drama that will shake awake these arrogant, b**ches from their American-entitlement fantasies! Have some beautiful, age-appropriate female saunter by and lure these men away - right in front of them. A little humiliation would be good for them after the way they treated these men who have managed to maintain their polite personas! Gosh this gets me mad!

Maybe their reproductive biology classes haven't been too effective 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It was disturbing to watch Lisa meet the family. She had an smirk on her face the whole time. Her lips were pursed as if she was holding back lashing out at them for not accepting her.

Usman needs to let her go and get back to the drawing board.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Why didn’t he bring the sheets in his luggage? If all the other crap he sent was “lost” why risk not having the sheets? And didn’t he insure the packages after the first couple disappeared?

Yea, if he continued to send packages after the first few were "lost" and he didn't bring his own sheets then that's on him.

• Love 9