Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Stranger In A Strange Land

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Maybe.  I was thinking during the scene that it was most likely he revealed this earlier to her (but I'd say while he was in Russia, since he's a dirtbag), and so  production is "recreating" and she had her response ready.

Without going into spoilers, if he has been so reluctant to disclose his ancient history it seems unlikely she will hear more recent news this decade.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Yolanda’s daughter seems somewhat savvy.   I can’t understand why she hasn’t suggested a reverse photo search once she realized Williams was in Nigeria?  Isn’t that a classic technique, get some random photos that they think will attract the mark?

I remember years ago when catfishing didn’t even have a name yet, Dr Phil did an episode about a woman who had sent the guy thousands and her family wanted Dr Phil to do an intervention.   They tracked down the guy in the photos (a family man in Northern England).  I forget where the scammer said he was from but it wasn’t England.  The photos were from some beach holiday the guy had taken and posted to MySpace.  

Even getting him on camera didn’t convince this woman she was being scammed. They were in love and she didn’t understand why he was lying now and faking a British accent.   Nothing anyone could say would change her mind.   It was pretty sad.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Yolanda’s daughter seems somewhat savvy.   I can’t understand why she hasn’t suggested a reverse photo search once she realized Williams was in Nigeria?  Isn’t that a classic technique, get some random photos that they think will attract the mark?

I remember years ago when catfishing didn’t even have a name yet, Dr Phil did an episode about a woman who had sent the guy thousands and her family wanted Dr Phil to do an intervention.   They tracked down the guy in the photos (a family man in Northern England).  I forget where the scammer said he was from but it wasn’t England.  The photos were from some beach holiday the guy had taken and posted to MySpace.  

Even getting him on camera didn’t convince this woman she was being scammed. They were in love and she didn’t understand why he was lying now and faking a British accent.   Nothing anyone could say would change her mind.   It was pretty sad.  

I think I saw that episode - or one on the same subject.  The woman even sold her house to send him more money.

• Love 2

There was a guy on Catfish who thought he was dating a celebrity.  And even when the celebrity recorded a video telling him that she had never communicated with him, he wouldn’t accept it.  He thought she was pranking him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Regarding all those gifts Ed sent to Rose, I’m surprised he didn’t send a balikbayan box. Those are packages sent to the Philippines through private companies, not the mail. Cheaper and safer but takes longer (by ship). I’m sure his coworker knows about it. Not sure how it compares to UPS, except it should be cheaper.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

I have to ask... are African men really this stupid about women. We've heard a couple of times that these men expect children from these dried up ol' 'bags of dirt' (old expression my mother used to point out the most horrible of people.) Angela and BabyLisa are going to be pumping out babies.

They're not that stupid, they just go along with it to get the green card. If they want kids in the US, they'll ditch these hags and marry someone else. The only idiots are the Americans who believe this shit...Like yeah, Usman's never had unprotected sex before, come the fuck ON..Just, No.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I really feel like this guy is punking us all.  Like he's probably some failed stand up comedian and he finally got his chance to be on TV.

I knew I saw  resemblance to Dave Coulier!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Spike said:

He wouldn’t go directly to her home (likely random) address because that would be creepy.  Yet what if she did shop at that candy store regularly and the clerk was just stonewalling him and then told her the next time some guy was walking around flashing your picture and asking about you?  Not creepy at all.

Exactly, even if Lana were a real person, I wouldn't tell some random ass old man where she lived.  

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Regarding all those gifts Ed sent to Rose, I’m surprised he didn’t send a balikbayan box. Those are packages sent to the Philippines through private companies, not the mail. Cheaper and safer but takes longer (by ship). I’m sure his coworker knows about it. Not sure how it compares to UPS, except it should be cheaper.

That's what I said in the first episode when he went to UPS. It's only about $75 bucks to send a box up to 100 lbs. The companies will sell you the packing box and pick it up from your house. They'll even re-tape and reinforce it with twine. But Ed doesn't plan like a person with common sense. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And if she'd just been honest, said she was sorry but she wasn't feeling it, she'd have been cut more slack. Instead she made everything Erika's fault, and was relentlessly critical and nit picky.

So much this! I’d have so much more respect for Stephanie (and people in general) if she just owned it.

One of my pet peeves in life is when someone says “You make me feel.....” Ummm, that’s a hard NO for me. Grow up, be an adult, take the responsibility/blame and move the fuck on. I’m even one step evolved from that, since I’m old and my ego can take it. Even if something isn’t my fault, I’ll accept the blame and allow the other person to believe s/he is blameless. It doesn’t cost me anything and I usually don’t care enough about pissing contests to let it ruin day. If I know I’m right, that’s all that really matters.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So much this! I’d have so much more respect for Stephanie (and people in general) if she just owned it.

One of my pet peeves in life is when someone says “You make me feel.....” Ummm, that’s a hard NO for me. Grow up, be an adult, take the responsibility/blame and move the fuck on. I’m even one step evolved from that, since I’m old and my ego can take it. Even if something isn’t my fault, I’ll accept the blame and allow the other person to believe s/he is blameless. It doesn’t cost me anything and I usually don’t care enough about pissing contests to let it ruin day. If I know I’m right, that’s all that real matters.

I can do that, but if I'm telling the truth I really hate to be accused of lying.  Even if *I know I am telling the truth.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I can do that, but if I'm telling the truth I really hate to be accused of lying.  Even if *I know I am telling the truth.

I tend to say “okay” and shrug a lot. You can never convince someone who refuses to be convinced.

• Love 4

If there's one thing I really like about Erika, it's that she knows her feelings and owns her feelings. I'm only a few yrs older than Erika, but at 24, I couldn't articulate exactly what I wanted from another person like she could. If Stephanie weren't so self-centered, she could really learn something from her. Hopefully she'll learn something from this massive failure of whatever it is that they have other than, I'll never love again!

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

One of my pet peeves in life is when someone says “You make me feel.....” Ummm, that’s a hard NO for me. Grow up, be an adult, take the responsibility/blame and move the fuck on. I’m even one step evolved from that, since I’m old and my ego can take it. Even if something isn’t my fault, I’ll accept the blame and allow the other person to believe s/he is blameless. It doesn’t cost me anything and I usually don’t care enough about pissing contests to let it ruin day. If I know I’m right, that’s all that really matters.

I've kinda come to this point in life to, the risk isn't worth the reward and there really is no reward anyways.  But that's with people I care about, with people I don't, I just go quiet.  Again, not worth the fight.  In retrospect, like 10-20% of things in life are really worth the fight. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Marie better have asked 🥚 for thousands of American dollars  for him to be making such a frickin' deal about the shakedown...if it is less than $1000US, I'm going to flip a coffee table.

Well, if it was just $600 that would be about 4-6 months salary for the average low skilled Filipina.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Also, Stephanie referred to Erika as her girlfriend of like seven months

I believe they've been a couple for FOUR months after chatting online for a couple of years. Again, my theory is that Stephanie cooked up the idea of submitting an audition tape for this program around the same time she talked Erika into being in a relationship. 

As for David, since he has an address for Lana couldn't he try use his GPS to find her? I'll bet anything the address doesn't even exist, but he would soon know that if he entered the info into his device. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I believe they've been a couple for FOUR months after chatting online for a couple of years. Again, my theory is that Stephanie cooked up the idea of submitting an audition tape for this program around the same time she talked Erika into being in a relationship. 

It's possible, and if true, that really sucks for Erika.  

If fairness to Stephanie and @gavinmac I think it would be reasonable for someone who is in Stephanie's position to not want to be intimate if she got to Australia and Erika just wasn't at all who she thought she was physically.  

I'd totally get that, but I don't think the pics that have been shown of Erika look much different than she does on camera.  I don't see excessive filtering, but they only flash those pictures for a millisecond.  Stephanie hasn't said anything about that being the issue though.  I don't think Erika is fat, anymore than Stephanie.  I think they are both enjoying those youthful times where you can just eat whatever,.never work out and still look reasonable.  

HOWEVER, if Stephanie was presented with a completely different person a la Rebecca and zied and anyone who has a ring light then I'd be at least a little sympathetic. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If fairness to Stephanie and @gavinmac I think it would be reasonable for someone who is in Stephanie's position to not want to be intimate if she got to Australia and Erika just wasn't at all who she thought she was physically.  

I'd totally get that, but I don't think the pics that have been shown of Erika look much different than she does on camera.  I don't see excessive filtering, but they only flash those pictures for a millisecond.  Stephanie hasn't said anything about that being the issue though.  I don't think Erika is fat, anymore than Stephanie.  I think they are both enjoying those youthful times where you can just eat whatever,.never work out and still look reasonable.  

HOWEVER, if Stephanie was presented with a completely different person a la Rebecca and zied and anyone who has a ring light then I'd be at least a little sympathetic. 

I thought we all had ring lights.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

When Darcy was lying in bed crying about Tom, did anyone else hear hiccups? She was like the stereotypical older character in the movies crying, drunk ranting and hiccuping.

I had a different take on her bringing such a large overnight bag. I think she realized she would either be delirious after her meeting with Tom because they had made up, or upset & crying from sadness. Either way, she figured she'd be wasted and would need to spend the night.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Oh come on, it's not like Erika covered a missing nose or 50 pounds, she pretty much looks like her photos. And yes, being physically attracted to your partner is an important thing but so is months of alleged deep emotional bonding. AND NOT TO PASS JUDGEMENTS ON PEOPLE'S APPEARANCES, but Erika is not a burn victim or covered in weeping skin lesions, there is no clear, even if bigoted, reason she might be opposed to any physical affection towards her, yet she seems clearly repulsed by the very idea of any level of physical intimacy with her.

I'm just not buying it, if anyone did the catfishing here is was Stephanie. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

Has BGL ever thought to ask Usman how many wives he plans to take?  Polygamy is legal in Sokoto and you'd think he'd want at least one fertile wife.

Polygamy in some Islamic countries has been discussed in prior seasons. IIRC, the first wife has to agree to any additional wives. Somehow I can’t see BGL doing that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Polygamy in some Islamic countries has been discussed in prior seasons. IIRC, the first wife has to agree to any additional wives. Somehow I can’t see BGL doing that. 

The first wife has to agree?  In Islamic countries?  I'm not trying to be rude - I know nothing of the religion.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

People who aren't in poverty also live like this. My relatives pooh-poohed an air conditioner for years.  I was weak in getting a portable one for my bedroom. Global warming changed their minds. They now have a room sized unit.

Ok, I just have to say I did not have air conditioning growing up in Ohio. This would  be fine except my dad is a mechanical engineer! His job is literally air conditioning and heating! We had fans growing up, he was like- you are not going to die. I was like- when I grow up I am coming to blame all my problems on you in therapy! When I bought my first house the most important thing on the list was AC!  I do not like being hot! But Ed is still a whiny baby!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Has BGL ever thought to ask Usman how many wives he plans to take?  Polygamy is legal in Sokoto and you'd think he'd want at least one fertile wife.

She can't handle his fee-male fans. Another wife? BGL may end up in jail.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, gavinmac said:

When did we get to the point in our society where "slut shaming" women for promiscuity is never acceptable but "prude shaming" women for showing interest in a mate and then deciding not to have sex is totally acceptable?

If Stephanie had gone to Australia to meet Ash and then decided after meeting him that she wasn't comfortable having sex with him, would anyone be condemning her as a c*cktease? No, everyone would be praising her for being independent, taking control of her body, etc.

But because she was interested in a WOMAN online and then wasn't so horny for her in person, now everyone is jumping all over Stephanie for being a tease and a prude and a fake lesbian.

Isn't it possible that chubby Erika and her ridiculous nose ring and Lucky Charms bowl cut hairdo just look way worse in person than on a computer screen, and there was no "spark" between them, and Stephanie is still gay for women but just doesn't like Erika? Because I like chicks as much as Jodie Foster does but I find Erika pretty unattractive.

My problem with her has nothing to do with her abstinence. It's refreshing. I'd rather not have to witness people pawing all over each other on TV. But, long before her discomfort became apparent, the relationship did not ring true to me except as good friends. In the latest episode, Erika gives several examples of how Stephanie just doesn't seem on board with anything - including meeting friends, and just acts as though everything is just too much for her, and BTW, you didn’t forget my illness, did you Erika?

I can identify with the idea that Erika in person is not what Steph expected, but she is such an exhausting whiner.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

The first wife has to agree?  In Islamic countries?  I'm not trying to be rude - I know nothing of the religion.

Neither do I, but I think that was the case. I'm too lazy to look it up; I'm sure someone here will enlighten us.

OK, I did a quick check. In several countries, the wife can have a clause in the wedding contract prohibiting polygamy. In some, the wife must provide written proof agreeing to it, which must be presented at the second marriage, and in some the wife and the government both have to approve. Of course, for any of this to happen, the couple would have to live in one of the countries that approves polygamy, and that isn't happening with these two. (Unless they move to Utah.😄)

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 2

Unless you're really wealthy, say a member of the Saudi royal family or an oil baron, having multiple wives isn't an option. According to the tenets of Islam, all wives have to be treated the same. Take one wife on vacation, take them all. Buy one a diamond necklace, buy all of them a diamond necklace. Its not common at all these days, simply as a practical matter if nothing else. It's permitted. That's it. It's not expected. It's not common. And in most cases, the original wife has to agree to it. (in most places she can have it written in to the marriage contract). 

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

As for David, since he has an address for Lana couldn't he try use his GPS to find her? I'll bet anything the address doesn't even exist, but he would soon know that if he entered the info into his device. 

That "address" is a vacant lot or a cemetery or something. Lana doesn't exist, so she certainly doesn't have an address! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Big Egg is just so entitled. When he said to Rose's dad "I didn't get much sleep because I was hot, so I want to take Rose on vacation". She didn't translate to her dad his comment "I was hot" . That really pissed me off. Boo hoo Ed you're hot. That was the first night in your life you ever spent without air conditioning, you poor thing! I feel really sorry for you.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Totally.  It would be reasonable if Erika did those selfies that look nothing like the person in real life.  But these two have video chatted.   Erika is exactly that person.

The only other possibility that could explain what seems to be repulsion is if Erika has chronic halitosis and body odor is completely offensive.  

That's why I've been leaning toward Stephanie thought she wanted a relationship with a woman but then realized she's not only NOT gay, she's NOT bi either.

And I know people don't want to be boxed in, but if you're not gay, how can you even be bi? Is it that you are really pansexual?  You fell in love with the person but would not normally be attracted to someone of the same sex?  I know I sound like a dumb hetereo, but if Steph says isn't gay, she gets there and seems to not want any sexual contact with Erika other than hand holding, it seems perfectly okay to question her sexuality and whether she really wants to be with a woman.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, gavinmac said:

She actually lives in Ryazan, not Moscow. Beggars can't be choosers. Derek Jeter's not going to propose to her, and she knows that. She can move to Knoxville, do her two year marriage stint, and then she's free to move to New York if she wants. 

What are her other options? Many successful Russian men don't want an opinionated  woman over 30. Many Russian men are alcoholics, and don't earn very much, and die around age 65. 

Actually, didn't she tell Geoffrey she could have married online American guy #1 but turned him down? I wonder if that's true and what was wrong with that guy. He must have been older/creepier or less attractive than Geoffrey.

Ah, for some reason I thought she lived in Moscow!  You're probably right.  Geoffrey is probably a lot better looking than most of the American men looking for a Russian.  Most of them probably are Dave/Ed-ish.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Totally.  It would be reasonable if Erika did those selfies that look nothing like the person in real life.  But these two have video chatted.   Erika is exactly that person.

The only other possibility that could explain what seems to be repulsion is if Erika has chronic halitosis and body odor is completely offensive.  

That's why I've been leaning toward Stephanie thought she wanted a relationship with a woman but then realized she's not only NOT gay, she's NOT bi either.

And I know people don't want to be boxed in, but if you're not gay, how can you even be bi? Is it that you are really pansexual?  You fell in love with the person but would not normally be attracted to someone of the same sex?  I know I sound like a dumb hetereo, but if Steph says isn't gay, she gets there and seems to not want any sexual contact with Erika other than hand holding, it seems perfectly okay to question her sexuality and whether she really wants to be with a woman.

I don't think she is gay or knows yet if she is for sure. I think she saw this as an opportunity to promote herself and her youtube channel. I thought I would skip their segments for this reason, that it just seems like blatant self-promotion for both of them,  but actually I sort of like the storyline.

Here she has Aplastic Anemia, which is extremely serious, and it would be hard for her to do a lot of jobs well, but through her own efforts, has made a successful youtube channel. Well good for her for doing that.

I think she is in love with the Australian girl, but more on a platonic level. I don't think she realized until she got there that she didn't want to have sex with a female, although I do think she does love this girl. I believe the Australian girl is gay. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, gavinmac said:

When did we get to the point in our society where "slut shaming" women for promiscuity is never acceptable but "prude shaming" women for showing interest in a mate and then deciding not to have sex is totally acceptable?

If Stephanie had gone to Australia to meet Ash and then decided after meeting him that she wasn't comfortable having sex with him, would anyone be condemning her as a c*cktease? No, everyone would be praising her for being independent, taking control of her body, etc.

But because she was interested in a WOMAN online and then wasn't so horny for her in person, now everyone is jumping all over Stephanie for being a tease and a prude and a fake lesbian.

Isn't it possible that chubby Erika and her ridiculous nose ring and Lucky Charms bowl cut hairdo just look way worse in person than on a computer screen, and there was no "spark" between them, and Stephanie is still gay for women but just doesn't like Erika? Because I like chicks as much as Jodie Foster does but I find Erika pretty unattractive.

I've questioned her sexuality, but I'm not prude shaming her at all.   I don't think anyone is saying she should be putting out, but for someone that seemed so certain this was her soul mate, she sure seems to be repulsed by Erika.

Sure, there's a possibility that she got there and there was no spark whatsoever.  But it also seems extremely unlikely that someone could think "chubby Erika and her ridiculous nose ring and Lucky Charms bowl cut hairdo" could look that much worse in person than on a computer screen.  

It seems more possible to me that someone who doesn't consider herself as gay, did a little handle holding, got kissed and suddenly realized that she was bicurious and not as curious anymore.  

It would be like Geoffrey saying he wasn't gay, but Ed was his soul mate/boyfriend, video chatting with Ed, talking about how can't wait to kiss him, then he sees Ed in person and doesn't want to have sex with him.  Now would you really say, "Maybe his no neck, fatness, and shortness looks worse in person than on the computer screen?"

(Sorry for that visual).   

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

I don't think she is gay or knows yet if she is for sure. I think she saw this as an opportunity to promote herself and her youtube channel. I thought I would skip their segments for this reason, that it just seems like blatant self-promotion for both of them,  but actually I sort of like the storyline.

Here she has Aplastic Anemia, which is extremely serious, and it would be hard for her to do a lot of jobs well, but through her own efforts, has made a successful youtube channel. Well good for her for doing that.

I think she is in love with the Australian girl, but more on a platonic level. I don't think she realized until she got there that she didn't want to have sex with a female, although I do think she does love this girl. I believe the Australian girl is gay. 

Agreed. 

I don't think she catfished her, I don't think she pretended to be in love with Erika.  I don't think she pretended to be in love with Erika thinking a faux lesbianism would bring in clicks.  I think if this was for clicks, she'd be making out with her on camera like it was some hot romance. 

Maybe it's just Erika and that she will find another woman to fall for and it will be hot and heavy. But I doubt it.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

And I know people don't want to be boxed in, but if you're not gay, how can you even be bi?

I don’t follow this-Being Bisexual (sexually attracted to two sexes/genders- on the binary) and Homosexual (sexually attracted to persons of the same sex/gender) are two different things. Gay people aren’t bi and bi people aren’t gay. 

There is also the Kinsey scale, if we are talking about attraction on the binary (0 as exclusively heterosexual, 6 exclusively homosexual).

Only Stephanie knows how she feels, but I don’t think she’s into Erica sexually AT ALL. Now that may be just a general “we met online but don’t have real life sparks” thing, or it may be that she’s a 1.5 or a 2 on the Kinsey scale and Erica just doesn’t do it for her, but she’s still bisexual. I know that stereotypically feminine presenting women are consistently subjected to bi-erasure, so I don’t want to do that to Stephanie.

But either way she isn’t into Erica. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t follow this? Being Bisexual (sexually attracted to two sexes/genders- on the binary) and Homosexual (sexually attracted to persons of the same sex/gender) are two different things. Gay people aren’t bi and bi people aren’t gay. 

There is also the Kinsey scale, if we are talking about attraction on the binary (0 as exclusively heterosexual, 6 exclusively homosexual).

Only Stephanie knows how she feels, but I don’t think she’s into Erica sexually AT ALL. Now that may be just a general “we met online but don’t have real life sparks” thing, or it may be that she’s a 1.5 or a 2 on the Kinsey scale and Erica just doesn’t do it for her, but she’s still bisexual. I know that stereotypically feminine presenting women are consistently subjected to bi-erasure, so I don’t want to do that to Stephanie.

But either way she isn’t into Erica. 

Like I said, I'm hetero and I understand sexuality, for some, is fluid.  I get that being gay means you aren't bi.  But seems like if you are bi, but in a committed relationship with the same sex, you could at that point call yourself gay or at least that you are in a gay relationship.  Again, I'm a dumb hetero so I guess you are still not gay, just in a homosexual relationship.  And I appreciate your comments!  Thanks for educating me.

Yes, she is def. not into Erika.  I think the reason we question her sexuality is b/c rainbow brite didn't hide who she was.  And suddenly she's not into her.  

I have a couple of friends who thought they were in love with a woman (different women they thought they were in love with).  Both had never been with one.  One did actually have sex with the woman she crushed on.  One couldn't get past the kiss.  Both realized they were loved the girl, but aren't bisexual, aren't gay.  They experimented and determined they are hetero and never had another experience with a woman.  Never wanted another experience.  I didn't erase their sexuality.  There are people that experiment once, never do that again.  

To me, that's could very well be Stephanie.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

Maybe she isn't sexually attracted to Erika, but she doesn't seem to want to be friends or have any fun with Erika either.  Was she faking her fun-loving persona?  I wonder how her YouTube channel will do once people see that she is not the person she pretends to be.

• Love 16

Holy shit, whatever sexuality she is, whatever she isn't.  She's fucking annoying.  

EDIT:  This was video before 90 day fiance, so there are no spoilers in it.  I think the 90 day fiance news was her annoying she would be on it. 

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 4/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, Lily247 said:

Ehhh. Even if he wasnt officially divorced, it would barely make a dent on the mountain of reasons this couple will not work

Agreed but I've always wondered if he was still very married (or divorced but still involved with his ex) and the plan was for him to get over to the states with their child and then dump Avery and bring the ex over. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Like I said, I'm hetero and I understand sexuality, for some, is fluid.  I get that being gay means you aren't bi.  But seems like if you are bi, but in a committed relationship with the same sex, you could at that point call yourself gay or at least that you are in a gay relationship.  Again, I'm a dumb hetero so I guess you are still not gay, just in a homosexual relationship.  And I appreciate your comments!  Thanks for educating me.

No you aren’t dumb! But being in a same sex relationship doesn’t make someone gay if they aren’t gay (if they are bisexual for example) it just means they are in a same sex relationship (even if that relationship is their life long committed partnership like a marriage).

Someone’s relationship doesn’t change their sexual orientation. Plenty of gay people were forced into (Or chose for a variety of reasons) heterosexual relationships throughout history- that didn’t make them heterosexual. 

I don’t think Stephanie is into Erica, but she could very well be just as into women as she always was but Erica doesn’t do it for her. I am heterosexual but people often don’t think so because I don’t fawn over every man I see (well unless he has muscles, then I’m a weak puppy- like I think Ash is really hot). Lol. 

• Love 3