Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Stranger In A Strange Land

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Geoffrey is a man that will still look nice 20 yrs from now even if he gains a few pounds or stops working out- his facial structure is solid. 

Reminder: In 20 years, those horrible tattoos are going to look sooooo much worse than they do at present. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Reminder: In 20 years, those horrible tattoos are going to look sooooo much worse than they do at present. 

They'll look like nipple stretch marks!  Aaaaah!

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Agree. I predict that he will pick a fight with Rose or find some "secret" out about her, use it against her, and sadly, regretfully (because he's a "nice guy") decide that she is not worthy of the diamond ring he so lovingly bought. Which he will then return to the jeweler as soon as he lands back in the US.

When you mentioned the ring - that reminds me of a conversation that Ed had with Freddie:  Why did he not come out and say, when asked what his intentions were, why did he not say right there and then:  "I want to marry your daughter, I bought a ring with me!"  - oh wait I know why.....he had tremendous buyer's remorse (yes I said it) as he knew earlier he was never going to bring her back to the US.

I still think it is funny he is mulling whether Rose is using him to get out of poverty.  Her dad lives in PALLETS next to pigs.  Hmmm....what do you think there, Ed?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I meant with clothes on, and in his face. But you are very right!

3 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Oh the irony...

maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn’t believe Ed said this. Tons of women don’t shave (personally or culturally). It’s not “gross”, it’s now human beings are. And her legs were not that hairy! I was expecting Chewbacca or something. Does his ass shave anything?? Nope. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I meant with clothes on, and in his face. But you are very right!

I couldn’t believe Ed said this. Tons of women don’t shave (personally or culturally). It’s not “gross”, it’s now human beings are. And her legs were not that hairy! I was expecting Chewbacca or something. Does his ass shave anything?? Nope. 

To me, the fact that this guy could call anything on anyone that he is lucky enough to find that will fuck him is absolutely galling.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He said this while his hair reeked of mayonnaise as well, I am sure.

So the mayo as a hair mask thing didn’t bother me so much. People used to do that- the fat and protein makes your hair really soft, but Ed could’ve just BOUGHT hair mask (like normal people) or used coconut oil....MAYO felt so 1960s to me!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe the lady in the candy store IS Lana, Yelena, Svetlana, Natasha and Ludmila.  

Right? It would certainly add some texture to this story if fleecing gullible American men was a cottage industry in this town. The candy store is just a front.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

So the mayo as a hair mask thing didn’t bother me so much. People used to do that- the fat and protein makes your hair really soft, but Ed could’ve just BOUGHT hair mask (like normal people) or used coconut oil....MAYO felt so 1960s to me!! 

I cannot STAND the smell of mayo.  It makes me want to dry heave.  Coconut oil would be so much better.  His hair just looks so greasy!!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When you mentioned the ring - that reminds me of a conversation that Ed had with Freddie:  Why did he not come out and say, when asked what his intentions were, why did he not say right there and then:  "I want to marry your daughter, I bought a ring with me!"  - oh wait I know why.....he had tremendous buyer's remorse (yes I said it) as he knew earlier he was never going to bring her back to the US.

I still think it is funny he is mulling whether Rose is using him to get out of poverty.  Her dad lives in PALLETS next to pigs.  Hmmm....what do you think there, Ed?

He also said he isn’t playing games and I wasn’t sure whether he was implying that Rose was.

13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Leg hair bothers him? Ed should be down on his knees thanking God (or Aliens) that someone like Rose would even look at him!

He probably developed a leg fetish taking all those cheesecake photos taped to the fapping wall in his bedroom.  Probably likes a woman to wear heels to bed as well.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I cannot STAND the smell of mayo.  It makes me want to dry heave.  Coconut oil would be so much better.  His hair just looks so greasy!!

I find the smell of coconut vile.  Probably because of all that cheap suntan lotion that was popular in the 80s.

• Love 4

I couldn’t believe Ed threw food on the floor for the chicken. That’s their house!!! Not like they were eating outside. He’s an imbecile. 
BGL looked so miserable sitting with Usman’s family. I realize she always does, but you’d think she’d make an effort to smile, just once. I loved Usman’s sister’s reaction when he said they wanted to get married. She was definitely holding back laughter. 
As far as BGL’s MK purse, you can buy them pretty cheap. His line is among the affordable “designer” bags. 
Are we ever going to get more than 5 minutes of Yolanda’s story?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Geoffrey does remind me of Paul Lynde sometimes.

Haha I'm thinking Hanna-Barbera's Snagglepuss, "Exit, stage left!" (Now I've dated myself lol)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, kendi said:

Haha I'm thinking Hanna-Barbera's Snagglepuss, "Exit, stage left!" (Now I've dated myself lol)

With a dash of Jambi from Pee Wee’s Playhouse.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Spike said:
55 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I find the smell of coconut vile.  Probably because of all that cheap suntan lotion that was popular in the 80s.

Hmmmm.  OK!!  No coconut... no mayo.  Here's a thought!  What if.... just saying... what IF.... Ed were to use shampoo and conditioner?  Is that too wild and crazy?  Am I nuts?  I know my ideas tend to get pretty unbelievable sometimes.....   😄

43 minutes ago, Little said:

Are we ever going to get more than 5 minutes of Yolanda’s story?

There ISN'T more than 5 minutes of story.  Yolanda meets Williams online.  Yolanda and "Williams" sext back and forth and Yolanda sends nude pics.  Yolanda wants to meet Williams.  Williams says send money, Yolanda says no, we will come to you.  End of relationship.  Exit Williams stage left.  Enter Nigerian scammer.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

In un-Yabba Dabba Don't (aka Ed) discussion, there is something about Geoffrey that reminds me of Jim-Boob Duggar. I swear if he shaved and changed his hair, they could pass for siblings.

Or maybe it's the total douchebaggery. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Spike said:

He probably developed a leg fetish taking all those cheesecake photos taped to the fapping wall in his bedroom.  Probably likes a woman to wear heels to bed as well.

Also known as Ed’s “spank bank”. 🤮

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Stephanie, Youtube.....

Holy shit, whatever sexuality she is, whatever she isn't.  She's fucking annoying.  

Gee, ...

Spoiler

you skipped over her "How I got rich selling my nudes" yt video.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No you aren’t dumb! But being in a same sex relationship doesn’t make someone gay if they aren’t gay (if they are bisexual for example) it just means they are in a same sex relationship (even if that relationship is their life long committed partnership like a marriage).

Someone’s relationship doesn’t change their sexual orientation. Plenty of gay people were forced into (Or chose for a variety of reasons) heterosexual relationships throughout history- that didn’t make them heterosexual. 

I don’t think Stephanie is into Erica, but she could very well be just as into women as she always was but Erica doesn’t do it for her. I am heterosexual but people often don’t think so because I don’t fawn over every man I see (well unless he has muscles, then I’m a weak puppy- like I think Ash is really hot). Lol. 

Straight person bringing the knowledge! You nailed it, everything from the Kinsey scale to (admittedly, how can we know?) the probable reality of Stephanie's lack of attraction. I'm bi and married to a lesbian, and I constantly get referred to as a lesbian, even from close friends. My marriage is a gay marriage, but I am bi. Had I married a man, I'd have been...still bi. 

My only issue with the word is it implies there are only two genders, and personally I'm attracted to NB and trans people as well, but I'm having so much trouble getting people to understand the existence of bisexuals that I don't even bother mentioning pan. 

I could understand not being into Erica--I think she's pretty and I'd have a blast hanging out with her--but the over-the-top colorful aesthetic and cartoonish dressing is not everyone's cup of tea. But Stephanie knew what she looked like before they met, so all I can think is the chemistry is off. I have a firm policy of taking one's self-described sexuality at what they say it is, so it's not for me to say if she's faking it, but given her typical attention-grabbing lifestyle and over-the-top, in-your-face sexual persona online, well...if it turned out to all be some grand experiment, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

-but the over-the-top colorful aesthetic and cartoonish dressing is not everyone's cup of tea

Yeah it’s borderline childlike, which is a major turnoff.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Straight person bringing the knowledge! You nailed it, everything from the Kinsey scale to (admittedly, how can we know?) the probable reality of Stephanie's lack of attraction. I'm bi and married to a lesbian, and I constantly get referred to as a lesbian, even from close friends. My marriage is a gay marriage, but I am bi. Had I married a man, I'd have been...still bi. 

My only issue with the word is it implies there are only two genders, and personally I'm attracted to NB and trans people as well, but I'm having so much trouble getting people to understand the existence of bisexuals that I don't even bother mentioning pan. 

I could understand not being into Erica--I think she's pretty and I'd have a blast hanging out with her--but the over-the-top colorful aesthetic and cartoonish dressing is not everyone's cup of tea. But Stephanie knew what she looked like before they met, so all I can think is the chemistry is off. I have a firm policy of taking one's self-described sexuality at what they say it is, so it's not for me to say if she's faking it, but given her typical attention-grabbing lifestyle and over-the-top, in-your-face sexual persona online, well...if it turned out to all be some grand experiment, it wouldn't surprise me.

Awww thanks. Yes plenty of people are pan sexual and attracted to NB and gender non conforming people, I wasn’t trying to erase that I was just focusing on Stephanie who identified as bisexual.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Awww thanks. Yes plenty of people are pan sexual and attracted to NB and gender non conforming people, I wasn’t trying to erase that I was just focusing on Stephanie who identified as bisexual.  

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were! I was sort of navel-gazing about whether I should be identifying myself in that way, which is neither here nor there, really.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Meowwww said:

My mom died in July.  She was in hospice, at home...but died within 8 hours of being home.  Her hospice nurse was amazing. As were the hospice techs who brought her home.  
I can’t imagine the end of life process with a loved one, and someone like BGL showing up. I would punch them.  

My Mom is on hospice care right now, and I'm with you on this Meowwww. I can't meet the hospice nurse and aides in person under our current pandemic circumstances, but if I could and it was someone like BGL or Grangela I would be absolutely horrified! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah, queen Helene's protein treatment is like $5.00 for a jar and has a pleasant scent.  Unless you're a real naturalista why straight up mayo?  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spike said:

I use coconut oil pretty heavily in my soaps and it doesn't smell like anything.  I feel like I've smelled an actual coconut and it didn't smell like fake coconut.  Weird.  I thought we said the Mayo was to help his hair color does it seal in the just for men?

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

" DO YOU LIKE LIVING IN ABJECT POVERTY FREDDIE?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Hi snarkers! I'm new here and since I jumped into the deep end with my first post (replying to @Meowwww) I'll go whole hog with my first actual post about the show!

First, Tom and Darcy because I was still mad at Tom from last week (he clearly was looking for a "You never loved me! LIAR!"-type reaction out of Darcy and not getting it stooped really low with the "Did you gain weight?" comment. Kudos to Darcy for keeping it together long enough to get out of there without giving him the satisfaction!) So after that he whines to his sister about how he needs closure?! At least he was self-aware enough to realize he really went too far, but what a jackhole. Darcy's better off without him. And speaking of Darcy, I know everyone seems to bash her, but I kind of feel sorry for her. Sure, she brings it on herself making every relationship into the fairytale and every man into Prince Charming, but still, no one deserves the crap Tom pulled. I agree with those of you who think she needs rehab and counseling. I think there's really something decent underneath the fake stuff that could come out if she, well, worked on herself, babe!

Ed and Rosemarie - I was hysterical practically the whole time. When the electricity went off and the fan stopped, I knew immediately he'd be in bad shape come morning. Oh, and about that atopic dermatitis thing? I have that (aka excema). It can be horrible and very uncomfortable especially when it's hot and humid, so I sort of felt for him. But at no time has a doctor seeing me for the excema ever prescribed a massive thread count sheet. I'm calling bs on that! The shower scene was hilarious (did anyone else wonder if he was going to whip out the mayo afterwards?)  but when that rat came out at the end? Oh hell no! I would have been out of there faster than Darcy's tears start! And what a genius - looks around Rosemarie's house and wonders whether she just sees him as a way out. Her barely disguised revulsion when he was massaging her feet back at the hotel wasn't enough of a clue, Big Ed????

David and "Lana" - DId anyone else think it was funny that the crew just stood there filming him and never offered to help change the flat tire? (Of course they have eventually done that,,,but it sure looked like they were letting him do it all himself!) Does anyone else think Candy Store Girl either A) is Lana or B) actually knows her and let her know David was in town the minute he left the store? I find the timing of her message (after days of silence after standing him up at the train station) quite coincidental! And can I just say that his euphoria after getting that message was disturbing? That message was so self-serving: Hey, still wanna meet so we can take a photo and apply for a VISA so I can come to your country, marry you, then divorce you after getting a green card? So romantic!

Geoffrey and Varya - Really? We had to go back to the "There's something that I haven't told X that might destroy our relationship!" trope? And I like how he didn't tell her the WHOLE truth (nudge nudge wink wink). Although I do wonder if the most recent legal issue came up AFTER filming? (NOTE to Administrator: Apologies if that should have been in a Spoiler tag. Can't see how to do that!) Seriously, I do believe in giving second chances but frankly he seems to have a pattern and Varya would be way better off without him. And can do way better IMHO.

Usman and BGL - OMG the goat was hilarious, as was Usman's reaction to the question about goats being pets! Such a first-world question, right? Was anyone else hoping Mother Usman would take the goat, slaughter it immediately and serve BGL the head on a platter a la Mother Azan? That would have been comedy gold! And wow, Mother Usman just walking out on them - so deliciously cold! I loved it! But BGL berating him afterward about not practicing enough. Really lady? You thought a Muslim Nigerian mother would happily accept an older, white American woman as a daughter-in-law? Narcissitic much?

Yolanda and "Williams" - okay, I know they weren't in the episode but I have to share this with you: I read a story on Facebook about an English woman who was catfished by an Englishman who used photos of a hot Turkish dude on his profile. Long story short she kept asking to meet, and after several excuses got suspicious and started looking into things, whereupon she discovered the true identity of the man in the photos and eventually confronted her catfisher. As a courtesy she contacted the guy in the photos to let him know his photos was being used for nefarious purposes, and they started talking via email, etc, You guessed it, the Englishwoman and the hot guy whose photos her catfisher used are now a couple! So who knows, maybe that's where Yolanda's story is going!

I'll leave you on that thought!

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I feel like I've smelled an actual coconut and it didn't smell like fake coconut. 

Like watermelon candy doesn’t taste or smell like watermelon.

7 minutes ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

stooped really low with the "Did you gain weight?" comment

At least it was true.  Imagine if he had said it if she hadn’t gained weight and how that would mindfuck her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spike said:
19 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I feel like I've smelled an actual coconut and it didn't smell like fake coconut. 

Like watermelon candy doesn’t taste or smell like watermelon.

And banana candy/flavoring tastes nothing like real bananas.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LadyoftheLake23 said:

think there's really something decent underneath the fake stuff that could come out if she, well, worked on herself, babe!

Jesse the accidental genius!

1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with dumb hetero!  I do appreciate it.

• Love 3

So, when Ed first met Rose he hounded her about taking a STI test and/or telling him about all of her past relationships.  This episode he tells Rose and her father that he wants to take her on a vacation (because he's respectful don't ya know, he asked her father for permission).  Unless he does propose to Rose and completes the paperwork to bring her to the U.S., he has damaged her reputation which he was oh so concerned about when it might directly affect him.  No thought for anyone other that himself.

• Love 14

I don’t care that Darcy put on a little weight. The outfits she wears are embarrassing, she looks like a clown. In all the years she’s been on this show I’ve never once seen her have a normal conversation with anybody. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 15

So I went to Big Egg’s fb page to scrounge for his details.  On FB, his info shows that he is not originally from San Diego but on one of his web sites, right at the onset of his About section, it says he is a “26 year native of San Diego”.  What does that mean, we now have a new definition of native?  Fb page also says he went to a high school that I think is in Arkansas?  I’m annoyed with his claim to be a native.  Plus his go-to pose for his models is squatting down, legs splayed, camera at crotch level.  These are not even the hand selected shots that the show producers chose to use. This is consistent across his promo presence online.  Douchebag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Big Egg is just so entitled. When he said to Rose's dad "I didn't get much sleep because I was hot, so I want to take Rose on vacation". She didn't translate to her dad his comment "I was hot" . That really pissed me off. Boo hoo Ed you're hot. That was the first night in your life you ever spent without air conditioning, you poor thing! I feel really sorry for you.

Big Egg made a hilarious desperate groan when he realized no electricity meant no fan. And why was the fan blowing on Rose's side?

12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Ah, for some reason I thought she lived in Moscow!  You're probably right.  Geoffrey is probably a lot better looking than most of the American men looking for a Russian.  Most of them probably are Dave/Ed-ish.

I actually think Geoffrey is an ugly man. His jaw juts out on each side and his hair style is childish. jmo 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

He also said he isn’t playing games and I wasn’t sure whether he was implying that Rose was.

OMG, he was acting so creepy back at his home studio when he was shown photographing the young pretty women. "Ooo, that's right, look this way, ooo nice..." Again, playacting what, his pornography collection? Then let's be even weirder, so cover the walls of his home in glossy 8x10s of random, unimportant women. For what? To pretend you're popular? That those women are available to you? @Spike, I just realized you spoke of this "fapping" wall, lol. I will look up this word; is it slang?

I totally agree with all the posters who've commented that Rose did not play her cards smart, giving it up too damn soon. Yes, he'll make up a phony excuse to change the marriage plan. It'll probably be because he'll be responsible for Rose, Prince, Father and Sister, at least. I'm so grateful for being an American. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Big Egg made a hilarious desperate groan when he realized no electricity meant no fan. And why was the fan blowing on Rose's side?

They showed the one power outlet crammed full of plugs on Rose's side of the wall.  The cord to the fan will only stretch so far.  Ed should have laid down on the side of the bed closest to the fan... but that would have given him one less thing to whine about, and he seems to like to do that.

I doubt that Ed is traveling with mayo. He likely brought a small bottle of something that doesn’t irritate his sensitive skin. It seem that a short cut would have served him better in that heat.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Little said:

Have any of you seen Ed’s pictures from 1988 I believe? How is that the same person?!

Well in all fairness I could post a pic of me from 1988 (I was 23) and yeah, if I may say so....I was a hottie, lol.  But aren't we all at 23?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5