Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

I, a grown woman with a life, a profession, a family, and everything to live for, am watching an idiot change a tire on TV. WHY???

I kept waiting for him to say "Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

MWAH. I wouldn't think of not spending my Sunday night with you! You are my peeps, and I am your Pepper. 

Oh yes. All cultural stereotypes must be observed. Remember when Darcy was in Amsterdam? All Jesse's talking heads took place in a studio crammed with windmills, wooden shoes, tulips, cheese, and Heineken beer. 

The TLC producers and editors have a handy copy of Cultural Cliches for Idiots always at the ready when they work on this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Snakes??

I was there for six months during the rainy season. Stayed in numerous places around the country. Saw lots of poverty but did stay in safe, dry places comparable to cheap motels in the US. There were snakes everywhere which I’m terrified of. 
Again, I don’t think most Americans are able to understand the scope of poverty. For example, cigarettes are sold individually because most people cannot afford to buy a pack. Shampoo is sold in  small containers for one use (smaller than travel size). Kids are seen everywhere barefoot, primary education is not totally free so many can’t afford to send children to school.  Since the US Military left a couple of decades ago things have gotten worse. 
of course, there are wealthy people.  It’s just that there are no social services , food stamps, Welfare, medical care,etc. no safety net.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one wants to witness Darcey's sobbing, and crying, and wailing, and meltdowns on the commuter train.

Um, I do

Me too!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ash: I’m still working on it.

Me: Guess the divorce isn’t exactly finalized yet?

So his ex said “over my dead body, will you take my son to America” ?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Tom really enjoys posing for the camera...oh look, here’s his equally famewhorish sister. 

I’m not sure why Tom &Darcy are on this season. All they have done is have an argument.  I think their scenes were all shot on the same weekend.  

Someone must have dropped out.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Tom trying to act like he's too classy and that insulting Darcy was out of character for him. Meanwhile his sister has the accent of a fishwife so I am not buying Tom being posh.

Agreed. Not for a second did I believe that’s his real accent. He’s such a wanker. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Tom really enjoys posing for the camera...oh look, here’s his equally famewhorish sister. 

I was waiting for him to go his favorite angle and go Blue Steel. He's so posh!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6