Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

How does he have a friend called Igor?

Either a...met through his Russian friend back home or b... Russian mafia connection.   IMO

• Love 2

privyet 
As-salam alaykom
Guten Tag

I’ve been binge watching Homeland and I am learning Russian, Arabic and German.  Perhaps when this is all over I may make a career change.  I’ll move to Virgina and try to join the CIA.  

For today, hello peeps and best wishes.  I’m glad to be here.  I think I’m losing it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

IWASISH, I offer you my deepest sympathies. My husband passed away six years ago today. April is indeed the cruelest month.

But we are here tonight, to be snarky with our amis!

The "old goat" jokes just write themselves.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Khrushchyovkas. They were really. huge step up for lives after the war. The USSR was in such a bad place in the mid-late 20th century because they were the hardest hit in WW2. 

Ive watched a few Russian TV shows on Amazon that show what life was like in some of them

Check out "Fartsa" on Netflix. I'm a bit of a Russia nerd, esp. Soviet era. Its wonderful. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

privyet 
As-salam alaykom
Guten Tag

I’ve been binge watching Homeland and I am learning Russian, Arabic and German.  Perhaps when this is all over I may make a career change.  I’ll move to Virgina and try to join the CIA.  

For today, hello peeps and best wishes.  I’m glad to be here.  I think I’m losing it.

I’ve been consuming spy shows as well, Deep State on Epix and The Bureau on Prime.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

privyet 
As-salam alaykom
Guten Tag

Forget about the CIA. You can translate letters from these online idiots back and forth and MAKE A KILLING.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Check out "Fartsa" on Netflix. I'm a bit of a Russia nerd, esp. Soviet era. Its wonderful. 

I started it and need to go back too it. I have a history degree and a lot of my focus was on the Warsaw Pact countries

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

privyet 
As-salam alaykom
Guten Tag

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I watched "Unorthodox" and brushed up on my Yiddish! TV is so educational.

Either of you old enough to remember Shogun?   In both the book and miniseries, the Japanese was translated only once.  You had to learn some, or you’d have a challenge following along.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

I started it and need to go back too it. I have a history degree and a lot of my focus was on the Warsaw Pact countries

I absolutely loved it. Its nice to see a Soviet era that has life and color and young people. We in the US were brought up to see it grey, with bread lines and grim, unsmiling people. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I watched "Unorthodox" and brushed up on my Yiddish! TV is so educational.

I loved that series! Check out My Brilliant Friend if you have HBO. It's Italian subtitled.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Either of you old enough to remember Shogun?   In both the book and miniseries, the Japanese was translated only once.  You had to learn some, or you’d have a challenge following along.  

I adored Shogun. I read the book too. It was on TV again several years ago and I watched it again. A tour de force. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I absolutely loved it. Its nice to see a Soviet era that has life and color and young people. We in the US were brought up to see it grey, with bread lines and grim, unsmiling people. 

You might check out the Red Queen, Russian Beauty and Ancestral Land on Amazon Prime

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have been a Russian history nerd for awhile, then my daughter is from the heart of Siberia and we made two trips there so I got to experience it. Will have to check out that show.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, hisbunkie said:

Just started the series. Love the informational aspect..  

I thought Esty was really weird and creepy and I didn't like her at all! It was informative

Just now, blubld43 said:

He is SO full of shit re the sheets.

"Atopic dermatitis". So he has eczema? Get some cortisone cream and shut the fuck up you hypochondriac. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13