Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was there even a green vegetable on that table, what was in the giant bowl, it looked like potato salad, (they had mashed potatoes so I am hopping it is not potato salad).  

What was Natalie eating, besides the borscht?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

No carrots, broccoli, other veggies.

I think I saw something vaguely green. I thought it was boiled broccoli, which is awful, should have roasted it.

• Love 5

I thought a traditional American thanksgiving had, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, cranberry sauce and rolls.

I like to make either a broccoli or green bean casserole as well.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

And starring Rip Torn as the roommate!

I kept thinking he reminded me of someone.  The corn starch slurry was in what looked like a domino’s pizza plastic cup.  It’s a special item and Trish wouldn’t want to have to throw it away!

Natalie was laughing like an idiot.  When Trish said are you yanking my chain, I thought Trish has been doing it to Natalie for days, why not.  That looked like a very depressing holiday all around.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Boston said:

Is anyone in the northeast (i'm in Massachusetts).. and I sweating mayonaise.)

I’m in Central MA. A few years ago I invested in a split air conditioner/ heat pump. Best investment I ever made. Haven’t left the house in a couple of days because of the heat.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 5

Lazy-eyed Jenn isn't even in the family business.  Maybe that's why her husband's not on this boatride.

I guess Andrrrrei didn't mind a nanny watching Blocky-Head Eleanor while their on this boatride from hell.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

It would be nice to hear a conversation without all the beeps.  horrible people (I can swear with the best of them, but really, with your FAMILY?)  F-CHUCK, ANDREI AND CHARLIE.. lol

• Love 6

My family always had jello salad at Thanksgiving and when we went to my boyfriend's parents for Thanksgiving my mom brought her jello salad and nobody touched it. I thought everybody ate that at holidays but it must be a Dutch/midwest thing. My mom makes a jello salad with a whipped cream topping that is delicious but maybe I am the weird one. LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Boston said:

Is anyone in the northeast (i'm in Massachusetts).. and Im  sweating mayonaise.)

NY-  it went to like, 93 today. Been under the AC all day. It's going to be a long summer....

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m in Central MA. A few years ago I invested in a split air conditioner/ heat pump. Best investment I ever made. Have left the house in a couple of days because of the heat.

I'm in DC and yes sweating buckets today. 

Also, we have cicadas. Ewww. 

Edited by tvrox
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I'm going to pretend Simon Le Bon is on the bow singing "Rio" while this family is fighting.

I just love that video! 

Edited by Hotel Snarker
To show actual video for Duran Duran's Rio
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

My family always had jello salad at Thanksgiving and when we went to my boyfriend's parents for Thanksgiving my mom brought her jello salad and nobody touched it. I thought everybody ate that at holidays but it must be a Dutch/midwest thing. My mom makes a jello salad with a whipped cream topping that is delicious but maybe I am the weird one. LOL

That has never been on our table but my (now) ex mother in law used to make a garden salad and submerge it in lime jello, I could never figure that out, it was easier to just divorce my then husband than try to unravel that mystery salad.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2