Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Guys, my "heart daughter" (from Moldova)  came by today for a flying visit and she brought me two of her dad's artworks! One I bought, but one he gave me! 

He gave me this watercolor of storks at a lakeside, and did a custom watercolor of poppies similar to this. They are so beautiful!

storks.png

poppies.jpg

Very nice and beautiful artwork!

3 minutes ago, Trackdawg said:

Hello Mah babyloves,

First, let me offer sincere thanks to all of y'all for the thoughts, prayers, many many words of condolences. We were finally able to have my mother's memorial/funeral service last Sunday, so I am back. I know I am one of those who over-share here, but it's so nice to have a huge family of people (whom I've never met), so I'll just keep on 😁:

MotherTrackdawg (AKA ”TrackMama”  🤣) was kind of a celebrity in Vietnam. She had starred in a few films and was also an acclaimed mezzo-soprano. Never achieving much success in Hollywood, she later opened the first Vietnamese restaurant in the US. In the 70s and early 80s, she ran a clothes manufacturing business, helping to support the family while my dad went to law school. Later, she received a Diplôme de Pâtisserie at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.

And later still, she was licensed in cosmetology and, with my aunt, opened a salon in Calabasas. She did all of this while raising two boys. Truly a Renaissance Woman, if there ever was one.

So, to slightly touch topic, she was a straight-out diva when she wanted to be and she would put any of these triflin' 90-Day wanna-be model-actresses to shame !

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This was the only clip I could find of any movies she was in...and yes, I made a GIF of my mother !

186476157_910041939778504_1588512645602990918_n.jpeg

117727963_1649246281907849_3582976168387062690_n.jpeg

B&W Newsprint.jpg

Calendar Girl.jpg

Saigon (LSM, March 1956)_EDITED_SMALLER.jpg

Moms NC Bac Thong.jpeg

Me and Moms 70s copy.jpg

HI RR (cropped)_SM.jpg

Wow! She looks so pretty!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

She's not angry, is she? J/K. Those are gorgeous. 

She got a kick out of the moniker of our @Angry Moldovan

I've mentioned her dad's art before so I wanted to share. 

@Trackdawg thanks for sharing those fab pics and wonderful tribute to your mother! She was a lovely lady who lived a remarkable life. I'm sure she will be sorely missed by many. Hugs to you and your family. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Hello everyone.....been absent past Sundays due to work (schedule changes)   but I am here today  and ready for snark time......I have missed you all but have read your comments............

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Trackdawg thanks for sharing those fab pics and wonderful tribute to your mother! She was a lovely lady who lived a remarkable life. I'm sure she will be sorely missed by many. Hugs to you and your family. 

giphy.gif

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Howdy! How are all you hookers lookers cookers doing tonight?

Smile when you say that @Gobi

Oh, and greetings my snarky darlings! Its great to be with you all.

Tomorrow I am taking the day off to go help my poor overwhelmed son clean his apartment. Yes, I am the BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Hello! Last week I told you guys that I had an interview at a local winery. I got hired as an assistant in the tasting room! I start on July 7. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Well done! Yet another snarker makes good! Mazel tov.

• Love 6

Hello! Last week I told you guys that I had an interview at a local winery. I got hired as an assistant in the tasting room! I start on July 7. Thanks for all the good wishes!

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Huge congrats!  That's fantastic!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Good evening all. I’ve missed the last two weeks I assume not much has changed. 

Like a soap. You can tune in 6 months later and not be too far behind.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Trackdawg said:

Hello Mah babyloves,

First, let me offer sincere thanks to all of y'all for the thoughts, prayers, many many words of condolences. We were finally able to have my mother's memorial/funeral service last Sunday, so I am back. I know I am one of those who over-share here, but it's so nice to have a huge family of people (whom I've never met), so I'll just keep on 😁:

MotherTrackdawg (AKA ”TrackMama”  🤣) was kind of a celebrity in Vietnam. She had starred in a few films and was also an acclaimed mezzo-soprano. Never achieving much success in Hollywood, she later opened the first Vietnamese restaurant in the US. In the 70s and early 80s, she ran a clothes manufacturing business, helping to support the family while my dad went to law school. Later, she received a Diplôme de Pâtisserie at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris.

And later still, she was licensed in cosmetology and, with my aunt, opened a salon in Calabasas. She did all of this while raising two boys. Truly a Renaissance Woman, if there ever was one.

So, to slightly touch topic, she was a straight-out diva when she wanted to be and she would put any of these triflin' 90-Day wanna-be model-actresses to shame !

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This was the only clip I could find of any movies she was in...and yes, I made a GIF of my mother !

186476157_910041939778504_1588512645602990918_n.jpeg

117727963_1649246281907849_3582976168387062690_n.jpeg

B&W Newsprint.jpg

Calendar Girl.jpg

Saigon (LSM, March 1956)_EDITED_SMALLER.jpg

Moms NC Bac Thong.jpeg

Me and Moms 70s copy.jpg

HI RR (cropped)_SM.jpg

Your mother sounds like an amazing woman and gosh was she beautiful. My sincere condolences. What an amazing accomplished life.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6