Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Megan's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Snarkastikate said:

Gaaaaaack she just stripped down in front of the cameraman like it was nothing!   Holy moly

She's trying to meet a rich Texan, I don't think she realizes how little the camera guys make.  

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I saw Neil Diamond in Minneapolis in 1970.

Have you seen his video for the virus? “Hands, washing hands/Don’t touch me, I won’t touch you," Sweet Caroline, Bom, Bom, Bom

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
Just now, babyhouseman said:

Have you seen his video for the virus? “Hands, washing hands/Don’t touch me, I won’t touch you," Sweet Caroline, Bom, Bom, Bom

I've got to look it up.  He was such a sexy guy in his early days!

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

My worst one was a computer programming class I took my senior year, taught by a math prof.  I suddenly found myself confronted with trigonometry which I had last encountered four years earlier.  I had to drop it.

I took an information economics class in my masters program. Professor looks at the class and smiles and says, "Don't worry. I'm only going to the first derivative in calculus."  Wha?  I'm an English/history major. 

It was an interesting experience. Half of the course was math/econ the other half was info econ and business planning (this was early online shopping days and everyone was talking about e-commerce). The math kids did the math fine, but faltered at the business part. The business folks like me struggled thru the math in study groups, and did well in the business. We finished the course while most of the math kids didn't. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And some of my coworkers think I'm old when I say my first concert was Billy Idol's Rebel Yell tour.

My first concert was Elton John at the Hollywood Bowl, 1973. Goodby Yellow Brick Road. With my first bf too.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 6
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I've got to look it up.  He was such a sexy guy in his early days!

I was a bit startled at how much he's aged, but it happens to the best of us.

• Love 1

Well.. it's 9:50 and she hasn't even had surgery yet.. Another dud of an episode on a long list of many this season.. Feel like there have only been about 2 success stories this season.

BTW I'm pretty jealous of all of the great concert you all have been to. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I checked the listing for next week's show. It's someone named Ashley T who sounds like a good train wreck:

There is always hope for another Shenee or Maja!

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Megan: "...for this surgery that I worked so hard for."
Me: "Biiiiitch. I've sat through the last hour and 48 minutes. I worked harder cracking on your ass than you did losing your ass."

OMG! Tears, I'm laughing so hard!  Thank you!  I needed that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's trying to meet a rich Texan, I don't think she realizes how little the camera guys make.  

Maybe Dr. Now's producer son is in the room.

3 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

A few extra lines for Cassandra!!!  Hope that means a bigger check for the rerun!!!

When she first came in, I thought she was going to tell them to get the hell out.

• LOL 7
(edited)

I saw New Edition in the 7th grade.  Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit.

Best concert eva?  Prince...hands down!

Edited by umgoblue
Because it's Prince...goes without saying.
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Squee Bastard said:

My first concert was styx's Grand Illusion tour the summer of 1978. I saw them at Merriweather Post Pavilion.

That's where I saw the Carpenters! 

(edited)
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I saw The Smiths in 1985. I still can't believe I saw them live.

Lucky!!! The one band I never saw. I've managed to see my favorites. 

Edited by libgirl2
Just now, umgoblue said:

I saw New Edition in the 7th grade.

Best concert eva?  Prince...hands down!

True story.  I saw Prince when he was the opening act for Rick James!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe Dr. Now's producer son is in the room.

I think Dr. Now's son would run like hell if he saw Megan coming, and I think the son is married.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Gotta take off those flip flops to make sure youre lighter. Everyone knows foam flip flops add ten pounds.

They're made from mattress foam.  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I always had a thing for Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull

I actually met Anderson!  I saw Tull several times in Detroit while I was going to UM. When I was back in DC, they were supposed to play at U Maryland. When we got to the venue, the show was cancelled. I told my companion that I heard that the Stones stayed at the Holiday Inn, if it was good enough for the Stones, it was good enough for Tull.

So we went to the nearest HI and there they were, in the parking lot! I got to meet all of them. Turns out they were there, but the equipment truck had broken down on the highway, so no show. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Amazing! And I'm sure that was when Madonna cared about her fans enough to start when scheduled.

I would have been fine with them doing the whole show. They were great. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Amy Mann early in her career with her first band, was really good. Hall and Oats were the big draw. I was the odd person who didn't sneer at the opener.

Was that at the Garden?  I know Aimee Mann was from Boston, right?  I'm trying to figure out if I saw her!  Ha ha!  I definitely would not have been cool enough to realize it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Lucky!!! The one band I never saw. I've managed to see my favorites. 

My biggest concert regret was not seeing The Elements (Earth, Wind and Fire) before Maurice stopped performing (Parkinson's).  Now I was way too young and can't remedy that one, though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

True story.  I saw Prince when he was the opening act for Rick James!  

Arsenio Hall said he looked like Rick James without the wig, and that's all I think when I hear of him. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I actually met Anderson!  I saw Tull several times in Detroit while I was going to UM. When I was back in DC, they were supposed to play at U Maryland. When we got to the venue, the show was cancelled. I told my companion that I heard that the Stones stayed at the Holiday Inn, if it was good enough for the Stones, it was good enough for Tull.

So we went to the nearest HI and there they were, in the parking lot! I got to meet all of them. Turns out they were there, but the equipment truck had broken down on the highway, so no show. 

I am so jealous!!!! 

• Love 2