Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: An Awkward Valentine's Day

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Thanks for your recap! 🥇 It’s gold as always! 

This paragraph right here summarises everything. I’m a longtime avid watcher of trashy reality shows and also numbed my brain on Flavor of Love (and even Rock of Love) once and I’m still scratching my brain as to why I suffer through these episodes, where not an ounce of real drama occurs?

It’s all walls up, passive aggressive loaded comments and secret death stares. I like to see them all be honest and duke it out properly on camera.

The best episodes are the ones, where the wives keep-sweet veneer comes off and they have a proper rage at each other -  like Meri having an adult tantrum at Mariah’s graduation, or Meri slamming doors and raging about not being able to take king Solomon to Utah, or Meri and her wet bar/big house rental insistence when Janelle thought she wasn’t being financially responsible, or Meri wanting to be in her big house for Christmas or Meri feeling left out of Axel’s birth...so there’s a common denominator here for drama. 

While I dislike Meri,  I need her on this show (and so do they), because I (and others) like to hate watch and her septic out-spoken personality is often the only one that brings some interest to this yawn-fest IMO. Fingers crossed she opens her mouth, gets angry and brings some good old fashioned Meri tantrums to this season soon 🤞🏼 

Perfectly said. I watch for the cracks. For the true “reality” that oozes out while they put on their fake reality, how they all love each other and work at not being jealous because that’s for the lowly monogamous, how they “shoulda been together from day one”, thanks Robyn. I’ll never forget her slurping up that soup while Meri hints heavily at leaving these sad sacks for her rich, young, “hotter-than-Kody”, vegan boyfriend. Robyn couldn’t wait for her to get going, or maybe Robyn already knew at that time that she was being catfished, in any case, THAT’S the stuff I watch for...

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

"I watch for the cracks. For the true “reality” that oozes out while I’ll never forget her slurping up that soup while Meri hints heavily at leaving these sad sacks for her rich, young, “hotter-than-Kody”, vegan boyfriend. Robyn couldn’t wait for her to get going, or maybe Robyn already knew at that time that she was being catfished, in any case, THAT’S the stuff I watch for..."

LOL, cracks indeed.  I will never stop believing that not only did Robyn know about it, but she also had a hand in it all going down.  If Meri was reading the forums back then she should've paid attention to what many of us wrote over and again - Robyn cannot be trusted. 😒

• Love 10

I can understand Christine getting to parent just her own children once they moved to Las Vegas and realizing how rewarding that was. One thing I have to admit about this family is that their kids generally seem loving and happy. They did not produce a bunch of jerks. They seem to love and value each other and have close relationships. Based on their parenting model back in Utah, I would credit Christine with being the primary parent who cultivated this and is responsible for the good aspects of all the older kids. Then they moved to Las Vegas, and she got to focus all that good parenting on just her biological kids and found that she could do an even better job at that plus still have time to work on herself, figure out who she is as a person, lose weight, etc. I completely see why she would be desperate not to lose that again. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Many factors have changed.  Christine's children are 24, 23, 21, 18, 16 and 9.  Most teenagers are pretty self-reliant and busy with school and sports and friends and hobbies - they don't need a hovering parent.  That leaves ONE child - who is 9 years old.  By the time this one house is built the 16 year old would likely be in college or out of the nest.  That leaves one child who would be a preteen.   The only young children left in the household are Robyn's two - who are 8 and 4.  Three kids is not a big "dill" in the grand scheme of things.  This is nothing like when they were starting out in Lehi.  There is no reason in the world that Christine couldn't focus on her weight loss and mental health and Fritos and LulaRoe anything else her heart desires. Living under one roof wouldn't change any of that.

My GUESS (and only a thought I'm tossing out there)... is that the reason Christine doesn't want one house is that she doesn't want to be expected to raise Robyn's needy children and any last baby that MIGHT (but doubtful) arrive - nor does she want to clean up after Robyn and cook meals for her, etc. etc.  Basically she would be Robyn's maid/nanny/chef and anything else Robyn wanted her to be.  With Kody's blessing, of course.

This could be a winner, it's the simplest explanation. In one house, the convenience of passing something off (like childcare) to anther wife is right there. When they are separate, it's not as easy. 

If they do ever wind up in this one house, Christine better make sure she has outside commitments so she doesn't get trapped into doing it. "Sorry guys, spa appointment/skiingk/gym/hikingk the grand canyon/etc. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Many factors have changed.  Christine's children are 24, 23, 21, 18, 16 and 9.  Most teenagers are pretty self-reliant and busy with school and sports and friends and hobbies - they don't need a hovering parent.  That leaves ONE child - who is 9 years old.  By the time this one house is built the 16 year old would likely be in college or out of the nest.  That leaves one child who would be a preteen.   The only young children left in the household are Robyn's two - who are 8 and 4.  Three kids is not a big "dill" in the grand scheme of things.  This is nothing like when they were starting out in Lehi.  There is no reason in the world that Christine couldn't focus on her weight loss and mental health and Fritos and LulaRoe anything else her heart desires. Living under one roof wouldn't change any of that.

My GUESS (and only a thought I'm tossing out there)... is that the reason Christine doesn't want one house is that she doesn't want to be expected to raise Robyn's needy children and any last baby that MIGHT (but doubtful) arrive - nor does she want to clean up after Robyn and cook meals for her, etc. etc.  Basically she would be Robyn's maid/nanny/chef and anything else Robyn wanted her to be.  With Kody's blessing, of course.

The last paragraph would be my idea of Hell on Earth.  Stick to your guns Christine!

It's a storyline, the one-house dill, but I wouldn't trust Sponge Robyn Square Head as far as I could throw her shame-on-her rotten ass.

ETA:  Even Robyn's one-time BFF Meri said she wouldn't babysit the other kids for them.  "I'm just NOT," said Meri.  One happy family, what a lie.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add a comment
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This could be a winner, it's the simplest explanation. In one house, the convenience of passing something off (like childcare) to anther wife is right there. When they are separate, it's not as easy. 

If they do ever wind up in this one house, Christine better make sure she has outside commitments so she doesn't get trapped into doing it. "Sorry guys, spa appointment/skiingk/gym/hikingk the grand canyon/toe nails need gold plated/dog needs his butt wiped/singingk/Frito run at 7-11/basket weaving class/cleaning up prairie dog poop from the property/browsing at the hardware store/visiting Meri for some quality girl time/running fingers over the soft LulaRoe fabrics/sampling the grapes at the grocery store/etc. 

Took liberties with Turtle's post.....

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

This is spot on. I couldn't really blame Meri for admitting a couple seasons ago that she didn't want to raise kids that weren't actually her own (even though it was an incredibly hypocritical statement since presumably they're "all these kids moms").

Christine spent a good number of years being the present mom/nursemaid to both her and Janelle's kids growing up, even homeschooling them. Mariah too. We saw it in the first seasons.  She's certainly not obligated to spend her golden years raising Robyn's kids so Robyn can sleep in till noon. Let Robyn get her lazy ass out of bed a few hours early.  I can't blame Christine for enjoying a bit of independence for a change. 

Besides we all know that house is never, ever, going to get built. Have they even drawn permits to get started with the utilities?  I think they bought it to use for a plot device as well as an investment, thinking that they can sell the raw land to developers at some point in the future when it has served its plot purpose. Of course, the Browns aren't exactly batting .1000 when it comes to real estate investing. Buy high, sell low!!

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 2/10/2020 at 6:21 AM, laurakaye said:

Janelle, who is clearly on board with this house only because she knows it’s never going to happen, is positively giddy about moving back under one roof with her ex-brother-in-law and his wife,

TECHNICALLY, it's Janelle's ex-sister-in-law (Meri) and her (Meri's) ex-husband and his current wife.

It's exhausting just trying to figure out this "fambly."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

TECHNICALLY, it's Janelle's ex-sister-in-law (Meri) and her (Meri's) ex-husband and his current wife.

It's exhausting just trying to figure out this "fambly."

Yes, I meant Kody and Robyn there (Janelle's ex-brother in law and his wife) but "wife" is a loose term in this fambly, and with all the cross-pollination, we need a flowchart to keep it all straight.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Well, it looks like Utah may be about to decriminalize polygamy. Since Kody was SOOOOO involved in activism for this cause, he must have been tracking this legislation. Why didn’t he wait to see how this played out before uprooting everyone to Arizona? Everyone seemed to want to return to Utah, but “scared.” 

disclaimer: I don’t think Robyn runs things. I blame Kody for all the chaos that erupts periodically. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, it looks like Utah may be about to decriminalize polygamy. Since Kody was SOOOOO involved in activism for this cause, he must have been tracking this legislation. Why didn’t he wait to see how this played out before uprooting everyone to Arizona? Everyone seemed to want to return to Utah, but “scared.” 

disclaimer: I don’t think Robyn runs things. I blame Kody for all the chaos that erupts periodically. 

If they had wanted to, they could have found new homes in Vegas.  Now Robyn says she is never moving again.. and what Robyn wants.. Robyn.. well.. you know.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

1000%!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

If they had wanted to, they could have found new homes in Vegas.  Now Robyn says she is never moving again.. and what Robyn wants.. Robyn.. well.. you know.

Maybe???Maybe not??? What is the best selling script....?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I’m a longtime avid watcher of trashy reality shows and also numbed my brain on Flavor of Love (and even Rock of Love)

One of the worst moments in all of reality show history is when Bret did not pick Heather, his obvious soulmate.  🙂

On topic - this reality show needs to BE  history, and not still airing.  It is so boring, I rarely make it thru a whole episode, I really need to remove from my DVR.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 2/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, DakotaJustice said:

How does one figure out a well? Is it always just a matter of digging in a random spot deep enough? Like Pa Ingalls in By the Shores of Silver Lake? 

You look at existing bedrock and surficial geology maps to get an idea what the depth to bedrock is, and state geologists should have data on other water wells in the area so they know what reservoir unit to target.  (Normal people would do this before buying the property). If the subsurface is highly variable, you hire a PGeo to do a ground-penetrating-radar study to select the best place to drill (it is cheaper than drilling multiple holes). Though we'll probably get an episode of Kootie as a DIY water witcher.

The Prairiedog Plague Pond Plunge episode, where everyone was thrilled by how the dry "pond" filled up indicates that the water table varies by at least 6'.  I'd be interested in the height of the water relative to their basement and parkade - they may need sump pumps and other expensive additions to keep Kody's Big House dry.

The water table height & its fluctuations will also affect the design of the septic system(s) needed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to build a house the size of Madison Square Garden when the vast majority of the kids will be gone by the time it's finished.  By the time it's actually ready to be lived in it'll just be the moms, their Dear Leader and Day'un.  I mean, realistically, how many days a year will the kids all actually come home for a holiday such that they would really use all that space?  It just doesn't make financial sense to incur such debt to accommodate a large crowd for Thanksgiving, Christmas and one or two other times a year.  And how the hell would they ever re-sell that property?  These people just don't think.  

Edited by luckykat
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, luckykat said:

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to build a house the size of Madison Square Garden when the vast majority of the kids will be gone by the time it's finished.  By the time it's actually ready to be lived in it'll just be the moms, their Dear Leader and Day'un.  I mean, realistically, how many days a year will the kids all actually come home for a holiday such that they would really use all that space?  It just doesn't make financial sense to incur such debt to accommodate a large crowd for Thanksgiving, Christmas and one or two other times a year.  And how the hell would they ever re-sell that property?  These people just don't think.  

Since Kody and Robyn purchased a house for $890,000 in Flagstaff - I think it's pretty clear that they decided against the one place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Since Kody and Robyn purchased a house for $890,000 in Flagstaff - I think it's pretty clear that they decided against the one place.

I have read a post by an AZ realtor said they paid a total of $1,200,000 for that house and the abutting lot.  That would be a decent size lot if it has a value of $310,000.  

Maybe they could throw up some yurts on the lot for Janelle, Christine and Meri, if they were strategically sited amidst the trees, they could have the privacy Christine needs.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have read a post by an AZ realtor said they paid a total of $1,200,000 for that house and the abutting lot.  That would be a decent size lot if it has a value of $310,000.  

Maybe they could throw up some yurts on the lot for Janelle, Christine and Meri, if they were strategically sited amidst the trees, they could have the privacy Christine needs.

I heard that the other wives asked Kody and Robyn if they would park small campers on the lot to live in, and Robyn said no - it would cost too much.  Instead they bought the wives large igloo dog houses.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

the house they purchased is very close, they can probably see the Coyote pass property from Robyn's house.  Maybe they are thinking of building on that acreage and selling the Coyote Pass land.  it has to be already set up with utilities and plumbing. 

• Useful 5
45 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

DIY water witcher. I’m dying! Oh, please let this happen before they reveal they scrapped their plans! I can just see him racing around with his stupid hair flying, then delivering his tedious mansplaining talking heads. 

Yes that is exactly how I pictured it.  Kody would spend twice as long blow-drying his ringlets to make sure they are extra fluffy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody's said many a time the dream is to move back to Utah... So pack up that U-Haul fambly, for the millionth time! 😂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Hardly any of the wives have young kids left, other than Robo.  
Crazy Days and Nights had a blind item about Kody looking for a new, barely legal age wife....

Meh...... Kody doesn't even enjoy the kids he has.  He isn't religious enough to care, and even if he was - he has enough.  His wives and kids are a source of stress, and Robyn has his testicles clutched so tightly they are almost black.  She would never allow another wife.    I don't think he really wants one.

• Love 11

Plus, going home to visit the peeps when it's somewhere you never lived ... nah. It's rarely satisfying and usually unsettling. The peeps are OK with it because it's where they now live but for those who are visiting... nah.

When we did that I thought we might as well have booked a hotel suite halfway between where everyone lived. Yawn. Bummer. Nope.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, suomi said:

Plus, going home to visit the peeps when it's somewhere you never lived ... nah. It's rarely satisfying and usually unsettling. The peeps are OK with it because it's where they now live but for those who are visiting... nah.

When we did that I thought we might as well have booked a hotel suite halfway between where everyone lived. Yawn. Bummer. Nope.

Then add on top of that lugging a ton of grandkids to see grandma(s) and grandpa who live in the middle of nowhere....yeah they aren't going to get many of the older kids to come visit once the show is over. 

The kids they have the best chance at keeping ain Flagstaff for the near future are the college age ones.  Dayton and Gabe go to NAU and live at home.  They haven't said where Gwen and Aurora are going to college next year but lets assume it is NAU and living at home too.  Then probably Ysabel, Breanna and Savannah will follow suit.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Oh my gosh YES!!  I mean.....who is this Bret and Heather you speak of?? 😎

Hands down, the stupidest part of this stupid gigantic house is that Kody thinks the house is going to draw his flock back to his turf, where they will graze and laugh and bask in the glory of their wonderful, loving dad.  The truth is - when you uproot kids over and over, give them zero time to process the move before they're throwing their stuffed animals into moving boxes, tell them the cops are after them, and give zero f**** about how they are going to adjust to a new place...chances are, those kids are not going to want to return to the family house du jour to sit and gaze adoringly at the knee of their father who did this to them.

All of this!  Kootie is certifiably nuts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I don't think the Brown family are polygamists anymore!  

They don't go to any church.  They don't like sister wives.  They are jealous of the time Kody spends with each other.  They prefer to live separately!

Isn't there a code or rules polygamists follow?  I would say this group have gone off the path of eternity they once believed in!

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think the Brown family are polygamists anymore!  

They don't go to any church.  They don't like sister wives.  They are jealous of the time Kody spends with each other.  They prefer to live separately!

Isn't there a code or rules polygamists follow?  I would say this group have gone off the path of eternity they once believed in!

There is Kody and his wife, Robyn.  There are two baby mamas that he probably rarely has relations with any more who live quite a ways from where he lives with Robyn.  And then there is Meri, who is nothing to him.  She's not a friend, not a wife, not really a baby mama... she is just a loose thread that is necessary for the TLC show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Isn't there a code or rules polygamists follow? 

It is actually a fascinating truth that there is no code or rules that ALL polygamists follow, save for the fact they all have a one husband/multiple wives basic philosophy.  Islam and Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints stand out as the most well known religious based polygamist believers, yet they vary on specific codes/rules.

There are quite a few different “Mormon” - based polygamists sects.  Wikipedia catalogues at least 12 that currently still exist.  The FLDS and the AUB being two of the most well known because of their media presence and publicity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_denominations_in_the_Latter_Day_Saint_movement#Mormon_fundamentalist

Edited by kicotan
Accuracies
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I saw that House Hunters caused a stir by featuring a throuple (2 women and 1 man). Lets not give Kody any ideas...

Love it or List It's Hillary Farr & David Visentin could have a field day snarking about Kootie & co.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh my gosh YES!!  I mean.....who is this Bret and Heather you speak of?? 😎

Hands down, the stupidest part of this stupid gigantic house is that Kody thinks the house is going to draw his flock back to his turf, where they will graze and laugh and bask in the glory of their wonderful, loving dad.  The truth is - when you uproot kids over and over, give them zero time to process the move before they're throwing their stuffed animals into moving boxes, tell them the cops are after them, and give zero f**** about how they are going to adjust to a new place...chances are, those kids are not going to want to return to the family house du jour to sit and gaze adoringly at the knee of their father who did this to them.

Ok, now that I have given it a thought, maybe he is on to something.  So far the only kids I can see supporting themselves without online sales are Logan and I guess Fat Tony (said with love, HA!).  Maybe he is predicting he will need all that space to house his grown children when they realize money/credit does run out and they cannot support themselves. Although this theory falls apart when I think of the cost to keep up that house and keep utilities on.  Scratch this theory.  None of them can support themselves.  Except maybe Meri.  

• Love 7

Have to say they've done one thing right. In an age where kids are taking longer to grow up and fly, the Brown kids have all moved on pretty quickly. I read so many stories about how kids aren't leaving the nest and the Brown's just don't seem to have that problem. Now, if they build a mansion -  I wonder if any return home and stay - you know to fill up the empty house.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

What happens after all of the kids are grown? Do the five adults buy a reasonable 4-bedroom home or are they going to continue to maintain these monstrosities so they won't have to interact or even see each other?

You lost me at "reasonable."

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

What happens after all of the kids are grown? Do the five adults buy a reasonable 4-bedroom home or are they going to continue to maintain these monstrosities so they won't have to interact or even see each other?

Well they can't share a kitchen!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

You lost me at "reasonable."

No kidding!  Each of the wives will have a HUGE 7 bedroom/4 bath monstrosity because like the L'ularoreal saying goes - "I'm worth it!"  Christine will stuff it with crap and it will become a hoarders lair, Meri's will have 103,287 items of Lularoe clothing that doesn't sell and it will be empty because she will be at the B&B, Robyn's will be a pig sty because the other wives won't clean it for her and she is snoozing away most of the day and Janelle's house will be full of exercise equipment that is covered with dust and empty snack chip bags littering the floors.  That is until they are all foreclosed on because there is no income.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

No kidding!  Each of the wives will have a HUGE 7 bedroom/4 bath monstrosity because like the L'ularoreal saying goes - "I'm worth it!"  Christine will stuff it with crap and it will become a hoarders lair, Meri's will have 103,287 items of Lularoe clothing that doesn't sell and it will be empty because she will be at the B&B, Robyn's will be a pig sty because the other wives won't clean it for her and she is snoozing away most of the day and Janelle's house will be full of exercise equipment that is covered with dust and empty snack chip bags littering the floors.  That is until they are all foreclosed on because there is no income.

You forgot about Janelle's closets and cupboards.  They will ALL be filled with industrial size packages, boxes and jars of all of her various nutritional "rockstars".  Each spice will have approximately 1 teaspoon used and each "food" will have approximately 1 serving used.  Most will have expired some time in the previous decade.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 2/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Poor Audrey  is about double the size she once was.  I was shocked!

I don't think Kody approved of this lifestyle.  I saw no getting up off the chair to hug and congratulate them.

He always seems angry when any mention of their relationship.

I noticed how irritated he was when they said they might have a long engagement. He wants them to get married NOW NOW NOW because they're so in love so he can generate filming for his declining TV show. He is so freaking transparent.

• Love 8