Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: An Awkward Valentine's Day

• Start Topic

Whether it was on the actual day or not (most likely not), Kody should have acted a bit more enthusiastically that his family got together to celebrate his birthday. To me, he came across as a spoiled kid who didn't get the super expensive present he was expecting to get.

And why do people say "I want you to keep an open mind when thinking about it" when what that really means "I want you to come around to my way of thinking".

This episode is made me understand why Christine doesn't want to live in a big house with everyone else. She said that once she had her own roof she was able to have 1:1 conversations with her kids. When they lived in Lehi, she was the one parent who was always at home - Janelle worked long hours, Meri worked as well, Kody was...well...Kody. And Christine welcomed all the kids. Which I think at the time she really enjoyed. But I think that living in her own house had made her realize that as nice as it was to have so many kids around, she's been able to have more quiet and/or private conversations with her kids when everyone else's kids aren't around all the time. 

Could someone explain why Mariah said they'd have a 3-year engagement? I know she said something about grad school...but I've never heard of a 3-year grad school program. Everyone I know who went to grad school had a 1-year or 2-year program.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I call total BS on this.  Snowflake has that posted all over social media, no way Meri didn't know.  It's all manufactured drama for the show.

They showed the Valentine's Day celebrations before Kody's birthday.  Kody's birthday is Jan. 17 and the engagement was Jan.16, leaving us to believe that they hopped on a plane immediately after Mariah put a ring on it.  Possibly, like many families, they celebrate birthdays on the closest Saturday or Sunday to allow for work schedules of family.

They got the sequence of events out of order, thus the confusion.

• Love 4

Mariah posted the engagement on her Instagram on the same day that People magazine ran an article online about her engagement.  The actual ring part happened on January 16, 2019, but it wasn't put onto social media/online until a month later, February 15, 2019.  So it could have been filmed close to the actual date it happened and Kody's birthday celebration, keeping it a secret within the family until People put it online (and most likely paid Mariah to be the first to announce it)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

And why do people say "I want you to keep an open mind when thinking about it" when what that really means "I want you to come around to my way of thinking".

Quintessential Kody.  They're not coming around to his way of thinking - not now, not ever.  Never.  Some leader he is.  Did anyone think the outcome would be different when he never referred to it as 'our new home'. but as 'my house'?  What?  Did he think this was his new church where he is the g-d???

Sheesh, the stupid burns bright with this one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

Quintessential Kody.  They're not coming around to his way of thinking - not now, not ever.  Never.  Some leader he is.  Did anyone think the outcome would be different when he never referred to it as 'our new home'. but as 'my house'?  What?  Did he think this was his new church where he is the g-d???

Sheesh, the stupid burns bright with this one.

Well yes... but.... why does ONE wife get to dictate what the rest of the wives and Kody get to do?  Meri seems ok with one house.. Robyn is wishy washy but seems ok... Kody wants it... Janelle wants it.... so because Christine DOESN'T want it - everyone has to do what SHE wants?  

I understand that this house is never going to be built... but I'm not sure at this point when the show was filming that the Brown family knew that.  So what is fair??  

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well yes... but.... why does ONE wife get to dictate what the rest of the wives and Kody get to do?  Meri seems ok with one house.. Robyn is wishy washy but seems ok... Kody wants it... Janelle wants it.... so because Christine DOESN'T want it - everyone has to do what SHE wants?  

OK, this is really bizarre... I am replying to my own post.  Well - jumping off of it.  Do you all think that Christine would leave Kody, if everyone else voted on one house?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OK, this is really bizarre... I am replying to my own post.  Well - jumping off of it.  Do you all think that Christine would leave Kody, if everyone else voted on one house?

I said earlier, elsewhere, that one or more will bail out of this entire thing at the end of filming when the next season doesn't happen.  That is, once the show is done, done, someone or more will leave.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Nope, I don't believe that Christine would ever leave Kody, the sad, delusional fact is that hope springs eternal in her heart that someday Kody will wake up and realize what  real treasure she is.

I believe Christine has been designated as the shit disturber this season, relieving Robyn from a role she no longer wished to play.  In the end, Christine will have a change of heart, hoping to win points with Kody for "putting the family first" as he instructed her to do on their relationship rebuilding trip.

• Love 10
Just now, b2H said:

I said earlier, elsewhere, that one or more will bail out of this entire thing at the end of filming when the next season doesn't happen.  That is, once the show is done, done, someone or more will leave.

Well Meri is a given.  But I don't believe Christine would leave, unless they forced the one house issue.  I just don't think it's fair to give ANY of the individual wives the "say" for the entire family.  Like I believe Robyn did about the move to Flagstaff.

• Love 4

I sometimes wonder if Christine thinks living separate like she does now is better because it makes being the boss easier for her - when in reality life is easier for her now than when she was in Lehi because she has less kids at home.  She has it good right now - only 3 girls at home.  And they are 3 easy going happy girls, by the looks of their instagram and twitter posts.  It is nice to be a mom in a house of girls - with my teenage girls sometimes it's more like hanging out than being the parent.  From their posts/videos it seems like Christine is their buddy, and I suspect it makes it easy for Kody to drop by their house when he knows it is going to be a "fun" atmosphere.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Sooooooo......What was so awkward about Valentines Day?

Oh Dear!!! The KISS, so much ado about a peck on the cheek and a quick hug, you would have thought Robyn had deep throated him with her tongue.  Right in FRONT of the other wives!!!

Then they feel compelled to vote on whether this is acceptable or obscene behavior.  How dare she behave in such wanton fashion, this is ground-breaking I tell ya!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Oh Dear!!! The KISS, so much ado about a peck on the cheek and a quick hug, you would have thought Robyn had deep throated him with her tongue.  Right in FRONT of the other wives!!!

Then they feel compelled to vote on whether this is acceptable or obscene behavior.  How dare she behave in such wanton fashion, this is ground-breaking I tell ya!

Well of course it is!  The wives are just dreading the new cold sore Robyn just gave all of them.  Except Meri.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Want to share a new podcast I found:

Surviving Sister Wives. They are recapping this train wreck every week now! I think they are up to this episode. 

Love it. Thank you guys for the tip.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Loving Kody’s clueless ramblings of  ‘I really don’t know why Robyn’s house (aka his house) sold first when Christine and Janelle have been on the market 6 months’ 

Then he goes on to say something like "must have been that a family came and looked at it and it had everything they wanted so they made an offer!"  Isn't that how it usually works when someone wants to buy a house?

Christine looked R-O-U-G-H this episode  Did she age 10 years over a week? Or are the makeup artists using their skills to make her look tired and unhappy? That and her flat attitude this week (where is the Christine of the lilting voice and dreamy visage?

I just watched season1 and I cannot get over how much Robyn has aged (poorly) and become so bitter and pissed off acting all the time. She juts out her chin, pouts, frowns, and overall seems miserable.  

Meri- ditto. She just zones out on the couch and doesn't even participate in the conversation. It's as if she is a bored observer of a random group of people talking. And she has gotten very heavy.

Kody, lording over His Highness' birthday celebration.  And practically beating his chest thinking that the real problem the wives all have is thinking that he's banging someone on the other side of their wall (I decided "going on a date" means having sex).   He is LOVING EVERY MINUTE of his wives' "jealousy". 

I actually like the "big house" and if I liked the three other women I shared family with, would love to live there. But since they all hate and resent each other, I guess that's not feasible. And I take issue with Christine's lament that "we never could be affectionate with each other" in a shared home. Again, season 1- lots of hugs, kisses and loving gazes. 

On 2/9/2020 at 12:56 PM, Kbo said:

I laughed like a 12-year old when Christine was bleating on about how she couldn’t be master of her own domain if they were all in one house 😂

Actually she said "I can't master my domain if we are all in one house." Another great Brown-ism!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Want to share a new podcast I found:

Surviving Sister Wives. They are recapping this train wreck every week now! I think they are up to this episode. 

Veda!!  Is this podcast narrated by people we post with here?  Because I'm telling you.... it sounds like my biddies here!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Veda!!  Is this podcast narrated by people we post with here?  Because I'm telling you.... it sounds like my biddies here!!

I can’t tell u how long I’ve been looking for a podcast about these losers. Was beginning to think we SHOULD start one. There are some pretty funny posters here. 

• Love 6

I don't get why they can't just all live in 4 homes on the same property.  That was the original plan.  Let Robyn or Meri have the main living space or bigger living space for family functions. 

The kids could still see each other. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

I don't get why they can't just all live in 4 homes on the same property.  That was the original plan.  Let Robyn or Meri have the main living space or bigger living space for family functions. 

The kids could still see each other. 

It's immaterial.  They can't afford to pipe water/sewage/electricity all the way out to the boonies where their plot of land lies.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Then he goes on to say something like "must have been that a family came and looked at it and it had everything they wanted so they made an offer!"  Isn't that how it usually works when someone wants to buy a house?

Christine looked R-O-U-G-H this episode  Did she age 10 years over a week? Or are the makeup artists using their skills to make her look tired and unhappy? That and her flat attitude this week (where is the Christine of the lilting voice and dreamy visage?

I just watched season1 and I cannot get over how much Robyn has aged (poorly) and become so bitter and pissed off acting all the time. She juts out her chin, pouts, frowns, and overall seems miserable.  

Meri- ditto. She just zones out on the couch and doesn't even participate in the conversation. It's as if she is a bored observer of a random group of people talking. And she has gotten very heavy.

Kody, lording over His Highness' birthday celebration.  And practically beating his chest thinking that the real problem the wives all have is thinking that he's banging someone on the other side of their wall (I decided "going on a date" means having sex).   He is LOVING EVERY MINUTE of his wives' "jealousy". 

I actually like the "big house" and if I liked the three other women I shared family with, would love to live there. But since they all hate and resent each other, I guess that's not feasible. And I take issue with Christine's lament that "we never could be affectionate with each other" in a shared home. Again, season 1- lots of hugs, kisses and loving gazes. 

Actually she said "I can't master my domain if we are all in one house." Another great Brown-ism!

I think Christine looks older because she looks to have lost a lot of weight. It can show in your face, especially when you’re older. A trade off I guess, I’d rather be thin and have more wrinkles versus heavy (there’s treatments for wrinkles).  It was several weeks between filming, I think. 

Robyn definitely looks aged and a bit heavier. She looks annoyed and tired. 

Meri looks terrible. She has a puffy, saggy-jowled face, sausage arms and looks to be 240 lb this season.  But instead of diet and fitness, she relies on skinny filters and face tuning apps. SO. STUPID. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8

These idiots make no flippin sense. They’re “drowningk” (Christina’s word) in debt, but they waste money on stupid crap like “Home is where the wives are” matching shirt and pillows. They’ll probably never wear those shirts (I wouldn’t).  And those bouquets that Kody got each wife looked pricey too. What a waste of money. 

• Love 9
On 2/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, Kbo said:

I laughed like a 12-year old when Christine was bleating on about how she couldn’t be master of her own domain if they were all in one house 😂

That's mostly because when they had that house in Utah Christine was the problem. She basically trapped Kody into being married to her much like Janelle did. And just stole Meri's husband. So Meri likely made their lives very difficult when they all lived together. But that shouldn't matter now. They're no longer in their twenties. These are old ladies and they should want to live in one house. So it's easier for their there 1 million children to visit.

Remember how Christine's family was polygamy royalty allegedly? Her father basically brokered a deal with Kody so that she could marry into an already screwed up situation with Janelle And Meri. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

It all just seems so ridiculous - Kody's married to four women, some of whom seem to want to pretend that they are the one and only wife.  Let's pretend he's not having sex with the other wives. Let's pretend he's not going on dates with the other wives. Yes, that's really living the Principle.  To me, living in the Big House  would be like living in a small apartment building - you'd be totally autonomous with your own apartment and your own front door, but have the ability to get together in the "party room".  And like an apartment building, there's one door to the outside.  I can't believe that's such a big point with Christine and Robyn.  Of course, other than  Janelle, logic isn't anyone's strong point.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They showed the Valentine's Day celebrations before Kody's birthday.  Kody's birthday is Jan. 17 and the engagement was Jan.16, leaving us to believe that they hopped on a plane immediately after Mariah put a ring on it.  Possibly, like many families, they celebrate birthdays on the closest Saturday or Sunday to allow for work schedules of family.

They got the sequence of events out of order, thus the confusion.

From what was sussed when Maddie posted a "one year anniversary of the pregnancy announcement" taking place in late January and that was supposedly the Christmas episode, for all we know this "birthday" filming could have been done way after the actual date.

• Love 3

Random question: Did Janelle always have that huge mole above her lip on (her) left side? I’ve been watching this show for years and don’t recall ever noticing it, at least not as big as if it is now! I mean did it grow an inch since the last episode or am I just not observant? I guess I do only half pay attention to this 🐴💩 show but still!!

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, valdawn said:

Random question: Did Janelle always have that huge mole above her lip on (her) left side? I’ve been watching this show for years and don’t recall ever noticing it, at least not as big as if it is now! I mean did it grow an inch since the last episode or am I just not observant? I guess I do only half pay attention to this 🐴💩 show but still!!

I've noticed that as well. I hope for her sake she has a dermatologist keeping an eye on it. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I have actually been thinking that it would be interesting and kind of fascinating if Christine, the staunch polygamy defender and “plyg royalty” (barf), was the one to decide she actually wants monogamy. However, she’d have to find a new guy for that and I doubt she’s interested in doing that. Same for Robyn and Janelle. I continue to hope that Meri leaves and finds someone she can be happy with. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think she's in the best position to do so.  She bought her house in Flagstaff instead of just renting, if I remember correctly.  So if they all vote to make the Castle Plyg, she can just be all THX BUT NOPE and stay right where she is with no real financial impact.

I'm wondering if that wasn't the actual purpose of Robyn's mini-rant about how everyone should be able to leave if they want to.  (And why she's not opposed to that, considering that's one less wife to plow over on her way to Only Wife status.)  Stir that pot; plant some seeds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think all of these poly wanna be's got a taste of monogamy in the cul de sac in big expensive homes and don't want to give it up!  

I'm guessing Kody spends most of his time with Robyn!  So there's that to live with in one big house!

Kind of like 'how you gonna keep them down on the farm after they've seem New York '!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, ElderPrice said:

A gentle request. Please don’t use the words “asexual” and “prude” together. “Prude” is a rude, dismissive word. Asexuals don’t feel sexual attraction. It’s an orientation, like being straight or gay. And it has nothing to do with trauma. It just is and we’re born this way, it’s not a choice. The more you know. 
Anyway, based on the eleventy million kids that Kody made I don’t think that he was ever lacking in having sex. Ew. 

Yeah, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Calling Kody a prude is the same as calling him a horndog, just the flip side. And I don't care if I'm being rude and dismissive of Kody. Sorry, not sorry. That's what I do here. I snark and mock stupid people being stupid on my tv. And I think he is asexual. And I'm not complaining about asexuality, per se, just Kody not being comfortable with being asexual himself, and taking on 4 wives and constantly knocking them up to over compensate for his own believed short-comings.

Actually, I'm going to take back Kody being asexual. I'm thinking now he's kodysexual. He's aroused by himself. He only is really stimulated by himself and really mostly in love with himself. That's probably why he's all over Caleb, he probably thinks he's just like Caleb or wants to be like Caleb. In any case, living with him is probably exhausting and Robyn sure looks over it.

Again, I'm all about being rude and dismissive about the Browns. That why I snark. Wait 'til Fat Tony shows up again, your head will spin. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I had that same thought until I listened to the financial episode...they do post at Reddit.

That's how I found them, on Reddit. I'm late to the game and just discovered Reddit, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been life-changing, lol! That's pretty much the only place I go now.

• Love 4

I think Janelle is all in on living together because she gets a crack at living with Meri now that Meri is bottom dog in that kennel. Before, I'm sure Meri tortured Janelle when they lived together (after Janelle dumped Meri's brother and moved onto Meri's husband behind Meri's back-these people!) and now she wants some payback. Plus, I feel like Janelle and Christine are having problems-maybe connected to the non-sales of the houses, it always comes down to money-and is looking to stick it to Christine in the best way Janelle can, passive-aggressively.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It's immaterial.  They can't afford to pipe water/sewage/electricity all the way out to the boonies where their plot of land lies.

They could use a septic system, a well and solar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

That's how I found them, on Reddit. I'm late to the game and just discovered Reddit, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been life-changing, lol! That's pretty much the only place I go now.

I really enjoyed their dynamic, it does remind me of some of the posters here! Especially the ones with husbands who have been saying to them why do you watch this drivel?!? Then end up getting caught up in the endless bullshit and just laughing about it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I really enjoyed their dynamic, it does remind me of some of the posters here! Especially the ones with husbands who have been saying to them why do you watch this drivel?!? Then end up getting caught up in the endless bullshit and just laughing about it. 

And they say "Big Dill", too.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

They could use a septic system, a well and solar.

For a house that big it would require more than one septic IF the property perks. If not they are looking at one of the mound septics that are 3 times more expensive than the standard.  For my  1200 square foot home it cost $15,000.  And a well is possible IF there is water available.  Solar for a house that size?  It would have to be sunny every single day and it would require a multitude of panels - the estimation for the number of panels required in Arizona for a 2500 square foot home is 20.

Either way, the infrastructure costs would be prohibitively expensive.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Just my two cents, which is worth about that much.  In the Mariah thread someone wrote a post about how Mariah goes overboard with rainbows and I was going to make a comment how the LGBT community has embraced rainbows so completely that if someone just wears a rainbow shirt it isn't just a rainbow shirt anymore, it has to stand for something.  I like just wearing rainbow shirts.  I have nothing against the community, but I'm not making a statement when *I, personally, embrace rainbows.  I don't take Veda's comment in general - I felt it was very specific to Kody and took it that way.   And my husband was a polygamist and was the prudest man.  Sex was always missionary and in the dark - and he would become very red and embarrassed if anything sexual was mentioned - however vaguely.  So as ironic as it may be, a man with several wives can still be prude.  Just a personal embarrassing thought to share.

Edited by Kyanight
spelling mistake
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

For a house that big it would require more than one septic IF the property perks. If not they are looking at one of the mound septics that are 3 times more expensive than the standard.  For my  1200 square foot home it cost $15,000.  And a well is possible IF there is water available.  Solar for a house that size?  It would have to be sunny every single day and it would require a multitude of panels - the estimation for the number of panels required in Arizona for a 2500 square foot home is 20.

Either way, the infrastructure costs would be prohibitively expensive.

That's not entirely accurate. The batteries and solar panels are not that expensive anymore. Yes they would need the land to perk but they could build a septic system and would have to. I built my 3000 sq foot home in the blue ridge with a 20 panel Tesla system with battery power and I live in WV. Not as much sunshine here and we have plenty of power.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I built my 3000 sq foot home in the blue ridge with a 20 panel Tesla system with battery power and I live in WV. Not as much sunshine here and we have plenty of power.

And how large is the Plyg Palace?