Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: An Awkward Valentine's Day

• Start Topic

On 2/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, deirdra said:

Kootie's argument that owning a fourth/fifth of a house gives you something to sell if you bail out of the marriage made no sense.  What if the other 4 can't afford to buy you out or carry the house without you?  You cannot sell your portion to anyone outside the fambly, whereas a single family home can be more easily sold.

I thought that was the "con" about the big house. He was saying that there were some issues that were problematic, but, he felt it was his duty to point those out too and not just the good stuff.  At least that was my take on it. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

I don't get why they can't just all live in 4 homes on the same property.  That was the original plan.  Let Robyn or Meri have the main living space or bigger living space for family functions. 

The kids could still see each other. 

Yeah, or four houses next to each other.  It might make sense to divide the lots and have the single family dwellings on each lot for re-sale down the road.  Because, I bet they will move and I think that Kody knows that the huge mansion's biggest issue is not having easy resale down the road.  He knows he will not say there for the rest of his life, no matter what Robyn says. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Kody knows that the huge mansion's biggest issue is not having easy resale down the road. 

Should have learned from trying to sell the Lehi plyg compound.  But that would require insight which is in short supply in that clan.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Should have learned from trying to sell the Lehi plyg compound.  But that would require insight which is in short supply in that clan.

UNLESS...... this one house dill is just a concoction they dreamed up to milk another season, and they never had any intention of all living under one roof.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Kyanight said:

OK, this is really bizarre... I am replying to my own post.  Well - jumping off of it.  Do you all think that Christine would leave Kody, if everyone else voted on one house?

I noticed the shift in Christine's attitude and behavior. She seemed adamantly against one house and it surprised me when she stood out as being the most unhappy about it. Being on her own has empowered her, she's lost weight and seems more confident.  I assumed it would be Meri, but Meri is a sad, old encrusted barnacle on Kody. She won't let go. 

I don't know about Christine. Maybe she ditched the rose colored glasses for good. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

UNLESS...... this one house dill is just a concoction they dreamed up to milk another season, and they never had any intention of all living under one roof.  

Oh, I think that's absolutely the case.  Even Kootie isn't that delusional. 

Wait, what am I saying?  Since money apparently falls from the sky and the wives (according to his "faith") are subservient to him and to his grandiose ideas he may well have thought this insane idea is a good one.  Who knows what goes on inside that ego-maniacal brain of his.

1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't know about Christine. Maybe she ditched the rose colored glasses for good. 

Or upped the dosage on her meds.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Just my two cents, which is worth about that much.  In the Mariah thread someone wrote a post about how Mariah goes overboard with rainbows and I was going to make a comment how the LGBT community has embraced rainbows so completely that if someone just wears a rainbow shirt it isn't just a rainbow shirt anymore, it has to stand for something.  I like just wearing rainbow shirts.  I have nothing against the community, but I'm not making a statement when *I, personally, embrace rainbows.  I don't take Veda's comment in general - I felt it was very specific to Kody and took it that way.   And my husband was a polygamist and was the prudest man.  Sex was always missionary and in the dark - and he would become very red and embarrassed if anything sexual was mentioned - however vaguely.  So as ironic as it may be, a man with several wives can still be prude.  Just a personal embarrassing thought to share.

Yeah, I mean, I have actual pride flags on my front stoop but sometimes I just wear rainbows for fun. In my region, which is very gay friendly, it's an assumption that a rainbow means you're LGBT+ or an ally, but I wouldn't go into rural Alabama and see a little girl with a rainbow unicorn on her shirt and assume she's out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Without the show where would they get the money to pay utilities and taxes on that big house?

None of them make any outside money!N

Meri might make a few bucks on lulu but I'm pretty sure she's supporting the woken  one and her partner up in Chicago!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

For a house that big it would require more than one septic IF the property perks. If not they are looking at one of the mound septics that are 3 times more expensive than the standard.  For my  1200 square foot home it cost $15,000.  And a well is possible IF there is water available.  Solar for a house that size?  It would have to be sunny every single day and it would require a multitude of panels - the estimation for the number of panels required in Arizona for a 2500 square foot home is 20.

Either way, the infrastructure costs would be prohibitively expensive.

How does one figure out a well? Is it always just a matter of digging in a random spot deep enough? Like Pa Ingalls in By the Shores of Silver Lake? 

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

How does one figure out a well? Is it always just a matter of digging in a random spot deep enough? Like Pa Ingalls in By the Shores of Silver Lake? 

Maybe Kootie will wait for Divine Intervention.  Or get a water witcher.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Apparently, they do make money. I'm not sure how, but, they have to.  Is Sister Wife's Closet over and done with?  I guess so, but, they have too much going out, to not have it also coming in.  Credit cards do have a max.  And, while the show pays handsome sums, they have a lot of people to support, so, I'm not sure where it comes from.  I know they struggled to get mortgages when they bought their homes.  I suppose they had to had some income to get them.  

I thought that Mariah looked a little uncomfortable at the engagement announcement when dealing with her mother. It seemed that Meri kept hugging her and it was not necessary.  Also, she didn't confide in her mom before the announcement.  It seems that Meri wants a connection that she just doesn't have with Mariah any longer.  It's kind of sad. I get why Mariah is that way, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, b2H said:

I said earlier, elsewhere, that one or more will bail out of this entire thing at the end of filming when the next season doesn't happen.  That is, once the show is done, done, someone or more will leave.

And in an ironic twist - if one of them were to leave, I would totally watch that show.

And they say "Big Dill", too.

*runs to phone to download this podcast*

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I noticed the shift in Christine's attitude and behavior. She seemed adamantly against one house and it surprised me when she stood out as being the most unhappy about it. Being on her own has empowered her, she's lost weight and seems more confident.  I assumed it would be Meri, but Meri is a sad, old encrusted barnacle on Kody. She won't let go. 

Encrusted barnacle, hilarious!  Perfect description of ol' Mare.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I was surprised to hear her voice such a strong objection! That’s not the Christine I’m used to seeing. Usually she bottles that shit right up and keeps sweet. Interesting...I would love to see more of that... especially when dealing with Meri and her perceived sense of entitlements.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Apparently, they do make money. I'm not sure how, but, they have to.  Is Sister Wife's Closet over and done with?  I guess so, but, they have too much going out, to not have it also coming in.  Credit cards do have a max.  And, while the show pays handsome sums, they have a lot of people to support, so, I'm not sure where it comes from.  I know they struggled to get mortgages when they bought their homes.  I suppose they had to had some income to get them.  

I thought that Mariah looked a little uncomfortable at the engagement announcement when dealing with her mother. It seemed that Meri kept hugging her and it was not necessary.  Also, she didn't confide in her mom before the announcement.  It seems that Meri wants a connection that she just doesn't have with Mariah any longer.  It's kind of sad. I get why Mariah is that way, though. 

I noticed that too.  Mariah was very uncomfortable with Meri hugging her.  I don't think she has gotten over or forgiven Meri for the catfish incident of which Meri was such a willing participant!

Woken Mariah tried over and over while the incident was going strong to convince Meri of the scheme!  Seeing Meri all excited over Sam had to hurt.

I think Mariah and Kody did respect and love each other so it was disrespectful to Kody what Meri was doing with who she thought was another man!

Then came Mariah 's announcement and Kody swolled hard!  He can't accept that.  He will never say it's unacceptable in public but I bet he says what he thinks to those he chooses to communicate those thoughts too!

Relationships are sooo complicated!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I was surprised to hear her voice such a strong objection! That’s not the Christine I’m used to seeing. Usually she bottles that shit right up and keeps sweet. Interesting...I would love to see more of that... especially when dealing with Meri and her perceived sense of entitlements.   

Christine was very well spoken when she called Meri to her home office for their little chat over the Maddie birth back in LV.  I was never sure if she was reading from a script or those were her words!  Christine got my attention back there.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed that too.  Mariah was very uncomfortable with Meri hugging her.  I don't think she has gotten over or forgiven Meri for the catfish incident of which Meri was such a willing participant!

Woken Mariah tried over and over while the incident was going strong to convince Meri of the scheme!  Seeing Meri all excited over Sam had to hurt.

I think Mariah and Kody did respect and love each other so it was disrespectful to Kody what Meri was doing with who she thought was another man!

Then came Mariah 's announcement and Kody swolled hard!  He can't accept that.  He will never say it's unacceptable in public but I bet he says what he thinks to those he chooses to communicate those thoughts too!

Relationships are sooo complicated!

Agree and I think it's even more than that; I suspect Mariah just does not like her mother and sees through Meri's fakety-fake ways. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

Christine was very well spoken when she called Meri to her home office for their little chat over the Maddie birth back in LV.  I was never sure if she was reading from a script or those were her words!  Christine got my attention back there.

YES! That’s right! She’s been landing some blows the last couple of seasons and I’m so here for it! I’m going to pay closer attention to Christine next time! Lol lol

I’m thinking once this shit-show is cancelled and they go their separate ways, SHE’S the one to land the book deal and spill all the beans. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

Agree and I think it's even more than that; I suspect Mariah just does not like her mother and sees through Meri's fakety-fake ways. 

And honestly, I can’t believe that in a house of thousands of people, she didn’t give her mom the head’s up about the engagement. Meri found out with the rest of the brood. Ouch. That gotta hurt. Even Janelle knew about Maddie being pregnant before the announcement was made to all of them. That speaks volumes about Mariah’s and Meri’s relationship—or lack there of. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If it was a script, it was one that had been playing over and over in her head for 20+ years.  Christine had her opportunity to voice her deep feelings and she took it and ran with it.  I love that she remained calm and presented her POV in a rational, well thought out expression.  She was doing just fine until Meri threw up her defensive "WALLS" and refused to acknowledge that anyone but herself was entitled to feelings.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, or four houses next to each other.  It might make sense to divide the lots and have the single family dwellings on each lot for re-sale down the road.  Because, I bet they will move and I think that Kody knows that the huge mansion's biggest issue is not having easy resale down the road.  He knows he will not say there for the rest of his life, no matter what Robyn says. 

I agree with this and also will laugh if it happens because why didn’t they just stay in Vegas? (I don’t happen to think Robyn strong-armed anyone to get them to Flagstaff.)

they should build four reasonable houses and face the reality that they’re unlikely to need to house their entire family at any one time. 

• Love 5

Meri is THE WORST, I think I dislike her the most out of all of them. She’s sneaky, passive-aggressive, entitled, jealous and mean. But I have to admit, I hurt a little for her when her one and only daughter - that she so obviously adores and dotes on and caters to- does her dirty like that. It makes me hate Mariah for that. I don’t think my mom could ever do ANYTHING that would make me turn on her so publicly. If anything, I would try to cover my mom’s transgressions and protect her from the slings and arrows. It would just be my instinct. And the feeling is mutual with my mom I’m sure. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Robyn is THE WORST, I think I dislike her the most out of all of them. She’s sneaky, passive-aggressive, entitled, jealous and mean. 

I agree with the sentiments, but for a different wife.  As for the rest of your post:

"But I have to admit, I hurt a little for her when her one and only daughter - that she so obviously adores and dotes on and caters to- does her dirty like that. It makes me hate Mariah for that. I don’t think my mom could ever do ANYTHING that would make me turn on her so publicly. And the feeling is mutual with my mom I’m sure."  <~~ Veda

Meri was an ass and she made a HUGE mistake - bigger than many of us will ever make.  But we DO make mistakes - all of us.  Mariah needs to learn how to forgive.  I can understand her being angry and upset - but it's been YEARS.  Time to grow up and accept the fact that her mother has faults - but no one will ever love Mariah like Meri does.  It seems as if Mariah is not capable of unconditional love.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I agree with the sentiments, but for a different wife.  As for the rest of your post:

"But I have to admit, I hurt a little for her when her one and only daughter - that she so obviously adores and dotes on and caters to- does her dirty like that. It makes me hate Mariah for that. I don’t think my mom could ever do ANYTHING that would make me turn on her so publicly. And the feeling is mutual with my mom I’m sure."  <~~ Veda

Meri was an ass and she made a HUGE mistake - bigger than many of us will ever make.  But we DO make mistakes - all of us.  Mariah needs to learn how to forgive.  I can understand her being angry and upset - but it's been YEARS.  Time to grow up and accept the fact that her mother has faults - but no one will ever love Mariah like Meri does.  It seems as if Mariah is not capable of unconditional love.

If Mariah has a brain in her head, she will regret the cold treatment of her mom on tv all these years. Hopefully for her sake, sooner rather than later. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. 
LOL at your edit. I don’t disagree with it either! Lol Robyn sucks too!

• Love 7

In an effort to procrastinate grading papers, I went back and watched a few episodes from Season 5 to remind myself of what they were doing/saying/thinking at the time they were trying to get their financing approved for the homes in Vegas.  First, let's pause to reflect on the fact that just a few short years ago, Robin had to desperately scramble to get her credit score up to 600!  Since then, with no discernible income that I can see, she's been able to buy and sell her McMansion in Vegas, rent another McMansion in Flag Staff, and with the help of her fambly, plunk down $800K on Coyote Pass.

Of further note, back in Season 5, they all acted like the Vegas homes were absolutely indispensable to their collective fambly happiness, and without them their lives would be meaningless.  Remember how much Meri & Mariah carried on when the other wives got to move in before them? Remember how obsessed the mom's were to get into the homes before the holidays so the older kids would establish roots there before going off to college?

I mean, what the hell happened?  To watch them do a complete 180 in such a few short years is mind-boggling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, Higgins said:

More roof area to place more panels.

But all the unequal-sized bump-outs and dormers leave practically no space for solar panels, not to mention it costs 2-4X more to build and roof something with so many angles instead of one ridgeline over a house with the same square footage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I noticed the shift in Christine's attitude and behavior. She seemed adamantly against one house and it surprised me when she stood out as being the most unhappy about it. Being on her own has empowered her, she's lost weight and seems more confident.  

Christine had little or no self confidence when she happily took on the role of third wife.  Her idea of a fambly probably involved all the mothers sharing duties and helping each other. But Christine ended up taking care of 13 kids and doing most of the cooking & cleaning up. Even in LV most of the group events were at her house & occasionally at Janelle's, which is why their houses had so much wear and tear and took longer to sell.  Meri didn't want kids messing up her pristine house and Robyn wouldn't let other wives' kids eat "her" food without her or the nanny's permission, whereas Christine's fridge was treated as the fambly fridge and Kody never paid for her to have a nanny to help with 13 kids.  Her own home probably made her realize how much others had taken advantage of her. And now that she is the thin wife, she has the confidence to express her opinions.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, luckykat said:

In an effort to procrastinate grading papers, I went back and watched a few episodes from Season 5 to remind myself of what they were doing/saying/thinking at the time they were trying to get their financing approved for the homes in Vegas.  First, let's pause to reflect on the fact that just a few short years ago, Robin had to desperately scramble to get her credit score up to 600!  Since then, with no discernible income that I can see, she's been able to buy and sell her McMansion in Vegas, rent another McMansion in Flag Staff, and with the help of her fambly, plunk down $800K on Coyote Pass.

Of further note, back in Season 5, they all acted like the Vegas homes were absolutely indispensable to their collective fambly happiness, and without them their lives would be meaningless.  Remember how much Meri & Mariah carried on when the other wives got to move in before them? Remember how obsessed the mom's were to get into the homes before the holidays so the older kids would establish roots there before going off to college?

I mean, what the hell happened?  To watch them do a complete 180 in such a few short years is mind-boggling.

How I wish the moderator-du-jour would have the guts to play those clips and ask the Browns just that at the tell-nothing.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

If Mariah has a brain in her head, she will regret the cold treatment of her mom on tv all these years. Hopefully for her sake, sooner rather than later. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. 
LOL at your edit. I don’t disagree with it either! Lol Robyn sucks too!

I so agree with yours and @Kyanight's take on those two witches.  My mom irritated me in petty ways, but she did not treat me as a confidant, and I didn't treat my own daughter that way, either.  Meri fucked up royally in making her daughter a party to that Sam the Sham crap, and it's biting her in the ass, even now.  But I agree that it should be history all these years later, and Mariah could choose to forgive the one person that has loved her the most. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I so agree with yours and @Kyanight's take on those two witches.  My mom irritated me in petty ways, but she did not treat me as a confidant, and I didn't treat my own daughter that way, either.  Meri fucked up royally in making her daughter a party to that Sam the Sham crap, and it's biting her in the ass, even now.  But I agree that it should be history all these years later, and Mariah could choose to forgive the one person that has loved her the most. 

Yes!  AND the one who supports her financially.  Meri is selfish - all about her own desires and that's why she didn't think of Mariah's welfare when she used her as a confident in her infidelity (even though it wasn't physical)... and Mariah is selfish as well - her mother supports her financially and in every other possible way you could think of, but being petty and petulant, she just EXPECTS the support and gives nothing (emotionally) in return.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Mariah also doesn't want to piss Meri completely off.  Who is going to pay for the trips to Bali if Meri doesn't?  So Mariah does not approve of the whole emotional affair Meri had and Meri's refusal to take any accountability for it but she also wants the lifestyle that Meri alone is providing her with.  So Mariah can not take a firm stance and probably holds that against Meri also.   I agree that Kody acceptance of a lesbian life style is completely done for the cameras and to be politically correct.  He wants huge ratings for Mariah's wedding.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, luckykat said:

Since then, with no discernible income that I can see, she's been able to buy and sell her McMansion in Vegas, rent another McMansion in Flag Staff, and with the help of her fambly, plunk down $800K on Coyote Pass.

Not only that, in addition to the $800K in land at Coyote Pass, Robyn and Kody separately purchased a home in Flagstaff for $890,000.

• Love 7

There is a youtube channel by the name Without a crytal ball where someone named Katie Joy discusses the shows and give information that she has learned about the Browns. Regarding the mortgage situation, she did some research and learned that the  Browns don't finance their homes and property the way most do. They used an LLC registered in Deleware to obtain the Vegas homes. These properties had balloon payments probably coming due pretty soon. They were paying interest only on the loans. Seems like they are able to acquire the financing throught the LLC and then they get out of Dodge so to speak before having to refinance with a regular mortgage to pay the balloon payment. Most likely they wouldnt be able to qualify for a  conventional loan.  This is probably the reason why Kody was having a hissy fit to sell the homes in Vegas. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

hurt a little for her when her one and only daughter - that she so obviously adores and dotes on and caters to- does her dirty like that. It makes me hate Mariah for that. I don’t think my mom could ever do ANYTHING that would make me turn on her so publicly.

Yup- I've got a kid like that.  Doesn't matter what I do or don't do, I'm always at fault.

Yes!  AND the one who supports her financially.  Meri is selfish - all about her own desires and that's why she didn't think of Mariah's welfare when she used her as a confident in her infidelity (even though it wasn't physical)... and Mariah is selfish as well - her mother supports her financially and in every other possible way you could think of, but being petty and petulant, she just EXPECTS the support and gives nothing (emotionally) in return.  The apple did not fall far from the tree.

Maybe Mariah would grow up and forgive if Meri closed the purse strings!  Money does talk!

I truly believe some people are incapable of forgiving.  They just are.  Sad but true.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I truly believe some people are incapable of forgiving.  They just are.  Sad but true.

I'm curious - do you also believe that some people are never capable of feeling remorse - down the road?  I've been thinking about that lately.  Christopher Watts comes to mind.  I know there are people who fly into a rage and they are SO ANGRY that they snap - and end up killing their spouse.  But it takes a different kind of... emotion???...  to then go and kill your two little girls.  Afterwards he seemed to not even care... did he never even love his daughters?  Or can he not feel remorse and regret for what he did?  Just hard for me to wrap my mind around.  WOW - WAY off topic!  Ok.... to tie it back in to Sister Wives... Does Meri feel remorse for her internet affair with "Sam"?   ; )

• Love 3
2 hours ago, b2H said:

Yup- I've got a kid like that.  Doesn't matter what I do or don't do, I'm always at fault.

2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm curious - do you also believe that some people are never capable of feeling remorse - down the road?  I've been thinking about that lately.  Christopher Watts comes to mind.  I know there are people who fly into a rage and they are SO ANGRY that they snap - and end up killing their spouse.  But it takes a different kind of... emotion???...  to then go and kill your two little girls.  Afterwards he seemed to not even care... did he never even love his daughters?  Or can he not feel remorse and regret for what he did?  Just hard for me to wrap my mind around.  WOW - WAY off topic!  Ok.... to tie it back in to Sister Wives... Does Meri feel remorse for her internet affair with "Sam"?   ; )

Isn't that called being a narcissist?  No feelings.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 7
On 2/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, Kyanight said:

HA HA HA HA HA!!   That was so blatantly rude how she does whatever she pleases and the rest of the family can stuff it.  Oh and the fondue - there is nothing QUITE so fun as having oil popping all over your hands when you are a kid - and having to wait 5 minutes between every BITE of food!   I could see it for adults - but they DO have an entire elementary school full of kids at their family dinners!  

I know this is so off-topic but I can't help it - it's SOOO GOOD!!  I bought it on Amazon.  I see it's for sale on Ebay, but it seems kind of pricey.  You will love it!!  After you watch some of it, send Kohola and I a message - I guarantee you, it's discussion worthy!!

I was a pretty little kid in the early 70s and I loved fondue.  It was the oil kind not cheese or chocolate.  Not sure this clan would have the patience though.  

• Love 4

When this show originally appeared, I was like "what"? How is that possible, legal and all sorts of questions. I can kinda see Meri feeling alone in a big house trolling the internet and getting sucked in, my problem is she took no blame to begin with, it wasn't her fault, that iswhat bugs me. Janelle, stomping her foot down, "I will not rip Gabe from high school " to suddenly, yeah you have no choice but here is a puppy, now stfu. Christine, finds her voice ?  More like the wine bottle and that is why she does not want to be "spied" on by her fellow wives.  Robyn has whiplash apparently, and probably trying to collect disability from AZ now.    I could care less what they project on TV, its the behind the scenes shenanigans I want to hear about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

There is a youtube channel by the name Without a crytal ball where someone named Katie Joy discusses the shows and give information that she has learned about the Browns. Regarding the mortgage situation, she did some research and learned that the  Browns don't finance their homes and property the way most do. They used an LLC registered in Deleware to obtain the Vegas homes. These properties had balloon payments probably coming due pretty soon. They were paying interest only on the loans. Seems like they are able to acquire the financing throught the LLC and then they get out of Dodge so to speak before having to refinance with a regular mortgage to pay the balloon payment. Most likely they wouldnt be able to qualify for a  conventional loan.  This is probably the reason why Kody was having a hissy fit to sell the homes in Vegas. 

I'm no expert, but, I still think their personal income and credit history would be required. If not, anyone would form a corp and apply for credit without qualifying. I still think that they have some kind of benefactor who helps them.  I can't imagine any other explanation.  If you luck up and get one, it could help a great deal.  Here's an article about one that helped one of our former Vice President candidates out.  (Plus, he was already wealthy)  I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with having a benefactor.  

https://www.journalnow.com/news/state/john-edwards-benefactor-heiress-rachel-bunny-mellon-dies/article_46cf38e4-ae9d-11e3-aab2-0017a43b2370.html

I think it's funny that the ladies can be so persnickety about showing affection in front of the other wives. It's like.....ladies, don't you realize that your husband's junk has been in various.......never mind.  Maybe, they are in denial that he services the woman he's with.  It sounds icky to me, but, maybe, they're used to it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 2/10/2020 at 11:21 PM, laurakaye said:

This entire argument is one of the stupidest wastes of time I have ever seen on any reality show ever, and I used to watch Flavor of Love.

Thanks for your recap! 🥇 It’s gold as always! 

This paragraph right here summarises everything. I’m a longtime avid watcher of trashy reality shows and also numbed my brain on Flavor of Love (and even Rock of Love) once and I’m still scratching my brain as to why I suffer through these episodes, where not an ounce of real drama occurs?

It’s all walls up, passive aggressive loaded comments and secret death stares. I like to see them all be honest and duke it out properly on camera.

The best episodes are the ones, where the wives keep-sweet veneer comes off and they have a proper rage at each other -  like Meri having an adult tantrum at Mariah’s graduation, or Meri slamming doors and raging about not being able to take king Solomon to Utah, or Meri and her wet bar/big house rental insistence when Janelle thought she wasn’t being financially responsible, or Meri wanting to be in her big house for Christmas or Meri feeling left out of Axel’s birth...so there’s a common denominator here for drama. 

While I dislike Meri,  I need her on this show (and so do they), because I (and others) like to hate watch and her septic out-spoken personality is often the only one that brings some interest to this yawn-fest IMO. Fingers crossed she opens her mouth, gets angry and brings some good old fashioned Meri tantrums to this season soon 🤞🏼 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri only has herself to blame.  If you go back and watch the episodes of when Meri was trying to get Mariah back in her good graces, all she did was pure manipulation.   She goes and visits Meri in Utah and wants to take Solomon with, because Mariah and Sol have a special bond.  Mariah said then, it was like her mom was trying to get her to fix the mess between them.  Then Meri tried to shuffle in other Jackie catfishing victims to gain sympathy.  There is one scene when her friend comes to  visit and is telling the adults that Sam loved her and she fell in love with him....Meri was cringing. 

All Meri had to do was own what she did, she got fooled, and made a mistake, but by acting like the perennial victim and never owning up to her part in it...I think  that is what Mariah is upset over.  Mariah warned her, got ignored and Meri never owned it.   

Meri is purely self centered, selfish and manipulative.  You can see it all those times when Meri didn't get her way with Kody....and she dragged Robyn in to speak for her and convince Kody to do what Meri wants.   What we are seeing now is Robyn, Mariah and the others not falling for Meri's crap anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

The way to up the ratings BIG TIME is for one of the wives to move out/threaten to separate. 

This house thing is getting old quick but I am intrigued by how adamant Christine is about NO ONE HOUSE. 

I still maintain she heard Kody/Meri sexcapades or Kody and she didn't have sex cause Meri heard them.  I would be interested in that story. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, luckykat said:

You are doing God's work, @luckycat

• LOL 5
  • Love 4