Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Considering she just graduated with her MS she might be up for a move to Dallas and I think she would be a great cheerleader. On the topic of natural/kinky hair I wonder what she auditioned with if she did since she has had many different hair styles in her NFL career:

Sydney is really pretty! She is both intelligent and a great dancer...something Kelli and Judy love.  She looks like a go getter! Think this competition is going to be fierce! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, homelife said:

Vets better be scared.

With VK on the team, and TK constantly lurking in the shadows, rookies better be scared. They have no idea the drama they’re in for. 

They rookies will soon learn that only those who suck up to those two will be allowed to remain. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Six pack Syd fan club over here!  Even though I haven’t seen her dance, she was ProBowl for another team so she’s gotta be a great dancer. And she’s tagged in a video where she is teaching so hopefully she sticks around long enough to be a potential future leader. Although if you were Pro Bowl for another team, it would take a test of strength to keep biting your tongue and play the good rookie. Either way, she’s currently one of my favorites! (And yes, please let her keep the natural curls!)

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

They posted a video this morning of the message that was sent to the TCC, and it says “We’ll see you in July”

Is it just me, or did Charlotte look ill in that announcement video? She's always been super thin, but wow, her arms looked like sticks!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, chrishunt said:

Dani went to my university! Didn’t know her personally but she’s a superstar on the dance team and is drop dead gorgeous. I could see her being another Rachel W. 

Absolutely!
Dani has it all.

Just like Annabelle, Claire W, Amelia, Ashlinn, Darian, Cassie, Jada, Jessica, Shannan, Tori. and Sheridan.

So many! I am very happy with these candidates! The veterans should be worried!

• Love 4
On 6/16/2020 at 7:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The first year, Malena was hauled in the office, and told Kelli she was quitting her full time job, at the college football program.      I think Kelli had already decided she wasn't keeping Malena, but she let her sit there in the office, saying she was going to quit her job and didn't say a word. 

I don't think so at all.  Kelli couldn't have dreamed up a better ambassador than Malena AND Malena had the DCC look to boot.  I think Kelli kept her as long as she did because if she showed even the slightest memory improvement (since that was her issue more than her dancing, her dancing was fine) she would have had a reason to put her on the squad.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I don't think so at all.  Kelli couldn't have dreamed up a better ambassador than Malena AND had the DCC look to boot.  I think Kelli kept her as long as she did because if she showed even the slightest memory improvement (since that was her issue more than her dancing, her dancing was fine) she would have had a reason to put her on the squad.

Absolutely agree!  Kelli had some trepidation because of the Jets benching but decided to take the risk anyway because Malena as a full package was amazing to Kelli.  But after the meltdown, I think Kelli was thankful that she dodged that bullet!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Absolutely!
Dani has it all.

Just like Annabelle, Claire W, Amelia, Ashlinn, Darian, Cassie, Jada, Jessica, Shannan, Tori. and Sheridan.

So many! I am very happy with these candidates! The veterans should be worried!

The more I think about it, they have to cut some veterans. There are too many strong, fantastic rookie candidates that they can’t let go. Virtual auditions really worked in their favor as far as bringing in solid talent.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw at least 3-5 vet cuts to be able to bring in 6-11 rookies?

• Love 11

Alora Rose looks amazing, she doesn't have much in pom style on her page but for other dancing she's great.

Sydney is beautiful, and must be a good team mate as she made it to Pro bowl. I haven't seen her dance, but she's definitely a girl crush. I just have a horrible feeling that kelly won't like her build. She's got thighs not straight up and down legs. But I have a feeling given the current climate she might want more WOC on the team so she may not say anything if the girl can dance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm still gonna wait for actual confirmation from Ashlinn, Amelia, Darian, and Sydney to put them on the chart because I don't want to accidentally put someone who isn't supposed to be there but I'm pretty pleased with the calibre of the new TCC.

I'm honestly kinda sad that there aren't more open spots for new girls and I wonder if/how many vets will get cut. If they cut no vets and take 37 girls like last year that makes 8 rookie spots, if they cut girls on the bubble (Meredith, Kat, Lily?) that could give them 11 spots. My Top 11 are: Darian, Claire W, Elli, Jaycie, Sydney, Shannan, Marissa, Dani, Jada, Armani, and Sheridan. 

Also when is the last time that 6 TCC were WOC? Whether they got more diverse talent because auditions were online, or they made a more conscious effort to go for more diverse girls I think its pretty great and I wouldn't at all be upset if all of them made the team. 

Based on the dancing that we have seen I would make Claire D and Amelia my first rookie cuts. I like Kat and Lily so I hope they don't get cut but I am super over Meredith and if they want that dark hair light eyes look they now have TCC Shannan. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Also when is the last time that 6 TCC were WOC? Whether they got more diverse talent because auditions were online, or they made a more conscious effort to go for more diverse girls I think its pretty great and I wouldn't at all be upset if all of them made the team. 

Echoing this sentiment here. This could be a combination of both things you mentioned above: online auditions mean not having to take time off, and pay to travel/lodge to Dallas, which is an expensive luxury.  And hopefully they are also expanding their ways to outreach and locate more girls of color as well. 
There have always been Star DCC who were girls of color (Nicole Hamilton, Whitney, Mia and my personal favorite Robin) but I’m hoping that things will open up even more with this crop of rookies. 

And for anyone who says “they shouldn’t pick girls based on color, they should pick the best dancers” let me just remind you about: Meredith, Breelan, Morgan, Kaitlyn, etc. 

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Stee said:

Echoing this sentiment here. This could be a combination of both things you mentioned above: online auditions mean not having to take time off, and pay to travel/lodge to Dallas, which is an expensive luxury.  And hopefully they are also expanding their ways to outreach and locate more girls of color as well. 
There have always been Star DCC who were girls of color (Nicole Hamilton, Whitney, Mia and my personal favorite Robin) but I’m hoping that things will open up even more with this crop of rookies. 

And for anyone who says “they shouldn’t pick girls based on color, they should pick the best dancers” let me just remind you about: Meredith, Breelan, Morgan, Kaitlyn, etc. 

I agree fully. I don't think any hiring process should focus on getting a "diverse" candidate, but making the process and the application more open and feasible for all individuals and not just the most privileged is always a good thing. All of the TCC are highly qualified, beautiful, and good dancers and likely would have made TCC if they had come to regular auditions, however there may have been barriers in the past that made that impossible. This year's audition process was accidentally more accessible to all which has resulted in hopefully a team that better represents all people. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Season 7. Jasmine, Jacie, Jessica, Jenna, Carissa, Kelly, Kim, Carla, Sintia (I’m sure I spelled that wrong). That was also the year that the TCC group was arguably the strongest. I think that’s the one time where Kelli has actually made that comment in real time, in front of everyone (“this is the best rookie class we’ve had in a long time”). Every other time she’s said it, it feels like she’s trying to convince the television audience, or she or Judy is trying to let a girl down gently (“any other year, you might be ok” - yeah, right lol).

• Love 4
(edited)

Any other year, I would say they would probably cut a vet, but I don’t see it happening this year. They don’t have the time. TC is where girls learn the actual DCC style vs just the choreo, and with an abbreviated timeline, the girls who usually grow during TC, won’t have that opportunity now. Which is unfortunate, because this class seems very talented. But I definitely don’t think they are cutting 3-5 vets.

Edited by dccfan321
  • Love 7
(edited)

Sydney is gorgeous! She is a strong dancer (i've seen her dance in person), beautiful woman, and a great leader on her team as Captain and Pro Bowl cheerleader. If she is going to training camp they will love her. 

Edited by BeautyOfDreams
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Any other year, I would say they would probably cut a vet, but I don’t see it happening this year. They don’t have the time. TC is where girls learn the actual DCC style vs just the choreo, and with an abbreviated timeline, the girls who usually grow during TC, won’t have that opportunity now. Which is unfortunate, because this class seems very talented. But I definitely don’t think they are cutting 3-5 vets.

Unless these girls coming in either have//can adapt to the style. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Stee said:

Six pack Syd fan club over here!  Even though I haven’t seen her dance, she was ProBowl for another team so she’s gotta be a great dancer. And she’s tagged in a video where she is teaching so hopefully she sticks around long enough to be a potential future leader. Although if you were Pro Bowl for another team, it would take a test of strength to keep biting your tongue and play the good rookie. 

Cries in former TCC Chiefs Pro Bowl rep Ashley Paige. At least Patriots Pro Bowl rep Alexandria made the team before she dropped out, but I feel like they bitched about her dance style a lot during camp. 

• Love 5
On 6/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, TB12 said:

Ohhhh hmmm, with all due respect--- don't people say that when they're going to say something unkind... she does not have the DCC look as Kelly says, she looks more like the girl last night as opposed to the girl next door perhaps if she softens the makeup and tones her hair mind you i'm sitting here with hair that hasn't been washed in four days and no makeup... 

Makeup is 💯 % wrong - heavy, too dark and a very dated look. 

• Love 1
On 6/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I see that this girl made it to Miami Dolphins finals.  I wonder if Kelli had a way of finding out who auditioned for other teams before she advanced people further.  It seems to me that Kelli would have no interest in girls that auditioned for more than DCC.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

TCC Tori looks SO much better as a brunette!

FB7F4B56-4265-4FA4-97F7-36C14FA9CFA4.jpeg

0BA1B4DE-CAA8-4E7D-9530-F05FF264343B.jpeg

She also looks so much younger in the first pic (that may also be the case, I don't know lol).

1 hour ago, Duffer said:

Makeup is 💯 % wrong - heavy, too dark and a very dated look. 

Exactly!!! It ages her actually they all wear too much makeup but tptb want them camera ready, not realizing they would look younger and fresher by toning down the makeup...

• Love 1

I know this is an unusual year, but If I remember correctly they rarely "cut" vets that make it to training camp.  Is there any vet that Kelli/Charlotte are unhappy enough with right now to cut during TC? 

(edited)

It's always sad when a vet is cut.. but they really could get rid of a couple of make room for what looks like some great new potential in the TCCs. Meredith, Lily, Lisa... 

Kat has wayyy too much charisma and looks to cut! She brings some much needed personality to the squad! 

Wish Tess, Maddie would retire already eurghh. At least Amy is finally gone. 

The TCCs look great. Love that Sheridan is back! If Elli doesn't make the team I'll throw a tantrum. Girl is stunning!!!! 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I know this is an unusual year, but If I remember correctly they rarely "cut" vets that make it to training camp.  Is there any vet that Kelli/Charlotte are unhappy enough with right now to cut during TC? 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it has been a very long time since all of the vets who re-auditioned made it back to TCC. If this was a normal year I would expect at least one vet cut at finals and maybe more since there has been some surprising vet cuts in the past. The vets have also not been evaluated against the new rookie candidates, and some may have gained some quarantine weight (I know I have lol). I feel like they will either try to run things as normal as they can and there will be a few vet cuts right at the beginning of camp, or due to the circumstances they will only cut a vet if there is really a problem because they already know the choreography. 

The only vets that I wouldn't mind getting cut are Meredith, Lisa, and maybe Victoria although I have to admit I think she is pretty and a good enough dancer I just think her attitude needs to be adjusted. Arguably Kat, Lily, and Savannah are weaker dancers on the team which could be a problem.

I don't think Tess, Daphne, or Lexie should be cut but I wouldn't be sad if they retired next year hahaha.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Exactly!!! It ages her actually they all wear too much makeup but tptb want them camera ready, not realizing they would look younger and fresher by toning down the makeup...

If TPTB haven't realized it for their own makeup..........

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, faxtar221 said:

I guess I am confused on VK; why is there so much drama surrounding her? I think I missed something.

Oh ... settle in 😆.

• LOL 15
On 6/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, kalibean said:

I try to look at it both ways - totally all in for the drama and ratings, absolutely. On the flip side, training camp is a three month long paid dance job. And if you make the team, it’s a year long paid dance job. If you have the time, funds and energy, especially for the younger girls that want to do this and go to school, there are worse things. 

I don’t get why on the bubble TCC quit excellent career jobs (Malena) but occasionally it does work out for them too (pharmaceutical sales rep Courtney.) I also don’t have that desire to perform, and that’s a big motivator for many. And for the TCC of today’s world, the Instagram exposure and money making benefits might be worth the gamble. Only takes 10k followers to shaft making good money and I know plenty of people with substantially less that still bring in a few bonus dollars as affiliates, etc. 

But Courtney didn't make both TCC and that job work tho. If I remember correctly she quit the job saying it was a little too hard in terms of doing both because sometimes she was rushing between her last client and then getting into tcc on time. 

15 hours ago, DEEVEE said:

Is it just me, or did Charlotte look ill in that announcement video? She's always been super thin, but wow, her arms looked like sticks!

Shes been looking ill the last year I noticed.

I hope Sydney makes it. But my impression of her is that if she does make the team she is a 50/50 on staying on because of the drama of certain people. She comes across as someone who stays away from toxic environment/drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Dance4life23 said:

I don’t feel like she’s “putting the cart before the horse at all”.  

Sure she is, she said she expects to be featured on MTT.  Either cart before horse or entitled.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

But wasn’t that written after she found out she was a TCC? I would expect to be featured on MTT as a TCC too. I don’t read it as she’s expecting to make the team, but typically they do feature everyone that makes it in to camp in some way shape or form...some WAY more than others (lol). To me, the article is pretty innocent, small town newspaper, that is proud of their local girl. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 12

"Expects to be featured" is not a direct quote. It's possible that she just said that she would be on Making The Team, which focuses on training camp candidates (of which she is), and the paper chose to phrase it that way. She may well be arrogant, but I don't read too much into that comment. She needs to be careful with media however. She certainly doesn't want to make herself a target early on.  

• Love 22
3 hours ago, faxtar221 said:

I guess I am confused on VK; why is there so much drama surrounding her? I think I missed something.

I wasn’t a big Victoria fan year 1, but in her second attempt she came back a stronger dancer, confident and it great shape. I feel she earned her boots year 2 but so many can’t get past how she was the first year. Many think she is on the squad due to her relationship with Kelli but I don’t feel that way because she was cut her first year. I like her and have had some very nice conversations with her on IG. She even sent my granddaughter  a photo since she knew she was a fan and I thought that was very special thing to do. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

So this is what I've heard for training camp, anyone got anything different?

20201.png

Darian, Sydney, Ashlinn, and Amelia haven't been confirmed for sure, but it's an assumption that they have.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Marissa, have you ever heard the expression "putting the cart before the horse?" 😂

image.thumb.png.843da0d9cc03412c0b13679a0f476806.png

Step back and think about this....

1.  She is from North Carolina.....it’s not everyday someone from NC has an opportunity to be on the sidelines for America’s team

2.  It’s a positive feel good story....and let be honest there hasn’t been many feel good stories lately for us to consume

3.  She is excited- yes, she is young.  But wouldn’t the world be a better place if instead of tearing others down- we let them be excited and watched them soar? 

4.  Remember this is not written by her...misquotes happen...it could be taken out of context.  She wasn’t “quoted” as saying expects.  That was the author. 

5.  She was Miss NC Outstanding Teen....not Livermush. 

Let’s give her some grace.  Wait to see her in action- dance and then speak.  Do your research- she has done wonderful things.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
Just now, Dance4life23 said:

Have you ever been interviewed by a news reporter?  They misquote things allllllll the time.

If she was misquoted, I hope she can explain it to Kelli, she has chewed out many TCCs for things they put out to the public, as well as for being presumptuous.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, UNC1997 said:

Let’s give her some grace.  Wait to see her in action- dance and then speak.  

I have seen her dance, I'm surprised she made it to finals/TC.  But who cares, it's Kelli's opinion that matters, not mine.

• Love 4

I wonder what TPTB think about Alora-Rose's instagram pictures and dance resume. As well as being a Rockette she has been a burlesque dancer and danced for Ultra where she is essentially a go-go dancer for music events. I personally have no problem with these pictures and I think she is beautiful and a good dancer but I have a feeling Kelli and Co might not like them as they are not really girl next door. I would hate if they made her move to Texas during a pandemic just to cut her as an example to the other girls. Especially since they have likely already looked at her social media.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I’ll hold off on celebrating until we see how many of them actually make the team. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, chrishunt said:

Dani went to my university! Didn’t know her personally but she’s a superstar on the dance team and is drop dead gorgeous. I could see her being another Rachel W. 

Hey, fellow Husky!

• Love 3

I watched Marissa's dance video a few pages back, and I think she is an okay dancer, but she dances way too small IMO.  Her facials were subdued as well. I will be interested to see if she can project with the DCC style.  

• Love 3