Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

She was my favorite, so I guess now I have to find a new underdog to cheer for.

She's a veteran, but I'll welcome you to team Brennan 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I don’t get the Christina hate. Throughout the whole time we have seen her, the attitude she expressed was always good, she has a great smile and sure, there’s imperfections. Not the best dancer? Neither was Jordan Charley. From what I have seen on her IG, she is very well liked by her team mates. 

As far as SpastiKat and VK, flame away on those two. 😆

I know Kat is a WOC, so I don't mean any disrespect, but she should not have make it. She has no training, and there are other WOC coming into TC that could take her spot for sure. 

1 hour ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Thanks!

Yes I agree. I think McKenzie is very pretty and has a great look. She looks very different in her recent photos than she did in her time at Alabama.

771466DF-7ACB-4389-BE70-155682409DBA.jpeg

My daughter goes to Alabama, and one of the girls who danced with her was in her sorority. 

1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

I wonder if there will be a delay to training camp now as it came out this morning that a number of Cowboys players have recently tested positive to Covid-19 including Zeke. It's all over ESPN and the NFL network

Alabama has had several players test positive, as many other college teams. It makes you wonder if they will be able to have a football season, or if it will need to be delayed as well. 

• Useful 1

#TeamKat over here!

She has got more charisma and glamour in here little pinky than other DCC’s in their whole body.

If you are not frying your hair, you are not doing it right! 

18ED35AA-0164-43DA-958F-48E0A8F11DB1.thumb.jpeg.791a6a56e4ae638dc413478b22d3b24f.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

ooooh! Does this mean the current list is wrong or there are still 5 girls to find (bringing the TCC count up to 21)?

my current list of most likely potentials (keep in mind that we don't know if any even auditioned lol): 

Taylor Holbrook: taylorholbrook_

Ashlinn Maze: ashlinnmaze

Amelia Evans: _ameliaevans

Darian Lassiter: darianlassiter

Alora-Rose: alorarose

I'm thinking Amelia is one of the brunettes we have likely seen dance, and I'm hoping Darian is one of the black girls because she is gorggg. Taylor Holbrook and Ashlinn Maze have both previously been mentioned as potentials. DCC Hannah is following all of the confirmed TCC plus Darian, Ashlinn, Amelia, and Alora. Alora and Amelia are confirmed to have auditioned.

Yes I am for sure overthinking things but I am bored hahaha. And yes I have more potentials on my list if these are wrong but I think these are the most likely. 

Alora Rose just posted on her story that she’s heading to NYC, which is home for her (I think?). Maybe breaking her Florida quarantine to head home and start packing up her life?? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CmplxSimon said:

Why does someone need to “take her spot?” Isn’t that kind of what goes to the heart of the debate this country is having right now? That there are only a certain number of spots for black girls but not other girls? Why can’t Kat earned her spot back as well as any other black girls who earn their own spots? Why does it have to be an even swap? They are DANCERS, not “black girls.”

@admin I’m not looking to pick a fight, but I’ve made a commitment to speak out when I see people being treated differently solely based on color to help open eyes and hearts. 

You said it SO much better than I could have. It was bothering me as well.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

ooooh! Does this mean the current list is wrong or there are still 5 girls to find (bringing the TCC count up to 21)?

my current list of most likely potentials (keep in mind that we don't know if any even auditioned lol): 

Taylor Holbrook: taylorholbrook_

Ashlinn Maze: ashlinnmaze

Amelia Evans: _ameliaevans

Darian Lassiter: darianlassiter

Alora-Rose: alorarose

I'm thinking Amelia is one of the brunettes we have likely seen dance, and I'm hoping Darian is one of the black girls because she is gorggg. Taylor Holbrook and Ashlinn Maze have both previously been mentioned as potentials. DCC Hannah is following all of the confirmed TCC plus Darian, Ashlinn, Amelia, and Alora. Alora and Amelia are confirmed to have auditioned.

Yes I am for sure overthinking things but I am bored hahaha. And yes I have more potentials on my list if these are wrong but I think these are the most likely. 

2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Hmmm...you’re missing:

-2 more black girls (both have cheered in the NFL previously)

-1 girl has already been mentioned on this board 

-2 brunettes, one of which you’ve probably already seen dance 

A couple of conclusions:

• Darian fits the description because she was a former NBA dancer & NFL cheerleader, but who is the second WOC?
  • Amelia and Alora sure are brunettes

The "1 girl has been already been mentioned on this board" got me thinking: who has been mentioned on the boards???

Sarah Parton!!! @sarahraquel1_

• Love 3

Ok 1) If the conversation here is going off the rails, report it. Don’t tell each other what to do.

2) The conversation is kinda going off the rails. Audition speculation. That’s the topic.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

A couple of conclusions:

• Darian fits the description because she was a former NBA dancer & NFL cheerleader, but who is the second WOC?
  • Amelia and Alora sure are brunettes

The "1 girl has been already been mentioned on this board" got me thinking: who has been mentioned on the boards???

Sarah Parton!!! @sarahraquel1_

Considering that Sarah made a post about being a semifinalist I really think that if she was a TCC she would be shouting it from the rooftops. 

Edited by Kitkatkitty
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Duffer said:

Her parents have both been quoted on this thread. Stage parents? Seems like a risk to insert yourself into tcc #s and chitchat when your daughter is a rookie candidate. 

Being that Marissa is from NC, I have followed her closely.  I have observed two parents excited about their daughters success.  I have not seen them critique anyone, but support their daughter.  If it was my daughter, i would be reading forums and finding out as much information as I could....for her sanity and my own.  From what I have been able to find on the news and internet- Marissa is well rounded and I can’t wait for her to shine at training camp.  Her videos are as genuine as they come- we need more young people like Marissa- I for one hope she makes it all the way!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, loveaux said:

i'm 203948302948239% team Kat. nothing will ever change my mind on that lol

I love Kat! I love her personality. She comes across as the most genuine, down to earth DCC. I think she would make a great friend! 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, loveaux said:

i'm 203948302948239% team Kat. nothing will ever change my mind on that lol

I wasn't at first...but as I've listened and watched...I have jumped on the Kat train 🙂 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I wasn't at first...but as I've listened and watched...I have jumped on the Kat train 🙂 

Me too!  She may be untrained, but, she worked hard and looks like an amazing teammate!  

I love Kelcey and the fact that she is such good friends with Kelcey won me over.

Team Kat all the way!!!

• Love 17
18 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Ohhhh hmmm, with all due respect--- don't people say that when they're going to say something unkind... she does not have the DCC look as Kelly says, she looks more like the girl last night as opposed to the girl next door perhaps if she softens the makeup and tones her hair mind you i'm sitting here with hair that hasn't been washed in four days and no makeup... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Cute pic of DCC Kelcey with TCC's Jaycie and Claire W. Interestingly Kelcey cheered with Jaycie at ASU and then transferred to Nebraska where she cheered with Claire. Claire transferred from Nebraska to ASU and then cheered with Jaycie. All three have never been on the same team at the same time. 

IMG_2508 (1).jpg

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Cute pic of DCC Kelcey with TCC's Jaycie and Claire W. Interestingly Kelcey cheered with Jaycie at ASU and then transferred to Nebraska where she cheered with Claire. Claire transferred from Nebraska to ASU and then cheered with Jaycie. All three have never been on the same team at the same time. 

IMG_2508 (1).jpg

Wow that is wild!! What a small world.

• Love 6

IMG_2508 (1).jpg

You know what? Both are going to make it! Jaycie and Claire are both so strong!

• Love 6

Ok, I’ll play... what about Geena from Washington? We’ve seen her dance before on previous seasons. WOC, powerful dancer, great hair, great smile. Has she been on an NFL cheer team?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Ok, I’ll play... what about Geena from Washington? We’ve seen her dance before on previous seasons. WOC, powerful dancer, great hair, great smile. Has she been on an NFL cheer team?

Did some digging, looks like Geena made the Seattle Sea Gal's in 2016 but was never actually on the team? There is a picture of her in the announcement of the team, but not on the final roster or actually in uniform so maybe she had to drop out before the season or something. She then went to University of Washington where she cheered with TCC Dani and was a DCC finalist last year. I'd love her to be a TCC but I would be surprised if she is just based on her social media. 

image.png.727f015fd0782e7f75db6b0b7cd2ec3e.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Ohhhh hmmm, with all due respect--- don't people say that when they're going to say something unkind... she does not have the DCC look as Kelly says, she looks more like the girl last night as opposed to the girl next door perhaps if she softens the makeup and tones her hair mind you i'm sitting here with hair that hasn't been washed in four days and no makeup... 

She's got the figure Kelli likes. I agree, her looks could use some softening. If that's all her natural hair, she's lucky. It would be nice to see it all, one color with flattering highlights. She has striking eyes! I think they're lovely.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Hmmm...you’re missing:

-2 more black girls (both have cheered in the NFL previously)

-1 girl has already been mentioned on this board 

-2 brunettes, one of which you’ve probably already seen dance 

::::::wincing a little as I type this:::::: 

Malena?

(edited)

I thought last year or the year before that Malena said she would not reaudition? On that note, I am still butthurt that Auto Amy didn’t return. She would have been a great DCC. 

Kennedy reminds me of Heather O. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Amy and was rooting so hard for her. I'm still lowkey annoyed that Taryn was cut over Christina... 

I agree 110% with this! Amy would have been awesome...Taryn would have improved and gotten stronger.  I don't dislike Christina...but I think both Amy and Taryn were stronger than her.  🙂 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

You know what? Both are going to make it! Jaycie and Claire are both so strong!

I hope so...Jaycie has great technique and control and Claire seems like a total package.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pj3422 said:

Geena Rojas...and I don't know if she's ever cheered on another professional team or not.  I follow her on IG, but absolutely nothing has been posted on her page in ages (since December last year).  All of her pictures of dancing are from UW.  I love her look though! She is bright, bubbly, and absolutely adorable!! 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Busy said:

Is there a complete list on who made training camp?  Who retired? Who was cut?

Amy heather Bridget Alexis molly Miranda Christina and taylor p retired !! 29 vets are going to training camp 21 rookie hopefuls 16 have been identified 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I thought last year or the year before that Malena said she would not reaudition? On that note, I am still butthurt that Auto Amy didn’t return. She would have been a great DCC. 

Kennedy reminds me of Heather O. 

Malena didn’t audition.  Someone from Facebook asked her.

1 hour ago, itsweird said:

I guess UCLA Katy didn't reaudition? 😞  

No, which is surprising!

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Malena didn’t audition.  Someone from Facebook asked her.

No, which is surprising!

Yes it is surprising because by all accounts she was working towards reauditioning this year so I wonder what changed her mind?

I wonder what happened?

This was not meant to be about Malena, but about Katie! Sorry!! 🤦‍♀️

Edited by jlc
Wrong person!
  • Love 2

I'm glad Malena didn't reaudition, I hated how she was treated, and that she quit a good job to keep in training camp.     I don't think Kelli had any intention of ever putting her on the team.    I wish others would realize that putting your life on hold for years at a time isn't worth it.    Once Kelli doesn't want you on her team, you're never getting picked.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm glad Malena didn't reaudition, I hated how she was treated, and that she quit a good job to keep in training camp.     I don't think Kelli had any intention of ever putting her on the team.    I wish others would realize that putting your life on hold for years at a time isn't worth it.    Once Kelli doesn't want you on her team, you're never getting picked.  

How was she treated? I thought they always liked her, but unfortunately her dancing wasn't up to par.  Wasn't it said that Kelli wanted a bigger team that year in order to keep Malena and Victoria, but Charlotte said no it had to be 36? 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, UNC1997 said:

Being that Marissa is from NC, I have followed her closely.  I have observed two parents excited about their daughters success.  I have not seen them critique anyone, but support their daughter.  If it was my daughter, i would be reading forums and finding out as much information as I could....for her sanity and my own.  From what I have been able to find on the news and internet- Marissa is well rounded and I can’t wait for her to shine at training camp.  Her videos are as genuine as they come- we need more young people like Marissa- I for one hope she makes it all the way!! 

Totally agree with you, UNC1997. Looking through Marissa’s social media and watching a few of her videos... she is such a driven, talented young lady. NYC and now Dallas... and only 18. She’s my fave! Love her hair too! #teammarissa

Edited by DCC4EVAH20
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

How was she treated? I thought they always liked her, but unfortunately her dancing wasn't up to par.  Wasn't it said that Kelli wanted a bigger team that year in order to keep Malena and Victoria, but Charlotte said no it had to be 36? 

And then the next year it had to be 37 to allow Meredith on the squad???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

The first year, Malena was hauled in the office, and told Kelli she was quitting her full time job, at the college football program.      I think Kelli had already decided she wasn't keeping Malena, but she let her sit there in the office, saying she was going to quit her job and didn't say a word.     I'm betting that before training camp starts that Kelli has decided 90% of the cuts, and maybe even more than that.  

The next year I don't think there was any chance that Malena was going to make the team, but they selected her for show ratings, since she was such a likable person.     

It's not the right way to treat a person.   I really like Malena as a person, and think she's one of the TCC that I would really enjoy meeting in real life.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
(edited)

Here's a handy chart of the Vets who are going into TCC this year for reference and also because I am bored haha 2113627445_ScreenShot2020-06-16at7_58_11PM.thumb.jpg.5ec3b5f18b756876088cb7ead2a99207.jpg

I wish they'd announce when in person TC is going to be already.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The first year, Malena was hauled in the office, and told Kelli she was quitting her full time job, at the college football program.      I think Kelli had already decided she wasn't keeping Malena, but she let her sit there in the office, saying she was going to quit her job and didn't say a word.     The next year I don't think there was any chance that Malena was going to make the team, but they selected her for show ratings, since she was such a likable person.     

It's not the right way to treat a person.   

Can I just stress and remind everyone what Kelli's degree is. SHE HAS A SALES/MARKETING DEGREE, if my memory serves me right in remembering what it is. So you can see where she was going with Malena. I would have had cut her when Malena admitted during her first audition that she was the FIRST Jets cheerleader to have been benched the ENTIRE season. Sorry Malena there had been at least OVER 10 years of this show before you tried out, don't you watch tv? If not whats stopping her either buying it on amazon or itunes or recording it on cable (if she has cable) and then watch the routines (even tho we all know its not shown in full on the show) but she could've learnt some of it. Even if she didn't do that, HELLO MALENA YOUTUBE TUNDERSTRUCK and learn that at least ....... LOL

But we all know Kelli "loves" stringing people on, on the show. <coughs> Megan Flaherty

58 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think if Malena could have remembered at least ONE routine she would have been a shoe-in.  I think Kelli really gave her every opportunity she could.

But she wont remember one routine tho. She made a rookie mistake admitting she was benched by the Jets her 1 and only season with them (did she cheer more than 1 season with the Jets?)

56 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I too liked AmyAuto but DCC wasn’t her style but the NBA team ?Golden State let her shine with their style

The thing is Warriors was more Auto Amy style than DCC was for her.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I wish they'd announce when in person TC is going to be already.  Becoming quite put out with the states "gradual" reopenings.

They have to do certain things before they can get back into the studio 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Here's a handy chart of the Vets who are going into TCC this year for reference and also because I am bored haha 2113627445_ScreenShot2020-06-16at7_58_11PM.thumb.jpg.5ec3b5f18b756876088cb7ead2a99207.jpg

I'll never get used to seeing Victoria in a uniform lol. Not being rude, just my own personal bias ;).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5