Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 5/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Cheyanne, insta: cheyanneehays she is a current charger girl 

Anyone know if Cheyanne made it into TC?  Her instagram hasn't mentioned anything.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Here's a handy chart of the Vets who are going into TCC this year for reference and also because I am bored haha 2113627445_ScreenShot2020-06-16at7_58_11PM.thumb.jpg.5ec3b5f18b756876088cb7ead2a99207.jpg

Based on this, who are your predictions for first and second GL’s?

(edited)

Caroline, Amber seem like obvious choices for two Second GLs. 
Daphne, Rachel A, Cici, Ashlee are my guesses for the other two open slots. 

but what do I know, we’re not at the practices!  We just make this up based on who we like and what gets posted on social media!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 8

GL's- Maddie, Tess, Gina, Lexie

2nd GL's- if they are going based on seniority- Rachel A. & Savannah (I know Savannah is not one of the stronger dancer's, but I think she would have every right to not be happy if she doesn't get named as a 4 year vet).

I feel like Amber for sure, and possibly Hannah.  They both have been in show group the past 2 years.  I also say Hannah to be Tess's second leader, one because of her height and two she has already danced behind Tess after Gina got injured.  I have noticed that Kelly and Judy to like to be keep girls with some of the same people season after season.

Other girls that are possibilities, or at least dancing next to the 2nd GL's could be Ashlee, Caroline, Daphne and Rachel W.  I think other's would really have to step up there game to be in these position's.

At this point though, I'm just hoping they can start a Training Camp and have an NFL season!

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm going to throw in Taylor J as a possible 2GL. She seems well-liked by teammates and K&J, I'd liken her to Miranda in terms of what she offers the team.

However, I'd love to see Brennan and Briana get leadership spots too, both have worked their arses off to make the squad but they might be too busy to lead!

Edited by DCC-UK
Added to
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

Based on this, who are your predictions for first and second GL’s?

Maddie, Tess, Gina, Lexie

Savannah, Rachel A, Caroline, Ashlee

in that order in those pairings. I may or may not have spent wayyyyy too much time the other night writing out groups, triangle, and boot buddy lists 😂

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

Maddie, Tess, Gina, Lexie

Savannah, Rachel A, Caroline, Ashlee

in that order in those pairings. I may or may not have spent wayyyyy too much time the other night writing out groups, triangle, and boot buddy lists 😂

I think the triangle will be Maddie as point with Lexie and Tess behind her. I can see Gina filling out the diamond.  All four have at least dance part, if not all, of thunder in these positions. Plus, there are already pictures with those 3 in the triangle and I can see them reusing those photos for another year! I would think this even if everything was coming to a normal season, but even more so, with an upcoming season of uncertainty.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why is Savannah a contender for GL? This isn’t supposed to be just about seniority and she’s one of the softest dancers they have. Considering that there’s no chance they will demote a 2GL if she chooses to return (Heather was a very specific case), if she stays for a 5th year they will have to make her a GL. She’s not fit to lead a group as their point. I’d rather see the true standouts get their shot at triangle and leadership without factoring in seniority. We already lost Bridget too soon, we have a really strong 3rd years group and I want them to get their shot before they resign.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 17

I’ll throw this out there...Savannah might not be one of the strongest dancers in DCC style, but she might be a good leader and/or coach?  I assumed that was the deal with Amy, tho Amy is a better dancer than Savannah. Still never point material, but what’s done is done now. 

Last year was so weird. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I’ll throw this out there...Savannah might not be one of the strongest dancers in DCC style, but she might be a good leader and/or coach?  I assumed that was the deal with Amy, tho Amy is a better dancer than Savannah. Still never point material, but what’s done is done now. 

Last year was so weird. 

I think Savannah would be a more off-the-field leader, she's pretty mature and older than many of the girls. She's danced on two NFL squads and seems like someone you could talk to if you were unhappy or struggling. She knows what it's like to be slow to pick up choreography. I think she'd be easier to approach for support/problems than someone like Lexie (I always get a snooty vibe from her).

• Love 10

Dolphins are already doing virtual finals and boot camp.  With the virus cases going up here in Dallas it makes me wonder if DCC will be doing TC virtual?  I honestly think it would be fine since we all know Kelli has already picked the team. I am sure the girls that have been recruited will be the ones that make it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Dolphins are already doing virtual finals and boot camp.  With the virus cases going up here in Dallas it makes me wonder if DCC will be doing TC virtual?  I honestly think it would be fine since we all know Kelli has already picked the team. I am sure the girls that have been recruited will be the ones that make it.

They posted a video this morning of the message that was sent to the TCC, and it says “We’ll see you in July”

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

It also looks like they all got split up in groups and each group gets an alumni to work with 

• Useful 3

Savannah may not be the strongest dancer, however she does bring a lot to the table.  First, she will be going into her 7th season as an NFL cheerleader, which is the most of anyone I think currently as a DCC. With everything that has happened over the past few month's and since she is from a military family, I can see the DCC doing a lot of military appearances, or appearances in general, this upcoming season. They have used Savannah quite a bit with these appearances and I think that could play a factor into this upcoming season. She also seem's to be a good teammate and very approachable to anyone. She was also voted Rookie of the Year by her teammates.

I don't know if a lot of people thought they would have picked Alexis & Miranda over Molly and Rachel last year for 2 GL's, but they did.

I watched some MTT clip's from past season's and wanted to point something out.  I was watching the show group auditions from 2016- Maddie's & Tess's rookie season. When they showed the Vet's, one of the them completely faltered in her audition, failing to do flip's and not landing them. After watching that clip, you would think she would have been a vet that got cut during the next year's audition's. She wasn't cut and I could barely recognize, at first, who this vet was and then realized it was Kashara. The next season, she was 2nd GL, made show group, became a 1st leader after Erika left, became point and voted to represent the team at Pro Bowl, all in one season.

We only see very little over what happens over the course of TC and the season. Thing's can change over time and so can people.

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

They posted a video this morning of the message that was sent to the TCC, and it says “We’ll see you in July”

I saw that, I am glad they are so optimistic.  Hopefully the guys recover quickly so they can play.  I think it is very selfish of Kelli with what is going on to bring so many to Dallas that she knows are not going to make the team.  This is a year that she should put the girls first not the shows ratings.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I saw that, I am glad they are so optimistic.  Hopefully the guys recover quickly so they can play.  I think it is very selfish of Kelli with what is going on to bring so many to Dallas that she knows are not going to make the team.  This is a year that she should put the girls first not the shows ratings.  

If you look at the guidelines for shooting shows here don’t think it will happen 

(edited)
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

***Didn't know how to delete this, just saw the posts above... 

I just saw on DCC IG they announced training camp and said they'd see them in July. They also said MTT season 15 would be coming this fall... 

Edited by TB12
  • Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I think it is very selfish of Kelli with what is going on to bring so many to Dallas that she knows are not going to make the team.  This is a year that she should put the girls first not the shows ratings.  

In my opinion that's what they do every year.   I think all but one or two that will make the team are known to Kelli from day one of training camp.    I think the huge numbers they take to TC are just for ratings, and drama.   From what I read they used to take only a few to training camp before the filming started.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, whosadcc said:

Savannah may not be the strongest dancer, however she does bring a lot to the table.  First, she will be going into her 7th season as an NFL cheerleader, which is the most of anyone I think currently as a DCC. With everything that has happened over the past few month's and since she is from a military family, I can see the DCC doing a lot of military appearances, or appearances in general, this upcoming season. They have used Savannah quite a bit with these appearances and I think that could play a factor into this upcoming season. She also seem's to be a good teammate and very approachable to anyone. She was also voted Rookie of the Year by her teammates.

I don't know if a lot of people thought they would have picked Alexis & Miranda over Molly and Rachel last year for 2 GL's, but they did.

I watched some MTT clip's from past season's and wanted to point something out.  I was watching the show group auditions from 2016- Maddie's & Tess's rookie season. When they showed the Vet's, one of the them completely faltered in her audition, failing to do flip's and not landing them. After watching that clip, you would think she would have been a vet that got cut during the next year's audition's. She wasn't cut and I could barely recognize, at first, who this vet was and then realized it was Kashara. The next season, she was 2nd GL, made show group, became a 1st leader after Erika left, became point and voted to represent the team at Pro Bowl, all in one season.

We only see very little over what happens over the course of TC and the season. Thing's can change over time and so can people.

That clip always makes me giggle. "Don't do s**t you can't do."

I remember the 2016 year was the one where they show Heather O doing fouettes and she is awful too. 

I do think SG is now a case of adding slightly better than average dancers in rather than who's really the best of the best. However, these 2nd-going-into-3rd year vets could all pretty much be on SG! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, whosadcc said:

Danielle Barhold (the one who is basically Christina's boss at a recruitment firm) done 8 in total I believe maybe 9? She cheered 3 years as a Jet (if I remember correctly), I heard she also cheered 1 year in that team in new york (I cant remember the name but its the one that doesnt have a cheerleading team but they have an unofficial one, if that counts?) before cheering 5 years on DCC. I think shes the one that cheered more in total for NFL than Savannah so maybe another year or two and she will be. 

I know other nfl teams and other teams have cheerleaders who stay with them for 6-8 years . But I cannot name them because I cant remember who they are now. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Totally agreed but what are the chances of Kelli actually doing that? We all know she will bring them in person regardless. I wonder how much the plane tickets cost atm. I wonder as in whether they are more expensive or whether they are "cheaper" now because of covid19 and whether the airlines etc will do it cheaper to get the customers back etc.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In my opinion that's what they do every year.   I think all but one or two that will make the team are known to Kelli from day one of training camp.    I think the huge numbers they take to TC are just for ratings, and drama.   From what I read they used to take much fewer to training camp before the filming started.   

I think Shelly was the one who mentioned that, on these boards right? Something about how they take those who are pretty close to having the overall package and about 40 people they take in right? so its only a super small number of around 4 or 5 that they cut or is that the wrong number I remembered from the top of my head?

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why is Savannah a contender for GL? This isn’t supposed to be just about seniority and she’s one of the softest dancers they have. Considering that there’s no chance they will demote a 2GL if she chooses to return (Heather was a very specific case), if she stays for a 5th year they will have to make her a GL. She’s not fit to lead a group as their point. I’d rather see the true standouts get their shot at triangle and leadership without factoring in seniority. We already lost Bridget too soon, we have a really strong 3rd years group and I want them to get their shot before they resign.

It isn’t supposed to be about seniority, but it is. Otherwise Alexis and Miranda would never have been chosen as 2GLs last year. Sav and Rachel A are going to be 4th years; Kelli and Judy aren’t going to leave that on the table. All 3 4th years last year were group leaders, I don’t see them bucking that trend especially when they’re going to have to rely so much on experience to get them through this year with a truncated TC that could potentially be more virtual than they anticipate. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

It's going to be interesting.  I believe the CMT crew is small but the # of TCC's is not.  Filming will definitely be tricky and a lot of sanitizing will be going on.

Open Texas Checklist: Media Production

I wonder if they will split them up somehow like group 1 comes on Monday group 2 comes on Tuesday sort of thing. Or just do vet-only and rookie-only practices for a while since that cuts the number of girl in the room in half. I have seen a lot of girls in Texas start to attend in person dance classes so studios and things like that are starting to open up. Now, whether or not all of this is a good idea I have no clue but I'm guessing we will see a much bigger second wave soon that could shut things down again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I wonder if they will split them up somehow like group 1 comes on Monday group 2 comes on Tuesday sort of thing. Or just do vet-only and rookie-only practices for a while since that cuts the number of girl in the room in half. I have seen a lot of girls in Texas start to attend in person dance classes so studios and things like that are starting to open up. Now, whether or not all of this is a good idea I have no clue but I'm guessing we will see a much bigger second wave soon that could shut things down again. 

I'm fully expecting a second wave of the virus.  Have since the beginning. 

But to keep this on topic, I seriously doubt the girls will be wearing masks while dancing as hard as they do.  So how do they pull this off while following the proposed guidelines?  I work in the film industry and have seen a number of white papers circulating as to safe filming practices.  It's going to be a megillah to pull this off.  Just the set sanitizing alone is intense.  So this would be their rehearsal space, the locker room, the conference room where girls called into the office meet with K&J.

I really am curious to see how they pull this off.  @Kitkatkitty you may be correct in the idea of bringing the girls in shifts on various nights.

• Love 11
(edited)
12 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm fully expecting a second wave of the virus.  Have since the beginning. 

But to keep this on topic, I seriously doubt the girls will be wearing masks while dancing as hard as they do.  So how do they pull this off while following the proposed guidelines?  

Several classes have started back up in Dallas and I have not seen one person wearing a mask at them.  The Governor is asking everyone to wear a mask but it is not mandatory at this time.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In my opinion that's what they do every year.   I think all but one or two that will make the team are known to Kelli from day one of training camp.    I think the huge numbers they take to TC are just for ratings, and drama.   From what I read they used to take much fewer to training camp before the filming started.   

I try to look at it both ways - totally all in for the drama and ratings, absolutely. On the flip side, training camp is a three month long paid dance job. And if you make the team, it’s a year long paid dance job. If you have the time, funds and energy, especially for the younger girls that want to do this and go to school, there are worse things. 

I don’t get why on the bubble TCC quit excellent career jobs (Malena) but occasionally it does work out for them too (pharmaceutical sales rep Courtney.) I also don’t have that desire to perform, and that’s a big motivator for many. And for the TCC of today’s world, the Instagram exposure and money making benefits might be worth the gamble. Only takes 10k followers to shaft making good money and I know plenty of people with substantially less that still bring in a few bonus dollars as affiliates, etc. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Several classes have started back up in Dallas and I have not seen one person wearing a mask at them.  The Governor is asking everyone to wear a mask but it is not mandatory.  

It's the Texas filming guidelines following portion that made me bring up masks:

Face masks or fabric face coverings should always be worn by employers, employees, crew, cast (when not on camera) and contractors when on-set even when individuals are practicing social distancing.

 On camera talent, who are not able to wear a mask while performing, should wear a mask or face covering before and after they complete their performance. Performers may be subject to additional safety requirements pertaining to their trade organization or guild.

 If at any time an employee or contractor touches their face, nose, eyes, cell phone, door or any surface they have not sanitized, they should immediately rewash their hands with soap and water

I have no idea how much of this they plan to adhere to.  Only that it will be interesting and at times, a challenge.

• Useful 10

It makes me wonder if they will rework some of the dances.  Doing the kick line would not adhere to safe social distancing practices. So they might have to try and figure out something else.  If the team practices outside, they could potentially bring all the girls in and separate them into their groups on the field, almost how they do quarter changes. 

When doing groups this year, they should take into consideration those that are roommates or live close to one another, those who work together, or who are already good friends and that would go and visit each other all the time.  At least most of the girls would already be around one another.

Indoor practices will probably be split like other suggestions have said before, by group or by Vets and rookies.

I can see them doing temperature checks and if a girl does not feel well, they should be excused from practice and go and get tested.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Several classes have started back up in Dallas and I have not seen one person wearing a mask at them.  The Governor is asking everyone to wear a mask but it is not mandatory at this time.

Well bc to many people saying it’s against their rights 

• LOL 2
(edited)

I am loving a ton of these TCC: Alora, Claire W., Elli, Marissa (the new Amy?), Shannan (brunette + green/blue eyes? move over, Meredith), Sheridan, and I really hope Kennedy Jo made it. Jaycie needs a make-up makeover. 

Vets better be scared.

Edited by homelife
  • Love 6

Alora-Rose also posted her own confirmation on her stories today: IMG_2569-compressed.thumb.jpg.16ad37f155c922a454638d027b17f7c2.jpg

Only 4 more to find! I am increasingly convinced that Darian Lassiter, Ashlinn Maze, and Amelia Evans are also TCC but I am stuck on who the other black girl who was previously in the NFL is. 

• Love 1

I'm guessing Sydney/sixpacksyd on Instagram made training camp. Looks like Hannah followed her around the same time she followed the other TCC. Looks like she previously cheered for the ATL Falcons and was their pro bowl cheerleader this past year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, smashingpumpkins said:

I'm guessing Sydney/sixpacksyd on Instagram made training camp. Looks like Hannah followed her around the same time she followed the other TCC. Looks like she previously cheered for the ATL Falcons and was their pro bowl cheerleader this past year.

Darian also started following Sydney at the same time!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, smashingpumpkins said:

Considering she just graduated with her MS she might be up for a move to Dallas and I think she would be a great cheerleader. On the topic of natural/kinky hair I wonder what she auditioned with if she did since she has had many different hair styles in her NFL career:

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Alora-Rose also posted her own confirmation on her stories today: Only 4 more to find! I am increasingly convinced that Darian Lassiter, Ashlinn Maze, and Amelia Evans are also TCC but I am stuck on who the other black girl who was previously in the NFL is. 

36 minutes ago, smashingpumpkins said:

27 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Darian also started following Sydney at the same time!

If you consider the time frame the girls started following each other, and the fact that Hannah is following these girls, the chances of this all being a coincidence are really, really minute.

We can assume that these girls are the four missing:

1. Darian Lassiter
  2. Ashlinn Maze
  3. Amelia Evans
  4. Sydney Hawthorne

Thank you TexasLonghorn94, smashingpumpkins and Kitkatkitty

Edited by Pau84
name corrected
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, smashingpumpkins said:

Sydney is just gorgeous. Never have seen her dance and I know next to nothing about her, but she definitely has the look. I hope she has the poise and personality too. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I wish instead of the tiny, diaper like shorts, the DCC would switch to tights like the picture of Sydney shows (the Atlanta Falcons uniform I think).   Then it would be less chance of seeing Cash and Prizes.    And less problem with wedgies from shorts riding up, like Hannah's are always doing.           (Or are they leggings?  I'm not to up to date on fashion).    They could still have a top, and blouse the way they do now, but more updated.  Something like the dance tights wouldn't require alterations either.    

Maybe the DCC would be more comfy in something that's more athletic, and less revealing at the same time.

With Covid, maybe they'll be dancing in biohazard suits this year.  

I just hope that everyone gets a fair chance this training camp, with choosing the best DCC being the most important factor.   The new TCC look like a very talented group this year.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4