Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked. I'm way behind on everything except work. Kelli mentioned 30 Vets returning. Shouldn't it be 31?  37 last year minus 6 retired.  Did someone else retire?  Amy. Alexis. Bridget. Christina. Molly. Miranda. 

3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sheridan is there simply to give Kelli a “comeback story.” Poor thing spent two years on the Mavs but she VERY rarely got to dance. 

If that’s the case, I think she would have picked someone more recent (note no one from last year’s TC made it back). I think Sheridan has a real good chance. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, J-R said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked. I'm way behind on everything except work. Kelli mentioned 30 Vets returning. Shouldn't it be 31?  37 last year minus 6 retired.  Did someone else retire?  Amy. Alexis. Bridget. Christina. Molly. Miranda. 

apparently Taylor Pedersen retired as well

9 minutes ago, J-R said:

Heather retired as well 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Heather retired as well 

See...I'm behind.  😂As soon  I hit send I remembered Heather. Did Taylor P.

Also retire  as noted above?

Just now, J-R said:

See...I'm behind.  😂As soon  I hit send I remembered Heather. Did Taylor P.

Also retire  as noted above?

Yeah Taylor p as well she retired sometime between the time kelli said 30 were coming back and the time we found out a rookie from this season retired 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Are we 100% sure Bridget has retired cause her insta stories show her back in Dallas and at the Star

Yes she announced It on the podcast she did few weeks back and anyone can go to the star and shop play on the small field as well as eat at the restaurants

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Yes she announced It on the podcast she did few weeks back 

I wonder if she may be an all star then or if shes just back to visit and return her stuff

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jesiklyn said:

I wonder if she may be an all star then or if shes just back to visit and return her stuff

The star has a lot of restaurants and such that anyone can go into she could of been there having lunch at one of the restaurants 

10 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Shelly said there have been other pressing matters besides picking All Stars.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Ashlinn posted today!

02A62EC0-E191-4C45-A350-7939BB8402CA.jpeg

I know Kelli is a fan of this shade of blonde, but I wish they could start toning the barbie girl vibes down a little bit. It doesn’t look good, especially when the girl isn’t even a natural blond. 

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I feel bad for whatever rookie boot buddy she gets this year 

Eh, if she plays her cards right, she’s a shoo in just because they can’t upset VK by cutting her project!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Shan18 said:

Sorry I’m sure it’s posted here somewhere and I’m late to the game but we’re any vets cut for training camp?

They don’t come in til then 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DCCland said:

I’m sad Taylor p retired she was one of my fave rookies I wonder what happened since it came later. Does anyone know if shaina tcc from last year reauditioned?

Don't recall if it was mentioned here or one of the FB DCC pages. She was homesick and missed her boyfriend and family.

(edited)

I'm hoping the makeovers this year don't make every single blonde the same shade.    Whether it's just the fashion today, or maybe the TCC want the same thing, it's boring, and not flattering to all of the women. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 6/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, Holly85 said:

Kelli looks better with her hair down. Personally, I find shooting in your bedroom unprofessional, unless you live in a studio apartment or are staying in a hotel room. I would think Kelli has a big enough house that she would have some other room to shoot in. JMO

• Love 11

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I’ve searched everywhere I can think of and can’t find my answer. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what TPTB stands for?! Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Emchammy said:

I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I’ve searched everywhere I can think of and can’t find my answer. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what TPTB stands for?! Thank you! 

The Powers That Be 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Meleighsa said:

TPTB is officially an acronym for "The Powers That Be," but I prefer another version which I've seen quoted here a couple of times: "The People To Blame"

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

TPTB is officially an acronym for "The Powers That Be," but I prefer another version which I've seen quoted here a couple of times: "The People To Blame"

The People that B*tch😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Kelli looks better with her hair down. Personally, I find shooting in your bedroom unprofessional, unless you live in a studio apartment or are staying in a hotel room. I would think Kelli has a big enough house that she would have some other room to shoot in. JMO

Thank you. My thoughts exactly!! The lady on Home and Family shoots in her bedroom too. It drives me crazy.

2 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

The people to blame is how I always read it in my mind!! Lol

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DCCland said:

I’m sad Taylor p retired she was one of my fave rookies I wonder what happened since it came later. Does anyone know if shaina tcc from last year reauditioned?

Shaina did not.  Enjoying her life in southern Louisiana.

• Love 7
On 6/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, cgloss said:

Well, now I’m starting to dislike her. 

Let the record reflect I had a weird vibe with her parents’ comments on social media. 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 6/17/2020 at 5:25 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing that Alora-Rose's kicks won't be an issue.

Sydney looks wonderful with her natural hair.   Maybe Kelli will finally realize that natural hair will look great.     

This is speculation, but that may not be Sydney’s natural hair. It is a natural style, but not necessarily hers. I remember Robin wore a curly style, but it was a weave or braids.  If this isn’t her hair (again, speculation), it’s most likely a wig. 

There has been a fair amount of talk here about  WOC and “natural” hair, but even that may have it’s limits. I definitely get the impression that not all natural hair would be acceptable.

Now that I think of it, I may remember her from UGA. I’m a season ticket holder for their gymnastics team and I think she was a member of the Dance Dawgs.

• Useful 2

Ok so I'm pretty into this hair talk, my hair is very curly like Maddie's and I would not want to straighten it every day just to be on a dance team so I'm all for natural hair. Someone pointed out that DCC really relies on hair flips for a lot of their choreography so I think that they would accept curly/kinky/natural hair as long as it was long enough to have the kind of movement that they like which does make some hair types or styles unacceptable to them. I've always wondered if anyone would want to dance with box braids or another long braid style or if it would be painful to do hair flips with a style like that.

I had kinda assumed that this was Sydney's natural hair and that the rest was either wigs or weaves or something:

At this length, she might be ok for hair flips. What I think is interesting is that she clearly switched up her hair a lot while on the Falcons, but the DCC make the girls stick with pretty much one "look" for an entire season. I wonder what hair style they will choose as her look for this year (if she is a TCC). Kat has had a little bit more freedom with her look than the other girls as she had like 3 different wigs during makeovers I think but even she kept with the same very blonde one until the season was over. She has been posting more pictures without a wig and I wonder if she would consider changing it up for this year.

Possible TCC Darian has a private instagram but she posts pictures 50% with curly hair and 50% with straight, her twin sister Devon usually wears her hair curly so it might be their natural curl pattern that Darian chooses to straighten. I think this type of curl would be DCC accepted since it is similar to other past curly DCC (Darian on the right):

TCC Jada has posted pictures with short curly hair before, but in her announcement post she has clearly either grown her hair out and straightened/relaxed it or gotten extensions or something to get the DCC "look"

TCC Armani has pretty much exclusively posted pictures with a weave or extensions until recently so she might be trying to transition to natural hair:

Amanda, Cianna, and Maddie are the girls with curly hair on the team right now and they all have pretty much the same curl type. I think adding some other curl types would add visual interest to the team but the DCC want their girls to be different flavors of the same look so I would be disappointed but not surprised if all of these girls had long wavy hair after makeovers. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Marissa has an Instagram story highlight called “DCC prep” with all of her saved prep videos. 

8079AC61-08CE-4B79-93D0-290BA3E5F6D5.jpeg

The more I see of Marissa, the less I like her.  Just not a fan of her look or dancing at all.

• Love 12
On 6/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Girls Instagram handles for reference

Confirmed TCC:

• Marissa Garrison: themarissagarrison
  • Kelly Long: kellylongg
  • Claire Wolford: clairewolford
  • Jaycie Seta: jaycie_seta
  • Jada McLean: jadaboo0203
  • Dani McGinnis: danimcginnis
  • Jessica Bowman: jbo97
  • Tori Skillings: toriskillings (private)
  • Elli DiGiovanni: ellidigiovanni
  • Armani Latimer: ac_latimer
  • Sheridan McDowell: sheridangracemcdowell
  • Annabelle Afzali: annabellieeee
  • Claire Doolin: whoop_claire_it_is
  • Shannan Slattery: shannanslattery (private)
  • Cassie Schroeder: cassieschroeder (private)
  • McKenzie Sherman: mckenziesherman
  • Alora-Rose Morgan: alorarose
  • Ashlinn Maze: ashlinnmaze

Likely TCC:

• Amelia Evans: _ameliaevans 
  • Darian Lassiter: darianlassiter (private)
  • Sydney Hawthorne: sixpacksyd

Alora Rose's insta is now private.

After looking at these profiles, I noticed a lot of girls have what TPTB might call provocative. I wonder how much that will actually play into their decisions this year. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Duffer said:

Let the record reflect I had a weird vibe with her parents’ comments on social media. 😉

Laughing so hard, let the record reflect... i'm already over her, pathetic I know but I gravitate toward the humble kind & she doesn't strike me as that... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, StarWarner said:

Alora Rose's insta is now private.

After looking at these profiles, I noticed a lot of girls have what TPTB might call provocative. I wonder how much that will actually play into their decisions this year. 

The DCC organization must have someone who can hack into these girls SM accounts. and find these pictures. They found out with other girls; Brandi K, Karrisa, and Ika. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

The DCC organization must have someone who can hack into these girls SM accounts. and find these pictures. They found out with other girls; Brandi K, Karrisa, and Ika. 

I seem to remember that Kelli said that, even if your profile is private, if your picture gets posted to an account that ISN'T private, they can click on the picture and it could take them to your profile and they can look around.  I could be wrong about that.

• Love 1

A lot of the girls this year do not have the DCC look so many look fake or trashy.  Cassie has my vote, she looks natural.  Have no idea if she can dance but does it really matter as long as they can pick up the DCC style?  I like her Instagram she has pix with lots of friends.  Seems like so many of the girls just have pix of themselves.  

• Love 5

I think on the podcast about auditions I saw that in the application they had to list their social media. The DCC organization has for sure already seen all of these girl's instagram photos and still invited them to camp. I was in a sorority and all members had to be followed by a specific account that would warn you if you posted something they didn't like (ex. shotgunning a beer in sorority letters). I would bet money that the girls are not only told that they must post certain pics at certain times but that they can be given warnings for pictures that aren't on brand.

They may have decided that the pictures were all right or were outweighed by dance ability, or Alora-Rose and maybe some others will be TCC sacrifices to teach the others not to post like that. 

• Love 3

Just popping in to see what's new... or what's old.. has training camp be able to be moved to an offsite location  or outside  , but staying 6 feet apart since places are now opening up ?  

1 minute ago, sATL said:

Just popping in to see what's new... or what's old.. has training camp be able to be moved to an offsite location  or outside  , but staying 6 feet apart since places are now opening up ?  

Training camp hasn’t started yet 

Yeah I don't get any full of herself vibes from Marissa, I do get pageant girl vibes like Kat and Rachel W have that can be off-putting to some. I think she seems very young and very excited and I personally like her energy.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dance4life23 said:

So I have followed Marissa for several years (mostly through pageants) and I have seen her perform in person and interact in person many, many times.

and I just have to say....

She is probably the sweetest, most humble, beautifully talented person I have ever seen in real life.  When she was a state queen, she was very much loved and especially by little girls and teens her age.  

She’s extremely accomplished for her age but you would never know it talking to her in person.  She is as real as they come.  She had a friend die and she does this talent show every year to raise money for organ donation.  Like when I say you are gonna love her when you actually see her on tv.....you will see what I mean.  She comes from an extremely small town in NC and she has this big family that is very close and kinda quirky.  

im rooting for her 100%.  She would make an amazing ambassador for DCC.

I think she is adorable (but haven't seen her dance).  She reminds me of Buffy on Family Affair - jus wholesome.  Yes, I am old.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 6/20/2020 at 12:03 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the makeovers this year don't make every single blonde the same shade.    Whether it's just the fashion today, or maybe the TCC want the same thing, it's boring, and not flattering to all of the women. 

I like Marshall and I don’t know how much input he gets, but seems like since they’ve been using his salon all the cuts and colors are cookie cutter. I wish he would speak up more.

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I like Marshall and I don’t know how much input he gets, but seems like since they’ve been using his salon all the cuts and colors are cookie cutter. I wish he would speak up more.

Marshall may be fine with the same cut on everyone, and the same shade on the blondes.    What I hate is that all of the blondes have such similar hair color, and cuts that if you lined them up, and looked at the back of their hair, then I can't tell them apart.  

I suspect that since Marshall's salon offers makeovers, that a lot of the TCC go for at least a consultation before they go to tryouts.    I bet a lot of them have makeovers for auditions, so they'll have the right look for DCC.   

Since they only need 7 rookies, and brought 21 to camp, I'm hoping that they didn't bring Alora, and Sydney just to cut them for ratings.  (For the photos, and because Sydney does seem to have a booty, which Kelly doesn't want in her uniform)   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Dance4life23 said:

So I have followed Marissa for several years (mostly through pageants) and I have seen her perform in person and interact in person many, many times.

and I just have to say....

She is probably the sweetest, most humble, beautifully talented person I have ever seen in real life.  When she was a state queen, she was very much loved and especially by little girls and teens her age.  

She’s extremely accomplished for her age but you would never know it talking to her in person.  She is as real as they come.  She had a friend die and she does this talent show every year to raise money for organ donation.  Like when I say you are gonna love her when you actually see her on tv.....you will see what I mean.  She comes from an extremely small town in NC and she has this big family that is very close and kinda quirky.  

im rooting for her 100%.  She would make an amazing ambassador for DCC.

I really like Marissa and I'm glad to know she's a sweet, real person. I'm excited to see more when MTT starts. 

• Love 3