Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

But Courtney didn't make both TCC and that job work tho. If I remember correctly she quit the job saying it was a little too hard in terms of doing both because sometimes she was rushing between her last client and 

You’re exactly right! I prob just bungled my wording. Both quit excellent careers in hard to get into fields because they couldn’t manage both their positions and training camp. Huge risk, but Courtney At least made the squad. 

We’ve seen other career gals manage both, but Malena and Courtney’s jobs really stood out to me and I was surprised that they quit them. They both said they moved to Dallas to be a DCC, but still. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, kalibean said:

You’re exactly right! I prob just bungled my wording. Both quit excellent careers in hard to get into fields because they couldn’t manage both their positions and training camp. Huge risk, but Courtney At least made the squad. 

We’ve seen other career gals manage both, but Malena and Courtney’s jobs really stood out to me and I was surprised that they quit them. They both said they moved to Dallas to be a DCC, but still. 

I think in Malena's case it was the fact that it would clash, once football started and she would be forced to keep her "well paying" job with the university or a part time job at DCC and she chose DCC because she thought thats what she wanted but she was stupid to have done that because she should've worked out she wouldn't have been kept on the team because of her memory, I mean the fact the Jets let her on the team and then benched her the whole season was a rookie mistake (on Jets part) and she should've known that no other team would do what the Jets did because of her memory, she should be happy and glad she got at least 1 year (or however long she was with Jets). I think Kelli was lenient to Malena for her former employer. I mean how many former Jets became DCCS that we know of? Danielle, Jasmine, Savannah and Tara (did I miss someone?)

As for Courtney, her job was a travelling job. So I think that was hard because she can't control where she would be day to day in terms of clients esp the last client of the day before she needs to get to practise. Whilst if she had "non moving/travelling" office she could at least guarantee what time she finishes work and the amount of time needed to get from that to tcc. I think thats the difference between Malena/Courtney and the others. that have full time job. 

There are (for example) people like Jackie bob and Colin who both were RN and worked in a plastic surgeon office (Jackie got Collin a job at her work), I think Collin might still be a RN. They both made it work because their office was the same place and they didn't have to be a travelling sales person like Courtney. 

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I wonder what TPTB think about Alora-Rose's instagram pictures and dance resume. As well as being a Rockette she has been a burlesque dancer and danced for Ultra where she is essentially a go-go dancer for music events. I personally have no problem with these pictures and I think she is beautiful and a good dancer but I have a feeling Kelli and Co might not like them as they are not really girl next door. I would hate if they made her move to Texas during a pandemic just to cut her as an example to the other girls. Especially since they have likely already looked at her social media.

I thought she would be a shoe-in cause Kelly would love saying they have a former rockette on the team but now with these pictures 🤔

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, UK-Fan said:

I think in Malena's case it was the fact that it would clash, once football started and she would be forced to keep her "well paying" job with the university or a part time job at DCC and she chose DCC because she thought thats what she wanted but she was stupid to have done that because she should've worked out she wouldn't have been kept on the team because of her memory, I mean the fact the Jets let her on the team and then benched her the whole season was a rookie mistake (on Jets part) and she should've known that no other team would do what the Jets did because of her memory, she should be happy and glad she got at least 1 year (or however long she was with Jets). I think Kelli was lenient to Malena for her former employer. I mean how many former Jets became DCCS that we know of? Danielle, Jasmine, Savannah and Tara (did I miss someone?)

As for Courtney, her job was a travelling job. So I think that was hard because she can't control where she would be day to day in terms of clients esp the last client f the day before she needs to get to practise. Whilst if she had "non moving/travelling" office she could at least guarantee the amount of time needed to get from that to tcc. I think thats the difference between Malena/Courtney and the others. that have full time job. 

There are (for example) people like Jackie bob and Colin who both were RN and worked in a plastic surgeon office (Jackie got Collin a job at her work), I think Collin might still be a RN. They both made it work because their office was the same place and they didn't have to be a travelling sales person like Courtney. 

Lauren was also a nurse while dcc, nursing seems to be a pretty common profession along with teaching for the girls

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I thought she would be a shoe-in cause Kelly would love saying they have a former rockette on the team but now with these pictures 🤔

Yeah. Everyone knows you can only take half-naked pictures for the Cowboys. 🙂

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

There are (for example) people like Jackie bob and Colin who both were RN and worked in a plastic surgeon office (Jackie got Collin a job at her work), I think Collin might still be a RN.

Jackie's not an RN, she was (is?) office manager.

• Love 2

Lauren also stopped working during TC and started back once the schedule stabilized. That said, depending on the nursing position, they can have VERY flexible hours. Colin and Jackie (in a support role) worked for a DCC friendly private practice, a dermatologist IIRC.  I have friends that work two days a week as RNs and some that seem to work 24/7. So many specialties and ways to use that degree! I know so many have been laid off or furloughed as so many health services deemed not critical this year tho, very tough for everyone. 

The demands of training camp are pretty intense, so it doesn’t surprise me that few career peeps can make it work. And less older cheerleaders than we tend to see on other squads too. You have to deal with a huge time commitment, a lot of BS plus cameras all in your face to be a DCC, and that’s not going to appeal to everyone. 

• Love 5
On 6/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, Tinydancerxo28 said:

GL: Maddie, Tess, Gina and Lexie

2 GL: Rachel A, Savannah, Caroline, Amber. 

Group Leaders:  (I think these are a given) Maddie, Tess, Gina and Lexie

2nds: I'm tossing Brennan in the pot.  Other than that.... I can see Ashlee, Caroline and Rachel A.  These weren't  my original 2nd leader selections but I'm adding Brennan because she is a solid dancer and has the maturity to handle 2nd leader ... IF it's something she even wants.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Group Leaders:  (I think these are a given) Maddie, Tess, Gina and Lexie

2nds: I'm tossing Brennan in the pot.  Other than that.... I can see Ashlee, Caroline and Rachel A.  These weren't  my original 2nd leader selections but I'm adding Brennan because she is a solid dancer and has the maturity to handle 2nd leader ... IF it's something she even wants.  

I really want to see Amber as a 2GL

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

GL: Maddie, Tess, Gina and Lexie

2 GL: Rachel A, Savannah, Caroline, Amber.

I agree that the GLs are pretty much a lock, unless something major happens, considering they're the only returning GLs/2GLs. For 2GL, I'm guessing Rachel A, Caroline, and Amber for sure. Rachel A will be a fourth year and was on show group this past year, Caroline has seemed to be a choreographer's favorite and has some of the best technique on the team, and Amber has been on show group both years. All three also seem very mature and well-liked by their teammates. I think the fourth 2GL spot is kind of up in the air. If they want seniority, they'll go with Savannah, but she is one of their weaker dancers, despite being a wonderful ambassador. Out of the GLs, only Gina stands out as a power dancer (to me at least), so I feel like they might want really strong dancers as 2GLs. With that, I could see them going for either Hannah or Rachel W. Hannah is the only other third year who has been a show group member every year, and Rachel W has gotten to be pretty strong this past year. Also looking at the triangle, Rachel W and Hannah were pretty far up, so TPTB seem to like their styles.

First post ever!

• Love 21
14 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I wonder what TPTB think about Alora-Rose's instagram pictures and dance resume. As well as being a Rockette she has been a burlesque dancer and danced for Ultra where she is essentially a go-go dancer for music events. I personally have no problem with these pictures and I think she is beautiful and a good dancer but I have a feeling Kelli and Co might not like them as they are not really girl next door. I would hate if they made her move to Texas during a pandemic just to cut her as an example to the other girls. Especially since they have likely already looked at her social media.

Again... if people watch the show and know girls get cut for these types of photos ... even if they're professional ... get it off of your page. 🤦🏻‍♀️I can see these killing her chances regardless of her dance skills.  Although, she could have been taken to TC as an easy cut ... who knows🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 7
(edited)

That harness thing is kind of revealing, but compared to the DCC uniform it's not that bad.   Let's face it, girl next door hasn't been their real appeal for a long time, more like barely dressed, huge hooters woman next door.  

Compared to some of the extremely small swimsuits they're photographed in, it's not that different.  Especially when they're pulling the bottoms down, or barely have anything on.  

I hope they didn't pick Sydney just to cut her because her fantastic body won't fit their uniform.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That harness thing is kind of revealing, but compared to the DCC uniform it's not that bad.   Let's face it, girl next door hasn't been their real appeal for a long time, more like barely dressed, huge hooters woman next door.  

Compared to some of the extremely small swimsuits they're photographed in, it's not that different. 

I agree its not that different, but historically TPTB have cut girls for "revealing" photos like these ones so its possible that they will cut her for them. Its also possible that they have already seen them and decided that they were ok.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Jessica Allison was a Jets cheerleader for 1 season.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Compared to some of the extremely small swimsuits they're photographed in, it's not that different. 

and let's not forget that one Belk fashion show attire either!

While tacky, it seems to me those outfits are costumes for her dance job(s), not something she picked out to head to a concert or night on the town, maybe that's the difference for TPTB? 

• Love 4

Thought I would post another one of her pix in case they have her delete them (which I doubt that she would be willing to do).  I am surprised they would want a girl that dances for Ultra.  That is really cool that she did that though.  Fun.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Thought I would post another one of her pix in case they have her delete them (which I doubt that she would be willing to do).  I am surprised they would want a girl that dances for Ultra.  That is really cool that she did that though.  Fun.  

What is Ultra?

19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My money is on Sheridan.  I hope she makes it!

Me too!!! I loved her last time she was in training camp! #teamSheridan 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

What is Ultra?

A music festival that is worldwide in 20 countries.  looks like Alora went to several different countries to dance with them.  She was probably a backup dancer and got to travel the world.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I wasn’t a big Victoria fan year 1, but in her second attempt she came back a stronger dancer, confident and it great shape. I feel she earned her boots year 2 but so many can’t get past how she was the first year. Many think she is on the squad due to her relationship with Kelli but I don’t feel that way because she was cut her first year. I like her and have had some very nice conversations with her on IG. She even sent my granddaughter  a photo since she knew she was a fan and I thought that was very special thing to do. 

Eh, not to stir up drama again, but the point is exactly that: no other girl would ever be invited back after that disastrous season. So yes, whether she came back stronger or not, it doesn’t even matter because she only got a 2nd shot thanks to her relationship with the boss.

19 hours ago, ByTor said:

If she was misquoted, I hope she can explain it to Kelli, she has chewed out many TCCs for things they put out to the public, as well as for being presumptuous.

Yeah that’s the main issue with that. It doesn’t matter whether she was misquoted or you know, it’s normal to be excited. Kelli doesn’t want her girls to show any kind of ambition or make her think that they’re using dcc as a stepping stone. Which well makes sense for professional jobs, but if you think that shaking it up in underwear should be a woman’s only ambition in life, then you need to get your head checked.

19 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Oh wow. I wonder if they have seen those? I agree, she is beautiful but Kelli may question it.

You bring up a big point about moving during a pandemic. It’s going to be challenging for the girls that get cut, for sure.

Yeah those pictures are interesting. I don’t see how Kelli would be happy with them and I doubt they didn’t check social media. If they’re planning to use her as an easy cut/lesson for the other girls well... i’ll be nice and say I hope they reconsider. It’s not the best time to move people around needlessly. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:
8 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Bingo.

It’s not the best time to move people around needlessly. 

Especially since there are girls that are already living in Dallas that they will more than likely put on the team.  This is not the year to be flying girls to Dallas other than Kelli wants to have a lot of girls for the show to cut.  Drama Queen Kelli.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Especially since there are girls that are already living in Dallas that they will more than likely put on the team.  This is not the year to be flying girls to Dallas other than Kelli wants to have a lot of girls for the show to cut.  Drama Queen Kelli.  

This is not the year for drama 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Jessica Allison was a Jets cheerleader for 1 season.

Which one was she? Is she the one that is now a makeup artist with the instagram gorefxjess (or whatever her insta handle is?)

11 hours ago, ByTor said:

Jackie's not an RN, she was (is?) office manager.

Really? On the show she was in scrubs saying she was the plastic surgeon assistant.

21 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Really? On the show she was in scrubs saying she was the plastic surgeon assistant.

This is from her LinkedIn.  

image.thumb.png.f31a88edab90bf95d010dc9b13909087.png

• Love 2

Can anyone tell me anything about Cassie - a possible TCC? Last name? IG name? I'm trying to look these potential TCC's up on IG and can't find anything on her. Thanks!

Just now, Tarode said:

Can anyone tell me anything about Cassie - a possible TCC? Last name? IG name? I'm trying to look these potential TCC's up on IG and can't find anything on her. Thanks!

Cassie Schroeder, her instagram is private (cassieschroeder). She was a USC Song Girl and thats pretty much all I know about her since her social media is private. She commented on another girl's TCC post about how excited she was to meet everybody or something like that which confirmed her as a TCC.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This is from her LinkedIn.  

image.thumb.png.f31a88edab90bf95d010dc9b13909087.png

Thank you. Didn't realise Jackie wasn't a RN (thought you had to be one to do what she was doing) and that those were her duties

• Love 1

Girls Instagram handles for reference

Confirmed TCC:

• Marissa Garrison: themarissagarrison
  • Kelly Long: kellylongg
  • Claire Wolford: clairewolford
  • Jaycie Seta: jaycie_seta
  • Jada McLean: jadaboo0203
  • Dani McGinnis: danimcginnis
  • Jessica Bowman: jbo97
  • Tori Skillings: toriskillings (private)
  • Elli DiGiovanni: ellidigiovanni
  • Armani Latimer: ac_latimer
  • Sheridan McDowell: sheridangracemcdowell
  • Annabelle Afzali: annabellieeee
  • Claire Doolin: whoop_claire_it_is
  • Shannan Slattery: shannanslattery (private)
  • Cassie Schroeder: cassieschroeder (private)
  • McKenzie Sherman: mckenziesherman
  • Alora-Rose Morgan: alorarose
  • Ashlinn Maze: ashlinnmaze

Likely TCC:

• Amelia Evans: _ameliaevans 
  • Darian Lassiter: darianlassiter (private)
  • Sydney Hawthorne: sixpacksyd
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Which girls already live in Dallas? Is it just Sheridan, Tori, and Amelia?

Jessica kelly long as well 

Edited by Holly85
2 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Girls Instagram handles for reference

Confirmed TCC:

• Marissa Garrison: themarissagarrison
  • Kelly Long: kellylongg
  • Claire Wolford: clairewolford
  • Jaycie Seta: jaycie_seta
  • Jada McLean: jadaboo0203
  • Dani McGinnis: danimcginnis
  • Jessica Bowman: jbo97
  • Tori Skillings: toriskillings (private)
  • Elli DiGiovanni: ellidigiovanni
  • Armani Latimer: ac_latimer
  • Sheridan McDowell: sheridangracemcdowell
  • Annabelle Afzali: annabellieeee
  • Claire Doolin: whoop_claire_it_is
  • Shannan Slattery: shannanslattery (private)
  • Cassie Schroeder: cassieschroeder (private)
  • McKenzie Sherman: mckenziesherman
  • Alora-Rose Morgan: alorarose
  • Ashlinn Maze: ashlinnmaze

Likely TCC:

• Amelia Evans: _ameliaevans
  • Darian Lassiter: darianlassiter (private)s
  • Sydney Hawthorne: sixpacksyd

oooooh NICE. We should make a separate post for this I think. Would be good to see them all in one place without being lost in all the posts. Thanks so much for this 🙂

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sheridan is there simply to give Kelli a “comeback story.” Poor thing spent two years on the Mavs but she VERY rarely got to dance. 

Like Kathryn Dunn?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lona said:

oooooh NICE. We should make a separate post for this I think. Would be good to see them all in one place without being lost in all the posts. Thanks so much for this 🙂

We've tried to do that before with other lists, but then everyone starts commenting and it gets pushed down in the thread.  If there was a way to post it and shut off comments????

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sheridan is there simply to give Kelli a “comeback story.” Poor thing spent two years on the Mavs but she VERY rarely got to dance. 

To be fair, I feel like she did get much more powerful and stronger after she was in TC though. She's a pretty cute, poppy dancer. She's always smiling and is much more interesting than Lilly 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

P.s I actually like Lilly as a person and it would be sad if she got cut because she's so close to some of the girls but she is pretty vanilla. 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, Cruisegirl said:

I wasn’t a big Victoria fan year 1, but in her second attempt she came back a stronger dancer, confident and it great shape. I feel she earned her boots year 2 but so many can’t get past how she was the first year. Many think she is on the squad due to her relationship with Kelli but I don’t feel that way because she was cut her first year. I like her and have had some very nice conversations with her on IG. She even sent my granddaughter  a photo since she knew she was a fan and I thought that was very special thing to do. 

I’m not sure I will ever feel she truly earned her way on the team.  She fell over into the Pom-Poms along the side of the dance area.  Kelli just giggled and said “Victoria!”  Anyone else would have made the blooper reel.   Maybe she will earn her stay, but she didn’t earn her way on.

Edited by MssdDrms
Misspelled
  • Love 16
(edited)
23 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

I’m not sure I will ever feel she truly earned her way on the team.  She fell over into the Pom-Poms along the side of the dance area.  Kelli just giggled and said “Victoria!”  Anyone else would have made the blooper reel.   Maybe she will earn her stay, but she didn’t earn her way on.

If she weren’t the daughter of Kelli’s best friend, she wouldn’t have ever made it. That is openly acknowledged by people behind the scenes. She would have made it first year (she was promised a spot), but her massive weight gain made that impossible. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

If she weren’t the daughter of Kelli’s best friend, she wouldn’t have ever made it. That is openly acknowledged by people behind the scenes. 

I feel bad for whatever rookie boot buddy she gets this year 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I feel bad for whatever rookie boot buddy she gets this year 

And with the pandemic, would they still consider bringing a TCC into their home?

Edited by scorpio1031