Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I follow ohmymegann_ on instagram. Used to be a dallas stars ice girl and always posts about dreaming since she was little about being a DCC. She's been going to classes so I think it's safe to assume she'll be auditioning

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, karendlt said:

I follow ohmymegann_ on instagram. Used to be a dallas stars ice girl and always posts about dreaming since she was little about being a DCC. She's been going to classes so I think it's safe to assume she'll be auditioning

She's currently on the Allen American Ice Angels. I hope she's grown up since she didn't handle her cut from DCC finals very well.

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope she's grown up since she didn't handle her cut from DCC finals very well.

What did she do?

Here she is at KaShara's prep class in the white top.  She seems to be keeping up with Ashlee, but the gal behind her needs to use those long legs!!

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, omgtv said:

And then I think she came onto the boards?? Does that sound familiar?  Anyway-- she looks great in that video!!!!!!! 

She did...she basically agreed that her behavior wasn't the best.  She totally redeemed herself as far as I'm concerned.  I'd love to see her on the squad!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Here is your thread to discuss/speculate on who may be auditioning for the 2020-2021 DCC squad.

Do we include current cheerleaders in this discussion or is the discussion on if they'll reaudition to be in the "Current" thread?

I REALLY want Madeline S. to re-audition as well as Shaina and Bret.  However, Shaina may not want to come back with how she was treated.  I hope that Breanna Arredondo tries out again and actually makes it past Semis.  How/why she doesn't is a total mystery as she is gorgeous and a much better dancer than most of the girls in Finals/Training Camp last year.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Do we include current cheerleaders in this discussion or is the discussion on if they'll reaudition to be in the "Current" thread?

All current DCC discussion can remain in the Current DCC thread 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

When is the written test given?  Maybe that's the reason some of these girls don't make it to TC/the team

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the written test is part of Finals and given around the same time.  I seem to remember the Veterans having to do it too and that, in one season, Kelli handed back the written tests and some of the veterans did NOT score well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the written test is part of Finals and given around the same time.  I seem to remember the Veterans having to do it too and that, in one season, Kelli handed back the written tests and some of the veterans did NOT score well.

In one season...their placement in the room for the first meeting was based on their score with the lowest scoring ones being on the front row and there was a veteran down there.  Kelli wasn't pleased about that. 

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So, moving the list over from the current threads - last year's TCC's that were cut:

Gina Marie

Ashlee

Bret

Julia

Shaina

Madeline S

Alexandra

Lauren

I would like to see Shaina, Madeline and Lauren re-audition.  I think Bret is beautiful, but doesn't she have a chronic condition that people kept saying that they couldn't understand why she would risk her body for this? 

• Love 1

Okay, so besides Megan Erickson (ohmymegann_ on IG that was discussed earlier) and Katy Shaffer (UCLA Katie from auditions last year, katy.shaffy on IG), I have several categories of people I'm following on IG now, having found them in some of the DCC sponsored classes, as well as Jen Amburn's and Sarah Idziak's.

Likely Reauditioners

Gina Marie Campagna, 2019 TCC (ginamariecampagna)

Brittany LoGrasso, 2019 Auditions (brittlograsso)

Brianna Shea, 2019 Finals (brianna_shea_)

Alexa May, 2019 Finals (alexamay17)

Likely Auditioning (no evidence on IG of ever auditioning before)

Melanie Parker (melpark111)

Danielle Gerritzen (daniellegerritzen)

Ryan Wayne (rashelbs_78)

Maybe Auditioning? (lots of class videos, but nothing super convincing)

Cayla Williams (cayladeeanne)

Jourdan Blight (jourdan_blight)

Trinity Miles (ttmiles17)

Morgan Jones (mojojojo_jones)

Brylee Brandt (bryleebrandt)

Sabrina Peng (sabripenggg)

Likely Not Auditioning

Kelly Porazzo (kellyporazzo) - now living in Vegas, enrolled in UNLV law school

Abbigail Quick (abbi_dance) - taking class, wants to wait til after college to audition

Julia Fife, 2019 TCC (juliafife) - no Insta posts since Nov, story 3d ago dancing in Austin

Anyone have others they've found?

• Useful 7
47 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Okay, so besides Megan Erickson (ohmymegann_ on IG that was discussed earlier) and Katy Shaffer (UCLA Katie from auditions last year, katy.shaffy on IG), I have several categories of people I'm following on IG now, having found them in some of the DCC sponsored classes, as well as Jen Amburn's and Sarah Idziak's.

Likely Reauditioners

Gina Marie Campagna, 2019 TCC (ginamariecampagna)

Brittany LoGrasso, 2019 Auditions (brittlograsso)

Brianna Shea, 2019 Finals (brianna_shea_)

Alexa May, 2019 Finals (alexamay17)

Likely Auditioning (no evidence on IG of ever auditioning before)

Melanie Parker (melpark111)

Danielle Gerritzen (daniellegerritzen)

Ryan Wayne (rashelbs_78)

Maybe Auditioning? (lots of class videos, but nothing super convincing)

Cayla Williams (cayladeeanne)

Jourdan Blight (jourdan_blight)

Trinity Miles (ttmiles17)

Morgan Jones (mojojojo_jones)

Brylee Brandt (bryleebrandt)

Sabrina Peng (sabripenggg)

Likely Not Auditioning

Kelly Porazzo (kellyporazzo) - now living in Vegas, enrolled in UNLV law school

Abbigail Quick (abbi_dance) - taking class, wants to wait til after college to audition

Julia Fife, 2019 TCC (juliafife) - no Insta posts since Nov, story 3d ago dancing in Austin

Anyone have others they've found?

Sarah Parton is another one who has been going to prep classes 

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Her technique is great! I just watched a video she posted and her leaps were amazing as was her control.  If she auditions (which I hope she does) she will definitely be one to watch! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Her technique is great! I just watched a video she posted and her leaps were amazing as was her control.  If she auditions (which I hope she does) she will definitely be one to watch! 

The one next to her in the blue top is Danielle g

• Useful 1

I'm starting to lean towards this being a really small retiring group.  That being said....if they get some super talented dancers in this year, there are some blenders and weak links on the team that could definitely be cut risks.  I know I've said that before, but figured I'd add it on the appropriate thread 🙂  I hate to see a vet cut, regardless of whether I care for them or not, but I think the risk will truly be there if they get a large group of awesome rookie potentials.  Heather and Caroline were at the UDA finals as part of the recruiting team, and from what I watched of those finals, there are girls there that can dance the boots off of almost any girl currently on the team.  Will they audition?  Probably not...but it will definitely make it interesting if some of them do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, dreamcatcher said:

I definitely want to see Lacey back, but I don’t get why she never gets past finals. She’s much better than half of the team imo...

I know!! I love her...she's spunky and she's a good, solid dancer 🙂 I think she would be a good ambassador, as well. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Do you have her IG?

32 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I definitely want to see Lacey back, but I don’t get why she never gets past finals. She’s much better than half of the team imo...

Who is Lacey?

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I liked what I saw in Danielle's videos as well... Will be interesting to see if they audition 🙂 I'm hoping they do!!

Danielle is a little messy for me, but I love her power. Hopefully these classes will help clean her up a lil bit. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Do you have her IG?

Who is Lacey?

Danielle is a little messy for me, but I love her power. Hopefully these classes will help clean her up a lil bit. 

Sarahparton_ 

lacey danced for the rams when they were in Missouri she’s tried out for dcc twice 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Do you have her IG?

Who is Lacey?

Lacey is @laceyjean17

she's auditioned a few times but never made it past finals.  I'm hoping for another shot for her.

Danielle is a little messy, I agree, but I like her power and her look 🙂 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Lacey is @laceyjean17

she's auditioned a few times but never made it past finals.  I'm hoping for another shot for her.

I really like her, but it seems like Charlotte really didn't like her look. Kelly seemed to think they could cover her "muscular shoulders" with the blouse, but the other judges didn't seem convinced.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Sarahparton_ 

lacey danced for the rams when they were in Missouri she’s tried out for dcc twice 

Sarah’s leaps are to DIE for, holy crap. And her turns are good too! Yes please. 

13 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I really like her, but it seems like Charlotte really didn't like her look. Kelly seemed to think they could cover her "muscular shoulders" with the blouse, but the other judges didn't seem convinced.

After watching Lacey, my only thought is - whyyy did she not make TCC? Girl has the power and style, and I don’t think she’s any more muscular than someone like Lisa... that’s some BS. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm almost positive that she said she was not trying out again after not making it to TC last year.  I agree, I think she's a great dancer and I love her look, but she seemed like she was ready to move on.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm hoping Katy Shaffer (katy.shaffy) auditions again.  She made it to finals last year. She graduated from UCLA  and if I remember correctly, was a teammate of Daphne's, although I'd argue she's a better dancer than Daphne.

20200204_140148.jpg

• Love 11
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I'm almost positive that she said she was not trying out again after not making it to TC last year.  I agree, I think she's a great dancer and I love her look, but she seemed like she was ready to move on.  

Too bad, she would have been great 😞 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, dccdancefan said:

I'm hoping Katy Shaffer (katy.shaffy) auditions again.  She made it to finals last year. She graduated from UCLA  and if I remember correctly, was a teammate of Daphne's, although I'd argue she's a better dancer than Daphne.

Yes! I know she's been mentioned several times, I think almost everyone is in agreement that she should audition again. And yes, she took over from Daphne as captain if I understood correctly. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I wonder if Hannah (the road_to_DCC girl) will re-audition.  Her Instagram under that name is gone and she seems to have fallen off the social media map.

And the one who will be trying out for her 8th time I think it is - but I can't remember her name.  

2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I’ve always wondered why they didn’t specify that a requirement for trying out was eye high kicks.  Over & over we see low kicks are a deal breaker.

No kidding! High kicks, and all the way down in the splits with arms in the air, so there can be no cheating. Then they don’t go to finals without those skills. Think of all the grief that would save the girls, plus Kelli and Judy! If they aren’t ready, they work on it and come back next year. Training camp is not long enough to develop flexibility where there is none. It just gets their hopes up, and then they still end up getting cut. Sad!

I also wonder how many girls move up from "you aren’t top 36 in the room" to actually making it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DCC fan said:

High kicks, and all the way down in the splits with arms in the air, so there can be no cheating. Then they don’t go to finals without those skills. Think of all the grief that would save the girls, plus Kelli and Judy! If they aren’t ready, they work on it and come back next year. Training camp is not long enough to develop flexibility where there is none. It just gets their hopes up, and then they still end up getting cut. Sad!

This is so right!     It would make for  fewer cuts, and the TCC would be actual candidates to make the team, and not just extra people to make the TV show more interesting.     Actually, they should have them do kicks and splits for the first round, and anyone who can't get that right doesn't get called back.            I think it will be interesting to see how many slots are open this year.      There are so many excellent candidates, and I'm hoping it a great year for tryouts, and the team.  

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This is so right!     It would make for  fewer cuts, and the TCC would be actual candidates to make the team, and not just extra people to make the TV show more interesting.     Actually, they should have them do kicks and splits for the first round, and anyone who can't get that right doesn't get called back.            I think it will be interesting to see how many slots are open this year.      There are so many excellent candidates, and I'm hoping it a great year for tryouts, and the team.  

Yes, this is so true! Have the ladies submit a 20 second video of their kicks and a split with their application. Save so much time, effort and heartache. Weed them out before inviting them to tryout. 

Such a big production having a couple to few hundred ladies descending on them. Or, is there an application fee associated with tryout that boosters funds for the squad?! 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Or, is there an application fee associated with tryout that boosters funds for the squad?! 

I wondered that, too. May be why there are hundreds less auditioning than when the show first started?

20 hours ago, dccdancefan said:

As a non-native speaker of English, does this mean that you think Daphne is a better dancer than Katy? Or the other way round? I think it’s the first but idk 🙃

36 minutes ago, DaphJin said:

As a non-native speaker of English, does this mean that you think Daphne is a better dancer than Katy? Or the other way round? I think it’s the first but idk 🙃

Katy is a better dancer than Daphne

• Love 4