Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I can't imagine getting an automatic slot into TC...so much can change in a year.  Perhaps she'll jump straight to finals, though, and skip the first two rounds.  I've personally gained enough weight during COVID that I wouldn't have fit into last season's uniform!  LOL.  (But crying on the inside.)

I do like that Stephanie's studio seems to be taped into six foot spaces.  They probably do a fever check and waive them through.  Masks in addition to the space would be ideal, though, especially given sweat and such flying around.  She does always say that if she doesn't make them drenched with sweat like they just got out of the shower, she hasn't done her job!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Carnival Girl said:

If you go on her IG account she has an odd message under her graduation photo about things not going as planned. It’s to long to post so look under this photo. I’m  not going with the idea she tested positive for Covid but it’s something else life changing 

86D7886B-AFEA-4A9D-A257-3C567963C7BB.jpeg

I have a lot of friends who were seniors in college this year and most of them went home for spring break and were not allowed to return to campus to finish their senior year due to covid. They did not get to walk at a graduation, have senior photos with friends, attend big graduation parties, say goodbye to their college friends, or dance at their last college games. Maybe its because I've seen so many similar posts from friends expressing their sadness about ending college but I really think this is simply about finishing senior year during a pandemic.

As for the "unforeseen circumstances" that she refers to in her post about leaving training camp, the only thing I could think of that might excuse her this year and get her a spot next year would be covid. No girl in the history of the show has been able to defer their training camp eligibility for any reason and I really think that if that was an option for all the TCC this year we would see at least a few others do the same. I do wonder if some vets will also have to defer until next year for the same reason. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Carnival Girl said:

If you go on her IG account she has an odd message under her graduation photo about things not going as planned. It’s to long to post so look under this photo. I’m  not going with the idea she tested positive for Covid but it’s something else life changing 

If Jaycie Seta writes on June 11th that ‘things are not going as planned’ and drops out of TC on the 4th of August due to ‘unforseen events’, these unforseen events cannot have any relation to things not going as planned. Things not going as planned = not unforseen.

In a post of April 2 she states that she has a discouraging and heartbreaking end of her college career (due to Covid-19, an online ceremony) and I think this is what Jaycie is referring to when she writes about things not going as planned.

I cannot understand why Kelli would let Jaycie could jump straight into TC next year, thus creating such an exception.

That exception is really hard to explain.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

If Jaycie Seta writes on June 11th that ‘things are not going as planned’ and drops out of TC on the 4th of August due to ‘unforseen events’, these unforseen events cannot have any relation to things not going as planned. Things not going as planned = not unforseen.

In a post of April 2 she states that she has a discouraging and heartbreaking end of her college career (due to Covid-19, an online ceremony) and I think this is what Jaycie is referring to when she writes about things not going as planned.

I cannot understand why Kelli would let Jaycie could jump straight into TC next year, thus creating such an exception.

That exception is really hard to explain.

I really don’t know and still thinks it’s more,  but honestly I applaud her for doing what she needs to as opposed to coming to Texas for TC. That shows maturity and strength, something a few of the rookies need. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Jada

Beautiful dancer, but I can't help but think she reminds me of Brennan her first year a little bit, particularly in the hip hop number. She gets the choreography but there isn't much passion or emotion behind the moves, and any facials she has look choreographed into the music. It could just be the songs though - I didn't love them or the choreography and maybe with the faster and sharper DCC style she'll do better. Small question on power, though I think she'll be okay.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

My first thought was that she tested positive for COVID-19.  She could be asymptomatic.  Thats the only reason I could see TPTB allow her to go straight into TC next year.  Anyone else would have to reaudition.  

Or maybe she was exposed to Covid through a family member 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Laughing at the two photos of Robin to show "diversity"

Lydia Dawkins

@lydsorlegs_

Before trying out for this team, I was told that Mrs.Fife needed more black girls. The year prior to me making the team, there were 2 black girls. Ever since, I had wondered if I had made it on the team because my talent or was it because of my color?

smiley

@lex444lex

Finally calling out Strutters publicly for its discrimination towards black women has been my proudest moment. Thank you to those who are doing the same and to those who are supporting us. We love you.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Laughing at the two photos of Robin to show "diversity"

LOL, for sure! I was like "why Robin twice"???

ETA: Now I'm wondering. Maybe it was just what they had on hand? But then surely there would be more WOC to show, right? Heck, they could've used Ashlee, Briana or Kat. Or what about Chandi???

Edited by Lona
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Hopefully TPTB address Jaycie being offered an automatic spot in next years TC on this upcoming season.

I hope they do too! I don't wanna have to wait a year to find out. Because I can absolutely see them giving her an automatic spot into finals as a consolation but not TC. Alot can change  in a year. She could gain weight, or start slacking off on her dancing, or get a really great job and not audition...or the worse could happen..she pulls a Kalyssa!  

1 hour ago, Lona said:

LOL, for sure! I was like "why Robin twice"???

ETA: Now I'm wondering. Maybe it was just what they had on hand? But then surely there would be more WOC to show, right? Heck, they could've used Ashlee, Briana or Kat. Or what about Chandi???

Hahaha it's possible someone REALLY likes Robin! I don't blame them! But in all seriousness, I think it could of been an innocent oversight by the person Kelli and Judy left in charge of organizing/decorating the rooms. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

But in all seriousness, I think it could of been an innocent oversight by the person Kelli and Judy left in charge of organizing/decorating the rooms.

Oh, absolutely! Didn't mean to infer anything nefarious ;). Haha, I guess I'm just feeling a bit snarky with comments since it's a day off work for me! 😂

• LOL 2
On 8/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, SmpIsimon said:

Her technique is terrible, and the fact she doesn't realize how badly these videos demonstrate that is just sad.

I wonder if she looks at other dancers doing the exact same routine as posted a few pages back and think she’s better or even as good as any of those other dancers. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

I wonder if she looks at other dancers doing the exact same routine as posted a few pages back and think she’s better or even as good as any of those other dancers. 

Oh yes, she’s told other girls on the team that she had to decide between being a DCC or working as a professional dancer in NY or LA. She’s been told for years that she’s amazing, and she actually believes it. 

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Oh yes, she’s told other girls on the team that she had to decide between being a DCC or working as a professional dancer in NY or LA. She’s been told for years that she’s amazing, and she actually believes it. 

Yeah, cause the SYTYCD audition went so well:)

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Like her mother would ever let her go to NY or LA, but I wish she would try and try and try and try and try bc she'd fail every time and be freed crap from get mother that they just don't like her or someone else paid or slept their way to the job

• Love 2

Hoping everyone stays safe and healthy! Do I understand correctly that there will be 49 ladies total in camp? 20 rookies and 29 vets? And a regular team of 36? It will be very interesting to see how they come to their cut decisions so much more quickly. Given the circumstances, I think it's good that the rookies don't have to be in limbo for 8-10 weeks wondering if they're going to make the team.

Jacey was one of my favorites, too--beautiful dancer. I, too, am intrigued about the conditions of her deferral! A lot of different kinds of programs are doing that, though, so I do think that a global pandemic counts as extreme enough circumstances to warrant unusual considerations that go beyond typical operational procedures.

Can't wait to see the new ladies dancing and which vets rise to the top in such a competitive year! My latest group leader and 2nd predictions: Maddie (ugh), Tess, Gina, Lexie for GL; Caroline, Daphne, Ashlee, Amber 2GL.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Hahaha it's possible someone REALLY likes Robin! I don't blame them! But in all seriousness, I think it could of been an innocent oversight by the person Kelli and Judy left in charge of organizing/decorating the rooms. 

I get the impression that all Black girls look the same to TPTB. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not surprised.  Victoria strikes me as someone who believes that everything will go their way and that she doesn't have to work for it because it will be handed to her.  The people around her have done her a HUGE disservice because if they had taught her all the usual things like discipline, resilience, and humility, she might be better then she is.  In a way, I wish she WOULD go to New York or LA and find out what the reality is.

41 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, cause the SYTYCD audition went so well:)

Wasn't she talking that up like she was going to be on the show then all of sudden she pivots back to the DCC and never speaks of SYTYCD again?

36 minutes ago, CailynA said:

Like her mother would ever let her go to NY or LA, but I wish she would try and try and try and try and try bc she'd fail every time and be freed crap from get mother that they just don't like her or someone else paid or slept their way to the job

Victoria SHOULD go to New York or Los Angeles to find out the realities of the dance world.  If she does, I hope that she's not allowed to have her family there with her.  She can Skype, Facetime, chat, whatever with them, but they wouldn't be allowed to actually physically be there.  That would be a HUGE shock for her and one I don't think she would be able to handle.  Add in that she would not be immediately successful without people smoothing the way for her. . . I can just hear the excuses now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Pic from today's Training Camp:  Are the veterans not participating in Training Camp right now?  All I've seen them post is pics of rookies

They start next week...

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Pic from today's Training Camp:  Are the veterans not participating in Training Camp right now?  All I've seen them post is pics of rookies

Whichever girl is in the front near Kelli looks to be struggling a little with the split.  I see KaShara is also leading the TCCs.

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Carnival Girl said:

Doesn;t sound weird to me. To me it seems to me she was offered a job to work with current or ex convicts. If I understood her post properly. I used to work in a hostel where all the residents are ex convicts. It was hard work for me. Hard work because I never worked with current or ex convicts and I wasn't allowed or given any training and had to dive in the deep end and also learnt how not to run a business. If I am correct then that maybe why she had to drop out because there is no way she could make that work with cheerleading (well there wasn't anyway from when I used to work with the ex convicts anyway so no idea if its the same/similar situation in the usa). It maybe the similar way in how retired Lauren was able and allowed to go on calendar shoots but could not feature in the calendar due to management rules etc, every site is different even if it is the same compnay/business etc.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I can see one easy cut in that photo.

Whoever the girl is up next to Kash isnt touching the ground in her splits. Surely that's an easy bye for TPTB. Esp when everyone else in the photo is to the ground 

• Love 2

Also interesting to see all the girls wearing masks, surprised yay, but disappointed that Kelly and Judy arent.

However just saw the boomerang and see the masks didnt last past warm-up 😕

Bonus- whoever the girl is with super curly brown hair, in the front of the group in the boomerang looks awesome with lots of pop.

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Love 4

I wonder how Kelli and Judy are judging facial expressions while the girls dance?  I still think using a mask is the best things, but I know how much Kelli and Judy focus on facials too, not just their dancing.

7 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I wonder how Kelli and Judy are judging facial expressions while the girls dance?  I still think using a mask is the best things, but I know how much Kelli and Judy focus on facials too, not just their dancing.

That does make sense, but still annoys me, since the dancing is going to cause the heavy breathing that's a problem. Seems like they should have invested in those clear masks I've seen, so the girls (and Judy and Kelly and staff) are all protected, but they can see their mouths.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Katmcc said:

I listened to Melissa Rycroft’s podcast and she said she was concerned that people who had full time jobs and needed to work may not come back. I wonder if we will see that play out. 

Or they choose to leave their jobs and lose their health insurance to go to TC. I wonder if the cowboys will cover their medical expenses if they get sick during tc? Or just cut them?!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Also interesting to see all the girls wearing masks, surprised yay, but disappointed that Kelly and Judy arent.

Bonus- whoever the girl is with super curly brown hair, in the front of the group in the boomerang looks awesome with lots of pop.

I believe that girl is Armani. I see what you mean. You can already tell she's got some sass. And looks like she came rocking her natural hair! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MeeMee2 said:

I believe that girl is Armani. I see what you mean. You can already tell she's got some sass. And looks like she came rocking her natural hair! 

Some people on facebook were saying Jada? Whoever she needs to be on whatever version of the team they have this year.

Edited by Jesiklyn
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MeeMee2 said:

The hard hitting natural hair rocking girl is Sydney Hawthorne!

She has sass in spades!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

The hard hitting natural hair rocking girl is Sydney Hawthorne!

She has sass in spades!

I totally thought it was Sydney too till I saw Armani's last insta post with her extensions out. I believe Sydney added hers back in for TC. I was hoping she wasn't going to. 

Screenshot_20200805-014505.png

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

Sad because K & J mask would protect the girls so apparently they don’t care about them. Yet the girls are wearing masks to protect K & J. 

• Love 1