Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

And Tess 

Agreed! Tess is beautiful...but she is so boring. (almost as boring as Amy but not quite).  There are several I'd like to see retire...but it doesn't appear that's going to happen 😛

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The new Dallas Dancers will be preforming at the Mavericks games starting in March.  They will be more of a hip hop team with male and female dancers coached by Stephanie Di Biase.

Raven is on the new Dallas Dancers team and she is thinking about auditioning again for DCC.  She was the girl who was late to DCC auditions last year and got cut.  DCC Tara is also on the new team.

Are any of the former dmds on the new team ? 

12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The new Dallas Dancers will be preforming at the Mavericks games starting in March.  They will be more of a hip hop team with male and female dancers coached by Stephanie Di Biase.

Raven is on the new Dallas Dancers team and she is thinking about auditioning again for DCC.  She was the girl who was late to DCC auditions last year and got cut.  DCC Tara is also on the new team.

You mean Tara from NY? I love her!!!

On 2/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, PepperM said:

Thanks for this! Hadn't found her yet. Just judging by how much space she has, it does look like a smaller class. 

This girl is not ready for DCC!!! She's cute, but doesn't have the dance power or ability. Just my opinion.

• Love 3
On 2/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, PreMadonna said:

Does anyone know if Cassidy Kay (former DCRB) will be trying out again this year? I always liked the dance videos she posted on IG, but there haven’t been any lately. I think she made finals for the last two years and was on Rangerettes with Amber. 

Cassidy is BFFs with Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs QB)girlfriend Brittany Matthews. (I’m a Chiefs fan and live in KC)  I saw a post from a while back, it may have been her “it wasn’t my year post” with Jackson Mahomes (Patrick’s younger brother) telling her she should do Chiefs cheer this year. Not sure if she would consider that.

I know she flies up here pretty frequently to hang out with Jackson and Brittany. She also accompanied them to the Chiefs victory parade and has been to several games and repoed at Mahomes Jersey. Not sure how TPTB would feel about her close friendship with another team’s QB and star player at that. 

She has been posting hip hop videos recently. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, aubshart said:

Cassidy is BFFs with Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs QB)girlfriend Brittany Matthews. (I’m a Chiefs fan and live in KC)  I saw a post from a while back, it may have been her “it wasn’t my year post” with Jackson Mahomes (Patrick’s younger brother) telling her she should do Chiefs cheer this year. Not sure if she would consider that.

I know she flies up here pretty frequently to hang out with Jackson and Brittany. She also accompanied them to the Chiefs victory parade and has been to several games and repoed at Mahomes Jersey. Not sure how TPTB would feel about her close friendship with another team’s QB and star player at that. 

Well she looks rather ridiculous in the one video she posted where she has her shirt half on and half off.  I can't get a feel on the dancing for the empty shirt arm flapping in the wind.  The other video is meh...If she does audition again, I just don't see her making it. 

On 2/24/2020 at 12:28 PM, Maven said:

DCC dance assistants--I know I said "over my dead body" to Jenn Amburn eventually replacing Judy; Jenn always came across to me as kind of snooty. But after watching past seasons more (thanks to the cruel person on this site to alerted me to Pluto TV, ha), Jenn has grown on me. I can see why Judy has named her her "right hand man."

Not for nothing, Jenn was 2nd leader group in her 2nd year as DCC, i mean K and J saw something in her, she has what it takes to be a leader, i know she is kinda snooty, but she's so professional.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, sATL said:

has anyone heard are they or are they not coming back next season

Last I heard Brianna wasn’t sure if she was or not !! I’m sure Lisa is 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2020 at 4:19 AM, aubshart said:

As much as I love the DCC, the Chiefs Cheerleaders are just as good, and they have a ton of class. Much more mature squad members, who are out of college and have jobs etc. She couldn't go wrong either way.

• Love 9

Oh, goodness.  The Chiefs are my team and I'm happily living back in Kansas City now, but their cheerleaders are not nearly as strong as the DCC.  Any time they dance to "Thunder" I cringe.  Given the Hunt family is from Dallas, and how close Sydney is with the family, maybe they should be, or maybe that's something that they're working towards...

They're certainly great on appearances, and they are definitely more mature, well rounded, etc.  But the dance talent isn't fully developed across the entire squad.  Honestly, I'm okay with that.  The DCC attract the talent they do because of the opportunities involved.  It's very visible, has a reality show attached, pays better (even if the pay is laughable), etc.  I'm sure a handful try out because they just love the Cowboys, but that's not the norm.

I've had several friends that were Chiefs cheerleaders (Seagals too) out of high school or college and they loved the opportunity, but it truly was a part time job and not a low paid dance job with lots of perks.

• Love 7
On 2/27/2020 at 6:22 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Are there any pics/social media posts about this new team yet? I didn’t see anything on Stephanie’s IG

• Love 2

Thoughts on Sarah Idziak’s class last weekend? Most of the more likely hopefuls we’ve talked about were there it seemed, but I was not a fan of the choreography, and it felt like most of them did not quite get the Latin flavor right. I think Ali Floyd was my favorite but  she’s still a little too harsh in some of the more poppy moments. 

• Love 3
On 3/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, PepperM said:

Thoughts on Sarah Idziak’s class last weekend? Most of the more likely hopefuls we’ve talked about were there it seemed, but I was not a fan of the choreography, and it felt like most of them did not quite get the Latin flavor right. I think Ali Floyd was my favorite but  she’s still a little too harsh in some of the more poppy moments. 

I like her, but she needs to smile and act like she's having fun or she will never make it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I always find it amusing when they say "I do not own rights to this music."  Like anyone thought they did.  Or it would protect them from copyright infringement issues.  In fact, that would be a good question for candidates--do you know what copyright means.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's an updated article from when I posted it.  Sounds like a mess still.

Yea huge mess! Sounds like they’re trying to put together way too many random things and it’s not going to be cohesive at all. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Reminds me of Kelli q - looks older, needs a hair makeover, but she can dance.

She reminds me of Taylor P, looks very orange and has a really high hairline. Maybe a fringe would help? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I always find it amusing when they say "I do not own rights to this music."  Like anyone thought they did.  Or it would protect them from copyright infringement issues.  In fact, that would be a good question for candidates--do you know what copyright means.

Big pet peeve of mine!  It’s pretty clear very few have any idea about copyright or intellectual property rights.  And then they get so upset when Instagram removes posts!  

On another note, I see Malena was at another prep class. Hopefully she just enjoys dancing and isn’t planning to try out. 

• Love 5
On 3/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, PepperM said:

I think she dances well. My only advice would be for her to not look at the ground so much. That drives Kelli crazy. Just look forward, smile big, and dance like you’re having a blast!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 12:58 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Here she is at Jenn K’s class

The girl right behind her in teal leggings is former TCC Lindsay from TCU who was cut right?

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/i1kpq0/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-the-bar-is-higher

She was cut two years ago, in season 13 of the show. Does anyone know if she auditioned last year? I don’t remember seeing her. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 1
(edited)

Anyone know if this girl, Shannon is auditioning again? She said last year it was her 9th or 10th time. She is or was a USA cheerleader

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
On 2/29/2020 at 4:47 PM, Holly85 said:

Last I heard Brianna wasn’t sure if she was or not !! I’m sure Lisa is 

Is Brennan thinking about not coming back??? I like her alot!

(edited)
On 2/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, DCC-UK said:

Thinking of all the rookies:

Amanda - one of the strongest dancers on the team, no chance of being cut

Chandi - looks like she's lost some sparkle in prep classes so hopefully she finds her power again

Kat - could be seen as an ambassador risk, obviously not the strongest dancer

Kelcey - another strong dancer and well liked by teammates

Kristin - looks much better in prep classes, a year on the team has allowed her to improve, might need to watch weight though

Lily - clearly adored by teammates but not the strongest dancer, could be at risk if she doesn't step up

Lisa - powerful dancer but not well liked, also has a short and muscular body type and they have a track record of getting cut at finals (Heather H, Allie)

Meredith - still looks like a dance risk in videos from the season, seems to do a lot of appearances though!

Taylor P - solid dancer but doesn't have the best stamina, has also looked heavy throughout the season

VK - no comment!

I actually don't think any vets will get cut. If they're not strong dancers, they're great ambassadors for the team (i.e. Savannah, Miranda). I think Kat and Taylor P might get cut. Kelli fought to get Meredith on the team so I doubt she'd cut her. Lisa is besties with VK too so unlikely to get cut. 

Very long time lurker but 1st just now posting (once I figured it out,  but forgive my technology disability) I do not see VK getting 'cut'...  btw I am SO anti VK , but not so much about her as a peraon6, but that the blatant favoritism is undeniable. I've never met her, as she might quite possibly be a great person, idk. But one of my main questions is that if TK is KF bff, and a true bff, I dont think a TRUE friend would/should put tht much pressure on KF to put VK on the team. Just my 2cents for whatever that may/may not be worth! Btw, love this forum!!!

Edited by dccstar7
Typo error
  • Love 7
On 3/6/2020 at 8:20 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Reminds me of Kelli q - looks older, needs a hair makeover, but she can dance.

She can dance like a DCC, but again, she needs to smile and relax her facials. She's too serious. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

The girl right behind her in teal leggings is former TCC Lindsay from TCU who was cut right?

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/i1kpq0/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-the-bar-is-higher

She was cut two years ago, in season 13 of the show. Does anyone know if she auditioned last year? I don’t remember seeing her. 

She did not audition again and I don’t think that her in the video. She recently got engaged I believe. 

5 hours ago, KatieC said:

She did not audition again and I don’t think that her in the video. She recently got engaged I believe. 

Yeah you are right about her being engaged for sure! Saw on her insta. Side note, very good looking happy couple 🙃

But if this is not her, Lindsay has an identical twin in dcc prep class...

6B4D63FD-DA92-43D9-8341-37A0D6333A4E.jpeg

• Love 6
11 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Yeah you are right about her being engaged for sure! Saw on her insta. Side note, very good looking happy couple 🙃

But if this is not her, Lindsay has an identical twin in dcc prep class...

6B4D63FD-DA92-43D9-8341-37A0D6333A4E.jpeg

It is her in the video 

• Love 3
On 3/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, KatieC said:

Know her and her fam personally. Can vouch It is her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Any Texas pageant girls auditioning?  Sheridan Donovan, Jewel Lablanc or Briton bonaquisti?  Don’t they dance together?

If this is the Jewel I’m thinking of, a recent Instagram post says yes. Sheridan I think is on a different team? But doesn’t mean she won’t audition. Idk about Briton, never heard of her. 

1 hour ago, PepperM said:

If this is the Jewel I’m thinking of, a recent Instagram post says yes. Sheridan I think is on a different team? But doesn’t mean she won’t audition. Idk about Briton, never heard of her. 

East coaster here so pardon my not knowing - but, what is a "Texas pageant girl"?

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, itsweird said:

East coaster here so pardon my not knowing - but, what is a "Texas pageant girl"?

I think they’re just referring to the girls who come from pageant backgrounds rather than dance backgrounds, and all of them hold titles in Texas. I’m an East Coaster too lol

• Love 1