Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I really hope tptb have a back up plan in the event they can't have training camp, as it looks like another stay at home order is a very real possibility. I mean, what would they do if they had to halt training camp 1 or 2 weeks in for 30 days? That would suck for the rookies

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I really hope tptb have a back up plan in the event they can't have training camp, as it looks like another stay at home order is a very real possibility. I mean, what would they do if they had to halt training camp 1 or 2 weeks in for 30 days? That would suck for the rookies

I may be going down the rabbit hole here...But... We should also consider that several TCCs may be staying with friends already on the team.  And I almost feel like many of TCCs already have friendships established with one or more of the veterans.  This would allow for unofficial practices with their veteran team members at home.  Which should provide a safe unofficial practice area, if proper social distancing is occurring and if it becomes necessary to have a digital training camp

This is definitely more of a “how bad do you want it” year, than in the past.  Even more at stake than in a normal year.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

I may be going down the rabbit hole here...But... We should also consider that several TCCs may be staying with friends already on the team.  And I almost feel like many of TCCs already have friendships established with one or more of the veterans.  This would allow for unofficial practices with their veteran team members at home.  Which should provide a safe unofficial practice area, if proper social distancing is occurring and if it becomes necessary to have a digital training camp

This is definitely more of a “how bad do you want it” year, than in the past.  Even more at stake than in a normal year.

Yep. And even for in-person practices, there are certainly efforts that they can take to cut down on transmission - outdoor practices, mask usage while indoors, minimal (if any) usage of the locker room, no kick line, etc. Hopefully, they will take those steps and not just pretend like it’s business as usual. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. And even for in-person practices, there are certainly efforts that they can take to cut down on transmission - outdoor practices, mask usage while indoors, minimal (if any) usage of the locker room, no kick line, etc. Hopefully, they will take those steps and not just pretend like it’s business as usual. 

The day the kick line goes away is the day Kelly and Judy quit. That's a decision they would never make unless the governor told them face to face that they had to. They put so much emphasis on the kick line, "It's what everyone wants to see," "It's what sets us apart from other teams," "It's the biggest make or break moment," etc, that they would have to be forced to get rid of it, even for just for training camp.

That's not to say I don't agree with you; I imagine that most of the other suggested practices you mentioned would be implemented, and I think that getting rid of the kick line would definitely be a smart decision, I just don't think Kelly and Judy would ever go for that.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

For reference, (and yes, I know junior college is different than the NFL, but it’s still Texas) — Kilgore College Rangerettes are still having their weeklong tryout process in early July, just not housing the candidates on campus.

I read their audition timeline and they have eliminated a lot of the in-person or “gathering” part of their tryouts. There is no longer a pre-training tea (where they meet the Sophomores), and they will no longer have a physical fitness night, present solos, or meet in groups to learn choreography. They had to submit solos by E-Mail, and choreography was sent out via email to learn prior to tryouts for them to learn individually this week. Their dorms are very spacious looking so I would assume that’s why they have clearance to move back 

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Not sure how many of the TCCs know girls on the team through other means but I got thinking about how many previous team affiliations there are between TCC and current DCC vets:

University of Arizona Dance Team:

• DCC Chandi
  • TCC Shannan

Dallas Mavericks Dancers:

• DCC Lexie
  • DCC Lisa
  • TCC Tori
  • TCC Sheridan

University of Nebraska Scarlets Dance Team:

• DCC Kelcey
  • TCC Claire W
  • Possible TCC MiMi

Arizona State University Dance Team:

• DCC Kelcey
  • TCC Claire W
  • TCC Jaycie

Texas Tech Pom:

• DCC Rachel A
  • TCC Tori

I wonder if they ask current DCC for recommendations of friends who should be actively recruited. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I get what you’re saying. If they’re going to move forward as if we’re in normal times, then of course, if people choose to move to Dallas, then that is their choice. However, I think what people are saying is that, these are not normal times - outside of having a tv show, there was no need to bring in even more new girls from all over the country to Dallas in the middle of a global pandemic.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And yes without the show, they wouldn’t even bring in the extra girls. 

If there weren’t tryouts, or tryouts were limited to those living in the Dallas area only, then people would be upset.

1 hour ago, Dccfan73 said:

I read their audition timeline and they have eliminated a lot of the in-person or “gathering” part of their tryouts. There is no longer a pre-training tea (where they meet the Sophomores), and they will no longer have a physical fitness night, present solos, or meet in groups to learn choreography. They had to submit solos by E-Mail, and choreography was sent out via email to learn prior to tryouts for them to learn individually this week. Their dorms are very spacious looking so I would assume that’s why they have clearance to move back 

Right, but they are still able to host it. Essentially that is what DCC has already said they are prepared to do (send out choreography virtually) if needed.

• Love 1

The Hall of Fame game has just been cancelled that the Cowboys were meant to play at in August.

This season could be very messy and I'm very keen to see how it plays out on the show especially since Dallas county has just made masks compulsory, I'm not sure of the borders so dont know if this affects dcc but imagine other counties may follow

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

If there weren’t tryouts, or tryouts were limited to those living in the Dallas area only, then people would be upset.

Sure, but that’s the same type of dilemma facing every company, team, store, school, etc in the country. People will also be upset if one day there is a news story saying that “5 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Test Positive for the Coronavirus During Training Camp.” It’s not an easy decision, and ultimately, I’ll be happy for the rookies who make the team, and I hope they have a great year with no issues. I’ll also definitely be happy to have another season of Making the Team to watch in the fall. However, they are taking a risk, and if things go badly, they’ll have to take responsibility for it. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 16
(edited)
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Seriously🙄

Interesting that they asked.  I vote Gina with ... Hanna and Ashley in the triangle.  

Edited by VintageJ
I needed to add
  • Love 7
Just now, VintageJ said:

Interesting that they asked.  I vote Gina.

They're hoping lots of folks say Victoria, and they will -- TK will be encouraging everyone she can to do just that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

They're hoping lots of folks say Victoria, and they will -- TK will be encouraging everyone she can to do just that.

If they put a second year over Gina, Ashlee, Hannah and many other great dancers, I’m out. I can’t even. 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep.  CMT stirring the pot - trying to get fans interested in a show that may or may not happen.  

Cause I thought point was not a big deal to them 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Here's a tip: you can basically tell which training camp girls were recruited by how boring their Instagram is.  If it's a bunch of lame stuff that basically gives you no idea what she's really like, then a recruiter was probably involved.  Most young women use social media to reveal more about their lives, but the recruiters will look at the girl's instagram (and if it's private, they demand access) and tell the girls what to delete.  The will do this before they even bring to the girl to Kelli's attention.  I've had girls tell me that even stuff like sorority pictures have to be deleted.  

The DCC is as fake as VK's humility.

I don't disagree with you on the fakeness - but cleaning up your social media before you apply for a job is just good rules for living.  If there are scouts out there for DCC and they tell me "hey Kali, your dancing is gorgeous and you'd be a good fit, but the drunk on a boat pics and Rose All Day memes you keep sharing are giving a negative impression"...best follow that advice.

Locking down social media/blogs/reddit/etc. before a job hunt just seems like the only logical thing to do.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Seriously🙄

In that picture Lexi and Tess completely overshadow Maddie. It creates such a conflicting look.

Whoever they choose as the main 3 need to have a cohesive look, and I don't mean hair or skin colour but rather style. Maddie has such a young appearance that next to the others it's not balanced. It would also be great to see a WOC in the triangle.

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

If that's the case they Kelsie should be in the triangle too

• Love 3

Just popped on  facebook and saw the point post. If this is a way to get VK to point its backfired. All the posts I saw were for maddie, a couple of Gina's and a few asking for rotating leaders 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Just popped on  facebook and saw the point post. If this is a way to get VK to point its backfired. All the posts I saw were for maddie, a couple of Gina's and a few asking for rotating leaders 

The majority of the posts I saw were for Gina, Maddie and a few others thrown in.  Unless all the girls who have been there for 3 years or more up and quit, I seriously doubt they would put Victoria in as point.  However, we've seen Kelli be stupid enough about other things that I could see her doing something as stupid as putting Victoria at point over Maddie, even if Victoria's barely been on the squad a year.

31 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Please, God, NO:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.36.56 PM.png

I completely second that "no" and raise it to a "Hell to the No".  The only person who would be worse at point then Victoria (and that's saying something) is Meredith.  The ONLY thing she has going for her at the moment is that she's photogenic.  The fact that someone mentioned Meredith in the same sentence as point scares me.

• Love 8

Interesting that the Hall of Fame game is cancelled.  The last time they went to the HOF game, Kelli made a big deal about it and don't forget Erickagate.

If it happens, this will be a strange season indeed.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, VintageJ said:

If they put a second year over Gina, Ashlee, Hannah and many other great dancers, I’m out. I can’t even. 

If they do that I say the forum should craft a formal letter to all the S13 girls and Gina asking them to save their pride and quit 😆😂😆.

• Love 8
On 6/23/2020 at 7:57 AM, Weeklydcc said:

Don't the Cowboys own a hotel in Frisco at The Star?  They could house the rookie candidates there for a controlled, distancing setup.  I know it would be expensive, but this is an unprecedented situation.  They could charge the ladies a minimal fee for meals and amenities and the Cowboys pay the rest.  It would certainly be cheaper for the candidates than paying rent and commuting.  Take some of that MTT revenue and actually use it on the squad.  If there is no season every girl who makes the team should be guaranteed a spot next season.  Hold next year's auditions to replace retirees or rookie candidates who choose not to return.  Girls who already live in the Dallas area could commute if they like.  Just my take on it.

The MTT revenue belongs to Viacom, the parent company of CMT. Viacom in no way splits revenue with the Cowboys organization, much less the DCC which is a sub entity of the overall brand.

Asking the network that owns the show to “actually use it on the squad” is like asking Amazon to buy people bigger porches to leave packages on. Viacom has no obligations or even relations with the squad.

Viacom owns CMT. CMT hires a production company to produce the show. The production company has the relationship with the Cowboys, and that company has a budget for production costs and paying its “stars,” like Kelli and Judy and Charlotte.

The girls are paid for the time they are in the studio for filming, but they are paid by the Cowboys organization, not the production company or the network.

I know it may seem like semantics but there are a lot of layers between the girls and the TV show.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, CmplxSimon said:

The MTT revenue belongs to Viacom, the parent company of CMT. Viacom in no way splits revenue with the Cowboys organization, much less the DCC which is a sub entity of the overall brand.

Asking the network that owns the show to “actually use it on the squad” is like asking Amazon to buy people bigger porches to leave packages on. Viacom has no obligations or even relations with the squad.

Viacom owns CMT. CMT hires a production company to produce the show. The production company has the relationship with the Cowboys, and that company has a budget for production costs and paying its “stars,” like Kelli and Judy and Charlotte.

The girls are paid for the time they are in the studio for filming, but they are paid by the Cowboys organization, not the production company or the network.

I know it may seem like semantics but there are a lot of layers between the girls and the TV show.

It's hard for me to believe that the Cowboys/DCC don't get revenue from the show.  I meant they could take some of that and use it on the squad, not CMT revenue.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Edit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Nah, of course they wouldn’t. Like they wouldn’t put a ROOKIE on a coveted spot to replace Gina, a 3rd year? Ahead of a group leader? 

12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

The majority of the posts I saw were for Gina, Maddie and a few others thrown in.  Unless all the girls who have been there for 3 years or more up and quit, I seriously doubt they would put Victoria in as point.  However, we've seen Kelli be stupid enough about other things that I could see her doing something as stupid as putting Victoria at point over Maddie, even if Victoria's barely been on the squad a year.

I completely second that "no" and raise it to a "Hell to the No".  The only person who would be worse at point then Victoria (and that's saying something) is Meredith.  The ONLY thing she has going for her at the moment is that she's photogenic.  The fact that someone mentioned Meredith in the same sentence as point scares me.

To be fair to Meredith, given that you need to be photogenic too I’d rather see her at point that ms horsemouth.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Not looking good here in Dallas for training camp.  Trying to slow things down by closing all the bars in Texas by noon today. 

I wonder where training camp would fall under rhe opening rules? Is it considered a gym? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CmplxSimon said:

This. The show is basically big ad for the Cowboys, all the sponsors, the Star, etc. as long as it makes some money even indirectly it will be ok. Money through advertising for CMT and money from related sales etc for Cowboys. Kelli, Charlotte etc are all paid as producers too, but that pay revenue comes from CMT. 
I do not know why it is so had to understand that all these companies, Cowboys, cowboys management, DCC, Star, licensing, games, Hotels, product sales, et are different businesses under the Cowboys brand and the money doesn’t all go into one big pot for them all to dip into. This would be like if Sears goes out of business at the mall then Macy’s would give their money to sears to keep it afloat. No. 
As long as the DCC make even a Teeny profit and support THEMSELVES they will be around. They start losing money and they’re gone.

• Love 6

In regards to point, I seriously doubt they'll demote Maddie, but I'd love for them to do a rotating point with Gina at the very least. Gina's the better dancer and should therefore get the second section, but considering that would mean Maddie at point for a smaller amount of time than this past season I don't think that'll happen. Plus I feel like you have to be more of a pretty and sexy dancer for the first section and you can get away with just power for the second, and Maddie can't pull off that classic pretty look. Lexie and Tess will probably round out the diamond, and I hope they keep Tess at diamond and not move her up purely due to her height, but I'm worried they might due to seniority.

However, I'm worried they may bring Victoria up to diamond or even triangle to even out Tess's height, which is not a smart move. I agree with the majority of the board that the rising third years are one of the strongest classes ever, and there are some amazing dancers. If Victoria is placed ahead of them I will not be happy.

• Love 16

If they rotate again I predict opening with Lexie 🤮🤮🤮then letting maddie keep that second half.

Lexie has that slightly raunchy glam look they seem to love and she can keep up as good as Maddie and Amy. Far more fit with the brand and more photogenic than Maddie. Plus Judy has always liked her and She has Mama Kalinas approval. I hate her hair but they can fix that. Just looks way too long and processed, too much Girls Next Door, cheap to me, but still better than the Amy/Maddie mess.

Now y’all watch. They’ll gravitate towRd taller girls to keep VK as close to front as possible. Good news for Tess, Hannah, etc I guess. 

Gina needs to come to Jesus and know if she isn’t triangle this fall she will never be. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

In regards to point, I seriously doubt they'll demote Maddie, but I'd love for them to do a rotating point with Gina at the very least. Gina's the better dancer and should therefore get the second section, but considering that would mean Maddie at point for a smaller amount of time than this past season I don't think that'll happen. Plus I feel like you have to be more of a pretty and sexy dancer for the first section and you can get away with just power for the second, and Maddie can't pull off that classic pretty look. Lexie and Tess will probably round out the diamond, and I hope they keep Tess at diamond and not move her up purely due to her height, but I'm worried they might due to seniority.

However, I'm worried they may bring Victoria up to diamond or even triangle to even out Tess's height, which is not a smart move. I agree with the majority of the board that the rising third years are one of the strongest classes ever, and there are some amazing dancers. If Victoria is placed ahead of them I will not be happy.

Tess was in the triangle, they won’t demote her but I doubt she will take over point unless they rotate with all leaders or something. Personally, while it would be considered a demotion I guess, I think she should go behind point. Otherwise, no matter who replaces Amy, it will still look unbalanced with a short girl behind point and a very tall girl next to her.

• Love 1

Last year the first diamond was Amy at point, Lexie and Maddie at the sides, and Gina in back. The second diamond was Maddie at point, Tess and Lexie at the sides, and Amy in back. So I think the most logical thing to do would be to keep all the girls that have already been in the diamond (Gina, Maddie, Lexie, and Tess). I'd probably put Gina and Lexie on the sides and Tess in back just based on height and hair color. I could see them rotating between these girls and hopefully putting Gina at point in the begining. Ashlee, Caroline, Rachel W, and Amber were close up in the triangle last year and could also be contenders. 

We all know Victoria will be point but not until next year when Maddie retires and she can have it all to herself for the next 10 years she is on the squad lol. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
On 6/22/2020 at 4:38 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Same. She’s not pretty, and her parents aren’t doing her any favors. 

If I had helicopter parents showing up on discussion boards, etc., I'd be mortified.

• Love 24
39 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Last year the first diamond was Amy at point, Lexie and Maddie at the sides, and Gina in back. The second diamond was Maddie at point, Tess and Lexie at the sides, and Amy in back. So I think the most logical thing to do would be to keep all the girls that have already been in the diamond (Gina, Maddie, Lexie, and Tess). I'd probably put Gina and Lexie on the sides and Tess in back just based on height and hair color.

I agree 🙂 

10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If I had helicopter parents showing up on discussion boards, etc., I'd be mortified.

I would SHUT my parents down!!  My parents (in their 70s) recently joined Facebook...OMG they are driving me and my daughter insane 😉 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I agree 🙂 

I would SHUT my parents down!!  My parents (in their 70s) recently joined Facebook...OMG they are driving me and my daughter insane 😉 

Right there with you, Lady!  😉

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I agree 🙂 

LOL.  What are they doing?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tori looks good:)  Gal all the way to the right with the ponytail.

She’s an engaging dancer for sure. But she looks kinda big when next to other girls. I wonder if that’ll hurt her. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

She’s an engaging dancer for sure. But she looks kinda big when next to other girls. I wonder if that’ll hurt her. 

What I would give to be her brand of kinda big 🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Dance4life23 said:

They have shared their daughter’s post about making training  camp saying they are proud of her.  JUST LIKE OTHER PARENTS HAVE ALSO DONE!  Like seriously, it’s not a big deal at all.  I personally have seen several other TCC parents share their pride of their dancer.  Wouldn’t it be weirder for them to not say anything at all about it?  I don’t understand why people have a problem with this.  

as far as being on a fan page, there are several DCC and TCC moms on there, and judges too, and also DCC alumni.  Also don’t see why there is an issue here either.  

I was actually asking about the poster’s 70 year old parents.  I can’t get my Mom to do anything online.  We’re just glad she can swipe across. 

• LOL 9

They've gone beyond that, and it's been noticed

I can see that. The only parent allowed to do that is TK.  lol TPTB don't want to see, hear from parents - that will ruin the story line THEY want to present.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

The only things that Marissa's parents have done is post on their own personal Facebook pages that they are excited about her going to training camp, and her mother responded to someone tagging her on the DCC fan page asking how she felt about TC. And then an accusation that a person on this board was her mother because they were saying how much they think that she is a good candidate. I'm having a hard time understanding how that is translating into being overbearing helicopter parents. Yes her parents should probably not have public Facebook pages, and her mom maybe shouldn't be a member of a fan page, but I seriously think they are just excited like normal parents should be. 

A smart savvy parent would zip.it.up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4