Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 6/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Not looking good here in Dallas for training camp.  Trying to slow things down by closing all the bars in Texas by noon today. 

Er please explain, was the bars in Texas NEVER closed during lockdown? Just asking because I do not know what was closed in Texas but here in UK all bars/restaurants/hospitality CLOSED on 17 March. Some have started opening a week or 2 ago. More would reopen from next week here in UK

On 6/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Nah, of course they wouldn’t. Like they wouldn’t put a ROOKIE on a coveted spot to replace Gina, a 3rd year? Ahead of a group leader? 

To be fair to Meredith, given that you need to be photogenic too I’d rather see her at point that ms horsemouth.

Hhhmm yes they will. Considering they replaced Gina with VK when Gina was injured.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:50 PM, SmpIsimon said:

They've gone beyond that, and it's been noticed.  They have hurt her chances.

I'll just leave it at that.

18 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The problem comes when they then create fake profiles to praise their daughter, acting like they are someone other than the parent. 

Wait wait wait. Did I read it correctly that her parents actually made fake profiles and commented on Marissa's being in tcc etc and its now in damage control because of it? Shes going to be one of the first few cuts because of it? Is that what I am understanding? If so there is praising your kid and then going over the top which is just LOL

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Yes bars were closed when we went into lockdown in Texas. I'm not sure when they opened back up, it's been a few weeks at least. But now they're closed again as of Friday at noon. 

And I guess that's what they're alleging, that Marissa's parents made fake profiles to praise her. Poor Marissa though IMO. I don't know if I like her or not, because I haven't looked at her stuff much. But she's already disliked by people because of social media stuff. Imagine going from being excited about going to TC, and already people are hating on you and they don't even really know what you're like yet. I mean I get that it happens and that's social media for you, but still. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Brennan is sick... on her insta story 🥺

Hope she gets well quickly🙏🏻

Do we think they will cut her because of this?

I would completely disagree and Brennan is great but could totally see TPTB doing this, especially if they think it will give them a better chance of a season

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I hope not - cause @ByTor has torches and isn't afraid to use them!!!

3 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I would completely disagree and Brennan is great but could totally see TPTB doing this, especially if they think it will give them a better chance of a season

It would be a stupid reason to cut Brennan cause first of all, the fans weren't happy when she was cut the last time.  Second, with what is going on, they need all the seasoned vets they can get for this season.  And third, see Season 2 - Melissa Rycroft - the mono incident.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

But who have they cut that was ill? Don't Kelli say, around season 4 or 5, that if you are ill you turn up to training camp and sit out the session or something to that effect?

50 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

But who have they cut that was ill? Don't Kelli say, around season 4 or 5, that if you are ill you turn up to training camp and sit out the session or something to that effect?

Yes I remember something like that. But you cant do that if your in isolation 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
12 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I hope not - cause @ByTor has torches and isn't afraid to use them!!!

Yeah, Kelli knows better!  But seriously, Brennan said she's sick on her IG story & she had a picture of azithromycin, so I guess she probably has COVID.  No way would Kelli cut someone for that.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

No, she'd just come up with some other excuse to cut them.

Brennan?  I'm not saying it because she's my favorite, but I don't see her getting cut.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Yeah at least now hopefully she will never dare to say something this stupid again. Although I can see her even forcing a confirmed covid case to be there unless she wants to get cut. But yeah, who the hell does she think she is? Forcing a sick person to doll up and get there is stupid and delaying recovery AND risk infecting the rest of the team. Don’t get me started on the mono incident, her pathetic apology after the fact didn’t help at all.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Brennan?  I'm not saying it because she's my favorite, but I don't see her getting cut.

I hope not as I too like Brennan. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.  I think Kelli has very poor judgment, and if you talk to past DCC, they frequently tell you that Kelli only cares what the girls can contribute to the DCC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, Kelli knows better!  But seriously, Brennan said she's sick on her IG story & she had a picture of azithromycin, so I guess she probably has COVID.  No way would Kelli cut someone for that.

Edited by Holly85
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That also can be used from bronchitis as as any upper respiratory infection 

The combination of meds she's on more than strongly implies COVID.

If one of them does get sick, their biggest fear should be having an overly involved mother who has quite a bit of influence call Kelli and insist that the girl be cut so as to not jeopardize the health of her "baby."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Brennan is sick... on her insta story 🥺

Hope she gets well quickly🙏🏻

I saw that and all the medications looks like when I had pneumonia the poor thing! I'm not saying she has it, but it looks like she's pretty sick!

(edited)

Yep Kelli will definitely come up with an excuse to cut anyone whose ill even with a doctors note. Great example of this look at Melissa Rycroft and Cassie both had mono and one was "told off" and the other had excuses made for her .... because she was the Judy's daughter. 

I would love to see the "double standards" that Kelli is promoting this season because I'm just like Kelli "hhhmmm you are really a bad leader and what other wrong things are you promoting now"

Having said that I hope Brennan gets better and I think one solution for anyone who is ill this season, esp during tcc is maybe they could have a large tv screen in the studio and link a computer to it and set up zoom that way they can still be in tcc and learn the dances.

Of course unless Kelli is that dumb and want to cause a second wave of pandemic and force Brennan to go in and not stay home and stay safe then she is stupid-er for (eg) then when she did not get rid of Whitney Isleib during her mistake (which I know was a mistake she made when young and she didn't know it was wrong etc because we have all been there). 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, ByTor said:

Does she really know better? We all know we would do and want one thing for a candidate with certain situations (eg look at the double standards that Kelli has done over the years. Melissa rycroft, Cassie, Whitney Isleib, Victoria, the 3 legacy that didnt make it the last few years compared to those who did, to name a few). 

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Does she really know better?

LOL I was joking because my favoritism toward Brennan isn't exactly a secret around these parts 🙂 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 6/26/2020 at 4:29 PM, VintageJ said:

LOL.  What are they doing?

My mom....if she doesn't "like" the appearance of a post... (ie: I'm too sarcastic...or post something that has a "naughty" word in it...) she will post "you were raised better than this young lady"  she does this to her granddaughter as well.  I'm 51 and she is 27 😛   It's nothing major...but it's like "mommmmmmmm....stop".  My daughter and I are also both very agnostic and my parents are hard core Southern Baps... so they are CONSTANTLY posting religious stuff on our timelines.  Like I said...nothing major at all...but it drives us nuts!! (as my bf would say...short trip babe" 😉

21 hours ago, ByTor said:

The combination of meds she's on more than strongly implies COVID.

it's also the same cocktail I get every year for my bronchitis.  So maybe it's that 🙂 

• LOL 1
16 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL I was joking because my favoritism toward Brennan isn't exactly a secret around these parts 🙂 

She earned that favoritism 🙂 She's my fave and I've made no bones about that either!! 😉

• Love 7
On 6/26/2020 at 6:30 PM, VintageJ said:

I was actually asking about the poster’s 70 year old parents.  I can’t get my Mom to do anything online.  We’re just glad she can swipe across. 

It's actually funny...because several years ago my dad, said "now don't you all ever waste your money on one of those fancy iPhones or iPads for us...we won't ever use them"  well of course we didn't listen and got them for both of our parents.  It's been hilarious to watch them become the tech junkies they now are.  I think my dad would go into withdrawl if he were to ever lose his ipad/phone 😉 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I see that Marissa is posting about dealing with mental illness (depression and anxiety). I applaud her in overcoming those things, but (sadly) I’m not sure that’ll be looked on positively by Kelli. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I see that Marissa is posting about dealing with mental illness (depression and anxiety). I applaud her in overcoming those things, but (sadly) I’m not sure that’ll be looked on positively by Kelli. 

Has anyone seen a TCC share something on such a personal level as this just before TC?

2 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Didn't Hannah speak about this on Making the Team during her TCC season?

Yes she did. Hannah talked about her bring depressed in high school and how dancing was a positive thing for her.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Has anyone seen a TCC share something on such a personal level as this just before TC?

Hannah shared about it on a TH during TC.

12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

See I think Kelli loves an sad story, "my grandma has Alzheimers, my cousin died of cancer..." but then again, I guess it depends who the story is attached to bc we know her rules apply based on her feelings toward a TCC... 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TB12 said:

See I think Kelli loves an sad story, "my grandma has Alzheimers, my cousin died of cancer..." but then again, I guess it depends who the story is attached to bc we know her rules apply based on her feelings toward a TCC... 

I agree (remember that one season where they focused on how one of the girls was friends with someone who died in a plane crash -- that seemed a bit attenuated), but I think it also depends on the story.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

I agree (remember that one season where they focused on how one of the girls was friends with someone who died in a plane crash -- that seemed a bit attenuated), but I think it also depends on the story.  

Yes, that was the pretty girl from last season that Kelli brought the pastor in to pray with the team and seemed so pissed off that she didn't open up and beg for his healing words... 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Yes, that was the pretty girl from last season that Kelli brought the pastor in to pray with the team and seemed so pissed off that she didn't open up and beg for his healing words... 

That was Shaina Grace, she was cut before Julia “**** this” Fife

871B9D37-EE5A-4D80-AEEB-28AE5E4D459C.png.63d8dbcf050f584d1b3bad7d13c73c5f.png

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

That was Shaina Grace, she was cut before Julia “**** this” Fife

871B9D37-EE5A-4D80-AEEB-28AE5E4D459C.png.63d8dbcf050f584d1b3bad7d13c73c5f.png

Yesssss thats her! I was rooting for her...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Yes, I know that.  But I don't think I've seen a TCC post like this before TC.  

You're correct, Hannah posted about her depression in September 2018 (I'm guessing she did it around the time they showed the episode with her talking about it).  From the time she made TC until then, she posted very little & what she did post was pretty generic.

• Love 4

alorarose

Cheeky smiles for good news ☺️🥰
Back in March I came down to Florida with zero clue of what my future looked like ahead.
4 months later, 3 rounds of virtual auditions down & I’m heading to Dallas, Texas to take my shot at becoming a @dccheerleaders
🤩💙!!!
Gaaahhhh!!! Pinch me, I must be dreaming!! 🤩😍😍🤩
What an incredible honor it is to have been accepted into Training Camp 2020 🌟🎉🤗
JUMP SPLITS FOR JOY!!!
I’m BEYOND grateful & have the fullest heart - I cannot wait to hit the field in those boots!!🤠🤩💙

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

alorarose

Cheeky smiles for good news ☺️🥰
Back in March I came down to Florida with zero clue of what my future looked like ahead.
4 months later, 3 rounds of virtual auditions down & I’m heading to Dallas, Texas to take my shot at becoming a @dccheerleaders
🤩💙!!!
Gaaahhhh!!! Pinch me, I must be dreaming!! 🤩😍😍🤩
What an incredible honor it is to have been accepted into Training Camp 2020 🌟🎉🤗
JUMP SPLITS FOR JOY!!!
I’m BEYOND grateful & have the fullest heart - I cannot wait to hit the field in those boots!!🤠🤩💙

Here’s the screenshot for anyone who wants to see it:

34580791-365F-416B-BC0F-0233F42E29B6.jpeg

7C72BE34-8E7A-40F3-99D6-0B1C673F0874.jpeg

• Love 5

Didn't retiring vet Christina have TH about being depressed when her parents got divorced? She was supposedly so bad she stopped dancing for awhile. It was when she made TC for the first time.

• Love 2

I can see why a TCC/Rookie wouldn't post or mention dealing with mental illness such as depression, anxiety, etc. It's the same reason I don't mention it to my coach who is very remnant of Kelli and her selectivity when it comes to sob stories and who she loves to hear them from. Praying for Marissa and any other TCC or Vet who deals with those things because having to go out and still smile while it feels like you're crumbling and crumbling hard isn't fun. 🥰

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, PepperM said:

This kinda confirms Darian to me, and suggests maybe Bri and Chandi are her boot buddies?

A578B9C4-31D8-4EFB-A998-981DFC1FEC5D.jpeg

It makes some sense that they would do boot buddies remotely this year since camp is starting so late. Darian is being followed/following multiple DCC and TCC so she's a pretty sure bet in my mind.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

since camp is starting so late

This means watching Kelli freak out more often than usual, and probably taking it out on Judy.  For those of you who listen to the podcasts, how many yeti cups will Kelli have sitting on her desk this season😁🍷

• LOL 4
(edited)

Texas is up +7926 COVID cases today. They even beat California in today's number of cases.

Dallas is the second highest county of cases.  I really hope everyone (TCC and veterans alike), remains safe.

Edited by go4luca
clarification
  • Love 3