Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Texas is up +7926 COVID cases today. They even beat California in today's number of cases.

Dallas is the second highest county of cases.  I really hope everyone (TCC and veterans alike), remains safe.

Edited by Holly85
Never mind
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don’t see how they can have a team this year, much less TC. 

I saw Erin posted something on ig about wishing they could all be together, and Caroline commented something to the effect of "someday". I wonder if its been pushed back or cancelled?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

It makes some sense that they would do boot buddies remotely this year since camp is starting so late. Darian is being followed/following multiple DCC and TCC so she's a pretty sure bet in my mind.

She is stunning, wow! :-)

• Love 1

Speaking of boot buddies - I saw on Instagram that Jaycie posted some cookies that she received from Briana and Chandi (boot buddies). 

Spoiler

• Love 1
Just now, Tarode said:

Speaking of boot buddies - I saw on Instagram that Jaycie posted some cookies that she received from Briana and Chandi (boot buddies). 

Reveal spoiler

So did Darian got cookies from them as well 

Here is Jaycie's instagram story. The note says that they are excited for her to join the family, confirming that this is a boot buddy thing. I'm going to put Darian down as confirmed because she also got similar cookies from Briana and Chandi. At this point I'm not sure camp will happen at all but I'll keep an eye out for any other boot buddy pairings 🙂

IMG_2634.jpg

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

actually if you zoom in on Darian's story the note on the box confirms her as a TCC

IMG_2637.jpg

Very perceptive.

On Insta Sydney Hawthorne, as far as I can see,  is being followed by DCC's Erin, Gina, Hannah, Meredith, Daphne, Kirsten, Lisa, Savannah, TCC's Dani McGinnis, Darian Lassiter and former DCC's Cassie Trammell, Khalyn, Jacie, Jackie Bob and Amy (which is logical since she was with her on Pro Bowl).

• Love 7

“Chunk cookies” for people who have to be weighed all the time. 😐  K

Speaking of weigh ins, wonder how that will be virtually done? 

I hope Sydney keeps her natural hair, it’s gorgeous.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Glad to see confirmation of Darian.

It will be very interesting to see what happens. Things are getting worse for sure. Texas Governor just issued a state-wide mask ordinance.

This would have been a very powerful and strong rookie class due to the situation that required virtual auditions, but unfortunately that same situation may cause there not to be a Training Camp.

I still think they will keep all the vets on the team for appearances and such (assuming there is no football season) but likely not bring any rookies on except maybe the few local ones. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 6:50 AM, SmpIsimon said:

Edit: it looks like TC is on hold now due to Covid  

Yet they are! AloraRose posted she is heading to Dallas. I’m thinking the TV show is pushing them towards having TC. I sometimes think it’s all for the almighty dollar and the heck with the safety of the girls.  😢 

Edited by Cruisegirl
Added info
3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I’m thinking the TV show is pushing them towards having TC. I sometimes think it’s all for the almighty dollar and the heck with the safety of the girls.  😢 

This it the most accurate post of the day.  Kelli has always put herself before the girls health so we shouldn't be surprised that even with a pandemic going on her MTT show is most important to her.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

This it the most accurate post of the day.  Kelli has always put herself before the girls health so we shouldn't be surprised that even with a pandemic going on her MTT show is most important to her.  

The new rules are face masks required and group gatherings capped at 10 people. I dont know if dance practice is considered a "gathering" though. Im sure if there is a way to get around it then Kelli and Charlotte will find it

• Love 2

I guess one way to twist it is that it’s an actual job - these women are paid for rehearsal time. It’s not an essential position, of course, but it IS work. So as long as they are wearing masks, probably legal. Tho I would assume (?) social distance policies are also outlined. I work for a large retail/distributor and our Distribution Center has been opened for several weeks under certain guidelines. 

That said, it’s not like masks and distance are being strictly enforced. Social pressure is keeping things somewhat in line but we’ll see how far that goes. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Resident Texans can let me know.  Not sure if the Star is in Collin county (3,199 COVID cases to date, +85 cases today) or Dentin (3,032 cases, + 81 today). 

Going by the current Texas filming guidelines dated 7/2/20, I don't see how they are going to make this work unless they work separately and in much smaller groups.  I doubt the CMT production crew is large but add their number to the number of ladies rehearsing at any given time plus K&J and any assistants, and it's going to be a challenge making this work.  Will the ladies be required to wear face masks when practicing on the field?  That is going to be heck running Thunder let alone the kick line, in Texas heat.  Anyone could pass out trying to breathe after that amount of exertion.

Is the practice field at the star considered a public space?

This snippet is from the current Texas COVID filming guidelines:

Texas Filing Covid.jpg

• Love 1

If they're not able to have a football season in the fall I wonder if the current TCC will automatically be invited to training camp next summer. Although if that happens, there won't be auditions which is important for the show. I think it would be really unfair to force them to re-audition from prelims but maybe they will just get a pass to finals like the vets.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

If they're not able to have a football season in the fall I wonder if the current TCC will automatically be invited to training camp next summer. Although if that happens, there won't be auditions which is important for the show. I think it would be really unfair to force them to re-audition from prelims but maybe they will just get a pass to finals like the vets.

Or the ladies would need to send in new, current videos next year for a quick re-eval.  A lot can change over the course of a year.

• Love 4

Wouldn't it be sad if COVID-19 ultimately results in the end of MTT?  The show is still going strong after 14 years, but if CMT loses money because the season is canceled or something like that, they would probably re-evaluate whether to film future seasons. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Wouldn't it be sad if COVID-19 ultimately results in the end of MTT?  The show is still going strong after 14 years, but if CMT loses money because the season is canceled or something like that, they would probably re-evaluate whether to film future seasons. 

Given the train wreck it’s become and the damage it’s done to the DCC brand, I think it might be a good thing for MTT to end. 

• Love 7

31 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I don't know.  Even if they have to miss this season, I don't necessarily see it as the end of MTT.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I’ve heard rumors this was to be the last season. 

• Useful 1

I’m sorry. What is the TCC list? I know it’s been done before but I think new people have been added or rumored to be in. Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, Lona said:

I’m sorry. What is the TCC list? I know it’s been done before but I think new people have been added or rumored to be in. Thanks! 

This is the list of confirmed TCC, there are 2 more that are not fully confirmed. The most likely candidates based on instagram followers are Sydney Hawthorne and Amelia Evans although I am also keeping an eye on Mimi Wood based on comments she left on Victoria's instagram.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 8.59.24 PM.jpg

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This is the list of confirmed TCC, there are 2 more that are not fully confirmed. The most likely candidates based on instagram followers are Sydney Hawthorne and Amelia Evans although I am also keeping an eye on Mimi Wood based on comments she left on Victoria's instagram.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 8.59.24 PM.jpg

Jessica and Shannon are the only mature looking ones I see. At least they look like a DCC. This is like an extreme makeover. Strange group to me

• Love 1
Just now, RockYou said:

Jessica and Shannon are the only mature looking ones I see. At least they look like a DCC. This is like an extreme makeover. Strange group to me

I would personally add Darian, Elli, Claire W., and Dani to the list of the best looking TCC. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Resident Texans can let me know.  Not sure if the Star is in Collin county (3,199 COVID cases to date, +85 cases today) or Dentin (3,032 cases, + 81 today). 

Going by the current Texas filming guidelines dated 7/2/20, I don't see how they are going to make this work unless they work separately and in much smaller groups.  I doubt the CMT production crew is large but add their number to the number of ladies rehearsing at any given time plus K&J and any assistants, and it's going to be a challenge making this work.  Will the ladies be required to wear face masks when practicing on the field?  That is going to be heck running Thunder let alone the kick line, in Texas heat.  Anyone could pass out trying to breathe after that amount of exertion.

Is the practice field at the star considered a public space?

This snippet is from the current Texas COVID filming guidelines:

Texas Filing Covid.jpg

The Star is in Collin County, but actually really close to the border with Denton County.  They could get around the order by practicing in smaller groups (likely in the groups they would be in for the quarter dances) or by having their rehearsals outside (as long as social distancing was in place).

I'm not even sure there will be an NFL season this year, much less cheerleaders.

Edited by aeroluv327
added some clarity to what the order specifies about outdoor activities
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

The new rules are face masks required and group gatherings capped at 10 people. I dont know if dance practice is considered a "gathering" though. Im sure if there is a way to get around it then Kelli and Charlotte will find it

The Star is in Collin County and they do not have a 10 person cap. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • Useful 2

But will Kelli make them practise outside, just to be able to cut them quicker? I mean in previous seasons Kelli hated it when the girls did not know the routine especially when they were practising outside and some of the girls were HEAVILY relying on the mirrors still at the time they practise outside. Guess they could start with the entrance practise? Still do not know why Kelli does not start with that in camp, she starts with the jump slits from auditions .....

• Love 1

wow kellylong posted a dance video on her Instagram story and I have to say it looks good, I’m thinking she is going to be a favorite. I also really like Sheridan, Darian, Ellie, and Claire W. What do you guys think/who do you like?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

It seems to me that even IF there is a NFL Season, that it would only involve essential personnel, and I don’t see cheerleaders qualifying. 

The question is will fans be allowed in the stadiums.  If not, then the DCC won't have anyone to entertain anyway.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, 123brook said:

wow kellylong posted a dance video on her Instagram story and I have to say it looks good, I’m thinking she is going to be a favorite. I also really like Sheridan, Darian, Ellie, and Claire W. What do you guys think/who do you like?  

From what I have seen, these are my faves: Kelly Long, Claire Wolford, Jaycie Seta, Jada McLean (my top 3), Dani McGinnis (top 3), Elli DiGiovanni, Armani Lattimer (top 3), Darian Lassiter, Sheridan McDowell,  and Sydney Hawthorne.  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is it possible that Making the Team makes enough money for the DCC organization, meaning it's worth putting together a team purely for the show?  Even if the Cheerleaders can't perform at games, is it possible that they could still have a presence online, pre-games at Plazas, and as continued spokespeople for the organization?  And for a future calendar, if we're able to travel in early 2021?

Also, with no fans in the stadium to keep the TV games exciting, maybe it's possible they could do virtual performances that get incorporated into the TV broadcasts?

I know the purpose of the DCC is to perform at the games, but maybe financially it still makes sense for them to create a team just for DCC: MTT

Edited by Stee
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Is it possible that Making the Team makes enough money for the DCC organization, meaning it's worth putting together a team purely for the show?  Even if the Cheerleaders can't perform at games, is it possible that they could still have a presence online, pre-games at Plazas, and as continued spokespeople for the organization?  And for a future calendar, if we're able to travel in early 2021?

Also, with no fans in the stadium to keep the TV games exciting, maybe it's possible they could do virtual performances that get incorporated into the TV broadcasts?

I know the purpose of the DCC is to perform at the games, but maybe financially it still makes sense for them to create a team just for DCC: MTT

Let’s hope so because I need to see a new Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making The Team season. I have redrawal symptoms, I miss Jalyn, I want to know who will make the team, I want to know who struggles, who is a good kicker, I want to see the makeovers, I want to see who gets cut first, I want to see how mature and refined Maddy has become (not), I want to see Kat, I want to see Amanda become the star she is.

I need it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Let’s hope so because I need to see a new Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making The Team season. I have redrawal symptoms, I miss Jalyn, I want to know who will make the team, I want to know who struggles, who is a good kicker, I want to see the makeovers, I want to see who gets cut first, I want to see how mature and refined Maddy has become (not), I want to see Kat, I want to see Amanda become the star she is.

I need it!

They need to release the dcc in motion video with Jalyn, Cici and Daphne.  But here’s Erin looking fab as always

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

I need it!

So glad you posted this.  I wanted to say it, but thought I might be considered crazy.  I need my DCC fix whether there's a football season or not.

• Love 9
On 6/25/2020 at 7:25 PM, CmplxSimon said:

The MTT revenue belongs to Viacom, the parent company of CMT. Viacom in no way splits revenue with the Cowboys organization, much less the DCC which is a sub entity of the overall brand.

@Stee  This is what was posted regarding the revenue. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

@Stee  This is what was posted regarding the revenue. 

I think the commercial and advertising rights belong to Viacom, and the rebroadcast stuff, but I can’t imagine they are given access to the DCC completely for free?!

but even if so, the TV show is such a big publicity blitz for the Cowboys Organization and the DCC. I personally didn’t know who the DCC were until I stumbled onto this show - and I know Kelli came from a marketing background, so it’s definitely working. 

In any case, I could still see them keep the team from a publicity/marketing perspective as I always got the sense that the NFL home games were only one small part of their duties. 

• Love 5
On 6/25/2020 at 7:25 PM, CmplxSimon said:

The MTT revenue belongs to Viacom, the parent company of CMT. Viacom in no way splits revenue with the Cowboys organization, much less the DCC which is a sub entity of the overall brand.

Asking the network that owns the show to “actually use it on the squad” is like asking Amazon to buy people bigger porches to leave packages on. Viacom has no obligations or even relations with the squad.

Viacom owns CMT. CMT hires a production company to produce the show. The production company has the relationship with the Cowboys, and that company has a budget for production costs and paying its “stars,” like Kelli and Judy and Charlotte.

The girls are paid for the time they are in the studio for filming, but they are paid by the Cowboys organization, not the production company or the network.

I know it may seem like semantics but there are a lot of layers between the girls and the TV show.

@Stee  Sorry, I should have posted the whole thing:)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I do realize Viacom is the parent company of MTT.  Viacom also owns Pluto TV.   If they paid $340 million in cash for Pluto they least they could do is

USE THE MUSIC THAT THEY ACTUALLY DANCED TO!!

Even Amazon doesn't use the same music:(

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I do realize Viacom is the parent company of MTT.  Viacom also owns Pluto TV.   If they paid $340 million in cash for Pluto they least they could do is

Isn't this the problem with iTunes and Amazon? That iTunes uses the actual music shown on tv and show the actual episodes in all its entite (spelling?). But Amazon cuts scenes out and uses different music etc?

I'm a SEMO grad so I'm totally cheering for Ashlinn. I also like Claire W, Darian, Alora, and Elli. I'm meh on Marissa. No thoughts on anyone else yet  but I really wonder if there will even be a reason for the DCC this year. And if there is going to be TC/and the show someone please please please buy all the TCC a thesaurus. I started binge rewatching season 14 yesterday and finally had to stop, not due to VK she actually bothered me less in the episodes I watched, but because the girls REALLY over use the word definitely, worse even than Gina and Alexis in the media training episode from season 12.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, CailynA said:

I'm a SEMO grad so I'm totally cheering for Ashlinn. I also like Claire W, Darian, Alora, and Elli. I'm meh on Marissa. No thoughts on anyone else yet  but I really wonder if there will even be a reason for the DCC this year. And if there is going to be TC/and the show someone please please please buy all the TCC a thesaurus. I started binge rewatching season 14 yesterday and finally had to stop, not due to VK she actually bothered me less in the episodes I watched, but because the girls REALLY over use the word definitely, worse even than Gina and Alexis in the media training episode from season 12.

I’ve heard there is no date for TC ( originally they were to start next week) yet due to Covid and the increases in cases in Texas. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I’ve heard there is no date for TC ( originally they were to start next week) yet due to Covid and the increases in cases in Texas. 

They must not be to upset cause of one the girls jetted off to Mexico 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

1 hour ago, UK-Fan said:

Isn't this the problem with iTunes and Amazon? That iTunes uses the actual music shown on tv and show the actual episodes in all its entite (spelling?). But Amazon cuts scenes out and uses different music etc?

Pluto is free, which is why they show us the eps they do in the order they do, and you have no choice what is one.  Sometimes, they even skip eps.  So if it's different music, I guess the thought again is, it's free.

However, those of us who have paid for eps from Itunes and Amazon should get the full episodes, actual music, extras and all!!

• Love 4