Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 7/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, Fwcowboysfan said:

The Star is in Collin County and they do not have a 10 person cap. 

Just to clarify, what I’ve been referencing are COVID filming guidelines, not regular county guidelines.  They are often different.  I work in film production so have been tracking various guidelines in different states.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

When is training camp "supposedly" to start? This monday/this week right? Or is it next week?

One of the two dates given on one of the podcast was next week but I don’t think it’s going to happen 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

One of the two dates given on one of the podcast was next week but I don’t think it’s going to happen 

Thats what I thought. I was having a memory blank on when it was "meant" to start and I cant access the podcasts to listen to them ...... feel like I was having a blonde moment and going dumb ... even tho I'm not dumb or blonde (sorry to all the blondes don't mean to be rude or offensive)

Edited by UK-Fan
1 minute ago, UK-Fan said:

Thats what I thought. I was having a memory blank on when it was "meant" to start and I cant access the podcasts to listen to them ...... feel like I was having a blonde moment and going dumb ... even tho I'm not dumb or blonde (sorry to all the blondes don't mean to be rude or offensive)

I don’t see the girls back into the studio until players get to be there 

• Love 2

I think all sports in every country should sit the next year out and just chillax and use the year to just chill and train. Better safe than sorry. Yes I want sports to be back, I miss playing sports myself but cant due to injury that likes to flare up, but I miss watching sports like everyone. But I just think the next year should just be a time out. None of the industry is going to get alot of revenue/advertising with the current situation and prob be in Jan when things start to get back to normal properly and by then its like the end of the season by then. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, UK-Fan said:

I think all sports in every country should sit the next year out and just chillax and use the year to just chill and train. Better safe than sorry. Yes I want sports to be back, I miss playing sports myself but cant due to injury that likes to flare up, but I miss watching sports like everyone. But I just think the next year should just be a time out. None of the industry is going to get alot of revenue/advertising with the current situation and prob be in Jan when things start to get back to normal properly and by then its like the end of the season by then. 

Then ask the vets who plan to audition again for the 2021-2022 season and let them stay on this year to continue to do virtual classes and such like that 

• Love 1

Arguably the DCC are under more pressure than others to have auditions and a squad this year due to the show so I was curious to see what other NFL cheer teams were doing. The vast majority are in the middle of virtual auditions like the DCC and some are having fully virtual training camps. Several teams (Raiders, Ravens, Colts, Jaguars, Chiefs, Eagles, Buccaneers, Redskins) have already announced their rosters. The Cardinals, Panthers, and Titans have postponed their auditions. I couldn't find anything on the Chargers or the 49ers so they likely postponed as well. Only the Jaguars decided to have a vets-only squad and cancel auditions. I think most squads will be announced even if football is canceled, if only for the fact that the cheerleaders have a large social media presence that teams want to maintain. 

Honestly, the responsible thing to do would be to either have fully virtual training camp and potentially a virtual season, or tell the rookies to not move to Texas and have a vet-only team but I really can't see that happening if they still want to have the show. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Arguably the DCC are under more pressure than others to have auditions and a squad this year due to the show so I was curious to see what other NFL cheer teams were doing. The vast majority are in the middle of virtual auditions like the DCC and some are having fully virtual training camps. Several teams (Raiders, Ravens, Colts, Jaguars, Chiefs, Eagles, Buccaneers, Redskins) have already announced their rosters. The Cardinals, Panthers, and Titans have postponed their auditions. I couldn't find anything on the Chargers or the 49ers so they likely postponed as well. Only the Jaguars decided to have a vets-only squad and cancel auditions. I think most squads will be announced even if football is canceled, if only for the fact that the cheerleaders have a large social media presence that teams want to maintain. 

Honestly, the responsible thing to do would be to either have fully virtual training camp and potentially a virtual season, or tell the rookies to not move to Texas and have a vet-only team but I really can't see that happening if they still want to have the show. 

The cardinals went all vet squad 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Then ask the vets who plan to audition again for the 2021-2022 season and let them stay on this year to continue to do virtual classes and such like that 

The vets should all be allowed back on the squad without a tryout. What they (the vets) should just do is the other parts of their job. Doing appearances. I mean they usually have show group doing those appearances right? With the vets, and no practise and no games, they should still have the contract and have it moderated to just dedicating the time to doing visits like uso or hospital visits etc. Its not just DCC that has the issue with having auditions this year. Its a mess atm but who knows if its safe to have football back in Sept? In some places there is already a second spike is it worth putting ALL the staff in any sports to cause a second spike and if they were to go cause a second spike have them do appearances in hospitals/care homes to say thank yous etc.

4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The cardinals went all vet squad 

What are the cardinals plans? Did they not have an audtion and just said to the vets they are all back on the team? How many girls do they usually have on their team rookie and vets wise? How many vets returned for 20/21 season? 

3 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

The vets should all be allowed back on the squad without a tryout. What they (the vets) should just do is the other parts of their job. Doing appearances. I mean they usually have show group doing those appearances right? With the vets, and no practise and no games, they should still have the contract and have it moderated to just dedicating the time to doing visits like uso or hospital visits etc. Its not just DCC that has the issue with having auditions this year. Its a mess atm but who knows if its safe to have football back in Sept? In some places there is already a second spike is it worth putting ALL the staff in any sports to cause a second spike and if they were to go cause a second spike have them do appearances in hospitals/care homes to say thank yous etc.

What are the cardinals plans? Did they not have an audtion and just said to the vets they are all back on the team? How many girls do they usually have on their team rookie and vets wise? How many vets returned for 20/21 season? 

Not sure how big there team usually is but I think they have a team of 21 or 22 vets !! The raiders had a in person final auditions in Vegas 

It seems to me that as long as the NFL has not canceled the season: the cheerleaders have to assume that the league is going to play and there will be at least a limited number of fans for them to perform for. 

Once the NFL season is canceled then Charlotte will decide what they are going to "do" with their performance contracts and salary for the year.

So right now it's business as usual the best of their abilities given the situation. 

• Love 5
On 7/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, Holly85 said:

They must not be to upset cause of one the girls jetted off to Mexico 

I saw that and a few others travelled and it showed them partying in large groups. I would have thought they would have suggested they stay close to home to avoid potentially becoming exposed to The virus. If one carries it, it could spread quickly in TC 🤷‍♀️

18 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

When is training camp "supposedly" to start? This monday/this week right? Or is it next week?

I spoke to a current DCC and they haven’t gotten a date yet. It was suppose to start next week but Covid is putting a halt to that. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl said:

I saw that and a few others travelled and it showed them partying in large groups. I would have thought they would have suggested they stay close to home to avoid potentially becoming exposed to The virus. If one carries it, it could spread quickly in TC 🤷‍♀️

I spoke to a current DCC and they haven’t gotten a date yet. It was suppose to start next week but Covid is putting a halt to that. 

I guess since they are no longer under contract with them they can pretty much go where they want to 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I guess they'll be checking everybody's temperature before each practice which they need to do anyway.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I was surprised to see Amber flaunting (not sure if that’s the word I’m looking for, but oh well) her trip to Cancun. Seems tone deaf at minimum and selfish at worst, especially  considering Texas is one of the hotspots. Traveling for family emergencies, work, essential travel is understandable. I side eye someone traveling strictly for vacation right now (just my personal opinion).

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
(edited)

My company does temperatures checks for all employees every day. So are the pro sports teams. Despite this, athletes are testing positive. My company is approaching 1700 infected employees and counting. Not having a fever doesn't guarantee someone is not infected.

I hope they do the right thing for these young women. Chasing your dream shouldn't cost you your life.

Edited by rhofmovalley
  • Love 21
(edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, dccfan321 said:

I was surprised to see Amber flaunting (not sure if that’s the word I’m looking for, but oh well) her trip to Cancun. Seems tone deaf at minimum and selfish at worst, especially  considering Texas is one of the hotspots. Traveling for family emergencies, work, essential travel is understandable. I side eye someone traveling strictly for vacation right now (just my personal opinion).

And thats what pisses me off about current and former DCC's Amber is one example. Lacey is another amount some to name. Surely even tho most places are easing in lockdown,

Surely if you got a brain surely the best thing to do is to not go out and travel on holiday until it is totally safe. UK already have some cities that are in the second wave of lockdown. I and some of my friends are just like ... no not going out, not even going to the pub even tho the pubs in uk reopened yesterday (saturday) and some videos are already up showing those that went to the pubs yesterday and are scarily causing panic because of how close people are standing next to each other etc. If you are travelling for work/grocery etc great but is it really safe and is it really worth the risk of a second pandemic which would mean more months of lockdown. Yes most countries are easing from lockdown and giving green light for most places to open but is it worth it?

But each to their own I guess. <shakes head> I will keep my mouth shut cos I cant be asked to write another rant at midnight now esp after the massive rant I wrote about Lacey's wedding..... I guess there is always 1 (and more) idiots without a brain that thinks its ok to risk the chances and over do things just because you can does not mean you should.

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
On 7/2/2020 at 10:17 PM, Fwcowboysfan said:

The Star is in Collin County and they do not have a 10 person cap. 

Consider, though, that the football team is there since they’re not going to Oxnard. There’s also front office staff, facilities and housekeeping people, dining staff  etc. 

Say they start with 60 DCC TCCs, , 30 CMT crew, 10 or so DCC staff plus an ever revolving cast of guest choreographers, hair and makeup/makeover crew, on set paramedic, whatever Covid screeners are required etc... dont see how they can bring that can bring a group that big to the Star/Ford center. They can’t keep the girls on the outside fields in Texas heat.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, Weeklydcc said:

The question is will fans be allowed in the stadiums.  If not, then the DCC won't have anyone to entertain anyway.

I would say they dance 10-12 games but do appearances over 300 days a year. If Kelli is selling herself on cameo, why wouldn’t she book DCC? They make a boatload  of money off appearances. And Back to the money- the show doesn’t bankroll DCC, but it makes them in demand for appearances, which don’t have to stop thanks to social distancing and Zoom, Cameo etc.

Edited by CmplxSimon
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Since the date for training camp keeps moving later, the new TCC can’t really make plans. Plus Kelli has told them not to sign leases or make any permanent arrangements.

But when camp does start, there will be girls moving from around Texas and around the country. They’re going to have to quarantine everyone in training camp and probably CMT crew for 14 days before the first day or they’re taking on a huge lawsuit liability. 

Plus aren’t girls like Kelcey who’s a nurse and Brennan and Gina who are professionals going to be working everyday during the day? And I think Jalyn owns her own studio? Taylor is a school teacher.

it’s a big feather in their cap to have girls who work and have impressive careers.  Do they all have to quit their careers or quit DCC, or will they be able to guarantee nobody is sharing germs every night at training camp??

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

FC Dallas is a soccer club in Frisco.  They were able to start playing a few weeks ago and at that time they all tested negative.   About a week later 6 tested positive and now 3 more have tested positive plus the coach.

Not sure how the girls will keep from getting it at TC.  There are a lot of people at The Star all the time that do not have to be tested.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Not sure how the girls will keep from getting it at TC.  There are a lot of people at The Star all the time that do not have to be tested.  

Well, Victoria already has a year 2 setup for her IG stories, so they have to do something:)

• LOL 13
25 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

FC Dallas is a soccer club in Frisco.  They were able to start playing a few weeks ago and at that time they all tested negative.   About a week later 6 tested positive and now 3 more have tested positive plus the coach.

I remember that abt fc they had traveled to Florida for a game and came back with it 

Checking temperatures won't work.  These girls want it so badly, they'll simply take two Tylenol before every practice to make sure they're admitted to rehearsal. Even Mark Cuban said: "I am not as big a fan of the temperature check, because if you just eat three quick extra-strength Tylenol, you can beat those tests."

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Well as much fun the calendar shoot must be, they seem to have made the right decision and decided to recycle shots from last year for this years calendar. Once again Rachel W got the cover of the big calendar, Tess got cover of the smaller one, Savannah cover of sidelines, and Gina cover of the desk pad. The picture of the back of the calendar is from the mini one. 

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Edited by Kitkatkitty
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Well as much fun the calendar shoot must be, they seem to have made the right decision and decided to recycle shots from last year for this years calendar. Once again Rachel W got the cover of the big calendar, Tess got cover of the smaller one, Savannah cover of sidelines, and Gina cover of the desk pad. The picture of the back of the calendar is from the mini one. 

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

I bet TK is ready to spit nails over this. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CmplxSimon said:

Consider, though, that the football team is there since they’re not going to Oxnard. There’s also front office staff, facilities and housekeeping people, dining staff  etc. 

Say they start with 60 DCC TCCs, , 30 CMT crew, 10 or so DCC staff plus an ever revolving cast of guest choreographers, hair and makeup/makeover crew, on set paramedic, whatever Covid screeners are required etc... dont see how they can bring that can bring a group that big to the Star/Ford center. They can’t keep the girls on the outside fields in Texas heat.

Oh I get it. I think it can be done safely though. There are summer camps in the DFW metroplex with 5 times as many people as it would take to film MTT. Camps are going on everywhere here. My daughter is at overnight camp for two weeks. If they plan accordingly, this can be filmed. It sounds like they may know something we don’t about the football season. 

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Checking temperatures won't work.  These girls want it so badly, they'll simply take two Tylenol before every practice to make sure they're admitted to rehearsal. Even Mark Cuban said: "I am not as big a fan of the temperature check, because if you just eat three quick extra-strength Tylenol, you can beat those tests."

I bet with your insider info you could name names of those who are currently or have recently tested positive.

if they only do temperature checks, probably everyone will pass. But actual Covid tests might tell a different story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Glad they released the covers of ALL the calendars so we can see who's where and what they look like.  At least for the most part.

4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I bet TK is ready to spit nails over this. 

Wouldn't be surprised.  What I AM surprised about is that Victoria didn't get any of the covers.  Given how Kelli and, to a degree, Charlotte and Kitty have been fawning over Victoria the past two years and giving her every opportunity to be front and center, I was expecting that Victoria would get at least ONE calendar cover and at least one picture in every calendar but the swimsuit.  Even the picture they show in the sidelines calendar is not very flattering.  It's rather sad, in a way, that, pretty as Victoria is, she cannot take a good action shot.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Sideline and swimsuit are two VERY different things. 

I can just see Kelli's face if the photographer suggests VK unties her bikini top or tugs down the bottoms🤣  Or if one of the other girls tells her "pruuuuune".  Oh, what am I saying, VK would have been on the shoot by herself, no other DCC in sight while Kelli directs everything.  

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Oh I get it. I think it can be done safely though. There are summer camps in the DFW metroplex with 5 times as many people as it would take to film MTT. Camps are going on everywhere here. My daughter is at overnight camp for two weeks. If they plan accordingly, this can be filmed. It sounds like they may know something we don’t about the football season. 

My question:  Is it worth taking the risk with such a well known brand? Especially with the hotspot Texas currently is?  You can plan all you want but with a virus this lethal, there is always a risk.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I don’t want to seem pessimistic, but I work for the media and every day we get calls about positive cases at these overnight camps. I can’t remember the name of the one that had an outbreak last week but a few different sets of parents reported that their kids got sick. This is going to get worse here before it gets better. I’m not convinced there will be a football season, or if it happens, that anyone other than players, coaches, announcers and people who own the private suites will be present.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

My question:  Is it worth taking the risk with such a well known brand? Especially with the hotspot Texas currently is?  You can plan all you want but with a virus this lethal, there is always a risk.

The current fatality rate in Texas is 1.3%. 

14 hours ago, Pennstate94 said:

I don’t want to seem pessimistic, but I work for the media and every day we get calls about positive cases at these overnight camps. I can’t remember the name of the one that had an outbreak last week but a few different sets of parents reported that their kids got sick. This is going to get worse here before it gets better. I’m not convinced there will be a football season, or if it happens, that anyone other than players, coaches, announcers and people who own the private suites will be present.

No worries. I am a PICU nurse and have seen a ton in my life. Summer camp is one of the last things I am worried about. 

• Love 1