Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

The current fatality rate in Texas is 1.3%. 

I find my original question above viable  a) due to the current hotspot Texas is and b) too many can be asymptomatic so I do think it deserves serious consideration.  Just my opinion though.

• Love 16
On 7/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, Holly85 said:

I guess since they are no longer under contract with them they can pretty much go where they want to 

Can you elaborate on this? Are vets/TCCs usually under contract during the summer because they are in TC? I assume your comment means that since TC is on hold, those contracts/agreements are also on hold?

I’m having the same reaction to these photos as I do to those of my own acquaintances who seem unable to refrain from posting photos of themselves partying in groups right now. Giant side eye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 minutes ago, veronicamers said:

Can you elaborate on this? Are vets/TCCs usually under contract during the summer because they are in TC? I assume your comment means that since TC is on hold, those contracts/agreements are also on hold?

I’m having the same reaction to these photos as I do to those of my own acquaintances who seem unable to refrain from posting photos of themselves partying in groups right now. Giant side eye.

What I mean is sense tc is on hold they haven’t signed a new contract!! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2

They have to take a lot of shots of VK to get a good pic. Given how big her teeth are, she often looks a bit off (even if she closes her mouth).

Someone posted a recent video.  Looks like she fell off the wagon and is on the milkshakes again.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

No worries. I am a PICU nurse and have seen a ton in my life. Summer camp is one of the last things I am worried about. 

NICU nurse and I'm crosstrained to PICU....same here!

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

18 hours ago, go4luca said:

I find my original question above viable  a) due to the current hotspot Texas is and b) too many can be asymptomatic so I do think it deserves serious consideration.  Just my opinion though.

Also, the fatality rate is one thing, and given that the CDC thinks that there may be 10x more cases than what is being caught, we won’t know the real death rate for a long while. However, many people, including young people are having very long recoveries, and it’s unknown how much people’s life expectancy is being affected by this virus. So, certainly, death is the most severe result, but caution is warranted until we have a better idea of what sort of long-term damage is being done to the lungs and heart. 

I guess I just struggle to see a reason for bringing in new girls to Dallas that doesn’t end and begin with the show. And while I hate to weigh certain jobs against others, I can understand more why there is an urge to have pro sports (not saying that I think it’s smart), as those a billion dollar industries with athletes making millions, who are represented by unions and other agents. The balance of power is very different than that of cheerleaders. The athletes also have plentiful access to testing and (at least in the case of the NBA) are planning on living in a bubble. Those precautions may well prove to be completely insufficient, but I doubt that even 1/10th of the precautions would be taken with cheerleaders, who are, as much as we may enjoy them, a tiny slice of those billion dollars industries. I just don’t see a rationale for picking a new team under the circumstances. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Also, the fatality rate is one thing, and given that the CDC thinks that there may be 10x more cases than what is being caught, we won’t know the real death rate for a long while. However, many people, including young people are having very long recoveries, and it’s unknown how much people’s life expectancy is being affected by this virus. So, certainly, death is the most severe result, but caution is warranted is also warranted until we have a better idea of what sort of long-term damage is being done to the lungs and heart. 

I guess I just struggle to see a reason for bringing in new girls to Dallas that doesn’t end and begin with the show. And while I hate to weigh certain jobs against others, I can understand more why there is an urge to have pro sports (not saying that I think it’s smart), as those a billion dollar industries with athletes making millions, who are represented by unions and other agents. The balance of power is very different than that of cheerleaders. The athletes also have plentiful access to testing and (at least in the case of the NBA) are planning on living in a bubble. Those precautions may well prove to be completely insufficient, but I doubt that even 1/10th of the precautions would be taken with cheerleaders, who are, as much as we may enjoy them, a tiny slice of those billion dollars industries. I just don’t see a rationale for picking a new team under the circumstances. 

I don't know what they are going to do. Training camp is already a month behind, with no start date established. In hind site they should have gone with just the returning vets. They even brought more girls than normal, and now those girls will only have a fraction of the time, if any time, in camp. 

• Love 9

The NFL players association has requested no pre-season games, not just a reduced number of them.  If the NFL only has regular season that buys a little time before DCC would have to be field-ready.  That would make a lesser impact of a delayed TCC and team selection.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Also, the fatality rate is one thing, and given that the CDC thinks that there may be 10x more cases than what is being caught, we won’t know the real death rate for a long while. However, many people, including young people are having very long recoveries, and it’s unknown how much people’s life expectancy is being affected by this virus. So, certainly, death is the most severe result, but caution is warranted is also warranted until we have a better idea of what sort of long-term damage is being done to the lungs and heart. 

I can see women in their 20s not fully appreciating the risk (as we all feel invulnerable at that age), but I just can't believe the parents would permit that.  I know that these women are adults and can do what they want, but if one of them were my daughter, I'd do all I could to keep her out of training camp (at least right now).  But of course, many parents think being a DCC is the ultimate accomplishment in life and thus are likely willing to risk it.  

I'm thinking they will eventually announce that the entire football season has been moved to the Spring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, SmpIsimon said:

I'm thinking they will eventually announce that the entire football season has been moved to the Spring.

I honestly don't see a way for this year's season to happen.  Especially with some players already having COVID in combination with the recent spikes and virus mutations.  I don't think it's worth the risk for the players or the ladies.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I can see women in their 20s not fully appreciating the risk (as we all feel invulnerable at that age), but I just can't believe the parents would permit that.  I know that these women are adults and can do what they want, but if one of them were my daughter, I'd do all I could to keep her out of training camp (at least right now).  But of course, many parents think being a DCC is the ultimate accomplishment in life and thus are likely willing to risk it.  

You also have to take in the fact that voluntarily dropping from training camp would get a girl blacklisted so fast she wouldn't have time to blink. Also, many of these girls do not live with their parents and most people in this country are very uninformed on the realities of the pandemic.

I think a team will be picked no matter what considering that NFL teams without TV shows have continued their auditions. Whether or not training camp happens in person is the real question. If the season is moved to the spring than I would think training camp would be shifted as well and they would pick a team then. Or they could just do virtual appearances. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I think a team will be picked no matter what considering that NFL teams without TV shows have continued their auditions. Whether or not training camp happens in person is the real question. If the season is moved to the spring than I would think training camp would be shifted as well and they would pick a team then. Or they could just do virtual appearances. 

You may be right, but in that case, I think it will be all returning vets.  They aren't going to put an untested girl in a uniform.  Plus, it would be hard to even fit her for a uniform.

• Love 7
(edited)

But how much of the "stay safe rules" is Kelli going to stick to? I mean if she was willing to make a girl with a highly contagious disease eg mono come into training camp, with the chance of it being spread to other people, then there is a chance she will just make the girls come in regardless.

Ps any uk fans, DCC is showing on itvbe in the afternoons. Just noticed it today

Edited by UK-Fan
  • Love 8

The problem is we might never know anyone tested positive as I suspect it would be kept extremely hush-hush. I don't mind sharing that a very well-known dance studio in Dallas had someone test positive recently.  Although they did a thorough cleaning, they did not close the studio NOR did they even disclose to the other students that someone tested positive. I would hope Kelli would be smarter/kinder than that, but who knows.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

The problem is we might never know anyone tested positive as I suspect it would be kept extremely hush-hush. I don't mind sharing that a very well-known dance studio in Dallas had someone test positive recently.  Although they did a thorough cleaning, they did not close the studio NOR did they even disclose to the other students that someone tested positive. I would hope Kelli would be smarter/kinder than that, but who knows.

The only dance studio I heard of in texas are Kitty's. But no idea how big her studio is but I am assuming she is "well known" considering she sent people like that choreographer to la etc, nick or whatever his name is? But is Gilly's a studio? and that powerdance place that Stephanie di biase teaches at(?)

But who knows what Kelli will do. The amount of stupid things she done over the years especially things that she shouldn't have done over the years ...... Only one way to deal with it. Watch what happens.

Even the girls trying out, we all know that if they wanted to do it they will, even if their parents protest theres always one or two (and more) who will disobey their parents orders and do what they want anyway.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Someone posted a recent video.  Looks like she fell off the wagon and is on the milkshakes again.

She is not off the wagon by any means. In fact she looks trimmer than last season. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UK-Fan said:

The only dance studio I heard of in texas are Kitty's. But no idea how big her studio is but I am assuming she is "well known" considering she sent people like that choreographer to la etc, nick or whatever his name is? But is Gilly's a studio? and that powerdance place that Stephanie di biase teaches at(?)

But who knows what Kelli will do. The amount of stupid things she done over the years especially things that she shouldn't have done over the years ...... Only one way to deal with it. Watch what happens.

Even the girls trying out, we all know that if they wanted to do it they will, even if their parents protest theres always one or two (and more) who will disobey their parents orders and do what they want anyway.

For those of you who don’t know, Kitty’s is in a terrible part of town, and her parking lot is incredibly unsafe. I can never figure out why she hasn’t moved somewhere safer given that the show presents her as being the most sought after dance teacher ever. 

Powerhouse of Dance has been closed for about two years now. Stephanie teaches at Center for Dance, but I suspect it’ll close soon as well. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

For those of you who don’t know, Kitty’s is in a terrible part of town, and her parking lot is incredibly unsafe. I can never figure out why she hasn’t moved somewhere safer given that the show presents her as being the most sought after dance teacher ever. 

Powerhouse of Dance has been closed for about two years now. Stephanie teaches at Center for Dance, but I suspect it’ll close soon as well. 

Um, Lake Highlands is hardly a “terrible” part of town 😹🙄 Check out real estate in that part of town. People pay close to 7 figures for homes in that area because it’s a highly sought after school district and close to everything in Dallas proper.

As for how the show presents her- she hasn’t been on the show in over a year. She walked away.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Off topic and excuse the dumb questions from a non texan/american. Define unsafe. Unsafe as in its full of druggys/alcoholics that kind of unsafe? Or unsafe as in burglaries etc?

I didnt know powerhouse closed. As center for dance? or just covid for the reason, I guess or just that its gone downhill etc?

Edited by UK-Fan
29 minutes ago, CmplxSimon said:

As for how the show presents her- she hasn’t been on the show in over a year. She walked away.

Still 13 seasons to see her on though

8 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

I didnt know powerhouse closed. As center for dance? or just covid I guess.

Closed for two years now, so before covid.

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

Still 13 seasons to see her on though

Closed for two years now, so before covid.

No I mean the centre of dance. SMPISIMON, was saying that center of dance might be closing so the covid question was aimed at that one not the power house one.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Hildegard802 said:

My goodness Lily is distinctly not photogenic. 

Bless her heart.

She has a fit and toned body though. Her friend in the middle needs to figure out where her tan lines should be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Off topic and excuse the dumb questions from a non texan/american. Define unsafe. Unsafe as in its full of druggys/alcoholics that kind of unsafe? Or unsafe as in burglaries etc?

I didnt know powerhouse closed. As center for dance? or just covid for the reason, I guess or just that its gone downhill etc?

Kitty's studio is on the far outskirts of Lake Highlands, which as one poster above stated, is an expensive part of town, but the studio sits at an intersection that is crime ridden. Its where a main road intersects a highway. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Kitty's studio is on the far outskirts of Lake Highlands, which as one poster above stated, is an expensive part of town, but the studio sits at an intersection that is crime ridden. Its where a main road intersects a highway. 

Exactly!  That strip mall is gross.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Exactly!  That strip mall is gross.

EEEEWWWWW. I think you owe me a keyboard lol!!!! I was eating lunch whilst reading forums and read that and had in my head a mental picture of the girls working as strippers when they are not at practise or at games or working at DCC and just spat a whole mouth of soup I was eating, imagining what Kelli and Judy and Charlotte would say to that esp when the girls were like "oh I got that idea from that strip mall across the street from Kitty's" lol.

I guess that kind of explains why Kitty told Emma Dunton (now all star) she looked like a stripper at tcc, her rookie year because of her over done tan. Maybe Kitty was trying to attract the strippers to dance at her studio so they werent working as a prostititue or something like that LOL

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

Yup, i wouldnt get out of the car there. Lol

Agreed!  There is a disgusting laundromat in that strip mall called Wash N Dry, and it has bars on all the doors and windows.  That tells me all I need to know about the quality of that location.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

LMAO.  Transitional is a good word for Forest & Abrams.  It's a convenient location and the lease has got to be dirt cheap, as long as Kitty has been there.  Plus there's a chik-fil-a close by for those after class milkshakes.  

Even if Kitty had wanted to move her location, clearly that won't be happening any time soon since the revenue is down this year.

• LOL 3

Plus (assuming it is how it is in the location from what you guys said) it probably is great promotion for her dance studio being right at the intersection esp if people have to go past it to and from work or to get out of town, I'm guessing? And thats without having to pay for advertising/marketing.

(edited)
5 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

EEEEWWWWW. I think you owe me a keyboard lol!!!! I was eating lunch whilst reading forums and read that and had in my head a mental picture of the girls working as strippers when they are not at practise or at games or working at DCC and just spat a whole mouth of soup I was eating, imagining what Kelli and Judy and Charlotte would say to that esp when the girls were like "oh I got that idea from that strip mall across the street from Kitty's" lol.

I guess that kind of explains why Kitty told Emma Dunton (now all star) she looked like a stripper at tcc, her rookie year because of her over done tan. Maybe Kitty was trying to attract the strippers to dance at her studio so they werent working as a prostititue or something like that LOL

LOL. I hope you are kidding. Strip malls have nothing to do with strippers. They are a line of shops all in a row, sharing a parking lot.

Screenshot_2020-07-08-14-19-59.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Plus (assuming it is how it is in the location from what you guys said) it probably is great promotion for her dance studio being right at the intersection esp if people have to go past it to and from work or to get out of town, I'm guessing? And thats without having to pay for advertising/marketing.

Just out of curosity, I looked it up on Google Maps. The satellite view looks like it is on the edge of a residential neighborhood -- so that could be good. The rest of the surroundings -- not so sure. Certainly doesn't look like she's getting any free advertising from being on the "corner" of a busy intersection -- looks to be too far back in.

Screenshot_2020-07-08-14-29-05_compress80.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

LOL. I hope you are kidding. Strip malls have nothing to do with strippers. They are a line of shops all in a row.

The first paragraph, was a joke. You cant tell? Hahaha. 🙂🙂

13 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Just out of curosity, I looked it up on Google Maps. The satellite view looks like it is on the edge of a residential neighborhood -- so that could be good. The rest of the surroundings -- not so sure. Certainly doesn't look like she's getting any free advertising from being on the "corner" of a busy intersection -- looks to be too far back in.

Screenshot_2020-07-08-14-29-05_compress80.jpg

Its just off  635, but trust me, it's the ass end of 635

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

That strip mall is depressing.  Other than Kitty's, the only things still open there are C Dallas Nails, Primo Brothers Pizza and Wash N Dry. Many of the girls from out of town are shocked when they see it with their own eyes.  I bet she hasn't spent a dime on that place in years.  It's really run-down. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

The first paragraph, was a joke. You cant tell? Hahaha. 🙂🙂

Actually that area looks,like it’s improved since I worked in the 2 schools nearby!  The area was much much worse years ago,   The demolition of some surrounding apartments improved things!  😄

• Love 3
On 7/7/2020 at 4:11 AM, chabelisaywow said:

5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Link or pic?

If you look at Vic's current IG story featuring a dance off from her brother's Tik Tok, she definitely does not look fat.  It's not that easy to look thin in sweat pants.  This coming from a non Vic fan.

• Love 2

All the raw material is there with VK, and it’s just not quite connecting. Would love to see her improve with experience, but she has to be willing to learn and others have to be willing to teach. And with all the politics that go into her relationship with Kelli...sigh. It’s a shame, really, because I think she could be strong. 

Her figure looks fine IMO...she might just be a little bloated. Happens to the best of us depending on timing and tortilla chips and maybe a big lunch. 

On this particular piece, I’ll admit I’ve never been a fan of this song, but I didn’t care for the choreography. And the smiley facials felt out of place too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Weighing in to say I agree with those who are annoyed by the social media posts flaunting these happy get togethers. So many people have been affected in one way or another and it just screams selfishness when you advertise your close contact fun times. The issue always boils down to personal desires vs public responsibility. When I hear arguments like young people aren't at risk for dying, "I'm not worried" or even the "death rate's declining,"  I know that they are only looking at themselves in this equation. Absolutely happy to hear the death rate is declining (for now). Given the fact that we have gotten somewhat better at protecting our nursing homes, and more vulnerable people, alongside the fact that hospitals and doctors are learning how to better care for COVID patients, alongside some people actually employing the use of masks and safe practices- you would expect the death rate to go down. But we are still at risk for overwhelming our healthcare system - and flu season is also upon us. If we don't work to reduce COMMUNITY spread, we are shooting ourselves in the foot in a few months. People forget. It's not about the COVID patients being in the hospital. It's about the number of COVID patients using bed space and resources that would ordinarily be used for other types of patients. The system as a whole becomes strained. So to all the young ladies, having a good time and not really caring much about their own health - that is fine - but please stop posing at least. 

4 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

vlcsnap-2020-07-08-21h22m06s532.jpg.275910bf0d95b5cf22f0ebd485cd2620.jpgvlcsnap-2020-07-08-21h22m41s058.jpg.8386dbf6b256a05c15998584bf085c50.jpg

I actually really want to be a fan. I just can't get over how heavy her dancing is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I actually really want to be a fan. I just can't get over how heavy her dancing is. 

She needs to work on her core muscles to get better flexibility and lightness in her dance. Sure, she can kick and do her splits but she’s a power kicker; she can’t seem to hold her leg in the air without it crashing to the ground quickly.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

That strip mall is depressing.  Other than Kitty's, the only things still open there are C Dallas Nails, Primo Brothers Pizza and Wash N Dry. Many of the girls from out of town are shocked when they see it with their own eyes.  I bet she hasn't spent a dime on that place in years.  It's really run-down. 

Girl, I wish the country wasn't in COVID crisis, i'd love to come down there & see all the places we've seen on the show over the years. One of these days i'm coming down to go to a game!!! 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Girl, I wish the country wasn't in COVID crisis, i'd love to come down there & see all the places we've seen on the show over the years. One of these days i'm coming down to go to a game!!! 

If you go to Kitty's, carry some pepper spray.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

LOL. I hope you are kidding. Strip malls have nothing to do with strippers. They are a line of shops all in a row, sharing a parking lot.

I kind of hope she’s not kidding. I wonder what that type of strip mall would be like... stores with nothing but 4” translucent heels, Pasties ‘R’ Us, etc. 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

She needs to work on her core muscles to get better flexibility and lightness in her dance. Sure, she can kick and do her splits but she’s a power kicker; she can’t seem to hold her leg in the air without it crashing to the ground quickly.

Her dancing kinda reminds me of Caila, good enough to make the team but heavy and not so fun to watch. I think her figure looks fine in this recent video so I'm more inclined to believe she was bloated in the video with the blue shirt. Plus in both of the stills posted on the board she has her back arched which pushes out the stomach area.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Thats exactly it! I could never put my finger on it. It just looked heavy. But you've stated it perfectly!

• Love 3