Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/3/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

So Margo represents Meg in Bombshell, according to Meg. Sure, Jan.

Is she fucking kidding? She was on Fox from July 2015 to September 2017. Roger Ailes left Fox in the summer of 2016.  I doubt Meghan was any more than a blip on Fox New's history.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Is there a reason Joy was not there for the Rosie Perez segment?

What was Whoopi going to ask Jurnee?  How she felt about being Jussie Smollett's sister?  Odd way to not ask a question. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why did Whoopie ask Jurnee about her horrible brother?  Whoopie should know better than to ask her something like that..

same reason Sunny asked Rev Run Simmons about his brother Russell, maybe hoping for that viral moment.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why did Whoopie ask Jurnee about her horrible brother?  Whoopie should know better than to ask her something like that..

She didn't ask, but seemed on the verge of it before saying she wasn't going to ask. 

Me-Again DID ask Rosie about testifying at the Weinstein trial, hoping for her viral moment, but Rosie said she cannot talk about an ongoing trial, obviously.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TV Diva Queen said:

same reason Sunny asked Rev Run Simmons about his brother Russell, maybe hoping for that viral moment.  

It's obscene to do that to a guest.  They are not responsible for their siblings' actions. 

• Love 12

VICTORY LAP?!!!! May I remind Mizz Political Pundit/Serious Journalist/Cool and Happening TV Star that impeachment is forever - a "stain on his record FOREVER" so I hardly see that as a thing to celebrate! 

See? She "claims" to despise Trump but yet every now and then comes out with statements that play to the contrary. How about we just don't believe anything she says until it is properly confirmed? And I see she is back to interrupting and talking on top of someone. Or did she ever stop?

I  would LOVE for Rosie to be back on the show. Can you imagine her putting up with Mags for ONE MINUTE?!!! Man, would she put her in her place!!! Bet their ratings would go through the roof.

Edited by Sam Spayaid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

This first time I’ve watched since the impeachment other than a few  clips online. 
Boy I’m confused both Megan and Abby said Bombsell was not a movie for them and I felt almost a hostility about it in the past from them. Today the actress represents her? 
I wonder why they they didn’t address the Trump behavior at the Super Bowl as being such a patriot she should be foaming at the mouth. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, nokat said:

She will stop for maybe a day, then she's back being a "pundit."

Pundint? Pundit?

More like a pun-didn't.

Never has. Never will. 

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

See? She "claims" to despise Trump but yet every now and then comes out with statements that play to the contrary.

Didn't she say this morning, when she was telling Joy it was a "pipe dream" (which she never fully explained, even after Joy asked) that Trump was looking pretty good right now?  On what planet?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I’m looking forward to Buttigieg even more now. I’m expecting McCain to be more feral than we’ve ever seen her, tbh. Buttigieg is the antidote to her, imo. She thrives on subjects being complex or overly detailed in order to foster as much confusion and distortion as possible. One of his strengths is breaking down complex issues very easily and on the fly. I’m sure she’ll try it with him, and I hope he roasts her--and all with a smile.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m looking forward to Buttigieg even more now. I’m expecting McCain to be more feral than we’ve ever seen her, tbh. Buttigieg is the antidote to her, imo. She thrives on subjects being complex or overly detailed in order to foster as much confusion and distortion as possible. One of his strengths is breaking down complex issues very easily and on the fly. I’m sure she’ll try it with him, and I hope he roasts her--and all with a smile.

I hate to defend Messy but there is alot about Buttigieg that she can use against him. I actually think Sunny will grill Buttigieg, she will not be inflammatory but she will not be a shrinking violet either.

• Love 5

I'm really just going by how she's acted towards him and Joe Biden on the show up 'til now to guess that. I expect Sunny will ask him tough questions, too. Whereas Sunny's concern has been and will be black voters, McCain's only concern is her personal friendship with Joe Biden. McCain's attacked anyone who might get in Biden's way, once even dismissing Buttigieg as nothing more than "a shiny object."

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

One of his strengths is breaking down complex issues very easily and on the fly. I’m sure she’ll try it with him, and I hope he roasts her--and all with a smile.

He completely disarmed Joy Reid when he was on her show this past Sunday, in exactly that manner.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jkspeaks said:

So what was going to be Meg's announcement? 

I wondered the same thing myself; they never said.  I wonder if she changed her mind, or if it was no big deal, so it flew under the radar and nobody noticed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

So what was going to be Meg's announcement? 

Whoopi got my hopes up. Briefly, I thought Meghun was going to quit.

9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I just need to know where I can find the necklace that Sunny was wearing today. Looks like a silver shiny starburst. Or I should say a facsimile of since hers probably cost a fortune
 I love it.  

Get your change out.

https://www.samira13.com/search?q=sunburst

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm really just going by how she's acted towards him and Joe Biden on the show up 'til now to guess that. I expect Sunny will ask him tough questions, too. Whereas Sunny's concern has been and will be black voters, McCain's only concern is her personal friendship with Joe Biden. McCain's attacked anyone who might get in Biden's way, once even dismissing Buttigieg as nothing more than "a shiny object."

I agree with Megan's assessment of him. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

Interesting that MM disdains Buttigieg even though he was a marine. 

She's a two-faced, hypocrite, or is that redundant? Like a lying liar who lies? (which I love). 

They should make her redundant. 

For non-British viewers, redundant means laid off from your job.  

I haven't watched for about 4 weeks.

Starting my new year right. 

I should have made it a resolution.

Nah, Megaphone will do some crazy Exorcist shit with her neck and eye rolls, and I will have to watch her implode. 

So far, I can get all my jollies here with your hilarious, spot on  comments without the bitterness of Me-again's visage spoiling my tv screen. 

Keep on snarking. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

She didn't ask, but seemed on the verge of it before saying she wasn't going to ask. 

Me-Again DID ask Rosie about testifying at the Weinstein trial, hoping for her viral moment, but Rosie said she cannot talk about an ongoing trial, obviously.

If that is true, that the question was in the teleprompter, then Whoopi is not showing up for her briefings.

I don't think it was that, I think she just didn't like the way the question was worded.  She does that a lot.  Again, show up for briefings and they can change it in the teleprompter to your liking.  She acts like the teleprompter is separate from the actual show!  It is not that complicated. Professional people do this all the time and make a fraction of your money.  Sigh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, deirdra said:

On one hand, I like that Rosie stuck it to Her Twatness with that line; on the other, it's confusing because the case isn't under a gag order, nor private, where the press is blocked from covering it; There are articles daily about the trial and the witnesses who testified and what their testimony was. The ONLY people who can't talk about it to the media or their own social media, is the jury. But again. It's possible the judge ordered the witnesses not to discuss it outside of the courtroom to the press/on shows, etc.

6 hours ago, bannana said:

If that is true, that the question was in the teleprompter, then Whoopi is not showing up for her briefings.

I don't think it was that, I think she just didn't like the way the question was worded.  She does that a lot.  Again, show up for briefings and they can change it in the teleprompter to your liking.  She acts like the teleprompter is separate from the actual show!  It is not that complicated. Professional people do this all the time and make a fraction of your money.  Sigh.

Or it could be Whoopi just deciding to ignore what she was told to do. We've seen her, many, many times, arguing with the producer in her ear piece, or just go off. Or it could be as you said: Whoopi not showing up for the briefings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Loved MM trying to make Bombshell about her own self.  Margo was like "yeah.....the movie is not about you...."

Yeah, and it looked to me as if Margo was surprised at MeAgain's comment, like she didn't realize she had worked at Fox.  

I also recall MeAgain saying Ailes never acted inappropriately toward her.  Of course not, her father was alive and well when she worked there.  She was protected.

• Love 14

There's she goes again.   "I used to work in radio...".     Megs used to do everything, apparently, and knows everyone, whatever the subject is.  Blech.   And who the hell is she staring at out front when the rest of the table is talking???   Does she have a ringer out in the audience giving her hand signals like a catcher in baseball?   Because we know she can't think on her feet and only contributes info that's on her blue cards.   When the convo veers in a direction not on her damnable cards, what's a girl to do?   She searches the crowd for her "catcher" giving her clues as to what to say.     That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Megs might be intimidated by Alec Baldwin.  She's awfully quiet.

Because she knows he'll chew her up and spit her out. She is waaaaay out of her league if she thinks she can spar, or even try a "gotcha!" with him. Too bad. I would have loved to read that she did try and got filleted herself. And that it would go viral.

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because she knows he'll chew her up and spit her out. She is waaaaay out of her league if she thinks she can spar, or even try a "gotcha!" with him. Too bad. I would have loved to read that she did try and got filleted herself. And that it would go viral.

I wish she would have said something just to have been able to see the shock on her face when he was done replying.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I wish she would have said something just to have been able to see the shock on her face when he was done replying.

She was not happy with what he said but she does not have the intellect to counter his assertions. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Did I hear MM say her father “surpassed” Iowa because it was a caucus state?  Another misuse of a word/using the wrong word?  I assume she meant he skipped Iowa...surpass is something else.  

Maybe "bypassed"?

28 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Megs might be intimidated by Alec Baldwin.  She's awfully quiet.

I know!  She wasn't either of her two extremes - glowering and rude or over-exuberant and loud.  I was wondering if it was due to him specifically or just because he was a male presence at the table.  Maybe that's what they need as their next co-host.  I'm all for it if it keeps her on an even keel.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Maybe "bypassed"?

I know!  She wasn't either of her two extremes - glowering and rude or over-exuberant and loud.  I was wondering if it was due to him specifically or just because he was a male presence at the table.  Maybe that's what they need as their next co-host.  I'm all for it if it keeps her on an even keel.  

I was also wondering if she was being so timid because of the male presence.  If so, it may give us some insight into her marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Maybe "bypassed"?

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I was also wondering if she was being so timid because of the male presence.  If so, it may give us some insight into her marriage.

Of course it's bypassed, but the Twatness can't event tell the difference.

Regarding the bolded: I disagree. I still remember her utter disrespect for Senator Durbin when he appeared on the show. I'd say it's probably because Alec didn't kiss her ass by genuflecting to her about her sire, as others who do--constantly.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

And who the hell is she staring at out front when the rest of the table is talking???   Does she have a ringer out in the audience giving her hand signals like a catcher in baseball?   

Maybe Mr. Meghan was in the audience since he has the hots for Jessica Simpson.

• LOL 6

Hey everyone don’t you know?MM is obsessed??? She can’t just say she’s a fan, she’s obsessed... ok  

and apparently knows everyone, and has worked everywhere.  I loved watching how uncomfortable she was when Alec was talking. She can’t fake a smile if her life depended on it. 
Girlfriend is showing her jealousy- she just had to be in on something. She’s so messed up. Even if it means being one of women who was  sexually harassed which she claims never happened to her. I saw Bombshell,  Abby was represented in the film Not MeAgain. 

• Love 11
On 2/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, deirdra said:

Is there a reason Joy was not there for the Rosie Perez segment?

What was Whoopi going to ask Jurnee?  How she felt about being Jussie Smollett's sister?  Odd way to not ask a question. 

Damn, I had no idea that they were siblings!

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Aileen said:

There's approximately 0% chance that Jessica Simpson was sober today.

Yeah. So much for conquering that demon! If she wasn't half in the bag, then some kind of drug perhaps but man...did it look like she was wasted.  Then again, she always sounds ditsy and not particularly bright.

And Jessica? I wouldn't take John Mayer's "sexual napalm" comment too seriously. Consider the source and with some guys, if you even did one little thing "out of the ordinary" they'd probably lose their minds and think you some sort of sexual wizard!

Agree with the male co-host theory. If that's what it takes to make Mags behave, then please hire one but seeing how ABC has elevated ignoring their viewers criticisms to an art form, that will likely never happen. 

• Love 5

I dont think she was necessarily wasted,  i think she may have been having dental work done.  She looked like she had a kind of retainer or something in her mouth.  Ive had a ton of dental work done.  In the beginning i could still talk fine.  As more and more was done,  i was lisping horribly and just like mashmouth. Anyone i talk to can barely understand me.  Forget about saying anything with an 's' in it.  Dentures in,  no lisp.  I could be way off base but thats my entry in the was she wasted pool heh.  I thought i had heard her say on another show that its only been like a year or so sober.  Thats still pretty fresh and i wonder if its too soon to be baring all  *shrug*

P.s.  was that her parents in the audience?  I didnt hear what she said.  I cant imagine she would be wasted with the folks there.  

P.p.s.  i could see how all the other scenarios are a possibility.  Absolutely.  I hope not though.  You would think though if those were the case,  there would be reports of her falling over or waliking into walls or being a bitch,  etc etc. I havent heard of any.  Im going to go with the botox filler theory for my entry in the pool heh

Edited by Tammee
Added more
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jessica Simpson seems drugged to me.

28 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Yeah. So much for conquering that demon! If she wasn't half in the bag, then some kind of drug perhaps but man...did it look like she was wasted. 

There's much talk that alcohol isn't exactly the only demon in her life.  And while she writes about conquering her battle with the bottle, she has left out the other demon, so as to keep her story more acceptable and relatable to the average, stressed out "busy mom" who maybe has too much wine after a particular stressful day.  The other demon would have altered the image she has built. 

3 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I cant imagine she would be wasted with the folks there.  

She did countless interviews through the years totally wasted, she is talking about that now because of her book.  And her Mom was with her every single time.  She's always around. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

There's much talk that alcohol isn't exactly the only demon in her life.  And while she writes about conquering her battle with the bottle, she has left out the other demon, so as to keep her story more acceptable and relatable to the average, stressed out "busy mom" who maybe has too much wine after a particular stressful day.  The other demon would have altered the image she has built. 

What is her other demon? Please spill!

• Love 1
On 2/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, Sam Spayaid said:

VICTORY LAP?!!!! May I remind Mizz Political Pundit/Serious Journalist/Cool and Happening TV Star that impeachment is forever - a "stain on his record FOREVER" so I hardly see that as a thing to celebrate! 

See? She "claims" to despise Trump but yet every now and then comes out with statements that play to the contrary. How about we just don't believe anything she says until it is properly confirmed? And I see she is back to interrupting and talking on top of someone. Or did she ever stop?

Meghan cannot figure out a point of view.  She claims to hate trump, but the republican party supports trump and she NEEDS to be on board with whatever her party does. 

Ana Navarro is capable of complex thought, she can be a conservative and think trump is a bully and a liar.   Because Ana doesn't feel the need to please the republican party. Meghan doesn't have that ability.  to her, it's all about us vs. them -  the republicans are the good guys, the Democrats are the bad guys.  when she says anything against trump, she might be siding  with the party she despises.   She doesn't make sense, contradicts herself, because she doesn't know what she thinks.  as much as she says she hates partisanship and "identity politics," those are the things that drive her opinions. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
On 2/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, deirdra said:

On one hand, I like that Rosie stuck it to Her Twatness with that line; on the other, it's confusing because the case isn't under a gag order, nor private, where the press is blocked from covering it; There are articles daily about the trial and the witnesses who testified and what their testimony was. The ONLY people who can't talk about it to the media or their own social media, is the jury. But again. It's possible the judge ordered the witnesses not to discuss it outside of the courtroom to the press/on shows, etc.

This is true, however, if Rosie had commented on the case, Weinstein's sleazy defense attorney could call her back to the stand and pick apart what she said.  Rosie was smart in not answering the question. 

• Love 9