Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/3/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 3 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Feb. 4 – Margot Robbie, Rosie Perez, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ella Jay Basco and Jurnee Smollett-Bell (“Birds of Prey”) 

Wednesday, Feb. 5 — Alec Baldwin guest co-hosts; Jessica Simpson (author, “Open Book”) 

Thursday, Feb. 6 — The Political View with 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg 

Friday, Feb. 7 — Shania Twain (“I Still Believe”)

• Love 5

Jessica is promoting her new book and from the tidbits I've read she's had a hard but interesting life. She's sweet too, so I'm looking forward to her interview.

This week seems more balanced compared to last week. All the guests look interesting too...well everyone except Mayor Pete. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looking forward to Perez and Buttigieg. And I won't mind seeing Baldwin and Simpson either, I guess. I suppose Whoopi'll be as nice to Perez as she was to Faris, despite treating them horribly when they actually worked there.

I take a hard pass on Pete.  What did Whoopie do to Rosie Perez? It was the producers who treated Rosie Perez bad from what I recall. Remember the kerfuffle with Kelly Osbourne who made a crack against Latino immigrants and Rosie was forced by the producers to say that she was not offended even though she clearly was..

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Where are you that the show aired?  We got impeachment coverage.

You all will have to let us know if there were any VYD deals that we missed! 🤣

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
48 minutes ago, Mimi said:

Yep, Canada!  There was no VYD, Thank goodness😀

The show consisted of Joy complaining about not being invited to a party that she doesn't want to go to, Whoopi long-windedly trying again to convince us that the cohosts all get along and are merely telling us their views (we are still not convinced), fashion, and MM revealing that she is all grey so that is why she bleaches her hair to within an inch of its life.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6

<Sigh> Jessica Simpson coming on to flog her book? This is really becoming so boring. It seems like everybody and their brother has a book out. Sorry but this just seems like a desperate attempt to be relevant again. I always thought this woman was short on talent but long on lacking intelligence. She reminds me of some blowsy babe nursing a hangover.  She is one of those women who speak at a slower speed and always sounds like she just got up.

Mags Monday To-Do List:

Totally fawn over Whoopi and kiss her ass and blather on about her like she's a Nobel Prize winner and not just an EGOT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

The show consisted of Joy complaining about not being invited to a party that she doesn't want to go to, Whoopi long-windedly trying again to convince us that the cohosts all get along and are merely telling us their views (we are still not convinced), fashion, and MM revealing that she is all grey so that is why she bleaches her hair to within an inch of its life.

And MeAgain saying how she doesn't care about what others think about her, but then Joy outs her saying that MeAgain reads the comments on her Twitter.  MeAgain also said an entire newspaper said she was a horrible human being, citing the op ed in the NYT.

19 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Totally fawn over Whoopi and kiss her ass and blather on about her like she's a Nobel Prize winner and not just an EGOT.

Yes, she was like: you are Whoopi fucking Goldberg.  At which Joy did her slight eye roll.  MeAgain also said motherfucker in describing the emoji in a tweet they were discussing.  ✌️

They also discussed whether they would challenge their boss, the topic was that younger people are challenging their CEOs.  Joy didn't seem to know that Brian was her boss, and they all asked whether he is their boss, and he said yes, amongst many.  Then they talked about Barbara who was really their boss.  Sunny and MeAgain talked about how intimidating BaWa was when they guest co-hosted, but Joy and Whoopi just shrugged it off.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Mags Monday To-Do List:

Uh-huh. Sure. Probably doing this in advance before Whoopi hears about how Her Twatness claimed that "Whoopi apologized" to her. TWICE. And that Whoopi wasn't herself when she told her to "stop talking."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

She reminds me of some blowsy babe nursing a hangover.  She is one of those women who speak at a slower speed and always sounds like she just got up.

Bless her heart. I never cared for her until her long ago ex Tony Romo made fun of her weight on SNL right after they broke up. That was a low blow and earned her my sympathy.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

MeAgain also said an entire newspaper said she was a horrible human being, citing the op ed in the NYT

God, she is such a drama queen. 🙄

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Bless her heart. I never cared for her until her long ago ex Tony Romo made fun of her weight on SNL right after they broke up. That was a low blow and earned her my sympathy.

He did that?? So mean. Almost every guy I know thinks Jessica’s smokin hot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

She is also a victim. I don't know how the ladies even speak to her given how she is liking nasty tweets about them on tweeter. Unbelievable! She has alot of balls to do that..

• Love 8

So today was a new episode? The view youtube page hasn't put it up yet. I wonder if they are going to rerun it soon.

6 hours ago, bannana said:

And MeAgain saying how she doesn't care about what others think about her, but then Joy outs her saying that MeAgain reads the comments on her Twitter.  MeAgain also said an entire newspaper said she was a horrible human being, citing the op ed in the NYT.

I glad to read that Joy called her out. Meghun is always talking about what people say/write about her.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, falltime said:

So today was a new episode? The view youtube page hasn't put it up yet. I wonder if they are going to rerun it soon.

I glad to read that Joy called her out. Meghun is always talking about what people say/write about her.

It was pretty clear it was a pre-recorded ep.  No mention of impeachment or the Superbowl.  Just fluffy hot topics. But AFAIK it was not a repeat.  No VYD.

• Love 3

Iowa isn't representative of the Democratic tent at all, like Sunny said. I watched a lot of the coverage last night and only saw a couple people who look like me. Hopefully we finally say goodbye to Iowa caucuses. This was a complete disaster.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Of course it matters who ends up winning.

Well, luckily, Iowa has paper ballots; it's just adding all the totals together that was the problem, and they weren't set up to get 1700+ (number of precincts) phone calls reporting the results.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Iowa isn't representative of the Democratic tent at all, like Sunny said. I watched a lot of the coverage last night and only saw a couple people who look like me. Hopefully we finally say goodbye to Iowa caucuses. This was a complete disaster.

On another show they said turnout is less than 250k, which isn’t even a large city, so take the results with a grain of salt. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

On another show they said turnout is less than 250k, which isn’t even a large city, so take the results with a grain of salt. 

Oh yeah I am, but Iowa is like 90 percent white and that doesn't represent the Dem party like Sunny said. 

• Love 15

I actually agreed with Megan, she was coherent and delivered her points well about the debacle in Iowa.  

Whoopie was amazing  when she spoke about the Black navy hero that was called the "negro mess man"  I loved her passion throughout it all and it made me smile.  

• Love 13

So Rosie Perez has a role in a big film like this and is doing all the media rounds while Whoopi is confined to The Spew where she spends her weeks getting screamed at by an overgrown, spoiled brat with no talent or skills to speak of. Karma. And Perez looks great, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

I just need to know where I can find the necklace that Sunny was wearing today. Looks like a silver shiny starburst. Or I should say a facsimile of since hers probably cost a fortune
 I love it.  

She wears this all the time. I don’t remember what she said the significance is tho.

So Margo represents Meg in Bombshell, according to Meg. Sure, Jan.

Oh goodie!  They saved VYD for today!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6