Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/3/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I dont think she was necessarily wasted,  i think she may have been having dental work done.  She looked like she had a kind of retainer or something in her mouth.  Ive had a ton of dental work done.  In the beginning i could still talk fine.  As more and more was done,  i was lisping horribly and just like mashmouth. Anyone i talk to can barely understand me.  Forget about saying anything with an 's' in it.  Dentures in,  no lisp.  I could be way off base but thats my entry in the was she wasted pool heh.  I thought i had heard her say on another show that its only been like a year or so sober.  Thats still pretty fresh and i wonder if its too soon to be baring all  *shrug*

P.s.  was that her parents in the audience?  I didnt hear what she said.  I cant imagine she would be wasted with the folks there.  

I agree.  Also could be plastic surgery....her cheeks looked really full like fillers, etc.. they didn’t move much, nor did her forehead.  She seemed to be able to express her thoughts well enough to not be high.

• Love 8

I found Alec Baldwin a bit annoying today, and so was Joy.  She kept interrupting.  And she was being really thick when he said if he were President he would award the Medal of Freedom to Louis C.K.  Whoopi had to tell her that AB was joking and Joy was still not sure he was.  I think all of this impeachment drama is taking a toll on her psyche.  But when AB said when he and Steve hosted the Oscars, and Joy clarified Steve Martin, AB was kind of an arrogant prick saying everyone knows it was Steve Martin and then dropping famous first name people like Whoopi and saying he had lunch with Mick.  Another annoyance, didn't AB invoke MeAgain's father at one point?

MeAgain said she would have loved the SOTU if it wasn't Trump.  Well there you go.  Joy challenged her saying, even with all the lies.  MeAgain:  I didn't notice any lies.  Okay, there shall be no more doubt that MeAgain is a Trumper at heart but cannot be open about it because, well, "my father".

we see you heben nigatu GIF

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I saw her on another show in a close up and I thought Jessica had had her top lip botoxed because only her bottom lip moved. 

Ahhhh yes.  That would def do it!

On 2/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, Pearson80 said:

Why did Whoopie ask Jurnee about her horrible brother?  Whoopie should know better than to ask her something like that..

Was that the question she said she wasnt going to ask?  What was it and when did she ask it?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

I saw her on another show in a close up and I thought Jessica had had her top lip botoxed because only her bottom lip moved. 

I definitely thought she had lip fillers.  Her upper lip looked so odd.  I've seen so few famous people who've done this that look better afterwards.

• Love 6

Jessica probably also had her face botoxed up for her book tour.  The lips would affect her speech, but the dull aspect of her expressionless face was probably botox.  People passionate about their lives have cheek and eye expressions that express their feelings.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/whoopi-goldberg-meghan-mccain-rush-limbaugh-200304733.html

I always like when the media shows non View viewers Meghan being her horrible self.

Whoopi rolling her eyes at McCain's defense of Limbaugh was the best part of the show. Otherwise, it was kind of boring today.

6 hours ago, deirdra said:

Drugs, presumably.

I thought she said she also had a problem with diet pills.

I personally thought she was just nervous and anxious (combined with her normal ditsiness).

• Love 7

I felt bad for Alec Baldwin.  He was trying to have a serious conversation and make a valid point (that Democrats need to stop all the fighting among themselves and just get behind whichever candidate ends up winning the nomination) and all Joy and Sunny could do was interrupt.  Then they put a picture of him as Trump up and you could just tell he was over the entire thing.  

And yes, Jessica Simpson had so much lip injection/botox/whatever going on with her face.  She looked ridiculous.  I'm guessing she had it done because of all the interviews she's going to be doing to promote her book but she looked terrible.  

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I felt bad for Alec Baldwin.  He was trying to have a serious conversation and make a valid point (that Democrats need to stop all the fighting among themselves and just get behind whichever candidate ends up winning the nomination) and all Joy and Sunny could do was interrupt.  Then they put a picture of him as Trump up and you could just tell he was over the entire thing.  

And yes, Jessica Simpson had so much lip injection/botox/whatever going on with her face.  She looked ridiculous.  I'm guessing she had it done because of all the interviews she's going to be doing to promote her book but she looked terrible.  

I love Joy but she was so annoying, when you have a guest co-host you should let them speak as much as they want.   Alec had a valid point and the ladies missed it. I did love Messy's silence, you could tell she was out of her depth and intimidated. 

• Love 15
On 2/4/2020 at 6:36 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm really just going by how she's acted towards him and Joe Biden on the show up 'til now to guess that. I expect Sunny will ask him tough questions, too. Whereas Sunny's concern has been and will be black voters, McCain's only concern is her personal friendship with Joe Biden. McCain's attacked anyone who might get in Biden's way, once even dismissing Buttigieg as nothing more than "a shiny object."

Yep! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I agree. I love Jessica Simpson in all her ditziness and glory, but she looked awful. She should lay off the Botox. I'm guessing Mr Meghan McCain's crush on her ended today because MM looked so much prettier.

• Love 3

Being on the West Coast I have only seen 2 shows from 3 weeks.

Did not feel the need to go on Hula etc.

Yikes - this is my favorite show.......must see.

Yet MM is pouty, mad, screaming, or so very silent.

OTOH - from the shows and clips I have seen she is .......nothing.

Not an ABC political whatever, when we saw her on George's things.....no more. 

She is not a strong woman and constantly complains and yet is "ride or die" or something stupid like that?

I can't imagine not watching the show anymore, I love it.

Why ABC can't let her go, or get away from the endless commercials and promotions is sooooo tiresome.

A quiet MM is very disturbing. She is unreal.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jessica Simpson seems drugged to me.

12 hours ago, Tosia said:

Yeah, I couldn't take my eyes off her lips, she had definitely had them plumped and I think it's affecting her speech. I don't think she's drugged, but I get why it seemed that way because of the way she was speaking. 

• Love 8

I think Jessica looks okay for an almost 40 year old.  But her hair was awful, her excessive tanning also not good.  Maybe if she lightened up on those two things she would look pretty good.  And toned down the make-up.  But then we have to look at Sunny and Me-Again with their spiders on their eyes plus Sunny's weird blotchy dark makeup eyelids (they don't know how to blend on this show?)

She sounded sober to me, and quite sincere and genuine. Very open.  Not sure she is the intellectual Sunny said she is. 😁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Not sure she is the intellectual Sunny said she is. 

Ohhh, I'm pretty sure "Is this chicken what I have, or is this fish?" (and the look on Nick's face) delivered the verdict on that many moons ago.

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Bless her heart.

Like I said earlier, I have a lot of sympathy for Jessica now (whereas I used to make fun of how dumb she was back then) because she really took a beating (figuratively) from her ex boyfriends.  In addition to being the butt of weight jokes by Tony Romo, John Mayer is a world class asshole.  I don't think she sounded drugged and I don't care how botoxed up she might be, I hope she finds some peace after writing the book.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Ohhh, I'm pretty sure "Is this chicken what I have, or is this fish?" (and the look on Nick's face) delivered the verdict on that many moons ago.

They say She is an “intellectual” because she has a very lucrative business, but they also say the same about all the kardashians so...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What is her other demon? Please spill!

A quote out of her book:  “I was killing myself with all the drinking and pills” she writes. 

https://people.com/music/jessica-simpson-reveals-drinking-pills-new-memoir/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/entertainment/jessica-simpson-addiction-book-trnd/index.html

I'm not sure what "pills" she was taking but they are referenced in the articles as stimulants, so perhaps they were the type of pills that also helped her to lose weight/control her weight.  Cocaine also does that and my original post was referring to things I have read that implied that was also a problem for her but not one she wanted to touch in her book because of her image.

I know I am totally bordering on sounding like I am a skeevy rumormonger now and that is definitely not me at all, so apologies for coming across that way.  I just wanted to respond to your question and not leave you hanging. 

I wish her well and hope she is happy and healthy. 

• Love 7

I thought Alec did a nice job co-hosting yesterday.  I think his comments were intelligent and sincere.  Of course, I could have done without the mention of MeAgain's father as the conscience of the Republican party for the millionth time.  I may be in the minority, but I'm not so sure he would have voted to convict if he were still around.  Don't want to go off topic, so I will add that MeAgain was definitely careful about challenging him and softened a bit when he gave a nod to her father.

I think MeAgain is definitely intimidated by certain guests and/or co-hosts.  No one will ever convince me that she wasn't scared shitless of Don, Jr., when he was on in December. Her aunt's death was just an excuse not to challenge him.  She was petrified that he was going to filet her live on air.

And finally, MeAgain saying that Jessica is Brilliant Ben's celebrity crush and he would leave her for Jessica, tells me all I need to know about him.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I thought Alec did a nice job co-hosting yesterday.

I thought so as well but I could have done without his name dropping.  So he had lunch with Mick. So what? Who cares?

18 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

I think MeAgain is definitely intimidated by certain guests and/or co-hosts.

She absolutely is.  She got schooled on Bill Maher all those  years ago so I think she has learned to not pick a fight with someone who is quick and smart and will relish in destroying her.

2 hours ago, suomi said:

She is definitely a ditz but seems very nice and genuine.  I will take that over a smart meanie.

1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

They say She is an “intellectual” because she has a very lucrative business, but they also say the same about all the kardashians so...

People confuse intellectual with successful.  I'm not discounting anything Jessica has done but she is a brand.  She isn't the person doing the actual work. And by the way I have a couple pairs of her shoes.  They are cute well made and affordable.

25 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

And finally, MeAgain saying that Jessica is Brilliant Ben's celebrity crush and he would leave her for Jessica, tells me all I need to know about him.  

Yeah he doesn't like smart women.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

I think Alec was joking when he said he had lunch with Mick.  He mentioned Steve like we were all supposed to know who Steve was (I did), and then when called out he went into a hoity toity impression of name dropping.  That's his humor and I found it funny.  

I totally do NOT think that Jessica was on anything.  She talks like that and the botox is NOT helping her one bit. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Badbea99 said:

I thought Alec did a nice job co-hosting yesterday.  I think his comments were intelligent and sincere.  Of course, I could have done without the mention of MeAgain's father as the conscience of the Republican party for the millionth time.

Aww Maaan! So he did genuflect to her? Dammit, Alec!

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Tammee said:

I dont think she was necessarily wasted,  i think she may have been having dental work done.  

Only if her dentist is "Joe's 24 Hour Liquor Store." Between that possibility, plus all the fillers/Botox and weird lip injections, she sounded strange.

And what was with that bit of bitchiness between Alec and Joy? I don't think he appreciated her interrupting him because we all know that is MAGS' JOB and she does it so well!

Edited by Sam Spayaid
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I think MeAgain is definitely intimidated by certain guests and/or co-hosts.  No one will ever convince me that she wasn't scared shitless of Don, Jr., when he was on in December. Her aunt's death was just an excuse not to challenge him.  She was petrified that he was going to filet her live on air.

This! When they had Adam Schiff on, NutMeg had no problem being disrespectful because Schiff is classy unlike her and he was still able to shut her down. She knows who and who not to try it with for sure. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Megs looks like a librarian from 1965.

BUT SHE’S 35 Y’ALL!

Pete has a good point about Dems electing young newcomers - Kennedy, Carter, Clinton, Obama...

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Meghan is just pissed that Romney will be looked at as being on the right side of history and she certainly will not. 

Meghan can't comprehend that it is possible to do the right thing and your political party be damned.  I'm sure to her what Romney did is akin to treason.

• Love 24