Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/3/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:
7 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

If I wasn't Canadian he would have my vote, too!

I really wasn’t sure who to vote for,  wasn’t crazy about any of them.  Listening to Pete Buttigieg today has given me clarity.  He’ll definitely get my vote.  

• Love 10

Oh, Meghan.  Stfu.

Romney's yet another person Meghan thinks just didn't develop a conscience overnight, and that anything you do against someone on "your side" must be because you're out for revenge, not because you feel like it's the right thing to do. Trump invited Romney to meet about the Secretary of State job, not the other way around.  People often feel they should meet with the president-elect or president if they're asked to. She apparently didn't watch Mitt's speech, and see how emotional he became.   

It was interesting to see how puzzled she was that the other ladies were complementing Mitt for what he did.  She thinks everyone should be just like her and never give anyone any credit if they're not on "your" side.  It's like "you're helping the other team!  Why would you do that?"  The idea that some moments transcend politics is one that she cannot seem to grasp.    

Ha!  I was going to say that Bernie wasn't "substantially" ahead of Pete (blue card failure) and then Pete corrected Meghan for me.

A woman might "invoke infanticide"?  Wha...?  She thinks she scored a hit with a gotcha question, but what she was saying in relation to what he was saying made little no sense.  Besides, not all Republicans are single issue voters like she makes them out to be (and thinks she speaks for).

I haven't heard about any boost for Bloomberg from Iowa.  What was Joy talking about?

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Ironic that people said the same thing about someone Meghan knows when he voted against the party line.

THERE’S NO COMPARISON, Y’ALL!  How DARE Whoopi try to equate St John with that loathsome flip flopper!  (Meg’s opinion, not mine.) 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10

When talking about gaining the black vote and how to talk about the issues surrounding people of colour in his campaign, Mayor Pete just said that black women are great.

I know I'm great, but that doesn't answer the question. I feel like he gave non answers to everything asked of him except the abortion question, the rapid fire questions and the one about people being homophobic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Mayor Pete has just earned my vote. 

I don't get the Peter love.  He did not answer Sunny's question and he will get a reality check pretty soon when he goes to Nevada and South Carolina.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

This show is so much more enjoyable since Whoopi got Meghan's number. Yesterday when she was laughing at McCain's defense of Limbaugh and now today with her handling McCain's hateful, dismissive, and arrogant attitude. As soon as McCain started screaming at Joy, Whoopi ended the segment. That's the best thing she can do is cut the asshole off when she starts that nonsense.

At least McCain acknowledged Buttigieg was incredibly kind to Biden considering how harsh Biden was to him. I saw both Biden's comments and his response earlier this morning--he could've cut into Biden if he wanted to, and he chose not to because he's better than that.

• Love 14

When Meghan can't come to with a good talking point (like with Romney), she derails the entire conversation to shift attention. Then the conversation is ruined, they go to break, and all anybody remembers is what a bitch Meghan was.

It's just what she does, and honestly, she's pretty good at it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

I thought that Pete did well. I don’t have a #1 choice yet, but I don’t dislike the guy (by the time I get to vote in early March, we’ll probably be down to the scraps and half of the choices have been eliminated). 

As for Meghan, I think that after 2+ years of her being on the show, the guests know what they’re getting. They probably think she’s a huge pain in the ass and know she’s going to pull her aha question to make them look bad (and hopefully get herself positive press) and they tolerate her long enough out of respect for her father. 

• Love 6

Not watching the time, I missed the beginning of the show and I need to know....what the hell happened between Whoopster and Mags? Mags was bleating and sputtering like some prissy matron who is still offended by the Super Bowl half time show. Oh, my! Were her delicate, fragile sensibilities upset....AGAIN?!!!! 

You're a child...a rude, spoiled, entitled child. Perhaps the producer (Brian?) could maybe start slipping some Valium in her mug. Might make things a lot more bearable!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

At least McCain acknowledged Buttigieg was incredibly kind to Biden considering how harsh Biden was to him. I saw both Biden's comments and his response earlier this morning--he could've cut into Biden if he wanted to, and he chose not to because he's better than that.

I think Pete is being strategic in not attacking Biden. Biden is beloved in the Black community. If Pete attacks him he will alienate them and he needs them to win the nomination as Sunny told him today.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

It's just what she does, and honestly, she's pretty good at it. 

Good point but I honestly don't think it is deliberate. She's not that clever or manipulative, despite her thinking she is. I think it's just her.....being an asshole. 

Trump does exactly the same shit and again, I give him ZERO credit for supposedly trying to shift attention, the narrative, etc. He's just too stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What’s this talk about Meghan and her age? I’m so curious and won’t be able to watch for awhile. 

I don't remember the exact words, maybe someone else will, but here's my best description: Whoopi was trying to agree to disagree, but McCain decided to be hateful towards Whoopi for trying to give kudos to Romney for putting country over party (in her words), and Whoopi snapped back that she's also twice McCain's age in regards to something (I don't know what the exact statement was). And then McCain started in with her woe-is-me schtick: how dare you dismiss my attempt to dismiss you just because I'm younger than you! The audacity!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Today just proved to me what I always suspected about Meghan. Meghan is the type of person who can hear one person say something and if that person is a Democrat, then she's going to repeat that information and misrepresent it in a way that makes it seem like there's a large body of people that feel this way when in truth she only knows of one source. She gets offended that Whoopi gave her a taste of her own medicine but she doesn't recognize how dismissive it is that she basically attributes the exact same thought and opinions to all 3 women on the panel just because they all happen to be Democrats. She doesn't recognize how dismissive it is for her to misinterpret what the women were saying and then acting like they were being naive about Mitt Romney. None of them praised him for being a good guy. They simply gave him credit for a specific situation. Meghan turned it into something that it wasn't and the saddest part is that she didn't even have the awareness to recognize this and apologize or own what she did. She turned herself into a victim the moment she said 'I knew this was going to happen'. She's the poster child for people who say 'I'm not a victim' but then go on to say and behave like a victim.

It was really disheartening to see that voter wanting to withdraw her vote when she found out Pete is gay. She believed in what he stood for, enough to give her vote to him but is willing to sacrifice that vote because of something that really is of no consequence to her. What does she really lose in her life knowing that Pete is gay? Out of curiousity, was she able to get her vote back? And if so, was she allowed to vote for someone else?

I appreciate that Pete corrected Meghan about having a substantial lead on Sanders in Iowa. His dig at Trump's service was incredibly smooth. I've said it from the first interview I saw of him, he is incredibly thoughtful and well spoken in his delivery. I loved how he handled the abortion question and even laughed at the stupidity of what people like Meghan think about late term abortion. Even on its surface, the idea that a woman would go through an entire pregnancy and only within weeks of giving birth would so casually and dismissively decide that she didn't want to have a child...so absurd. He can explain it until he's blue in the face, but it won't resonate for some people and you have to just be okay with knowing that sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

And let's be real - Meghan keeps talking about what's going to win over Republicans. Everyone knows that elections come down to independents. He doesn't need Meghan's vote because unless he suddenly announced that he was joining the Republican party and espousing their talking points, there was no way in hell that she would ever vote for him anyway. Gotta cut your losses and speak to people who are open minded.

This--your last paragraph (agree with the rest as well!)...it's what I keep telling my D friends.  It's really the Independents we have to win over, so MM's constant tirade about attracting the R vote is somewhat irrelevant.  The D's don't really need the R's --they need the I's.  Why she doesn't get that, I don't know--and she must know that most R's aren't going to vote for the D nominee anyway--they probably just won't vote at all. 

• Love 14

After Mayor Pete's thoughtful answer to MeAgain's question on abortion, I was hoping the audience would keep on clapping to drown out MM's response.  They almost did. 

Iowans better represent the middle of the country than the beer heiress who has lived on the coasts for the last half of her life.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

This--your last paragraph (agree with the rest as well!)...it's what I keep telling my D friends.  It's really the Independents we have to win over, so MM's constant tirade about attracting the R vote is somewhat irrelevant.  The D's don't really need the R's --they need the I's.  Why she doesn't get that, I don't know--and she must know that most R's aren't going to vote for the D nominee anyway--they probably just won't vote at all. 

What Meghan wants is for Democratic candidates to change their platform to what she wants.  She still won't vote for them but she thinks if they win then they will govern the way she wants.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Out of curiousity, was she able to get her vote back? And if so, was she allowed to vote for someone else?

I was wondering the same thing myself.  This woman was a Klobuchar voter (I think she's wearing her buttons), but Klobuchar wasn't viable, so she switched to Pete.  It is disheartening to see such stark evidence of how little attention some people pay to politics.

7 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And, by the way MM, your father wasn't a saint either.

I was just thinking, if she was Catholic, she'd probably be petitioning the Vatican right now to put him on the track for sainthood. 

12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't remember the exact words, maybe someone else will

Hopefully some nice website will transcribe it for us.  It was almost impossible to follow in real time.

5 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

One other big group of voters that's hardly ever mentioned, which encompasses all three groups, are the registered voters who didn't vote in 2016.  There were slightly more of those non-voters than the number of votes that Hillary received.  Meghan just wants Democrats to think Republicans are crucial to their success and therefore should be kowtowed to. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Ironic that people said the same thing about someone Meghan knows when he voted against the party line.

All the senators took an oath to vote for the truth, not their party.  Voting the party line takes no courage.

• Love 24

Well shoot another day without The View.  Sounds like  the Megahorn smack down is worth it. 
 I’m looking forward to Mayor Pete also , he just seems so together.  I hate tracking the show down in pieces or wait till midnight when it’s on Demand. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Well shoot another day without The View.  Sounds like  the Megahorn smack down is worth it. 
 I’m looking forward to Mayor Pete also , he just seems so together.  I hate tracking the show down in pieces or wait till midnight when it’s on Demand. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

And it's moment like Megan's Twitter retweet that make me question her intelligence and ability to think for herself. When Mayor Pete answered her abortion question, she thanked him for clarifying and then went on to lecture him about how he's not going to get votes because of it. Now she's retweeting a headline that's saying that Mayor Pete refused to give his stance on partial birth abortion with a clip of her question and his response from today. Are people stupid or just need to clean the wax out of their ears? He clearly answered the question - the government has no business making those decisions for a woman and that he will put his trust in a woman making that decision for herself. That's a pretty obvious point of view. But Meghan can't pass up an opportunity to feel like she had a 'gotcha' moment, lol.

You’re right. He did answer her question, just not the way she wanted.  If that’s her hill to die on (avortion), then she (and Rs like her) are not voting for any democrat so who is she trying to fool with her “you have to win us over” crap(never believed her anyway).  

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I was wondering the same thing myself.  This woman was a Klobuchar voter (I think she's wearing her buttons), but Klobuchar wasn't viable, so she switched to Pete.  It is disheartening to see such stark evidence of how little attention some people pay to politics.

One other big group of voters that's hardly ever mentioned, which encompasses all three groups, are the registered voters who didn't vote in 2016.  There were slightly more of those non-voters than the number of votes that Hillary received.  Meghan just wants Democrats to think Republicans are crucial to their success and therefore should be kowtowed to. 

I had to go to the second page of google before I stumbled on an article that wasn't a regurgitation of all the others. People.com reported that the woman walked off and a voting official approached her and helped her change her vote to Elizabeth Warren.

Meghan is probably too obsessed with that 2016 map of red and her small brain has forgotten how to comprehend that all those votes don't mean Republican voters.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan is probably too obsessed with that 2016 map of red and her small brain has forgotten how to comprehend that all those votes don't mean Republican voters.

She refuses to acknowledge that blue states have Republicans and red states have Democrats.  She only needs to look at her beloved to Arizona to see things are changing.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

You’re right. He did answer her question, just not the way she wanted.  If that’s her hill to die on (avortion), then she (and Rs like her) are not voting for any democrat so who is she trying to fool with her “you have to win us over” crap(never believed her anyway).  

Exactly. His response and his comments were pretty clear from the get go, she just wanted to ask it again so that when he confirmed his point of view, she could have her moment.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Out of curiousity, was she able to get her vote back? And if so, was she allowed to vote for someone else?

She did not.  She was told it doesn’t work that way.  (That’s what they said on the news, I don’t know why People has a different result.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She did not.  She was told it doesn’t work that way.  (That’s what they said on the news, I don’t know why People has a different result.)

I guess that would explain why the other articles didn't mention that part. Thanks for clarifying!

• Love 2

Fuck that moron! Mayor Pete was *very* clear in answering her bullshit abortion question. I also told her to go fuck herself on her twitter account. What a cretin. Re: Jessica Simpson - her lips looked really weird - I thought it was probably botox or fillers, not drunk or drugged. I also liked Alec Baldwin. I think the moron is definitely afraid of him. Good.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't remember the exact words, maybe someone else will, but here's my best description: Whoopi was trying to agree to disagree, but McCain decided to be hateful towards Whoopi for trying to give kudos to Romney for putting country over party (in her words), and Whoopi snapped back that she's also twice McCain's age in regards to something (I don't know what the exact statement was). And then McCain started in with her woe-is-me schtick: how dare you dismiss my attempt to dismiss you just because I'm younger than you! The audacity!

Thank you! It drives me crazy that Meghan doesn’t respect her elders. Whoopi and Joy both have many years on her, but she regularly talks down to them, Joy in particular. I wonder if she was brought up differently or what. I thought most parents teach their children to respect their elders. I don’t mean that you’re not entitled to opinions as a grown woman or that respect doesn’t go both ways, but that young people should be especially polite and make more of an effort to listen to people who’ve been around a lot longer. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Meghan you (fill in the blank insult) YOU WERE NEVER GONNA VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT PERIOD - so we don't need Pete, Bernie, Elizabeth, or Joe wasting time talking to you and your ilk because you and your kind will NEVER vote D.  Not even for Uncle Joe.  

Ugh I can't stand her. 

I tried to get "yammering sphincter" (TM Big Bang Theory) to catch on, but no dice. I keep wishing that someone would point out to her that every campaign she's been a part of has lost. Who is she to give strategic as advice to the Democrats? Also: for the millionth time, the Middle of the Country is not a monolith, Meghan. And they didn't elect you to represent them on The View. Oh, and you didn't pass Rush Limbaugh's Republican Purity Test.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

What Meghan wants is for Democratic candidates to change their platform to what she wants.  She still won't vote for them but she thinks if they win then they will govern the way she wants.

Absolutely! And if Mayor Pete had given her the answer she wanted, the next day, she'd be all Well, he's a flip-flopper who's just pretending to be a Democrat. I'd have more respect for him if he stuck to his guns,etc.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Exactly. His response and his comments were pretty clear from the get go, she just wanted to ask it again so that when he confirmed his point of view, she could have her moment.

Of course MM escalated the question to include infanticide the second time around.  

• Love 11
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

He did it for procedural reasons (was done behind closed doors), though, not moral or compassionate.  False narrative always being pushed about him on The View. Unlike Romney, he was party-line. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Allowing a woman to make her own decision about having an abortion is too radical a concept for Megs?  Sigh.  There's no way in hell you don't know anyone who's had an abortion, dumbass.

But having a loaded gun in your pocket and deciding if you can fatally shoot someone because you “feared for your safety “ Is a decision every person is able to make.  Incredible.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The way I heard it, Meghan was implying that Whoopi was being gullible for giving Romney credit for his vote. I heard it as Meghan trying to point that with her political knowledge and experience she knew better. Whoopi was attempting to make the point that in her life experience she has.....that’s as far as it got....MM went a little crazy. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

The way I heard it, Meghan was implying that Whoopi was being gullible for giving Romney credit for his vote. I heard it as Meghan trying to point that with her political knowledge and experience she knew better. Whoopi was attempting to make the point that in her life experience she has.....that’s as far as it got....MM went a little crazy. 

That's where age came into the  conversation.  Whoopi said she is 63 (apparently she forgot that she turned 64 last November) to make the point that she has been listening to politicians for a long time.  MeAgain was offended because she took it as Whoopi young-age-shaming her. 🙄  No, Me-Gun, everything is not about you.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12

Ooh, it looks like Meghan almost walked off the show again:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7975157/Meghan-McCain-throws-tantrum-scolds-producer-View-audience.html

Meghan McCain looked like she was 'ready to walk off the set' of The View on Thursday morning, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal

The 35-year-old Republican paced during a commercial break following a spat with co-host Whoopi Goldberg, who compared Mitt Romney to John McCain

Goldberg, 64, snapped at McCain: 'You're half my age! So hear what I know!' and McCain shot back: 'That's very dismissive... I just don't think it's very nice'

When the show cut to commercial, McCain got up and began pacing, as the source explained: 'There was definite tension on the set'

'Meghan seemed like she was reaching a breaking point during the confrontation with her producer'

Fellow co-hosts Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin tried to stay out of the unfolding drama, apparently used to McCain's antics, the source said

• LOL 11

Meghan needs to stop with the abortion questions. She actually said to Mayor Pete would you be ok with a woman wanting to perform infanticide after birth.  Pete answered her more calmly than I would have. I would have said are you fucking kidding me. And her acting so smug telling him his stance on abortion will turn middle of the country Republicans against him had me shaking my head.  If any Republican is thinking about voting for Pete I doubt that will matter to them. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20

I think Meghan implying that Mayor Pete supported infanticide is a whooole lot more offensive than Whoopie telling the princess she's half her age.  As a matter of fact, people say more offensive things than that to each other every time I go to the dog park.

• Love 19