Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: The Scorpion Queen

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tanner and Kate's flirtations become more obvious to the crew; Rhylee continues to feel ostracized by the deck crew that tried to get her fired; after a short-lived reconciliation, Brian and Courtney are on the outs again.

Airs January 20, 2020.

• Useful 2

All the men on this crew are pigs. Rhylee is very reactionary, which is what those morons feed off of.  They were acting like kindergarteners in the crew mess.

So Kate wants Simone’s sloppy seconds because she feels annoyed by her. She is no better than Ashton. It’s time for a new chief stew, preferably one who doesn’t get off on being a bully. Courtney needs to stop crying over Brian, who is nothing more than a mindless follower.
I noticed that Ashton has never tried to come at Simone sideways. He didn’t even try to fight back when she basically told him he was being a moron. I guess he draws the line when it comes to his fellow South Africans. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I would pay to see Rhylee kick Tanner’s punk ass. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And Ashton's - and I'd lay odds that she could probably kick all the "bru's" asses....what a bunch of fucking scumbags!!  

Actually, I'd like to see Rhylee give each one of them several well placed, very hard kicks to their balls.  They all think they're such big men - I'd like to see them all screaming and clutching their crotches, writhing on the floor in pain! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

The bru crew goes full middle school, the women all go off their various edges.  Ugh

Well, that should have been the episode description.  

The worst part of all of this is that the women are all going off their edges because of these jerk-offs.  They are all soooo impressed with each other, these men - they all sit there, talking big game and puffing up their chests and egos to each other.  The women would have been smarter to just laugh in their faces and not give them more fodder.

If I didn't know better, I would think that Kate interrupted the beginnings of a nice, happy circle jerk session from the "brus".  I mean, geez, they're sharing friendship bracelets like a bunch of middle-schoolers, why not a ciricle jerk?  (Then, maybe, Ashton will finally NOT have to work so hard to get someone to get close to his dick!)  

32 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Asshat is on WWHL tonight, I hope he has a miserable time.

I would love to call in, but I'm so disgusted by everything about Ashton and this season, my call probably would get "bleeped" off the show because I would not be able to keep myself from cursing out that mysoginistic asshole.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Rhylee is a hard worker and she wants to learn. With the right manager I think she could thrive. But it would be hard to find a 25 year old (or thereabouts) bosun with those kind of managerial skills. She would probably do better with a more hands-on captain.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

As far as Rhylee taking minor situations and making more out of them then she should, one tends to do that when they have been treated consistently like shit. 

Rhylee did that last season as well.  I agree that the guys have been awful to her this season, but I don't think you could argue that Ryhlee acts the way she does solely because the brus have been awful. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, bencr said:

would be hard to find a 25 year old (or thereabouts) bosun with those kind of managerial skills. She would probably do better with a more hands-on captain.

Ashton is 30/31 and it’s not hard to find people who can handle that job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

Ummm, yes, I can.  Ashton's feelings about Rhylee being on the boat were made clear to the other crew members the minute he knew she was coming.  Ashton is also the only crew member from last season, who disagreed with Rhylee staying, and Chandler leaving.  And Chandler treated her terribly last season.  Ashton has set the tone for the behavior by his crew on that boat and its disgusting.  We saw the way he manages his crew on full display tonight when they were talking about Kate.  A crew doesn't just talk about a superior that way unless the standard has been set from above, which it has by Asston.  

Rhylee may not be everybody's cup of tea, but we've seen her work her butt off and the guests love her.  

And Asston and Chef Nob are both incredibly dumb as is evidenced by their after show commentary this week.

Asston and his brus pretty much got crucified in the polls tonight on WWHL.  Deservedly so IMO.  He did admit to some things but continued to try and justify a lot of his behavior.   

The brus can sail into the sunset wearing their bru bracelets.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, spunky said:

All the men on this crew are pigs. Rhylee is very reactionary, which is what those morons feed off of.  They were acting like kindergarteners in the crew mess.

So Kate wants Simone’s sloppy seconds because she feels annoyed by her. She is no better than Ashton. It’s time for a new chief stew, preferably one who doesn’t get off on being a bully. Courtney needs to stop crying over Brian, who is nothing more than a mindless follower.
I noticed that Ashton has never tried to come at Simone sideways. He didn’t even try to fight back when she basically told him he was being a moron. I guess he draws the line when it comes to his fellow South Africans. 

I wondered about that, too.  Maybe Ashton's "charms" don't work on Simone because she's met many other guys just like him while she was growing up, she's not impressed and she let him know that?  

It is weird that we hardly see any type of interaction between Ashton and Simone, at all.  

• Love 6

Brian has a daughter. Dude, would you want any man to treat her the way you are treating Rhylee??? One day she will see this and have hard questions for you. I hope you have more backbone then and can admit you were a weak follower who bullies someone he saw as different. It is telling that Brian hasn’t tweeted since the new year. 

Simone, it isn’t rocket science. You banged Tanner because he was “your type”. At first I thought you meant his looks, but it is now clear your type is “emotionally unavailable user.” Maybe next time pick against type.

Kevin has to be a plant. No one is that clueless about how he comes off on camera, right?

Ashton...you have no moral high ground to talk about Rhylee. And the look you had on your face when Captain showed up was exactly the look my 7 year old wears when he is caught eating cookies for breakfast. You are a child, not a manager.

And Jamele Hill didn’t “leave” ESPN, she was fired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Soooooo.  I still don't like the men or the women on this yacht.  Every season they have a couple of people who balance out the drama people.  Every body is drama this season.  I'm exhausted watching no one have fun.

I have mixed feelings about the cat, with glasses, in a carry thingy.  I can't decide if it was freaked out or the glasses enhanced the eyes.  I can't decide if the cat was mortified by yacht crew behavior in public. I can't decide if the cat was comfortable in that position.   

IF the cat was comfortable and chill, then that was the only fun moment for me tonight.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I really had no idea what Rhylee was trying to do at that market stand with Kevin.  She was being weirdly aggressive with him, and doesn't really have the type of relationship with him where she could play it off as just having some fun. 

Here is what I will say: Ashton, Brian and Tanner are kind of terrible with Rhylee.  However, she also seems to take minor situations and blow them up into major battles when they don't need to be.

She came up AFTER he was in the middle of making his purchase.  I bet there are other stands selling scorpions.

Even if there aren’t what’s he suppose to do, don’t buy so she can?

So what if Kevin went to talk about this incident?  Why give the boys fodder to talk shit?  Same goes for Kate, if you don’t like being talked about, don’t give them reasons to.

Interesting that they tried to deescalate, not raise their voices, but of course she pursued it.  Even Kate was telling her to be quiet and of course she snapped at her.

Must have been Kate’s misogyny which made her snap.

Then at the crew mess, nobody was in a hurry to make room except maybe Courtney, because they don’t want to sit down and eat with her.

Its petty but it’s also their prerogative, given that they’ve had confrontations with her.  Even if those were entirely their fault, which they weren’t, they have a right to choose whom they hang out with.

But Tanner gave up his seat finally and she just pouted and stormed off to her room.

Did she really expect that they’d be flat to sit down and eat with her, after all the screaming matches?  The world will treat you like you treat it.  If they’re misogynous assholes, why ask them to make room for her?  There wasn’t that much room and finally Tanner moved off to the bar to eat by himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6