Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: The Scorpion Queen

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I wondered about that, too.  Maybe Ashton's "charms" don't work on Simone because she's met many other guys just like him while she was growing up, she's not impressed and she let him know that?  

It is weird that we hardly see any type of interaction between Ashton and Simone, at all.  

No they have no reasons to yell at each other.  Rhylee’s volatile temper is the common denominator in all the blowups.

Same thing, they’re not trying to fight with Courtney either.

Just maybe, Rhylee and to a lesser extent, Kate bears some of the responsibility for the fights they’ve had.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, scrb said:

No they have no reasons to yell at each other.  Rhylee’s volatile temper is the common denominator in all the blowups.

Just maybe, Rhylee and to a lesser extent, Kate bears some of the responsibility for the fights they’ve had.

No way! How could that be. They no agency in anything that went down. They are total innocents. 

Especially when those nasty boys got up and started slamming doors so loudly that the Captain came down to scold them. Those girls had nothing to do with it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Rhylee seems a delight.

The one thing that was encouraging was that Kate seemed to indicate that she is over the show and wants to move on.

That would be the best possible outcome of this season.

Midway into the show I was wondering how Rhylee would work with a female boss.  I guess tonight kind of shows she's an equal opportunity whiner.

She really needs to watch both her seasons in the presence of a therapist who can walk her through her issues.

The boys are hot on the sex and fooling around trail this season, and its definately not a good look.  Thanks to Rhylee last season, and Kate this season, we see it's not just a guy thing - which for me, is the second most encouraging thing about the the show. 

I just don't see mysogeny from any of them (i.e. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women).  What I do see is dislike of Kate and Rhylee as people - not as women.  And I don't blame them.

I actually like Rhylee and feels she needs help more than anything.  I'd like Kate far more if she limited her insulting sarcasm to arrogant and demanding charter guests rather than her own staff and peers.  

The vibe is too negative for my tastes thanks to Kate (and even more so when Rhylee is on).

• Love 6

Quite the juxtaposition to watch the scene with veteran Kate (when seeing the first yacht she worked on) reflecting on her 10 years in the industry, and then seeing her physically blocking the doorway of the interior from Kevin like a child would later in the same episode.

Luckily for her, there were so many dick moves tonight by so many crew members that it doesn't stand by itself in cringe worthy moments,

When is this season over again? Is it longer than usual, or does it just seem that way because the only person I can stand is Courtney?

Edited by elsie
  • Love 11

Kate was childish in blocking the galley however I understand her frustration and need to act like a child just as the guys were. They had just played the classic “it’s all in your head” game with her when she said she heard them talking sh*t about her before she appeared on deck. They were and Kevin’s “I don’t know what you think you heard in your mind” was gross. This show makes me thankful to be single. The locker room talk is nauseating, as is this boys club behavior. Not a decent guy in the bunch and they’re all feeding off each other’s disgusting behavior. Good riddance to the lot of them. Oh and I say no chance Kevin planned to serve the insects on the next charter. Those were for the boys (hence why he bought all of them so Rhylee couldn’t have any) which is why he was going to get them off his bed.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

This show makes me thankful to be single. The locker room talk is nauseating, as is this boys club behavior. Not a decent guy in the bunch and they’re all feeding off each other’s disgusting behavior.

This season actually makes me feel grateful to be partnered! Because I’m with a guy who actually finds all of this type of shit disgusting too. But, if I were single, I can’t say this show would encourage me to date.

ETA: In complete agreement with the rest of your post, Esco. The gaslighting with these guys is horrible. 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I wondered about that, too.  Maybe Ashton's "charms" don't work on Simone because she's met many other guys just like him while she was growing up, she's not impressed and she let him know that?  

It is weird that we hardly see any type of interaction between Ashton and Simone, at all.  

These producers love drama. Ashton and Simone have been on the dancefloor together and from their conversation in the crew mess they seem to get along. Ashton once made a comment about Kate saying Simone wasn't good at service, and we know he and Kate hate each other. Bravo probably finds their interactions too peaceful and just edits around it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bencr said:

Rhylee is a hard worker and she wants to learn. With the right manager I think she could thrive. But it would be hard to find a 25 year old (or thereabouts) bosun with those kind of managerial skills. She would probably do better with a more hands-on captain.

Joao said on Twitter that he'd love to work with Rhylee, because she's a hard worker who is willing to learn and tells it as it is. He also shaded the deck crew and has been throwing jabs at Ashton on Instagram.

• Useful 10
  • Love 14

Simone's service "skills" are fine now -- I mean she's making beds, scrubbing toilets and asking people if they want another Cosmo. It's not rocket science. Math is though. 😉

None of the service on that boat, including Kate's on her very best day, rises to a level beyond "efficient maid" or "good Chili's waiter".  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the divide between what Kate brings and what Simone brings four weeks pf work later, is not really that great.  

• Love 8

The deck crew boys and I do mean boys simply have not evolved beyond 6th grade. They treat women as objects not to be respected. Their locker room talk is disgusting. Along with the chef they are 4 nasty sorry excuses for men.  Now on to Rhylee. She has. an explosive temper and a huge chip on her shoulder. She has in for Kate now that Kate saw her in action at the market and called her on it.  I get that she has been treated horribly by Ashton and the crew and she was treated badly by last season's bosun. But there are ways to handle this. Losing your temper and screaming F U and getting up in the face of your boss isn't a good thing. I can't imagine anyone seeing her in action would would hire her. Same with Ashton and his boys.  Interesting that Bravo is showing season one of Below Deck Med. and  the deck hand Jen had to put up with a lot of the same things from her bosun. She managed to hold her tongue until the end of the charter season and then she calmly destroyed him by telling him just what she thought of him.   Oh and If I had been stitting at that table when Rhylee asked them to move over so that she could sit down I would have said hey people could someone move over so that Rylee can sit and eat. But no Courtney and Simone said nothing. I guess they were afraid to piss off their boyfriends. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, spunky said:

Joao said on Twitter that he'd love to work with Rhylee, because she's a hard worker who is willing to learn and tells it as it is. He also shaded the deck crew and has been throwing jabs at Ashton on Instagram.

Full disclosure:  I like Joao.  I think he's sincere about changing after his first season.  I don't think it happens overnight and it's easy to fall back into what you "know", but I do think he tries.

Having said all that?  No Joao.  You aren't at a place where you can throw jabs.  Helpful advice and polite suggestions that Ashton should do some serious introspection, sure--that is a good lane for you to be in.  But you still have missteps so just sit down.

I think Joao got his own boat as a captain?  So he could make working with Rhylee a reality. Hard worker or not, she would be exhausting to work with.  My opinion on her hasn't improved this season--she has an antagonist attitude. 

IMO, by default, the brus make her "root worthy".  

29 minutes ago, Jel said:

Simone's service "skills" are fine now -- I mean she's making beds, scrubbing toilets and asking people if they want another Cosmo. It's not rocket science. Math is though. 😉

None of the service on that boat, including Kate's on her very best day, rises to a level beyond "efficient maid" or "good Chili's waiter".  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the divide between what Kate brings and what Simone brings four weeks pf work later, is not really that great.  

Never been on a fancy yacht. I have been on several cruises for the masses, on 3 different cruise lines.

They make a whole lot less money than the yachties. They are 1000% better then the quality I see on the Below Deck shows.  I think Bruno, who had worked on cruise ships, was correct in his evaluation on the interior service because of his previous experience on customer service on a ship.

The idea of my group having a ship to themselves would be awesome.  However, I'm just not convinced I would get a next level customer service experience.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I really liked Ross from last season and while I know he got into some trouble, post season, I would be curious to know how he feels watching this season.  He was very tight with Ashton, but most of his social media posts are about his kid or hanging out on boats somewhere.  Rhylee would fly off the handle with him, but he always pretty calmly responded to her and in my opinion, it was him who got Chandler canned.  Captain seemed for more inclined to rely on Ross than Chandler.  I'd also be curious to see how Kelly and she would work together.  

Joao's big mistake was playing two girls at the same time in his first season and clearly felt that he was accepting second best with Brooke.  He can be an absolute dickhead, but his behavior pales in comparison to these guys.  These guys remind me a lot of the guys that were on the first season of Below Deck Med.  I loathed all of them except Ben.  

• Love 7

This is my first time watching this show and I have to say...UGH. 

Rhylee has a really bad temper and can't properly modulate her own reactions to things and is a PIA. That said, a good manager could do so much with her. She's a HARD ass worker, evidenced by her working her ass off making beds in this episode and doing other interior tasks with nary a complaint to be had. I've had Rhylees working for me before. It can be difficult to sell them to their coworkers at first, because they are so rough around the edges. That said, if you can help them channel those energies, they are unstoppable. They will also become insanely loyal to you when they feel that you truly have their backs and you will never have a harder worker and more dedicated employee. I wish she had a good boss, but that's unlikely to happen on reality tv. I hope she finds that person elsewhere because she has way more potential than floppy ass Tanner or boring what's his name. We've seen the best that Ashton has to offer and it's not going to light the world on fire any time soon.

Kate blocking Kevin was ridiculous (and I hate him), but I will lose all respect for her if she gives any up for that pathetic Tanner. 

Simone...no one fooled you. They guy treated you like crap from day 1, why are you surprised any of this? Ugh. 

Captain Lee, your crew is a mess. Get it together. I can't figure out why everyone likes this guy.

I never thought I'd miss nosy Sandy and whiny Hannah, but here we are.

This group of dudes are absolutely misogynistic pigs. I'd love to be set loose on them. The thing that really bugs me about watching Rhylee is that her trigger is a weakness and they're exploiting it and I hate it. I wish she could figure out how to play them better, because I'm sure they are insecure babies who would fold like a deck of cards.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 23

4 hours ago, elsie said:

When is this season over again? Is it longer than usual, or does it just seem that way because the only person I can stand is Courtney?

I with you. Almost everyone disappointed me this episode.

I agree Courtney was the best of the bunch. Her reaction to Brian's behavior was very valid and, even though she cried this episode, she was still the most mature one on the boat. I do wish she had called the guys out during the lunch scene with Rhylee more, but at least she did attempt to move over.

I am generally team Kate and team Rhylee and, to be clear, I think their feelings of anger and frustration with the boys were completely valid. I also think they were absolutely right to stick up for themselves. But some of their actions were very unbecoming.

Rhylee trying to get into the van with the boys would have been putting herself into an unnecessary, volatile situation, especially considering what happened with Kate. And then turning on Kate, who has been a true friend to her, was a misdirection of anger that Kate did not deserve.

Kate had every right to be angry with the boys for their actions in general and certainly them talking about her behind her back and then laughing about it when she arrived. But she, more than anyone, should know not to slam doors at night. Plus not letting Kevin into the interior and telling the boys they had to walk around the exterior of the boat was a childish move. 

The boys were as despicable as ever and I won't spend more than this one sentence on them because then I would go on and on for paragraphs about everything that makes me hate them so much.

I'm sad to say this season is my least favorite so far. I really hope Bravo clears the slate when it comes to the deck crew and chef next season. Or at least brings back a likable person from a previous season.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I really had no idea what Rhylee was trying to do at that market stand with Kevin.  She was being weirdly aggressive with him, and doesn't really have the type of relationship with him where she could play it off as just having some fun. 

Here is what I will say: Ashton, Brian and Tanner are kind of terrible with Rhylee.  However, she also seems to take minor situations and blow them up into major battles when they don't need to be.

She was waiting to order, then realized that the scorpions were running low so she said to Kevin "don't take them all". He then turned to her and condescending told her "he's trying order... yada yada" or whatever he said to her and of course that's not gonna sit well with her. By the time she stepped up to order she was annoyed with him so when he started speaking to her she was over it and told him to move along cause in her mind he just pulled a dick move on her by taking all the scorpions after she just asked him not to take them all. That's what happened there. I'm actually not sure if Kevin understood what was bothering her cause I think he was so caught up in trying to dismiss her right off the bat that he didn't even bother to find out what she was trying to say. 

Rhylee is now under the impression that he purposely bought all the scorpions so that she couldn't get any and Imma be honest I'm not sure that's what he was  actually going for but his dismissive behavior towards Rhylee is enough to warrant Rhylees annoyance regardless. 

So when Kevin goes back to the guys Kevin is recounting a story of Rhylee just "randomly" being rude with him because of course that's the only way any of the guys will see any interaction with her.  It's gotten to a point that their blatant determination to make any and all interactions with Rhylee uncomfortable and toxic automatically creates a story for them to run off and tell the others about. It's so freaking pathetic. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 24
12 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Have any of these morons read a newspaper, watched the news, seen news clips when trying to get to their e-mail?  I mean honestly, how did any of these asshats think they could say these things and not be portrayed as complete fucking tone deaf assholes?  I loved how when the Captain came out to ream them out, Asston tried to deflect it all on to Kate.  

When he motioned toward Kate, I was like, what an ASSHOLE!  I mean, the whole time I am saying that, but that was something my 6 year old would do.

11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I wasn't going to record it, but can't wait to see how he reacts to the poll results.

Did you see?  What was the outcome of the poll?

I really had no idea what Rhylee was trying to do at that market stand with Kevin.  She was being weirdly aggressive with him, and doesn't really have the type of relationship with him where she could play it off as just having some fun. 

She just wanted to be sure he didn't buy ALL of the scorpions, since she wanted one.  But he did, she got annoyed and he pretended to no know why.

2 hours ago, spunky said:

Love how Joao is leveraging the guys being assholes to position himself as a hero.  Oh Joao!  ("this is how we do it in Zim" tm Watch What Crappens).

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Even Brian pissed me off tonight, and usually, he's the least objectionable of these idiots.  

He reminded me of Danny Zuko from Grease - he's all sweet and caring to Courtney when their one on one, but when he's with the other guys, he's Mr. Tough Guy/Let Me Be Cool With My Crew.  I think Brian just sealed his fate to be standing alone at a drive-in movie.  😂

I mean he is sooooo pathetic. I mean why does he have such a hard on for Rhylee? He wants to be able to chime and aggravate the situation and he wants people to think it's cool for them to be treating Rhylee like crap. 

That's what that was about. Brian was mad that Courtney seemed displeased with his behavior and he felt stupid. And just like a typical man he can't stand for a woman to make him feel uncomfortable so he decided to punish her by making her feel bad about "siding with the wrong one". HUH? No he's mad cause she checked him like the child he was behaving like so he went off on  her. 

This is what I mean about the women not truly pushing back. Courtney is reduced to tears cause Brian was mean to her. Courtney exhibited a bit of resistance to the way the men were behaving but once faced with the displeasure of a man on the receiving end she buckled. 

Simone also tried to chime in but was pretty meek about it. Look I really don't fault these women but I just want to point out how a woman who challenges a man get shot down and disrespected. Kate also tried to stand up for Rhylee and again the men are disrespectful. 

And just as I predicted Kate is actually mad at Rhylee for not turning off the anger. I get where Kate is coming from but I really don't like her brand of "maybe, maybe not" strong woman. Especially since she ended up losing HER cool and showing HER ass when they all got to the boat. I found that to be rich.

Keep the anger aimed in the right direction. The women are a mess because they don't like the way the men are acting but some of them or torn between trying to keep the peace, letting shit roll off the back, not making love interests mad, wanting to be liked and not wanting to be ostracized like Rhylee. Kates little commentary towards Rhylee reeks of "woman it's time to get back in your lane' and Rhylee doesn't have different "versions" of strong woman. Kate's mode is very passive aggressive and she thinks that makes her brand of strong woman more acceptable and classy. But that's where I find fault. Bitches like her make bitches like Rhylee look bad. IT DOESN'T MATTER whether Kates approach is prettier and cuter and more ladylike than Rhylees. The fact that people focus on that instead of the abusive behavior aimed at the women really makes my head spin!! And the fact that the women can easily turn on each other using the formula of "well, maybe don't be so explosive", "just let it go", "sometimes it's best to just roll with it". It's clear that none of the women in that van aside from Rhylee is prepared to deal with the ramifications (i.e. the shunning of the men) of being a truly strong woman and telling the men to completely FUCK OFF.

This is why I am forever #teamrhylee 

Rhylee did that last season as well.  I agree that the guys have been awful to her this season, but I don't think you could argue that Ryhlee acts the way she does solely because the brus have been awful. 

She was treated last season to. Chandler was terrible to her. Ross had good moments but also had his share of disrespectful moments with her. I chalk that up to his lack of experience but he had an air of arrogance and so did Ashton. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Ashton on WWHL watching his Reality TV career go up in flames. I guess Captain Lee said he wouldn’t work with him again so unless Shep has a yacht that he needs a bosun for, he may not be on our TV screens next season.

Below Deck Med? or the sailing Yacht? Hmmmmmm..

• Love 1

Andy Cohen was really grilling Ashton with the questions on WWHL. Damnnnnn it was uncomfortable to watch, he was so on the hot seat. And deservedly so. He sounded really down, embarrassed and remorseful for the way he behaved. Too late, bruh. Capt'n Lee said he would never work with him again. Bye, bye Below Deck career. 

Why did Rylee start in on Kevin at the market for no reason? She really is a bitch. She pokes at all of them constantly, as if she really truly doesn't want to get along with anybody. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, scrb said:

Well because Simone and Courtney are quiet little mice who accept the abuse their designated deck crew companion has dished out to them. No reason for Ashton to come for them. His crew is doing an ample job of humiliating them for the world to see.

Ashton has his hands full with Rhylee which is why he's enlisted the whole deck crew as well as the chef for her. LOL

#teamrhylee

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

She was waiting to order, then realized that the scorpions were running low so she said to Kevin "don't take them all". He then turned to her and condescending told her "he's trying order... yada yada" or whatever he said to her and of course that's not gonna sit well with her. By the time she stepped up to order she was annoyed with him so when he started speaking to her she was over it and told him to move along cause in her mind he just pulled a dick move on her by taking all the scorpions after she just asked him not to take them all. That's what happened there. I'm actually not sure if Kevin understood what was bothering her cause I think he was so caught up in trying to dismiss her right off the bat that he didn't even bother to find out what she was trying to say. 

Here is where I'm confused.  She said the remark about "don't take them all" and Kevin gave some sort of response.  Then she said "I'm not talking to you I'm talking to him" or something like that.  Which made it seem like she was saying to Kevin, I'm talking to someone else.  I guess maybe she was talking to the vendor and meant she WAS talking to Kevin.  Loathe as I am to defend Kevin, I can see why he was confused. 

However, knowing her temper if he really didn't want a run in, when she told him to keep moving after he was done he could have chosen to do just that and let it be.  Which of course he didn't.

Rhylee is a major pain in the ass, who needs to learn that you can never control how other people will act and you can only control how you react to them.*  That often feels unfair but that's just facts.  However, these guys have been so awful to her and Kate, repeatedly, that it does make her end up looking better IMO for fighting back for herself. 

*See for example, Kate usually treating Kevin with kid gloves during the charters and praising his work to get the job done.  Even though he's no less a douche during working hours than he is outside of them. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The deck crew boys and I do mean boys simply have not evolved beyond 6th grade. They treat women as objects not to be respected. Their locker room talk is disgusting. Along with the chef they are 4 nasty sorry excuses for men.  Now on to Rhylee. She has. an explosive temper and a huge chip on her shoulder. She has in for Kate now that Kate saw her in action at the market and called her on it.  I get that she has been treated horribly by Ashton and the crew and she was treated badly by last season's bosun. But there are ways to handle this. Losing your temper and screaming F U and getting up in the face of your boss isn't a good thing. I can't imagine anyone seeing her in action would would hire her. Same with Ashton and his boys.  Interesting that Bravo is showing season one of Below Deck Med. and  the deck hand Jen had to put up with a lot of the same things from her bosun. She managed to hold her tongue until the end of the charter season and then she calmly destroyed him by telling him just what she thought of him.   Oh and If I had been stitting at that table when Rhylee asked them to move over so that she could sit down I would have said hey people could someone move over so that Rylee can sit and eat. But no Courtney and Simone said nothing. I guess they were afraid to piss off their boyfriends. 

I had mentioned Jenn before and I do appreciate your post but let me throw something out that seems to be a theme and that really truly angers me. The idea that Jenn "putting up" with what she put up with is an acceptable and even expected approach. As if that's how one should do it. I don't agree. I don't think Jenn should have had to endure the BS she had to endure the same way I don't think Rhylee needs to find a nice acceptable way to "handle" the abuse thrown her way.

I understand Rhylee isn't 'stragetic' but the constant need to saddle the victim with this burden really doesn't sit well with me. We are so accustomed to expecting so much more from people being abused and mistreated. Why is that? Jenn shouldn't have had to live through that. She should have been able to address the issues and have them resolved not tolerated. It's just so commonplace to expect people to accept inappropriate behavior and it's expected even moreso from women. I think we need to stop worrying about how people react to bad behavior and worry more about people treating others poorly. We get so caught up on how someone reacts we lose sight of the fact that there's abuse happening and no one should have to figure out how to manuever around that but more often than not that's where our reasoning goes. "Oh, well there's a wrong way and a right way to..." To what? React to wrong behavior? It's wrong behavior. It's unacceptable behavior. I would think there really isn't any one way to react to bad behavior because, well it's bad and it envokes negative reactions so trying to put some logical spin on how a person should appropriately react to negativity seems pretty ridiculous to me. I mean sure, we would hope that a person can come out of a tricky interaction as smoothly as possible but I sure as hell ain't gonna think less of a person that can't manage to repress the hurt and pain that has been inflicted upon them in order to maintain some ridiculous status quo. That's not really a fair thing to expect from anyone.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 13

I'd like to also mention how disturbing it is to see Ashton's preoccupation with the boys sex lives. He's constantly asking Brian if he got some with Courtney, he told Tanner to tell Kate about going down on Simone, and now has comments on Tanner giving Kate a good f*cking. Between that and all the dick talk ("what do i have to do to get my dick sucked" and "did you slap her with your dick?"), he must be astoundingly sexually frustrated. He can say he's not a misogynist all he wants but these comments alone (not even counting his treatment of Rhylee and Kate) seem to indicate otherwise.  

• Love 21
3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

This is my overarching feeling too. I, of course, want drama, but this has been painful and not entertaining. After watching Asston on WWHL, I have little hope that anything will truly be resolved at the reunion. Asston has his “I have things to work on, etc.” speech down and his deflections ready (Throwing around misogyny is just name calling! Rhylee actually has a problem with men! Kate kissed me back!). And Andy (nor guest Jerry O’Connell) seemed interested in anything besides a cursory call out. I’d really like to never see any of these brus again. They should really ask that SAE brother/bosun (from Below Deck: Med season one) to join their stupid bracelet fraternity. The best I can wish for these guys is obscurity. 

It was disgusting performance.  The same script he's been reading for months.

I hope Lee sticks to his pledge to never work with Asston again and he sinks into obscurity, along with the rest of the baby "brus".

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Jel said:

2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Never been on a fancy yacht. I have been on several cruises for the masses, on 3 different cruise lines.

They make a whole lot less money than the yachties. They are 1000% better then the quality I see on the Below Deck shows.  I think Bruno, who had worked on cruise ships, was correct in his evaluation on the interior service because of his previous experience on customer service on a ship.

The idea of my group having a ship to themselves would be awesome.  However, I'm just not convinced I would get a next level customer service experience.

I'd say on a ship this size, the service is absolutely not next level luxury in comparison to a cruise ship. Mostly on BD: Med, they've had stews who have worked on some of the biggest most expensive yachts like Phoenix 2, Eos, and the Maltese Falcon. These are ships where the staff to guest ratio is usually at least 2 staff for every guest. They have yoga instructors, masseuses, hairstylists, manicurists, and makeup artists. They'll have multiple chefs. They have better water toys like personal submarines and water jetpacks. On those ships, they can actually do white glove service because they have the staff to pull it off. These are ships that can accommodate 10 guests and 40 crew. There's no comparison between the service on ships like those and the crappy Below Deck yachts.

As to this episode, it was like watching the full Stanford Prison Experiment over the span of 45 minutes. Watching The Brüs dismiss, demean, dehumanize, and other the women was disgusting. And of course they capped it off with friendship brücelets. Thank goodness they're having a reunion. I hope all of the questions are written by Leslie Jones.

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Does production force them to go out together?  Even if, I'm sure it's possible to stand a few yards away from the rest.

Yes, hence why Courtney was so bent out of shape that night in the club after her date with Brian. She did not want to go out but was forced to by production. I assumed they were all together in that moment because it was the end of the night and they were meeting up so they could leave. Production clearly arranges the car services to and from the yacht so presumably they can't go out in multiple locations. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Given this latest episode, I'm pretty sure viewers are being punked. While I believe that this deck crew is inherently misogynist, I'm convinced they are ganging up on the women to satisfy production's desire for drama and ratings. Lots of people are probably hate-watching and being driven to Instagram and WWHL.

It's crass and insulting and I hope it backfires on the deck crew and Bravo.

• Love 4

On WWHL, Asston was like, “yeah I’ve thought about therapy but I think you need to figure yourself out before going to therapy”. Dickhead, that’s why you go to therapy. Excuses, excuses. Also, you can tell he’s just regurgitating whatever his PR people (which is probably his mom) have told him to say but there’s an emptiness behind his eyes that convey he doesn’t get it and never will. 

I still think castration should be legal. Watch how fast some of these brus and dickheads in the world would change their tune if their sad wrinkly little meat kiwis were in potential danger.  🔪🥝 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

One thing I noticed about "Tablegate" is that when nobody moved & Rhylee just took her food & walked off without a word, the idiots made a big scene of it as if it were Rhylee being drama. Did I miss something? She took her food, went to her room & ate. The bitch brus sat there & acted like it was an example of RHYLEE being soooooo drama. 🤔

Oh wait but it's Rhylee so I'm sure she wasn't just *innocuously* eating. 🙄

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 20
37 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

With her delivering them in person.

If only!

Make it a PPV and donate all the proceeds to women's centers. Leslie would have the brus crying in 3 minutes flat. The proceeds would be off the charts!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Yes, hence why Courtney was so bent out of shape that night in the club after her date with Brian. She did not want to go out but was forced to by production. I assumed they were all together in that moment because it was the end of the night and they were meeting up so they could leave. Production clearly arranges the car services to and from the yacht so presumably they can't go out in multiple locations. 

They're only allowed to go to places where they've been cleared to film.

So if they want to go to a club which won't sign on to letting them film, the cast can't go there.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why did Rylee start in on Kevin at the market for no reason? She really is a bitch. She pokes at all of them constantly, as if she really truly doesn't want to get along with anybody. 

And Kate has been egging her on since she arrived until this last episode, when she got sick of Rhylee's need to pick fights and be loud.

Then of course Rhylee snapped at Kate.

33 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

One thing I noticed about "Tablegate" is that when nobody moved & Rhylee just took her food & walked off without a word, the idiots made a big scene of it as if it were Rhylee being drama. Did I miss something? She took her food, went to her room & ate. The bitch brus sat there & acted like it was an example of RHYLEE being soooooo drama. 🤔

Oh wait but it's Rhylee so I'm sure she wasn't just *innocuously* eating. 🙄

Tanner moved to the bar so made room for her.

She still stormed off.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Waaaaay too little, waaaaaaaaaaay too late.

Whatever, she shouldn't be surprised that they don't particularly want to sit down and dine with her, since she's been at war with them.

He didn't have to move out of the way at all.

What are they suppose to do, fake being happy at the prospect of breaking bread with her?

There are consequences for how she has behaved, though obviously she gets to curse out her supervisor and keep her job in this TV show world.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, spunky said:

So Kate wants Simone’s sloppy seconds because she feels annoyed by her.

No, that's not exactly what Kate said. Tanner was into Kate from day one. He made that very clear. I think Kate thought he was kind of cute, but it was not a good idea to mix work and pleasure. Then he found out Simone was into him, so he went for it. 

Fast forward to the end of the charter season - Kate has had an insanely rough time, is probably wanting to just blow off some steam, and realizes that things really couldn't get any worse at this point. She knows Tanner is still into her. She also knows Simone had a thing with him for a minute. But, since Simone has been annoying her lately, she's not that concerned about it.

That's a bit different from going after someone because you are annoyed by their last bedmate.

13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Asston and his brus pretty much got crucified in the polls tonight on WWHL.  Deservedly so IMO.  He did admit to some things but continued to try and justify a lot of his behavior.   

The brus can sail into the sunset wearing their bru bracelets.

I loved when Ashton said he was working on himself and getting to the root of why he acts the way he does, So Andy followed up with, "Oh, are you in therapy?" and Ashton was all, "Therapy starts with yourself. I can't talk to anyone else about me if I don't know me yet." Ummmm....what the fuck? Nice deflection.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Did you catch the part of the after interviews where Ashton is discussing misogyny with Kevin sitting next to him?   Ashton said that differences between men and women are like segregation.  It's best when you just don't point it out.   Best when you just don't point out SEGREGATION.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

And Asston gets to act as anything but a competent supervisor, patronize and belittle her, act like an immature kid in a school cafeteria, and say things like “did you slap her with your dick?” with regards to his colleague, and he gets to keep his job in this TV show world. Oh and also cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to DJ equipment because homeboy can’t resist doing cannonballs in a resort pool. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

No, the post was responding to the crew mess thing, about a specific incident with a specific person.

They can impose any kind of penalties on Ashton that they want.  He wasn't likely to get another season anyways, it's only the captain and Kate who are in each season.

Or he can have problems getting real yachting jobs for all I care.

None of that changes Rhylee's despicable behavior and the consequences she has suffered for it.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Ok, which of these douches asked Kevin if he hit (slapped?) Rhylee with his dick in response to the market issue?  Fuck them.

Does it matter?  They all thought it was the funniest remark ever.  These "brus" are the most unlikeable group of people I have ever seen, and I have watched a lot of reality tv over the years.

• Love 18

Actually Tanner did get up and gave up her space at the table. He just didn’t do it fast enough for Rhylee because she thinks the world owes her a living.

Rhylee would be my nominee for the most unpleasant person to ever be on Below Deck.  

With her blow up with Kate I have to give it to her foe being consistent. She is equally nasty, aggressive and belligerent to men and woman.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 4