Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Mama Drama

• Start Topic

Margaret hosts a Mother's Day drag brunch, but spars with her mother; Jackie plans a trip to the Hamptons hoping for a reconciliation between Margaret and Teresa; Jennifer tries to convince her mother to accept her brother's sexuality

Airdate 01.15.2020

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

Friends don’t need to see other friends vaginas. (Just my opinion)

Joe’s 3 swimmers - so maybe his poison isn’t as potent as he thought?

Oh!  You must not watch Married to Medicine! 🌹

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Axie said:

I’m not understanding why Delores is trying so hard with David.  He has no respect for her and I’m not even sure he likes her.

I am not even sure why she tries so hard with Frank!  Same-Same! 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Margaret did look cute at the Mother’s Day event and that’s really saying something.  Don’t get me wrong she is a pretty women.  She just needs a good stylist, hair dresser and makeup artist.  A few episodes ago when she was in bed after Danielle pulled her hair she was makeup and lash free and she looked great!  

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I don’t understand the concept of a drag brunch in your backyard for Mother’s Day?  But, Margaret looks really pretty with that flower crown.

I just finished watching a season of AJ & The Queen, Ru Paul stars as a drag queen, (go figure), and he gives a show in a friends living room, and makesa comment something about how awkward drag is in a living room, Marge's backyard also makes for an awkward drag show.

Also, all the strippers, male and female that have been on all HW's shows pull the crotch in the face move whether they are upside down or right side up, I am so not down for that, ick.

• Love 14

How old is Gino, twelve?  What the hell is he doing sitting on a kitchen island?

I am so sick of the Gorga family and how fake they are.  How would it be mathematically possible for Joe to work 15 hours a day, as they’ve claimed in the past, but be home for the evening with time to sit on a couch with his wife and gossip about his sister and take a “spontaneous” telephone call from the doctor’s office when it’s still light out in May?  I don’t think either of them do much work at all.  By far, I think the most work they put in is for appearances. When was the last time Joe had to miss anything for this show, the way Dr Aiden does?

Teresa’s family is so much more organic and interesting, even though, or maybe because, they’re so fucked up.  Joe is really being a piece of work though.  I actually feel kind of bad for Teresa that the kids are taking his side against her.  I have a feeling they weren’t treating Joe badly for the 11+ months Teresa was in the pen.  

I’m so glad Margaret is done trying to hump Teresa’s leg to get her to like her.  Melissa made one good point, and that was that Margaret has only known post-prison Teresa.  That makes me understand why Margaret is so flummoxed about Teresa’s behavior.  I am of two minds as to whether Margaret gets to have a say about Teresa’s relationship with Danielle.  Usually I would say that friends don’t get to police their friends’ other friendships, but when Margaret came on the show, she made an enemy of Kim D because she was mean to Teresa, which Teresa accepted wholeheartedly, so isn’t what’s good for the goose good for the gander?

I’m not sure I understand the appeal of a drag Mother’s Day party.  It seems contrived and a wee bit...exploitative?  Like, Margaret was upping the ante to get this party to make it to film and to make Teresa jealous, but not because she found anything valuable in drag queen lap dances themselves.  Margaret seems off-kilter and kind of desperate this season.  It could be the lawsuit.  I found the flowers and decor pretty though.  Pretty much anything with varying shades of the color pink slays me.

Dolores is really riding this Italian thing hard this season.  Maybe it’s because she has no storyline, but it’s starting to grate that she acts like Italian-Americans are martians and she needs to explain alllll of their behavior to us like she’s The Italian Whisperer.  Not to mention that the vast majority of her generalizations about Italian-Americans are exaggerated or untrue.  

Dolores and David having lunch had the same amount of chemistry as...I don’t have a metaphor for this.  I wanted to go with “brother and sister,” but Teresa and Joe Go have more chemistry than these two.

I have no idea what Jackie was saying about her mom buying back a $15k ring from her boyfriend...I think it was just an effort to show how “liberal” Jackie seems to want to portray herself.  I don’t know what was “liberal” about that story.  It just makes them seem extravagant.  Did this little ditty make it into the article about spoiled children?

The second Jackie said “Hamptons,” I became suspicious.  I don’t get the impression that Jackie has the kind of wealth that would allow her to afford that house in the Hamptons, unless it’s an investment off of which they receive rental income, and they just didn’t book it for that weekend.  Apparently that was the case, according to Jennifer’s google or zillow search.  The house was pretty freaking awesome though!  Eat your heart out with your little 1890s farmhouse on Montauk Highway, Bethenny Frankel.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typo
  • Love 19

Did Joey and Gino really need to hear about their dad's 3 lone sperm? 

Of course Juicy had to start a fight with Tre on Mother's Day. And then her kids jump in to defend him. He can't ever just ask how they're doing. He's got to comment. So immature.

At this point, I think David only continues with Dolores because Frank is building his house. I can see them having a totally different kind of "talk" when it's done.

Marge SR. wants to give her dusty stilettos to was vets??

What exactly does Tre think Margaret has done to her? Margaret was attacked at Teresa's event, by Teresa's friend, and Teresa didn't really defend her. So Margaret is taking a step back. Can't say I blame her. 

Jackie's house is lovely. Who knew she was a secret baller?

• Love 22

OF COURSE Teresa's daughters prefer their dad over her. DUH! It's Teresa.  When Joe said he got her a necklace with her name on it before, she could've said "oh yes but this one is from our girls so it's also special to me." Regardless if she doesn't recall receiving the gift from him. It's just making it an awkward time for the kids. 

I liked the drag brunch.  That seemed fun and the women seemed to have a great time with their moms. Exception of Jen's mom. That's probably how my mother figure would react but I think she would storm out and subsequently sue me and Bravo. Yeah-- Jen's mom was a good sport relatively speaking. 

Jackie, stop advertising awkward sexual or lack thereof facts about your marriage. Your husband will start getting propositioned by other women.  

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Jackie was on WWHL.  Andy asked her who was the richest woman on the show.  He then suggested Jenn.  Jackie replied 'not by a long shot'.  Then he asks who then.  She basically implied that it was her.  And, she has been taken more seriously by certain housewives now after being her beach house.  It was a basically money talks, wealth whispers reply.  I liked her and she handled herself well.  She's not into impressing people.

She "shouted" her reply.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I wonder if Jackie's folks remained married because divorcing would've depleted some of their assets (properties etc). People do that. Also remember they've (at least her dad as far as I recall) have been to prison/ house arrest for tax evasion or something like that.  More evidence from our housewives that dishonesty and shady dealings bring on the wealth. Apparently if Jackie's family is so wealthy, the government didn't punish them *too* harshly. I'm not in the camp of "rich people are all evil" but sure is interesting. She also has a mentally disabled brother.  It wouldn't be far fetched for them to have received some state aid at some points while raising him.  But not so quick to pay their due in taxes. IDK but this whole humble bragging from Jackie kind of grates. She needs to slow her role. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I want my life back. Having now heard Joe Gorga's sperm count, it'll forever be unclean. Why, Andy, WHY?!

That wasn't an accidental slip to Teresa/Dolores about "tomorrow. " Jackie is just another HW playing the games only pretends not to know or care how shit goes down. 

Did name necklaces make a comeback and no one told me? I had one in the late 90s/00s when it seemed every one was getting them. Those pancakes without syrup looked so naked.

I wonder if marriage expert Gia has ever seen the winery scene? Normally I wouldn't advocate it but she seems to think she has say in that marriage...

Of course Jennifer looked up the house. I have no interest in that stuff because I don't talk about money  (I also don't have it...) But I always say now people probably go right to listings to see the price upon finding out someone moved. A friend just bought her first home and I think I can guess accurately who in our group has looked up the price. 

I'm looking forward to whatever Jennifer brings to the Hamptons.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Of course Juicy had to start a fight with Tre on Mother's Day. And then her kids jump in to defend him. He can't ever just ask how they're doing. He's got to comment. So immature.

This. Total armchair psychologist but I feel like Joe calls at special moments ie. picking out a prom dress or mother's day and he tries to ruin them so the girls don't have special moments without him. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I want my life back. Having now heard Joe Gorga's sperm count, it'll forever be unclean. Why, Andy, WHY?!

That wasn't an accidental slip to Teresa/Dolores about "tomorrow. " Jackie is just another HW playing the games only pretends not to know or care how shit goes down. 

Did name necklaces make a comeback and no one told me? I had one in the late 90s/00s when it seemed every one was getting them. Those pancakes without syrup looked so naked.

I wonder if marriage expert Gia has ever seen the winery scene? Normally I wouldn't advocate it but she seems to think she has say in that marriage...

Of course Jennifer looked up the house. I have no interest in that stuff because I don't talk about money  (I also don't have it...) But I always say now people probably go right to listings to see the price upon finding out someone moved. A friend just bought her first home and I think I can guess accurately who in our group has looked up the price. 

I'm looking forward to whatever Jennifer brings to the Hamptons.

I'm a little hungry (missed dinner) so I too was drooling at the food tables. This show really can fill up a table with usually good looking food. it was sweet to see all of girls cook for Tre. I think it is a new way of eating pancakes - esp on TV. No syrup or butter - use fruit or nutella . I did see a big bowl of fruit. I love pancakes but they can be a little dry without something on them..

I see Gabriela is getting more comfortable on camera. Or she tolerates it better. 

Tre - going to the gym - 1st thing on Mother's Day ? hmmm I know she likes to get her workout on, but I guess that would be one day I thought she would sleep in. Or maybe it was a way for her to be alone and grieve privately about her own mom. 

Foolish me for thinking the reason Tre didn't come to the brunch b/c she would be the only one w/o her mom. That would have been a tough event to go to. I had to go back and re-play to find out she wasn't invited.

The only entertainment they could think of was a drag queen show ? talk about not knowing your audience... the only mom I would even think would have enjoyed the performance would have been Marge Sr. I would have been embarrassed for my mom.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 13

On WHHL - Andy asked Jackie which of the housewives (and I guess he just meant on RHONJ) who had the most money.  Jackie didn't answer directly - said something like "I don't want to say..".. then they played a game of which had the most money b/c two stars..

But that is a good question.. Now that we've seen Jackie's parents live in two separate houses, she has a nice decent one (what does Evan do for a living ? ) and now the Hampton's House..

I will start the guessing from who has the least $$ ...

1. Marge - b/c of the bankruptcy

2. Delores - what does she exactly have ? A house that is hopefully paid for by Frank

3. Gorgas

4-5. Debating b/w Dr. Evil/Jennifer  & Jackie/Evan

6. Tre . Gotta admit she paid back a ton of $$ and been on the show the longest. She must own that house outright.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m surprised Joe didn’t spin it like, “That’s how potent my swimmers are! 3 are  equal to 15 million!” 

• LOL 15

Margaret did look cute at the Mother’s Day event and that’s really saying something.  Don’t get me wrong she is a pretty women.  She just needs a good stylist, hair dresser and makeup artist.

And someone to fix whatever she had done to her mouth/jaw.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, sATL said:

On WHHL - Andy asked Jackie which of the housewives (and I guess he just meant on RHONJ) who had the most money.  Jackie didn't answer directly - said something like "I don't want to say..".. then they played a game of which had the most money b/c two stars..

But that is a good question.. Now that we've seen Jackie's parents live in two separate houses, she has a nice decent one (what does Evan do for a living ? ) and now the Hampton's House..

I will start the guessing from who has the least $$ ...

1. Marge - b/c of the bankruptcy

2. Delores - what does she exactly have ? A house that is hopefully paid for by Frank

3. Gorgas

4-5. Debating b/w Dr. Evil/Jennifer  & Jackie/Evan

6. Tre . Gotta admit she paid back a ton of $$ and been on the show the longest. She must own that house outright.

I agree with most of that, but I’m not sure about Tre having the most.  Maybe she’s earned the most on her own - probably gets paid the most of the cast, plus she’s good at the side hustle - but she is terrible with money.  She likely spends more than she makes.

But yeah I think Jackie might have been quietly up there all along.  Her house(s) are amazing and impressive but not in a flashy way like the Guidices/Gorgas/Aydins.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, sATL said:

how many parents take a call from their DR/lab, on speaker , with their young teens in the room, to discuss reproductive concerns (ie ovaries, periods, ,menopause, sperm count, testicles, etc) in the family room ?

And what is this joint cream supposed to cure that can take a 40 yr old man's count down from 15 mil to 3 in after a months usage ?

this is getting worse than the Kardashians..

I am right there with you about the medical info on speaker with kids in the room, it's stupid. And that cream Joe is rubbing on his arm is not for his joints, he could just take an over the counter dose of chondroitin, we all know he mail ordered that cream, (from China) for his hard on's, he is over 40 so it's natural he may have lost a bit of his vigor.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Can I be skeptical for a moment, I am re-watching the scene with Delores and David having dinner at the hospital and I am getting the feeling that David does think that he and Delores are exclusively dating Delores and here is why...Delores asks David to tell her about Sniper School, he gives not details but says it was great and he cannot wait to go back.  My cynical side thinks he did not go to Sniper School but saw his other girlfriend instead.

The house is almost finished and no plans are being made for Delores to move in, there is no planning talk of her bringing furniture or kitchen items, or room colors or well, basically anything other than some outside lighting.  David is probably thinking why have Delores pick out anything inside the house because she is never going to live there.  

Jennifer needs to stop dragging her mother in to the gay conversation, it is hard to watch, her mother may be fine with her son being gay because he is happy and doing well, she might not want to talk about it on TV.

How many bedrooms does Jackie's Hampton's house have? She rents it for $50,000 a month for that I would think many, many bedrooms so little to no room sharing, right?

• Love 8

Maybe the money comes from her husband’s family......and, the house belongs to them. 

Teresa also lives in a 2 million dollar home......and, we ALL know why!  

Just like Jackie’s parents the Giudices have been involved in financial fraud cases and have served imprisonment terms. 

Owning real estate proves nothing.  These people are charlatans! 

And, Jackie’s eating disorder has nothing to do with nutrition.  I am tired of her misleading stories! Eating disorders are a very serious mental illness. A chaotic, anxiety driven environment.....caused by her parents financial scams.....is what she dealt with during her childhood.

The need to get control of ‘something’ is what manifest itself into eating disorders.  Your body does not ignore hunger.  It takes a lot of mental control and energy to stop yourself from eating. It is all in the mind.

Eating disorders are not treated by a Registered Dietician. Nutritional counseling involves calorie counting.  Something that is usually avoided during treatment of EDs.

Next week it looks like Jennifer goes in on Jackie for bullying her kids over their rich upbringing. All the while.....now Jackie tells them.....’I have family money.’ 🙄

In that clip of the Giudices arriving in Italy.....do all the girls have LV luggage???  I see they are following in their mother’  footsteps of.......materialistic comforting! They have not learned anything!

Does anyone know what actually happened to the bankruptcy case?  Was it granted.....dismissed?  

Or, did their unpaid bills just rolled over into their credit report?? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

And, Jackie’s eating disorder has nothing to do with nutrition.  I am tired of her misleading stories! Eating disorders are a very serious mental illness. A chaotic, anxiety driven environment.....caused by her parents financial scams.....is what she dealt with during her childhood.

The need to get control of ‘something’ is what manifest itself into eating disorders.  Your body does not ignore hunger.  It takes a lot of mental control and energy to stop yourself from eating. It is all in the mind.

Eating disorders are not treated by a Registered Dietician. Nutritional counseling involves calorie counting.  Something that is usually avoided during treatment of EDs.

Agreed.  It's annoying me too. When I was 14/15 I spent months in terms hospital (turned 15 in the process ) with an infected colon like a middle aged man  and the hospital had an in patient ED program. The girls were all around my age and when I was well enough some days I'd go into the school session  (when I wasn't I did work in bed ) and got to know some of them, I had 2 as roommates during my stay. None of them just didn't know about nutrition. Some had been abused, one girl I ended up staying in touch with for a bit had been heavy, lost weight and because of the positive comments, kids in school not bullying her, it got out of control. She became convinced eating more would make her get heavy again and she'd go back to being miserable. She knew what foods were healthy she just didn't think she could be in control. This is Bullshit from Jackie. She doesn't owe anyone to talk about her ED but if she is going to make it a story it's irresponsible to misrepresent it. 

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How many bedrooms does Jackie's Hampton's house have? She rents it for $50,000 a month for that I would think many, many bedrooms so little to no room sharing, right?

I wouldn't be too shocked if there aren't a lot of rooms. You're paying mostly to be in the Hamptons. Manhattan -Long Island is super expensive to begin with let alone the riches favorite summer spot. I've always wanted that HGTV show to do Million Dollar Homes in Brooklyn or Queens, and like show a 3 bedroom in Bayside or Little Neck or a Brooklyn town home your typical House Hunters couple would snear at for the lack of space. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

And Chanel shows up AGAIN, this time as Teresa's shoes at the nail salon.  We never saw this much of one designer brand popping up on ALL the housewives EVERYWHERE before this and last season, did we?  WTF?

The girls cooking Mother's Day breakfast for Teresa was touching.  But what's with all the name necklaces?  I don't know that I'd wear a necklace that says my name, like a name tag.  I know my own name.

The flowers at Margaret's party were GORGEOUS!!!

Did Melissa's suitcase really say "On Display"???  First Dolores' "RHONJ" purse and now this.  These two examples are the first time I've ever seen product placement WITHIN the actual product itself.  Between this and all the Chanel, I can't roll my eyes any harder.

• Love 6

I really couldn't make heads or tails out of Jackie's story about the engagement ring and her mom buying it from the boyfriend.  If Jackie didn't want to marry him, why didn't she just turn down the proposal?

I really don't see what Dolores sees in David unless it's the borrowed prestige of dating a doctor.  He seems to have zero interest in her.  That could be because he's awkward in front of the cameras but there's no spark between them at all.  And frankly, he's not that attractive.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Ha Ha !!! Funniest scene of the season...Mr. Virility isn't so virile after all. Don't know if they should have this HIPA protected convo in front of their children and on national TV...yikes!

• Love 5

David is going to string Delores along until his house is finished.  No sense in pissing off the contractor before it's done.  Even then, he's probably worried about retaliation, "old school" style.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

I really couldn't make heads or tails out of Jackie's story about the engagement ring and her mom buying it from the boyfriend.  If Jackie didn't want to marry him, why didn't she just turn down the proposal?

I really don't see what Dolores sees in David unless it's the borrowed prestige of dating a doctor.  He seems to have zero interest in her.  That could be because he's awkward in front of the cameras but there's no spark between them at all.  And frankly, he's not that attractive.

I could be wrong but I got the impression he never actually asked her. I thought he asked her parents permission and at that time, they gave him the money for the ring. Who knows though. Maybe she explained on WWHL?

• Love 1

Some years back (I think in the season of the Napa Valley trip), Caroline Manzo said that Juicy was coming apart due to the pressures that Tre was putting on him. The way Tre’s daughters are acting toward her seems to indicate that they may think Joe’s legal issues are the result of Teresa pressuring him to come up with money. Milan is in particular has looked as if she is seething and about ready to explode in almost every scene.

Of course the reason Joe is sitting in Italy is his fault alone. I have also always wondered why only Joe was convicted of failing to file tax returns. Don’t they file jointly?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She hasn't talked about finances at all up until Jennifer did her digging and made it a big deal  its everyone else that is talking about her money ... so her not bragging is bragging now? I know a shit ton of people that are Multi millionaires in key west that don't go around bragging to everyone how much money they have they just live their day to day lives .... It was Jennifer that was doing the digging (who does that? who cares what her house is or isnt worth or if she rents it out or not) Jennifer equates wealth with being someone and Jackie doesn't...  Jennifer is the one that needs to slow her role here ...

Jennifer is so bourgeois...people with real wealth, old family wealth, NEVER discuss the money they have. They live well but it's muted not all out there like Jennifer's Jersey joint. I have no idea how wealthy Jackie is but clearly their Hampton's house is indicative of some real money...but I think it's more of an investment whereby they rent it out all summer with the exception of a couple weeks when they use it. Jackie doesn't strike me as someone who is involved in Hamptons social events or is on the party circuit there. And one more thing about her home...it looked very cookie cutter as the other houses next to her looked a lot like hers. There wasn't much space between the houses either...it looked like a Hamptons development for millionaires. It's part of a bigger environmental issue that is plaguing the Hamptons in recent years with the growing popularity of the area as a playground for the rich and wannabes. Too many new builds that are sucking the life out of land and pushing locals out. Rant over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Margaret’s property is so beautiful- however I don’t understand why she decided a beautiful Mother’s Day brunch warranted a Drag Queen performance !! 

No doubt Delores and David are cooking up an engagement/ wedding storyline. 🤢

Margaret seems kind of emotionally vulnerable lately- the thing with Marge Sr is pretty sad. I liked that she was honest ( at least partially) about her lawsuit debts, and having to sell a parcel of her property. 

Not sure what Teresa’s end game is with the nasty attitude. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

This. Total armchair psychologist but I feel like Joe calls at special moments ie. picking out a prom dress or mother's day and he tries to ruin them so the girls don't have special moments without him. 

Or production tells him and Tre when to make the calls and what to say on those calls....

• Love 6

how many parents take a call from their DR/lab, on speaker , with their young teens in the room, to discuss reproductive concerns (ie ovaries, periods, ,menopause, sperm count, testicles, etc) in the family room ?

I honestly didn't find it weird at all. It was just "boring" biology stuff, not, like...positions and whatever (yikes, I'm sorry!).