Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E10: Bring on the Bacon

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Karishma doesn't bother me that much, but I had to laugh when she fell out of the challenge 45 seconds in and then slouched over to the bench with the most Woe Is Me posture in the history of woe.

The conversation also reminds me of this from Curb your Enthusiasm:

• LOL 3

as far as the challenge, i loved that Noura wanted to continue so they could eat, perhaps she  felt guilty because last week she celebrated and screwed up her chance to get pb sandwiches for everyone?? Karishma, seriously I see she will make it far but i see nothing about outwitting or outplaying about her. her atttitude and lack of strength in physical challenges truly makes me wonder how she got on the show, or why she wanted to go on the show--although when I think about it, I dont think I can do it. the family visits--always interesting. do you think the tears have intensified thru the years? Do you think the family members ever hesitate to hug their very dirty, smelly loved ones? 🙂

Just now, nlkm9 said:

as far as the challenge, i loved that Noura wanted to continue so they could eat, perhaps she  felt guilty because last week she celebrated and screwed up her chance to get pb sandwiches for everyone?? Karishma, seriously I see she will make it far but i see nothing about outwitting or outplaying about her. her atttitude and lack of strength in physical challenges truly makes me wonder how she got on the show, or why she wanted to go on the show--although when I think about it, I dont think I can do it. the family visits--always interesting. do you think the tears have intensified thru the years? Do you think the family members ever hesitate to hug their very dirty, smelly loved ones? 🙂

and and I think bag snooping should never be allowed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, UGAmp said:

How is Elaine’s name not coming up for votes? She seems like the biggest social threat to me. Everyone seems to love her, including Jeff. Everyone says karishma will keep sliding by each vote so let’s get her out now BUT WHAT ABOUT ELAINE??  She will get votes at the final trial (not from Missy, obviously) but I seriously don’t think Karishma would get many.  Her remaining original tribe is just Karishma and Dean right? The rest were all on the purple one. How has this not even been mentioned since the merge?

I still think a woman is winning this season.  

I think Elaine has done a great job of downplaying herself, so she doesn't appear to be a big threat.

Perhaps the best example was when she won immunity and then gushed about all the great athletes she beat and said she only won because she is a redneck and it was a redneck game.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 11/28/2019 at 1:49 PM, nlkm9 said:

and and I think bag snooping should never be allowed.

I would like to see players come up with a way to booby trap their bags to punish snoopers.  

Maybe they could put snakes or tarantulas in them.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Situational  Awareness with Lauren. 

She was dumb enough to think no idol in Karishma's bag meant no idol, not considering that most people hide it on their body or nearby.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really want Karishma to make F3, pull out an Australian Survivor Kristy style FTC, and win. She's one of the 2, maybe 3, left that I even marginally still like but also it would just be super funny if she won this absolutely terrible season.

That would be awesome! She could do it, too.

Also, like Kristy, she's been on everyone's list to get out since day one and yet has moped and wheedled and anyone-but-me'd her way out of actually going home, until she idol'd herself to safety last vote, for this entire season. Sucks to be such a bag of dicks that they underestimated her.

I liked Karishma in the first ep, and then I spent however many eps complaining bitterly about her, and now I'm all, Yes, Karishma, yes, yass Queen, Go Karishma! etc.

I would love her to get some finals money out of this, as well as an improved marriage, and if all else fails, some personal injury money out of Probst and co.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Do you think Jeff was really surprised when they already knew it was an eat-or-play challenge? I find that hard to believe. 

Jeff has been here for 38 seasons and is only now saying he is starting to learn about race relations and women vs handsy guys.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Come sit next to me, because same. It's interesting that Missy and Aaron got the dreaded "arrogant" label, while Tommy literally said, "You write my name, you pack your bags" and "She wrote my name down, so now I'm coming for her." The one who sat in the tribal council where Elaine played her advantage and said, "If I go home, it will be the worst night of my life."

He's by far the most arrogant person on that tribe, and yet ... ::crickets:: because Missy ... had well-articulated plans and explained them forcefully. When Tommy literally dismissed people on his tribe who would bring him strategies and gameplans with a wave of his hand: "Oh, that doesn't work for me," "no, that doesn't work for me either," like the island had annointed him King. Sounds about white.

If Tommy actually wins, with as little as he's done so far, he is the Lee DeWyze of young white guys on Survivor (for anyone who remembers American Idol, Lee DeWyze was the umpeenth white guy with a guitar, but he didn't have the talent of David Cook or the charisma of Kris Allen, it was like "yep, you're white and you play the guitar, so ... I guess the crown is yours.") At least Chris Underwood had to take a risk, and took advantage of the twist to get his win.

But come to think of it, arrogant, inexplicably beloved Tommy winning would be the perfect metaphor for this season. Survivor wants to see itself as real life? Well, mediocre white men always come out on top there, too.

All 3 are/were Arrogant as hell. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Karishma isn't really comparable to Kristy at all.  Kristy could stir things up at tribal sometimes but she wasn't like Karishma is around camp.  And it's hard to believe that Karishma could win an immunity.

No-one is saying they are alike. And yet should Karishma win, she would be seen by many, as Kristy was (not by me, though!), as an unlikely winner.

Mind you, Kristy began her season as the girl having a nervous breakdown...

• Love 2
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

For the IC, I was disappointed Noura didn’t Noura the situation and end up eating over playing, since I don’t like Tommy or Lauren and didn’t want them to succeed.  But she still came through when she didn’t drop, even after she won, so everyone could eat.  And I don’t know why everyone is so cared of Elizabeth.  She hasn’t even won anything on her own yet.  Noura has more immunity wins than her at this point.

I was half convinced Noura would choose the wrong color rock by mistake and end up eating. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, violet and green said:

No-one is saying they are alike. And yet should Karishma win, she would be seen by many, as Kristy was (not by me, though!), as an unlikely winner.

Mind you, Kristy began her season as the girl having a nervous breakdown...

From what I remember Kristy didn't moan around at camp she went away from it.  I don't remember people saying she annoyed them at camp.  She was a clear underdog, but less annoying to the audience.  She did use some to her advantage, Karishma seems largely alone, more complaining about anyone thinking of using her in the game. 

What's funny is that when Karishma cut her hand and was overdoing the moaning & collapsing, everyone ignored her drama.  But after they found out that she really did cut her hand and needed a bandage, they seem to actually believe her woe-is-me bad acting.

I don't think I could ever vote for someone to win the million if she/he had never helped around camp.  Just as some people can't excuse going through other people's bags, I just can't get past the idea of someone sitting still all day long while others gather wood and coconuts, carry water, make fire and generally work for the good of all.  I don't see how she can breezily share in the food that everyone else has worked for unless she feels superior  to them somehow.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes to everything you just wrote but bottom line is she's still there while a lot of the 'good player's ' are gone.

Something to be said for that.  She's either very, very good-smart or dam lucky!

I'm going with damn lucky.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm gonna disregard that slander against David Cook and Kris Allen I just saw and move on.

These people really fucking suck, man. I don't think Survivor has ever seen so many stupid assholes make up the F9 (or however many of these dicks are left).

Does everyone think they're all in an alliance? Like 7 people can't be aligned in a group of 9. At least half of you fucking idiots are not part of the alliance. What is this, Big Brother? It boggles my mind that Elaine, Dean, and Janet seem to think they're part of an alliance. Just wow. Unfortunately I think Dan is actually part of the Tommy/Lauren team that's, again unfortunately, running the game.

I really hate Dean but fucking hell his unearned pride and blatant stupidity really entertain me. I'm just aghast at how someone could be this clueless about their game!

I really want Karishma to make F3, pull out an Australian Survivor Kristy style FTC, and win. She's one of the 2, maybe 3, left that I even marginally still like but also it would just be super funny if she won this absolutely terrible season.

On the plus side, I do look forward to watching almost all these people get voted out.

I was just going to say, on Big Brother an alliance of 9 somehow means your all making the final 2.  I don't think Elaine wanted to go along with the plan, she just didn't have the opportunity.  And she did want to get rid of Karishma, so I guess it worked out for her, vote wise (until Karishma played her idol).  The problem with Elaine is, while I think she's actually one of the smarter people left in the game, I don't know that she's really going to be able to make her own moves.  Lauren/Tommy aren't breaking up, and all you have to do is say 'your name...' to them and they automatically assume it means they are being targeted.  Dean thinks he's in with them, and Dan/Janet sadly seem to have re-connected.  I think those 5 are the 5.  Then there's Noura, who like Dean might actually think she's more important in the game than she is.  But she's definitely on the outside, whether she knows it or not.  So it's essentially majority rules, or in this case, Tommy/Lauren.  I went into this season loving pretty much everyone.  With each passing week, I found myself finding more and more people to root against.  Now I'm down to rooting for people I never expected.  I don't even like Noura but would prefer her winning over anyone named Tommy, Dan, Dean, or Lauren.  At this point, I want the final 4 to be Janet, Elaine, Noura, and Karishma.  But Survivor being what it is, no way we'll have an all female final 4.  That's happened what, once?  Dean is just stupid.  He considers himself a physical threat, considers two other people that haven't won anything or proven otherwise as physical threats, and therefore thinks they need to band together to save each other.  I don't know what's more amusing, that Dean thinks they are coming after him and his muscles, or that Tommy is some kind of meat shield for him.

Tommy just seems pissy when this game doesn't go his way.  He and Lauren just bounce the arrogance off of each other beautifully.  I loved seeing them go into TC this week acting like they were ruling the world, and Karishma foiled whatever stupid plan they had with Lauren's idol.  Lauren seemed quite proud of telling Dan that Karishma was talking about him, and telling him to go over and confront him as she watched from her hammock.  I don't think she has much to brag about in getting the people to play for immunity and sit out like she probably thinks she does.  I'd still like to know how Jamal got the shittiest 'lesson' of all. 

Also, Tommy getting mad when people write his name down.  I don't even think it's a case of 'these people are after me' as much as he's annoyed they are writing his name down.  Same with Dan, but there are enough reasons to hate Dan. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

But Survivor being what it is, no way we'll have an all female final 4.  That's happened what, once? 

It has happened twice.

FYI, we have never had an all male final 4.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Dan is actually part of the Tommy/Lauren team that's, again unfortunately, running the game.

I want to marry your entire post, but this part makes me sad because it's true. Having Dan, Tommy, and Lauren at the top just shows what a garbage season this is.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, zscore said:

It has happened twice.

FYI, we have never had an all male final 4.

Probably because while there have been times that the women tried to have an all girl alliance to vote out the men I can't remember any time that the men tried to do that to the women.

• Love 1

I was too busy (trying to) clean for Thnaksgiving to post promptly last night. I guess that if an episode doesn't make you openly pray for a meteor to strike, then I guess it's good.

Still holding out hope for Elaine/Jane/Karishma F3. I get the disdain for the latter on both sides of the screen, but she's my people. Karishma has been through a lot, she's a bit of a sad sack . . . but fuck it, so am I. But she nailed the idol play. I'm proud of her. I'm also thinking there should be a prize for someone negating a vote that would have sent them home. Remember the Scrabble game show, where someone would guess a word correctly based on a letter placed in a colored square, and Chuck Woolery would deal out $100 bills? Something like that, only on a grander scale. I'd say immunity in the following Tribal Council, but that would be overkill.

Anyway . . . go, Karishma! And STFU, Noura! I think she put in the "u" to be more "unique." Maybe she'll be invited back and introduce herself as "Knourah."

The IOTI gimmick was funny, given that it lead to the lack of surprise of Probst announcing the breakfast distraction. I know that he probably knew Lauren telling the others, but it was still funny. I can imagine what happened on IOTI after Sandra got attacked by the chicken. "That's it . . . I'm having you for dinner! And if Tai and Sia give me shit, I'll have THEM for dinner!"

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I was too busy (trying to) clean for Thnaksgiving to post promptly last night. I guess that if an episode doesn't make you openly pray for a meteor to strike, then I guess it's good.

Still holding out hope for Elaine/Jane/Karishma F3. I get the disdain for the latter on both sides of the screen, but she's my people. 

I refuse to let you slander yourself like that. Note the bolded.  Karishma would never clean for Thanksgiving!  She would wait until her family came and let them clean her house and cook the meal while she sat on the couch complaining that they didn't once come and ask her whether she wanted cornbread stuffing or regular. 

I share your enjoyment of her though.  I want her to re-find the idol she played --  maybe they'll put it in her shoe -- and use it to get Dan or Dean out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I dont understand all the "Karishma nailed the idol play" If she didnt play her idol that would have been moronic. she knew she was on the chopping block. I too am tired of people who seem to "magically find an idol". I wish we could have a season without them.

• Love 5

After two not so great episodes, I enjoyed this week's a lot. 

Lauren was doing so great until she played her idol at TC. I do think she wasted it. She must have felt threatened after Karishma played her idol, for sure. But I don't think that's why she played her idol. I feel Lauren played it because she didn't want Karishma to have the last word. Her face was all "Oh no biatch, you are not playing this without me playing one too".

Karishma's social game is not good at all, and I'm sure she knows it. It was nice to see her finally get out of the "woah is me" mind set and play a little! She's learning that she cannot wait for anyone to give her anything, so she's taking some of it on her own. If that makes any sense. I loved loved loved how she played her idol. It was perfection, like Chandler Bing would say.

Is it weird that I am sorta kinda rooting for Noura? I don't think she's a great player, but she's won two individual immunity in a row... Can't argue with that. She has also shown some flashes of great game play in some of her talks with other castaways. But it seems like it's easy for her to forget about her plan and go along with others. Absolutely hated her bag searching tho.

I still like Elaine. Her retort to Jeff hitting her hat had me laughing! I do wonder how involved she was with Missy and Elizabeth in the whole "Dan makes me uncomfortable" thing. If she wins, I hope the producers have not downplayed her involvement in the whole thing. That would really piss me off, even more than if Dan or Elizabeth/Missy won the whole thing.

And I still like Janet. But it seems the Dan fiasco has taken its toll on her; she was almost invisible this episode.

Edited by Bouffe
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Bouffe said:

After two not so great episodes, I enjoyed this week's a lot. 

Lauren was doing so great until she played her idol at TC. I do think she wasted it. She must have felt threatened after Karishma played her idol, for sure. But I don't think that's why she played her idol. I feel Lauren played it because she didn't want Karishma to have the last word. Her face was all "Oh no biatch, you are not playing this without me playing one too".

Karishma's social game is not good at all, and I'm sure she knows it. It was nice to see her finally get out of the "woah is me" mind set and play a little! She's learning that she cannot wait for anyone to give her anything, so she's taking some of it on her own. If that makes any sense. I loved loved loved how she played her idol. It was perfection, like Chandler Bing would say.

Is it weird that I am sorta kinda rooting for Noura? I don't think she's a great player, but she's won two individual immunity in a row... Can't argue with that. She has also shown some flashes of great game play in some of her talks with other castaways. But it seems like it's easy for her to forget about her plan and go along with others. Absolutely hated her bag searching tho.

I still like Elaine. Her retort to Jeff hitting her hat had me laughing! I do wonder how involved she was with Missy and Elizabeth in the whole "Dan makes me uncomfortable" thing. If she wins, I hope the producers have not downplayed her involvement in the whole thing. That would really piss me off, even more than if Dan or Elizabeth/Missy won the whole thing.

And I still like Janet. But it seems the Dan fiasco has taken its toll on her; she was almost invisible this episode.

Karishma has been very clear at Tribal that she knows she does not gel with the Tribe. She has been aware of her social status since the game started. She also knows that she is not playing the game the way she wanted to play and that she should be more active but she doesn't have the energy to do that. She acts like someone who is depressed as well as food and sleep deprived. Given some of her talking heads about her family and marriage and how she sees herself, I would not be surprised if she was depressed. I think they Eeyore comments are pretty much right on except that she has not done much to make the Tribe accept her for who she is.

A part of me wishes that she had convinced Elisabeth to vote Dan and the two had voted together. The part of me that dislikes Elisabeth's game play is fine with her going home but I think it would have been sweet if Karishma had followed through with the Dan plan.

I don't think Elaine had anything to do with the Dan mess. Elaine is not the type of female that Dan would be touching. Dan did not touch Janet or Karishma, Elaine was probably left alone as well. All of the younger women commented on Dan's touching.  Kellee and Missy were both uncomfortable. Elisabeth noted it but it didn't seem to bother her as much as others. Lauren said that she had told Dan to stop and Dan stopped.

I am not so sure that the Dan mess really hurt Janet that badly. I think that we are at day 30 an people are slowing down due to the food and sleep issues and stress associated with the game. Janet is likely to feel those effects more then others because she is older. I think Janet put things in the past with Dan and I don't think anyone else in the game saw Dan's touching as being totally out of line. The only person left who had said something was Lauren and she did say that she told Dan to stop and Dan did. I don't think that Production is hiding anything at this point, I think that no one in the game cares about the inappropriate touching. Kellee's departure pretty much ended that story line.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, fishcakes said:

So is the consensus here that Dean's double fake Legacy Advantage was meant to take the target off his back with the other players so that he'll be free to play the ha ha he thinks it's real Legacy Advantage at 6? That's probably right, but the way he was explaining it and the way he acted when Jeff said it wasn't an advantage, I think it's entirely possible that he thought he was going to fool Jeff with his fake last night and then still have the "real" Legacy Advantage to play again at 6. I mean, that's stupid AF, but so is Dean.

I thought the exact same thing about Dean thinking he'd fool Jeff. 

20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm gonna disregard that slander against David Cook and Kris Allen I just saw and move on.

Well, if you are going to move on... I will, too. Sigh... 😉

20 hours ago, UGAmp said:

How is Elaine’s name not coming up for votes? She seems like the biggest social threat to me. Everyone seems to love her, including Jeff. Everyone says karishma will keep sliding by each vote so let’s get her out now BUT WHAT ABOUT ELAINE??  She will get votes at the final trial (not from Missy, obviously) but I seriously don’t think Karishma would get many.  Her remaining original tribe is just Karishma and Dean right? The rest were all on the purple one. How has this not even been mentioned since the merge?

I do feel like Elaine has downplayed herself brilliantly. She's playing the happy go lucky country bumpkin who's just having fun up very, very well.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Karishma has been very clear at Tribal that she knows she does not gel with the Tribe. She has been aware of her social status since the game started.

I don't think Elaine had anything to do with the Dan mess. Elaine is not the type of female that Dan would be touching. Dan did not touch Janet or Karishma, Elaine was probably left alone as well. All of the younger women commented on Dan's touching.  Kellee and Missy were both uncomfortable. Elisabeth noted it but it didn't seem to bother her as much as others. Lauren said that she had told Dan to stop and Dan stopped.

You are absolutely right about Karishma; she has said time and time again that she feels like an outsider and that she's not gelling with the others.

I know Dan didn't touch Elaine. I meant, I wonder if Elaine had any role in playing up how uncomfortable things were around Dan, like Missy and Elizabeth did.

• Love 2
Just now, Bouffe said:

You are absolutely right about Karishma; she has said time and time again that she feels like an outsider and that she's not gelling with the others.

I know Dan didn't touch Elaine. I meant, I wonder if Elaine had any role in playing up how uncomfortable things were around Dan, like Missy and Elizabeth did.

I seriously doubt it. Honestly, it does not feel like something that Elaine would do. She is not the type of person who can play off something that big. She strikes me as the straight shooter who has pretty clearly defined ethical values. I actually see her more like Janet then Missy, Elisabeth, or Lauren. And I doubt it would have been believable if Elaine had said something to Janet. Janet's confessionals on the entire mess made it clear that she knew Dan was bothering the younger "girls", Elaine would not fit into that dynamic.

And as much as the show botched this situation, I suspect that they would have shown us if Dan had been felly with Elaine or if Elaine had played into the drama.

The more the season plays out, and Ponderosa plays out, I think the way the various contestants dealt with this in game and at Ponderosa led Production to think that this wasn't that big of a deal.  Kellee has been getting along fine with Missy and Elisabeth at Ponderosa. There are shots of Kellee and Elisabeth laughing a lot in the pool and having a good time hanging out.

I doubt that Missy or Elisabeth discussed how they used the touching as game play to Kellee. I suspect that the hurt feelings and full impact of this insanity has come now that the episode aired. Kellee knows what Missy and Elisabeth did. Missy and Elisabeth are coming face to face with their decision to turn faking harassment into a game strategy.  Aaron and some of the others are really just learning what Kellee was so upset about.

Given that the harassment dropped off the radar for the remaining players, Production didn't seem to be too worried about anything. And then we all watched what happened and went "What the fuck?" and all hell broke loose.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I thought it was Karishma

That would have made sense. Karishma votes Janet, which means Elizabeth voted Kirishma and one of the majority "alliance" members voted Elizabeth.

The alternate would have been Elizabeth voting Janet, Karishma voting Elizabeth and everyone else voting for Karishma, which wouldn't seem to make sense considering Karishma was leaning towards playing her idol in the first place. Then again Karishma isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

Lauren had a solid gameplay episode but for whatever reason didn't plan ahead and would up panic-burning her idol. Why her majority "alliance" didn't plan a 4-3 or 5-2 Kirishma-Elizabeth and went for a 6-1 instead is baffling.

I think Lauren took the safe play and protected herself, but it shouldn't have come to that in the first place. Why raise the split vote strategy and not even bother in the end?

I still see an Elaine triumph in the end, Tommy doesn't seem anything special. The Goat Army seems to outnumber the realistic 'threats', frankly.

• Love 1

Lauren is the latest of an awful lot of IoI visitors who have gone nuts over Sandra and then been like, "oh, and Rob's here too." It is interesting to me how lopsided the excitement has been. People seem to really love Sandra. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, fishcakes said:

So is the consensus here that Dean's double fake Legacy Advantage was meant to take the target off his back with the other players so that he'll be free to play the ha ha he thinks it's real Legacy Advantage at 6? That's probably right, but the way he was explaining it and the way he acted when Jeff said it wasn't an advantage, I think it's entirely possible that he thought he was going to fool Jeff with his fake last night and then still have the "real" Legacy Advantage to play again at 6. I mean, that's stupid AF, but so is Dean. Also, I hadn't thought he was all that weird looking until last night when he walked up to Tommy and Lauren at treemail, looking all tiny and homuncular.

I thought it was a decent plan of his.  He said that Jamal gave this to him so people are aware of it and it does put a target on his back.  So he made something up to use now and have it fail so people will stop worrying about it.  Then he did say that he thinks the note is actually real and then he can use it later without anyone trying to vote him out because of it.  Tommy said he thought the “legacy advantage” was real although he was referring to the one Dean was trying to play right there that he wrote himself.  
I’m wondering where he got the extra paper.  I know they have paint and brushes and whatnot to make the tribe sign, but where would he come up with extra paper?  They wouldn’t need paper to make a new tribal flag.  On the Island, Rob made such a huge deal out of the fact that we never see blank paper and a pencil on Survivor and that there was so much power in that piece of paper and that “it can be anything you want it to be”.   So now Dean conveniently finds a second piece of blank parchment paper?  If paper is just lying around from tribal flag making art class, why hasn’t anyone else in the previous umpteen seasons tried using it to make fake advantages for people to find?

Sandra with the chicken was funny, although we are supposed to believe that she and Rob were hard at work looking for papaya to sustain themselves, and that a chicken followed them home to their shelter built with Rob’s sweat?  Hahaha whatever.  It was time for them to film, so they left the hotel with production, picked up a papaya from the buffet.  Then production found a chicken and put it in their “camp” while they ate to make it look more like they are “roughing it” amongst the wildlife and tarantulas like everyone else.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

STOP THE BAG SEARCHING!  {Puleeze, Jeff!)  Even as a mere VIEWER, I feel personally violated watching contestants toss around each other's bags/items, etc.  It is an 'ugly look' and not worthy of Survivor or of its players.  ☹️

• Love 7
6 hours ago, RescueMom said:

Lauren is the latest of an awful lot of IoI visitors who have gone nuts over Sandra and then been like, "oh, and Rob's here too." It is interesting to me how lopsided the excitement has been. People seem to really love Sandra. 

I've noticed this too and it truly delights me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Sandra with the chicken was funny, although we are supposed to believe that she and Rob were hard at work looking for papaya to sustain themselves, and that a chicken followed them home to their shelter built with Rob’s sweat?  Hahaha whatever.  It was time for them to film, so they left the hotel with production, picked up a papaya from the buffet.  Then production found a chicken and put it in their “camp” while they ate to make it look more like they are “roughing it” amongst the wildlife and tarantulas like everyone else.

Well, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm among many who think Rob is a useful hunk, but in this episode he's beginning to look a little dirty and disheveled; his hair and mustache are getting kinda wily. Maybe he's slacked off grooming in the hotel, but doubt it. 

As far as Tommy being at some kind of advantage bc he's white, he's a flaming red head, so no, that argument doesn't fly. jmo

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RescueMom said:

Or they admire the success she had on Survivor.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

And as much as the show botched this situation, I suspect that they would have shown us if Dan had been felly with Elaine or if Elaine had played into the drama.

Well, this ep they did show us, in the background of the pancake and bacon opportunity, Elaine leaning on a seated Dan with her arms affectionately on his right shoulder - I think it was when they were waiting for the players to position, so they could go and eat.

I remember thinking, my lord, if that was Dan doing the touching the world's heads would explode like in that excellent scene in the first Kingsman movie.

Edited by violet and green
boring typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Who voted for Elizabeth in the first round of voting?

The theory I heard was that Karishma voted for Janet & Dan threw his vote on Elizabeth just in case there was an HII played.

• Love 1

I made fun of Karishma last week, but she earned a little respect from me this round. Partially because she made some decent strategic moves, but mostly because SHE CHOSE TO PLAY INSTEAD OF EAT.

And yes, she failed almost instantly, but at least she tried. I will never understand the cocky complacence that enables some people to risk their entire game for a few bites of pancake.  I was especially disappointed in Janet. She’s had a target on her for at least 2 episodes— how could she feel secure enough to not even try to fight for herself?? 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:11 PM, princelina said:

Karishma is all Eeyore

Ha— I love this.  Eeyore is definitely her spirit animal.

Dan, on the other hand... at this point, I am fairly confident that if I were to do an image search for “cockroach”, a picture of his face would pop right up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I thought Lauren was right to play her idol.  Once Karishma played hers, everyone was vulnerable and if Lauren knew that Karishma didn't like her very much, or had figured out who was doing the lip reading, then it could easily have been her.  Also, any random vote could well have been for Lauren because everyone would like to break up the couple that is Lauren and Tommy.

I seem to be the only person who likes Lauren, but I've admired her from the first. Yes she's a little smug, but I do think she's observant and has generally given insightful  interviews about what's going on.  Does she think she's smarter than everyone else out there?  Yes.  Is she probably right about that?  I kind of think so.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

Good question - but we were never shown the casting of the first round of votes, so nobody has an answer as of yet.  

According to Wikipedia, Dan voted for Elizabeth and Karishma voted for Janet.  I don't know how this information could have been found, though.