Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E10: Bring on the Bacon

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I've mentioned before, I always look to see how early TC starts to see if something might be going down.  It started a little earlier than normal, so I hoped that meant a Karishma idol play was coming into full swing.  

Lt. Goat Dean, playing a fake legacy advantage, reporting to Probst to get humiliated.

So happy that Karishma screwed up the cool kids plan to oust her.  How dare she talk game and not get voted out!  But whhhhhhhy not Dan?!  He's turning into a Friday the 13th sequel with each week he survives.

• Love 21

Is there anyone left to root for this season?  I never thought I would be at the point where Karishma’s one of the few left I’m rooting for, but this group made it possible. 

And going through people’s belongings need to stop.  I don't know what made me more happy that Karishma survived and blindsided everyone: Noura actually taking her bag down the beach and dumping it (and thus thinking that was evidence enough she didn't have an idol), the look on Dan's face after he basically yelled at her for talking to Elizabeth (like Elizabeth didn't know she was on the chopping block), or Lauren getting knocked off her pedestal.  I mean, some of those people looked genuinely pissed that Karishma played her idol.  And since when did Lauren suddenly become so observant? 

For the IC, I was disappointed Noura didn’t Noura the situation and end up eating over playing, since I don’t like Tommy or Lauren and didn’t want them to succeed.  But she still came through when she didn’t drop, even after she won, so everyone could eat.  And I don’t know why everyone is so cared of Elizabeth.  She hasn’t even won anything on her own yet.  Noura has more immunity wins than her at this point.

These “lessons” on IOTI are getting stupider and stupider.  I don’t even think Lauren had to try that hard to convince people.  The people who sat out probably would have sat out regardless.  And it’s adorable that they are still pretending Sandra and Rob are roughing it on the island.

Also, I don’t think Dean understands what being a goat in this game is.  His fake legacy advantage looks worse than Jamal’s.

• Love 17
Just now, Pepper the Cat said:

The jaw dropping after Karishma played her idol was spectacular! As was the jury’s reactions. Very sorry to see Elizabeth go, I was routing for her.

Who voted for Janet the first time?

Karishma.  That's who Dan told her they were splitting the vote with (though I don't know why Karishma didn't go rogue and vote for someone else-but maybe she thought it would be more of a vote split).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Karishma.  That's who Dan told her they were splitting the vote with (though I don't know why Karishma didn't go rogue and vote for someone else-but maybe she thought it would be more of a vote split).

So who voted for Elizabeth? Someone is really on the outs

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Rachel RSL said:

Bye, Elizabeth. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

I literally shouted “YES!!” when Karishma played her idol. I get that she can be annoying but they all talk about her like she’s nothing so it brought me great joy to see her mess up their plans. I mean, really, they can’t “allow” Karishma to go any further in the game? Fuck all y’all!

Dean was especially smarmy tonight. I was really hoping he’d somehow get blindsided. Why exactly is Noura a goat? She’s been in on almost every vote and she’s winning challenges. I can’t wait until Dean and his hit-in-the-face-with-a-frying-pan face go home.

The way they describe Karishma is the perfect reason to keep her around until the end.  She won't win, even though at this point she's one of my picks.  I don't like how people treat her.  Dan just said they were splitting the vote and Karishma didn't know she was one of the targets, yet got upset with her because she went to talk to Elizabeth?  And believed Lauren's expertise at lip reading?  I mean, she wasn't wrong that she saw his name, but still.  He just acted like an ass, but considering who I'm talking about, no surprise.

Dean is too comical for words.  He's another one that, physically, hasn't proven himself.  And he's been blindsided twice, and almost voted out because he had no allies.  Yet somehow, he's a threat.

• Love 16

I think Elizabeth voted for Janet, but I don't know for sure.

I was going to do a Dan touch count, but I only saw one sighting of Dan touching someone - he punched Karishma in the arm after the last episode's tribal after they got back to camp, Of course who knows how much touching he did that didn't get shown. But what's he going to do when the young and pretty women are all voted off?  Who is he going to touch then? That's a real dilemma. 

Ha ha Karishma playing her idol!  All those faces. So there wasn't a split vote after all the first time around. And Lauren's not so good at reading a situation if she felt it was necessary to play her idol.

I wish there hadn't been a vote for Elizabeth the first time around. Then Dan would have gone!!

ETA: I think I got the votes mixed up on the first go-round. I know there was a Janet vote the first time, but was the other vote Elizabeth or Dan?

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I think the plan was to split the vote between Karishma and Elizabeth, and Karishma was told Janet.  People must not have been as scared of Elizabeth as they claim to be, because Karishma got all but 2 votes against her.  They were concerned about an idol being in play, which is why the split vote.

As much as I disliked Elizabeth, I was kind of sorry to see her go.  So many people upped the ick and arrogant factor tonight.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I think it was Dan, if the cursive is any indication. He's written names in cursive on the Aaron and Kellee votes.

Which means because he knew who Karishma would be voting for since he told Karishma to vote for Janet. He then he voted for Elizabeth to cancel out her vote in case she had an idol. Meaning Janet owes him her life. Also means the guy Elizabeth stuck up for sold her down the river.

Yay.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9

IOI - Fun with Sandra and a chicken.

Situational  Awareness with Lauren. 

“Im such a people person”  aaagh!  Being a loner, I try to avoid people like her.  Credit for picking the winners.

They gave her lots of info on the challenge.  Interesting "twist".  Hesitation sweetens the deal, again. 

I'm happy she burned the idol.  Lauren and Tommy need to be broken up.

Noura is crazy tough.  “I’m playing for you guys”.  Wait until she finds out she's getting played.

STOP THE BAG SEARCHING!  Karishma was smart to keep the idol on her person.

Was going straight to Elizabeth in front of Feely Dan and Queen Lauren a strategic move?

Talk about Situational Awareness if it was!

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Lt. Goat Dean, playing a fake legacy advantage, reporting to Probst to get humiliated.

It'll be even worse if he gets down to six and tries to play his actual fake Legacy Advantage.

I kind of want him to get down to six to get humiliated again.

Karishma played her idol right. Good for her. I wish it had been Dan on the chopping block, but Elizabeth is just as good.

8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I think Elizabeth voted for Janet, but I don't know for sure.

I assume it was Karishma, right? 

I missed the end card, so if they showed who voted for who, I'd assume Karishma would have, since Elizabeth couldn't vote for herself. I guess she could have voted for Karishma and someone else voted Elizabeth (maybe Dan?). 

Imagine if Dan hadn't voted Elizabeth; then Janet would have gone. That would have sucked. But I'm glad the person Elizabeth threw her game away for was the one who helped get her out. Seriously, if Elizabeth hadn't saved Dan, she might have been able to survive a little bit longer. 

I will say, Lauren did a good job with the Island of the Idols. That was a smart play by her. She doesn't irritate me as much as some, but I also can't forget her role in the Dan stuff so...I was pleased to see her smug face get replaced by shock when Karishma played her Idol. It's funnier to see Noura's reaction when she rifled through Karishma's bag. At least Karishma was smart enough to keep the Idol on her and not in the bag. 

• Love 16

That was FUN.

What does Dean keep calling them?  The Goat Alliance or whatever?  Goat Parade goes on!

I was all prepared to like Noura, but then she went rifling through Karishma's bag.  I don't think I can get that out of my head.

I never really liked Elizabeth, so whatever. I was as gleeful as Boston Rob that Karishma played the idol as perfectly as she could have.

Oh yeah, Lauren playing the idol.  HahaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.  She was having such a good episode up until then!

24 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I've mentioned before, I always look to see how early TC starts to see if something might be going down.  It started a little earlier than normal, so I hoped that meant a Karishma idol play was coming into full swing.  

Yeah but I purposely DON'T because I like to be surprised!!!  😜

What is Elaine even talking about WRT who she's loyal to?  I thought everyone who she's loyal to is on the damn jury bench.  Who the hell is she loyal to now?  Don't tell me.  It's Dan, right? 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I wonder if Dean was able to read Jamal's reaction to him playing the fake fake legacy advantage. 

If he noticed that Jamal wasn't shocked when Probst said it was fake, he should now know that the real fake legacy advantage is as fake as the fake fake legacy advantage.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

And to no one's surprise, Elizabeth followed her muscle right out of the game. I knew she was dead in the game as soon as Aaron and Missy were voted out.

Karishma's attempted play against Dan wasn't a bad one. I'm just confused why she thought it was a good idea to have the conversation with Elizabeth, so close to where she'd just spoken with Dan. 

I am baffled by this perceived threat Dean considers himself, so much so that he sees others as Goats and doesn't include himself in this. I can't imagine that the people left in the game truly see Dean as any kind of real threat.

Because what would that be based on? Lauren all but said flat out that Dean actually sucks in challenges, so he's no physical threat. Just a lot of vanity muscles that per Rob, he clearly likes showing off.

He's shown himself to be only a moderately decent strategist, he doesn't seem tightly aligned and loyal to anyone. So again, what is this threat Dean think he poses? And how has he not realized he too is a GOAT?

And once again I need to reiterate how much I really can't stand Tommy. There is such arrogance dripping off that guy. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It’ll be even worse if he gets down to six and tries to play his actual fake Legacy Advantage.

I kind of want him to get down to six to get humiliated again.

Oh please let this happen!! I don’t care if that makes me a horrible person.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh yeah, Lauren playing the idol.  HahaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.  She was having such a good episode up until then!

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention Lauren stupidly reading too much into Karishma's "maybe you think you're part of the big group but then they slit your throat!" answer and playing her idol like an idiot. I get that it's Survivor, you're playing a game and you don't have all the information...but girl, I'm pretty sure it was easy to read the Tribal Council vibe. I'm pretty sure the focus was still on Elizabeth and Karishma, judging from everyone else's answers. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So happy that Karishma screwed up the cool kids plan to oust her.  How dare she talk game and not get voted out!  But whhhhhhhy not Dan?!  He's turning into a Friday the 13th sequel with each week he survives.

I was definitely hoping for Dan, but won't miss Elizabeth one bit. She can go hang with her friends on the loser's side. And I'm not worried about Dan. there's no way he will win.

13 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

The jaw dropping after Karishma played her idol was spectacular!

It certainly caused Lauren to lose all her brain cells as her head went crashing along with her jaw.

17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Also, I don’t think Dean understands what being a goat in this game is.  His fake legacy advantage looks worse than Jamal’s.

I'm hoping it sets Dean up to go the next time he tries to use his "real" legacy advantage. Heh.

18 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Queen Lauren wasted her idol.  Haha

It was only a split second, but I thought Tommy didn't look pleased. I think he wanted it at the next TC.

14 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Which means because he knew who Karishma would be voting for since he told Karishma to vote for Janet. He then he voted for Elizabeth to cancel out her vote in case she had an idol. Meaning Janet owes him her life. Also means the guy Elizabeth stuck up for sold her down the river.

Ugh. Is that like the Michael Scott rule for wanting credit for driving someone to the hospital.....after he hit them with HIS car? Dan is the only one who floated Janet. Not sure Janet owes him anything for saving her.

• Love 11

While Lauren had two Tribals to play the idol she really folded quickly didn’t she? Lauren really got shook after Karishma’s speech. I’m glad a Karishma played the idol correctly. The tribe was absolutely shocked that she had one and played it. They were crapping in their buffs. Dan kept looking at the jury for some reason like, “Can you believe this girl?!?”. LOL!!!! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That was FUN.

What does Dean keep calling them?  The Goat Alliance or whatever?  Goat Parade goes on!

I was all prepared to like Noura, but then she went rifling through Karishma's bag.  I don't think I can get that out of my head.

I never really liked Elizabeth, so whatever. I was as gleeful as Boston Rob that Karishma played the idol as perfectly as she could have.

Yeah but I purposely DON'T because I like to be surprised!!!  😜

I liked the look on Tommy's face.  He seemed in shock, but I guess he forgot it was HER idol, not his/theirs.  I do love that Lauren was on a such high, thinking she brilliantly manipulated her tribe into doing her bidding at the challenge, the look she gave Karishma as she nibbled on her hash browns when she fell out of the challenge, her and Tommy gloating about how they wouldn't need to use the idol tonight...and then it all came crashing down.  Guess she isn't as observant as she thinks.  I'll give her credit she actually brought it to TC, and while she did play it for nothing, thankfully it's now gone.  I hope Karishma manages to find another idol or advantage, or the tide turns in her favor. 

I agree about Noura.  That was a low, especially taking the bag from the camp and dumping it out.  I'm so glad she got played.  

And with Elizabeth out, the big question is-will she do interviews, and if so, will they be e-mail like Missy and Aaron?  I think only Parade allowed e-mailed interviews, everyone else wanted to talk to them in person.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

Lauren....what...the...hell?!?!

We've seen idols toasted before when a person has had at least reason to suspect they were in danger...but playing that was so completly inexplicable and out of left field that even her closest ally appeared shocked to his core she would so wantonly waste it...especially after displaying the skill to pick the likely winners.

And Karishma...is such a sad sack that I was sure she would go home with that idol in her pocket. Astonishing that she didn't...I don't see how she can possibly survive another week.

Noura gets props for trying to make up for last weeks blunder with the food by attempting to extend the eating time for the rest of the castaways.

That's all I got for tonight.

But being Thanksgiving I just want to recall Thanksgiving past when SURVIVOR used to air on Thursdays. Does anyone remember the painful two week wait for a fresh episode and they would only run lame "The season so far!" recaps instead.

Finally they did air on the holiday itself some times and there was one very memorable (somewhat...I have to parphrase)

VOICE OVER: As you gather together with family and friends this holiday...look what the castaways are EATING for Thanksgiving Dinner

CUT TO: A gross food challenge. I miss those so much given that they were once part of SURVIVOR's DNA. But like the Fast Forward on AMAZING RACE and Peanut Butter and Jelly on BIG BROTHER its a rarely seen component of the show in recent years...and SURVIVOR is the worse for it! Pass the live larva with a side of cranberries!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I liked the look on Tommy's face.  He seemed in shock, but I guess he forgot it was HER idol, not his/theirs.  I do love that Lauren was on a such high, thinking she brilliantly manipulated her tribe into doing her bidding at the challenge, the look she gave Karishma as she nibbled on her hash browns when she fell out of the challenge, her and Tommy gloating about how they wouldn't need to use the idol tonight...and then it all came crashing down.  Guess she isn't as observant as she thinks.  I'll give her credit she actually brought it to TC, and while she did play it for nothing, thankfully it's now gone.  I hope Karishma manages to find another idol or advantage, or the tide turns in her favor. 

I agree about Noura.  That was a low, especially taking the bag from the camp and dumping it out.  I'm so glad she got played.  

And with Elizabeth out, the big question is-will she do interviews, and if so, will they be e-mail like Missy and Aaron?  I think only Parade allowed e-mailed interviews, everyone else wanted to talk to them in person.

Since it’s a holiday week & scandal rolled into one I’m guessing she’ll do an email exit interview or bypass altogether. I’m just curious who’ll do an actual interview with RHAP first? Everyone else left wasn’t involved. Obviously, Dan would pass. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Because what would that be based on? Lauren all but said flat out that Dean actually sucks in challenges, so he's no physical threat. Just a lot of vanity muscles that per Rob, he clearly likes showing off.

He's shown himself to be only a moderately decent strategist, he doesn't seem tightly aligned and loyal to anyone. So again, what is this threat Dean think he poses? And how has he not realized he too is a GOAT?

Not that he doesn't have plenty of competition, so many of whom I can't remember, but I'd like to nominate Dean as possibly the blandest younger dude to ever set his foot down on the show. Once you get past the vapid (and completely useless) muscles, what else is there really? His confessionals are just super boring.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And to no one's surprise, Elizabeth followed her muscle right out of the game. I knew she was dead in the game as soon as Aaron and Missy were voted out.

Karishma's attempted play against Dan wasn't a bad one. I'm just confused why she thought it was a good idea to have the conversation with Elizabeth, so close to where she'd just spoken with Dan. 

I am baffled by this perceived threat Dean considers himself, so much so that he sees others as Goats and doesn't include himself in this. I can't imagine that the people left in the game truly see Dean as any kind of real threat.

And once again I need to reiterate how much I really can't stand Tommy. There is such arrogance dripping off that guy. 

Tommy has arrogance cause he has 6 other morons doing his work 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Not that he doesn't have plenty of competition, so many of whom I can't remember, but I'd like to nominate Dean as possibly the blandest younger dude to ever set his foot down on the show. Once you get past the vapid (and completely useless) muscles, what else is there really? His confessionals are just super boring.  

I personally think the win still goes to Carter from the Philippines, but Dean is close!

• Love 2

So far Sandra and Rob have done fuck all to influence this game. Everyone who has gotten an idol from them has gone home with it in their pocket, and Lauren just wasted hers. Oh, I guess Elaine managed to block someone's vote but he would have been voted out anyway. The producers have to know this season's twist has been a total wash.

I would so dearly love it if just one person got to the Island of the Idols, saw Rob and Sandra approaching and went "Oh, crap, these two." Not everyone who plays Survivor worships this pair, or even likes them. Of course they would never let anyone say that on TV but I would love it.

I actually thought it was stupid for both Lauren and Tommy to sit out the challenge. One of them should have stayed in just in case neither Noura or Elizabeth won. Tommy was in danger himself last tribal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

BTW, I wonder if Missy and Elizabeth now realize that you can't spell Karishma without K-a-r-m-a.

That's a good one. I wish Karishma would start using it herself, but she's not witty or sly enough to think of it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I am not sure how dead she was given that she was only voted out because Karishma had an idol.  

• Love 5

Was this the first time a returnee from IOTI didn't claim the "random rock" game (or whatever)?  None of the tribe seemed overly surprised that Lauren got so much information about the upcoming IC and had input on the reward when seemingly no one else had even admitted to seeing anyone else on the island.

I think the editors have cut out a lot of chit chat about the IOTI...

• Love 10
10 hours ago, LanceM said:

I am not sure how dead she was given that she was only voted out because Karishma had an idol.  

Elizabeth wasn't only voted out because Karishma played an idol. The tribe was dead set on Karishma or Elizabeth and at one point seemed completely behind Elizabeth, until they decided that making Karishma continue to slide by tribal after tribal, could hurt them in the end. Which is why they were able to so easily agree upon and shift back to Elizabeth, for the re-vote. 

Point being, as soon as Missy and Aaron were out, the tribe looked around and said, "sorry Elizabeth, you need to go" and she had little to no power to stop it.

Plenty of people have lost alliance partners and manage to survive by finding some wiggle room and working their way in with other members. That Elizabeth's name was so adamantly and immediately thrown out, confirmed that she really only had Missy and Aaron. And with them and their power they were wielding gone, she was a sitting duck. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I feel sorry for Karishma for how she's treated, but holy shit, woman, I'd probably go all mean girl on your sad sack ass, too.  Her social game is so bad, she could go to the final tribal by herself and not get any votes.

I agree.    She is one of those people who seem to go through life wearing a “kick me” sign on their backs.   

Happy Janet stayed.  Buh bye Elizabeth.  Don’t be too proud of yourself.  You haven’t seen your edit yet.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don’t think Tommy even really likes Karishma. Of course, he’s a teacher & a nice person but he probably holds back his annoyance with Karishma for his image & career. Karishma just has a bad social gene for Survivor & possibly in real life.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Elizabeth wasn't ony voted out because Karishma played an idol. The tribe was dead set on Karishma or Elizabeth and at one point seemed completely behind Elizabeth, until they decided that making Karishma continue to slide by tribal after tribal, could hurt them in the end. Which is why they were able to so easily agree upon and shift back to Elizabeth, for the re-vote. 

Point being, as soon as Missy and Aaron were out, the tribe looked around and said, "sorry Elizabeth, you need to go" and she had little to no power to stop it.

Plenty of people have lost alliance partners and manage to survive by finding some wiggle room and working their way in with other members. That Elizabeth's name was so adamantly and immediately thrown out, confirmed that she really only had Missy and Aaron. And with them and their power they were wielding gone, she was a sitting duck. 

Oh sure she was definitely in trouble no doubt about that. But things can change quickly in the game so who knows what would have happened had she not going home tonight because Karishma pulled out an idol. As the numbers whittle free agents like Elizabeth can become valuable pieces. That is all I am saying.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Elizabeth wasn't ony voted out because Karishma played an idol. The tribe was dead set on Karishma or Elizabeth and at one point seemed completely behind Elizabeth, until they decided that making Karishma continue to slide by tribal after tribal, could hurt them in the end. Which is why they were able to so easily agree upon and shift back to Elizabeth, for the re-vote. 

It also confirmed a lot of dumbasses playing for Tommy and Lauren 

10 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I agree.    She is one of those people who seem to go through life wearing a “kick me” sign on their backs.   

Happy Janet stayed.  Buh bye Elizabeth.  Don’t be too proud of yourself.  You haven’t seen your edit yet.  

Actually Elizabeth HAS seen her edit lol

3 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I feel sorry for Karishma for how she's treated, but holy shit, woman, I'd probably go all mean girl on your sad sack ass, too.  Her social game is so bad, she could go to the final tribal by herself and not get any votes.

So true. Karishma is the kind of underdog who’s really hard to root for. She alternates between being a sad sack and smugly overestimating her place in the game. She reminds me of Shii-Ann, who was also an outcast non-entity in her seasons but would have these little flare ups of thinking she was a badass and/or a major player.

I’d be okay with her making it to FTC only because I’m curious to see how terrible her jury management performance would be. I was cringing with secondhand embarrassment when she was speechifying about doing her very best when she lasted all of 10 seconds in the challenge.

Agreed that Dean is hardly the one to be protesting about goats. His argument is valid that if they wait too long, they might slip into the final 3 OR someone could wrangle them in for an easy win, but he’s done exactly nothing to be perceived as a threat. Should he get to the end, what exactly is his pitch for winning?

They should be concerned about Noura at this point, she’s a physical threat and a bit of a wildcard. They should focus on getting her out the minute she doesn’t win.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Isn’t Dean a goat? How can he be the organizer of getting the goats out when he is one? I guess no one has told him.

Didn't you hear? Now that Aaron's gone, he's the biggest physical threat left. He's got a HUUUUUGE target on his back from...almost winning all those comps....

Or was that Tommy who claimed that last episode? I can't remember. I think it was Dean, though.

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Didn't you hear? Now that Aaron's gone, he's the biggest physical threat left. He's got a HUUUUUGE target on his back from...almost winning all those comps....

Or was that Tommy who claimed that last episode? I can't remember. I think it was Dean, though.

I will say I expected Tommy & Dean to be bigger challenge beast. I guess they could be throwing them but I doubt they’d be this bad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1