Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E10: Bring on the Bacon

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

They should be concerned about Noura at this point, she’s a physical threat and a bit of a wildcard. They should focus on getting her out the minute she doesn’t win.

At this point, I want Noura to win.  

eta:  in spite of her bag searching.  I have sunk this low this season.

Edited by PaperTree
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Didn't you hear? Now that Aaron's gone, he's the biggest physical threat left. He's got a HUUUUUGE target on his back from...almost winning all those comps....

Or was that Tommy who claimed that last episode? I can't remember. I think it was Dean, though.

Tommy and Dean are the only (apparently) fit young men left in the game + Feely Dan and 5 women.

Dean has been a legend in his own mind for weeks, yet he survives somehow.

Noura (and a younger Janet) would kick all their butts.

• Love 8

Karishma and Lauren are like the opposites of the same person - Karishma is all Eeyore until something good happens then she's all smug and a PLAYER!  Lauren has had a pretty easy time of it so she's all happy and smug and a PLAYER but the second something doesn't go her way she folds like a cheap tent - which is why she wasted her idol tonight.

I'm also rooting for Noura.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Sorry to see Elizabeth go because I was rooting for her. With her gone, I have absolutely no one to root for. I honestly can truly say I don't really like anyone left. It's so bad that I guess Karishma is who I am hoping wins this whole thing. Brilliant idol play by the way. Loved all of the shocked reactions.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

As useless as IOTI is, I would totally watch a season of just Sandra getting bit by chickens while Rob laughs at her. 😂

Literally the only part of the episode I enjoyed. The rest was pretty much trash.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I hope Karishma manages to find another idol or advantage, or the tide turns in her favor.

I hope to god not. I can't remember someone I've actively rooted against this much. I laughed out loud when she fell out so soon from the challenge. Jeff was actually nice to her when she was Little Miss Crybaby over there all by herself trying to convince herself that she'd be fine not eating. Everything about her annoys me. As far as how people treat her, I think she brings it on herself by her lousy attitude, wavering between outright smug and downright irritating.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
45 minutes ago, princelina said:

Karishma and Lauren are like the opposites of the same person - Karishma is all Eeyore until something good happens then she's all smug and a PLAYER!  Lauren has had a pretty easy time of it so she's all happy and smug and a PLAYER but the second something doesn't go her way she folds like a cheap tent - which is why she wasted her idol tonight.

I'm also rooting for Noura.

I don't know if Lauren actually wasted her idol - it was one of those TCs in which a person could leave with just one vote against them.  I'd have been paranoid, too.

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Tommy and Dean are the only (apparently) fit young men left in the game + Feely Dan and 5 women.

Dean has been a legend in his own mind for weeks, yet he survives somehow.

Noura (and a younger Janet) would kick all their butts.

Janet could kick his ass at her current age.  She would look him in the eye, politely tell him she was going to kick his ass, then proceed to do exactly that.  And then ask if he's okay afterward.

I'm disappointed in Noura's snooping, but I'm fascinated by her ability to power through challenges.  I'd kind of like to see her go on an idol run all the way through to the end.  And she might be the winner this season deserves.

Edited by EllenB
Bad grammar! Bad!
  • Love 15

I'm so naïve and hopeful. I thought, for a second, that Karishma (and possibly Elizabeth or Elizabeth had voted Karishma) had voted Dan and the creeper would be going home. Alas. But that move might have elevated Karishma to Queen status right there.

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but there's something about Tommy that I just don't like.

Can a woman please please please win this season? I don't like Dan, Tommy or Dean much so at this point I'm really not picky. But I'm guessing at least one guy, and possibly two, will be the final three.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It'll be even worse if he gets down to six and tries to play his actual fake Legacy Advantage.

I kind of want him to get down to six to get humiliated again.

All I can say is, there better be some "fool me once..." soundbite from Dean before playing his fake legacy advantage again.  Jamal is probably going to look super confused, and for once I can't wait to see how Rob and Sandra react to that.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Lauren gets major kudos from me for 1) talking so many people into eating, and 2) winning the Exacta bet.  She has game skills and great perception, as well.

The goats are killing me:  Feely Dan (who doesn't seem to show any of the shame he should), Dean (whose confessionals only serve to reaffirm his goatiness), and the queen of all goats, Karishma (whose name must be Hindi for annoying, goat, or annoying goat).

I could see either Lauren or Elaine winning, though I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Noura wins.  She's fascinating to watch.

• Love 8

Not only did Noura look thru the  bag.... she actually picked it up and took it out of the camp.  I think that’s even lower than searching it wherever it’s been placed.  I’m not a fan of cast members touching each others stuff.   That includes last season where the woman was spreading the others clothes on the beach. Seems  like an invasion of the little privacy  they get. 

• Love 10

I was so hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle with Karishma idoling out Dan, but alas it was not to be. I wonder why Karishma didn't vote for Dan. It was a perfect opportunity to kick out Feely Dan, but it doesn't seem like the rest of the players have a real yen to kick him out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

I was so hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle with Karishma idoling out Dan, but alas it was not to be. I wonder why Karishma didn't vote for Dan. It was a perfect opportunity to kick out Feely Dan, but it doesn't seem like the rest of the players have a real yen to kick him out. 

Since Dan told Karishma the vote was between Elizabeth and Janet, I wonder if she figured that more people would vote for Janet than just her (as is usually the case with split votes), so it wouldn’t matter.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EllenB said:

I feel sorry for Karishma for how she's treated, but holy shit, woman, I'd probably go all mean girl on your sad sack ass, too.  Her social game is so bad, she could go to the final tribal by herself and not get any votes.

I'm thinking in real life I might get along with her, but I'd be irritated with her throughout this game.  She's either gloomy or gloating.  Neither one is a good look.  She played the idol right, but that's all I've seen her do well.  The attitude she gets when she feels like she's stepping up and not taking crap from anyone is overdone and annoying.  I wouldn't blame the other players if they got back from this tribal counsel and flat out told her that unless she can scrounge up another idol then it's buh-bye girl!  I can't deal with all that bitchy attitude from someone who can only stand up for herself when she's got the idol in her pocket.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

When Janet got the 8th vote I literally was ready to throw my iPad at the wall. 

Yes!  First thing out of my mouth was who's the bitch that voted for my Janet!?

• Love 15
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Is there anyone left to root for this season?  I never thought I would be at the point where Karishma’s one of the few left I’m rooting for, but this group made it possible. 

And going through people’s belongings need to stop.  I don't know what made me more happy that Karishma survived and blindsided everyone. Noura actually taking her bag down the beach and dumping it (and thus thinking that was evidence enough she didn't have an idol), and then seeing her pull it out at TC.  The look on Dan's face, after he basically yelled at her back at camp for talking to Elizabeth (like Elizabeth didn't know she was on the chopping block) and knowing she brought his name up.  Or Lauren getting knocked off her pedestal.  I mean, some of those people looked genuinely pissed that Karishma played her idol.  And since when did Lauren suddenly become so observant? 

For the IC, I was disappointed Noura didn’t Noura the situation and end up eating over playing, since I don’t like Tommy or Lauren and didn’t want them to succeed.  But she still came through when she didn’t drop, even after she won, so everyone could eat.  And I don’t know why everyone is so cared of Elizabeth.  She hasn’t even won anything on her own yet.  Noura has more immunity wins than her at this point.

These “lessons” on IOTI are getting stupider and stupider.  I don’t even think Lauren had to try that hard to convince people.  The people who sat out probably would have sat out regardless.  And it’s adorable that they are still pretending Sandra and Rob are roughing it on the island.

Also, I don’t think Dean understands what being a goat in this game is.  His fake legacy advantage looks worse than Jamal’s.

When Karishma decided to do the challenge instead of eating, almost immediately failed, & then sat there whining about what a failure she was, I wanted to smack her. But then she actually correctly played her idol & saved her own ass, so I guess she balanced out this episode.

• Love 2

Everyone's saying Lauren wasted her idol, but I think either the one she played will be good for the next tribal, too, or she will get a second one.  Didn't Rob say that if she was right she would have immunity for the next two tribals?

Karishma's idol play was the funniest thing I've ever seen.  Every face was a blindside face.  I can't give her too much credit for playing it though, she knew her name had come up and she wouldn't have had the idol at all if Noura hadn't forced her to go get coconuts.  The way she whines and complains, does nothing around camp, and then brags about herself is just too much. So far her game strategy is based on voting for whoever last said something bossy to her. She told Jeff she wanted to compete in the challenge to see just what she was made of and apparently she's made of 20 seconds of true grit followed by crying because she didn't win. 

Dean is the goatiest of all goats and true goats never know they're goats, they think they're under the radar.  Plus he keeps saying myself when he should say me.  I loved how Lauren told the Rob/Sandra that Dean's bad at everything.  We've all seen it but it's nice to hear it spoken  aloud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

Oh Noura. I was all set to forgive your redrum eyes, multiple challenge wins, and wild laugh. And then you had to go and drag Kharishma's bag a distance away without her knowing, just so you could rifle through it. I know you're barking with laughter right now, but all your Noura-isms just fade away once you enlisted the help of another castaway to go through Kharishma's bag.

Oh Kharishma. You're annoying AF, but you did play your idol correctly AND you took out Elizabeth. You're already less of a goat than Dean.

Speaking of....that Dean confessional about the Goat Army was a cringeworthy moment. I felt embarrassed for him! And what was THAT with the magically appearing art supplies (it's not a pencil....) It just seemed really convoluted, although it was amusing to see how pleased Dean was with himself, not to mention his superinflated anti-goat self-image.

Oh Lauren. At least you have the best island outfit. But even if you make it to the end, you'll be seen as riding Tommy's coattails. Is he the first this season to use on-camera the dreaded "good for my resume" phrase?

At least Janet lives to fight another day! Hope she finds the newly planted idol.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Didn't you hear? Now that Aaron's gone, he's the biggest physical threat left. He's got a HUUUUUGE target on his back from...almost winning all those comps....

Dean was literally the first one Lauren dismissed at having a chance in the challenge, and adding to the LOLs, they actually rolled a montage of Dean's challenge failures.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Did they really need to relax the test to give Lauren two chances?  The edit made it look like the new offer was made quickly.

Lauren did explain it away very well when she got back.  And her lip reading skills were impressive, have we even seen that on Survivor before?

Karishma probably took on the immunity challenge to help conceal she had an idol.  Karishma is annoying and I would be surprised if she made it to the end still.

Dean must be very confident his own legacy advantage is real by playing his own fake one to make it seem like he doesn't have one now.

Sandra getting her papaya stolen was probably the best moment at any of the tests.

I'd say it was one of the best episodes of the season despite the boot not being very surprising as there was other stuff going on.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 3

That was the first correct and necessary idol play in this entire season!

So many idols gone home in pockets (Vince, sigh, and Kellee, double sigh), played prematurely (Janet), played for someone not under threat (Jamal's for Noura), for someone noxious (Kellee's first one for Dean) or thrown wildly into the air, as per Lauren's panic play tonight. Idiot. The look on Tommy's face!

I am so proud of Karishma, rising like a phoenix from the ashes of her bad earlier edit!

Furious, and indignant, as was Janet, to see Janet's name written down, and so glad she was okay, after all.

Karishma may be a dud around camp, socially to a large degree, and in challenges, but she gives a good confessional, and I hope she goes far (along with Janet, and Elaine) just to stick it up the rest of them. She is outlasting like a limpet! And her outwitting is coming to the fore, also. May the idols be with her...

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Everyone's saying Lauren wasted her idol, but I think either the one she played will be good for the next tribal, too, or she will get a second one.  Didn't Rob say that if she was right she would have immunity for the next two tribals?

I did wonder when I heard that in the episode, but now I just think it could be played at two tribals and being played it's now gone.  It wasn't explained as clear as it could have been.

8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Dan just said they were splitting the vote and Karishma didn't know she was one of the targets, yet got upset with her because she went to talk to Elizabeth? 

She went straight across to Elizabeth after talking to Dan and in full view of him was planning with her to vote him out.  Dan ended up voting Elizabeth, I think he just feels closer to Janet being older generation. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Al Herkimer said:

I'm honestly surprised to see the level of anti-Dan sentiment here after what seemed like a genuine apology.  So far he's playing a good UTR game aside from the Kellee incident.  His name never comes up.

What heartfelt apology?   I just heard smarmy self-justification and a lack of personal responsibility.   

I agree Lauren had to do it once Karishma played her.   She knew a single vote could send someone home.  

And Dan, general of the Goat Army but not realizing it.... he is pretty cocky consider that if it weren’t for Kellee, he would have gone home weeks ago.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

And since when did Lauren suddenly become so observant? 

Lauren is observant with respect to her allies, but is absofuckinglutely clueless about people she has deemed unworthy of her attention; remember - Lauren is the same person who thought Elaine was totally incapable of strategic thought.

7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

[Dean’s] fake legacy advantage looks worse than Jamal’s.

But who knows that?  Other than Dean, the only person who got a good look at it was Probst; the rest only saw a piece of parchment at distance, by flickering firelight.  And while the rest saw Jamal hand a rolled-up parchment to Dean - did they ever get a good look at it UNrolled?

Thus far I’ve been mightily unimpressed with Dean’s gameplay, but on this particular score I think he did pretty good.  Dean didn’t know whether Jamal’s Legacy Advantage was genuine or not, but he did know the simple uncertainty associated with it put a giant target on his back so long as it remained active in the game.  Dean’s play of his fake should at least neutralize THAT particular paranoia.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but there's something about Tommy that I just don't like.

Can a woman please please please win this season? I don't like Dan, Tommy or Dean much so at this point I'm really not picky. But I'm guessing at least one guy, and possibly two, will be the final three.

Tommy has annoyed the bejesus out of me since Day One. I'm not sure why because compared to some of the others he's pretty inoffensive, but I just have a very negative reaction to him.

At this point I would prefer any of the remaining women over any of the remaining men as the winner. I expect to be disappointed because I almost always am.

5 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Karishma (whose name must be Hindi for annoying, goat, or annoying goat).

I actually looked up what Karishma meant because I was curious if it meant something like "everlasting" that would be particularly funny. It actually means "miracle."

3 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

And what was THAT with the magically appearing art supplies (it's not a pencil....)

Those were the paints, etc. that they were given to create the new tribe flag when they merged.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Sadly I find myself not being interested in this season anymore. It's so obvious that Tommy is winning since episode 1 for me plus all the drama with Dan and Kellee, I just don't care who wins and that they gave to say about their gameplay or anything about them for that matter. At the moment I am considering to stop watching and start next season again and I am a hardcore fan who watches, listens to all podcasts, reads forums etc. It's just ruined.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Literally the only part of the episode I enjoyed. The rest was pretty much trash.

I hope to god not. I can't remember someone I've actively rooted against this much. I laughed out loud when she fell out so soon from the challenge. Jeff was actually nice to her when she was Little Miss Crybaby over there all by herself trying to convince herself that she'd be fine not eating. Everything about her annoys me. As far as how people treat her, I think she brings it on herself by her lousy attitude, wavering between outright smug and downright irritating.

Yes to everything you just wrote but bottom line is she's still there while a lot of the 'good player's ' are gone.

Something to be said for that.  She's either very, very good-smart or dam lucky!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Karishma needs to get rid of Dan.  In not doing so she has a powerful enemy!

I like her moves and strategy.  She's humming along!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, PaperTree said:

IOI - Fun with Sandra and a chicken.

Situational  Awareness with Lauren. 

“Im such a people person”  aaagh!  Being a loner, I try to avoid people like her.  Credit for picking the winners.

They gave her lots of info on the challenge.  Interesting "twist".  Hesitation sweetens the deal, again. 

I'm happy she burned the idol.  Lauren and Tommy need to be broken up.

Noura is crazy tough.  “I’m playing for you guys”.  Wait until she finds out she's getting played.

STOP THE BAG SEARCHING!  Karishma was smart to keep the idol on her person.

Was going straight to Elizabeth in front of Feely Dan and Queen Lauren a strategic move?

Talk about Situational Awareness if it was!

Crazy tough noura but last week she celebrated and cost her team Pb&J. Why the concentration now 😂.

1 hour ago, simplyme said:

Tommy has annoyed the bejesus out of me since Day One. I'm not sure why because compared to some of the others he's pretty inoffensive, but I just have a very negative reaction to him.

Come sit next to me, because same. It's interesting that Missy and Aaron got the dreaded "arrogant" label, while Tommy literally said, "You write my name, you pack your bags" and "She wrote my name down, so now I'm coming for her." The one who sat in the tribal council where Elaine played her advantage and said, "If I go home, it will be the worst night of my life."

He's by far the most arrogant person on that tribe, and yet ... ::crickets:: because Missy ... had well-articulated plans and explained them forcefully. When Tommy literally dismissed people on his tribe who would bring him strategies and gameplans with a wave of his hand: "Oh, that doesn't work for me," "no, that doesn't work for me either," like the island had annointed him King. Sounds about white.

33 minutes ago, himela said:

It's so obvious that Tommy is winning since episode 1 for me

If Tommy actually wins, with as little as he's done so far, he is the Lee DeWyze of young white guys on Survivor (for anyone who remembers American Idol, Lee DeWyze was the umpeenth white guy with a guitar, but he didn't have the talent of David Cook or the charisma of Kris Allen, it was like "yep, you're white and you play the guitar, so ... I guess the crown is yours.") At least Chris Underwood had to take a risk, and took advantage of the twist to get his win.

But come to think of it, arrogant, inexplicably beloved Tommy winning would be the perfect metaphor for this season. Survivor wants to see itself as real life? Well, mediocre white men always come out on top there, too.

Edited by Eolivet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say I expected Tommy & Dean to be bigger challenge beast. I guess they could be throwing them but I doubt they’d be this bad. 

Dean and Tommy both seem to suffer from Wardog Syndrome, where men who appear to be athletic suck at challenges.  In women, it is called Crystal Cox Syndrome.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Karishma is building a resume, albeit a low-key one.  Surviving this vote by playing her idol is a major building block of that resume.  And, her "speech" as she played her idol showed that she's not a slouch when it comes to a closing argument.  If she gets to F3, expect her to show more of that side of herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don’t see why Lauren would wear her hair like that to go on survivor. In real life great but it’s got to get in her way during challenges especially ones in the water where it would get weighed down by the water.  They’d be better if they were shorter maybe?  I’ve often thought women going on survivor must have to give thought to their hair.  And are they allowed to  take hair ties or elastics?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Did they really need to relax the test to give Lauren two chances?  The edit made it look like the new offer was made quickly.

Yeah but I think they would have shown it if Lauren hesitated so I tend to believe that Rob folded too fast.  He should have offered her two names BUT she would lose her vote in the next TWO tribal if she is wrong instead of just one tribal.  That would have been more fair. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

He meant that it would be good for next 2 TCs, meaning that it could be used at either TC, not that her immunity would last for 2 TCs.

9 hours ago, Al Herkimer said:

I'm honestly surprised to see the level of anti-Dan sentiment here after what seemed like a genuine apology.  So far he's playing a good UTR game aside from the Kellee incident.  His name never comes up.

There has been no genuine apology from Dan.  He still doesn't think he did anything wrong.  His whole "apology" at TC was basically "if I ever did this, I would feel awful..." or "if I ever made anyone feel a certain way..."  There's no "if" about it, but Dan still hasn't taken responsibility for his icky behaviour.

2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Come sit next to me, because same. It's interesting that Missy and Aaron got the dreaded "arrogant" label, while Tommy literally said, "You write my name, you pack your bags" and "She wrote my name down, so now I'm coming for her." The one who sat in the tribal council where Elaine played her advantage and said, "If I go home, it will be the worst night of my life."

Sitting next to you guys!  I also find Tommy extremely unpleasant and entitled.

• Love 14

Karishma doesn't bother me that much, but I had to laugh when she fell out of the challenge 45 seconds in and then slouched over to the bench with the most Woe Is Me posture in the history of woe. But good for her for thwarting everyone with her idol play, and although I too wanted her to vote for Dan, I think it's likely Janet would have been gone on the revote rather than him, so it's better this way. Also we got rid of Elizabeth, which is the nice thing about having almost all the remaining players be douchebags, as the chances of being happy with whoever goes are pretty good.

So is the consensus here that Dean's double fake Legacy Advantage was meant to take the target off his back with the other players so that he'll be free to play the ha ha he thinks it's real Legacy Advantage at 6? That's probably right, but the way he was explaining it and the way he acted when Jeff said it wasn't an advantage, I think it's entirely possible that he thought he was going to fool Jeff with his fake last night and then still have the "real" Legacy Advantage to play again at 6. I mean, that's stupid AF, but so is Dean. Also, I hadn't thought he was all that weird looking until last night when he walked up to Tommy and Lauren at treemail, looking all tiny and homuncular.

Honestly, they're all dumb. Now is the time to keep your goats, not vote them out.

The jury is doing such a good collective bitchface that I wish they would go back to the individual Q&A at FTC instead of the roundtable thing they've been doing. No F3 deserves to face bitterness and acrimony more than whatever F3 we end up with this season. (Janet being the one exception.)

3 hours ago, Eolivet said:

If Tommy actually wins, with as little as he's done so far, he is the Lee DeWyze of young white guys on Survivor (for anyone who remembers American Idol, Lee DeWyze was the umpeenth white guy with a guitar, but he didn't have the talent of David Cook or the charisma of Kris Allen, it was like "yep, you're white and you play the guitar, so ... I guess the crown is yours.")

I quit watching American Idol before Lee DeWyze, but I tried to imagine what someone less talented than David Cook or less charismatic than Kris Allen would be like, and then I blacked out.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Dog show at noon!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I'm gonna disregard that slander against David Cook and Kris Allen I just saw and move on.

These people really fucking suck, man. I don't think Survivor has ever seen so many stupid assholes make up the F9 (or however many of these dicks are left).

Does everyone think they're all in an alliance? Like 7 people can't be aligned in a group of 9. At least half of you fucking idiots are not part of the alliance. What is this, Big Brother? It boggles my mind that Elaine, Dean, and Janet seem to think they're part of an alliance. Just wow. Unfortunately I think Dan is actually part of the Tommy/Lauren team that's, again unfortunately, running the game.

I really hate Dean but fucking hell his unearned pride and blatant stupidity really entertain me. I'm just aghast at how someone could be this clueless about their game!

I really want Karishma to make F3, pull out an Australian Survivor Kristy style FTC, and win. She's one of the 2, maybe 3, left that I even marginally still like but also it would just be super funny if she won this absolutely terrible season.

On the plus side, I do look forward to watching almost all these people get voted out.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, ethankoo said:

Yeah but I think they would have shown it if Lauren hesitated so I tend to believe that Rob folded too fast.  He should have offered her two names BUT she would lose her vote in the next TWO tribal if she is wrong instead of just one tribal.  That would have been more fair. 

I don't think Lauren would have taken the bet if she could only pick one.  She was thinking the whole thing pretty clearly.  With only one, she would probably have a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chance of winning.  That wouldn't be worth the risk for a 2 TC idol.   Having 2 picks made it a good bet.

I was waiting for Rob to offer to extend the idol to 3 or 4 TCs.

• Love 3

How is Elaine’s name not coming up for votes? She seems like the biggest social threat to me. Everyone seems to love her, including Jeff. Everyone says karishma will keep sliding by each vote so let’s get her out now BUT WHAT ABOUT ELAINE??  She will get votes at the final trial (not from Missy, obviously) but I seriously don’t think Karishma would get many.  Her remaining original tribe is just Karishma and Dean right? The rest were all on the purple one. How has this not even been mentioned since the merge?

I still think a woman is winning this season.  

• Love 5
On 11/28/2019 at 12:12 PM, UGAmp said:

How is Elaine’s name not coming up for votes? She seems like the biggest social threat to me. Everyone seems to love her, including Jeff. Everyone says karishma will keep sliding by each vote so let’s get her out now BUT WHAT ABOUT ELAINE??

I think Lauren and Tommy, who are the duo running the game, just don't see her as a threat in any way. We know for a fact Lauren thinks she's an idiot. And even though I do think Elaine is much smarter than she's letting on, I still think she's an idiot like the rest of them and I suspect Tommy/Lauren will be able to easily dispose of her eventually.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Eolivet said:

He's by far the most arrogant person on that tribe, and yet ... ::crickets:: because Missy ... had well-articulated plans and explained them forcefully. When Tommy literally dismissed people on his tribe who would bring him strategies and gameplans with a wave of his hand: "Oh, that doesn't work for me," "no, that doesn't work for me either," like the island had annointed him King. Sounds about white.

I'm so glad it's not just me that dislikes him! In the Missy vs Tommy tribal, I was actually hoping Missy would stay (while at the same time acknowledging the horrible things she's done with the treatment of Karishma and her part in the Kellee situation).

24 minutes ago, UGAmp said:

I still think a woman is winning this season.  

I hope you're right. From minute one, this season seemed very female-focused. Several of the first episode interviews were with women compared to male players Women were shown starting fires and actually playing hard and a man was the first to go home. I've heard several people (both here and other places) saying they think Tommy's getting a winner's edit and I'm just hoping that isn't the case. And I'm hoping he doesn't pull a Ben (what I thought was a crap social/strategic game, but kept advancing because of idols and won because of a stupid new twist -- I'm still mad on your behalf Devon and Chrissy).

I think my ideal final 3 is Janet, Elaine and Noura, but I'd be ok with Lauren as well. Karishma would be very interesting to watch. But with my luck it'll be the three unlikable guys.

• Love 3

Do you think Jeff was really surprised when they already knew it was an eat-or-play challenge? I find that hard to believe. 

I think the editors have cut out a lot of chit chat about the IOTI...

Oh no doubt. I'm 100% certain everyone now knows about Rob and Sandra. The fact that the show is still trying to pretend it's a big secret is absurd. This has been the dumbest, most pointless twist they've ever come up with.

She told Jeff she wanted to compete in the challenge to see just what she was made of and apparently she's made of 20 seconds of true grit followed by crying because she didn't win. 

Be fair, it was 45 seconds. 😉

And what was THAT with the magically appearing art supplies (it's not a pencil....)

They get art supplies when they merge and make a new tribe flag. They also get to make up their new tribe name. They rarely show this anymore. I actually think it's pretty stupid to call them a "tribe" once they merge. It makes sense when they are competing as teams, concept wise. Not after the merge though. At that point they're all just playing for themselves.

• Love 4