Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

For fooks sake, are we really to believe that Joss would not get on the phone to her father and have him bail Carly out, even if Carly told her not to. This is soooo stupid. And Drew cares more about Carly's house than what his own daughter might be going through. 

... Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who might possibly have burst out laughing when Curtis was Jackting about his legs. I think this story might be beyond his current acting abilities. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Jenxee said:

Ok so wait, is Curtis paralyzed?  Because Portia tried to walk away and he gripped her hand hard enough to pull her back.  And his fingers keep moving.

He's paralized froom the waist down, so his legs don't work but his upper body is fine.  

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

He's paralized froom the waist down, so his legs don't work but his upper body is fine.  

Unfortunately his speaking ability is fine too. And his arrogance.

The doctor said that they would have to wait to see what he could do after the inflammation from the surgery died down but nobody listened, including the neurosurgeon himself.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Between the swiftness of Sasha being sent to Ferncliffe and Curtis's doctor already stating he'll never walk it felt like I was reading a book and the middle 200 pages were skipped over.

Massive eyeroll at the new prison visiting set.  I'm just shocked someone didn't come around offering Carly and Drew coffee and a nosh.  Also, JFC with this "it's not just a house, it's a home" crap.  Carly really has zero storyline if this is what passes as drama.

• Like 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, JFC with this "it's not just a house, it's a home" crap.  Carly really has zero storyline if this is what passes as drama.

Carly was offscreen for several days. She was lifted right off and it affected none of the storylines. I think it tells you everything you need to know about our so-called lead.

The scabs' scripts start this coming week, btw.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I haven’t watched yet but are they really going to make him an alcoholic now?  Ugh. I mean, and I’m not saying this is healthy because of course it’s not, but sometimes people just drink too much. Sometimes people go on benders. That doesn’t mean they have a severe alcoholic illness. Of course if it becomes habitual it’s an issue but going out and getting hammered one night doesn’t make you an alcoholic.  It’s kind of offensive and lazy writing (per usual). Sometimes people just make the wrong choice.  But I’m still salty they made Alexis an alcoholic out of thin air 🤷‍♀️

Well I’ll give Curtis a tiny bit of grace here because if I woke up from being shot and couldn’t feel my legs, I’m pretty sure I would be freaking the fuck out. 

I know right!  I hate that about GH...someone has a few drinks, or drinks a few days in a row and it's a big alcoholic storyline.  Do these people live on planet earth?  Sometimes I get very stressed and have drinks, sometimes I even do it 2 nights in a row!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

after the inflammation from the surgery died

It's been two hours since the surgery.  That's plenty of time for swelling from bullet fragments to go down.  I mean, we have to get back to Carly and Drew at the 2045 airport lounge.  I mean, Ted Talk Drew has to give Cyrus a dirty look while Cyrus reads Where the Crawdads Sing on the new loung couch.  

48 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Sometimes I get very stressed and have drinks, sometimes I even do it 2 nights in a row!  

Yes, but do you furtively take a flask out of your pocket and add some to your coffee?  Otherwise you're doing it wrong.  

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

I know right!  I hate that about GH...someone has a few drinks, or drinks a few days in a row and it's a big alcoholic storyline.  Do these people live on planet earth?  Sometimes I get very stressed and have drinks, sometimes I even do it 2 nights in a row!  

I hear tell that some folks have several shots right after watching GH. It really helps so I hear!

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)

They're doing it wrong if they'd drinking AFTER they watch the show. They need to do it BEFORE the show so higher brain function is dulled and things make sense.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

I loved the shot of Gladys with blood literally on her hands.  She is the worst.

I actually feel bad for Esme.  Everybody hates her, but I completely believe that she doesn't remember anything and wants to be at least a semi-good person.  But I also think she wouldn''t mind stealing Spenser from trina.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes, but do you furtively take a flask out of your pocket and add some to your coffee?  Otherwise you're doing it wrong.  

Like a daytime Irish Coffee? All he needed was some whipped cream. 🥃

It is a trope "hinting" at a developing problem, and kind of a cliche. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Back from the barge for a question that has bothered me since earlier in the month.

Are there any Baldwins left in the story line anywhere?  Lee Baldwin has been gone for years and years, but Scotty managed to survive for a long time after.  I believe he is gone, so are there any Baldwins left to speak of on TFGH?

Edited by b2H
  • Useful 2

Although WE know Sasha's doctor is mustache-twirling evil, Diane certainly doesn't. It's a bit much for her to barge in, snatch things out of his hands, and proclaim that the lawyer has precedent over the doctor in the hospital (?). It was a weird scene. And while I'm not sure whether it's common or not for a doctor to record sessions with patients, she was even overly aggressive about that.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It was a weird scene. And while I'm not sure whether it's common or not for a doctor to record sessions with patients, she was even overly aggressive about that.

In Diane's defense, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Dr. Thumb was pushing Sasha to incriminate herself, that's the only reason he was recording her.

So I'm glad Diane barged in and stopped him.

Sasha looked catatonic by the end of her scenes, like she wasn't even there.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, b2H said:

Back from the barge for a question that has bothered me since earlier in the month.

Are there any Baldwins left in the story line anywhere?  Lee Baldwin has been gone for years and years, but Scotty managed to survive for a long time after.  I believe he is gone, so are there any Baldwins left to speak of on TFGH?

I think Ken is recurring so he’ll likely be back at some point. Cody has mentioned his half sister Serena on occasion, but otherwise no Baldwins in story at the moment

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wish there was a "hopeful" emoticon to respond to this! Seriously, not into strike breaking but they can't be worse. 😿

• Like 4
(edited)

I don't give a shit about Curtis or Portia.  However, I did enjoy Austin, Ava, Nina and Sonny's scenes. Gladys looked really good in her red/black outfit. And, for the love of God, please keep the gruesome twosome (Jex) off my screen. No sparks, no interest, just dull.

Edited by fishsanwitt
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
On 7/22/2023 at 3:55 AM, YaddaYadda said:

I assume the head writers have already written ahead  of the strike, indicating basically what they want (i.e, Carly begins running Kelly's, Curtis wails about his legs), and all the scabs are doing is writing daily dialogue. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
On 7/22/2023 at 6:55 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

Although WE know Sasha's doctor is mustache-twirling evil, Diane certainly doesn't. It's a bit much for her to barge in, snatch things out of his hands, and proclaim that the lawyer has precedent over the doctor in the hospital (?). It was a weird scene. And while I'm not sure whether it's common or not for a doctor to record sessions with patients, she was even overly aggressive about that.

The doctor and patient privilege would apply, so all of that was absurd.  

Carly and the house is the dumbest thing - of course, sell the house.  Why is anyone arguing about this?  Why does Drewfus care at all?  It's weird. 

• Like 2

Could Mason and his henchmen be any stupider? Of course Sonny is involved if A. you're looking into his business affairs and B. you're spying using his daughter. Someone make the stupidity stop. And give Ava back her backbone and smarts.

Speaking of stupid, why would Drew think that Cyrus would want to target Sonny at this point?

How long has it been since Carly got something of her own without it being handed to her by a man or now Bobbie?  Of course Joss finds that inspiring.

So Carly is going to get everything back not just for Joss and Donna but also Avery. Avery's just fine with Ava and Sonny.

Yuri!  My favourite part of the episode.

I loved Liz's dress.

7 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

The doctor and patient privilege would apply, so all of that was absurd.  

She's not his patient. She shouldn't be at the court-ordered assessment and even less should Sasha be his patient now.

They skipped the steps where Sasha should have appeared before a judge with Diane as her attorney there, who ordered a psych assessment done by someone who has had no history with her up to now.

This is so bad in terms of medical jurisprudence.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

FFS, Michael. It's not as if Nina is hours late. I'm surprised he wasn't looking at his watch, counting the minutes passing by. Ugh, he's such a gigantic turd. You know he's not going to find Sasha's emergency nearly good enough, since he's also a turd of a friend.

Cyrus, please do your worst on Drew. PLEASE.

Look at Finn and Elizabeth using their words. See how much easier things are when you do that?

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

How long has it been since Carly got something of her own without it being handed to her by a man or now Bobbie?

Her clubs when TB was in the role? Or did Jax/Alcazar help her there?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yuri!  My favourite part of the episode.

Was it just me or was he bringing some serious heat today.  Yuri doesn't usually do much for me, but today, in that suit, YOWZA.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Her clubs when TB was in the role? Or did Jax/Alcazar help her there?

From what I recall, Jax financed her first club as an FU to Sonny and Sonny paid for the second one after Jax forced her out of the first one. 

• Useful 3

Joss is such a buzzkill. Let your mom do what she wants, not what you want her to do.

Nina tells Michael and Willow about Sasha and Michael still can't stop being a turd. He said he'd go along with Willow's wishes to include Nina in the "bubble," but he's doing it in the most unpleasant way imaginable. I cannot fathom the appeal of this asshole. 

Drew is such an idiot, not that this comes as any sort of news flash. Even I know you don't go squealing to the warden, and I have absolutely no connection whatsoever to anyone who's been in prison or jail.

This Mason crap has gone on way too long. If we knew what the deal was it would be slightly—slightly—more interesting, but we don't. Throw us one crumb, Show.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4

Carly: I'm standing on my own two feet!

Also Carly: My mommy sold me a turnkey business for a dollar!

In other news...Terry has been dating that bodyguard guy for A YEAR?  How many scenes have they had together, three?

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

So now Nina can’t mention Willows sickness because it will upset Wiley. 

He’s such an obnoxious dock. 

I hate the scenes with Willow because they’re just building up to  turning on her yet again and treating her worse than trash. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, statsgirl said:

Trina is at the age when she should be making mistakes about men, doing it now before she's married to a loser or has his child and is tied to him forever. Portia may have an M.D. but emotionally she functions at a far lower level.

I'm glad that Sonny talked to her but that conversation confused me.  Of course Kristina got something out of wanting to be Molly's surrogate, she got the good feelings of being able to help her sister, something that would be important to her if she felt that she was the family screw-up and always the one who needs help from others.

I did like that Kristina turned down Sonny's offer to fix the permit issue for her and said that she had to do it herself. (Why doesn't she just hire an architect/construction manager?)

Weren’t you laying attention?  It’s selfish of Kristina to feel good about herself for helping her sister.  

what an awful bitch, right?

• Like 2
(edited)

So Carly’s big girl boss moment is mommy gifting her a business instead of a man she’s banging? Real growth there 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Nina needs to not give Michael the time of day.  She should have stayed with Sasha she treats her better than these 2. 

The mobster nanny would have been a good Molly.  Instead of the 40 yr old. 

Real Ava would have thrown that girl off the parapet. 

Carly won't take anything because she wants to get it on her own but she'll take the business? Bobbie was sole owner? Shouldn't it have been 50-50 with Luke?

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 8
On 7/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, ciarra said:

I like the actress.  Her age, her lack of paper white veneers.  Yeah, she's screwing Sasha over, but look at all the stuff Carly has done and yet she's still brave and strong and loves with her whole heart.  If we could got rid of characters that have run their course, they would have to air 35 minutes of a bowl of moss.

gh-jason-sonny-moss.png

Or just engage in some creativity in the writing process and do new things with these characters. Instead of retreading the same crap.

But we can’t have nice things……..

On 7/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, Mirabelle said:

I've never understood how Curtis, Private Investigator, didn't have any other avenues of obtaining those records. I obtained someone's police records a few weeks ago and instead of asking my local mobster, I went to the police's website and filled out their "Request Police Records" form and I received them a day later.  

I like to imagine Selina Wu sitting at a computer filling out a form and rolling her eyes at how Curtis is too lazy to fill out his own stupid form.

Really?  That’s funny, because I frequently ask my local mobster to obtain public records.  Isn’t that how one acquires them?

• LOL 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news...Terry has been dating that bodyguard guy for A YEAR?  How many scenes have they had together, three?

Maybe this is crass on my part, but I don't think as a society we've reached the stage of "they're just like any other couple." We deserve more scenes! I'd like to see those conversations about intimacy, and whether anyone in Yuri's inner circle was a dick about it -- anything to acknowledge the trans element of this SL. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 5

Terry and Yuri have been going out exclusively for a year and they're only now exchanging keys?

I think that I'm supposed to be impressed or scared when Mason whips out another lollipop and starts licking it but all I can think of is Cailliou.

• LOL 6

Normally I hate it when characters are allowed to just skate when they do something bad, but if Ava were to murder each and every one of these Dixie mafia (or whatever they are) yahoos, I would be perfectly willing to look the other way. It shouldn't be mathematically possible on a show that includes the Carlys, but with the addition of bitchnanny they are now the most obnoxious cohort on the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Carly to Joss: “I’ve taken so much from your dad and Sonny and I can’t do that anymore, but I’m also totally self-reliant and now my mommy is giving me this business, so yeah, I’m totally awesome!”

Joss: “yeah you are!”

How was this scene not accompanied with a laugh track?

Today was a day full of Carlys and, boy, was that painful.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly to Joss: “I’ve taken so much from your dad and Sonny and I can’t do that anymore, but I’m also totally self-reliant and now my mommy is giving me this business, so yeah, I’m totally awesome!”

No one sells Carly like Carly sells Carly. Fifty year old and still relying on the whole planet to hold her up and lift her up.

She's a waste of air and space.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

The new nanny looks like esme. Why did ava just stand there and let that woman slap her? This isn't the same ava who bashed her husband's head and shot sonny's girlfriend. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

So now Nina can’t mention Willows sickness because it will upset Wiley. 

Michael is SUCH a turd. I love it when Wiley greets Nina each time with a joyous "Grandma Nina!" and a huge smile and hug. The schadenfreude I feel for Michael there is delicious.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Bobbie was sole owner [of Kelly's]? Shouldn't it have been 50-50 with Luke?

I can see Luke handing it over to her when he left Port Charles.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Bobbie was sole owner [of Kelly's]? Shouldn't it have been 50-50 with Luke?

I can see Luke handing it over to her when he left Port Charles.

Remember, Luke* is "legally" dead (regardless of whether or not we believe it). In that case, Bobbie would become the sole owner.

* Maybe, like Cool Hand Luke, the tales of his exploits will continue long after his demise. 

Edited by rur
  • Like 2
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael is SUCH a turd. I love it when Wiley greets Nina each time with a joyous "Grandma Nina!" and a huge smile and hug. The schadenfreude I feel for Michael there is delicious.

The sour look on his face when Wiley did that was my favorite part of the scene.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

I disagree with Portia (not for the first time), I think that Curtis looking up treatments is a good sign. At least he's looking forward to doing something to get better. She should be helping him get to the sites doing research on recovery.

Isn't pasta pomodoro just pasta with tomato sauce?  What's with all the squeeing about it?

Dante, take a pulse at the neck (carotid), not at the wrist.  The wrist pulse is not that reliable.

Violet has her own phone to text? They are writing her age all over the place.

Cameron mention! is the actor coming back for summer taping?

Brook Lynn and Chase did something but I fell asleep.

15 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm already tired of Esme 2.0.

Esme 1.0 wasn't so stupid or arrogant. This woman is just a fail.

I don't think that I will ever be pro-Sonny but I like this version where he is smart and figuring things out rather than the thug who orders people to be beat up.

I'm glad  the Mason/Ava/Nik thing is finally out there.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

It’s about time that Sonny knows what’s going on with Avery and Ava. He can take care of it and keep everyone safe. And also throw that nasty Betty off of the parapet! What a despicable person!

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I disagree with Portia (not for the first time), I think that Curtis looking up treatments is a good sign. At least he's looking forward to doing something to get better. She should be helping him get to the sites doing research on recovery.

How dare he not just blindly accept he'll never walk again a whole day after surgery and not spend all his time looking at wheelchair websites.

Ugh, Portia sucks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't pasta pomodoro just pasta with tomato sauce?  What's with all the squeeing about it?

When all the ingredients are top shelf, even that simple a dish can be transformative. But Portia was laying it on thick to try to distract Curtis, when he needs time to wallow a bit and come to terms with his current condition. She's jumping the gun planning wheelchair ramps and one-level living.

What a relief that Ava came clean to Sonny. It was also a relief that he was fairly sympathetic toward her dilemma. Of course he still yelled at her because he's Sonny, but he's not wrong that Ava should have come to him sooner.

Loving Dante's permanent skepticism toward Dex.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Real Ava would have thrown that girl off the parapet. 

Word!

17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think that I'm supposed to be impressed or scared when Mason whips out another lollipop and starts licking it but all I can think of is Cailliou.

Once again, sp glad that I am the only one in the office, as I burst out laughing.  My kids are now 18 and we suffered through a lot of Caillou. 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn and Chase did something but I fell asleep.

That "contest" was so painful!  I guess this is what the future holds.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1