Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

When does Spencer care about Sonny unless it's to get something from him? He changes allegiance whenever it makes things better for him, so Spencer can shove any concern he might have.

I don’t think this is at all true. 

I hate Dex, wish more people would be rude and mocking to him at all times. I hope Trina eats crow when she finds out that Joss actually cheated on Cam with the block of wood and then made him lie about it by threatening his life. But that seems doubtful considering the way they’re writing Trina. 

I guess I’m supposed to be rooting against Spencer the way I’m supposed to be rooting against Nina or any of the non-Carlys. Even though Joss is a lying cheater who constantly inserts her unwanted opinions into others lives, and does so with an intense arrogance, I’m supposed to be mad when Spencer does it? Nah. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 5
  • Applause 13
46 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I also thought that would be a given that he would be there. I am guessing that random guy who was the good dancer was the choreographer of their routine so danced with them too .  I thought it was a nice surprise to see Yuri there.

Cris Judd (1st ex-husband of Jennifer Lopez) was the choreographer and has been for a bunch of the Nurse's Balls in the past, but he wasn't that good dancer  (the one with the long black hair).

The girl that Milo told to break a leg was actually the actor's  real life daughter.

• Useful 7
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The girl that Milo told to break a leg was actually the actor's  real life daughter.

Really? She looks too old to be his kid, but that's probably because he hasn't aged at all.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Gladys escaped during BLQ/Blaze's me too moment and the guard didn't realize that she had left until a good minute or two after

That was kind of my point. He should have been guarding the bracelet. 🙂

I don't think Gladys explained very well how Cody stole the bracelet right of her wrist. She said that he followed her, but did she take the bracelet off? Did he bump in to her? He is some amazing pick pocket artist if he can get the bracelet off of her without even getting close to her.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Blackie said:
2 hours ago, rur said:

The BJ scene made it dusty in my house too

It always does!😓

Yep.  Every. Single. Time.  

unless Victor has kidnapped a nanny as well.

Liesl.  

On 4/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, Liddy52 said:

The Carlys will all blame Nina for Liesl being kidnapped. She will in their warped view somehow be responsible for it, probably that she planned it so she could spend time with Wiley and Amelia. I know that makes no sense but it is about how irrational the Carlys are. 

Damn you beat me to it I was thinking the same thing! The witches will blame Nina 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Liesl.  

ooooh this could be fun, a boat cruise with 1 giant colic baby, I surly 20 year old, 1 late middle age woman who gives no fucks, and 1 deranged psychopath with a "plan"

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

lol, not even mentioning Archer and the Walking Dead chick Captain, eh? (Sisko then Picard, DS9 was my Trek).

This criminal lack of appreciation of Anson Mount's Captain Pike is a knife in my heart! I am literally wearing a Strange New Worlds hoodie at this moment. Best Trek since DS9, which will always be first in my heart.

Garak would have some sardonic comments about the crushing ineptitude of the spies and schemers on this show.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

Spencer made a different choice  Personally, I don't care how Spencer speaks to Dex.  Maybe Spencer should tell Trina he thinks Joss cheated on Cam with Dex, and Trina can ask her about it.  Maybe Joss's stank should be exposed so Trina can express "concerned face" towards her, instead of us constantly being subjected to Joss's concerned face towards Trina re Spencer.  

Today made it clear it was not about the drink, but his beef with his Jex and Dex being the nearest target, so it really is moot now. Regardless, Sonny would never need Spencer to worry about his safety and has asked him to butt out. If someone asks you to stop, that means stop. If you don’t, it’s not a “choice”, it’s just entitlement. 

What makes people think Trina having an explicit timeline on when Joss slept with Dex would change how she feels about Spencer starting conflicts in public for no reason? Having a valid reason to dislike somebody does not mean it’s a free for all and you lose your home training.

• Like 5

If I didn’t already hate Gladys for what she’s done to Sasha, that glittery eyeshadow would do it for me. Someone please get rid of this awful woman.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Blackie said:
13 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Liesl.  

ooooh this could be fun, a boat cruise with 1 giant colic baby, I surly 20 year old, 1 late middle age woman who gives no fucks, and 1 deranged psychopath with a "plan"

"The Love Boat, exciting and new...come aboard, we're expecting you. The Love Boat will soon be making another run. The Love Boat promises something for everyone...."  The GH version could work, LOL!

12 hours ago, Melgaypet said:
18 hours ago, Daisy said:

lol, not even mentioning Archer and the Walking Dead chick Captain, eh? (Sisko then Picard, DS9 was my Trek).

This criminal lack of appreciation of Anson Mount's Captain Pike is a knife in my heart! I am literally wearing a Strange New Worlds hoodie at this moment. Best Trek since DS9, which will always be first in my heart.

Garak would have some sardonic comments about the crushing ineptitude of the spies and schemers on this show.

Actually, I kind of gave up on the ST franchise after two episodes of Discovery, but you guys have me thinking that might have been a mistake. I have heard good things about Strange New Worlds, though. I'm such as die-hard Trekkie that I know that according to Cannon, Robert April was actually the First ST Captain, he had some kind of medical condition that required that he wear a sweater on the Bridge.

Elim Garak would devour Anna and Valentin for Lunch and then chat with Dr. Bashir about it at Quark's.

14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Cris Judd (1st ex-husband of Jennifer Lopez) was the choreographer and has been for a bunch of the Nurse's Balls in the past, but he wasn't that good dancer  (the one with the long black hair).

This year's NB was actually pretty good, talent-wise. Some of the best singing the event has seen in quite some time, IMO. A few of the actors seem to have some great pipes. Seems like WK/Eddie Maine has gone into retirement. It was time. His duet with Olivia awhile back was pretty decent, though.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, CeChase said:

Of course!  So would I

I don't view Spencer this way at all.  Sonny is his Uncle and he has always treated him as such. 

Like when he was threatening Avery? Using her toys as weapons he was really loving his Uncle then. Sonny treats Spencer better than he has deserved or earned after all Spencer did to Avery. Just to punish Ava. 

And if Spencer has such a high horse to stand on for one tequila shot because Dex is supposed to be watching Sonny then why no comment on leaving him to go change wardrobe and perform. Sonny could have been shot. Sonny could have been kidnapped, no Dex around. Spencer didn't care at all about Sonny's safety, he just wanted to talk down, belittle Dex and treat him like below him. 

Why doesn't Cody just out the truth to everyone about Gladys? Why is he covering it when she's trying to get him jailed and won't shut up about how he did it.

Lucy's dress should have ripped when she fell out that would have been Nurse's Ball memory. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm preparing for this Victor storyline to have no impact whatsoever. He'll get the necklace and find the coordinates and ... what he's looking for will be gone, and the storyline will have been pointless. As all the storylines are lately.

I've taken to reading daily recaps online instead of watching.

• Like 5

Victor's henchman gets taken out by a boa and an old man with a cane? ..It really is hard to find good help these days. 

Spencer participating in the kidnapping of Ace is gonna be hard to forgive. That is not good for the baby. 

Why the big Bobbie tribute? Is JZ retiring?

8 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Question: Kirk, Picard, Sisko, or Janeway, who's your pick?

Pike. I am loving "Strange New Worlds" and Anson Mount is the BOMB. ..But it was Picard until the series "Picard" destroyed it for me! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I havent really watched that one. (i don't really like any new trek), but i will check it out if it ever hits Netflix or something. 

to make it less Trekkie.... honestly, for someone who had weeks (at most) to live Willow is actually pretty damned active. because she was told that.... the day of Portia's wedding and it's clearly April now because of the anniversary. so like die. Willow. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, Garak!!! My all-time favorite ST character! Love him! And I would love to hear his commentary on the inept spies on this show!! 

DS9 rocked!! I’m so happy ppl have a greater appreciation for it nowadays! It’s was always the best Trek, IMO. 

I haven’t seen any of these new ST shows. That are all on platforms I’m not willing to pay for! LOL! ST should be free on some local station. 😂

—— Back to the show, did Spencer know Victor was kidnapping Ace? He didn’t, right? I remember Victor saying something to his henchman about Spencer not knowing his true plan. 

In all honesty, Esme is another character I couldn’t care less about. I FF everything to do with her so I might have missed something. 

@Daisy - Austin mentioned palliative care!!! That was months ago, and she’s still kicking. Her story has been dragged out to the point of ridiculousness!! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

—— Back to the show, did Spencer know Victor was kidnapping Ace? He didn’t, right? I remember Victor saying something to his henchman about Spencer not knowing his true plan. 

Spencer doesn't know. He told Victor that he was ready to get Ace away from Esme and he wants her to go back to prison (so he friends will get justice). He thought Victor would find strong evidence that would send Esme away.

He has no idea that huge, cute baby that is probably walking and talking down below in the Haunted Star. Hell, he just realized at the end of the show that Victor had kidnapped Spencer as well.

Speaking of which, who has been keeping the Haunted Star well stocked and functional. She is currently owned by Girl Reporter (god, I missed saying that) and she is a coma.

• Like 2

I forgot how much I liked pre-Carly Bobbie. Carly ruins everything.

It was nice to see the Haunted Star again. I've always liked that set and am actually interested in where this is going. Probably nowhere, but I'm an optimist!

So I'm behind and missed all this week except for today, but in reading the comments it seems there are suspicions about a Sonny and Carly reunion? My gosh I hope not. This is the first time in decades that Sonny has been tolerable and that's all due to CW's Nina. I actually like them together. If the Carly/Drew pairing isn't working (and it isn't because they're both boring, hypocritical and generally awful) then the solution is to push both of them into the background where they belong.

8 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Heh. I'm a big Scott Bakula fan, but Entrerprise just wasn't my jam until the last four episodes. And I haven't seen any Trek after that except Season 1 of Picard. But as far as faves go we're on the same page, Sisko first, then Jean-Luc. DS9 rules!

Agreed! In the Pale Moonlight is my favorite episode of any Trek ever, because of Sisko and Garak, my favorite character of any Trek ever. It's wonderful to see so many Trek fans here!

• Like 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

I don't think Gladys explained very well how Cody stole the bracelet right of her wrist. She said that he followed her, but did she take the bracelet off? Did he bump in to her? He is some amazing pick pocket artist if he can get the bracelet off of her without even getting close to her.

I was wondering that, too, as well as why he wouldn't just tell the truth about Gladys. Also, finding it in the pocket of a jacket that was left unattended and accessible to anyone doesn't exactly seem like rock-solid proof to me.

7 hours ago, Blackie said:

Oh, glory. That might just be the best storyline of the year. Please tell me someone's writing the fanfic. It'd be better than the show's writers' efforts, seeing as they are allergic to drama and stakes.

As to Victor's plan, what the heck is it, really? Does anyone, like, say, the writers know what it is? When he was explaining himself to Eileen, it sounds like the plan is to fix climate change, in which case... Why all the murder and mayhem? Just fix it. Trust me, the world will thank you.

6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

If I didn’t already hate Gladys for what she’s done to Sasha, that glittery eyeshadow would do it for me. Someone please get rid of this awful woman.

That makeup, especially for someone connected to Deception, a cosmetics company, was a crime.

Joss criticizing someone else for their sense of entitlement is... rich, to say the least.

When they showed Lucy's dress dragging over the felled felon's foot, I thought she was losing it there, though that didn't seem the place for the best effect. Still, it was a nice fake out. Elsewhere, who thinks Anna is gonna die? Hands, anyone?

DS9 is the best Trek ever. Truth.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

My favorite part of the whole Gladys/Cody accuasation was when he said his fingerprints wouldn't be on the necklace and she said he would have wiped them off.  Before sticking it in his own pocket?  Why would he bother?  And did she wipe her prints off, because if he wiped his, hers shouldn't be all over the place.

Also, her saying that makes it look like she knows for a fact that his prints aren' on the necklace.

• Like 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

He has no idea that huge, cute baby that is probably walking and talking down below in the Haunted Star. Hell, he just realized at the end of the show that Victor had kidnapped Spencer as well.

Cute, giant baby is gonna turn out to be the Ninja that takes Victor out. Mistah Sheffield taken out by a Shaq-sized infant. This stuff writes itself.

On a serious note, it's kind of clear why Anna and Valentin didn't advance far in the WSB (Hell, Robert only got as high as Deputy Director). Hanging out in the un-safe house, making Cow eyes at each other and complaining about Lucy while Victor pranced around town doing whatever he pleased.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I was a DS9 fan back in the day.

I guess Cody didn't want to embarrass Sasha by accusing Gladys in public, after Sasha went on and on about how great she is. I imagine he will try to give Gladys enough rope to hang herself. (If he is smart enough??)

But really, was that enough evidence to arrest him? The necklace in a pocket of a jacket that he wasn't even wearing at the time. We will see what DA Scorpio thinks of that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

If Cody's case managed to make it to trial, it'd be really easy to establish reasonable doubt. Then again, Port Charles chose a lawyer who has never practiced law to be their District Attorney.

Maybe they were impressed by how he managed to keep up his CLE requirements while being a world traveling spy.

• Like 5

But really, was that enough evidence to arrest him? The necklace in a pocket of a jacket that he wasn't even wearing at the time. We will see what DA Scorpio thinks of that.

I don't remember him being cuffed or read his rights.  So, maybe just going to the station for questioning.

54 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't remember him being cuffed or read his rights.  So, maybe just going to the station for questioning.

No, he was cuffed and read his rights by Mac.

This is the dumbest plot ever, which is impressive for this show. Gladys's story made zero sense. 

• Like 10
9 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I was wondering that, too, as well as why he wouldn't just tell the truth about Gladys. Also, finding it in the pocket of a jacket that was left unattended and accessible to anyone doesn't exactly seem like rock-solid proof to me.

Right! Why didn't Cody say that he saw Gladys gambling and she sold the garage to pay off debts? Is there some downside to that for Cody?  

Agree that the bracelet in the jacket pocket is hardly a smoking gun. Of course, PCPD and the DA's office don't follow any normal legal rules, so Cody will end up in Pentonville within the week.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Right! Why didn't Cody say that he saw Gladys gambling and she sold the garage to pay off debts? Is there some downside to that for Cody?  

Agree that the bracelet in the jacket pocket is hardly a smoking gun. Of course, PCPD and the DA's office don't follow any normal legal rules, so Cody will end up in Pentonville within the week.

I was thinking that because he works for Selena, if he tells what he knows, he'd be ratting on her.  She'd probably have him killed.  She is a mobster.  But if it's not that then I got nothing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 8
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

My favorite part of the whole Gladys/Cody accuasation was when he said his fingerprints wouldn't be on the necklace and she said he would have wiped them off.  Before sticking it in his own pocket?  Why would he bother?  And did she wipe her prints off, because if he wiped his, hers shouldn't be all over the place.

That struck me too, that unless she wiped her off as well, they would still be there. There is no way Cody can wipe his fingerprints off and still leave Gladys'.

Also, why bother to wipe your fingerprints off if you're only going to stick it in your own pocket?  I guess that the fingerprint line was Gladys being desperate but it's so stupid, it's an insult to the audience.

And Cody is going to spill the beans on Gladys being in debt to Selina as soon as he gets the chance, something he wouldn't have done if Gladys hadn't come up with her Plan. 

36 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I was thinking that because he works for Selena, if he tells what he knows, he'd be ratting on her.  She'd probably have him killed.  She is a mobster.  But if it's not that then I got nothing.

Good point. But he could hint to Sonny that Gladys' finances need looking into as Sonny is Brando's cousin and sort of looking after Sasha. But mostly he should tell Gladys that she blew it because nothing is off the table any more.

10 hours ago, Fellaway said:

My sentiments exactly.

It's interesting that there are so many people here who like DS9 because for most Trekkies, it's the red-haired stepchild. I'm thinking that it could be because we're here on the GH board because we like stories and DS9 was the ST that was about a long story line as opposed to "Wagontrain amongst the stars" like the others.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

How many usable fingerprints would be on a bracelet, especially one with so many small diamonds? 

Cody didn't blab because this way he appears noble when the truth finally comes out.  He's not a snitch, so Sasha will fall into his arms.

• Like 3

I had mixed feelings about this NB. On the one hand, it was nice to see some actual talent. (Ringer lawyer lady was awesome, and Flame/whatever her name is can really sing, too.) But if most of the talent is coming from people who are, at most, barely on the show, that takes away from the fun of seeing actual cast members get a little silly, stretch their wings, and sometimes actually surprise us with a good performance. Of course, it also cuts down on the inevitable cringe. As I said, mixed feelings.

Of course Brook Lynn only did the right thing when she witnessed harassment of Joss. I guess Bonfire isn’t helpless enough.

I wish Giant Baby had been the mystery magic wand. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Since so many have mentioned it before in thinking it would happen when Lucy showed up, and when she did expecting it, no more clothes off Lucy. A few NB ago, Lynn Herring basically put her foot down and said she was done with that gag. So, yeah, ain't happening.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 3
(edited)
On 4/7/2023 at 9:31 AM, Aymery said:

Speaking of sets, I read an interview the other day where the headwriters mentioned they'd been begging FV for a pool set forever, and it took him a while to agree due to the cost.

A pool is just what the headwriters were missing!

On 4/8/2023 at 12:31 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

If the Carly/Drew pairing isn't working (and it isn't because they're both boring, hypocritical and generally awful) then the solution is to push both of them into the background where they belong.

This was a very nice touch by TPTB.  There would never have been a 'Laura' character without a 'Bobbie' character. 

Edited by sunnyface
(edited)
On 4/7/2023 at 6:42 PM, Katy M said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't want to wear a bracelet so expensive, especially if it's not mine?

Me lol! I would happily wear it and be grateful it had a bodyguard to ensure it was safe. Just the idea of wearing something that expensive would make me feel like a princess 🤣

Actresses do it at every awards show. They borrow super expensive gems from jewelers and the gems come with bodyguards who then take it all back at the end of the evening.

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 2

LMAO Sonny has known for months about Joss/Dex and doesn’t care. Basically said that’s Carly’s problem. He was only slightly miffed that Dex kept lying about it 

• LOL 10
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

LMAO Sonny has known for months about Joss/Dex and doesn’t care. Basically said that’s Carly’s problem. He was only slightly miffed that Dex kept lying about it 

i mean. we all knew it. 
but again. what a freaking let down. why does this show constantly want to waste time with fake drama and no set up?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i mean. we all knew it. 
but again. what a freaking let down. why does this show constantly want to waste time with fake drama and no set up?

Personally, I wouldn’t have bought Sonny caring all that much about him. It was always Joss trying to make herself sound more important than she actually is with a side of giving an excuse for everyone not to find out she was a cheater since she’s spent months acting like cheating is the absolute worst thing someone could ever do.

The ones who should have cared and spoken out against are Carly and Michael but the show is too insistent on not having those 3 be angry or upset with each other. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

A good episode.

An after party? They really do think that the Nurses' Ball = the Oscars.

It makes Nina look stupid but in terms of plotting, I like that all three nefarious actions (kidnapping of Ace, Anna's shooting, kidnapping of Liesl) are happening independently rather than immediately tied together via Victor.  Four I guess with the kidnapping of Spencer.

Carly and Drew of course don't care anything about Liesl or what could have happened to her. She's only useful for parts to them.

I'm glad that the blow on the head didn't bring Esme's memory back. I like her more like this.

Also glad that Spencer is not okay with what Victor is doing.

Is that a new Charlotte?

"Robert, I wnat Victor found and I want him dead. And then I want to dig a hole and bury him with my bare hands."  I like this Valentin. And I like that Robert and Valentin are talking, the two men who care most about Anna.

Zero surprise that Trina is on the boat. Telegraphed a mile away by her not showing up. If Spencer brought her, hes stupid. If she followed him, she is.

20 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i mean. we all knew it. 

I liked it because it made Joss and Carly look very stupid with all the hysteria about what Sonny is going to do if he finds out.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5

That look Ace was giving Spencer was all: “what mess did you get me into, sucker?” 🤣 

Nina turning “dark side” was great.

Ambrose, that was super careless, dude.

Ooh, Trina - good sleuthing job?

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I liked this episode. I didn’t have to mute much - just the Mildew scenes! lol Oh, and the Esme scenes. Every time Laura goes “sweetheart” to her, I vomit. LOL! 

Here are my rambling thoughts - 

What was up with Josslyn today? She’s usually obnoxious, mouthy, rude, and annoying when it comes to Sonny, but today she appeared fearful and respectful. It was weird because this is the same girl who ran to his office to tell him she was with Dex and dared him to say anything about it!! So, why the change in attitude? She definitely didn’t keep that same energy today. Odd!

Anyway, I still love how Sonny has known for months and doesn’t care. The only reason I don’t see his reaction as another GH letdown is because I never thought he would care. Hahaha! Josslyn gave herself much more importance in Sonny’s mind than she actually holds! Also, Josslyn is not his blood daughter so he doesn’t care what she does or who she sees! 🤣🤣🤣

I do hope this also means Sonny’s knows Dex is not on the up-and-up! Fingers crossed!! 

Drew came out of nowhere didn’t he? We didn’t see him at all last week (that I saw) so seeing him randomly show up today was weird. lol Where were you last week my guy?!?! 

Nina’s FB made no sense to me. This current situation with her aunt has nothing to do with Sonny and his business. I haven’t been paying attention to this story so did I miss something? Or was the FB meant for the last scene? If it was, it wasn’t necessary IMO. She’s dating a mob boss, she should know he can make stuff happen! 

JPS sucks at crying. His “cry face” always makes me laugh. This Anna drama is lame because we know she’s not dying.

I understand Portia doesn’t want her daughter hurt but that’s life. Trina’s gonna be hurt and she will move on. The girl is 20-years old at this point! I didn’t mind the scene but it felt like filler. I wish Sprina had a scene today. 

@Daisy - She basically asked Sonny to use his mob resources to find her aunt, and to do whatever he needed. I would say she would support him torturing and/or killing someone to get the info! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

Victor! The SOB actually stole the Haunted Star!!!! First truly Cassidine thing he's ever done, other than killing one insignificant underling.

Call me loony, but I'm still hoping against hope that Luke returns by the next sweeps and teams with Robert and Laura to take Mistah Sheffield down. It would be the best way to honor GH's six decades, IMO. I wouldn't even mind if Sonny gets involved, it does seem inevitable, anyways.

Also, since Esme is probably the only soap character in history to show lasting after-effects of a bonk on the head, smart money says the amnesia is gone by next week. Really great acting by AKP today, she did a great job displaying, fear, worry and angst. But it's really time for Esme to start trusting Laura, even if it's not in her nature.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 9