Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

i'll have to catch up the last few days. but honestly..  I know she's not going to die, but it would really be such a twist if Willow did die because Lisel did go missing. 

• Like 7

Well, today was good soapy fun. Except I can't believe no one notices a huge yacht leaving the harbor. 

Doesn't Sonny control the waterfront? Aren't any of Johnny's guys wandering around witnessing stuff? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, today was good soapy fun. Except I can't believe no one notices a huge yacht leaving the harbor. 

Doesn't Sonny control the waterfront? Aren't any of Johnny's guys wandering around witnessing stuff? 

It is a huge yacht on sailing along on the Great Lakes on it's way to the Atlantic Ocean. There is only one way out. Get a helicopter or Google Earth and see if they can spot the big boat.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It is a huge yacht on sailing along on the Great Lakes on it's way to the Atlantic Ocean

See this is what makes me think that PC is on Lake Ontario because if they were on Lake Erie they would have to take the Haunted Star through all the locks of the Welland Canal, not really a fast get away.

ETA: watching the Blue Jays home opener I am reminded that the Blue Jays mascot is named Ace🐦

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

There are maritime traffic maps  that show  ships and pleasure vessels on the Great Lakes in real time and webcams in just about every port along the way. @nilyank is right, there's only one way to the Atlantic. Even the PCPD should be able to find them -- unless Victor somehow can use the PC wormhole to take them to the coast of Bolivia. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

While I like Dante remembered Alexis and her daughter's are Cassadines.  Victor won't care to take any of them.  Alexis maybe, but Sam/Molly/Kristina see low level to him.  Ace, Nikolas, and Spencers are the heirs. 

Trina wants to get off the boat? How? She should not have probably not gotten involved in first place.  

57 minutes ago, Artsda said:

While I like Dante remembered Alexis and her daughter's are Cassadines.  Victor won't care to take any of them.  Alexis maybe, but Sam/Molly/Kristina see low level to him.  Ace, Nikolas, and Spencers are the heirs. 

Dante was the only one who even mentioned them by name when listing off Cassadines. The few times the Cassadine men bring them up, they are just called Alexis’ daughters

• Love 3
On 4/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Puff fish talking about his time as a wand and offering to give Willow a private show was pretty gross. 

If we all say “evanesco” will they both just disappear?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm still not liking Robert in a relationship with Diane.

TR's performance in yesterday's episode - especially that smirk right after he heard Diane say 'Sonny' to her phone felt like the old Robert Scorpio is back.  I would prefer to watch Robert Scorpio trade barbs with Diane (preferably Tracy) than Olivia. 

I thought that CW was far and wide the winner for the NB's contest for best gown.  She has been 'sparkling' lately.  It has taken years for me not to rue the day that this 'new' character landed in Port Charles.

Edited by sunnyface
carly
  • Like 6
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

That's not entirely true. They figured in his plans originally because he wanted the whole family together, but Alexis and Sam's attitude to him made him change his mind. More trouble than they are worth which is always a great way to write Alexis out of any Cassadine storyline in any case. She should be involved in that instead of running a stupid paper and putting her nose in Gregory's business. But nope. Can't have that.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

I don't know what CW is doing, but damn.  You really can't take your eyes off of her lately.  She is looking stunning.  Sonny being drawn back to Carly won't play IMO.  It would be ridiculous. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

CW’s makeup and fashion has been very on point lately. She’s a lovely, mature woman. 

Catching up on a week's worth of episodes after being on vacation and yes, my first reaction to the NB fashion is how great CW looks.  Her makeup looks great and I appreciated the lack of sparkly after being blinded by some of the other gowns. 

Also loved Jordan's look.

More to come as I plod thru...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Why did Michael have to give Willow permission to have feelings about her situation?  So obnoxious.  And, as others have said, KM was very good in the scene where Willow broke down by herself.  Clearly sharing a scene with CD doesn't do her any favors...

Cute giant baby looks like he is almost walking.  And, before he was taken, he was sitting up on Esme's lap!  Isn't he supposed to be 4-6 weeks old or something like that?  (too lazy to go look it up)

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
15 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Why did Michael have to give Willow permission to have feelings about her situation?  So obnoxious.  And, as others have said, KM was very good in the scene where Willow broke down by herself.  Clearly sharing a scene with CD doesn't do her any favors...

Cute giant baby looks like he is almost walking.  And, before he was taken, he was sitting up on Esme's lap!  Isn't he supposed to be 4-6 weeks old or something like that?  (too lazy to go look it up)

I absolutely LOVED the way that baby was looking at Spencer on the boat.  It was a real "fool, look what you got us into!" look.  I laughed. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I agree that CW has been looking fab lately. I do wish they’d do something with her hair. If she has to keep slinging out of her face, it’s not the best cut for her.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Victor threw the tracker (or whatever) into the water, so now the boat has a cloak of invisibility.

so you are saying we need a Marauders Map

I solemnly swear we're up to no good

• LOL 3
23 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

honestly it just tells you how....not normal/healthy their relationship is. Willow's big goal in life is to always just make sure Michael is happy at the expense of showing her real feelings. this isn't the first time that Michael said something like this and it's not the first time Willow needed to be alone to actually show/have access to her feelings before she reboots and is all "Stepford Wife" to Michael. 

I haven't seen it yet - but it would have done this stupid relationship so much more favours if Willow was all being bubbly  and then just cracked down in front of Michael, saying she just can't do this anymore, and he was just there to comfort her. Show me why they are a couple without gross little comments about being a Magic Wand, or fighting with Nina ands stuf. Really missed opportunity for relationship growth.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
40 minutes ago, Daisy said:

honestly it just tells you how....not normal/healthy their relationship is. Willow's big goal in life is to always just make sure Michael is happy at the expense of showing her real feelings. this isn't the first time that Michael said something like this and it's not the first time Willow needed to be alone to actually show/have access to her feelings before she reboots and is all "Stepford Wife" to Michael. 

I haven't seen it yet - but it would have done this stupid relationship so much more favours if Willow was all being bubbly  and then just cracked down in front of Michael, saying she just can't do this anymore, and he was just there to comfort her. Show me why they are a couple without gross little comments about being a Magic Wand, or fighting with Nina ands stuf. Really missed opportunity for relationship growth.

I think that’s just how their dynamic is now so I don’t expect it to change. It does make her look pathetic but it is what it is.

Willow didn’t initially tell Michael she had cancer because she thought he deserved a happy pregnancy despite that fact that he was happy with Nelle until right up until the end while her last pregnancy involved her getting pregnant as a product of rape, running away from a cult, and having to give the baby up for adoption because it was the only way to keep the baby away from Shiloh. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Given how stoic Willow is trying to be, it kind of makes sense to have Michael tell her it's okay to show her feelings, but the writing (of course) for that is lacking nuance, as it the acting. If CD were a stronger actor—or maybe if he just thought through what Michael was saying—I think those lines could come across as less controlling than they are. But the writing has also given short shrift to why Willow feels unable to show Michael how she's really feeling. She's always having to deal with other people's emotions first.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I think that’s just how their dynamic is now so I don’t expect it to change. It does make her look pathetic but it is what it is.

Willow didn’t initially tell Michael she had cancer because she thought he deserved a happy pregnancy despite that fact that he was happy with Nelle until right up until the end while her last pregnancy involved her getting pregnant as a product of rape, running away from a cult, and having to give the baby up for adoption because it was the only way to keep the baby away from Shiloh. 

pretty much. like...  at first i was hoping Willow would wise up and realise what she was doing but it's not and it's really boring and it's bad soap.. honestly i kind of get what Michael said (because my mom says this to me sometimes, because i take a while to process my feelings) but it still made me angry (and I didn't even watch it yet LMAO). 

re: today's episode. 
I love how Spencer is so in love with Trina haha Trina is all "I have plans" and Spencer is like :D

Carly is so stupid and I hope Joss gets shot

at first I was understanding Gladys's actions because i thought her actions was fuelled by her addiction but this just seems.... wrong. and i can't even be "Meh, it's against bearded wonder" 

• Applause 7
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

And again, it's all about Michael. Nelle definitely fucked up Michael, but he ultimately got a happy ending—stupid Wiley. If anyone deserves a happy pregnancy, it's Willow. I guess she did get it—giant cute Amelia is healthy and thriving, and that was Willow's main concern. But of course, that came at a price. I wish the show would go deeper into that. If Willow dies, is she okay with leaving two children motherless when she could have done something sooner and wouldn't now be at death's door (ahem)? 

This show is so gutless when it comes to anything remotely interesting. They're always writing stories in the most shallow way.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

. If Willow dies, is she okay with leaving two children motherless when she could have done something sooner and wouldn't now be at death's door (ahem)? 

i would give so much money for this to be the big threat. Willow is dying because she was stupid and reused treatment for months. If (when) she survives that this becomes a major issue for Millowtonin. How no one is mad at her for that choice is beyond me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

FF day except Trina and Spender and some Laura.

Willow's giant baby hasn't grown as much as Esme's giant baby

Anyone else thought Laura was going to say the Cassadines had a compound on the coast of Bolivia? Just me? 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Of course Joss is upset that Sonny couldn't care less that she and Dex are together. It takes away one more reason to hate Sonny.

Willow should be able to vent to Michael. And vice versa. Which goes back to the show ignoring Willow not telling anyone she was sick when she was in the early stages. And making it about Michael, not Willow.

LOVED the flashback of Laura. Much more of that, please. I also like that it's Laura finally starting to put all of the pieces together. 

16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Anyone else thought Laura was going to say the Cassadines had a compound on the coast of Bolivia? Just me? 😆

LOL, same!

• Like 5
  • Love 5

My mistake in being optimistic about the show because today was just full of Carlys. And even more of Willow going "Poor Michael".

SHUT UP CURTIS. Stop infantalizing the women in your life  Portia is at work, chief of internal medicine. And Valentin is right, the doctors shouldn't been reporting regularly to the people waiting, one of whom is probably Anna's medical PoA since Robin lives too far away.

Curtis, maybe don't tell Portia that hr daughter is missing when you have no evidence suggesting it. You're not a cop.

What kind of text app does Port Charles have? When I text message, it goes to the other phone even if it is turned off. When I use WhatsApp, I can see if it was picked up but not with regular text messages.

Joss: "Thank goodness Dex saved Sonny's life." What about the months before when that Sonny knew and didn't do anything?

Also Joss: "We finally get a donor.." We, white man? Seems to me you didn't do a damn thing to help.

Laura, try the WSB to get into the compound in Venezuela.

I felt for Valentin negotiating with God for Anna to survive. That's what my mother did every time my father was sick.

I was expecting Anna to wake up at the end. Good direction that she didn't.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

So, the PCPD are completely stumped in how to find Victor and the Haunted Star.

You would think this was the early 19th century and not 21st century with all of high tech equipment like cameras, video, and about a million people with cellphones always taking selfies. 

The Haunted Star is going to eventually head to the Atlantic Ocean. There is only one direction for that to happen. Victor is not waving a big magic wand and making themselves instantly appear in South America. They should have had an idea where he was last night.

Thanks to Laura, we were reminded that the HS was previously called Titan. No wonder Ace feels so comfortable there.

I went looking for a picture of the HS/Titan and found a video which I added in the history lesson topic. I guess that was the best they could do with 80s GH budget but the HS should be much, much bigger and fancier.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So, the PCPD are completely stumped in how to find Victor and the Haunted Star.

You would think this was the early 19th century and not 21st century with all of high tech equipment like cameras, video, and about a million people with cellphones always taking selfies. 

The Haunted Star is going to eventually head to the Atlantic Ocean. There is only one direction for that to happen. Victor is not waving a big magic wand and making themselves instantly appear in South America. They should have had an idea where he was last night.

Not to mention that both the US and Canadian coasts are patrolled by law enforcement and there are cargo ships and private boats everywhere. And, of course, there are planes going in and out of airports, flying low enough to see a yacht.  Did anyone think to notify other law enforcement agencies and the press about the Haunted Star?  Moreover, it the HS is going south in the Atlantic towards Venezuela, it has to pass at least two major naval bases plus all the US Coast Guard stations.  Once again, the writers need to look at a map.

Edited by WorldTV
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Val is a really ugly crier lol

I just don't think he can cry on screen at all. ducking tomatoes

JPS has always, IMO, sucked at crying. It looks forced, fake, and bad! My sister and I laugh when he cries b/c it just doesn't look real. I hate his "cry face." He can't produce actual tears so he scrunches up his face in an attempt to appear sad . . . it just doesn't work. LOL! 

Anyway, I really enjoyed the Sprina scenes today. They are making this arc itneresting for me! I also loved Spencer calling her baby. It felt very natural. 

Curtis is an ass. Oh, so Portia's your wife when she's getting yelled at at her job. Man, I wish Valentin had continued yelling at her. She's a doctor and deals w/the public. I'm sure she's been yelled at before. 

Willow, poor, stupid Willow -- well, I guess it finally had to dawn on her that she's dying! Now, she's trying to rush the marriage she should have had weeks ago. The pacing on this story is awful. Willow should die tomorrow but we know she'll last until she can get her donation from Liesl. 

Does anyone have any idea why this Willow story is dragging out the way it is? Is it entertaining to anyone? I don't understand why they won't just heal her and move on! We all know she's not dying so it's not a mystery or suspenseful. Just heal her already and be done w/it! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I wish Valentin had continued yelling at her. She's a doctor and deals w/the public. I'm sure she's been yelled at before. 

Except it wasn't her place to tell him what was going on with Anna. I wanted Portia to tell Valentin to shove it and wait for someone authorized to talk to him. (Curtis is an ass, definitely.)

5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Does anyone have any idea why this Willow story is dragging out the way it is?

You mean you don't find this entire story incredibly dramatic?! What I thought was so stupid was the "cliffhanger" of Michael asking what Willow had to talk to him about, as if moving the wedding date again was some cataclysmic event. No one cares about the wedding except the family.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
21 hours ago, rur said:

There are maritime traffic maps  that show  ships and pleasure vessels on the Great Lakes in real time and webcams in just about every port along the way. @nilyank is right, there's only one way to the Atlantic. Even the PCPD should be able to find them -- unless Victor somehow can use the PC wormhole to take them to the coast of Bolivia. 

He is sailing it to the Pennsylvania side of the river, all the way to the Pennsylvania beach (that we know exists if we saw AMC) then down the Delaware to the ocean and beyond. 

20 hours ago, Artsda said:

Trina wants to get off the boat? How? She should not have probably not gotten involved in first place.  

Were they doing to swim?  In those outfits?  LOL. 

• LOL 5

How come willow doesn't have a  announcement out in crimson or the newspaper looking for a bone marrow donor?

Why not test more people in port charles?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

This Victor story is clearly shaping up to be an umbrella storyline that will likely involve most of the cast in one way or another. I look forward to see how it goes and how well the vets are used

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Except it wasn't her place to tell him what was going on with Anna. I wanted Portia to tell Valentin to shove it and wait for someone authorized to talk to him. (Curtis is an ass, definitely.)

You mean like Nurse Deanna?

Back to the Haunted Star. I am sure it takes a lot of fuel to sail out of Port Charles let alone to South America. Is Victor going to stop to refuel? As I use my buddy Google, big boats can hold about 100000 gallons of fuel. So no one found it odd that a ship that has been a night club on and off for the past decade was getting all this fuel even thought it had not been out of the docks in years? Isn't docked at Sonny's favorite dock?

I know Spencer is way taller/bigger than Trina, but if Victor provided him clothing for this kidnapping, there must be some tshirt/short combo of his that she could wear. Or maybe when Spencer is allowed to see Ace, he could swipe some of his brother's clothing for Trina.

• LOL 9

I'm old enough to be Spencer and Trina's grandmother, but I just love their little love story and if I was younger, I'd have a crush on Spencer (well, maybe I actually do; is that wrong?). He just lights up when Trina is around. This young actor is so good, I'm afraid some hotshot producer will steal him away for the big time, which would be good for him, but I'd miss his Spencer.

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Pretty sure the Haunted Star doesn’t have a magical cloaking device so it can’t be seen by a plane or helicopter or radar. However I am enjoying Spencer and Trina. Can’t wait for Liesl tomorrow.

Laura, you actually can go to the police and tell them about the Cassidine compound in Venezuela.  Not that they are competent to do anything with that info.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Haven't seen today.  I thought they were sailing to Greece.  On one tank of gas.

58 minutes ago, ljr said:

How come willow doesn't have a  announcement out in crimson or the newspaper looking for a bone marrow donor?

Nina mentioned it (Feb. 28th episode), but I don't think they followed through.

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2023/general-hospital-recap-tuesday-february-28-dante-breaks-in-closet-obrecht-reveals-bone-marrow-donor/

• Thanks 1

Amazing how quickly you can catch up when so many scenes are repetitive or you just don't care (Cody scenes, NB performances, Joss/Portia, BLQ/Chase/Link/Blaze).  So, yeah, some good things at the NB--I loved how enthusiastic Oma Liesl was with Georgie and James and the magic performance and...oh, I guess that's it.  Seriously, I was rolling MY eyes when Carly and Olivia had the balls to look annoyed at Nina's introduction of G/J/L's act and mentioning she's co-owner of the hotel.  I guess it was fine when Carly gave a long-winded speech about Bobbie, though.  Shut up, Carly.  I did like a lot of the Bobbie flashbacks, though--or at least the "not Barbara Jean's heart" scene that to this day never fails to get me, and the Liz/rape scene.  Though Bobbie can shove it with her "homage" to Lucy that basically shit-talked her.  Who gives that kind of speech?

Also thoroughly enjoyed the Sprina scenes the last couple days.  Those two have great chemistry.  Continue to have absolutely no use for "all roads lead to me" Joss and Millow are as interesting as studying a blank wall (can she either die or get cured already?).  I did laugh at Sonny's "a feather boa?" line after he conked out Lucy's would-be killer and thought AP was great in her scenes after the cute Giant Baby was kidnapped--though that seems to be a right of passage for all GH babies (watch out, Amelia!) and wondered why Yuri was at the NB but the show couldn't be bothered with having Terry there.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

You mean you don't find this entire story incredibly dramatic?! What I thought was so stupid was the "cliffhanger" of Michael asking what Willow had to talk to him about, as if moving the wedding date again was some cataclysmic event. No one cares about the wedding except the family.

Why is this wedding talk even a thing. You’d think Michael’s dumbass would be trying to find Dr. O since it’s Willow’s only hope and not wasting time planning the deathbed wedding 

• Applause 4

Too much of the Carlys today. Those asshats ruin any momentum the show gains because we have to sit through Banshee Carlys demanding Dante answers their questions, then we have to sit through the scenes of Martyr Carly, sitting there talking about getting married, making Puff Fish Carly happy, because martyr Carly is just an extension of Puff Fish Carly. It's too effin' much for one episode. Sasha is a much better friend than what Martyr Carly deserves. 

Anguished face Valentin does not work on any level. 

Did Cody get Sam there to just post his bail? Did he tell her anything at all? I did not get those scenes. Those scenes were a waste of time. Meanwhile we have Gladys giving false statements to the cops. Because Gladys can always sink lower. Except she'll get hers eventually unlike some characters who shall remain nameless.

STFU, Curtis! How territorial of you, big guy! Now Portia is your wife? She's not helpless, she can handle a scenery chewer like Valentin as he snots his way through his scenes. Someone give the man a tissue to wipe his nose!

Curtis is the worst! I'm assuming that we won't get a whiff of Taggert while his daughter is missing. We will have Curtis clutching at his pearls, comforting Portia, and barking orders at Jordan.

I'm trying to make sense of this plan Trina and Spencer's plan. I also wasn't paying attention because I'm not into these teenager romances. I'm glad they're giving two capable young actors this sort of storyline while Joss is still fretting over Sonny knowing about Dex and not being angry except for Dex's lies. Girlfriend is apparently shook that Sonny doesn't give a rat's ass who she's banging. She's impressively stupid.

Victor is also dumb. Tell him what he needs to hear and he'll be a happy camper. His ass is going to be outsmarted by a couple of 20 year olds.

Neat flashback of young Laura. So the Haunted Star may be headed to Venezuela? At least they didn't pick a landlocked country this time around. Congrats on looking at a map, writers!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

So Victor stocked clothes for Spencer including Air force ones? Why doesn't Trina change? Is she wearing the heels too? 

Anna's daughter not flying down yet is silly. At least make up a story about a storm and can't fly.

Where's Mac in all this, haven't seen him since arresting his son. 

Can't stand Gladys she should be slapped for today. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ljr said:

Why not test more people in port charles?

because that requires actually doing work, vs. being boohoo, i am dying. alas. 
Nina did one, but like i said the moment that they found out - they should have been blasting the newspapers etc for bone marrow drives etc. 

• Like 5