Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, that look between Spencer and Trina in yesterday's episode has me rooting for them, yet again.

I just wish Trina wasn't the spare. And I won't enjoy however Esmé decides to take revenge should Spencer dump her for Trina.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

* I will never believe that Trina and Cameron had only sibling feelings for each other rather than yet another plot of 'Corinthos child wins all'.

I liked the idea of Cam and Trina but they had one of the worst first kisses I’ve seen on soaps. Just pure awkwardness. And then I saw her with Spencer and to me you can’t compare the chemistry. 

32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And talk shit about him to anyone who would listen and demand her other friends shun him.  

Also, that look between Spencer and Trina in yesterday's episode has me rooting for them, yet again.

Yeah I’m a sucker. They’ve got a chemistry that makes me overlook some of the dumber parts of the storyline.

Cam and Joss are incredibly boring but if they actually let Cam/Esme happen (and those two have organic sparks) the fallout would be amazing. Joss would lose her mind and while I have no faith that the show would let Cam even defend himself, maybe Esme would be allowed to say all the things. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

I liked the idea of Cam and Trina but they had one of the worst first kisses I’ve seen on soaps. Just pure awkwardness. And then I saw her with Spencer and to me you can’t compare the chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This is where I'm at with Trina and Cam.  I liked them and then they kissed.  I still wanted to like them but that was too awkward.  And I'm a sucker for chemistry.  So I'm totally on board with Spencer and Trina.

Unlike most on this board, I like Joss and Cam and Joss together.  But I wasn't committed to them and would have been happy with Cam and Trina if it had worked.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

they had one of the worst first kisses I’ve seen on soaps. Just pure awkwardness.

I wonder how real the awkwardness was. It was an epically bad first kiss.

Spinelli, WHAT? His appearance is out of nowhere.

The height difference (it's six inches, yikes) between DZ and WR is unfortunate when Dante is supposed to be the Force of the Law. It's a good thing he's a good enough actor to overcome that.

• Love 6

Today's Show

Oh yay. It's Sonny. Who talks to Britt at Charlie's. It's hilarious how people are like "Thank you for not blurting my medical business." anyway. Drew walks in and they look at each other.

"Sonny."  "Drew". staredown. Phyllis pulls him away. And they talk about Nina. Sonny infodumps his stupidity about his meds and Nina staying over. LOL Phyllis has the best "oh my effing god" face. and Sonny blurts NOTHING HAPPENED. Phyllis goes. "So did you tell Carly everything?" Sonny has a oh poop face. Sonny says he didn't want to tell Carly, because he's sick. Phyllis is like dude tell carly the truth. 

Britt and Drew talk. They look fetch. Britt goes "What did you do to piss off Sonny?" Drew goes. "I'm not my brother." Britt gets infodumped about the fight. and Drew is like "well I am no Jason." (thank God). Britt goes. No but you are Drew.. anyway. Britt is waiting for Lisel and the matchmaker. they chuckle with glee about Lisel being a matchmaker. Britt goes there is no one to a claim to your heart. Drew has a ahuh face. Britt goes. "or DO YOU?" They talk about Sam/Drew. Sonny buys Drew a drink. they nod. 

Drew walks to Sonny. Sonny goes "are you gonna throw this in my face?" Drew goes "I thought about it." Drew accepts his apology. (oh COME ON. Drew. You were the chosen one.) they talk about Oscar and Jason. 

Phyllis and Britt talk about Nina

Mistah Sheffield and Esme are chatting. lmao Laura walks  and goes "esme you don't mind if I talk to you Mistah Sheffield thank you honey." (such a dismissal), and wants to know what the hell is going on. Mistah Sheffield and Laura verbal spar about Spencer. Nik shows up and goes "you better listen to my mother." Mistah Sheffield goes "well I'm leaving because I don't wanna cause a scene." Everyone is sus.  Mistah Sheffield takes a phone call and says "call me when the package arrives.

Nik is like do you think i can forget everything that happened with help with his FRIENDSpointed look at Esme. Esme rolls her eyes and goes, "I apologized, I should have reigned in Spencer." Laura and Kevin goes this isn't the time for this. We need to pull together for Spencer.  Esme goes "yeah if only spencer is here." And sashays Ava with a big poopeating grin "Oh! Don't worry, Esme. Spencer is in great hands. He's at the gallery. With Trina." Esme's brains explode as i cackle. Esme goes "oh don't worry. I'll let Trina know how much her friends care about her, and then I'll give Spence a proper send off."Kevin goes. maybe we should all go.. Nik whines how Spencer doesn't want him. Laura basically goes. "be a good father so Spencer doesn't lean on Mistah Sheffield."

Laura is trying to suss out Mistah Sheffield's plans and his Peter connection. Ava points out that they are enemies and but Laura goes. only because Peter turned on him. But what if Peter has something for Mistah Sheffield?

Austin OMGs. He doesn't say anything. He very quickly plays dodge tag when Maxie says "what's up." and goes. I'm finally starting to see.... How this is so very important to you Peter being locked up. Maxie goes yeah. everything hinges on Peter being in jail. Austin goes. Wouldn't it make Maxie feel better, Anna if you see Peter go to jail. Anna gives Austin a look and asks if he's trying  to get rid of her? Anna and Maxie hugs and Anna splits. 

Maxie chirps "so about our kiss?" Austin goes. "yeah i thought you'd kiss me because I'm awesome and attractive and not about distracting me." Maxie bluffs and goes. "oh yeah?" Austin goes I know what happened. Austin spills all the tea. Maxie finally admits it and goes now you know so you can understand... and Austin goes. "yeah no. NO i don't understand why you'd do a thing like that."

Maxie is like what do you mean you don't understand? Austin is like this is crazy. Maxie screams I didn't have a choice. Austin goes you HAD a choice wtf you trusted BLQ?!  Austin goes how did Chase figure in? Maxie goes. well Gladys blabbed and then - Austin cuts her off and goes "And he lied. another lie." Maxie closes down and goes "I can live with the decisions i've made. if you can't see that, then whatever." Maxie walks away but Austin calls her back..He says he gets it. just hurt that Maxie didn't trust him. But he gets it. and thinks Maxie is brave. Maxie goes I should have told you the truth. Austin goes really? haha Maxie goes. PICK A LANE BUDDY. Anyway Austin goes I do understand, I was a stranger. Maxie. goes. "but you aren't anymore."

LINDSAY HARTLEY! HIYA! ... Spinelli. not so yay. Sam is worried about something. Spinelli goes About what? Sam goes her. Sam blathers how Dante and she likes the same pizza toppings and movies. Spinelli is like can i throw out a theory. Sam goes That's why i'm here. Spinelli goes. well Dante has a dangerous profession and So did Jason. (oh for god sakes are you going to compare Dante to a murderer show?). but then goes that's why you left Jason, because you want someone safe like Drew. Wait. WHAT?! like how is this a thing all of a sudden. this is the second day in a row people are pushing this drew angle. anyway. nothing is happening here. so skip. 

Mac!! Felicia! They share a cute moment (about being out of uniform). Felicia wants to see Peter on his way to jail.  Mac goes no i can't let that happen. Felicia "just so i can see him taken away." Mac goes okay I can do that. And Felicia goes and CALL me when he's processed.  so I can tell maxie this is over."

Peter says his cuffs are too tight and Dante goes if you don't like shackles don't do the crime. Dante says well say your final goodbyes. Peter mugs "I don't like goodbyes. What about "Till we meet again?" Dante has NO time for Peter and basically goes." you've caused so much damage to people i love and if it weren't for my badge, I'd end you." Peter goes. "hahaha but you are. and you are Sonny's kid. so you're going to uphold the law." DZ channels MB's crazy eyes and goes "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MEEEEEEEE."

Dante goes "I want you live a lonnnnng life in jail wondering if someone is gonna kill you. And we all forgot about you." Peter goes. "I know for certain no one herraahhh will forget about meeeeee."

Anna shows up and they giggle about Maxie and Austin. Peter is all. HEYA ANNA! So nice to see Family. Anna is like we are all here to see you thrown in Jail. Peter goes "give my love to maxie." Felicia is like why? you don't know the meaning of that word." Peter is like nah it's good. I"ll tell her myself. Peter has a campy grin when the elevator door closes.

Spencer and Trina spar. Trina is hostile to Spencer. Spencer takes it and goes there is so much to say before i go away. Trina goes if I wanted to talk to you I wouldn't have ignored your calls. Spencer goes. okay. I just wanted to apologize. Trina spews venom about Esme. Spencer goes I'm not defending her. But explains why Esme is important to him. Trina goes Oh please. of course you matter you don't need Esme to tell you that. Trina reems him out that they all care because they see him as amazing but they are disappointed in him because he's a dumbo. Spencer chuckles at that and they basically go. "We all can't be Trina." "Well there's only one Spencer." Spencer laughs and goes that's a good thing. Trina goes don't you have to say goodbye to your family? Shoo. Spencer goes "yeah but Kevin said i should say goodbye to the people who matter to me and that's what I'm doing." They hold hands. Trina eyes widen. spencer and she lean in and ESME sees this with BUG EYES. She calls out SPENCER and they break apart before touchdown. Esme and Trina spar about the cabin. Laura shows up and goes we need to go. Spencer says okay I've said bye to everyone that matters. Nik goes. Not everyone. 

Peter and Dante are bickering in the police van. Apparently there are icy conditions ahead of course there is. Dante asks Dante if they are going to help. Peter has campy smug face going on. Peter goes. "What time is it?" Dante goes why? There's a car accident. because of course there is.  

----

Lisel doesn't show up. Britt and Drew crack up that Lisel is Swiss and German how is that possible? They talk about Sam and what Sam wants. Britt goes what do you want?

Sam is torn between Dante and Drew. sure. Whatever, show.

Nik goes you aren't alone. Esme goes. "Spence, Nik is trying." Spencer goes. thanks. We can. um... " NIk goes. Yes I hope so. Spencer turns to Trina with a big grin and goes. "See you in a month?" Trina grins "Not if I don't see you first." Esme kisses him and goes "I'm interning so I won't be far away.". They leave and Esme cuts daggers at Trina 

Mistah Sheffield realizes the package has arrived.

Felicia is like. Peter is going to be put away for life. Let's celebrate. 

Austin and Maxie kiss.

They realize the tires are all sabotaged on the police transport car, someone pulls up and Dante and Mac have their guns drawn.

show ends.

• Love 10

Wow! Ava is rocking that black suit and boots. I know the ruffle trim is a lot, but she can carry it off. And that gorgeous brooch I'd die for. add simple hoop earrings and bam! I love her hair that way too with soft waves. And MW is almost 50! My hero! 

Also her makeup is great  - sometimes they make it too harsh. Maybe depending on the scene.

But it does feel like someone else is doing hair and makeup lately  - much better.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, seasons said:

And then there is poor Laura all frumpy and matronly. Again.

Laura didn't look frumpy... i thought she looked very lovely in her sparkly white outfit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ooh! My heart is racing - that chemistry between Spencer and Trina is both sweet and hot. And I hate to say hot because to me they are still so young! But that chemistry comes right through my screen. Both young people are such fantastic actors. The way he looked at her was so adorable and sincere. Even when he said goodbye to her in front of everyone. Show should play this right and they could become A soap super couple! 

• Love 12

Dante and Mac are transporting a dangerous criminal who by all accounts should be strapped and muzzled like he is Hannibal Lecter, but neither is wearing a bullet proof vest and then instead of taking cover, they are standing right in the headlights of the incoming vehicle. FFS.

Drew is too easy. I'm sure he had an inkling that Sonny was off his meds, but I would have tossed the bourbon in Sonny's face and told him where to go. I see that his ass is back on the bridge with Carly tomorrow. What better way to end the week than to go back to the goddamn bridge.

It would be wonderful if Victor killed the package, but Victor is as dumb as a bag of rocks when it comes to the package. Everyone becomes indefensibly stupid thanks to Peter. GO AWAY! You've overstayed your welcome two months in.

Ava gleefully telling Esme that Spencer was in good hands with Trina was pretty funny. And that kiss that made everyone in the gallery roll their eyes. Girl, nobody likes you. Walk away before you end six feet under. The longer this goes on, the more plausible Nelle v2.0 ends up dead.

• Love 6

I had to laugh at Sonny's peevish "Nothing happened!" when he told Phyllis that Nina stayed with him all night. Phyllis isn't completely stupid. She knows Sonny isn't exactly Mr. Discriminating .

What does Sonny's brain chemistry have to do with how he's been acting? It's not as if being on his meds would have made him more understanding about what Carly wanted.

Maxie, how much longer are you going to keep the Louise lie going? At least she copped to it with Austin.

Tampered-with tires? Lame. If this show actually wanted to be a soap, the car that ran off the icy road would have been Laura taking Spencer to baby jail so Max would have had to stop then, and Peter could escape that way. Or take Spencer hostage or something more interesting than a dumb single-car crash. Peter would double-cross Victor to boot.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Daisy said:

"Sonny."  "Drew". staredown. Phyllis pulls him away. And they talk about Nina. Sonny infodumps his stupidity about his meds 

A couple weeks ago we all saw Sonny get a message about renewing his prescription, ignoring it, and then throwing something because he was mad. Today, he told Phyllis he forgot to renew his medication. So was that lazy writing, or MB flubbing his lines? I can't believe that it was written as characterization to show Sonny even lies to himself.

• Love 2

Sam emoted today. Makes sense though since a different actress was playing her.

Drew and Sam 2.0? Lame.  But good for Dante because he will be free of her boring self.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, seasons said:

But it does feel like someone else is doing hair and makeup lately  - much better

Yep, I posted about this the other day.  Maxie especially is looking worlds better than she has in forever.

Ooh, finally some scenes with Drew and Britt.  Since it seems show is all in with Maxie and Austin, I wouldn’t mind this pairing.

I like Lindsey Hartley.  Didn’t she sub for someone else on GH at some point?

I knew the Peter transport wasn’t going to happen so the entire episode I was like can we just get on with it, how is he going to get out of this one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I like Lindsey Hartley.  Didn’t she sub for someone else on GH at some point?

for KM last time

17 minutes ago, rur said:

A couple weeks ago we all saw Sonny get a message about renewing his prescription, ignoring it, and then throwing something because he was mad. Today, he told Phyllis he forgot to renew his medication. So was that lazy writing, or MB flubbing his lines? I can't believe that it was written as characterization to show Sonny even lies to himself.

maybe a bit of both?

• Useful 2

That almost kiss between Spencer and Trina was something else. Was hotter than any sex scene on the show in recent years.

That Esme is wearing her same white sneakers with that dress is cracking me up. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Sam blathers how Dante and she likes the same pizza toppings and movies.

In a month she'll be complaining that Dante made her eat pepperoni on her pizza and watch action movies.  #OppressiveItalianFood

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Of course Sonny would say that he forgot to renew his meds. That takes the blame off of him.

My head almost exploded when Spinelli compared Jason's hitman life to Dante being a cop. Hmmm, other than being less dangerous, what could the difference be?🤔

I'd much rather see Drew with Britt than either Carly or Sam, although it really sucks that the only women available for Drew would prefer to be with Jason.

Whoever was directing, that shot of Peter's head as the elevator closed was wonderful. I could almost see horns poking out of the curly hair.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Oh yay. It's Sonny. Who talks to Britt at Charlie's. It's hilarious how people are like "Thank you for not blurting my medical business."

To be fair, he's used to Epiphany and Bobbie who never met a medical secret they wouldn't pass on to friends.

• Love 6

I'm so confused. I'm sure I remember Sam dumping Drew for Jason. But clearly I'm wrong if she is torn between Drew and Dante.  I mean, the writers could never forget something that was a big storyline only two years ago, right?

Also, I'm not sure how the death of Jason, Sonny's BFF, is comparable to the death of Oscar - Drew's SON.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My head almost exploded when Spinelli compared Jason's hitman life to Dante being a cop. Hmmm, other than being less dangerous, what could the difference be?

I was thinking, "Being a cop, especially in Port Charles, is probably as dangerous as being a hitman." Sam has a type, which is why it didn't work with Drew. And she seems to have completely forgotten that he made her wear the hated Skirts of Oppression.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Tampered-with tires? Lame

The guy driving the transport van was UCG. Did EVERYTHING you should NOT when driving in icy conditions.

Spencer was looking mighty hot when he arrived at the gallery.  Sprina all the way!!!

Sub-Sam was so not Sam, why even bother with that stupid scene. (nothing to do with the fill in actress, she just doesn't work as boring ass Sam. If they want to permanently replace Sam with this actor and give Sam a personality, I am all for it)

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 8

Sorry Kelly Monaco, buy I wish GH kept Lindsay as Sam. Ita refreshing to see Sam with emotional range again and not just boredom and a slight grin from time to time. Shit, she made me enjoy a Spinelli scene today.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

In a month she'll be complaining that Dante made her eat pepperoni on her pizza and watch action movies.  #OppressiveItalianFood

The way they're writing this new version of Drew and Sam is how they wrote Sam and Jason when Steve returned in 2017.  Dante and Sam? It's not even a blip on the writer's radar currently. 

I agree she'll start complaining about how Dante makes her do certain things the same way she did about Drew a few years ago.

Sam just absolutely sucks.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

I liked Laura pretty much telling Esme to go away the adults are talking.. 

I can take or leave Sprina they have chemistry but the writing sucks. I also want it to be more mutual in that Spencer has to pine for Trina a bit. 

I wonder if LH's Sam will run into Portia...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Tampered-with tires? Lame. If this show actually wanted to be a soap, the car that ran off the icy road would have been Laura taking Spencer to baby jail so Max would have had to stop then, and Peter could escape that way. Or take Spencer hostage or something more interesting than a dumb single-car crash. Peter would double-cross Victor to boot.

You’re making me think that Laura and Spencer will be involved in all this and Spence will be so heroic he won’t have to go jail.

Poor Valentin still in the trunk...

I miss Scotty and Liesl.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Spencer has to pine for Trina a bit

It would crack me up if he told Trina he actually wants to be with her, but he's afraid if he breaks up with Esmé she'll kill him. And then we cut to Esmé perusing the dark web for untraceable poisons, "just in case."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would crack me up if he told Trina he actually wants to be with her, but he's afraid if he breaks up with Esmé she'll kill him. And then we cut to Esmé perusing the dark web for untraceable poisons, "just in case."

This has to be the way the story goes. He figures out her connection to Ryan while he’s in there, and then has to keep dating her because she might kill him otherwise. Otherwise why send him to Springridge at  all? It’s about time we find out Esme’s past. 

• Love 6

Oy, this show sometimes. Britt chatting with Drew, who spent two years  presumed dead and being held in a Greek prison being brainwashed and beaten, "Cut Sonny some slack." After Sonny spent a few months presumed dead while tending bar and dating an heiress.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Hey, a Britt/Drew chat!  They had a cute enough energy together, and I'm glad there was very little blubbering about Jason.  I do wish Cameron Mathison would grow out some scruff, that was a better look for him.

And hey, Lindsay Hartley!  What a shame to waste her and her energy and her pretty hair on stupid Spinelli.

I found it weird Britt described her relationship with Nina to Phyllis in all these winding circles and tangents instead of just saying they're cousins.

• Love 3

Britt is sparkly with all the mens. Maybe they can shift her to Dante and let the playful, sexy side of him that he had with JB's Lulu come back out. 

Jesus God Anna, you had ONE JOB!! She knows damn well 90% of prisoners being transferred to Pentonville never make it there. It's unconscionable. Put him in a helicopter, or have a convoy, or, I don't know, make the trip when it's daylight. Oh no, we'll take one van at night when the roads are icy! Cool.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, Lindsay Hartley!  What a shame to waste her and her energy and her pretty hair on stupid Spinelli.

A test pattern is wasted on Spinelli (why are you still on my screen?!?), but yes, LH actually made me warm to Sam today.  She had real emotion behind her lines, unlike Monotone Monaco.

1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I really love Ava's style.

She always looks fantastic.  Best hair since OG Kate's world-saving bob.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I love LH's Sam. I want her to stay, she actually emotes and has different tones. 

Same! Wow, I can't believe how much I like her. I cared more about Sam in this episode than I have in, well, ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, racked said:

This has to be the way the story goes. He figures out her connection to Ryan while he’s in there, and then has to keep dating her because she might kill him otherwise. Otherwise why send him to Springridge at  all? It’s about time we find out Esme’s past. 

I think he'll be afraid she'll kill Trina.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Is there going to be any fallout for Selena Wu failing to kill Peter? I forget what Sonny promised ( not messing with Brad, I think) but it would seem that Sonny should be mad about a botched hit he ordered, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but mob stuff would be a welcome break from the Sonny/ Carly marriage woes round umpty-eleven. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Is there going to be any fallout for Selena Wu failing to kill Peter? I forget what Sonny promised ( not messing with Brad, I think) but it would seem that Sonny should be mad about a botched hit he ordered, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but mob stuff would be a welcome break from the Sonny/ Carly marriage woes round umpty-eleven. 

I was really feeling sorry for Phyllis stuck with that sadsack Sonny sitting across from her with his face in his hands.  Between him and then Nina whining about whether Sonny should be a bone/nobone she needs a night out on the town. 

13 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

COULD PETER JUST DIE ALREADY????????????????????

I really love Ava's style.

Either the PTB at GH get vengeful when they hear we don't want something, and give us more of it out of spite...or, LW gets what she wants.  Or both.  This has gone too far, and become comedy now.  I really do  laugh whenever he's on screen.   I stopped being mad ages ago.  It's truly become comedic. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Is anyone excited for the Maxie/Austin romance?  RoHo seems to have anti-chemistry with everyone.

I can’t get into his characters because they always come off the same to me but Maxie and Austin come off as super random. I don’t get the thought process behind them or who thought they would work as a pairing. I honestly think they need to cut bait on Roger because this character isn’t working and better actors have been let go due to the characters they got stuck playing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Today's Show

We start at the accident. I'mstill curious why they have so few people transporting this criminal. Apparently the driver is a bad cop because he knocks out Dante and Mac screams HEY WHAT?! Give me strength

BLQ tells Bailey she loves her. (Bailey looks smaller every time she's on screen). BLQ goes into the Living room and Chase and she flirt. (He  doesn't get shoes that hurt (me either) BLQ says it makes her legs look great. and Chase smirks and goes yeah). They flirt and almost kiss. 

BLQ comments how she appreciates Ned + Olivia now. Chase wishes that his parents would get back together. BLQ wishes she had someone who loved her. Chase goes you do. BLQ snaps his head off and goes drop the act I know what you feel about me and storms off. 

Chase goes. the eff, what does that mean? BLQ goes she overheard him and Chase is like FINALLY. He points out that Chase is a bad liar and Dante is pretty good at sniffing the truth so he had to go overboard in what he said but he doesn't believe that BLQ is a good person and they can't develop feelings because it just makes things complicated. BLQ goes really? Chase goes yah.  Chase goes this might not have started with the noblest of intentions but you are amazing with you handled this. But they can't be together because of Bailey. BLQ wants to know if Chase considered it though.

Maxie says i'm glad you know the truth. Austin is like you had lie to a lot of people. Austin thinks Maxie is kissing him is diverting the issues at hand and he is sadz. Maxie is now insulted that Austin doesn't believe her. Austin is like you were lying to me since we've met. You turned to me because you couldn't lie to people who know you. Maxie snaps. I was terrified that you would know but I couldn't stay away from you. I felt things for you. The phone rings and Austin has to take it and maxie is like okay.

LISEL!!! Nina ignored him and she's still whinging about the truth coming out. Lisel is tired of it and tells her so. Nina goes "I would have gone to jail before betraying Sonny's trust!!" (why?) Lisel snaps back "it's easy to say that now, because it didn't and won't  happen." (haha truth). Nina storms off and Lisel grabs her. and goes look i am always #TeamNina and you know that. Nina smiles and goes yah. Lisel goes I know I am not Phyllis but i am here. Let's talk. They talk and Nina whines about Carly hating her more than wanting to help Sonny. Lisel goes. "Why does Sonny need help?" Nina has a oh crap face.

NIna goes how can i believe you after what happened in Court. (girl SHUT UP). Lisel goes look I told Scott what I suspected and Scott was able to get you out of jail. Since this is different I won't say anything I swear. Nina infodumps about the manic episode and how Carly wouldn't listen. Lisel points out Nina didn't try very hard then. and honestly Lisel only cares what Nina wants, and she feels Nina doesn't want Carly and Sonny back together. 

Nina throws a temper tantrum about not wanting Sonny and Carly's marriage to work(but you don't. dumbo). Lisel is like please . just tell me the truth. Do you love/want Sonny. Nina goes Sonny is committed to the marriage. Lisel goes that's not my question. Nina goes he only loved me as Mike. Lisel goes he was sonny then and Sonny now. Nina pouts that she can't be the one who breaks up the marriage. Lisel goes please marriages break up all the time. Are you doing things on what people think? Just do what you want. Nina goes to the bathroom. 

Sonny STILL DECIDED TO DO THIS STUPID MARRIAGE THING. Krissy is like this is romantic and Carly won't know what hit her. Kristina splits because she doesn't wanna ruin the mood.Sonny is now waiting in the fog, believing Carly will show up. Sonny is now sitting on the stairs on the deck looking at the rings he got. and there are footsteps. CARLY?! he calls out. 

It's Kristina. Kristina tells Sonny Carly's not coming. Sonny looks like he's gonna cry. so does Kristina. Lexie is great with her tear face I have to say.  Sonny goes to throw away the rings. but doesn't. he has sad face. 

Carly and Drew meet on the bridge. WHY?! Carly misses Jason. Drew says I can be your sounding board. Carly is like nah. Apparently Drew is thinking about Oscar. Carly goes we miss him too. they talk about life being short. Carly whinges about how she is wasting time about making a decision about Sonny. Kristina calls Carly and goes are you going to show up? Carly goes this is none of your business. Kristina chews her out about how she can't even meet him half way? (okay didn't Carly say she'd meet him for an hour?). Anyway. Carly shuts Kristina down and hangs up. Drew is like are you okay? Carly whinges no.

Carly is whinging that Sonny is being romantic and she doesn't need romance she needs needs time and space.. Drew is like you are justified in feeling the way you are. since you told Sonny this. (BUT YOU ALSO TOLD SONNY YOU'D MEET HIM FOR ONE HOUR). I'm so tired of this. Carly is justified but god. "I need time." is vague. Tell your infant husband you need two weeks. a year or something

Carly whines AGAIN that she doesn't think romance will fix the issues. She neeed space. Drew is yah. but would Sonny really do that. Carly is like who knows but he should try for her sake.And NOW she whines this sounds like an ultimatum. Show up or else. Drew goes okay but what if it is? Carly looked pissed. (and WHAT?! No. Sonny called you and asked you for ONE HOUR OF YOUR TIME. You said I CAN GIVE YOU ONE HOUR. now all of a sudden it's "I don't understand why sonny can't leave me alone. THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD HIM YOU'D GIVE HIM AN HOUR, YOU COW). 

Drew is cheerleading this marriage. Basically tells Carly maybe it's not an ultimatum but a cry for help. so why not just throw him a life line. (These two morons don't deserve Drew, i swear to God). 

Felicia and Anna dishes about wanting Peter to suffer in jail and how Maxie has suffered. Anna is still worried about Val. Felicia is still anxious and worried about Mac, and they should have been there already. They both decide to leave and go see what happened. (now. honestly. if it was that icy why transfer him at night? do it in the day you dumbos. anyway).

Maxie comes home and Tells LH!Sam and Spinelli that she kissed Austin and it was horrible. Before she can tell Spinelli and LH!Sam, Austin infodumps her about theprison van accident. (Okay. please. can we have Lindsay as Sam? so! much! emotion!)

Dante calls 1099, 1099 officers down and multiple injuries. I don't see Mac. WHERE IS MAC?! Anna shows up, clears the scene. no sign of Mac. Felicia sees his glasses and MAC IS SHOT IN THE GUT. nooooo! Not Mac! Peter escaped. Oh no. I am so surprised. 

Felicia is sobbing that they need to get Mac to the hospital. the EMT is saying we need to stabilized him. Dante infodumps Anna. Anna vows they will find Peter. (why? you'll just lose him again). 

---
Kristina infodumps the Sonny stuff to Alexis (On the phone). about how Sonny is ALL ALONE AT THE HAUNTED STAR. She hangs up and Lisel is right behind her. Kristina has a  "oh crap. face." Lisel reorders. and goes back to Nina. Lisel tells Nina that "Sonny is in a bad way. Go to the haunted star, all alone." 

Maxie and Sam show up. Felicia tells her about Mac. Sam wants to see Dante. Dante and Sam hug, and Dante goes "Downside for dating a cop, eh?" Sam goes. there is no downside. I am happy to have you in my life. they kiss.

Maxie finds out the people who are dead don't include peter. 

Dirty cop is dead. Anna has no time for it. Peter hates loose ends so this was clearly planned. We need to find Peter.

Carly goes. she doesn't wanna give up on Sonny. drew is like yay go get your guy! Anna calls Drew and infodumps him about the situation. 

Sonny goes "that's that." 
Nina shows up.  hahah. she wasted no time 

Dante breaks up the almost CLQ kiss. He infodumps Chase.  BLQ freaks out. and they run to the upstairs bedroom. Bailey is gone. BLQ starts freaking out and crying

Peter has Louise I am so surprised. He swears he'll never let her go. Bailey babbles at him.

Show ends. 

• Love 7

They make a big deal yesterday of ultra-punctual Liesl being late, and today she pops up and no one says a word. ETA: Okay, Liesl mentioned she was "a little bit late and Britt ditched [her].]

LOL that Sonny gave the game away when he agreed with Kristina that the night will be everything he wants. Not that I'm surprised.

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Drew is cheerleading this marriage.

Drew needs a life. Immediately.

• Love 12

Thanks for the recaps @Daisy

I haven't seen the entire show yet. I was in a meeting for most of the hour. This CarSon drama is so contrived, IMO, and annoying. Given what Nina did, you would think Carly would be more angry w/her and more compassionate toward her husband and his predicament. I don't know. I guess I thought we would see CarSon together and then see moments btw Sonny and Nina or scenes of Sonny reflecting on Nina or wanting her BEFORE Carly wanted to call it quits. We haven't seen that at all. I don't know. This story just hasn't worked for my on any level. I hope it is heading toward divorce though b/c I'm over it. 

I know I should feel bad for Maxie but I just don't. I don't care that Peter kidnapped Bailey. I'm no Peter fan but I don't think he'll hurt the baby, and I still don't know why they gave Maxie a baby w/him. Is she gonna have one w/Austin too?!? LOL! If they let Peter get away w/her, it will be the story I wanted to see w/Nelle and Wiley. I was hoping Nelle would run off w/him! 

Why does Drew talk to CarSon? Why? He accepted Sonny's drink and lame apology yesterday. He's talking to Carly today. Why not show him w/Sam if those two are reconnecting or whatever! Quit showing him w/the jerks who couldn't give two craps about him and who would ditch him tomorrow if Jason resurfaced! 

• Love 6

LOL that Carly can set boundaries with Kristina but not with her own doofus son. I enjoyed Carly standing Sonny up. It was a douche move with her saying she'd give him an hour, but on the other hand, Sonny is trying to manipulate her and she knows it. I don't blame her for ditching that. It's hardly romantic.

Oh, lord, with Dante injured we're going to be subjected to Olivia's hysterics.

• LOL 4