Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would LOVE to see Drew take Aurora, the company he started for his kids, back from Michael. I was super annoyed when Michael was talking about Wiley and Drew said "don't forget Scout." Yes, asshole, ELQ is supposed to be Wiley's future. When Sam asked you to take over Aurora, she specifically said until Scout was old enough to take on her late father's company!!

He's Carly's son, what she has, she holds on to whether it's a man (Sonny, Jason, Jax and anyone else), a child (Avery) or a comp;any (Metro Court).  And then she'll graciously extend consideration.

LOL at Michael claiming Drew's company for his son and Olivia's.

Speaking of which, isn't it time for Michael to give Drew back his company rather than just offering to publish his secrets for him?

40 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

So she wavered about going, which I don’t find cruel. She doesn’t have to give in to Sonny’s neediest fantasies.

She doesn't have to give in to his fantasies but she does need to play fair with him especially if she's going to get on her high horse and claim the moral high ground. At very the least she owes him a phone call to tell him that she's not coming after all.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

At very the least she owes him a phone call to tell him that she's not coming after all.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but didn’t she already tell him she didn’t want to go? He continued to whine and pressure her, which made her falter a little, but I don’t think she ever said she was going, or gave him any real reason to think she would. It wasn’t a definitive no, but I don’t remember it being more than a weak maybe.

If he took that as a yes, then that’s his problem. She made her position clear, and if he chose not to listen, I don’t think she owes him a second round of explanations.

Now, whether Carly should be as mad as she is, is another question. But she has the right to ask for space, and he has no right to deny her that.

To me, the bigger problem in all of this is, how in the hell does Carly not recognize a prolonged manic episode when it’s yammering in her face?(Obviously, plot point to push him towards Nina, but still.)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought they were eventually going to re-hab LWB's character.  The retconned killing the baby nurse, retconned Drew's plane crash.  All they needed was Franco to return without a scratch.  Now Peetah has killed a transport guard, shot Mac and stolen a baby.

Franco being dead is one of the best things Peter has done for me so I never had issues over that.

Mac was shot by Victor's people and for all we know they were the one to kill that guard as well.

As for Bailey, that is one big old mess with she being his daughter after her mother lied about her disappearance.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Franco being dead is one of the best things Peter has done for me so I never had issues over that.

Same. I also feel this way about the rubble that killed Jason. Excellent work rocks! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe I’m misremembering, but didn’t she already tell him she didn’t want to go? He continued to whine and pressure her, which made her falter a little, but I don’t think she ever said she was going, or gave him any real reason to think she would. It wasn’t a definitive no, but I don’t remember it being more than a weak maybe.

She didn't want to speak with him but I thought that when they met at the vow renewal ceremony, she definitely agreed to give him one hour on Friday.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

She didn't want to speak with him but I thought that when they met at the vow renewal ceremony, she definitely agreed to give him one hour on Friday.

She did agree to give him an hour. She told him she would meet him so if she changed her mind (which it appears she did), she owed him the common courtesy of telling him she wasn't coming.  It's clear she was going to stand him up until Drew talked her into coming. 

I'll happily be in the minority, but I think Carly has treated Sonny horribly during all of this. She has been awful. She has no compassion and is ridiculously selfish. Through no fault of his own, he fell in love w/another woman while having an amnesia. He didn't set out to cheat on his wife or fall for another woman. When he got his memory back, he didn't immediately tell his wife about that relationship. Oh, and b/c he likes and now knows Nina better than he ever did before, he's not interested in ruining her life or murdering her. He just wants to move on w/his wife and his life. That is Sonny's big crime. I'm sorry I just can't drink the Kool-Aid they've been selling that Sonny is awful and horrible here. Sonny's "crime" is just not that big of a deal. 

Carly doesn't need space. She just doesn't want her marriage. If she did, she would be speaking to her husband or going to marriage counseling, not claiming she needs space.  Space for what? What is there to think about here? Again, it's simple. You either want the marriage or you don't. Carly doesn't, and I wish the show had the balls to have her say that! Just say that she regrets choosing Sonny when he returned when she could have chosen the person she has always wanted over everyone else: Jason! But they want to paint Sonny in the bad light and as the bad guy. Whatever. 

I'm definitely taking a GH break b/c I refuse to watch Carly whining, yelling, crying, and screaming about Sonny sleeping w/Nina for weeks on end. I refuse to watch Sonny beg, whine, and cry about Carly and getting her back. And I refuse to watch Nina looking doofy,  perplexed, and sad when she realizes she's been used. Nope. Not doing it. This is nowhere close to being "must-see-tv" for me.  

• Love 19

@lala2 I’ll join you. I think Carly has been even more awful than usual. There’s no amount of time that will make Carly ok with Sonny not wanting revenge on Nina. Fine if that how she feels but then file for divorce already because she’s a huge part of why Sonny is acting this way. She doesn’t want to work on things but won’t end it either. It’s been 6 weeks of this. I don’t think she wants to be in this marriage either but letting Sonny go means Nina wins and that’s all she cares about. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 12

I get the sense that most people here are predisposed to think Carly is in the wrong, no matter what the situation. Which is fine; nobody has to like any character. I don’t like Michael, and so I’m sure I’ve judged him unfairly at times. (I actually can’t remember a time when I’ve liked anything he did—going back to Pumpkinhead days).

But looking at it objectively, I don’t understand why Carly (or any character) wouldn’t be entitled to ask for space, or time to process their feelings. It’s her life, and if she wants to reevaluate her marriage, or even consider whether she wants to continue it— for any reason, Jason, Nina, or whatever— she has the right to do that. Without pressure or judgment.

She has been upfront about this, and conveyed her position multiple times, and Sonny has refused to listen. This is disrespectful. No means no. Stop means stop. He’s being a bully, and I know it’s because of his disease, but that doesn’t make it acceptable.

I actually agree that Carly overreacted to the whole NF situation, and shouldn’t blame Sonny for things that happened while he had amnesia. But that’s beside the point. If she needs time to come the the right conclusion, she should have it. Her life, her choice.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

She doesn’t want to work on things but won’t end it either. It’s been 6 weeks of this. I don’t think she wants to be in this marriage either but letting Sonny go means Nina wins and that’s all she cares about.

She also gets to play the martyr, it's one of her favourite roles.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

He’s being a bully, and I know it’s because of his disease,

It's not because of his disease, it's because he's an infant who can't put anyone else's feelings above his own. Sonny is an asshole; his BPD doesn't have anything to do with that.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, lala2 said:

She did agree to give him an hour. She told him she would meet him so if she changed her mind (which it appears she did), she owed him the common courtesy of telling him she wasn't coming.  It's clear she was going to stand him up until Drew talked her into coming. 

Carly agreed to give him an hour before she found out what he was planning.  She agreed to talk, not an event much less recreating their wedding. When they were speaking at the gatehouse, she made it clear that some grand gesture was not what she agreed to.  Sonny cajoled and argued in turns but Carly never said she'd be there.  Sonny was still using arguments to convince her when he left.  

He may have thought that her comment that it was a really beautiful idea and that there couldn't be a gesture that was a more perfect romantic gesture if such was the goal as her softening. But she didn't actually say she would come.

Sonny had no reason so to be certain she would show up other than his ego and belief in his ability to will his wants into reality.  And, it seemed he was aware she hadn't actually agreed because he communicated the uncertainty to Kristina such that she called to tell Carly she needed to show.

And Carly hadn't actually said she wouldn't show up. She was debating it with herself while on the bridge and seemed like she was going to go after talkin to Drew (prior to him getting the call that Peter escaped and Dante had be hurt). All she said to Kristina was that she wouldn't discuss it with her.

• Love 2

I shouldnt be so giddy about Carly walking in on Sonny and Nina together, cause Snarly has been doen this road lile 4 times: catching Sonny with Alexis, Sam, Reese, and Divorce Attorney.

Snarly needs to stop with thr optimism that Sonny is always going to wait for her. And Nina, we do not need another Sonny Jr roaming Port Charles...we could get another Michael, ugh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Today's Notes

Sonny is asking Nina why she's there. Nina says she heard he was in a bad way and didn't want him to be on a boat if he's not taking his meds. Sonny realizes Lisel heard Kristina on the phone. Sonny says he was trying to make a major play to save his marriage. Nina says "I'll go" Sonny goes don't bother my marriage is over. 

Sonny is infodumping Nina about Carly. He says he wasn't going to push her. just wanted an idea if she wanted the marriage. Sonny is sadz Carly is gone. and he whips the rings away and goes. "I'm done." Nina goes she's sorry that it's over. Sonny goes people might not believe you, but he does. Nina goes All i wanted was you to be safe and happy. Sonny goes he was wondering for hours why Carly didn't show up and Carly thought he was defending Nina and he didn't see it but maybe he was. 

Sonny says he was so focused on his family, but he had an instinct to protect Nina. He had a part of himself that cared for Nina. Sonny starts to sob that while protecting Nina he lost the woman he loved the most. Nina says he never wanted to hurt Sonny and she wished she could turn back time and tell everyone about him. Teary-eyed Sonny goes "Even if it meant out time together never happened." Nina cries. 

Nina goes she needed someone on #TeamNina. she swears that she didn't plan on falling in love with Sonny. the feeling were real. Sonny goes Mike didn't plan on falling in love either. Nina goes the answer is yes. I would give everything up to spare you pain. Sonny goes.I know you believe that. But e can't change the past, only live with consequences. They really kiss. 

Nina breaks p the kiss, and goes, I shouldn't have done that. Sonny says "it's okay." and pulls her into another  kiss

Carly goes to the hospital and asks about Dante. Nurse goes are you family. Carly pauses.  Sam and Dante are trying to calm each other down. Dante is fine but will stay over night. Carly busts in and goes "yay you're fine. Sonny will be happy, where is he." Dante says he didn't call Sonny. Carly whinges how a monster peter is and Prison is too good for him. Carly says she'll go tell Sonny. 

Maxie and Felicia are waiting for news on Mac.They comfort each other. Anna is with Robert saying the same stuff. Robert gets more technical details about Mac. Robert wants Anna to stay with him. Robert goes we lost so many people. Luke, Sean and maybe now his brother. Anna goes we didn't lose him! lets not go down this path. Anna doesn't want Robert to lose faith. Robert goes "everytime he turns around, it seems the bad guys are winning." he's losing hope and faith. Anna goes tells Robert to take hers so he can come out swinging. 

Anna/Robert join Maxie/Felicia. Felicia tells Anna there is no news. Felicia starts to cry. Anna says Mac loves his family and he will come back to Felicia.. 

Mistah Sheffield is pissed. Goon is late. Mistah Sheffield is like where is Peter? Henchman told him that Peter shot him and killed Kendal and tells Sheffield that he was desperate to get the kid. Mistah Sheffield goes. Peter thought he (M.S.)would have no use for him (Peter) once Mistah Sheffield got the info about Drew. Mistah Sheffield grits out "Peter couldn't be more wrong."

BLQ and Chase are freaking out. BLQ is wondering if it was Peter. Chase runs downs the evidence, and goes. He needs to call Dante and BLQ has to call Maxie. BLQ looks at the baby monitor. BLQ starts having a panic attack about the idea of telling Maxie about Baileylou being kidnapped and it was all her fault. Chase calms her down and says we're going to tell maxie and then we're going to find Baileylou. 

Chase gets a hold of Dante. Dante doesn't tell him he was shot or anything, and Chase pleads with him to get to Jax's house. Dante is like okay on it. First Sam goes. "Why would Peter steal Chase's baby?" then as Dante struggles to get out of bed, Sam is like. "um. you aren't going anywhere."  Dante explains why he needs to do it and he won't let sam lose someone else she cares about. Sam smiles and goes "I'll call the nurse." Dante calls Olivia and lets her know that he was hurt and BLQ needs the family. 

Carly infodumps Sonny on the phone. (Sonny has a VERY big messg box).She goes "We have to do Martinque another night but we can get the guy who killed Jason and we can do it together!

Carly sees Maxie. hugs and infodumps. Austin shows up. He goes it's good news we don't hear anything. Maxie is like that's stupid. you should get updates when there is GOOD news. lol Austin smiles and goes. I'll bring it up at the next meeting. Carly leaves. Austin is like how are you. Maxie goes. I'm fine. at least Baileylou is good. I just have to hope Peter dies. Maxie is sad that the last thing she did was lie to Mac and how she can live with that?

Maxie gets BLQ's phone call. BLQ tells Maxie about Baileylou. Maxie believes it was Peter. BLQ is like but how did Peter figure it out?. Maxie is actually taking this very calm. Austin goes how can I help?  Maxie just babbles that Louise is gone and Austin hugs her. Maxie goes she needs to go to BLQ. Austin goes. you need to tell your family the truth. Felicia and Robert show up. Maxie tells Felicia about Bailey, and maxie goes I'm going to go. Felicia is like. while Mac is surgery?!. Maxie tells Felicia the truth. Felicia has the best tear face and goes. YOU GO GET YOUR BABY/ MY GRANDBABY.  Maxie leaves and Austin goes "ya'll sit down, this is a hell of a story."

Dante is ready to go, and Anna is there. Anna is mindblown that Peter took Baileylou and she's like let's join forces!! Dante is like cool. Carly is like what's going on, why are you leaving? Now CARLY knows Baileylou is gone. Anna is all, we're going to find Peter and get the Baby. Carly instead of you know, getting out of the way, bitches "Can you swear to that? Jason warned you over and over what a bad man peter was. and you didn't listen." Anna is like of course I want Peter captured. Carly (still not letting them get going) snaps. "Really? Peter needs to be stopped." Anna swears that She will find Peter then stop Peter for good. (stop lying Anna). 

Ned shows up and basically goes. "I knew this was a bad idea." Ned starts ripping Chase a new one. BLQ defends Chase. Ned needs to shut his piehole. But he does apologize. He does admit that he's terrified that's what made him lash out. 

Carly and Sam are chatting. Carly starts complaining about Sonny okay god shut up. Anyway Carly decides that she can try/meet Sonny half way. Happy smiles. Carly thinks Sonny and she can have a fresh start. 

Peter is chatting to Bailey Lou. He swears he won't let anyone take Baileylou. He tells BaileyLou that everyone are liars and he isn'a monster. He wants to be a better father to him than what he had. He wants to give Bailey Lou the world

--------------

Anna at the Beachhouse. She doesn't get why she took Baileylou? Dante wonders if this is revenge for Valentin? Chase sighs and goes to BLQ we can't keep this up anymore. Maxie storms in. BLQ goes "this isnt my secret to tell." Maxie goes "No. it's mine.". Everyone is like what's going on?. BLQ pleads with maxie she was never going to say anything. Maxie goes We need to get Louise. Anna goes "Louise." with this face of "omg, Maxie's cracked." Maxie goes. "No. Bailey is Louise. She's my daughter." EVERYONE has OMG, WTF face. and look at BLQ. 

Felicia and Robert were infodumped. Felicia is like i knew my grandbaby. I know what she looks like. And she was safe. That's the important thing. Then she turns to Robert and goes. "God you wasted so much time hunting for Fake Chloe. and she doesn't even exist? What do you think?" Robert cracks this huge smile and goes. "I think my goddaughter was absolutely BRILLIANT!" and hugs Felicia. haha Felicia has a big wtf smile.  They thank Austin. and Robert goes I should look for Peter. Felicia goes everyone has Anna right now. mac needs us. Felicia, Robert and Austin holds hands. (Austin looks kinda uncomfortable).

Peter is still monologuing to the baby. He admits he has way too many loose ends. He needs to make one more deal witht he devil. He says this is a lesson Baileylou needs to know- he will do anything for her. 

Mistah Sheffield is like we can track him, there was a GPS in the car. Phone rings and and It's peter. "helloo Friend!" a lot of mugging on the phone. Peter wants to change the plan again and Mistah Sheffield (rightly) is pissed off and goes how many times do you think you can do this? He snaps at Henchman - tellt he men there is a baby in the car. Peter goes. "I threw the GPS in the ditch." (because of course he did. peter knows everything). Mistah Sheffield sighs "Okay fine PETER what do you want NOW?!" Peter wants safe passage out of Port Charles for him and baileylou. (you know. Drew better know the secret for eternal life or something because this is so not worth it). 

Oh gosh. oh my eyes. :(  Sonny and Nina have found a bedroom. they are taking each other's clothes off and  kicking off shoes and there is laughing and giggles. 

Carly shows up on the boat. She sees the rose. and the rose petals. And she is all appy and smiles. Nina and Sonny are doing the nasty. Camera pans on the rings.  Carly shows up at the door. She is grinning and puts her hand to her chest.. 

Opens the door.... And sees them in bed. (wow. Sonny... was um. quick?)

lmao. Sonny has a oh shit face and covers his face. hahahahahahahahahaha

Show ends.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I know they kept Carly at the hospital for that ending, but do we need to insert her screeching into every scene? If she isnt acting like the Head Nurse or investigstor, she is making everything about herself. Wish Oeter had abducyed her instead.

Also, BLQ and Chase really broke my heart. If I was watching this for the first time, I would think they were Bailey's parents and not Maxie, who most likely forgot where she left her other kids, let alone show any emotion towards Bailey being kidnapped.

• Love 7

Some of us have been giving Felicia a pass on some of her acting choices but her facial expressions today were OTT  😆

Port Charles PD puts out a BOLO for Baily and Peter but somehow Anna isn't on the email chain 😒

The "Carly at the hospital checking on Dante" seemed so contrived, I guess so many years of being Jason's BFF she is just conditioned to run to the ER when ever there is a shooting in PC. Although it was great to actually have someone call out Anna for not dealing with Peter yet.

Thank God the truth is out about Louise. Sorry Robert, Maxie is not brilliant she is an idiot.

Sonny and Nina are both dilusional.

Edited by Blackie
edited to fix names
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Maybe I'm behind the times, but the character the writers really care about when it comes to Carly and Sonny is Carly. The end.

And you better be hiding your face, Sonny.

Secret's out. Finally. 

Stop talking, Peter. And honestly, the way Victor caved to Peter the second he said that he had removed the GPS from the car was so disappointing. Grow a pair, Victor! I am so annoyed with this.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Did AJ get even 1/10th of the people willing to "save" him from his alcoholism as Sonny  gets every time he goes off his meds or is in a bad way? He was lucky if his family removed the drinks trolley from the sitting room. 

Was AJ a favorite for the writers like Sonny/Snarly/Jabot are?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Not a fan of temp Sam's 90's look of leather jacket and flowery dress. Wonder if the put her in Doc Martens boots too? Ugh. I know vintage is always cool but that look is a yuck for me. Imo.

Looks like Ned got his hands on some Just For Men hair color. Too dark, looks fake. More flattering at 60+ to have a little more of the grey coming through. Imo.

I love to people watch and notice how they present themselves. Because I'm a beauty queen and style maven. Lol!

Also, I don't put it past Peter to snap and threaten to hurt Louise. 

Guess the icy roads cleared up. How convenient.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Guess the icy roads cleared up. How convenient.

The road weren't icy.  victor's men had put a spike strip across the road which blew out the tires.  

40 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Sorry Mac, Maxie is not brilliant she is an idiot.

You mean Robert.  I actually thought keeping the baby in plain sight was a genius move IMHO.  

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

He says he wasn't going to push her.

Please. That grand gesture was all about pushing Carly to forget everything.

Nina, you gigantic Dummkopf. Why on earth would you sleep with Sonny right after he told you his marriage was over? He's going to be thinking of Carly the whole time. Where is your self-respect? 

2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I kind of forgot Mac and Robert are brothers!

Same. When I first saw Robert, I thought, Why is he so upset about Mac? We rarely see the brothers together, so no wonder we forgot.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Today's Notes

Opens the door.... And sees them in bed. (wow. Sonny... was um. quick?)

lmao. Sonny has a oh shit face and covers his face. hahahahahahahahahaha

Show ends.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But seriously, Nina don’t love herself. 

Is Valentin still in his daddy’s trunk? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I had to FF through Peter monologuing to Bailey and Nina and Sonny.

I loved Robert's reaction to knowing the truth about Bailey. It wasn't "brilliant," but it was effective while it lasted, which was pretty long. I also liked Felicia's reaction. What a change from how someone like Carly would react.

"How many more times do you think I'll let you play me, Peter?" A lot from the looks of it, Victor.

I can't buy Carly's rather sudden change of heart about her marriage, even if the impetus came from JasonExtraLite/non–therapist extraordinaire Drew.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina, you gigantic Dummkopf. Why on earth would you sleep with Sonny right after he told you his marriage was over? He's going to be thinking of Carly the whole time. Where is your self-respect? 

OMG, not only that. He literally just said that his marriage was what he wanted.  He literally just told her that he chose Carly and wanted Carly over her and Nina sleeps with him anyway.  

I already thought she was a spineless, delusional waste of air.  But this is pathetic. I don't care about Nina herself. But as a woman, Jesus, girl, get yourself together!

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"How many more times do you think I'll let you play me, Peter?" A lot from the looks of it, Victor.

I hate the way Victor has been dumbed down for Peter.  Peter betrays him on the island and Victor straight up telling Peter the truth about Louise without getting anything first.  Then he caves to additional demands... and then he does it again. Ugh. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina has never had any self-respect. It doesn't matter what version we have. But this whole thing with Sonny is unbelievably stupid. 

Bailey will speak her first words any second now and it will be a sentence that will probably go something like this: "STFU, Peter!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Sorry Mac, Maxie is not brilliant she is an idiot.

You mean Robert.  I actually thought keeping the baby in plain sight was a genius move IMHO.  

Yes I fixed it.

She was an idiot for letting it go on for so long, once Peter was in custody she could have at least told her mom and dad or Robert to help with protection. Telling Anna would have been useless. Louise is kidnapped now because Maxie didn't tell anyone so not so brilliant.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Blackie said:

She was an idiot for letting it go on for so long, once Peter was in custody she could have at least told her mom and dad or Robert to help with protection.

Agreed.  Once the poeple that knew started to add up (chase, Tracy, Austin) she should have told people like Mac.  But her fear that the more people who knew, the more chance that Peter would find out, which is how it happened.  Valentin started snooping and then Victor and the dominos fell.  

• Love 2

What day is it and where is Charlotte that no one except Anna has noticed that Valentin is missing?

Robert worrying about Mac made me remember when Mac first arrived in Port Charles and Robert tried to disown him.

Thank goodness the secret is finally out, although I am so over Peter's monologuing.

I guess the show has settled on Sam/Dante? Lucky Drew.

Carly yells at Anna that Jason told her that Peter is dangerous. Of course the sainted Jason did. Carly uses reflected power a lot, threatening people with Sonny, Jason and other mobbies.

Fast forward through all of Sonny/Nina/Carly. Zzzzzzzz 😴

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Maxie is actually taking this very calm. 

That actually makes sense.  Maxie has spent so long worrying and afraid that Peter will take BaileyLou that now that's it's happening, she can be calm and get to work.

• Love 8

I agree that Brook Lyn  broke my heart today with her anguish and very genuine grief. I could feel her absolute dread about having to break the news to Maxie, coupled with her fear for the baby. Also, her very natural feelings of guilt were touching.  Chase was perfect with his decisive action, and his insistence that Maxie be told, all the while understanding Brook Lynn 's devastation and supporting her. I thought the actors hit all the right notes.

• Love 15

Yes, I agree w/@Blackie and @perkie1968.

And I still think they should have clued in Valentin. If they had, he wouldn't have started snooping around, which led to Victor figuring it out. Honestly, once Peter was back in PC, Maxie should have skipped town w/her baby or told her family the truth so she could have around the clock protection. I'm sure Peter would have gotten Bailey anyway b/c the writers wanted him to get her, but that would have made more sense than her continuing the lie. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Thank goodness the secret is finally out, although I am so over Peter's monologuing.

I'm assuming his co-stars are too and that's why they gave him a baby as a scene partner. Poor sweet little baby can't protest or show outrage, although a few wails would be welcome. That baby is way too calm and quiet for the sociopath.

I don't think so. Sam definitely had a reaction when Carly told her that Drew was the one who talked her through her Sonny induced angst.

53 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I agree that Brook Lyn  broke my heart today with her anguish and very genuine grief. I could feel her absolute dread about having to break the news to Maxie, coupled with her fear for the baby. Also, her very natural feelings of guilt were touching.  Chase was perfect with his decisive action, and his insistence that Maxie be told, all the while understanding Brook Lynn 's devastation and supporting her. I thought the actors hit all the right notes.

I liked the scenes with Chase and BL. I hated the way Ned was acting, though. Take a seat, Ned! All he knows is that Chase is Bailey's dad and he's just piling on because how dare they move!! Read the room. The baby is missing, your daughter is freaking out and her partner has calmly done everything he needed to do in order to try and find her. 

Ned's solution to everything is to jump down someone's throat. Get off your high horse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

his insistence that Maxie be told

I'm glad they had Maxie react calmly, instead of yelling at BLQ and Chase and being all "J'accuse!" It was inevitable (for the story) that Peter snatch Bailey, and all the security in the world wouldn't have changed a thing. They'd have had Peter create a distraction that drew all the security away, or something equally absurd.

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ned's solution to everything is to jump down someone's throat.

Never a useful reaction. I dread his diatribe at BLQ and Chase about lying about Bailey. Try to look at the bigger picture for a change, huh, Ned?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Never a useful reaction. I dread his diatribe at BLQ and Chase about lying about Bailey. Try to look at the bigger picture for a change, huh, Ned?

Especially as he lied about being Kristina's father and let Brooklynn think they were sisters for nearly two years. 

• Love 3

Even if it is only a one night stand, I found the whole lead up to Carly finding Sonny with Nina delicious. Seeing her following the rose petals with a smile on her face was priceless.

So glad the truth about Louise is out. I wonder how long this chase will go on. What an adorable baby. So realistic that she would turn to look at Peter when he was talking.

• Love 14

When Carly saw the rose petals and smiled, oh did I smile too because I knew it meant she was going to walk in on Sonny and Nina!!!  Oh boy was that satisfying.

Previews...

Carly: I can't fix my marriage when there are three people in it!

Me: Excuse me, ma'am, but you brought a third person into EVERY relationship you've had going on decades!

Also, Lindsay's Hartley's already done?  Booo.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Back in Nixon Falls, buried in the ashes of The Tan-O?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Nina is just so desperate. Sonny just said he wanted Carly and had wedding rings in his hand! Whatever. Again I don't care about Carly and Sonny per se but as someone said upthread - keeping them together just ensures they won't separately go out and ruin other potentially interesting characters. Of course, Nina is a lost cause as far as being interesting so I guess Ninny is on!

Yeah but couldn't that mean Drew will be there for Carly? I know Drew hasn't been up to much lately other than roaming counselor but I think he could be a more interesting character. I don't think that'll happen  if they saddle him with Carly as a romantic partner.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly: I can't fix my marriage when there are three people in it!

Me: Excuse me, ma'am, but you brought a third person into EVERY relationship you've had going on decades!

Carly's lack of self-awareness is breathtaking. However, every man she was with accepted that Jason was a part of the package. She was very open about that, and since no one ever forced her to choose, she kept making Jason her top priority. Jax tried, but he wasn't ultimately able to cut Carly loose.

Any man with Carly who isn't Sonny is lucky to be number 4 on her list, after Jason (still! and he's dead!), Michael, and Sonny ("He's the father of my children; he'll always be a part of my life.").

• Love 3

Honestly this is what i wanted SONNY to do - walk in and see Jason and Carly doing the business (well without me seeing it/recapping it because MY EYES). but i will take this delicious soapiness. (for a brief moment because we know that Carly is going to tell EVERYONE and Michael will throw a tantrum). 

What bothered me was that Sonny goes "I just want my marriage." Nina says "I know." and then they kiss and have sex.  like honestly Nina needed to say just - i'm not Carly. I'm not a substitute." just something that indicated that this was about Sonny and Nina (again not that i care) but it if they wanted some kind of romantic.'aww"moment it was totally lost because it read "My wife isn't coming, wanna hook up?" "Okay!"

• Love 8
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming his co-stars are too and that's why they gave him a baby as a scene partner. Poor sweet little baby can't protest or show outrage, although a few wails would be welcome. That baby is way too calm and quiet for the sociopath.

I don't think so. Sam definitely had a reaction when Carly told her that Drew was the one who talked her through her Sonny induced angst.

I liked the scenes with Chase and BL. I hated the way Ned was acting, though. Take a seat, Ned! All he knows is that Chase is Bailey's dad and he's just piling on because how dare they move!! Read the room. The baby is missing, your daughter is freaking out and her partner has calmly done everything he needed to do in order to try and find her. 

Ned's solution to everything is to jump down someone's throat. Get off your high horse.

Ned seemed like Edward today and tbh I think that's how they view him in the end.

Ned to BL is Edward to Tracy. I'm not too bothered by Ned's reaction since he just found out his "granddaughter" is missing however if it lasts for more than one day that will be a problem.

This was a good episode overall(except for Carly but I guess we can't have it all) in that GH is treating this like sweeps unlike the other soaps. Secrets are coming out and things are moving along.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it read "My wife isn't coming, wanna hook up?" "Okay!"

Sonny isn't taking it seriously, but Nina is. That imbalance really bugs me. It's almost a grudge fuck for Sonny, whereas Nina is kind of starry-eyed. Ugh.

33 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Good soapy stuff today with Sonny/Nina/Carly and the Louise reveal and Peter taking her

It was very soapy, and for a change there was more than one element that was soapy.

• Love 9