Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, jsbt said:

I understand in-universe why Laura and Kevin would enjoy each other at this stage in their lives and why it's healthy for them. I just don't find their romance remotely interesting or well-matched for story. There is no earthly reason why they'd break up a supercouple like Kevin and Lucy for so long other than I believe Genie made it clear she would only return for a contract and a serious non-Luke love interest - JL was available and Frank thought it would make budgetary sense (Lindstrom is not on contract) and suit Genie's needs. I don't begrudge Genie's priorities, she was absolutely right. I know they love working together, and I love both characters. I just find Laura and Kevin together to be boring as hell. I don't believe they'd be together other than to settle. I don't believe there's any real passion or force behind the pairing. I'd shackle Laura to a marriage of convenience (and no actual romance) with Mr. Sheffield tomorrow - at least that would be exciting and fun, and sparks would fly with those two.

I think that's part of it I also think the show at the time also saw Scott/Lucy as an option(yet they never revisited that either after the affair). I don't think the show sees Lucy in a long term pairing(although there was Kevin) regardless. 

I like Kevin/Laura they are a mature relationship and think they fit in this stage in their lives but I do agree both had better pairings as far as stories were concerned. However I also don't want Kevin to be burned by Lucy yet again at least I believe Laura would put Kevin first. Which is what he deserves in a relationship. 

I admit I would be intrigued by Victor/Laura MOC though. I also wondered if Stefan were to have ever returned how things would be between him and Laura. They would definitely butt heads over Spencer and a lesser extent Charlotte.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

Every soap needs a matriarch/patriarch. I wouldn't have predicted that Kevin and Laura would end up there but it works for me. GF has certainly earned it. 

It takes a long time to turn a ship, but here's hoping that the GH ship is turning, and Laura and Kevin become the matriarch/patriarch/go-to couple for advice as Sonny and Carly's marriage implodes. It'd be nice to have people who weren't gangsters in front for a while.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

Every soap needs a matriarch/patriarch. I wouldn't have predicted that Kevin and Laura would end up there but it works for me. GF has certainly earned it. 

Better Laura and Kevin than Carly and Sonny!

Laura and Kevin don't have fiery dramatics, they have a respectful, caring relationship and that's important for a matriarch/patriarch. They need that kind of stability to be longterm anchors for the show.

21 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I just rolled my eyes.  I don’t care much for Terry, but I damn sure don’t care about Chet.  Do they really think that people are going to care about this pairing?  It’s all such a waste.

I care. I'm sure that the show itself will be patronising and condescending in the writing but I like Terry when she's not being a bitch to Britt. I also think that it's important to be able to see on TV the diversity of people living full lives. So I like knowing that Terry and Chet are living good lives even if it is off-screen.

It's also a change from the almost three decades of 'wash, rinse, repeat' Sonny and Carly dramatics and I'm all for that.

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Except as shown with Charlotte and Sasha,  Nina doesn't understand boundaries and had a clear case of babies rabies. Carly has been involved and loved Avery since the moment that she came to live with her and Sonny. Nina stole Avery from Ava and ran off with her moments after Ava gave birth. It makes no sense for Ava to ever be more comfortable with Nina around Avery than Carly.

The Michelle Stafford baby rabies Nina seems miles away from the current CW Nina. Current Nina has demonstrated boundaries wrt Wylie for starters.

Nina and Ava and also friends right now who share confidences over drinks and support each other in problems. Carly on the other hand has never been supportive of Ava's relationship with Avery and is rarely nice to her. The only reason she lets Ava even see Avery is because Sonny decrees it and she'd stop that if she could.

If I were Ava, I'd take my chances with Nina over Carly.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina and Ava and also friends right now who share confidences over drinks and support each other in problems. Carly on the other hand has never been supportive of Ava and is rarely nice to her. The only reason she lets Ava even see Avery is because Sonny decrees it.

When Sonny was assumed to be dead, Ava took custody of Avery because Carly had no legal rights to keep her, but Ava knew that Avery loved Carly and her sisters, and that they loved Avery. Ava made sure that Avery continue to see and have a relationship with Carly and the girls. When Ava was scared about her stalker, she gave Avery into Carly's care because she knew Carly would protect her. Sonny wasn't around so Ava did all this because she did trust Carly with Avery, they spent most of those months of Sonny's death peacefully existing together.

And the only reason that Nina has stayed away from Wylie is because she shifted her obsessive focus on Mike now Sonny. Even when Jax blackmailed Michael to allow Nina back into Wylie's life, Nina spent on short visit with Wylie before she ran back Nixon Falls and Mike. Since the truth came out about Sonny and Nixon Falls, Nina's main concern is Sonny and she hasn't really done anything else. Not help Maxie. Not try to shore up her legal rights to see Wylie. Not run her magazine.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So I like that Terry and Chet are living good lives even if it is off-screen.

How representational can they be if we see them only once every three months? Teri is easier to incorporate into the show as she's a doctor and friend of Elizabeth, but Chet really has to be forced into things. Didn't he used to work at Charlie's? It would be easy to put him there. This show is so aggravating with stuff like this.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DanaK said:

Something I just thought about, has Peter been convicted already of any crimes or has he only been charged with lots of stuff?

To be convicted, he’d have to go through a trial and be found guilty. That hasn’t happened. Only a lot of talk about what he could be charged with has taken place.

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How representational can they be if we see them only once every three months?

This show will never do justice to LGBTQA2S people or war vets for that matter but if the choice is not mentioning that they exist at all or having them live in offscreenville, I'll take the latter. Terry can continue co-running the hospital and comment at Girls Night how her relationship with Chet is going.  (I still have the feeling that Chet is not the person she was texting with though.)

20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Ava knew that Avery loved Carly and her sisters, and that they loved Avery. Ava made sure that Avery continue to see and have a relationship with Carly and the girls. When Ava was scared about her stalker, she gave Avery into Carly's care because she knew Carly would protect her.

The only way Ava could take Avery with her when Sonny 'died' was because Carly had no legal right to keep her. If Carly could have, I don't doubt that she would have fought to keep Avery with her.

Ava sent Avery not to Carly but to Sonny's house with her sister and stepsister, a home she was comfortable in.  A home that was also guarded by Sonny's goons. (Also no real other option.) Yes, at this age and under these circumstances Ava trusts Carly with Avery.  But Carly has never been known to put a child's best interests first when they are in conflict with what she wants (Exhibit A: child Michael; exhibit B Joss' relationship with Jax after the divorce, exhibit C:  keeping Wylie from Nina because she hates Nelle) and her relationships with adult Michael and teenage Joss do not have not good boundaries. I would not trust Carly not to grab possession of Avery if she can when she's back with Sonny, or to refrain from saying awful things about Ava to Avery one day when she loses her temper. Nina is not a lot more stable than Carly but Nina would not attack Ava where Avery could hear the way Carly would. And has.

• Love 7

I like Laura and Kevin as a couple fine, but I personally still wish he was with Lucy.  As I've said before, and as @jsbt mentioned, it kinda sucks that Lucy's legacy pairing got wiped out b/c of these out-of-universe reasons.  

It also sorta bums me out that Kevin's life now just revolves around Laura and her family, he has very little of his own.  That's why I appreciated them nodding to him and Mac being best friends this week, not that we ever see it on-screen.  They could, of course, even this up by bringing in Serena or Christina, just saying!

19 hours ago, ljr said:

I wonder if Liz is losing her mind and tore her own dress.

Regarding whatever's going on with Liz, whether she's being gaslit or is suffering some mental breakdown or something...am I supposed to not be rooting for whoever or whatever is setting out to eliminate every remnant of Franco, and Franco and Liz's relationship?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, rur said:

It takes a long time to turn a ship, but here's hoping that the GH ship is turning, and Laura and Kevin become the matriarch/patriarch/go-to couple for advice as Sonny and Carly's marriage implodes. It'd be nice to have people who weren't gangsters in front for a while.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening completely as long as MB is around but Laura's kids (including exes like Elizabeth and Dante) and grandkids have a significant enough presence on the canvas to at least make her the non-criminal contender. 

I do feel for the Doc/Lucy fans but Colonel Tad is a nice consolation prize. 

• Love 1
On 2/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And seeing Robert and Laura hugging just had me thinking- just for a minute-that they could work? Maybe?

@GHSCORPIOSRULE - I think you're somewhat of a GH "older timer" like me, but I seem to recall that Robert and Laura had a brief fling sometime around the "Ice Princess" S/L. I was still in high school back then (!) so I missed most of it. Didn't seem to last very long though.  Your comment reminds me of ill-conceived the brief Luke/Anna relationship was.

Laura Weber Spencer Collins has quickly become the MVP of the Petah-Bailey Lou S/L. As another poster said, it's a beautiful thing to watch her mind work. She's actually putting the pieces together faster than Anna and even Robert (who's been a bit distracted recently). And as Mayor, she actually has the power and resources needed to make things happen. For the most part, Laura has been giving Anna and Dante their marching orders.

I like the idea of Laura and Kevin as elder statespeople of Port Chuckles. In a perfect world, Monica and Alan should have been the linear successors to Steve and Audrey in that regard, but that was never in the stars. There was a time in the early 2000s when the show-runners were trying to position Luke and Laura in the role, an idea that clearly wasn't  sustainable...

Laura and Kevin (characters roughly my own age) are at a place in their lives where red-hot Monkey sex no longer tops the list of priorities, IMO. They have love, mutual respect, and trust...as you move towards (or past) the big 60 you're pretty much ecstatic with those things, I think.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

(I still have the feeling that Chet is not the person she was texting with though.)

I hope we don't get a story where she gets beaten up because she's trans. I know she emphasized she and the guy had told each other everything, but this show isn't sensitive, as you noted, @statsgirl.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I supposed to not be rooting for whoever or whatever is setting out to eliminate every remnant of Franco, and Franco and Liz's relationship?

I can't root for this because of how it's being done. I also object on the general principle that past relationships have to be completely obliterated to make the current one work. People have histories. Some of the current writers are responsible for those histories. Acknowledge them and move on. That's one of the things I like about Laura and Kevin—they know their place in each other's life and are fine with it. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't root for this because of how it's being done. I also object on the general principle that past relationships have to be completely obliterated to make the current one work. 

Oh, I couldn't care less about Liz and Dr. Michael Easton, I just hated Franco and hated his relationship with Liz so I'm fine with him being wiped out.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

, I just hated Franco and hated his relationship with Liz so I'm fine with him being wiped out.

I hated Franco/Liz so much. I found every part of that relationship offensive.

I have no interest in a Liz Is Secretly Crazy story, however. I've suspected it was Jake doing all the shit from the beginning and I'm still hoping that's how it works out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

@GHSCORPIOSRULE - I think you're somewhat of a GH "older timer" like me, but I seem to recall that Robert and Laura had a brief fling sometime around the "Ice Princess" S/L. I was still in high school back then (!) so I missed most of it. Didn't seem to last very long though.  Your comment reminds me of ill-conceived the brief Luke/Anna relationship was.

Laura Weber Spencer Collins has quickly become the MVP of the Petah-Bailey Lou S/L. As another poster said, it's a beautiful thing to watch her mind work. She's actually putting the pieces together faster than Anna and even Robert (who's been a bit distracted recently). And as Mayor, she actually has the power and resources needed to make things happen. For the most part, Laura has been giving Anna and Dante their marching orders.

I like the idea of Laura and Kevin as elder statespeople of Port Chuckles. In a perfect world, Monica and Alan should have been the linear successors to Steve and Audrey in that regard, but that was never in the stars. There was a time in the early 2000s when the show-runners were trying to position Luke and Laura in the role, an idea that clearly wasn't  sustainable...

Laura and Kevin (characters roughly my own age) are at a place in their lives where red-hot Monkey sex no longer tops the list of priorities, IMO. They have love, mutual respect, and trust...as you move towards (or past) the big 60 you're pretty much ecstatic with those things, I think.

I agree it should've been Alan/Monica in their own unconventional way but Kevin/Laura work as well.

Robert/Laura were never an actual fling(they pretended they were to make Luke jealous) although Robert would be a serious upgrade to Luke.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I hated Franco/Liz so much. I found every part of that relationship offensive.

I have no interest in a Liz Is Secretly Crazy story, however. I've suspected it was Jake doing all the shit from the beginning and I'm still hoping that's how it works out.

I would be fine if its Heather Webber gaslighting Liz tbh

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Laura and Kevin need to have some great passion; sometimes comfortable  companionship is enough. With their romantic histories, it's probably something of a relief, heh. I agree there isn't much force behind the pairing. But does any couple on the show have that? I can't think of one.

I just think with a character like Laura you deserve a bigger, better pairing than a couple that feels (to me) thrown together to shut the actor up and keep the show peppy and cheap. They invested hard in Luke and Tracy, for better or worse, and Tracy was a major power character at the time. Laura deserves at least that and with Kevin, I love him but that's not it. I also think Kevin and Lucy are the true rooting value there above all. JMO. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I nap a lot. What's going on with Liz?  I aw her rip up a dress, but I'm puzzled.

Someone has been defacing Franco's paintings and now her wedding dress. She's  also referenced being tired, etc. Some of us are worried we're in for a Liz mental illness story.

All soaps DO need a matriarch/patriarch and Kevin and Laura could fill that role. But GH is unlike other soaps which are more built around core families than the workplace. GH has usually had a hero more than a patriarch/matriarch, starting with Steve Hardy, then Jeff, then Luke, then a succession of Frisco, Robert, Anna, then Luke and Laura again. What has felt so off to me these past several years is that slot was filled by the unholy trinity who were never actually heroic.

Now Laura, since she has fingers in so many plots, is finally filling that void somewhat, as is Anna. At least that's what it seems like to me with my limited time back. And it's why I am actually excited to be back watching.

I have no illusions we are free from CarSon. But they finally feel like the B story, not the A story. At least that's my hope.

ETA @jsbt I've made peace with peppy and cheap since ladies cooking sausages didnt just almost tie us but instead replaced AMC. And I concede all your points. But after all the crap TPTB have done for Mo, Geary, and Burton, Genie should get her flowers. I also think her story instincts have always been better and less ego centric than any of those dudes. She's not throwing tantrums trying to be an action star or begging for more grimdark emmy reels. She wants Laura to be tough and funny and to work with a good dude. I can settle for that.

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Love 7

I think Genie should get her flowers. I just don't think the way the show handles Laura today is the full treatment there. I think even now at times it's halfhearted at best, because Frank had to be forced more than once to put her on contract. He prefers to relegate most vets to recurring and his whims. And I think a real investment would be a new leading man all hers that fully excites the audience and is a mover and shaker in active story, a la Luke or in the past, Tracy or Scorpio. Kevin and Laura is cozy and sweet for some people and for the actors, it makes Genie reasonably happy and that's fine, but it's just not what I'd do. That's why I suggested forcing her to marry Victor - while that would not be a viable romance, the actors are very active in story, Charles Shaughnessy is a lot of fun and you'd get a lot of story and action centering Laura around it (and watching them spar constantly would be a blast). Most of what Kevin and Laura do is react to other people or watch as other people handle their problems around town. I don't believe Laura should be relegated to that when Sonny still isn't.

I do think MEK as her brother has a lot of potential and I do like him with Lynn Herring. I just wouldn't have that last forever. And FWIW, what I had in mind would keep Kevin in the picture for some time before transitioning her to a new man and him back to Lucy, but that's another topic (maybe I'll do the Wishlist thread).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

My perspective is pretty skewed to this recent Louise story where Laura has been pretty active as well as youtube playlists of previous recent Laura story. I agree that I want her mixing it up with Mr. Sheffield as much as possible either as antagonists or unlikely allies. But I'm less interested in a new love interest as I am some sort of major foil. To speak in OLTL, I think she needs a Dorian more than a Ben or a Charlie.

But really I'm down with whatever on the romance front as long as this characterization of her stays. She's played victim and wounded enough. Bring on the mama bear strength and sense of humor. 

• Love 9

I jumped off the barge once Jason was gone, so I've been watching again. I like Kevin and Laura together, sometimes marriage is a "Do I need to pick up celery from the grocery store and did you put gas in the car?" situation and I would much rather see Laura in a situation like that than with Luke "Yeah I slept with hookers, I slept with hookers all the time! Domestic life was boring!" Spencer. I really don't think I would have ever come back to the show if TG and his horrible haircuts were still eating the sets for Monica's house.     

• Love 7

I always wanted Scott/Laura to work out after LL imploded, and I was annoyed that they dropped that so clumsily.  From what I remember, Scott/Laura were a couple offscreen for quite a long time only to come to town, get married, and then divorce almost immediately, and it wasn't well done.

But, I do like Laura with Kevin, and I do like that they made the last Kevin/Lucy breakup as much about him being a shitty partner as about her eventually cheating on him.  Not as an excuse.  It also tied neatly to his "hey, lets keep Ryan in a mental hospital and tell NO ONE" dumbassery.

ETA: and now that I remember that Scott and Kevin have shared 3 wives already I'm becoming concerned they will turn out to be related.  And what might happen if Scott and Dr. O. hit the skids.

Edited by ouinason
Lightbulb moment.
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

That's why I suggested forcing her to marry Victor - while that would not be a viable romance, the actors are very active in story, Charles Shaughnessy is a lot of fun and you'd get a lot of story and action centering Laura around it (and watching them spar constantly would be a blast).

I think they could still do this, but of course giving Laura a real A story will never happen. And maybe GF doesn't want the workload. I'm just happy to see a Laura onscreen who has agency and isn't a wig on a stick.

This fakakta show has reset my standards to impossibly low.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

I just think with a character like Laura you deserve a bigger, better pairing than a couple that feels (to me) thrown together to shut the actor up and keep the show peppy and cheap. They invested hard in Luke and Tracy, for better or worse, and Tracy was a major power character at the time. Laura deserves at least that and with Kevin, I love him but that's not it. I also think Kevin and Lucy are the true rooting value there above all. JMO. 

I think Kevin/Lucy are the better couple but at the same time that also felt one sided because Lucy would always go to Scott. Kevin shouldn't be second best in a pairing and with Laura he surprisingly is not. I am surprised they chose Kevin for Laura instead of Scott(seemed like the obvious choice considering). As well as the show not revisiting Scott/Lucy again since their affair. I wouldn't mind Robert/Laura(if Holly is never coming back) they have tons of history, look good together and provide each other excitement and stability at the same time.

I would've been fine with Laura not having a love interest tbh and just focus on her family she never really needed a man despite the fact she was part of the most famous pairing in soap opera history.  

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

They mostly use Scott for comedy these days which is why it works well with Obrecht.

We just had a MOC where the partners started out hating each other and then it turned to respect and eventually love -- Ava and Nik. And it worked because both participants were grey, capable of bad acts but with large measures of caring and some fairness.

I understand the desire to give Lauraa story with some fireworks but I can't see an MOC between her and Victor as anything more than brief because she is mostly good and he is all black albeit amusing. It would be short term gain with longterm story pain.

• Love 6

I like Laura with Kevin for the same reason I like Liz with Finn. It’s nice to have some couples who have mutually respectful, adult relationships, as opposed to the typical cheating and failed communication of most soap couples.

But whereas Liz and Finn still get to have romantic, sexy times (maybe because they’re new?) Laura and Kevin are mostly seen as having a staid, peck-on-the-lips type of marriage. Keep them together, but spice it up! Let them have some sparks! Committed does not have to equal boring.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

I jumped off the barge once Jason was gone, so I've been watching again. I like Kevin and Laura together, sometimes marriage is a "Do I need to pick up celery from the grocery store and did you put gas in the car?" situation and I would much rather see Laura in a situation like that than with Luke "Yeah I slept with hookers, I slept with hookers all the time! Domestic life was boring!" Spencer. I really don't think I would have ever come back to the show if TG and his horrible haircuts were still eating the sets for Monica's house.     

Yikes - I had forgotten about Geary and that crapola. Really sad. Talking about biting the hand that feeds you. If not for GH his whole career would have consisted of bit parts on old ABC detective shows and whatnot.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But whereas Liz and Finn still get to have romantic, sexy times (maybe because they’re new?) Laura and Kevin are mostly seen as having a staid, peck-on-the-lips type of marriage. 

Laura and Kevin are still doing the deed. We're just not seeing it on the screen. When she got back in town recently, Kevin convinced her to go home so he could greet her properly, and she took off pretty quickly. When we next saw them, they were referring to her homecoming celebration. 

Personally, I'm a strong believer is less is more. I'd rather see a fade to black almost any day than watch, say, Cam and Joss, or Sonny and anyone get more . . . specific.

Edited by rur
  • Love 9
On 2/11/2022 at 11:08 PM, nilyank said:

Except as shown with Charlotte and Sasha,  Nina doesn't understand boundaries and had a clear case of babies rabies. Carly has been involved and loved Avery since the moment that she came to live with her and Sonny. Nina stole Avery from Ava and ran off with her moments after Ava gave birth. It makes no sense for Ava to ever be more comfortable with Nina around Avery than Carly.

Sure it does.  Carly is a loud, shrill, vindictive, loud, controlling bitch who absolutely despises Ava.  For whatever her faults, Nina is nothing like that, and has an amicable relationship.  So maneuvering Nina to break up CarSon and maybe even end up with NiSon is to her benefit.

Seriously, if you had to deal with Carly or Nina all the time, who would you pick?

• Love 8

Why doesn’t Laura kick Esme out? It’s not her responsibility to house her grandson’s adult gf whose she only recently met and sounds like Esme is a terrible houseguest to boot. I don’t believe that she actually has a trust fund that she even can’t access for housing funds but if she’s that broke and unable to support herself, she could just return home instead of relying on Spencer’s family. Also, that pic gave Spencer was creepy looking. Not sure if that’s what they were going for but it was weird.

Felix mentioning his sister Taylor might mean that TJ/Molly are getting angst. Taylor and TJ slept together during a short break up years ago for those few months they attempted a teen scene around TJ/Molly. Hopefully it’s better than that mess with Brando. This is probably an UO but I like seeing TJ/Molly and wish they wrote more for them compared to the other 20-something pairings so hopefully it means something. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

Why doesn’t Laura kick Esme out? It’s not her responsibility to house her grandson’s adult gf whose she only recently met and sounds like Esme is a terrible houseguest to boot.

Kicking out Esmé would cause problems with Spencer, I imagine, so it's easier to keep the peace. Though I think Laura could be a little tougher with Esmé.

Felix, why do you care what's going on with Carly? Ugh.

And another Ugh for Nina being overly solicitous to Sonny. Who cares what he wants? Stay at Charlie's, lady! Let Sonny leave if he's so put out.

I don't like the new opening music at all.

• Love 3

Today's Show

Carly is sighing at her ring. Felix? (I think it's Felix)  shows up. hugs. and he drew the "listening to Carly bitch about Sonny" straw. He wants to take Carly out to the Savoy. 

Carly.. is wearing like a bathrobe dress? and they enter the savoy. Felix and Carly snarl at Brad and Britt getting happily drunk and they go "I won't be run off." Carly agrees and she sneers "but i can't say they won't be trouble." 

TJ/Molly wish Jordan happy love day. TJ wants to know when Jordan is coming back. (sooner than later apparently). They are going to have sexy times in the metrocourt 

Brit and Brad show up at the Savoy. Britt doesn't know if she should really be doing this since Maxie is gone with Peter. Brad is like we can't do anything about it, let's get drunk. LOL Brad is drunk so he is not worried about Auntie Woo (esp. because she's out of town). They see Carly. Brad is like i saw Carly. And so now. Carly and Felix rain on their parade. Carly snarks at them. Britt just waves them off, and goes. "We are at the SAVOY. not the METROCOURT." Felix snarks that Brad got off easy. (who the hell asked you?). Anyway now Brad wants talk to Felix and takes him aside. Britt goes. "now there are two." Britt drunkenly says we are here together instead of the men we we love. We see that Carly took off her ring. Happy Love day to US! Crows Carly. 

They talk about Jason, and then Britt's like whatever LET'S GET DRUNK!  Britt looks at Brad and Felix talking still and goes "WHAT'S TAKING THEM SO LONG?" Carly goes "who cares as long as Brad stays away from me and my family I don't care." Britt drunkenly goes "Yah and if Brad doesn't cross the street fast enough to your liking, Michael can call his political friends and invent charges." Omg I died. 

Carly sobers up real quick and goes "you wanna go there? Peter, Lisel, Faison not to mention..." Britt goes "ME!" Carly goes "No. Nina." anyway Britt goes let's not fight, let's DRINK!

Brad apologizes to Felix. Felix goes i can't believe i'm saying this. Don't beat yourself up, make the most of your chance.. Brad goes his life isn't his own at the moment.  Felix is like your parole officer? Brad tries to dance around the topic. Felix is like you can't be a lab tech but find a new passion. (so why exactly can't Brad be a lab tech?)

Laura and Kevin are like what should we do? Order Peruvian food? Kevin goes what about Esme? Laura finds something and she's like, Well Esme is off breaking rules. It's just her painting her nails on the couch. IT drives Laura cray cray and she thinks Esme has no etiquette or entitlement. She's working Laura's nerves. Kevin defends her. Laura goes True - but she's still a brat hahaah. Kevin says I'll talk to Esme. Laura goes there will be a reward. They promise sexytime later. Laura calls Trina and asks her to come over. Trina is like. ehhh... okay. 

Trina shows up freaking out about Spencer. Laura apologizes for freaking her out. She only called Trina because Spencer got Trina a love day present. Trina freaks out over a book that Spencer got (he remembered. It's Molyaneux or however you spell it). Laura is like that's totally Spencer. Super sweetie when he's not a brat LOL. Trina says she hopes that Spencer got the stuff he really needs. (not the stuff Esme brought him, but music, art, books). Laura is like I am so glad Spencer has you..... (And Esme walks in, deploying a smile). 

Esme sneaks up on Spencer in babyjail. Spencer freaks out which causes Esme to be all karate stance lol. Spencer goes don't sneak up on people in babyjail! Esme goes sorry and gives him nekkid pics. Spencer goes happy love day to me! Esme says since no sexytimes in babyjail use the the pictures. Spencer got Esme french peonies. 

Esme brings Spencer a care package. Spencer is like. "did you get my headphones?" Esme goes I haven't gone back to the cabin i've been too busy worrying about you going to BABY JAIL. Spencer goes "has anyone asked after me? have you seen them." Esme goes nope and nope your friends suck. 

Esme and Spencer fight over Team Joamrina. Esme is like whatever. I'm leaving. She wants to go see Ryan but finds out she can't (ever). She is pissed and goes "BY WHOM?" Kevin goes. BY ME. 

Both of them are like. YOU are here didn't expect to see you after hours. Esme is all "I pulled a few strings." Kevin is all "we'll address that LATER, but why do you wanna see Ryan after I warned you not to?" Spencer is like what's wrong, and Kevin tells him and Spencer is like "Why you wanna see that psycho?"

Esme goes i wanna see Ryan for class. Then she goes Mental Illness is not a joke. AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME OR MY INTERESTS and she storms off. Spencer is legit "What did I do? I just wanna protect her from that kook." Kevin goes Esme feels she can take care of herself. But can you? Kevin asks Spencer. 

Terry sees Chets teal shirt. She goes she's not disappointed. Chet goes. Me either!! Terry is blathering to Chet. Chet is like, I'm not the guy you are looking for. Someone hawt shows up and goes "Terry?" (Choose THE SECOND GUY! HE IS HAWT!) 

Actually. Hawt guy is.... weird. anyway. Terry is staring at Chet. Chet is just listening to Hawt Weird Guy blather how he doesn't vibe to society's exceptions and crap. 

Now Terry and HawtWeird Guy are fighting about science and mysticism. (like... this is the stupidest crap ever. this would have been EVIDENT if they were chatting online as Terry said. were they like sexting and not chatting? anyway). Terry gets a shot in about HawtWeirdGuy's hairplugs and wants another drink. Chet has finally had enough and  says he can't let this happen anymore. 

HawtWeirdGuy is like "the hell are you?" Chet goes "Her boyfriend." Terry is like. "baby I'll always come back to you!". HawtWeirdGuy is like "this is SO NOT A MATCH" and storms off. Chet and Terry share names and Chet goes to get them drinks. Terry looks smitten.

Nik shows up and Ava is all "hi my love!" Nik is like why are you so happy. Ava is all. CARLY AND SONNY'S MARRIAGE IS OVER HAPPY LOVE DAY!!!! (with a huge grin). hahahahahahahaa Maura West is awesome. 

Anyway, Ava is all "this is great! How will Sonny look as custodial parent when his marriage is imploding because he can't keep it in his pants! We can get Avery!" Nik's like. meh.  Nik is like, this is basically about Carly getting screwed and getting off on that? Ava's like well.... no me being happy over someone else's pain?  Carly and I.... we're in a better place. Nik is like. come on, Ava (as he's eating strawberries).  Ava giggles and goes "Alright! but it's karmic justice. Do you know how much CRAP i took from that woman? Those two are insufferable. They gatekeep my time with Avery, give me crumbs and expect me to be grateful. Maligning our marriage every chance they get." Nik goes. "but here we are stronger than ever." and Ava goes "while their love story crumbles to dust."

Nik goes can anyone really find happiness with Sonny? Ava's like well... last year I would have said no. but Nina made him be more human. Nik goes well i guess when you find your true mate... Ava goes yeah. And then tells Nik how open, and freeing she is with him. Nik teases her, but says the same sweet things back to her. Ava giggles "people said we wouldn't last." Nik goes who cares. We know the truth. Us, and our love vs. the world. They deploy ILY's and kiss. Now Nik gives Ava a gift. Ava loves it. 

Sonny is getting drunk. Nina is all where's Phyllis? Can I do anything? Sonny is like you've done enough. Nina is like fine i'll go... is that what you want sonny? (Nina girl. stop. let him come to you). Boring  snoring Carly talk. Nina says give Carly time. Sonny stutters BIG TIME about how Carly didn't need time when she saw us in the you know (makes hand gestures).. anyway he finally gets out that Carly is divorcing him. Nina gasps. 

Sonny infodumps Nina. Sonny wants to know what Nina thinks. Nina is like i don't have anything to say, I can't be objective dumbass i have a vested interest, DUH. (Nina says this nicer of course). Chet talks to Sonny. This is so boring. anyway Nina tells sonny she doesn't regret her sleeping with him. same ole circular conversation. I'm tired of recapping this crap. Basically Sonny is all "there's no competition between you and carly." Honestly. just skip this bit. 

------------

Esme looks pissed. "Everywhere I go. There you are!" Trina is like. not anymore. I'm gone. Laura is like I really liked talking to you. . Trina is like bye. Laura gives Esme her nail polish. Laura asks about Spencer. Esme goes we're going to be okay. I have to turn in. I have an important errand tomorrow. (to get the sex tape/phone).

Terry and Chet bond over drinks and eye flirt.

Molly and TJ are going to have sexytimes.

Wow. Nik and Ava are having sexytimes (the present were red bedties LOL).

Felix tells Brad that Lucas wants Brad to buiild a new life. (We can't have LUCAS tell Brad this?)

Nina and Sonny bore me. She wants the best for Sonny and happiness, luck and love. Sonny goes if Carly moves forward with this, i'm not having it. It's over. Nina isn't leaving now. Again. bores me. Sonny dismisses her. Nina leaves. Sonny rips up a heart that says bye bye love.

Show Ends

FYI new Credits include Jasonlite, Esme and Spencer. and a new rift on the song. (I miss the old old song but ah well)

• Love 7

Ugh, fuckin' Felix.  Bringing him in to buck up Carly and be a judgemental prick to Brad was a reminder of how much I did not miss him.  And why are we hearing him speak for Lucas instead of seeing Lucas himself?  So stupid!

And nooo to Britt and Carly being friends, you guys, just no.

ETA...and I also thought we agreed to forget Felix's stupid sister even existed.  And if she's in town, why isn't Felix hanging out with her?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(so why exactly can't Brad be a lab tech?)

IRL, he's got some integrity issues, but on this fakakta show, stealing a Corinthos baby is the worst possible crime.

They gatekeep my time with Avery, give me crumbs and expect me to be grateful.

So sue for physical custody, Ava. I have no sympathy for her when it comes to this. Ava hasn't exactly been proactive to get Avery living with her. And really, using Sonny's infidelity against him? Don't get too smug there, Ava.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

moment.  Felix is like your parole officer? Brad tries to dance around the topic. Felix is like you can't be a lab tech but find a new passion. (so why exactly can't Brad be a lab tech?)

I think Brad said a few episodes back that it’s because of his felony. Which might be realistic but this show is full of felons who are in much more sensitive and higher paying jobs than a hospital lab tech so I hate when they randomly single characters out like that. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So sue for physical custody, Ava. I have no sympathy for her when it comes to this. Ava hasn't exactly been proactive to get Avery living with her. And really, using Sonny's infidelity against him? Don't get too smug there, Ava.

she did mention court. so it makes me believe that she's trying to avoid court (for whatever reason)  - probably just doesn't want to put Avery through that?  (I can sort of see her play being Nina gets with Sonny, and then Nina butters up Sonny for Ava?). but the conversation was very much "we are stable, and Sonny is a piece of cheating doodoo, and the court will see that."

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think Brad said a few episodes back that it’s because of his felony. Which might be realistic but this show is full of felons who are in much more sensitive and higher paying jobs than a hospital lab tech so I hate when they randomly single characters out like that. 

ah yeah. that sounds slightly familiar. thanks :)
(and yeah). like. make it hard for him to find a job but I'm pretty sure even as a felon he could be a lab tech somewhere

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Carly's outfit is short enough it looks as if she forgot to wear pants.

Drunk!Britt is pretty funny. Lay those snarky comments on Carly like there's no tomorrow!

Since when did Chet start running Sonny's gym?

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

she did mention court. so it makes me believe that she's trying to avoid court (for whatever reason)  - probably just doesn't want to put Avery through that?  (I can sort of see her play being Nina gets with Sonny, and then Nina butters up Sonny for Ava?). but the conversation was very much "we are stable, and Sonny is a piece of cheating doodoo, and the court will see that."

I know, but it's not as if Ava has fought tooth and nail to get Avery living with her, court or not. She's dropped the ball there. I wish she'd admit that. It would make her indignation a little easier to take, at least for me. Though I'm loving the glee she's taking in Sonny and Carly's problems. It's nice someone is!

23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

She is pissed and goes "BY WHOM?"

I'm not a giant Esmé fan, but anyone who uses proper grammar gets a thumb's up for that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought they were taking an awfully long time to add Spencer to the lineup.

mhm. but there he was :)
also mistah sheffield was in there

i hate the song. 

• Love 4

As if Esme would do her own nails.

Sorry but as Chief of Staff, not a good idea for Britt to be out in public pounding shots. 

And that sure was a lot of shots.

I loved seeing Terry light up with Chad. That felt real.

Why does Sonny say "dee-vorce" like that? Annoying.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I can't even remember Felix's sister. Was she ever on screen or only mentioned? Because I do remember the name.

Also, Felix gets pulled out of the closet when a Corinthos is going through some sort of existential crisis is peak Corinthos. The guy is a nurse, showing him in the background at the hospital every now and then wouldn't seem like he's there only to service the cabbage for brains clan.

Ava's glee at Carly's marriage tanking is me, at Carly experiencing any sort of misery, but her ass has been unleashed because now she's fluttering from one character to the other. I didn't even mind her scenes with Britt, but I just can't stand Carly and how she's everyfuckingwhere.

Hey, let's pull TJ and Molly out of the mothballs and show them for 5 seconds on Valentine's Day. 

I didn't hate Terri and Chet's scenes, tbh, but he's not very good at acting.

Esme really hates Trina, doesn't she.

Great, more Carly tomorrow, talking about her divorce. We should start a drinking game, call it drink in the afternoon, and drink every time Carly and Sonny find a new person to bitch to about their marriage or every time Nina gets all I don't wanna be a problem for you. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't even remember Felix's sister. Was she ever on screen or only mentioned? Because I do remember the name.

She was on screen for a summer.  She and TJ had a ONS when he and Molly were broken up (I think--I think that's when Rafe was around and she was befriending him a lot).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Great, more Carly tomorrow, talking about her divorce. We should start a drinking game, call it drink in the afternoon, and drink every time Carly and Sonny find a new person to bitch to about their marriage or every time Nina gets all I don't wanna be a problem for you. 

i recap this. do you want me to die before the 2nd commercial break?

• LOL 15
39 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I thought they were taking an awfully long time to add Spencer to the lineup.

It seems to depend on how many people need to be added—and, likely, the importance of the actor. They'll add a big name a lot faster than a newbie like Nicholas Chavez, if he's the only one to add at the time.

At the rate things are going, you'd be lucky to make it to the 2nd commercial break.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She was on screen for a summer.  She and TJ had a ONS when he and Molly were broken up (I think--I think that's when Rafe was around and she was befriending him a lot).  

I don't think TJ ever had a ONS. And I don't even remember Rafe. I know the name, cannot for the life of me remember the character.

12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sorry, man. But death does bring relief, so all will not be lost. Just so you know, Sonny is going to make the divorce ugly. I think Carly might be bitching to the mother she ignored for I don't know how long when she was trying to contact her to tell her that her brother died. 

I'm not keeping count.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think TJ ever had a ONS. And I don't even remember Rafe. I know the name, cannot for the life of me remember the character.

It happened in 2013.  Rafe was Silas's nephew:

Since prom got cancelled, Molly and Rafe decide to go to the park and spend some time together before Rafe has to leave. They start slow dancing and the two share a goodbye kiss which, unbeknownst to them, T.J. witnesses the kiss and thinks the two are together and ends up sleeping with Taylor. Rafe ends up staying in Port Charles with Sam after his uncle takes a job at General Hospital. Molly finds that T.J. slept with Taylor and is very upset. In September 2013, Molly gets back together with her boyfriend T.J. Ashford after being broken up for nearly four months. This upsets Taylor and Rafe and they end up scheming together to try to come between them and announce to Molly and T.J. that they are dating.

Ugh, Rafe. Constantly called Sam's son "Danny boy," which drove me nuts. He was a legacy character—his grandmother was Amanda Barrington; his mother was Alison Barrington—but he might as well have been Random Teen Boy for all that mattered.

• Love 1