Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I wasn't watching at the time, but didn't they get into a physical fight at one point.

I don't remember, because my brain does this great thing where it blocks things or promptly forgets about them, but a physical altercation is hardly "surviving Nelle."

I'd like to say that Joss is completely out of her depth with Esme because girlfriend looks like she eats tiny cows like Joss for breakfast, but this is Joss, so I'm sure that she'll manage to get the upper hand. Somehow. Because she's so smart and also Carly's daughter with all the Cujo qualities /s that go with that.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't remember, because my brain does this great thing where it blocks things or promptly forgets about them, but a physical altercation is hardly "surviving Nelle."

I'd like to say that Joss is completely out of her depth with Esme because girlfriend looks like she eats tiny cows like Joss for breakfast, but this is Joss, so I'm sure that she'll manage to get the upper hand. Somehow. Because she's so smart and also Carly's daughter with all the Cujo qualities /s that go with that.

Yeah, they got in a fight on the docks--nothing all that major but of course everyone in Joss's sphere made a huge deal out of bad Nelle hurting her.

BTW, given this is a show with hospital in its name, we never hear boo about Cujo Jr and her transplanted kidney.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

it wasn't Nina's problem

Had Nina not stayed for six (not nine, Show!) months, I'd agree. But she didn't just pass through Nixon Falls, and staying for so long did make it her problem, IMO.

Nina could have said to Mike, "Hey, I know you. You're Sonny Corinthos and you live in Port Charles, New York. Your family thinks you're dead. Want me to call them/give you their phone number?"  But she did absolutely nothing. She didn't even discuss it with Phyllis.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone refresh my memory. Joss's whole "I survived Nelle" bit. Nelle never did anything to Joss, she tried to manipulate her as far as I can remember, but she never tried to harm her, right? 

Also, how neat of the writers to give Joss a storyline that should be Trina's instead. I'm offended on her behalf.

Nelle, using manipulation tactics, had more or less convinced Joss that Carly was mentally unhinged and had indeed tried to kill her by shoving her down the stairs at the Q mansion during the (Wiley) baby shower. Joss and Nelle were close-ish after Joss found out she got the kidney that saved her life from Nelle. Yes, Nelle and Joss got into a physical fight on the docks. Nelle was all "you're supposed to be my sister [because of my relationship with Michael/our kid] but you're an ungrateful brat" and Joss was furious upon realizing she'd been used as well as hearing what other stuff Nelle had done to hurt her family. 

I liked seeing Cam and Spencer have a real one-on-one conversation.  Spencer's "poster boy for a good son" line was the first time he's ever said something nice to or about Cam, as far as I know. 

I also had a "WTH?" reaction to Spencer telling Esme that Uncle Sonny and Avery adore each other.  He previously said during a poolside scene he would like to meet Avery. So he's never seen Sonny and Avery together, how would he know?  Unless he's been in touch with Sonny over the years (I didn't get that impression) and Sonny talked about his relationship with his daughter. 

I am looking forward to Carly's head exploding at the "Sonny with amnesia and Nina fell in love" news.  She was already 1) crying and angry at the hint that there was something between him and Nina/that "Mike" was happy in a different life and 2) devastated that her "loving relationship with Jason" got cut short - it was not even an entire day. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I also had a "WTH?" reaction to Spencer telling Esme that Uncle Sonny and Avery adore each other.  He previously said during a poolside scene he would like to meet Avery. So he's never seen Sonny and Avery together, how would he know?  Unless he's been in touch with Sonny over the years (I didn't get that impression) and Sonny talked about his relationship with his daughter.

This seems like more of the blowing smoke that we've been getting since Sonny fell off the bridge trying to murder Julian. Of course 'Uncle Sonny', who absolved Spencer from any wrongdoing in rigging the election, would believe  that Sonny and Avery adore each other.

Joss and Nelle did get into one physical fight but I see "I survived Nelle" more as Joss channeling Carly to whom any opposition from someone other than Sonny or Jason is an injury that is inexcusable and therefore must be crushed.

Jason and Sonny have created a monster in Carly by excusing and justifying her worst behaviour and she's passing it on to her children. She is someone who shouldn't be allowed to raise children unsupervised.   #saveAvery.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I am looking forward to Carly's head exploding at the "Sonny with amnesia and Nina fell in love" news.  She was already 1) crying and angry at the hint that there was something between him and Nina/that "Mike" was happy in a different life and 2) devastated that her "loving relationship with Jason" got cut short - it was not even an entire day. 

There's really nothing wrong with Carly getting kicked in the teeth repeatedly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

six (not nine, Show!) months

I'm yelling this at the scene any time anyone says nine months.  "You knew for months" should be what they're saying.  They're all acting like she pulled him out of the river herself.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm yelling this at the scream any time anyone says nine months.  "You knew for months" should be what they're saying.  They're all acting like she pulled him out of the river herself.

they might retcon it and make it so she did lol

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Maxie betrayed Nina per se because other people knew and she was trying to advocate for her, but it was unnecessary. Maxie should know that Carly doesn't give a fuck about what Maxie thinks (the one thing I can't blame Carly for). It was just Maxie being an idiot, same shit different day.

I definitely don't believe Maxie's intentions were at all malicious towards Nina, but it was an idiotic move by her (and the writers.) It still wasn't her place, but I could give her more slack if I thought she was doing it to make things easier for Nina and act as a go-between, but she told Carly she was telling her because she thought Carly had the right to know. But that wasn't necessary. She had to know either Nina or Sonny would tell Carly soon enough. I get that Nina has had a shaky relationship with the truth lately, but she gave Maxie no indication that she was planning on taking this secret to her grave. 

And at least give Nina a warning after you've spilled the beans and sicced a rottweiler on her. 

I have a lot of issues with Joss lately and intensely dislike her most of the time, but I thought her "I survived Nelle" line was fairly accurate. It wasn't just about the fight, though from what I recall of it, the fight was badly choreographed - but intense. It wasn't just a shove here or one slap. Knowing what a sociopath Nelle was if she had gotten the upper head she would have killed Joss without thinking twice about it. And, there was also the months of successful manipulation Nelle pulled on her. I think it's Carly levels of hubris though to assume she can survive Esme, who as Trina pointed out she doesn't know or know what she's capable of, just because she survived Nelle.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, they got in a fight on the docks--nothing all that major but of course everyone in Joss's sphere made a huge deal out of bad Nelle hurting her.

At least in this one instance, I can't really blame them. Joss was underage at the time and Nelle was an adult. I can't remember who hit first, but when you're an adult you shouldn't put your hands on a kid or get into a knock down, drag out fight with them. Especially since Nelle was only mad because Joss finally realized what a liar she was and called her out on it.

38 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

At least in this one instance, I can't really blame them. Joss was underage at the time and Nelle was an adult. I can't remember who hit first, but when you're an adult you shouldn't put your hands on a kid or get into a knock down, drag out fight with them. Especially since Nelle was only mad because Joss finally realized what a liar she was and called her out on it.

I wasn’t watching live when that fight aired but was there any backlash from it? I can’t recall any other instance of an adult having a knock down, drag out fight with a 14 year old and no one having an issue with it. The only thing I could say that maybe would have gotten it a pass is that EMc looked older than her age and CL looks younger so they looked like peers and not like they had a 10 year age difference. Idk still a weird scene for me though

Edited by ffwbe
3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I wasn’t watching live when that fight aired but was there any backlash from it. I can’t recall any other instance of an adult having a knock down, drag out fight with a 14 year old and no one having an issue with it. The only thing I could say that maybe would have gotten it a pass is that EMc looked older than her age and CL looks younger so they looked like peers and not like they had a 10 year age difference. Idk still a weird scene for me though

I don't remember any backlash from it. The main GH board I visit is here, and occasionally I'll look at TW. I think it's possible they got away with it, because - like you said - CL didn't look that much older than EM. It might have been different if it was an older (or older looking)  adult, like Harmony or Ava or something. Also, GH probably thought it was no big deal because Joss "won" the fight. I don't remember if she had any bruises or anything like that afterward and she didn't end up in the hospital like Willow.

Today's Journey
i'm feeling really sick today. so sorry if it's sloppier than usual.

Q's
Carly is saying she knew. And we got married and she knew. Jason is like she can't be the victim since she needs to suffer. Let people poop on her. carly agrees. Jason is basically I don't believe you. Carly is like I can't be the bad guy, i guess. Now Carly is crying that Joss is confused. Carly is still omg can you believe that Nina knew? She promises she won't go near Nina. Ned sees Carly storm off and asked what happened.

Jason fills in Ned. Ned is like Michael and WIllow will be mad because they gave Nina time with her grandson that she didn't deserve.  KICK ROCKS. Ned is like you are thrilled. I doubt Monica will be. (about Jason being Sonny's puppy)She'll be kinda happy that y'all aren't married. But sonny is back and Monica loathes him. Jason starts defending sonny and Neds like whatever, he is what he is. His point is, Sonny will be calling the shots and you'lll take all the risks and that must be a nightmare for your mother. Jason looks bored with this conversation. 

Monica doesn't have to worry about me. Ned is like maybe once upon a time, but you are a father now (No he's not. he's a sperm deposit, Ned). Jason lies and says that he would worry about his kids, and Ned goes you'd probably worry more  if they never gave a damn. Jason goes "the work suits me, Sonny is my friend." (yes murdering is great eh?). Ned goes what about your family?

Jax's House
Carly storms to Jax and goes the hell and goes off on him. You conspired with Nina. Jax is like NO. I wasn't part of it. Carly is like YOU KNEW HE WAS THERE. Jax was like no, I had a hunch. I went to check it out. Carly was like THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME JAX? I was getting married Jax was like. um we were fighting a lot so if i told you I thought Sonny was alive, you would have accused me of stopping you of marrying Jason. Carly: because you are trying to control how I want to live my life (as a mob moll, thank you very much!).  Jax's mind is being blown and goes. "in what world does telling you that sonny is alive further my agenda? I don't want you with either of them." Cue righteous bitch face!!

(I'm just putting this out there. I honestly don't understand how people put up with Carly). 

Carly: I love Sonny. I would never have married Jason if i known he was alive. (or admit that she loves Jason or anything like that). Jax: I know. I didn't have time to tell you. Carly: you didn't have TIME TO TELL ME? Jax: look everything i did there was to bring Sonny to you and the family.  Carly: how did you even know he was there. Jax: (deep breath). he mentions Sonny's tomato sauce. Carly looks disgusted and goes "You thought sonny was in a bar in nixon falls making sauce? (well, um Carly, yah that's what he was doing, you dumb cow). Jax: well no , but remember when I got shot? I thought i saw sonny then. Carly: why didn't you tell Josslyn and Me?" Jax with an ugh-oh face. "NIna convinced me i was hallucinating" Carly hisses: because of Nina...  Nina was been lying to you for months! Why aren't you more angry? Jax looks at her like she's lost her damned mind. 

Jax: Nina made the wrong choice with the right intentions. She thought she was protecting Sonny from his old life (MASSIVE RBF going on here btw - I am legit curious how Laura Wright doesn't have a massive jaw ache after every scene). 

Carly: protecting him? (laughs) She's a liar! (and you aren't? asks me). She was doing it it to protect her relationship with Wiley, she still blames me with what happened with Nelle (as she should, you cow), and this is revenge plain and simple. and you know it! Jax:yah I know but i mean isn't it true that he could be safer? I heard that a limo blew up where you got married (Carly snarl face) Carly: are you seriously saying this to me right now? are you kidding? Jax: i'm not talking about Sonny's physical safety. But he was mentally happier and Nina saw that. Carly: so I should go thank nina?!

Jax: look you weren't there. You didn't see his life. It was a simpler life. 
Carly: Stop. you wanted to see what you wanted to see. You hated him for 25 years, and it must have tickled you pink to see him humbled. Jax: are you seriously saying my issues with sonny is about my ego? (Carly laughs and throws her hands in the air.... legit what colour is the sky in her world?). Jax: you know how much I hate how his business puts Joss's life in danger, and his return can amplify that. Carly: no, it makes it safer. Jax: look i gave her an ultimtatium. Carly: yah you trusted the one person who was lying for months. Jax: HE'S HOME! Carly: no thanks to you he remembered on his own while he was burning in a fire. No thanks to you, no thanks to Nina.  Jax is totally over this crap and says "you know what it's your life, do what you want I want no part of it.  Carly looks like wait  you're allowed to not want to orbit my world?

Jax goes, look i played a part in Sonny's return, you are welcome.  Carly goes if you are expecting a thank you, go to hell.  I know what's going on. You want NIna back that's why you are sticking up for her.  Jax laughs, and goes, you know when I told nina she had to come clean and tell Sonny who he was, she accused me of always being Team Carly, so I never win here do i? (he really doesn't. Poor Jax). 

Carly: Poor Jax. you're never gonna get Nina back. 
Jax: yah that's never gonna happen because she moved on. (TELL HER JAX!)  Carly looks disgusted. 

Prison. 

Shawn sets up the checkers, and Alexis is like let me help you find out who killed Haden. They tease how they know the criminal mind. And we get Jordan recap. Alexis is trying to figure everything out connection wise. This is honestly so boring. you're not missing anything here. just recaps. Alexis admits she has a personal connection to Crighton Clark 

We get Victor recap. Hey look Ava shows up. (why isn't she leaving?) Ava wanted to give her goodbye to Ryan and she has a lethal look.

Kevin's Office
Laura is coming home soon. they are having some banters. Ava knocks on his door (then it cut out weird). Kevin is like why don't you stay to say bye to Laura. Ava's like. yah no. it's time to go. She wanted to tell kevin she filed the divorce papers and Avery is "safe with Carly. ahuh."

Ava is concerned about Nik. She hopes Nik + Spencer can get closer. She wants Kevin to watch over Nik so he doesn't get too dark. She admits during the their manipulating they formed a strong bond. She'll miss her life, but this is for the best. She'll be alright. Nik isn't like that. he doesn't know how to compromise/adjust. They hug, and Ava leaves. 

Casmasion
Cam is really concerned. He teases the worst is usually trumping the best of Spencer. But he'll always be there. Spencer says that he's changed. He laments that Trina is another story that she might not understand. Cam says they'll only know what he wants him to know. But the door bell rings. before he says anything. Trina is at the door. Surprise!

Trina and Cam give looks like "dude why are you here?" Spencer is like I'm happy to see you but why are you here? Trina spew the Bora Bora lie and Spencer is like why not go to the airport?

Trina and Cam try to bring back the lie. Spencer gets a call and asks for privacy. Esme is letting him know that she took care of things. Spencer demands what did she do. 

Trina is pissed that Cam didn't leave and they can't prove Spencer is the stalker. Cam is freaking out that Trina showed up period. She had to improvise. Cam said he was going to say something serious but you showed up and blew it up. 

lmao. Sonny shows up with guards. Spencer shows up, and hugs him. BS smoke blowing. Sonny is like. Where's your father. Spencer: probably to Bora Bora. Cam visibly gulps. 

Sonny is all. yay you are graduating. Nik shows up . Everyone looks surprised. Sonny is like I'm glad I caught you before you left. Everyone leave we need to catch up (what is with people ordering people in houses that aren't their own?)

Hospital
Esme tells Sonny that Spencer is is back. Sonny asks if he's in trouble. Esme goes, no, but Nik might be. Joss keeps playing jack in the box with the wall.  Esme tells Sonny that Nik is leaving PC with Ava and they are taking Avery. Sonny laughs and looks pissed. Joss goes "I wish i could hear them." 

Joss snaps a photo. Esme is spewing bull.(about the Bora Bora lie) Sonny was like. you were right to telll me about this. Sonny walks off. Esme looks smug. Joss cues the smug bitch face. Joss is standing there with hands on hips. Esme is saying she lit the match, and the fuse is lit, you might wanna be out of the way in case it blows up at Windemere. Spencer is like what did you do? You're not making me feel better. Esme is  I took care of it, i told you. Kevin leaves the elevator and says HELLO JOSSLYN!. both turn around, and Esme has a "Imma gonna cut you bitch." look on her face (do it, do it Esme). 

BS reasons why they are both in the hospital. Kevin is like we're happy sonny is alive. Esme is talking, and Joss is eyerolling . Kevin doesn't care  about Esme's BS and says, pick your own brain and come to me. He leaves, and Esme goes. "Why were you following me?" Joss: "Why were you talking to Sonny?" (I am team Esme. just saying.)

Esme said we  were talking family business. joss goes "you aren't family." Esme goes "Spencer is." Joss wants toknow how this involves Esme how? Esme goes Sonny has relationships with other people. It's not all about you, and it's not good that you re territorial about your stepdad. Esme goes on to say she's at a loss because she wants to be friends with Trina and joss but they go out of their way to be snots. Why don't you like me? 

Joss goes cut the bull, I'm on to you. And if what you are planning involves my family your feelings is the least of your problems. Esme looks like she wants to cut Joss. (do it Esme). 

Show Ends
Ned says you don't spend time with us but we all care about what happens to you. Jason looks bored. I do take into consideration how you feel. Kinda. (yah stop being a murderer you ass). Jason goes, i'll have to go update Monica. he thanks him for speaking up. Ned goes it's my job to speak for the Q's. Like it or not you are one of us. (No he isn't. not in my books). Jason sighs and goes "i know." 

Esme is like how do you have time worry about me. Since you are obsessed. minding YOUR business is free. Minding MINE will cost you. Joss goes poor spencer, he has no idea who you are.

Ava says I don't know how you managed it but i know you are apart of my stalking. I'm leaving. I'll make it my mission to discover the truth. But you'll RUE the day I return to Port Charles. Shawn and Alexis are like hahaha Ryan is in trouble. (and now back to Drew issues) This is Cassadine business, says Alexis

Jax goes what did Nina tell you about NF? Carly, that she knew that Sonny was there and hid everything? Why. What else doe Nina know? Jax looks hahaha 

Nik goes what do you mean you're glad to catch me? I'm not going anywhere? Sonny nods to his goons. "Not if I have anything to say about it." (hey moron Why not ask Nik. until yesterday you were dead, dumbass. he has the right to take Avery out of the country). 

• Love 9

Of course Sonny is important in the Esme/Spencer reveal. Nothing can happen on this show without Sonny, Carly or Joss involved. Are his goons going to beat up Nikolas now without checking to see whether this total stranger was telling the truth? Sonny is not only a thug, if you added his IQ to Carly's you wouldn't get to 100.

COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOOKING INSIDE! It's the study of memory, sensory, long-term and short-term. Perception, learning disabilities, why our phones numbers are a mazimum of 11 numbers long. Why is Kevin being so stupid, he should have seen through Esme long ago.

I'm glad Alexis is getting involved in the Crichton Clar, story.  It's always nice when the Cassadines are involved in a story and not just the mob.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I found where Moss went to

I don't blame it; I'd do whatever it took to get away from that kitchen.

• Love 6

Shawn - “I’ve worked with criminals for years, not to mention being locked up with them.”

Me - “Not to mention you ARE one.”

Is anyone getting the feeling that Spencer and Esme are just in a relationship of convenience?  They say they are dating but in no way act romantic towards one another, not to mention Spencer’s obvious attraction to Trina.  I think they are just together to further each other’s agendas, although I’m not quite sure what Esme’s agenda is yet.

Aww, Kevin asked Ava who’s going to take care of her.  Normally I would hate that type of thing but it’s sweet coming from Kevin.  I like the friendship between those two.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Monica doesn't have to worry about me. Ned is like maybe once upon a time, but you are a father now (No he's not. he's a sperm deposit, Ned). Jason lies and says that he would worry about his kids

This is a HUGE lie because the Hallowe'en he came back and the boys dressed up as him, Sam asked Jason if it would be okay with him if the boys grew up to be mob enforcers and Jason was all 'yeah, that's totes okay if that's what they want to do'.

2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Shawn - “I’ve worked with criminals for years, not to mention being locked up with them.”

Shawn really thinks that because he worked for Sonny and spent time in jail he knows the criminal mind as well as Alexis, Cassadine and former mob lawyer, does. This episode is overflowing with stupid people.

• Love 7

Oh, this show! It wants me to accept that Sonny is the hero while they march his ass with two thugs to likely beat up Nikolas to teach him a lesson. 

Sonny hasn't been back 24 hours that he is already pissing all over the place to mark his territory. I'm assuming Spencer will fess up to being the stalker if Sonny has his father beaten up. You know, you'd think he'd want to spare his nephew that.

For some reason, Ned seemed to kind of get through to Jason. I thought the talk was good, although everyone needs to stop with the whole Nina knew the whole time that Sonny was alive. 

Jax telling Carly to take a hike was fun. It's nice to see that he's not backing down either. Now drop the bomb that Nina and Mike were in wuv. Maybe she'll toss herself off a cliff or something.

I really don't care for any scenes Joss is in. 

I like that Alexis is somewhat involved in the Cassadine shenanigans, although I'm tired of seeing Shawn just pop up like that. Doesn't he have friends? A son? An investigation to bring Hayden's shooter to justice, or some nonsense like that?

I love all of Ava's scenes. I don't care if she's alone talking to a wall. MW is a gem.

• Love 12

I don’t get Ava’s goodbye tour. 

The Jason/Ned conversation was interesting but I think they should have made the connection between Jason Morgan and Mike. I thought that’s where they were going but they didn’t quite get there. Also, Ned needing to explain to Jason why Monica worries about him is so annoying. I will always wish that she cut ties with him because his inability to think about anyone else’s feelings beyond Sonny, Carly and her kids is so blatant. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Me: "And a shitty one, at that, so really, what you know is how to screw up a crime, not perpetrate a successful one."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get Ava’s goodbye tour. 

These month days have been killing me. I know she's probably only been in the process of leaving for a day or two, but it feels like she's been "leaving" for months.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It wants me to accept that Sonny is the hero while they march his ass with two thugs to likely beat up Nikolas to teach him a lesson. 

Based on a story that a complete stranger told him.  

51 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming Spencer will fess up to being the stalker if Sonny has his father beaten up.

Nope.  I'm putting money on guilt ridden Trina and Cam confessing they lied about Bora Bora before Spencer opens his mouth.  Maybe even as Esme returns home and looks all victoriously smug.  

52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Now drop the bomb that Nina and Mike were in wuv.

This.  Although Carly won't beleive him.  She'll accuse him of wanting to hurt her or some such nonsense.  I mean, he said he coudln't tell her about his hunch that Sonny was alive, on her wedding day, since she would have countered that she thought he was trying to stop the wedding and her response is along the lines of, "well, you're always trying to run my life'.  Well if you feel that, why are you surprised he didn't tell you about Sonny.  

53 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t get Ava’s goodbye tour

I laugh every time I see her now, because it's been going on sooooo long.  I mean, it's been literally weeks.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

These month days have been killing me. I know she's probably only been in the process of leaving for a day or two, but it feels like she's been "leaving" for months.

The worse example of that was when Jax told Carly Joss made him dinner the other night. I was like, what the hell are you talking about? That dinner was like three weeks to a month ago at least. 

Today was boring and annoying. You know it was boring when the only thing I was asking was why Jason was going back to the hospital when he just literally came from there. I know, plot but it just seemed so redundant.

Ava and MW was my bright spot. I'm so damn tired of this stalker storyline. Come the fuck out with it already.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I think the only time it even semi worked was during Nikolas' ball where everyone kept getting murdered.  Because we weren't really seeing anything else.  But, even then, I didn't love it.  Thanksgiving ended up being the day after Halloween or super close to it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Is anyone getting the feeling that Spencer and Esme are just in a relationship of convenience?  They say they are dating but in no way act romantic towards one another, not to mention Spencer’s obvious attraction to Trina.  I think they are just together to further each other’s agendas, although I’m not quite sure what Esme’s agenda is yet.

I would really like it if we found out that Spencer and Esme at some time in the past had been an item, but the fire has cooled, and since he knows what she's capable of, he's too afraid of her to officially break things off. His fear of her would be a nice contrast to the rich, entitled bad boy persona he's developed with others and some good soap as he tries to extricate himself. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Of course 'Uncle Sonny', who absolved Spencer from any wrongdoing in rigging the election, would believe  that Sonny and Avery adore each other.

I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to think Sonny adores Avery, smoke blowing or not. Sonny is a piece of shit, but he's not going to hate a little girl, especially one who's his daughter.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to think Sonny adores Avery, smoke blowing or not. Sonny is a piece of shit, but he's not going to hate a little girl, especially one who's his daughter.

By his own admission, Spencer has never met Avery and he's certainly never seen school-age Avery interact with Sonny. While Sonny would be good to the children he owns, (although I don't remember him being so good to Kristina), there's no foundation to say that Avery "adores" Sonny. Since Spencer is hard at work separating Avery from her mother which is going to hurt Avery, it's a scummy thing to say., implying that Ava doesn't matter in Avery's life because she's got Sonny.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The worse example of that was when Jax told Carly Joss made him dinner the other night. I was like, what the hell are you talking about? That dinner was like three weeks to a month ago at least. 

Ya weirdly the last 3 weeks have been like 2 days but somehow Nina was hiding Mike for 9 months.

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

there's no foundation to say that Avery "adores" Sonny.

It was probably Laura telling stories to Spencer about his wonderful Uncle Sonny🙄

• Love 5
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Nope.  I'm putting money on guilt ridden Trina and Cam confessing they lied about Bora Bora before Spencer opens his mouth.  Maybe even as Esme returns home and looks all victoriously smug.  

I can see this happening, but I swear if it does and they drag this out even longer, I'm gonna..well, I'll probably just write a strongly worded tweet, but still...This is ridiculous. Like Ava pointed out today, this has been going on since February! I was hoping when Nik first suspected Spencer they'd end this part of the storyline and just move Nik and Ava on to focusing on Shawn and hiding that Nik shot Hayden. But no! This stupid thing has continued on. Now, what they should do is end this and they can move on to the mystery of who Esme is and maybe a Spencer/Trina/Esme triangle with Spencer being too scared of breaking up with her. Anything but letting this stalker crap go on., especially since as people have already pointed out, it doesn't seem like Ava's actually going anywhere.

I know shows have temp recasts, but it was a little distracting to have temp!Nik appear yesterday then have MC appear in two scenes for today. And, why did Nik look so happy to see Sonny?

Just like with Nina, I'm glad Jax didn't cower to Carly and stood his ground with her. She should be grateful that, despite his hatred of Sonny, he helped bring him back home, but the ungrateful cow couldn't only muster up ludicrous righteous indignation that he was concerned about the violence in her life affecting their daughter and was trying to "control" her. I hope Jax takes great delight in telling her about Nina and Smike's romance.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

By his own admission, Spencer has never met Avery and he's certainly never seen school-age Avery interact with Sonny

I think that's needless nitpicking (which I know is the point of this site), but MMV. Esmé is the one who has no idea who any of these people are and what they feel. If anyone's shit-stirring, it's Esmé.

"Joss told me [Carly was at the Q mansion] so I had you tracked." And Carly focuses on the stuff with Nina, not that astoundingly creepy breach of trust from her BFF.

Joss really did do jack-in-the-box at the hospital watching Esmé, LOL.

Jax was awesome today. He rarely gets to make that many points.

"Unfortunately I can't answer any of those questions." No surprise there, Shawn. You've never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

LOL that Ned thinks Jason thinks about his children at all. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Ya weirdly the last 3 weeks have been like 2 days but somehow Nina was hiding Mike for 9 months.

Nixon Falls is in another time zone.  Yeah, that explains it.  

• LOL 6

Although it's been mega contrived that Carly's been hearing about all of this from Maxie, Nina and now Jax, it is nice and soapy the way the truth is starting to crash in on her. She's really going to have a good head of steam on her by the time she sees Sonny again.

I also loved when Jax just kind of puffed out, "Oh, believe what you want; I'm not going to work on changing your mind." [paraphrase]. People in Carly's orbit really need to learn that this response is an option.  

• Love 9

I have a revised opinion of Esme and what her possible connection to Ryan is now that we’ve seen her in action, including Thursday where she sicced Sonny on Nik to keep him apart from Ava. I think it’s clear at this point that Esme is a psychopath or a budding one. I don’t think she has a connection to Ryan, she’s just fascinated by him. When they met and she practically slobbered on him asking questions about him, he sensed she was a psycho like him and it alarmed him for some reason because he had a huge desire to kill her and couldn’t. If he ever has the chance to kill her, he will, because she’s playing with fire. Backup opinion: she’s related to him, he realized she’s a complete psycho and it alarms him

• Love 6

Wow, Sonny really is stupid.  He immediately believes a random stranger who comes up to him and tells him Nik and Ava are taking Avery and leaving town.  And then proceeds to bring two thugs over to Nik's house and start threatening him.  Nina, you're delusional, but you really don't know what a giant bullet you dodged--figuratively and probably literally.

Carly was a cow today with Jax--big shock,  Her whole argument was "you should've told me even if I wouldn't have believed you because you were trying to control me and then I wouldn't have believed you, but you would've told me."  Nice circular argument there.  I love, love, LOVE that Jax has had it with her.  Let's hope that sticks.

• Love 17
On 9/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, Katy M said:

Well, if you're talking about sex, you should be talking about marriage.  Sex should wait.  I know, it doesn't on soaps, but maybe it should once in a while.

Yeah, they aren’t Mormon or Amish, so they’re completely unrealistic.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

See, my takeaway from that scene was that he was using cordial speak for "go fuck yourself; there's no way I'm helping you."

that's exactly how i took it. 

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I think it’s clear at this point that Esme is a psychopath or a budding one. I don’t think she has a connection to Ryan, she’s just fascinated by him.

that's my take on it. like even Spencer is kinda scared by her. I'm not gonna lie if she kills Joss i'm all for it. have had it up to here with Joss. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wow, Sonny really is stupid.  He immediately believes a random stranger who comes up to him and tells him Nik and Ava are taking Avery and leaving town. 

And the thing is this is so stupid. that morning Sonny saw Ava and saw Ava say goodbye to Avery. so when exactly would Ava had changed her mind, ask Nik to book tickets, and split with Avery? God Sonny is dumb.  (not to mention Ava has every right to take her child out of town)

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly was a cow today with Jax--big shock,  Her whole argument was "you should've told me even if I wouldn't have believed you because you were trying to control me and then I wouldn't have believed you, but you would've told me."  Nice circular argument there.  I love, love, LOVE that Jax has had it with her.  Let's hope that sticks.

yeah. like no matter what Jax said, Carly twisted herself to be the victim. and i get she's mad and really she does have a right too, but what is she expecting. She tells Sonny, they call Carly and poof his memory shows up? They would have forced him into the business? I mean, it's this show - so i'm not expecting anything but she's slowly getting the story from everyone so when she gets to sonny she should be mad. and honestly. I wish i wish Nina had said "I ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO KNOW ABOut HIS PAST AND HE SAID NO."  like that tidbit needs to come up, thank you very much

Jax has had it with everyone. but honestly. he needs to have nothing to do with Carly after this. He brings her husband home, and he gets a screw you and putting this on wanting to be with Nina. And honestly,i just want Monica to hear this and be like "it's not good to be kept in the dark in regards to a life altering secret, is it." like she's learning NOTHING, from this 

12 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

Yeah, they aren’t Mormon or Amish, so they’re completely unrealistic.  

well to be fair. you can be not moron and not Amish and want to be a virgin when you get married it's not that unrealistic. 

• Love 8

I wonder if the actress who play Esme always knew she could play a psychopath so well. She actually scares me sometimes. It’s funny to see Joss act like she’s this super villain and think she can up one on a nut like Esme. Also, Esme is a stunning looking actress. I know casting gets a bum rap sometimes but this actress is a find. It blows my mind how they find them?! LOL!!!! Although, why have a casting department when you have Frank Valentini. <sarcasm>

3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

See, my takeaway from that scene was that he was using cordial speak for "go fuck yourself; there's no way I'm helping you."

Oh! I always thought he had her number. I think she enjoys toying with her and deep down inside is waiting for her to slip up. As long, as she doesn’t mess with Laura or really, really cause harm to Spencer I think he’s keeping her at arms length. 

• Love 6

So I'm catching up on this week and still an episode behind, but wanted to say that I really liked Esme in the scene with Cam and Spencer where they were both teasing Spencer. The actress was able to sneak in some range outside of psychopath, which makes me hopeful they can develop her into a morally ambiguous heroine instead of keeping her on the Nelle Train to Evil Town. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Didn't Sonny return on Jax's plane? Jax should have pointed that one out. 

I know! All he said was he played a part in getting Sonny home, which doesn't mean anything. We know it won't make a difference to Carly, but she needs to hear it. I doubt Sonny will mention it, given his historic dislike of Jax. Oh, well. Jax has gotten unexpectedly good writing here. I'm happy about that, at least.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It’s funny to see Joss act like she’s this super villain and think she can up one on a nut like Esme.

The bummer is Joss will (eventually) win over Esmé. Sigh.

• Love 9

What does esme get out of stopping ava and nick from being together? It doesn't seem as if Spencer and her are deeply in love. 

If trina,cam,joss ,, Spencer are in college where do they find all this time to be involved with  Ava's life?

Doesn't Maurice bernard look like he needs some sleep? 

Edited by ljr
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I doubt Sonny will mention it, given his historic dislike of Jax.

Speaking of, meant to mention this when it happened, but when Sonny and Jax first came face to face at the hospital in NH, Jax said something along the lines of "welcome back" and Sonny was a little bitch to him.  I really wanted Jax to mutter "same old asshole" when he stomped away.

BTW, Sonny is extra stupid with this "Nik and Ava are taking Avery and leaving town" scenario because Avery is currently being held captive safe behind the walls of Casa Corinthos.  Does he think Nava are capable of teleporting her away?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Wow, Sonny really is stupid.  He immediately believes a random stranger who comes up to him and tells him Nik and Ava are taking Avery and leaving town.  And then proceeds to bring two thugs over to Nik's house and start threatening him.  Nina, you're delusional, but you really don't know what a giant bullet you dodged--figuratively and probably literally.

He also just up and believed Ava (his enemy) that AJ killed Connie/Kate.  It actually might be an interesting story to see what would happen if Ned told him that Michael was planning on usurping the mob from him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, ljr said:

What does esme get out of stopping ava and nick from being together? It doesn't seem as if Spencer and her are deeply in love. 

There's obviously some untold as of yet reason as to her motivation. Speculation has ranged from her being Ryan's daughter to Nelle's unknown sister. I think she could just want money. Maybe her family became destitute after paying for her extravagant boarding school lifestyle and she's scheming to get it back. Spencer and Esme (sorry I don't know how to do the little accent mark) really are written as very Bruce Patman and Lila Fowler. 

• Useful 1

God Sonny is such an ass, Nicholas should have said apologize or I'm calling the police for harassment and assault. Although what good would have that done, Dante would have shown up blubbering how much he loves his Dad blech!

4 hours ago, ljr said:

Doesn't Maurice bernard look like he needs some sleep? 

He looks terrible, all this non-Forrest Gump dialogue must be so hard for him.

I hope Cam breaks up with Joss over the way Sunny was (won't happen)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Sonny and Carly’s most consistent character trait is probably their inability to apologize or feel remotely guilty even when they’re dead wrong. It’s part of the reason why most don’t feel sorry for them when something happens to them. 

• Love 15

"Says the man who fell to earth." Hee. 

2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sonny and Carly’s most consistent character trait is probably their inability to apologize or feel remotely guilty even when they’re dead wrong. It’s part of the reason why most don’t feel sorry for them when something happens to them. 

I was just thinking this exact same thing! Never mind if the person they're accusing is telling the truth and can prove it. They believe what they believe and that's all that matters. In this particular case with Sonny, he takes the word of someone he met two seconds ago over Nikolas's without knowing anything else. He's such an idiot.

• Love 13