Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Show Ends With:
Hospital: Britt asks you see through me? Piph: always have, always will. Britt goes: what do you see, enlighten me. Piph: that you re going through crap. You can consider me a safe space.... within reason.

And she should trust Piph, who was less than cordial to her on that GH staff night out at the MetroCourt because . . . ?

Nina is like i didn't want things to go this far, if you don't believe me, ask Jax 

I know it was only one line, but it was enough to to throw truth-telling Jax under the bus, so I imagine Carly will unleash her fury on him next. 

11 minutes ago, seasons said:

"wah, wah, jason, she threw Morgan's name in my face!"

I watched the show and still am wondering when  did this happen? Or is it just another Carly lie? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, rur said:

I know it was only one line, but it was enough to to throw truth-telling Jax under the bus, so I imagine Carly will unleash her fury on him next. 

And he literally confirmed that Sonny was alive approximately 10 hours before Carly found out, and even flew him home on a private jet.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

The ultimate test of Sonny's virility! Nina is in her fifties, has a history of infertility, and they never had sex?

Sonny's Super Sperm: Challenge accepted.

Wouldn't surprise me any.  I do think maybe they might have had to have sex.  I was going to ask if Sonny had ever had sex with someone without impregnating them, but then I realized yes, Emily and Hannah.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know it's splitting hairs, but Nina didn't keep Mooby from his family for "nine months". When did Nina leave and end up in Nixon Falls? Like in February or March?

This is driving. Me. Insane,.   Sonny chased after Julian and fell in the water in December.  Nina showed up in NF in April.  Carly and Jason had already had Sonny declared legally dead for bizness purposes and had the ceremony at the cemetary and had the headstone installed.  Sonny had spent 4 freakin' months telling Phyllis and Lenny that he didn't want to know who he was.  He didn't want to have his fingerprints checked.  He was making zero effort.  

I'm not absolving Nina's SIX months of not telling, but show needs to shut up about the timing, unless their willing to admit that Sonny's as much to blame.  

15 minutes ago, rur said:
35 minutes ago, seasons said:

wah, wah, jason, she threw Morgan's name in my face!"

I watched the show and still am wondering when  did this happen? Or is it just another Carly lie? 

It's the last thing Nina said, something along the lines of "Mike was happy.....he didn't know that he lost a child to mob violence".   Then Carly threw herself at Nina just as Jason got there and got between them.  

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, seasons said:

Please God don't let there be a baby involved somehow.

As much as this would be completely non sensically, especially since Nina stopped the sex from happening by telling Sonny that he needed to find out about his past before they could move forward, it would still be freakin' hilarious if they had had sex and menopausal Nina was pregnant, just to watch Carly's head explode over that.  

YOU KEPT SONNY AWAY FROM US FOR NINE MONTHS AND YOU HAD HIS BABEEEEEEE ????

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, seasons said:

t was announced in the media thread, Nik would be temporarily recast.

It was just for today's episode.  MC was out for only one day.  Speculation is that he was told to get the vaccine.  Other speculation is that he did and was out for the day due to minor side effects.  Nobody's talking, though this was around the same time that SB tested positive.  

• Useful 7

I just laughed at Carly because she looks so utterly ridiculous, Jason having to literally hold her back like some overgrown child. This is a 50 year old woman who can't control her anger. And she doesn't even know that Mike was in love with Nina yet.

Maybe she and Sonny really are soulmates.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

The Nikolas (temporary?) recast was horrible.  I’m usually pretty easy on temps since they are really just placeholders but this guy seemed more suited to be one of Sonny’s goons rather than a Cassadine.  He even had a New York/Italian accent.

Yeah, I was hoping he might be able to take over for MC who still isn't ringing true as Nik for me, but he was ungood.

The was such a shock to my system, I wasn't expecting it! Too bad a one day recast on a day when we needed to see the connection between Ava and Nik and we get someone bugging their eyes out. Sorry but I agree ungood. Good job on MW doing her best.

• Love 1

How rich was it to have Carly - CARLY - of all people, throwing someone out of Monica's house. Just unbelievable. 

Also, newsflash Carly, Sonny DID lose a child to mob violence. He's almost lost of all of his kids (except Avery and Donna) to mob violence. You need to spend some time thinking about that your crazed lunatic.

She is just the worst.

• Love 16

I know we talk about this all the time - but, man alive, Carly takes hypocrisy almost to an art form. She laughs and tells Nina that she's glad her daughter is dead (I get that Nelle terrorized her family and almost killed her kids) that was beyond tacky - and this is coming from someone who HATED Nelle and is glad she's gone. Then in the very same conversation Carly starts throwing hands and jumping around, snarling like a wildebeest because Nina had the nerve to "throw" her dead kid in her face. Nina didn't even do it in a malicious way. She wasn't "ha ha, glad your stupid kid is dead." It was more talking about the pain Sonny didn't have to live with as Mike.

What Nina did was bad, but I screamed "hell yes!" when she told Carly she would apologize to everyone else, but wouldn't apologize to her. I was so glad the show didn't have her groveling for Carly's forgiveness, especially given Carly has never expressed any remorse for lying to her about Nelle. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

And he literally confirmed that Sonny was alive approximately 10 hours before Carly found out, and even flew him home on a private jet.

I'm sure Carly will think that he should have (A) found out sooner and/or (B) told her immediately, and since he did neither, he will deserve her wrath.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

It's the last thing Nina said, something along the lines of "Mike was happy.....he didn't know that he lost a child to mob violence".   Then Carly threw herself at Nina just as Jason got there and got between them.  

Thanks for the reminder, @Perkie1968.  I heard Nina say it, but processed it as a general comment. I had (mercifully) forgotten Morgan existed. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Nina was clearly emotional and talking and acting like she may never see Wiley again. Willow picked up on it and asked if Michael noticed and he was all, Nina? Has feelings? Oh, okay. She's probably happy to see Wiley. Doo de doo de doo. 

At this point, I'm just proud of Nina for not picking up Wiley and running out the back door. And if Millow had a brain between them, they would have thought it wasn't a good idea to leave her alone with him when she was acting so squirrelly.

Having seen today's show -- even though I know Nina doesn't really have the higher ground, I'm glad she jumped on up there anyway. I really thought she was going to beg for forgiveness, but it was so great when she explicitly said she'd apologize to everyone BUT Carly. Great acting from both women today.   

• Love 8
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved that Nina called Carly out on her dismissive laughing.  It really is infuriating.

That was fantastic. Especially since I thought for sure Nina would just be a doormat and take it all.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

it was so great when she explicitly said she'd apologize to everyone BUT Carly. Great acting from both women today.   

YES!!  Loved that part. Nina royally fucked up but Carly is just such a wench it’s impossible to feel badly for her. The way she was ordering Nina around in MONICA’S House was making me extremely ragey. 

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, rur said:

Thanks for the reminder, @Perkie1968.  I heard Nina say it, but processed it as a general comment. I had (mercifully) forgotten Morgan existed. 

Like you, I was a little confused at first -- the scene was just staged so poorly. Jason actually coming running in BEFORE Carly launched herself at Nina, so I think Nina's provoking line was kind of muffled. 

Another thing I was a little confused by: In Spencer and Esme's first scene today, Spencer "informs" her that Sonny is alive, and Esme says, "Yes, Joss mentioned it." Like it was their first discussion on the topic.

That was weird to me because they other day they found out together and Spencer was thrilled and Esme was like, "No, idiot, this is bad news for us!"

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

so I think Nina's provoking line was kind of muffled. 

It was.  I actually didn't hear it at first but then Carly lost her shit and lunged at Nina, so I had to rewind to hear what the actual line was.  Then I realized she was screaming something like "dont' you say Morgan's name to me" as Jason was pulling her away.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Having seen today's show -- even though I know Nina doesn't really have the higher ground, I'm glad she jumped on up there anyway. I really thought she was going to beg for forgiveness, but it was so great when she explicitly said she'd apologize to everyone BUT Carly.

Absolutely!  No histrionics, no delusional talk about loving Mike, thank god.  I love that she didn't bow down to the almighty Carly.  And she hardly "threw Morgan in my face," as that idiot screeched.  But, yeah, it's fine for Carly to laugh--LAUGH--in Nina's face about her dead daughter, but no one can reference the circumstances behind Morgan's death without the hag sprouting snakes out of her head.  That was pure Caroline-from-the-trailer-park behavior and I cannot believe the show wants me to root for her. 

And, true to form, she's going to attack Jax tomorrow. 

Other thoughts:

- I can't stand Epiphany on a good day, but the over-the-top kissing of Sonny's ass today was too much.  And now she's a Psychiatric Nurse?  If I was Britt, I wouldn't entrust any of my feelings to her, especially with the way she almost choked out that she was a "safe place."

- Joss is far too gleeful to see people suffer.  Trina wants to expose Esme and Spencer for Ava's good; Joss just wants to see their downfall. 

- TempNik really did look like he could be a member of the Novak family.  Thank goodness he was only there a day. 

- Scott acting like cupid was amusing.  He's such a gruff, but with a soft center.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It was.  I actually didn't hear it at first but then Carly lost her shit and lunged at Nina, so I had to rewind to hear what the actual line was.  Then I realized she was screaming something like "dont' you say Morgan's name to me" as Jason was pulling her away.  

Yeah, I did too, and all Nina had said was something like, "He wasn't mourning a child lost to mob violence." Which in the context of the conversation was NOT a cheap shot.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Which in the context of the conversation was NOT a cheap shot.

It wasn't.  Nina was sayiing something about how Mike was happy because he had no bad memories.  Carly was just waiting for a reason to come at her.  

• Love 9

Why the show thought it was a good idea for Carly to attempt to mount the moral high ground and berate someone for their life-running lies IN THE HOUSE ALAN GAVE TO MONICA is beyond me.  I'm glad Nina held some ground, reminded Carly that her vile behavior doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Relatedly...previews...shut up, Joss.  Her superior mini-Carly act is so obnoxious, it makes me want to root for Esme or Spencer or whoever she's snarling at.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

"Excuse me, are you Sonny Corinthos?" "Who's asking?" Uh, the person standing in front of you asking the question, Sonny. Ugh, I hate that exchange. Just ask the person's name if that's what you're trying to find out.

47 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

it was so great when she explicitly said she'd apologize to everyone BUT Carly.

I liked that, too. I also like that they're letting Nina hold her ground somewhat. I don't know how they'll write her with the kids, but Carly doesn't deserve more than what she's gotten.

• Love 10

I was offended by the writers letting Joss pounce on Maxie but if the fact that Sonny didn't tell Carly about Nina lets Nina twist the knife a little more, I can live with it. 

Maxie needs to practice her prevarication skills. She's gotten soft. 

• Love 7

I usually fast forward Carly but I decided to watch the confrontation today and man, people don’t exaggerate about her beastly qualities. LW really does bare her teeth like a terrifying animal. I don’t understand how she’s the one we are supposed to root for. 

In their brief scene today, Cam and Esme had ten times the chemistry of Joss and Cam or Spencer and Esme. What a weird and interesting couple they would make, which of course means GH won’t ever go for it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, racked said:

In their brief scene today, Cam and Esme had ten times the chemistry of Joss and Cam or Spencer and Esme. What a weird and interesting couple they would make, which of course means GH won’t ever go for it. 

I started thinking they might go there. I remembered during a recent pool scene Cameron was laughing at something Esme said. It was subtle and I wondered if it was just the actor reacting to the actress and not really the character reacting (if that makes sense).

But then I remember Joss won't ever lose so whatever.

• Love 10

I don't understand Maxie at all. Why would she feel she needed to betray Nina in favor of Carly. What business did she have to tell Carly when Sonny's back and could have himself

Maxie betraying Nina for Carly instead of having her back is ridiculous. Especially when Nina knows the Bailey truth. 

• Love 14
On 9/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was speaking from the place when Jaysus started saying it was always CUJO from the beginning or whatever it was that people here posted he said; basically acting as if he and Robin had never been in love and how Robin wasn't there

Are you talking about his line "I fell in love with you but then you were with Sonny"? It was vague enough that I got the impression he was talking about when Robin was no longer in his life, he had given up Michael, and was spending more time with Elizabeth. (I still remember SJB' Carly's jealous line to Elizabeth that she already got rid of/drove away one "angel.")

I have to give the blond ladies on this show credit for some great, convincing acting in the last few days. EMc did a phenomenal job behaving as a young LW/Carly's mini-me and LW really sold Carly's rage, pain and shock that Nina pulled off a deception on her and her family as big as Carly has pulled on others in the past.  Storms showed that Maxie feels torn between empathy and love for Nina but also (as a woman whose husband was murdered) understanding the pain and heartbreak that Carly and fam have experienced while mourning Sonny.... it seems like Maxie was naively hopeful that if Carly heard the truth from a neutral-ish someone who saw Nina's remorse,  Carly would somehow go easy on Nina. CW is doing a good job of showing she was and is addicted to the fantasy of being with "Mike," that emotionally she's never moved forward from being the young pre-coma woman who was pregnant and looking forward to being a mother, desire to have a relationship with her grandson because she never got to have a parent-child relationship with her daughter, and disgust/contempt for Carly, MW is fabulous at selling that Ava is absolutely heartbroken about making the decisions to divorce Nikolas and leave Avery because of the stalker situation.

I really hoped lightning would strike her when Carly said sarcastically that Nina coming to visit Wiley after what she's done but before Michael and Willow hear the truth shows what a "stellar human being" she is.  (NuWiley, who it turns out appeared as Maxie's son James in 2019, really looks like he could be the grandson of Sean Kanan's AJ). I despise Carly, but LW showed the layers when she started crying and said "DON"T CALL HIM THAT" in response to Nina saying "Mike was happy." Even though Carly is now out in the open in love with Jason, the idea that another woman had a connection/relationship with Sonny that she knew nothing about, and that Sonny has deliberately not mentioned so far, must burn her deeply.  She feels her memories of her wedding to Jason are personal, and cherishes the three hours they were "happy,"  She is desperate for reassurance that Jason still shares her feelings, but also wants to believe that after everything they've been through, she is and will always be the love of Sonny's life. 

Meanwhile, Sonny is so arrogant it has not occurred to him that Carly and Jason were in the bedroom on their wedding night for a reason.

On an unrelated note, I really enjoy Valentin and Anna together. They have so much more chemistry than Anna and Finn ever had. Anna finally got honest about why she feels she and Robert can't/don't work.  Speaking of, wasn't Robert supposed to be back on screen by now?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10

So...

Carly can find Nina at the Q's.

Jason can find Sonny at the graveyard, but can't find Carly, so he has to call Spinelli.

Joss, in a red shirt, can trail Esme without being seen.

Esme can find Sonny, a guy she's never seen before, at the hospital and casually run into him.

Johnny's guys must be working overtime.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, racked said:

Hmm, interestingly enough I actually thought the chemistry today was between Cam and Spencer. But I'm sure that was just me and my mind.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of, wasn't Robert supposed to be back on screen by now?

Twitter says next month.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Watching GH is a frustrating habit. The show has some potential and storylines that can be interesting but they always drop the ball in the end. The complete underwhelming conclusion to too many storylines makes me doubt the current storylines will have satisfactory conclusions.

With Spencer/Esme it is interesting that they both have better chemistry with Cam. Also I am trying to understand why Esme seems so interested in Joss or befriending her. Part of me thinks it would be a twist but also pretty realistic if may Esme and/or Spencer were bi or fluid(whatever the term may be) Then the other part of me remembers this shows history with anything gay/bi. (Oh hi Kristina good to see you for the one day). 

Really enjoyed the Carly/Nina scenes and don’t have much else to say about it that hasn’t been articulated better by other posters. 

I do find it funny that Jason didn’t seem too concerned about Sonny’s mental health like Carly was until Sonny didn’t get angry and make violent threats against Nina. Why do I get the feeling that Sonny’s not getting angry is what Carly is going to use to justify her and Jason getting closer and probably doing things behind his back to get back at Nina?

• Love 4

I don't think Maxie betrayed Nina per se because other people knew and she was trying to advocate for her, but it was unnecessary. Maxie should know that Carly doesn't give a fuck about what Maxie thinks (the one thing I can't blame Carly for). It was just Maxie being an idiot, same shit different day.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ybrik said:

The show has some potential and storylines that can be interesting but they always drop the ball in the end. The complete underwhelming conclusion to too many storylines makes me doubt the current storylines will have satisfactory conclusions.

In a nutshell. The Sonny/Mike stuff is being given more nuance than I'd expect, but for me the real test will be how they handle Sonny talking about being in Nixon Falls with Carly. He's been kind of gentle on Nina with Jason, but Jason isn't going to take action against her unless he's told to, and even then I think he'd be reluctant.

8 hours ago, ybrik said:

Also I am trying to understand why Esme seems so interested in Joss or befriending her.

It's in Esmé's interest to have at least cordial relationships with Spencer's friends.

51 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:
16 hours ago, seasons said:

God, I love Scotty. He manages to sort of be the comic relief without being a buffoon.

Totally agree.  Plus I love that he has taken a fatherly role towards Elizabeth and Brit.

I find Kin goes back and forth with Scott being a buffoon. Right now he's dialing back the bluster. But I agree with loving how he's taking a fatherly role with Elizabeth and Britt, and it's not in a pushy way at all. He lets them know he's there for them and will support them.

• Love 7

Someone refresh my memory. Joss's whole "I survived Nelle" bit. Nelle never did anything to Joss, she tried to manipulate her as far as I can remember, but she never tried to harm her, right? 

Also, how neat of the writers to give Joss a storyline that should be Trina's instead. I'm offended on her behalf.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

It was just for today's episode.  MC was out for only one day.  Speculation is that he was told to get the vaccine.  Other speculation is that he did and was out for the day due to minor side effects.

This makes sense since Nik and Ava were the only couple still doing Covid kisses these days.

6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Maxie betrayed Nina per se because other people knew and she was trying to advocate for her, but it was unnecessary. Maxie should know that Carly doesn't give a fuck about what Maxie thinks (the one thing I can't blame Carly for). It was just Maxie being an idiot, same shit different day.

It was naive of Maxie, but I think you're right. I don't think she was being malicious, I think she was trying to act as a party. But I will say, it's a continuation of the show making bizarre story telling choices. Maxie has barely spoken to Carly and is suddenly planning her wedding and breaking the big Nina reveal.

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Someone refresh my memory. Joss's whole "I survived Nelle" bit. Nelle never did anything to Joss, she tried to manipulate her as far as I can remember, but she never tried to harm her, right? 

I wasn't watching at the time, but didn't they get into a physical fight at one point.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ybrik said:

Also I am trying to understand why Esme seems so interested in Joss or befriending her. Part of me thinks it would be a twist but also pretty realistic if may Esme and/or Spencer were bi or fluid(whatever the term may be) Then the other part of me remembers this shows history with anything gay/bi. (Oh hi Kristina good to see you for the one day). 

I doubt the show is going in that direction, even though I would enjoy it and it would be interesting. I’ve been wondering if maybe Esme is somehow related to Nelle (though not Nina since she has shown zero interest in her). She’s been focused on Ava and Kiki was Nelle’s sister I think (wasn’t watching then)? Either way, the actress screen tested with Eden so I do think they plan to have this be a Joss heavy storyline. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Honest question: What do you want her to say? Initially it was to get back at Carly (and I have no problem with that, heh), but to let it continue was indefensible. I don't think she can defend her actions once she didn't say anything for, say, a week.

That Mike didn't want to know who he was; that Carly was a witch on the phone and that it wasn't Nina's problem.  Mike was happy, not a mobster, Mike was in love with her.  If the show is going to have someone do something bad, they try to avoid throwing the character under the bus with remorse - sometimes I think they need to just let characters do wrong and just be wrong.  

As to cause and effect - amnesia (caused by Sonny's own actions) stole his life and it wasn't Nina's duty to inform the world.  If they are going to extend blame to Nina, why stop there is stretching proximate cause?  It is Carly's fault too then for being such a beast to Nina on the phone.  

17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well Nina and Mooby didn't have sex, so I doubt it.

Mooby's sperm is so potent, sex may not be necessary. :)

• Love 8