Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

More weird timelines today. 

It's late enough for fireworks at the four-person 'rager' but Sasha has an ultrasound and Ava is having coffee with Portia.

I'm guessing that Spencer is responsible for most of the stalker stuff ( cockroach, hand, stuffed animal, blood shower) but the car fire is Ryan through the hench-nurse. Ryan probably recruited her after people started accusing him of stalking Ava, and the nurse will try and frame Spencer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

it depends. (I would say they would ask the actress if she was comfortable with it). Sarah Drew on GA pitched the idea of her (character's baby) dying on the show while she was pregnant. I mean there have been actual pregnant people on soaps before who had soapy baby stuff happen to their babies. if she wasn't comfortable with it i wouldn't say push it but at the same time the show doesn't really need any more babies either so i dunno

and Jax has always regretted (from what i remember), protecting/defending his brother. (like Ava). he's done some bad crap, but Jax doesn't say he's perfect either. he's human and he does dumb crap sometimes. Sonny choses time and time again to be a criminal despite anything/everything and he never owns up to anything. 

(also being a corporate raider isn't a bad thing. generally speaking they target companies that are doing horribly, that's how they are able to scoop them up for minimal profit, make them look good and sell them off. it's like flipping houses but with companies, like if Jax didn't buy them up it's not like they were gonna be solid for another 20 years or something)

Seriously.  It’s not like they buy companies that are successful.  Typically they buy a company that’s circling the drain.  Then turn them around if possible, or sell off the assets of the ones that just aren’t viable.  In reality, they save jobs that would probably be gone otherwise.

• Love 3

I’m quite a bit older than MW, so I’m no spring chicken either. To be fair, her face was extra shiny on Monday’s episode, not as bad on Tuesday’s. I’ve never been a huge fan of hers, but I’ve run into enough Carjackers to know I should keep my opinions to myself w/r/t her from now on. 

Heading back to Lurkerville. 

• Love 3

I just want to say that the showdown between Nikolas and Spencer yesterday was amazing. Laura and Trina being justifiably horrified all while Nikolas and Spencer maintained "our reactions are totally normal and appropriate" demeanors was great. Never change Crazy Cassadines! Also, I feel like Laura utters the line "I've never been so ashamed of you in my life" (or something equivalent) to Nikolas at least once a month. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

So now either there are two stalkers or the writers are just retconning stories THEY ARE STILL WRITING.  Spencer better not get off scot free (again). Oh and Laura. This is the version of Laura I just can’t stand, the insufferable “I am so disappointed but also completely delusional as to who my son/grandson/pretty much everyone I know really is”.  I’m sorry but Spencer 100% could be the stalker that little sociopath totally has it in him. Wake up lady!

All that said, I am on board with this new Spencer. The actor is decent.  He had a rough start but the last few days he’s been really good at being supportive/terrified/a jerk. Spencer is still a little shit, but the actor can stay.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 24
9 hours ago, Daisy said:

Karen? that's.... Scotty's daughter? he kill her?

Karen Wexler, Scotty's daughter, was only a teenager when Sonny got her hooked on drugs to keep her stripping in his sleazy club and sleeping with him. Karen had been sexually abused as child by one of her mother's boyfriends, she had told Sonny this during their "affair." When she started to resist him, he told her she must have wanted it to happen.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Karen Wexler, Scotty's daughter, was only a teenager when Sonny got her hooked on drugs to keep her stripping in his sleazy club and sleeping with him. Karen had been sexually abused as child by one of her mother's boyfriends, she had told Sonny this during their "affair." When she started to resist him, he told her she must have wanted it to happen.

thanks so much.
That is so scuzzy. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Also, I feel like Laura utters the line "I've never been so ashamed of you in my life" (or something equivalent) to Nikolas at least once a month. 

She probably does, and it never makes a difference. She can't do anything about Nik at this point, but she could be a LOT firmer with her turd of a grandson.

Or what @mostlylurking wrote.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

This is the version of Laura I just can’t stand, the insufferable “I am so disappointed but also completely delusional as to who my son/grandson/pretty much everyone I know really is”.

Having been involved with Luke all those years and his good friend Sonny, you think that she would have learned by now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Carly: Nicolas and Spencer both very bad 

Cam.: Trina wants to stay, Spencer will look after her

Carly.: sounds like Trina is in good hands, let's get out of here I have my mob business to get done

Laura. Switched from empathy to shaming Nicolas for what he did about 3 times, so I wouldn't call that the best parenting example either 

• Love 7

Yeup - Spencer gets to skate free from everything. Oh come on. LOL but he is really milking this. Honestly. Laura shut up. (this hurts to say) but really. shut up. Nik was wrong to go this far, but i mean. When it blows up in their faces about the hand/cockroach/blood, then what?  This is going to blow up in Spencers face too. (I feel Spencer's trying to gauge to come clean about what he did). 

and now Carly has entered the scene. oh shut up. 

Jax found out his phone is dead. Lisel is all "what's matter?" I do have to laugh that in the entire thing, Carly still never answered Jax how she plans to protect Joss. She was just all "you were trying to make me incriminate myself, boohoo." Lisel wants part of team Jax.

So if all the 5 families decide to go... then how can the meeting continue? Again. is the Corinthos part of the 5 families or is it like.. you meet with the council? Because if they are afraid of the 5F, why is Jason threatening them? If they are a part of the 5F, then why are you bending to their will? this is so freaking stupid. Also Ms Woo has zero time for Jason. Which means she's my new favourite person. Also What Feds? Dante? lmao. honestly, All Jason has to say was that Carly is a pro mob moll, she'll never turn good. she likes power too much.  See. I can't even get excited about threats against Carly, but if Ms Woo did it.... swoon eyes

Ryan Lavery is taunting his guard and some re-shot him/Scout shots. meh.  Okay. I thought i liked Sam's skirt, but i don't like the top of it. and and I'm tired of her tank top. Also again if someone i thought was dead was calling me, I wouldn't be whisper.. it was drew... with wide eyes lol I'd be a bit more freaked out.  Now she thinks Drew is alive. and is like. "yay." Come ON KeMo.  

Honestly - Joss kick a rock. I hate how she talks to Cam. "I want to talk to my mom. ALONE." like cow, just go "Cam, I really need to talk to my mom, do you mind giving us a minute?" also. again Joss getting involved in Mobby business. this is what Jax is afraid of, dumb bunnies..  

Carly shut up. Michael and Morgan and Joss were (are) just as spoiled and selfish. 

Best part of today's episode, Ms. Woo lol

• Love 9

CM was not terrible as Drew today.  There I said it.  I was expecting full on Ryan Lavery after those phone calls.   I'll always like Billy better but I thought Cameron was fine his first day.  It sucks Billy Miller went out like a chump but that's on him.  

I liked the Scout scene the best out of everything.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

I may in the minority, but Laura gets on my nerves when it comes to Nikolas. She was NOT a good mother to him, and she always favored Lulu and Lucky over him. If I were Nikolas, I would have told her to leave and keep her commetns to herself. And if she cares so much about him acting like a "Cassadine," maybe she should have stuck around and helped raise him! I cannot wait until Laura finds out that Spencer was the stalker or ONE of the stalkers. I'm sure she won't apologize to her son, but I need to see some egg on her face! She's beyond annoying when shes starts railing about Nikolas and his "Cassadine" ways. Shut up! 

Am I the only one who automatically MUTES Carly on sight? Ugh . . . Nikolas should have told that harpy to take her equally obnoxious daughter and get off his island! She had a lot of nerve screeching at him. I cannot stand the very sight of her! Go away, Carly! Your presence wasn't needed to get your stupid daughter. She's fine. 

Sadly, I missed the emotional moment btw Spencer and Nikolas so I'll have to catch it this evening, but I generally support them both. I've always liked Spencer, and I like this new kid too. Spencer is clearly hurt by his dad's actions and by him being w/Ava - someone who betrayed Spencer. I get it. That said, I'm not mad at Nikolas for what he did either. Plus, we know Spencer did some of this stuff so I can't be all outraged at Nik. I want to see these two repair their relationship.

I loved the Sprina scenes. I was waiting for the kiss. I just hope it's better than the Cameron one when it finally happens. 

I haven't really been paying attn to this mob story. As I said beore, Carly automatically gets the mute but why is all this necessary? If the Five Families think the Corinthos org isn't stable, can't they just try to take them out? Regardless of a fake marriage? I don't know. This story seems lame. 

Oh, and I like what I see of CMs Drew so far! I loved BM's Drew. I didn't watch AMC so I have no opinion of RC except for the occasional Hallmark Christmas movie. (Yes, I love cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies). But as a Drew fan, I have no complaints . . . yet! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 8

Have to say Nicholas and Sydney really do sparkle as Spencer/Trina. They remind me of Nik/Gia.

I pray that they dont try to force Joss into the coupling down the line. Cause you know the show loves having Joss be the center of attention when it comes to guys. 

• Love 11

I am only fourteen minutes in and I’ve already had a rage blackout. All this piling on Nikolas. Laura and her disappointed head shakes. Even Kevin getting on in the action. I thought we were finally nearing the end of this story but now it’s just started up all over again!!  Oh great now here comes Saint Carly.  I can’t deal!

Liesl and Jax’s friendship is nice. I think if he and Britt ever got together for real it would be a good dynamic. 

Why doesn’t Sam call Spinelli, super cyber spy/hacker???

Still only four families at the Five Families meeting. These writers must think the viewers are dumb as rocks.

Funny story about Cameron Mathison-in his All My Children heyday my mom happened to be shopping at our local mall and saw a sign he was making an appearance that day. I hightailed it over there so fast. Huge Ryan fan, obvi. He was even more handsome in person and extremely friendly and personable. Will he make a good Drew??  Jury’s still out. I really liked Billy Miller. But I’m glad CM is back on my tv. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6

Yes, Carly, you're exactly who we need talking about parenting. Go away!!! And also, have a tall glass of STFU. You shouldn't be talking about raising children. Your nanny raised your children and you don't pay her nearly enough for that.

Spencer actor really brought it. I think he'll probably turn out to be the strongest actor in the quartet of "teens." I don't think he's going to skate. I think Spencer is beyond caring what his father thinks, but I think that Tina has become really important to him and again, Tina loves Ava. So whenever they find out about the blood and the roach and the other stuff that Spencer has done, she's the one he risks losing. 

I'm glad that Drew was all about Scout. His daughter was his whole world, so I'm glad it's still the case. I thought that Sam going to see Curtis about this was a good idea because Drew and Curtis were really close. And let's face it, Curtis has sort of sucked the past year and half. 

Is it possible that the boss is the same person holding Holly captive? I mean both she and Drew allegedly died in plane crashes.

• Love 11

I only saw the first half so far, but I take back everything I previously said about Nicholas Alexander Chavez. This kid can act. He's better than MC, who doesn't ever seem to emote very much.

Mrs. Wu wants to eliminate Carly. Mrs. Wu is my spirit animal.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, seasons said:

Wait... Spencer still did all the other stalker stuff, right? Except the car fire? 

I think it's

Spencer: 
cockroach, fake blood maybe fake hand?

Stalker w/cute long hair Nurse assistant:
creepy teddy with Ryan's voice, car fire

2 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I only saw the first half so far, but I take back everything I previously said about Nicholas Alexander Chavez. This kid can act. He's better than MC, who doesn't ever seem to emote very much.

Yeah. he was really shaky his first few days but man he sold it these last two days. 

3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Mrs. Wu wants to eliminate Carly. Mrs. Wu is my spirit animal.

RIGHT?! it made my heart grow 3 sizes

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I may in the minority, but Laura gets on my nerves when it comes to Nikolas. She was NOT a good mother to him, and she always favored Lulu and Lucky over him. If I were Nikolas, I would have told her to leave and keep her commetns to herself. And if she cares so much about him acting like a "Cassadine," maybe she should have stuck around and helped raise him! I cannot wait until Laura finds out that Spencer was the stalker or ONE of the stalkers. I'm sure she won't apologize to her son, but I need to see some egg on her face! She's beyond annoying when shes starts railing about Nikolas and his "Cassadine" ways. Shut up! 

Stick around and help raise him? Helena kidnapped her and Stavros regularly raped her and the one time she did try to go back for him, Helena kidnapped Lesley and let Laura think she died. Maybe she should but out; unlike her mother raising Lulu while she was sick, Spencer was sent off to boarding school instead of being with Laura when Nik pretended to be dead. However Laura not raising Nikolas was more complicated. I also don't think Stefan raised him to be like that either. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I think it's

Spencer: 
cockroach, fake blood maybe fake hand?

Stalker w/cute long hair Nurse assistant:
creepy teddy with Ryan's voice, car fire

Yeah. he was really shaky his first few days but man he sold it these last two days. 

RIGHT?! it made my heart grow 3 sizes

Sorry.

Edited by seasons

LIne of the day:   Nik to Carly:  I"m not taking parenting advice from you.  Remind me again why Joss is here with a bodyguard.    Hee hee hee.  You go Nik!

27 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If the Five Families think the Corinthos org isn't stable, can't they just try to take them out?

Jason said something today about it being mutually beneficial that they all work together, so I'm guessing they all have something on the others and if one of them gets taken out, the rest will end up in legal trouble.  That's what I got out of that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Stick around and help raise him? Helena kidnapped her and Stavros regularly raped her and the one time she did try to go back for him, Helena kidnapped Lesley and let Laura think she died. Maybe she should but out; unlike her mother raising Lulu while she was sick, Spencer was sent off to boarding school instead of being with Laura when Nik pretended to be dead. However Laura not raising Nikolas was more complicated. I also don't think Stefan raised him to be like that either. 

Laura gets on my nerves when it comes to Nikols. They retconned her to have this son, and IIRC, she was written to have voluntarily abandoned him. I do not remember all the details, but I vaguely recall that being the story. 

I'm not saying what Nikolas did was right, but I understand why he did it. As he said to her today, he wanted Spencer to really understand how it feels to be terrified. I get that. She can say, "Hey, I understand but this probably wasn't the best way to handle the situation" w/o coming off like a judgmental witch!!! Especiallywhen she's buddy-buddies w/mobsters and other criminals. Shut up, Laura! 

The bias and favoritism toward certain characters on this show is ridiculous. All crimes are awful unless committed by the holy three: Carly, Jason, and Sonny. Oh, and Michael and Josslyn. 🙄

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Carly.: sounds like Trina is in good hands, let's get out of here I have my mob business to get done

I thought that was hilarious.  It was such a "we have to leave the park now, because I have 8 loads of laundry to do and I have to call the guy from the bank again.  I have shit to do child, let's go"   I actually thought LW played that really well.  (You are my top priority but get your ass in the boat I've got a mob meeting to swan into)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Joss getting involved in Mobby business. this is what Jax is afraid of, dumb bunnies..  

I find it ironic that everyone gets their panties in a bunch if Michael even mentions wanting to be part of the business, and eveyrone was adament that Morgan would not be allowed in and yet Josslyn, who's not even Sonny's daughter, seems to be the one that's going to become part of "the family" without even trying too hard.   I mean she dismissed Cam because she realized Carly was in a mood and knew that it was mob related and wanted to discuss with her mom without Cam present.  Girl is grooming herself to take over where Mikey and Morgan just couldn't.  All because Carly wants to be besties with her daughter.  Somerwhere Kristina's really pissed!!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Ryan Lavery is taunting his guard and some re-shot him/Scout shots. meh.  Okay. I thought i liked Sam's skirt, but i don't like the top of it. and and I'm tired of her tank top. Also again if someone i thought was dead was calling me, I wouldn't be whisper.. it was drew... with wide eyes lol I'd be a bit more freaked out.  Now she thinks Drew is alive. and is like. "yay." Come ON KeMo.  

She just delivers everything the same way, but she misted her eyes today so gotta give some props there.

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Laura gets on my nerves when it comes to Nikols. They retconned her to have this son, and IIRC, she was written to have voluntarily abandoned him. I do not remember all the details, but I vaguely recall that being the story. 

Yes, they retconned Nikolas’s existence, but she was kept a hostage and forced to marry Stavros (though that wasn’t legal), and he raped her. There were flashbacks that she and Stefan had a relationship behind Stavros’s back, so there was a time when Stefan thought Nikolas was his. Which is why Laura left without Nikolas when she finally escaped. She thought his “father” would be raising him.

That all said, Laura can shut up. Until the phone call about the car fire, Spencer, that pretentious, piece of shit, looked like he might, just might admit what he’d done. But nope. 

I laughed my ass off at how Jaysus’ replies weren’t good enough for this ridiculous “Five Families”, where only ONE is Italian. And only three showed up.

I liked Cameron as Drew. 

Me at the preview where SheBeast asks Jason what part of their wedding will be about them, as if it wasn’t a business decision: 😂🤣🤣🤣😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆

• Love 4

I adored Billy Miller and was sad that they let him go and sadder to hear they were bringing Drew back minus BM.  I have not seen CM in anything else so I have no pre-judment on him.  Having said that, I don't hate CM as Drew.  Although right now he's not Drew so much as new guy, but i'm not hating it.  We'll see what happenes when he integrates with Sam, Curtis and othe PCs.  

By contrast, I'm still hating new Spencer.  Cannot stand him.  Don't see what others are seeing including today with the attempted teary-ness with Nik.  He still comes across as creepy with Trina and I don't like it.  

End of rant!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

LIne of the day:   Nik to Carly:  I"m not taking parenting advice from you.  Remind me again why Joss is here with a bodyguard.    Hee hee hee.  You go Nik!

Jason said something today about it being mutually beneficial that they all work together, so I'm guessing they all have something on the others and if one of them gets taken out, the rest will end up in legal trouble.  That's what I got out of that.  

Yeah they built it so if one falls, they all fall.  so Basically, the Corinthos are part of the Five Families. Ms Woo, Novak, and the 2 other guys, and Sonny/Carly/Jason. but I love how none of these people care one iota about the Corinthos at all. It just makes me happy, sort oflike they are only powerful in their own heads. 

7 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I'm not saying what Nikolas did was right, but I understand why he did it. As he said to her today, he wanted Spencer to really understand how it feels to be terrified.

Yeah - the idea was sound the execution - kinda shaky on the landing (and to be fair to Spencer (as fair one could be) - I don't think he realized that there were other (more scarier) stalker-y things happening to Ava. (like we all thought he was doing everything) but now it's clearly, he was doing the childish stuff (roach, hand, blood), and Ryan Disciple was doing what was truly terrifying Ava (the Teddy Bear). So to Spencer, it's like "Dude, you pretend to stab me over a cockroach?!" (which is a rightly reaction), where as NIk is thinking I'm going to terrify you (see freaking out Ava and me). Sprina was awesome and again, I think Spencer was kinda hesitating to come clean to what he did do but he figured why not just milk the entire thing. (and as someone pointed out, now it's Trina that he risks losing (because she loves Ava), vs. Nik. 

Also yah. I am team shut up, Laura. quite frankly, you were part of Spencer being spoiled, lady, so. let's just roll it back about Nik spoiling Spencer. 

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

All because Carly wants to be besties with her daughter.

It's Gilmore Girls: Mob Edition

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Me at the preview where SheBeast asks Jason what part of their wedding will be about them, as if it wasn’t a business decision: 😂🤣🤣🤣😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆

Please tell me how to do smilies, because i saw that and I died. that was so hilarious. like NONE OF IT. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn't know if I could talk spoilers here but yes!!!! How moronic was that line? "Is our fake marriage going to be about us? Ummm . . . no, it's not b/c it's a fake marriage."

I heard her say that and literally asked out loud, "How much of a moron are you, Carly?" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

When the Five Families met in May:

Nina Wu, of the Triad.

Mr. Buscema, of the Cosa Nostra.

Vincent Novak, of the Five Points Gang.

Carly Corinthos, for the Northern Seafront.

Cyrus Renault, for the Renault Organization.

Mrs Wu was there today.  Did we see Novak?  The first guy that got up to leave must have been Mr Buscema.  So someone else is now head of Cyrus' group or did they disband?  Who are the Five now??  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's straight-up killing me to watch everyone take turns wagging their finger in Nikolas' face and yelling at what an awful father he is while Spencer cries crocodile tears and plays the victim. And the thing is, nobody's reaction here is particularly wrong. Laura's correct that Nikolas resorted to cheap theatrics rather than confronting his kid, and Spencer should be pissed at what his dad did to him. But as the audience, it's infuriating that Spencer is using his dad's stupidity to gain sympathy and absolve himself of crimes we know he's guilty of committing. We saw him breaking into the art gallery, and we can assume from the lies he told about the cockroach that he's responsible for it, too. He's certainly not an innocent here yet Nikolas handed him all the ammunition he needs to shift the blame off his shoulders.

(Side note: wasn't there some exclusive designer shoe print found in connection to Ava's break-in that would be concrete proof of Spencer's involvement? Has that not been mentioned again?)

I fucking loved Drew and I loved Drew with Sam and I'm on board for Cameron Mathison in this role. Letting the memory of his daughter be the driving force for his survival was the exact right way to reintroduce the character. Drew was so warm, respectable and just good and he definitely deserves another shot at life on this show.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina Wu, of the Triad.

Mrs Wu was there today.  Did we see Novak?  The first guy that got up to leave must have been Mr Buscema.  So someone else is now head of Cyrus' group or did they disband?  Who are the Five now??  

same five. 
Novak said he can't wait to get his invite. 

Should be interesting to see how KM interacts with CM on screen. I guess.

Spencer has some interesting creepy characteristics of Ryan. 👹

They even look alike

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Please tell me how to do smilies, because i saw that and I died. that was so hilarious. like NONE OF IT. 

I use them from my iPhone, but there is an emoji icon in the editor bar where you can choose a bunch.

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina Wu, of the Triad.

Apparently Corinthos aren’t part of the Five, and Cyrus definitely wasn’t. He crashed that meeting wanting to be part to make it what? The six families? Or would that be seven?🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Just proves how STOOPID this show is. The Triad would never be part of an adversarial mob.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Nik should just shrug when she tells him he's imitating his father. Using his father to browbeat him is just crappy. He wasn't raised by him and Laura's bio dad was an asshole too, although obviously not batshit insane. Besides, it's been 25 years, Nik obviously does not give a fuck.

I thought CM was fine today. I'm sure the UCG is coming though.

Carly: Is anything about this wedding gonna be about us?!

Okay Carly!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Linny said:

(Side note: wasn't there some exclusive designer shoe print found in connection to Ava's break-in that would be concrete proof of Spencer's involvement?

JOrdan said they found the print and were looking into it.  When Spencer heard this, he hightailed it to dump his 'blood' covered boots into a garage container.  And that's the last we heard of it.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nik should just shrug when she tells him he's imitating his father. Using his father to browbeat him is just crappy. He wasn't raised by him and Laura's bio dad was an asshole too, although obviously not batshit insane. Besides, it's been 25 years, Nik obviously does not give a fuck.

I thought CM was fine today. I'm sure the UCG is coming though.

Catch me up...what is UCG?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

t is the same actor.

Thank you!   I was looking out for him, but didn't recognize anyone.  Maybe because the scenes today were darker than the Metrocourt ones.  

Still doesn't explain who the fifth family is:  Corinthos, Wu, Novak, Buscema and ???

Maybe the show can't afford to pay for the other 2 of the Five Families. 

I still don't get why Joey is going around town threatening Carly and Joss and his uncle isn't reining him in. Either the Families have a plan to move against the Corinthos territory or they don't.

Ms. Wu won the day. Please put her in charge.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:52 PM, Daisy said:

and to @perkie1968Oh I know this one -  they basically had two episodes of Jax (rightly) telling Carly she's a bad mother so now joss "needs her" to go to the Island so she can "baby her" and make her feel "Loved and protected" like good mamas  do.

That's probably the reason and also so that Ms. Wu could threaten Carly but it really makes Carly look like a dilettante, a wannabe mob queen instead a real head of a Family.

I want Jax and Lieso to team up because Jax is in way over his head in terms of subterfuge and Liesl hates Jason for hurting Britt .

51 minutes ago, seasons said:

So Spencer is just going to let everyone think he didn't do any of it?

I think he was feeling Trina out to see if she would forgive him if he admitted his part. She's the only one he seems to care about .

I am liking the actor more and more. He is playing layers better thanmany of the seasoned cast. 

28 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I didn't know if I could talk spoilers here but yes!!!! How moronic was that line? "Is our fake marriage going to be about us? Ummm . . . no, it's not b/c it's a fake marriage."

I heard her say that and literally asked out loud, "How much of a moron are you, Carly?" 

No Upper Limit on Carly idiocy.

No Nixon Falls or Millow today. Thank you soap opera gods.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Thank you!   I was looking out for him, but didn't recognize anyone.  Maybe because the scenes today were darker than the Metrocourt ones.  

Still doesn't explain who the fifth family is:  Corinthos, Wu, Novak, Buscema and ???

Here's the primer on the Five Families. Everything you ever wanted to know and then some. It does appear that there was only four families at today's meeting. It looks like whoever is representing the Russian contingent was absent?

13 minutes ago, Hater said:

Catch me up...what is UCG?

Unintentional Comedy Gold.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I adored Billy Miller and was sad that they let him go and sadder to hear they were bringing Drew back minus BM.  I have not seen CM in anything else so I have no pre-judment on him.  Having said that, I don't hate CM as Drew.  Although right now he's not Drew so much as new guy, but i'm not hating it.  We'll see what happenes when he integrates with Sam, Curtis and othe PCs.  

By contrast, I'm still hating new Spencer.  Cannot stand him.  Don't see what others are seeing including today with the attempted teary-ness with Nik.  He still comes across as creepy with Trina and I don’t like it.

Same here.  I don’t get the hype about him, the actor, or the nonsense with Trina.  When he was attempting to cry and the yelling, I was laughing before I changed the channel.  That wasn’t a great piece of acting.  I wanted Trina to be with someone Black so throwing her with Spencer is not cool.

I don’t really like anything with the show lately.  I’ve just been so bored because all of the focus is on characters I don’t care about.  Spencer has been on every single day since he showed up.  He led the episode count for July.  He’s probably going to lead again for August.