Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why are Sam and theoretically Lucas at the adoption celebration Leo is ending his Jerome association

Olivia said she didn't want to cut all ties to Julian, that she wanted Leo to have good memories of his birth father, even though Ned would now be his legal father.  Ergo, keeping his half sister and half brother in his life.  

Do people not realize Sam and Lucas will always be related to Leo regardless of who his legal father is? And it's not as if Sam and Lucas grew up with Julian, so no one has any fond stories. Leo will not be bombarded with memories of Julian unless they're snide/unpleasant ones.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You meant Alexis/Valentin/Martin right?  

Yes, thanks.

I was thinking that Alexis and Martin snarking at each other in legalese could lay the foundation for a new relationship for her.

I hope that they don't waste Martin on Nina or Sam.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Do people not realize Sam and Lucas will always be related to Leo regardless of who his legal father is? And it's not as if Sam and Lucas grew up with Julian, so no one has any fond stories. Leo will not be bombarded with memories of Julian unless they're snide/unpleasant ones.

No, they don't. The Sonny/Michael/AJ situation poisoned the town and if you just declare yourself a child's father enough, then the bio one becomes fat, dies, and ceases to count in any way. Pretty sure Sonny and Carly view the Q house as Michael's (sometimes) employers giving him housing. 

• Love 5

So... Sonny's just gonna take a room and wash dishes and wear plaid, even though he knows he's married and probably has a family out there. Cuz, I might, you know, ask the police for help identifying me, or have some news stations run my picture or, you know, put my fucking face on social media so someone can recognize it. But hey, working at a bar with no customers and only talking to two people is good too. Jesus God. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Martin is too smart for Sam, thank goodness. She likes 'em big and stupid.

if she's paired with Dante that will be small and stupid. And hey, she was paired with Patrick and the first Dr. Michael Easton for a while!

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Olivia said she didn't want to cut all ties to Julian, that she wanted Leo to have good memories of his birth father, even though Ned would now be his legal father.  Ergo, keeping his half sister and half brother in his life.  

If she wanted Leo to have good memories of Julian, the last people who would have any to share with him are Lucas and especially Sam. She would have better luck with Ava and even she pulled a gun on him on his multiple death tour.

Is Britt dying? She mentioned to Jason that she "plan to do good with the time that she has left."

I don't care show how many times you keep saying that Franco is dying? I don't believe it. And even if he did die, I don't care and I will be thrilled that Liz and her boys can move on from the Franco Project.

• Love 8

Dear Ulkis

With regard to your comment about Sam looking like Morticia Addams, I wanted to make you aware of the possibility of a soap opera convergence because on The Bold and the Beautiful Steffy is currently resembling Cousin Itt and her lips also look like she's been hit with a metal pipe. Coincidence?

• LOL 7

You know. 
I feel i'm supposed to feel sorry for Olivia... but I don't. (I'm not condoning the cheating ned did and the lie etc). but still. 

it was the whole entitlement of "Why don't you TELL ME TRACY WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON." like i'm surprised Tracy spilled the beans basically. I just felt like they really just wanted to have this hit the fan for the sake of hitting the fan. 

The covidness is really showing on the show because since no kissing you just get "I LOVE YOU" (big friendly hug) lol.

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Is Britt dying? She mentioned to Jason that she "plan to do good with the time that she has left."

I caught that too.  Recently they showed her hand shaking and I wonder if she inherited Huntington’s from her father?  

• Useful 3
47 minutes ago, texastornado said:

I caught that too.  Recently they showed her hand shaking and I wonder if she inherited Huntington’s from her father?  

i caught that as well. I didn't realise her father had had Huntington's. that would be sad if Britt got it too

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 1

I thought Franco's "inoperable" tumor was "pared down" after the Floating Rib explosion, and that all he needed was radiation treatments and would be fine?  Have they re-written this again?

They've left themselves lots of flex room on Franco's tumour. The surgery did cut some of it out, enough that they can treat with radiation and hope that cures it keeping the character alive, but also leaving enough in that they can go OMG! Franco's tumour is back! and worry that he's going to die.

My feeling is that Cameron doesn't want to accept the Stanford offer because he wants to stick around for his family if something happens to Franco. (And also because the show doesn't want to lose Lipton.)

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They've left themselves lots of flex room on Franco's tumour. The surgery did cut some of it out, enough that they can treat with radiation and hope that cures it keeping the character alive, but also leaving enough in that they can go OMG! Franco's tumour is back! and worry that he's going to die.

My feeling is that Cameron doesn't want to accept the Stanford offer because he wants to stick around for his family if something happens to Franco. (And also because the show doesn't want to lose Lipton.)

College or another opportunity gives them an easy out if Lipton ever wants to leave. They will screw it up like Guza/JFP screwed up ending original Georgie's time on GH.

• Love 2

For that matter, after so much was made of Liz's shifts at the hospital being drastically reduced under the Cyrus/Britt regime, she seems to be working as much as she ever did. I don't remember any scene in which she was told, "Never mind; we're not doing that after all." Was that solely about giving her a motivation to participate in the fleecing of Ava and Nikolas?

I laughed earlier this week when Ava was talking about Nina/Jax and said, "Wow! A drama-free relationship!" The show has a few of those, Ava, and not in a good way!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ulkis said:

Tracy: your betrayal cost my family dearly.

Sam: if you want to talk ELQ, I'm game for it whenever?

Is it too hard for Elvira to issue an apology instead of that oh so snappy come back? 

She’s not sorry. And she’d do it all over again in a nanosecond if it got her what she wants: Jason.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

PCU is just as good as an Ivy, you know.

Better! Didn't Kristina leave Harvard for it? Joss will go there for sure because we will never be rid of Eden McCoy.

It sounds weird though. Aren't most of the Ivy League universities in the US named after people rather than places, Princeton being the exception?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Didn't Kristina leave Harvard for it?

Yale, I think. (Alexis's alma mater.) But she wasn't too sad to go because she thought Sonny influenced her acceptance, or something along those lines.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Aren't most of the Ivy League universities in the US named after people rather than places, Princeton being the exception?

No, there's also the University of Pennsylvania. And Columbia is named after Christopher Columbus rather than a benefactor.

5 hours ago, Daisy said:

The covidness is really showing on the show because since no kissing you just get "I LOVE YOU" (big friendly hug) lol.

I thought that was kind of sweet like aww, they’re hugging instead of molesting each other that’s really cute.  Then I remembered COVID. The whole Nelle thing is so going to blow up in Jax’s face.  Pity, because I do like him but for fucks sake, hasn’t Nina been jerked around about this kid enough!?

This happened a few days ago but I laughed and laughed when the nurse lady taking care of Sonny told her husband Sonny had already eaten and Sonny was like IT WAS DELICIOUS so earnestly.  I don’t know why I found that so funny.  I hope Sonny doesn’t remember his life for a good long time.  

Of course Ava is going to get full custody of Avery, first of all she is her mother and second of all she should never have had her custody taken away to start with.  It’s so hard to feel sorry for Carly, even when she’s legitimately going through something horrible.  

• Love 10

I think Sonny paid someone to ensure that Kristina got into Yale, so she believed that she didn't get in on the work she had put into it.  She's like the opposite of the College Scandal kids in that she had no idea and was pissed enough to leave the school when she found out.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Better! Didn't Kristina leave Harvard for it? Joss will go there for sure because we will never be rid of Eden McCoy.

Not by choice.  Kristina got kicked out/flunked out of Yale.

38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

t sounds weird though. Aren't most of the Ivy League universities in the US named after people rather than places, Princeton being the exception?

Columbia and University of PA are also Ivy League and not named after people.  

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cam will probably end up going to PCU if they want to keep Lipton around. PCU is just as good as an Ivy, you know.

And apparently just attending a few classes at PCU is better than an Ivy League degree. Has anyone ever graduated from PCU on this show before getting their undeserved position?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

If they were smart (heh) they would have Cam attend some other good school in the upstate NY area and do a lot of online classes and have "on campus" time here and there.  That way they can have him around when they want to and have a handy and reasonable excuse to not have him when they don't.  Some place where he could drive to, or take a train or whatever to, for the day.

• Love 1

Cynthia Watros is looking real good the days. She looked beautiful yesterday. I’m looking for her to go full on Annie Dutton when she finds out what Jax & Carly kept from her about Nell. When Watros was first hired I thought she’d be more kooky as Nina like Michelle Stafford was but they (the writers) and she (Watros) played her differently. Now, when the secret is finally revealed I think she’ll go nuts. I’m guessing Ava will egg this on by spilling the beans on the necklace that she now has in her possession. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, texastornado said:

I recall when LWB/FS asking for a Huntington test exposed him as FS, there was exposition that an off-screen Britt had been tested and was negative.  Would that stop the writers necessarily?  No.  But it's worth noting.

And I've seen a lot of people point to that hand shaking as possibly an illness, but I had thought it was just nerves about being caught up in a mob war.  Guess we'll see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I've seen a lot of people point to that hand shaking as possibly an illness, but I had thought it was just nerves about being caught up in a mob war.  Guess we'll see.

She was talking to the almighty Jason Morgan. That would strike fear in anyone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It wasn't Britt who said it, she was in jail/KT wasn't on the show.  I think it might have been Griffin?  Or maybe Maxie when she got baby James tested?

Like I said, it was one line of dialogue so the show could certainly throw it out if they wanted, but it is on the record at this point that she's negative.

• Useful 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:31 PM, dubbel zout said:

So stupid. Finn knows when he slept with Jackie, and he knows when Chase's birthday is. Even I, someone who still counts on her fingers, can do that math.

I don't want Finn to be Chase's father because I like the brotherly vibe they have now, and the handwringing we'll be subject to will be agonizingly dumb. Plus, where's the drama? Chase sees Gregory Harrison as his father, given he's the man who raised him, so...? Pfft. Zzzzz. This show can't sustain drama at all.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, perkie1968 said:

Absolutely.  Chase has this cute puppy dog thing going on when he's around Finn and it's sweet and cute and we can't have that.  So the drama will be Chase being angry that Finn knew he had a chance of bieng his father and didn't say anything all these years.  

I've seen this one before - even on GH, I see it was done with Claudia/Johnny.  But it is different where they grew up together thinking the parent was their sibling.  It sounds like Finn was already grown up and Chase did not see a lot of him during Chase's childhood - in fact they were cold at first, their original story, since Chase hadn't grown up with Finn as an older brother.  

It was done a lot better on an Aussie soap where the mother was 14 and actually lived in the house with her "little sister" who didn't find out until she was grown!  So the mother/older sister knew it all along - makes for a more dramatic betrayal.  

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

If they were smart (heh) they would have Cam attend some other good school in the upstate NY area and do a lot of online classes and have "on campus" time here and there.  That way they can have him around when they want to and have a handy and reasonable excuse to not have him when they don't.  Some place where he could drive to, or take a train or whatever to, for the day.

Cornell University. Ivy League school. It also 2 hour drive to the border of Pennsylvania, to Albany and to Buffalo which is where I always think that Port Charles is supposed to be.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

Is Nell really dead?  I don't understand the mother/daughter reveal if she is.  What's the point without the daughter there to react?

I think the point is for her to go nuts against Carly and Michael.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think the point is for her to go nuts against Carly and Michael.

and Jax. hopefully Nina also doesn't forgive them and becomes a permanent bane of their existance

9 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

College or another opportunity gives them an easy out if Lipton ever wants to leave. They will screw it up like Guza/JFP screwed up ending original Georgie's time on GH.

Georgie's travelling the world having the time of her life. 
That is what my headcanon says. She is NOT Dead. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It wasn't Britt who said it, she was in jail/KT wasn't on the show.  I think it might have been Griffin?  Or maybe Maxie when she got baby James tested?

Found the clip, it's actually Anna who tells Griffin via information she got from Dr. O.  Again, it's one line of dialogue that the writers could easy handwave away, but here it is:

• Useful 2