Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

IDEA:

Florence is found and Carly is implicated.  Bobbie fucks off on "vacation" to a non extradition country, but Carly can't just up and leave like that, not permanently.  So, the cops are putting pressure on Jason to rat, which he won't, but they can compel him to testify against Carly..... so he marries her to keep that from happening.  Then Sonny wanders in and they decide to hide his return and keep him in a safe house for a while to keep that MOC intact.  Sonny has amnesia, so they lie to him and keep him in the dark about his real past because he's a loose cannon.  He remembers.  Drama ensues!!

/end crazy drama written by amateur hack (as opposed to the professional ones who get paid)

Edited by ouinason
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The fact that unless LW is in contract negotiations, Carly and Jason are going to skate on kidnapping that sick old woman, like everyone skated on killing AJ and Kate Howard.

Even if Bobbie were to leave to a country to someplace with no extradition, she will still need protection from Cyrus' wrath, so she would probably have to either cut communication with all of her family or it would have to be heavily encrypted. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Yeah, when Julian is dying he gets tormented by Connie and Duke who urge him to go on and die already! When Sonny is dying he gets Angel Mike who hugs and encourages him. I guess God wuvs Sonny, but Julian is going to hell. 

Didn't he have another episode a few years back where he had to reflect on the horrors that fell upon his family because of the choices he made but somehow the conclusion was that he wouldn't change a thing? Maybe after Sam shot him? Ava's episode had her daughter growing up hating her 😄.

I am having a hard time with this Cyrus stuff. He came to town as a legit threat. stealing Sonny's cargo, luring agents to Port Charles so Jordan can find them OD'd, targeted shootouts with Sonny's family, kidnapping Cam and Trina so he could kill Taggart and this was all from PRISON. Now he believes Jason has kidnapped his mother and instead of retaliating by kidnapping someone Jason loves, or blowing up things and taking Sonny's territory, he is killing competition in hopes Jason will be grateful? scared? And Jason seems to want the escalation. Its like he (and Cyrus) has forgotten what Cyrus is capable of. I also didn't buy that the Cyrus we were introduced to would try to join forces with a failed mobster. This is why mob stories don't belong on GH. If they stayed consistent, Cyrus would be owning the east coast by now.

All I can say about Sasha/Michael/Willow/Chase is that the art of the 'triangle" is lost. These friendships are now awkward. Kill it with fire. It is also annoying that they talk about this marriage like it wasn't a marriage of convenience.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 11

Since when can nurses discharge patients and take them to bars? This story gets more and more inane, if that's even possible. (Spoiler: It is!)

Love, love, love Tracy and Finn's friendship. "Am I invited to this wedding, or do I have to crash?" "Which do you prefer?" "I'll crash, and I want the chicken." "Good choice."

They are really pushing Sasha's rehab.

I had to laugh at Sam's tough talk to Olivia about seeing things through to the end, even if it leads to Olivia's family, because Sam isn't exactly one to face unpleasant news head on.

"The security code is Scout's birthday." "Oh, I can remember that." Can you, Sam? Do you remember you even have children?

It looks like we're heading back to Chase/Willow and Michael/Sasha, so way to keep the drama going, Show. (Not that it was dramatic by any means, but you know what I mean.)

15 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

It is also annoying that they talk about this marriage like it wasn't a marriage of convenience.

It's never just a marriage of convenience when that sexual powerhouse Michael Corinthos is involved.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

Tracy and Finn were fun.

They should write Millow off. Michael has to have a solid six month break and be re tooled. 

Now Sonny's gonna defeat the thief with no weapons? Come. ON. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Love, love, love Tracy and Finn's friendship. "Am I invited to this wedding, or do I have to crash?" "Which do you prefer?" "I'll crash, and I want the chicken." "Good choice."

Michael Easton may not be a dynamic romantic partner on this show, but he does platonic friendships *really* well and this is a stellar one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

Unintentionally funny moment of the day(for me)

Chase, at MetroCourt bar, nursing a beer, Michael sits down.
Michael: I'll have what he's having.

(me, from the couch, Woooooooo! YEAH you did!)

I'll show myself out.

So, the way that scene played out, Michael thinks Chase and Willow had sex, when Chase just meant they kissed. The writers seems determined avoid anyone being a schemer in this situation, so I guess we're just going to keep getting people almost saying what they mean. Willow and Michael are about to have their umpteenth conversation about what they feel for each other. Blech.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Husband who doesn't trust Sonny, doesn't like Sonny, will end this story arc loving Sonny and calling him a good man. It's so effin' predictable.

Michael is still a sad sack.

I had forgotten that Tracy and Finn were friends. And Finn is dwelling a lot on possibly being Chase's father. I'm assuming the truth will be outed about everything, including his paternity and his life will spiral out.

I don't mind Sam and Olivia teaming up like this. 

This whole mob story is not great. As in bad. And Jason's reply to Brick about bad things happening to bad people when he asked why he would kidnap Florence was so out there. How if Florence a bad person, you shit for brains?

Instead of Cyrus helping the Corinthos organization by gunning down half a dozen people, just grab someone important in Jason's life. Here's a hint, either Carly or Michael will serve. Don't bother with Sam and any children Jason has, he doesn't care about any of them enough.

• Love 11

Jason saying "Bad things happen to bad people" referring to Cyrus being bad, was so gross. Carly was the bad person who did this bad thing and stop pretending that you have to keep Florence kidnapped.

Also gross was the whole set up where Sonny is going to take down a young, apparently athletic guy so that he play a hero and have the husband grateful to him. I wish the thief would just shoot him.

9 hours ago, lorj said:

What nurse makes dinner for a hospital patient? A patient gets hospital food. 

But he's not just a patient, he's SONNY!

8 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it was just so that we hear Sonny say Bolognese. 

Mispronounce Bolognese. Or maybe so that the nurse can speculate that he's a five star chef

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's never just a marriage of convenience when that sexual powerhouse Michael Corinthos is involved.

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason saying "Bad things happen to bad people" referring to Cyrus being bad, was so gross. Carly was the bad person who did this bad thing and stop pretending that you have to keep Florence kidnapped.

It also sounded like he was saying Florence deserved to be kidnapped. Jason sucks.

18 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought Sonny and the nurse had nice chemistry (not in a romantic sense)

I really hate that they made her gush over what a great guy Sonny is when she hasn't the faintest idea who he is. They could at least make her wary of this random amnesiac. Her husband had the right idea at the start, by being completely contemptuous of Sonny, but of course he has to fold and give Sonny a job. He's got amnesia! Maybe work a little harder to figure who he is first, huh? Has Sonny even been there overnight?

• Love 5

Previews: oh look, Sonny is going head to head with a gunman. Was it wrong that my first reaction was to say ‘shoot!’? 

about today’s shock I’d forgotten how much I adore Finn and Tracy. Really hope she sticks around cause he needs a friend.

Sam, dear lord, I beg you, take some uppers. Or a caffeine infusion. Or something! Just please wake the fuck up already. It takes her 10 minutes to spit out one sentence. And that sentence consists of three words!

I was sure Phyllis’ husband recognized Sonny and that’s why he told Sonny to get out. More’s the pity that he didn’t just throw him out on his ass. ‘I don’t want charity. I’ll work in the kitchen.’ Yeah okay. Sonny Corinthos, crime lord, is going to get his hands dirty washing dishes?

I have little else to say about today’s episode because  I was so bored I played Words with Friends while watching.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

All I can say about Sasha/Michael/Willow/Chase is that the art of the 'triangle" is lost. These friendships are now awkward. Kill it with fire. It is also annoying that they talk about this marriage like it wasn't a marriage of convenience.

YES, please!!

I laughed at Michael's sulking and jealous reaction to hearing how Chase and Willow's dinner went and that "it happened, we didn't mean to." I'm not so sure though that he is assuming sex, not a kiss, because I think he knew they were having dinner at the Metrocourt - not Chase's apartment? It's not like either Chase or Willow had a room booked at the Metrocourt in case things escalated.

Michael is mad that Willow is definitely still strongly attracted to and in love with Chase, despite being married to him for however many months now and having sex with him twice.  He's used to getting everything he wants handed to him.  That first snarky comment to Chase about his dinner conversation with Willow made him look like the pathetic, insecure ass he is. His dismissive attitude about Chase's genuine concern for the Corinthos/Q Family's safety was shitty too.  The "it's being handled" line certainly made him sound like Sonny Jr./Jason. Chase dear, please get a real male buddy because Michael is not one.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"The security code is Scout's birthday." "Oh, I can remember that." Can you, Sam? Do you remember you even have children?

Me: Sam, do you want a pop quiz? Just to be safe?

😂

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It also sounded like he was saying Florence deserved to be kidnapped. Jason sucks.

Maybe work a little harder to figure who he is first, huh? Has Sonny even been there overnight?

It really did, and my thought was "Why does anyone think you're decent/honest and/or a good guy?" UGH!!!

I thought the same thing - there has been zero effort to find out his identity.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9

Ugh. Sweet Jesus. What is next? Sonny pulls a pregnant woman from a fiery car crash and delivers the baby himself. (She names the boy Mike.) Then he volunteers to cook his 5-star chef meals for the local homeless shelter. Afterwards, he adopts a blind rescue dog. 

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought the same thing - there has been zero effort to find out his identity.

What? Phyllis phoned the local police. And she looked at the back of Sonny wristwatch for clues. What more could you want? Fingerprints and looking through the police reports of missing persons?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Line of the day goes to Cyrus, "Water under the bridge".  I can't remember the last time this show made me lol, but that did it.

Yes, show, give us an ex-marine that needs Sonny to fight his battles.  After hypothermia and a head injury, Phyllis sure checked "Mike" out of the hospital fast.  (Yeah, they're going back tomorrow for tests, but really?)  If they build Sonny up any more, they'll have to dress him in tights and a cape.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You never forget a day you rolled around in cat feces down by the river and gave birth through your jeans.

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You never forget a day you rolled around in cat feces down by the river and gave birth through your jeans.

Don't go underestimating Sam McCall!

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Phyllis phoned the local police.

It's interesting that they never said which city Sonny has ended up in, because there is no way that a major crime boss would disapear and be presumed dead and it doesn't make the news in every town within a 10000 mile radius.  Even if the local police haven't heard there would be something on the internet at the very least.  It would have made more sense if they had gone the Misery way, with someone coming across his body, dragging him to their shack and either not bothering to find out who he is, or knowing and keeping quiet about it.  All in the open, not far from where he originated and no one knows who he is is just dumb.  

Also dumb, this Finn might be Chase's father, story.  If Chase wasn't born 9 months after Finn slept with Jackie, then move on.  If his birthday is 9 months later, than there should be no hesitation, Finn's got a 50/50 shot of being dad.  This whole, "Jackie said the dates don't match up" is just wuh?  

14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Line of the day goes to Cyrus, "Water under the bridge".

I love that he said it in the context of, "i was going to say that but it wouldn't have been appropriate' as he says it anyway!

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

This whole, "Jackie said the dates don't match up" is just wuh?  

So stupid. Finn knows when he slept with Jackie, and he knows when Chase's birthday is. Even I, someone who still counts on her fingers, can do that math.

I don't want Finn to be Chase's father because I like the brotherly vibe they have now, and the handwringing we'll be subject to will be agonizingly dumb. Plus, where's the drama? Chase sees Gregory Harrison as his father, given he's the man who raised him, so...? Pfft. Zzzzz. This show can't sustain drama at all.

Edited by dubbel zout
better example
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Finn to be Chase's father because I like the brotherly vibe they have now

Absolutely.  Chase has this cute puppy dog thing going on when he's around Finn and it's sweet and cute and we can't have that.  So the drama will be Chase being angry that Finn knew he had a chance of bieng his father and didn't say anything all these years.  

• Love 5

Man, I see the make up people are still top notch! Mooby’s cut, which was across the middle of his forehead-with that laughable fresh blood, has now moved itself up to the left side of his temple!

And ewwwww! Mooby can’t bother to wash and clean under his fingernails!!! My eyes couldn’t look away when the camera zoomed in on his wedding ring.

When did Novak become an Italian name? As far as I know (based on numerous documentaries and Godfather movies), The Five Families had ITALIAN names. This Show.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 4
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

If Chase wasn't born 9 months after Finn slept with Jackie, then move on.  If his birthday is 9 months later, than there should be no hesitation

Maybe Finn doesn't know that it takes 9 months after sex (well, technically 8 1/2). I know he's a doctor but this is Port Charles after all.

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pfft. Zzzzz. This show can't sustain drama at all.

That describes a lot of stories currently on the show ... Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha/Brando, Molly/TJ/Brando, Jprdam/Curtis' marital problems,  Maxie/Peter, Sonny's Travels, anything Sam is in.

Zzzzzz

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yes, show, give us an ex-marine that needs Sonny to fight his battles.

Ex-Marine with a really bad Semper Fi tattoo (looks like something took an eyeliner and printed it poorly on the guy's arm) and surly attitude who's married to a nurse who likes to take in 'strays.'  I'm waiting for the "we wanted children of our own, but couldn't have them" to round out my bingo card of cliche peripheral characters.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

lol. i wasn't watching then but i am glad i missed that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

lol. i wasn't watching then but i am glad i missed that. 

Cat Poop Sam was actually kind of fun, relative to Regular Sam. The cat poop made her crazy, i.e. allowed her to see through the mind-altering must-worship-Corinthii brain fog blanketing the town that Sonny created by sacrificing kittens to the eldritch horror living in Spoon Lake, so that she attempted to save everyone by shooting him and abandoning him in a hole to die, but, alas, the magic was too strong; Sonny survived and Sam fell under its sway once again, sapping most of her energy and leaving her a hollowed-out husk of a woman unable to speak above a low mutter.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Isn't pregnancy technically 10 months (or, 9 1/2)?

Anyway, if Jackie said "nope, the timing is wrong" and I was Finn, I would assume she had a period after they slept together.  

I have seen this Chase thing coming since.... since he showed up really (though I did not see sleeping with your future stepmom the night before the wedding) so this is all kinda boring for me at this point.

46 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Isn't pregnancy technically 10 months (or, 9 1/2)?

Anyway, if Jackie said "nope, the timing is wrong" and I was Finn, I would assume she had a period after they slept together.  

I have seen this Chase thing coming since.... since he showed up really (though I did not see sleeping with your future stepmom the night before the wedding) so this is all kinda boring for me at this point.

I assume Finn knows his brother's birthday and it's not exactly difficult to date his ONS with Jackie if it happened the night before the wedding. So if Finn was born circa 9 months after the wedding ...

You know, the only reason I will support the (weak) Lucas recast is if they intend to give him a new love interest and Ryan Carnes was not available for more airtime, as I do remember he didn't want to be made a regular. But as it stands, I don't see any development on that front - Lucas is little more than a glorified dayplayer at this point and there's no sign of another gay man in sight. Heck, now that Brando no longer resembles Lucas, they could hook them up?

10 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Cat Poop Sam was actually kind of fun, relative to Regular Sam. The cat poop made her crazy, i.e. allowed her to see through the mind-altering must-worship-Corinthii brain fog blanketing the town that Sonny created by sacrificing kittens to the eldritch horror living in Spoon Lake, so that she attempted to save everyone by shooting him and abandoning him in a hole to die, but, alas, the magic was too strong; Sonny survived and Sam fell under its sway once again, sapping most of her energy and leaving her a hollowed-out husk of a woman unable to speak above a low mutter.

It truly was the only time within the last 3 years or so that Sam besides LH's brief appearance was remotely tolerable.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Finn to be Chase's father because I like the brotherly vibe they have now, and the handwringing we'll be subject to will be agonizingly dumb. Plus, where's the drama? Chase sees Gregory Harrison as his father, given he's the man who raised him, so...? Pfft. Zzzzz. This show can't sustain drama at all.

21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Absolutely.  Chase has this cute puppy dog thing going on when he's around Finn and it's sweet and cute and we can't have that.  So the drama will be Chase being angry that Finn knew he had a chance of bieng his father and didn't say anything all these years.  

They’re certainly dropping plenty of anvils, and have been doing so for a while, but what’s the point? WTD almost always sucks and ~30 years later, is just about assured to. Plus it reminds me of the awful and preposterous Claudia/Johnny WTM retcon.  The only near-certain outcome is to screw up the Chase/Finn chemistry, which is really good.

I’d forgotten that Finn and Tracy had a bit of history so their scenes were an awesome surprise.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

They’re certainly dropping plenty of anvils, and have been doing so for a while, but what’s the point? WTD almost always sucks and ~30 years later, is just about assured to.

I think it would be different if Chase had grown up on screen and we knew his family well. The Lily Winters reveal took years before she was finally revealed to be Shamar Moore's (I'm totally blanking out on his character's name) instead of Neil's. 

As much as I enjoy Chase and I enjoy his interactions with Finn, I don't feel any sort of emotional attachment to the reveal and it doesn't help that Jackie isn't on screen all that much or that she and her husband have barely shared a scene together. 

Plus a reveal like this, I bet you anything that the writers will not invest any sort of time to explore the emotional impact this has on anyone involved in the story because they're not Corinthos.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

the emotional impact this has on anyone involved in the story

I honestly don't see there being all that much. There will be hurt feelings and all of that, but no one is going to scream "betraaaaaayaaaal" the way Sonny does. The drama was years ago; I feel like bringing it up now is pointless. Everyone is an adult. One of the stupidest things about it is that it could give Finn another surprise kid. Been there, badly done that. It's absurd the show decides to do a repeat when it wasn't much of a story the first time around. I'll never understand the recycling of a story for the same character.

Ugh, this show is so creatively bankrupt.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it would be different if Chase had grown up on screen and we knew his family well. The Lily Winters reveal took years before she was finally revealed to be Shamar Moore's (I'm totally blanking out on his character's name) instead of Neil's. 

As much as I enjoy Chase and I enjoy his interactions with Finn, I don't feel any sort of emotional attachment to the reveal and it doesn't help that Jackie isn't on screen all that much or that she and her husband have barely shared a scene together. 

Plus a reveal like this, I bet you anything that the writers will not invest any sort of time to explore the emotional impact this has on anyone involved in the story because they're not Corinthos.

Malcolm. and I agree. And the thing was with that because of the circumstances (Dru hopped up on cold meds), All the party members knew, minus Lily. 

So really chase being Finn's kid.... who cares. like really just have them be brothers. you already gave Finn a kid. 

• Love 5

No matter who Chase's Dad is, he'll always be 100x hotter than Michael. They can't change that, no matter how many hilarious shirt-offs in locker rooms they do. 

Isn't that what's important? 

...Okay but seriously, giving ME three characters isn't work it but snarky deadpan Finn and his relationship with Chase is the best character they've given ME. McBain worked better on GH than OLTL but even here he was always trying to save some woman and was abandoning his child in PA. So of course they have to mess it up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

They’re certainly dropping plenty of anvils, and have been doing so for a while, but what’s the point? WTD almost always sucks and ~30 years later, is just about assured to. Plus it reminds me of the awful and preposterous Claudia/Johnny WTM retcon.  The only near-certain outcome is to screw up the Chase/Finn chemistry, which is really good.

I’d forgotten that Finn and Tracy had a bit of history so their scenes were an awesome surprise.

I don't think it's anything like Johnny/Claudia because it was pretty obvious from the start like @ouinason said and the actors are far enough apart in age, whereas Claudia and Johnny were 4 years apart off screen. I thought they dropped the paternity stuff so I'm pleased they picked it up again; I want Chase to have some drama besides this dumb quad shit, which is not drama at all but all of them twiddling their thumbs. It probably speaks to how milquetoast the show is that I am the most invested in this plot (at least, now they wrote Lulu off).

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

Malcolm. and I agree. And the thing was with that because of the circumstances (Dru hopped up on cold meds), All the party members knew, minus Lily. 

So really chase being Finn's kid.... who cares. like really just have them be brothers. you already gave Finn a kid. 

Violet is just a very cute prop. They might as well have given Finn a giant stuffed bear. I don't know why they bothered. Maybe they were gonna do more with Hayden and then dropped it.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it's anything like Johnny/Claudia because it was pretty obvious from the start like @ouinason said and the actors are far enough apart in age like whereas Claudia and Johnny were 4 years apart off screen. I thought they dropped the paternity stuff so I'm pleased they picked it up again; I want Chase to have some drama besides this dumb quad shit, which is not drama at all but all of them twiddling their thumbs. It probably speaks to how milquetoast the show is that I am the most invested in this plot (at least, now they wrote Lulu off).

Good point you make; when I wondered “what’s the point?” I didn’t think that getting Chase out of the quad orbit was probably enough justification for writing it. It gets JS acting alongside more of the veterans as well. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I want Chase to have some drama besides this dumb quad shit, which is not drama at all but all of them twiddling their thumbs.

Same, but why does it have to be a stupid WTD story? Have him go after Cyrus or be the person who discovers Nelle is alive (even though he was the one who ID'd her body). Something professional, though GH hates writing that.

• Love 4

First off, I thought for sure Nelle was going to be Sonny’s nurse. I guess even FV thought that would be too much. Secondly, has Sonny gone back in time to the 70’s or 80’s? Doesn’t Port Charles have their own MyFace website that Sonny could plaster his picture all over? Being lost and not knowing your name doesn’t work anymore with all the available technology. So dumb.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

First off, I thought for sure Nelle was going to be Sonny’s nurse. I guess even FV thought that would be too much. Secondly, has Sonny gone back in time to the 70’s or 80’s? Doesn’t Port Charles have their own MyFace website that Sonny could plaster his picture all over? Being lost and not knowing your name doesn’t work anymore with all the available technology. So dumb.

Well the whole custody suit took place in the 1950s time warp-where Diane insisted SLS had to marry a practical vestal virgin in order to get custody. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same, but why does it have to be a stupid WTD story? Have him go after Cyrus or be the person who discovers Nelle is alive (even though he was the one who ID'd her body). Something professional, though GH hates writing that.

It's soapy? I'm into melodrama (sometimes) so I don't mind but your ideas would be great too. They did have Chase investigating Cyrus but maybe they dropped that what with him being Laura's brother and having Carly involved.

52 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It's ridiculous especially with Sonny supposedly being the biggest boss on the eastern seaboard and all. But I'll take easier to FF Sonny than Sonny in Port Charles being around other characters and dragging them down.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's soapy?

It could (and should) be, but GH goes to the same well too many times for it to work anymore, IMO. They don't even change the circumstances—Finn once again apparently doesn't know he's a father. At least mix things up a bit—he knew Chase was his but didn't want it to mess up his father's marriage, or he wasn't ready to be a father and knew Gregory Harrison would do a better job, or...something other than "surprise! You have a kid!"

And as others have pointed out, we don't really have much emotional investment in this family. Gregory Harrison and Chase are new, Finn hasn't been that well established despite being engaged to Anna, and Jackie is so on-and-off at the moment she might as well just be a name. Why should I care if the show barely does?

It's so frustrating. 

Edited by dubbel zout
added aggravation
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It could (and should) be, but GH goes to the same well too many times for it to work anymore, IMO. They don't even change the circumstances—Finn once again apparently doesn't know he's a father. At least mix things up a bit—he knew Chase was his but didn't want it to mess up his father's marriage, or he wasn't ready to be a father and knew Gregory Harrison would do a better job, or...something other than "surprise! You have a kid!"

And as others have pointed out, we don't really have much emotional investment in this family. Gregory Harrison and Chase are new, Finn hasn't been that well established despite being engaged to Anna, and Jackie is so on-and-off at the moment she might as well just be a name. Why should I care if the show barely does?

It's so frustrating. 

I wouldn't mind them taking the test and finding out that Finn is not the father. 

• Love 3