Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Go Valentin! Go Brit! Go end of the necklace drama!!!! Good show, and no Sonny! I can even enjoy hating Carly more without Sonny around. 

Speaking of, dear readers, I peaced out before finishing Mo’s memoir. He is just too damn annoying. I stopped after Chad’s arrival, where Mo, in his own words, was an jerk and mean to CD at first, cuz he had (of course) coached Drew Garret to be a great actor. (He’s pretty much taught the entire cast how to act, don’t you know!). Of course, once CD came to him for advice, Mo decided he was a good kid and taught him to be a “great actor,” saying such things to CD before a scene as: “All you have to do is look into my eyes, and I’ll take you to the promised land.” (I kid you not.) When any member of the cast wins an Emmy, Mo feels like it’s his win too. (Sure Mo.) Basically, he’s a demanding narcissist on set, constantly creating drama or threatening to quit if he doesn’t get his way, giving other actors advice, and taking credit for their success. For some reason, he seems to have a stranglehold on the show, dictating storylines about Sonny being heroic.  

You know.... I wanted some UCG out of that book, but it just pisses me off.

Also, Nik, much as I love you... fuck off.  Who do you think you are, kidnapping Liz's children?  

Edited by ouinason
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Go Valentin! Go Brit! Go end of the necklace drama!!!! Good show, and no Sonny! I can even enjoy hating Carly more without Sonny around. 

Speaking of, dear readers, I peaced out before finishing Mo’s memoir. He is just too damn annoying. I stopped after Chad’s arrival, where Mo, in his own words, was an jerk and mean to CD at first, cuz he had (of course) coached Drew Garret to be a great actor. (He’s pretty much taught the entire cast how to act, don’t you know!). Of course, once CD came to him for advice, Mo decided he was a good kid and taught him to be a “great actor,” saying such things to CD before a scene as: “All you have to do is look into my eyes, and I’ll take you to the promised land.” (I kid you not.) When any member of the cast wins an Emmy, Mo feels like it’s his win too. (Sure Mo.) Basically, he’s a demanding narcissist on set, constantly creating drama or threatening to quit if he doesn’t get his way, giving other actors advice, and taking credit for their success. For some reason, he seems to have a stranglehold on the show, dictating storylines about Sonny being heroic.  

Where is the barf emoji when you need one?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at Carly screeching to Lucy in the previews to stop the interview as if no one noticed the necklace.  Looks like you stepped in s hit again, you idiot. 

Yeah. Like just because they're filming in the hotel, she thinks she can tell whoever when they can film and when to stop! Karma's a BITCH! Because the necklace IS Nelle's and not the obviously different/gold plated one that the SheBEAST wanted to switch out!

And goodness, they're increasing the time since Mooby fell into da river. It's only been a month; this all happened a week before Christmas, but SheBeast is whining how it's "only been 2 months!" since Mooby disappeared.

Covering up and being part of the cover up is taking its toll on Jax; he came off very insecure when Valentin showed up.

50 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Where is the barf emoji when you need one?

On top of the editor bar:🤮

23 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

. Man, this Carly is a monster. This actress just has no subtlety. There is nothing behind the snarling. She just hateful. And I'm someone who wants to root for Carly!

You should watch the scenes of LW's Carly taunting Robin about her HIV and Jason.  These recent scenes of Carly with Ava, nuNikolas, and others aren't anywhere near the lowest she can go. 

4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Excellent scene between Britt and Peter where she tore a strip off of him for hacking into the hospital records and using it against Franco.   

Avery gives Sasha the necklace to wear to her interview, for good luck and both Carly and Nina see it.  Right after Carly promised Jason that there would be no poopy fallout from the necklace.  Plus Nina seeing it, while Jax is sitting right there, looking like he's ready to throw up.  All good soapy goodness.  

That scene was the first time I've ever liked Britt. I was actually cheering for her. She genuinely showed strength and like she could be a formidable opponent. 

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross that Nik decides to unilaterally move Elizabeth's sons to Spoon Island for their safety. You are only their uncle (at best). Back off.

I thought Jax's expression was more like, "Oh, great, Carly's completely botched this. Again." Heh.

Nik didn't decide anything. He automatically assumed to Elizabeth's face that she would instantly think as he does - which is that the safety of her sons comes first.  Yet Elizabeth is going on faith and love in her determination to believe that Franco would never hurt her boys. The truth is, she doesn't know that for sure. Also, the reaction Nikolas had is understandable since OGFranco strapped his sister to a bomb. Lulu was saved because Dante rescued her. Elizabeth once again wants to ignore Franco's past. Well, too bad. 

I also liked Jax's "Damn it, this situation is blowing up" expression.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL at Carly screeching to Lucy in the previews to stop the interview as if no one noticed the necklace.  Looks like you stepped in s hit again, you idiot. 

Yes, 😂. Bitch, Lucy doesn't work for you. Unless there's a shooter in that building who is an imminent threat to the people in that room, shut it!  (Which is not the case, since Carly's husband is missing and her BFF is in Peter's office). 

I really laughed at Carly's look of horror mixed with panic as Avery said her necklace is on TV and she saw that it was indeed, clearly and prominently hanging from Sasha's neck for all the viewing audience to see.  I also love that the reason this happened is because Ava did the motherly thing (that Carly will never give her credit for) by dropping Avery off in the restaurant to spend time with Carly, and Avery innocently gave her "good luck charm necklace" to Sasha for the interview.  Carly is getting taken down by her own lies and a mother and daughter who were not even trying to take Carly down! After she's been a constant miserable bitch to the mother and consistently tried to keep the daughter away from her mother!

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Also, Nik, much as I love you... fuck off.  Who do you think you are, kidnapping Liz's children?  

He didn't even come close to kidnapping Elizabeth's children. He was saying to her face that the boys can be moved to Spoon Island immediately for their safety (because he is rightly worried). And Elizabeth knows damn well that "Tumor Franco" had her own newborn son kidnapped. So her absolute confidence that Franco is no danger or threat to anyone is absurd especially since she's a nurse.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought she was planning to use it on Franco. 

I think that's where it's going, but it's just so random.  Like, it could be a B12 shot, lol.

Or saline! But Alexis is still drunk, so...

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He was saying to her face that the boys can be moved to Spoon Island immediately for their safety (because he is rightly worried).

He said he would take the boys to Spoon Island. It's not up to him to decide what to do with Elizabeth's kids. He should spend that energy straightening out his turd of a son.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or saline! But Alexis is still drunk, so...

He said he would take the boys to Spoon Island. It's not up to him to decide what to do with Elizabeth's kids. He should spend that energy straightening out his turd of a son.

Sure, but he thought that's what she would want. When she said no he didn't let it go, mostly.

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He should spend that energy straightening out his turd of a son.

His son isn't in striking distance of a "former" serial killer with a growing brain tumor who previously tried to kill his sister/his son's Aunt Lulu with a bomb. 

You're correct that it isn't Nik's decision.  However, it bugs me that Elizabeth is not thinking as a responsible mother, Nik is worried but hasn't actually done anything, and people are talking like Nikolas just grabbed the three boys and took them to Spoon Island without a word to their mother, or behind their mother's back. 

• Love 6

I was very concerned when Britt came back to the show that she was going to be drinking the LWB/FS Kool-Aid just like Maxie so her going off on him today was a real treat.  They honestly could have skipped Jason popping up at the end, I think she had the situation well in-hand.

My sympathy for Liz is...limited.  If you decide to marry a former SERIAL KILLER who turned people into art and terrorized many members of your social circle, you can't be surprised or annoyed about "uproar" from them when it comes out the medical condition that brought those murder-y behaviors out of him has returned.  They're not required to have the same unwavering belief in him that you have, Liz.

Feels like the first time in a long time Britt and Dante have been in the same space.

Previews...shut Carly's snarling ass down, Lucy, I believe in you!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I know Alexis is a drunk but why is she so hot and bother by this? I also thought she saw the needle and wants to use it on Franco. Very random if she does. Also, did I miss Avery giving the necklace to Sasha. The next thing I knew Lucy was putting around her neck. It’s like they cut out a whole scene. I thought Britt handled her brother fine enough on her own. Is show really going to have Britt and Jason have sex? They seem to be keeping KM & SB away from each other more and more. Are they bringing Billy Miller back or something? All in all, it was a pretty good show. 

7 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

My only complaint, why would Nikolas propose to Ava, at the gym, all sweaty and gross.  Geez show, could you not afford a more romantic setting than that. 

They like that gym set a lot more than I do. We see too much of it. What is it now, three times a week a scene opening with a guy pummeling the bag, and someone walking up and starting a conversation with him? I'm glad there's an alternative to the same three bars/restaurants over and over, but maybe they need another one. Whatever happened to Perks, where Kristina was a barista with the guy she was involved with? 

Phelps and McTavish tried to make a gym set happen as a meeting place way back. It got weirdly overused too for a few months, and then was never seen again. Anyone else remember Liz and Sarah's passive-aggressive treadmill battle, where they glared at each other and tried to outdo each other? 

In general, the scene-setting could improve. Seeing the flashbacks yesterday to Millow's "love among the drop cloths" reminded me how silly it looked the first time.

I also must have missed the scene where Avery gave her necklace to Sasha. Suddenly there was Lucy putting it around her neck. Weird, but at last that storyline is going forward. I hope.

I know that Alexis is drunk but has she become so stupid that she is going to inject Franco with an unknown drug to save her shrew of a daughter? The hysteria over Franco from everyone feels forced since all Franco is doing is hearing voice. And it's not even voices talking to him, it's just an overheard voice.

If they spend endless days of Willow and Michael dithering, and then finally signing the divorce papers (while I did a celebratory dance) only to have Willow stay in the Q mansion because Franco might be dangerous, someone's gonna pay.😡

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was very concerned when Britt came back to the show that she was going to be drinking the LWB/FS Kool-Aid just like Maxie so her going off on him today was a real treat.  They honestly could have skipped Jason popping up at the end, I think she had the situation well in-hand.

But Jason showed up in time to save her!  It really feels like they are setting up a Jason/Britt thing.

23 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Absolutely. When they were alone in Jackie's room at the Metrocourt to talk about the past, she specifically brought up how she would have called off the wedding if Finn had told her he loved her/wanted to commit to her.  There was anger in her voice, just as in her voice today when she snarked about Finn's changed attitude from his youth 'til now about honesty. So, she is implying that it's his "fault" that she married Gregory, and that Gregory and Chase don't know about Finn and Jackie's history.  The actress IMO has been projecting an undercurrent of carrying a torch for Finn all these years.  It was there in the one-on-one scene with Anna, where Jackie seemed to be holding in some resentment that Finn had a family life with a daughter. It's there when people talk about Anna and Finn's upcoming wedding. Jackie does not seem remotely happy for Finn that he is getting married, and that he is raising a child (when she's not the parent).

Yep. I don't know if it's what the show is going for but KD is definitely playing it as Jackie would have left Gregory in a heartbeat if Finn had shown up for her but since he didn't, she's angry and going to make him pay.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I also must have missed the scene where Avery gave her necklace to Sasha. Suddenly there was Lucy putting it around her neck.

There wasn't one.    Whatever Lucy babbled as she put the necklace on Sasha made no sense, either. 

Maybe the kid was more comfortable with CD, so they left her there rather than interacting with the Sasha actress?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

There wasn't one.    Whatever Lucy babbled as she put the necklace on Sasha made no sense, either. 

Maybe the kid was more comfortable with CD, so they left her there rather than interacting with the Sasha actress?

I guess it could be COVID related. Less exposure for the twins (Avery). If they did it must have been edited out & assumed viewers wouldn’t notice. At least, the stupid necklace story come to a head. Due to pre-emtions it might not happen till Monday. There might be a snow storm next week in Philadelphia & they better not cut in to this stupid soap of mine. I might trash it but I still need to watch it everyday. LOL!!! I’ve been watching GH since the late 70’s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I can't remember the last time Show had so many actors appear in an episode. It was kind of old school and very enjoyable, even with useless Lucy, Carly, and Jason. And I think I can go along with Britt and Jason as a hookup simply because it will destroy Carly. Britt can play hardball with Carly and win. Even Franco was good today.

Another thing I noticed was Sasha's makeup person was named Morgan (at least that's what Lucy called her). I thought that was odd.

I'm not sure if I believe in Valentin's omniscience but if it moves these stories along, okay.

They're turning Jax into a big doofus, easily manipulated by any woman with yellow hair. His Prince Charming days are over. Too bad.

So this big Sonny storyline is about getting MB an Emmy? Hard pass. But you know based on recent recipients it might work. Things ain't what they used to be.

• Love 2

Peter: Violates Franco's privacy
Franco: is pissed and wants to hurt Peter
Peter: SEE HE'S VIOLENT

Britt (and me): no. he's furious. (me: you moron). 

Liz - shut up you twit.  People aren't going to be mollified with the "oh i trust him he won't hurt me" defense if it was the tumour that made him do those things so don't be so surprised/shocked that people are terrified that they are back. and honestly - i do feel sorry for you that your husband is dying. but don't be so dumbo about   taking precautions. 

Peter: something something. Don't threaten me and mine. 
Jason: or what?
Me: oh shut up. you do the same thing every other day. 

Sasha: I wanna tell my story, I don't want to be a victim
Me: you weren't given a spiked drink or spiked cigarettes. You were like "woe is me. MIlquetoast doesn't love me anymore. Lemme get high". Even though you had a heart attack on pure crack. you chose to take the crack you moron. you're not a victim, you're an idiot. 

Lucy is blind if she thinks that 1/2 heart necklace goes with what Sasha was wearing. b-l-i-n-d. 

Can Carly please declare Sonny dead already so Ava can have full uncontested Custody and then they could work out Averys living situation on her terms please? Also Carly's stroke out over the necklace. *mwaw*. However stuffing Avery full of sugar - maybe ask her Mother, Carly. 

Nikolas. why are you proposing to Ava in that ugly gym? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I know that Alexis is drunk but has she become so stupid that she is going to inject Franco with an unknown drug to save her shrew of a daughter? The hysteria over Franco from everyone feels forced since all Franco is doing is hearing voice. And it's not even voices talking to him, it's just an overheard voice.

The thing is that Franco has not told Sam or Jason that the only side effect is that he's hearing Peter talk about Drew. He doesn't have to, obviously, but if you want someone to put you down if you become a rabid dog, maybe you tell them more about the tumah that's growing back.

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also must have missed the scene where Avery gave her necklace to Sasha. Suddenly there was Lucy putting it around her neck. Weird, but at last that storyline is going forward. I hope.

You didn't. There was no transition scene. The necklace was on that jewelry mat, then Lucy put it on her calling it a good luck charm or whatever, so I think the scene of the necklace was between Lucy and Michael/Avery. It doesn't seem like Sasha even knows about the necklace she's wearing.

6 hours ago, paisley said:

So this big Sonny storyline is about getting MB an Emmy? Hard pass. But you know based on recent recipients it might work. Things ain't what they used to be.

Mo used to be a medium-sized fish in a big pond, now he's a big fish in a super tiny one. The Emmys are a joke with only three soaps left. I think the wins are pretty meaningless at this point in time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

sue The Invader and GH for making his medical records public without his consent

The Invader, Peter and Britt for, sure.  I don't see how the hospital itself is to blame since Britt gave him the authority to look in the records.

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nikolas. why are you proposing to Ava in that ugly gym?

UGH, totally agree.  Love those two but that was just a big fat WHY.  

4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Peter: something something. Don't threaten me and mine. 

They didn't give it a chance, but I so wanted Britt to lean in and in an equally deadly voice, say, "Bitch please, I am the daughter of Liesl Obrecht and Cesar Faison, you don't threaten me, I threaten you".  I want Peter to pee his pants, thanks to Britt's queen-ness and not because of Jason's constipation.  

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The hysteria over Franco from everyone feels forced

THIS.  Everybody getting thier panties in a bunch all at the same time made no sense.  It's not like the threat of danger was imminent.  None of these people are in any more danger now than they were before the alert showed up on their phone.  I despise the character of Franco and hate that they paired him with Liz, but everyone's reaction was just so over the top.  Nik's whole, "I'll take the boys to Windemere RIGHTNOW,", it's like dude, the boys were just having breakfast with Franco five minutes ago.  Calm down.  

I also didn't understand Alexis' reaction.  She's been pretty loosy goosy for weeks now, with all the drinking and didn't really "wake up" for a scene until the confrontation scene with Tracy.  Now she gets an alert on her phone. loses her mind with Sam than runs to the hospital to lose her mind on Liz.  Huh?  Plot point to get her to the syringe, but eesh.  Also, whoever left that syringe lying around in an open room should be fired.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

, did I miss Avery giving the necklace to Sasha.

They didn't show us that scene so they could have the shocking ending of Nina seeing it followed by Carly seeing it.  Had we seen Avery give the necklace we would have anticipated that ending.,  

12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OL at Carly screeching to Lucy in the previews to stop the interview as if no one noticed the necklace.  Looks like you stepped in s hit again, you idiot. 

Yes, 😂. Bitch, Lucy doesn't work for you.

We don't get previews here, so I won't be able to fully complain about this until today but not only does Lucy not work for Carly, but it's not her interview it's Jackie's.  Jackie said they were going live for GMA, so Carly demanding anything is nonsense.  But I'll see how it plays out.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The hysteria over Franco from everyone feels forced

I also hate that everyone seems to forget that Liz is a NURSE, including her!  I think she could make a solid medical case for why this tumor is presenting differently than the last murderey one. But everyone is just like no, the little woman knows nothing, let’s just take your kids to some creepy island for their protection. Like concentrate on your own little brat Nikolas. Is Spencer even speaking to him??

I loved that they didn’t make Ava go all jealous hag over the hug between Liz and Nik.  I can’t believe I’m saying this but I like Ava and Nik together. Also Ava was way too decent giving Carly time with Avery.  It won’t be appreciated or returned. But hopefully it will all be worth it. Dear lord please let this be the end of the necklace storyline.

I did really like that ending though with everyone’s reaction, and how it was set up. Very soapy. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My sympathy for Liz is...limited.  If you decide to marry a former SERIAL KILLER who turned people into art and terrorized many members of your social circle, you can't be surprised or annoyed about "uproar" from them when it comes out the medical condition that brought those murder-y behaviors out of him has returned.  They're not required to have the same unwavering belief in him that you have, Liz.

It might not seem like it, but this is where I am. The only thing I'd add is that just because people don't like Elizabeth's faith in Franco doesn't mean they can override whatever she decides to do. Franco is a definite blind spot for her, but I'd also argue that people are going a little hysterical about the tumor returning. There is a slightly different context to it than last time. People can feel what they feel, but they also need to stop going after Elizabeth. She's not responsible for Franco's behavior.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I so wanted Britt to lean in and in an equally deadly voice, say, "Bitch please, I am the daughter of Liesl Obrecht and Cesar Faison, you don't threaten me, I threaten you".  I want Peter to pee his pants, thanks to Britt's queen-ness and not because of Jason's constipation.  

Carly's the only woman who can effectively threaten men, and even then most of them roll their eyes. Ugh.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved that they didn’t make Ava go all jealous hag over the hug between Liz and Nik.  

Yet. The show will never not pit women against one another.  I thought MW played it with a bit of aggravation, though at least she said all the right things.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing I'd add is that just because people don't like Elizabeth's faith in Franco doesn't mean they can override whatever she decides to do.

I'd agree with that.  The people in her orbit that he could potentially target were the tumor to take over, so to speak, certainly have the right to ask questions and express concerns now that it's public knowledge, but at the end of the day, it's Liz's decision on how to handle things.

Given how long they've been friends, Nikolas could work as a "get a grip" friend, someone who could ask tough questions from a place of caring, but that's not how he approached it yesterday.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He didn't even come close to kidnapping Elizabeth's children. He was saying to her face that the boys can be moved to Spoon Island immediately for their safety (because he is rightly worried).

Oops.  Sorry, didn't see the scene, just going by the previous post about it.  HOWEVER.... he's still stupid to think that Liz will just roll along.  Has he met her?

36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'd agree with that.  The people in her orbit that he could potentially target were the tumor to take over, so to speak, certainly have the right to ask questions and express concerns now that it's public knowledge, but at the end of the day, it's Liz's decision on how to handle things.

Given how long they've been friends, Nikolas could work as a "get a grip" friend, someone who could ask tough questions from a place of caring, but that's not how he approached it yesterday.

This.  I don't like this story, I think it's stupid and eye rolling bullshit, but I can't stand people just deciding what Liz should do about it.  The only person who has any right to make suggestions as to how Liz should deal with the situation in regards to the children is their legal father.  Lucky, that's it.  And even then SUGGESTIONS, not demands or assumptions or bullying or anything like it.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Oops.  Sorry, didn't see the scene, just going by the previous post about it.  HOWEVER.... he's still stupid to think that Liz will just roll along.  Has he met her?

The words he said on screen were that he was taking the boys to Spoon Island.  Like he was going to do it immediately.  He didn't ask her he just assumed it would be alright if he loaded up her boys and moved them from her house.   I think there is an interpretation to be made that he was not planning to kidnap them (I mean he did tell her) but it SOUNDED like he'd made a huge decision for her about where and when and why her family would be living.  And it came off as super controlling and a massive overstep.  However, he backed down at Elizabeth's insistence.   But the interpretation that he was saying it was a thing that COULD happen is as much of an inference as saying he was kidnapping them. 

Liz is in denial about Franco, she always is. But the thing for me is that Franco is not hiding that his tumour is back. Liz knows, his oncologist knows, sudden neurosurgeon Lucas who did the surgery knows, and I think he's consulted Kevin about his potential dangerousness.  The people who know what they are doing know and presumably they will do something if it starts looking like he could be dangerous. Peter's Invader story was pure scandal sheet reporting and people should be smarter than to get all hysterical about it.

On the other hand, anything that takes time away from Sonny's amnesia and Carly's stupid plotting works for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm certainly not a fan of Franco's, but that was some quick 180 Sam did on Elizabeth yesterday. Acting as if this is the first she's learning of Franco's tumah, when just last week, she was sitting on a bench, telling Elizabeth she was there for her; that she ALREADY was informed about the tumah by Elizabeth last week.

But no, she's railing at Elizabeth as if she's just found out, along with the rest of the the world, apparently.

And The Invader is just a tabloid, right? RIGHT? No self respecting NEWSPAPER would have headlined such a story with the comic sans font and headline it did. So it's a great joke that Looloo called herself a journalist, working for the rag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I find Liz very annoying and can't bring myself to care how people treat her in regards to Franco. When she said something about needing Nik to be a friend to her and not judge Franco, all I could think about was how she is a piss poor friend to him whenever he has a new woman she doesn't like and goes into full possessive mode. Not to mention Nik has no reason to give two damns that Franco would be dying given what he has done to Nik's family. The show writes her so tone deaf and it makes her less likeable than even franco.

I love that Ava stopped herself from freaking out. I hope they at least let her have this happiness for another year. What a crappy place to propose but I swooned all the same. 😍😍😍

If Franco isn't going to die, I really want them to stop doing these dumb poorfreako stories. Will he go bad? No he won't wash. rinse. repeat. Same for Peter. They get so close to exposing him then they remember he is laura wrights plaything and walk it all back.

We don't even see Carly with the daughter the show gave her instead of just dedicating a street so I will never be moved by her obsession with Avery. I am a little surprised Ava let Avery go with the necklace. She was going to get to the bottom of things but then let Avery take the necklace back to the lady she is suspicious of. They really are scrambling with this necklace and reveal.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 4

Alexis used to be my favorite character--she took no crap from anyone and could stand up for herself.  I am so sick of this pathetic, weepy, sloppy drunk Alexis.  Please send her away--rehab, jail, I don't care.

What's wrong with Britt?  I hope it's just reaction to her standoff with Peter because I don't want another character suffering some awful medical condition.

I still enjoy Valentin.  His expressions are so good, you know just what he's thinking.

• Love 11

OH MY FREAKING WORD. Once again "Mike" has a run-in with an officer, is acting weird and repeats that the only thing he knows about himself is his name and the dumb officer is all "hey, you must be one of the strays that one couple likes to collect." At this point this town has to be harvesting people for experiments. Its the only thing that explains why no one is checking for missing persons databases.

I just realized how ridiculous it is for Mike to overhear this secret. Sonny already knows Nelle is Nina's and is not going to tell Nina and risk her wrath by having Carly arrested and trying to take Wiley. At this point it is not really relevant how the switch happened as Madeline and Nelle are dead. A DNA test with Wiley is all Nina needs.

Everything about stonecold just comes off as bad acting at this point. Every scene he popped up in went downhill.

Valentine is a hoot. I don't like him and Nina together but if the show just HAS to have her with someone, I prefer him over Carly's lapdog. Nina has way to much faith in Carly if she thinks Carly wouldn't lie to her.

Go Avery. Finally we are getting somewhere. Why did Michael act shocked when Avery said the necklace was hers? Did he forget what she said to him before the interview? Avery was bugging Ava about the necklace but shes letting Nina keep it for who knows how long 🤣

I would have appreciated Sams words to Alexis more from someone who isn't a mob apologist. How low are they going to take Alexis? Can they truly not think of anything else for her?

I didn't think Dante sacrificed himself for Franco just jumped and tried to stop Alexis and got hit. Not looking forward to Stiff face and Crybaby trying to figure it out tomorrow.

Willow really needs to stop playing around. Why is she letting Chase drive her around? Does she get a kick out of giving him false hope?

I am tired of Jordan and Curtis always having "trust" issues stemming from her work. Glad she laid down the law to him today.

First Sam doesn't want to hear it from Franco, then she insists on hearing it from Franco. Ugh.

Sonny is good with tools? LOL. We never see him do anything handy.

5 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

OH MY FREAKING WORD. Once again "Mike" has a run-in with an officer, is acting weird and repeats that the only thing he knows about himself is his name and the dumb officer is all "hey, you must be one of the strays that one couple likes to collect."

Seriously. Everyone is like, "Welp, we did as much as we could," and then throw up their hands.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And The Invader is just a tabloid, right? RIGHT? No self respecting NEWSPAPER would have headlined such a story with the comic sans font and headline it did. So it's a great joke that Looloo called herself a journalist, working for the rag.

I am always confused by what both papers in PC are supposed to be. Lulu acted like she was a real reporter but just the name sounds like they would be more likely to report on alien probes and the worlds largest cat being pregnant with puppies. But then everyone in town got a notification about the paper like its a reputable source and they report on things everyone would need to know.

Then there's Nina's paper that seems to be anything from a local news source to an international fashion magazine.

• LOL 3

Obrecht told Programmed Dante that Franco must be protected. She and Britt are a gift.

I am so here for Valentin figuring out Carly's machinations fron kidnapping Florence to the necklace. Please let Sasha be wearing the real one and wrap this up.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Thatoneshow said:

I am always confused by what both papers in PC are supposed to be. Lulu acted like she was a real reporter but just the name sounds like they would be more likely to report on alien probes and the worlds largest cat being pregnant with puppies. But then everyone in town got a notification about the paper like its a reputable source and they report on things everyone would need to know.

Then there's Nina's paper that seems to be anything from a local news source to an international fashion magazine.

lol right? like why does everyone have the "Invader" on their phone? 
I remember on OLTL they had Todd's paper (The Sun) and another paper (the Banner). Todd's paper was tabloid-y and the Banner was like your local news paper. the way the Invader looked and everything it seemed very.... kinda ignorable. 

i still don't think they know what crimson is supposed to be. 

• Love 2

Even if Peter hides that he got Franco's confidential medical information from Britt's computer, as Chief of Staff she's still on the hook for the breach of security.

I thought that Crimson is an international fashion magazine with fashion shoots around the world and an unfortunate tendency to write major articles on middling important people in Port Charles.

The Invader was a yellow journalism scandal sheet but when Peter lost his job at Aurora, he determined to turn it into a leading digital news source. I don't think he succeeded no matter what the show tells me.

That's what I got from the show anyway.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

What's wrong with Britt?  I hope it's just reaction to her standoff with Peter because I don't want another character suffering some awful medical condition.

This is the second time we've seen her with shaky hands.  I'm pretty shure thats a symptom of Huntington's which Faison had, which is genetic.  

22 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Mike to overhear this secret. Sonny already knows Nelle is Nina's

I'm confused about this sentence.  I'm pretty sure Carly and Jax (and as of yesterday, Jason) are the only ones who know that Nelle is Nina's.  

Alexis running at Franco with a syringe filled with Jasus-knows-what was UCG. That entire sequence was hilariously stupid. Franco was obviously having some sort of seizure or something. 

Can Valentin be the thorn in Carly's side from now on? It was glorious to see him put her on the spot.

Sam is one to talk about taking the law into one's own hands. She certainly does it when it suits her.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Crimson is an international fashion magazine with fashion shoots around the world and an unfortunate tendency to write major articles on middling important people in Port Charles.

Same, and it was that when Kate started it, though the articles about PC people didn't come up at that point, as she was just launching it.

25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

There goes any hope Alexis ever had of Olivia not yapping at her any time they see each other.

I suspect they won't be friendly, let alone friends, for a while.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm confused about this sentence.  I'm pretty sure Carly and Jax (and as of yesterday, Jason) are the only ones who know that Nelle is Nina's.  

I'm pretty sure Sonny and Jason also know about it.

I think what's stupid with this plot point of Sonny overhearing Phyllis talk about Nina is that Phyllis had no idea who she was giving the baby to or who the baby grew up to be. What is Sonny going to do about it? Or who is he going to tell about it? Nina already knows the role that Phyllis played. Sonny knows what happened to Nelle. And we know who Phyllis is and what she did, so it's not like we're building toward some big fat juicy secret that no one knows about.

The episode.

The scenes between Britt and Peter were great, no thanks to him because he still can't act his way out of a paper bag, but Britt telling him that she would throw him under the bus and be the driver was pretty awesome and while I hate Jason, him cutting through the crap and telling Peter that they're not friends was a very Jason thing to say.

That Franco/Liz/Sam was a mess. I'm not even sure why Franco grabbed Sam and what he was saying to her. All I got was that he had a headache, heard Chipmunk's voice, started collapsing and when Liz and Sam tried to help him, he grabbed Sam. So I guess the scene was intended to be somewhat messy.

It's time for Alexis to sober up. This thing has gone on long enough. She won't help herself, she won't let others help her, she is wallowing in self-pity. Every time she mentions she was a lawyer, I wanna tell her that she lost her license because she behaved like an idiot. Neil's death was tragic, but all of her behavior before that was incredibly childish. So if sitting in jail to sober up helps her get a grip, then so be it. 

That whole necklace thing did not live up to the cliffhanger from yesterday's episode. I was someone who could not stand Valentin while he was in that relationship with Nina. But honestly, single Valentin is the best possible Valentin. 

Maybe Willow shouldn't go back to Chase until she's had some time to process everything that happened in her life over the past year. She was a mother, then she found out her baby died, then she latched onto Wylie. Then she went from living with Chase, to moving in with Michael and marrying him. Maybe some time alone in her own place is the best option for her at this point. If she gets together with Chase, she'll leave him for Michael.

Because Michael must always win. I'm assuming it's a clause that Mo negotiated as part of his own contract, that Sonny's inner circle must always win.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm pretty sure Sonny and Jason also know about it.

Carly told Jason yesterday.  The only thing Sonny knew was that Carly had Nelle's hand when she was hanging over the enbankment and that Nelle's hand slipped and she fell to her death.  Carly didn't find Avery with the necklace until after Sonny "disapeared"

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not even sure why Franco grabbed Sam and what he was saying to her

It looked like, Franco heard the voice and grabbed his head.  Sam grabbed his arms and was all, 'what's wrong, what's wrong', which is stupid seeing as he had the same headache/migraine when he was at her apartment.  Franco was yelling at her 'get away from me' when Dante walked in, saw Alexis charging and got in between them.  

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think what's stupid with this plot point of Sonny overhearing Phyllis talk about Nina

Sorry, i must have missed that Sonny heard her talking about Nina, so I was confused about "MIke' keeping the secret.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Carly told Jason yesterday.  The only thing Sonny knew was that Carly had Nelle's hand when she was hanging over the enbankment and that Nelle's hand slipped and she fell to her death.  Carly didn't find Avery with the necklace until after Sonny "disapeared"

My brain is full of holes when it comes to this show, so I will take your word for it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Phelps and McTavish tried to make a gym set happen as a meeting place way back. It got weirdly overused too for a few months, and then was never seen again. 

*sigh* showing my age here, but I miss the days of the gym and the spa -- home of Leo, the evil massuer (who maneuvered Holly into a compromising position, took photos and blackmailed her).

I usually appreciate Valentin figuring out stuff and generally being smarter than everyone else-- but I'm not seeing how he instantly intuits that Carly has something to do with the necklace and Jax must somehow be involved.

I'm also not getting how Jason, who didnt see Alexis stab Dante-- immediately starts framing it as Dante was protecting Franco. Dante saw Alexis lunge, he's a cop, he tried to stop Alexis, he got stabbed instead. I don't buy that Jason somehow realizes that Dante was protecting Franco rather than Dante was reacting to a situation like a cop. (but I guess Jason is just being his awesome self *blech*)

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

That must be what I was confusing. So he knows she was there when Nelle "died" and Jax was keeping that secret. She did find the necklace before he went after Jules, though. That's when she started the "getting it fixed" lie.

17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think what's stupid with this plot point of Sonny overhearing Phyllis talk about Nina is that Phyllis had no idea who she was giving the baby to or who the baby grew up to be. What is Sonny going to do about it? Or who is he going to tell about it? Nina already knows the role that Phyllis played. Sonny knows what happened to Nelle. And we know who Phyllis is and what she did, so it's not like we're building toward some big fat juicy secret that no one knows about.

Exactly. Plus for this to even be significant, they would have to once again drag out the truth so Mike can investigate, find out the baby was given to Frank and then go back to PC, find a Nina and tell her all before remembering he is Sonny. Yikes.

I really think the writers shot themselves in the foot by not revealing the truth sooner when Nelle was still alive. There is no real reason to believe that Michael would try to keep Wiley from Nina, a family friend. For Pete's sake he actually thanked Ava. He had a split second of questioning if he should leave Wiley with the Dad's he knew. Do the writers know how they portray him? He will fight Nelle but he has no issues with Nina. During the custody case, Nina could have got on the stand ready to destroy Nelle, Carly would be smirking in the back and then BAM, She sees the necklace and talks about how responsible Nelle has been. OR, she tanks Nelles chances and as she is stepping down she sees the necklace and has to deal with the fallout. Nelle could still die, but there would be more weight to why Nina wanted to give her a nice burial plot.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

IThe scenes between Britt and Peter were great, no thanks to him because he still can't act his way out of a paper bag, but Britt telling him that she would throw him under the bus and be the driver was pretty awesome and while I hate Jason, him cutting through the crap and telling Peter that they're not friends was a very Jason thing to say.

well . . . sibling like sibling, I guess. (Britt can be fun but Kelly T is not great, imo).

Jason saying "good" when Peter told him he just missed Franco was very Jason/funny too.

That whole necklace thing did not live up to the cliffhanger from yesterday's episode. I was someone who could not stand Valentin while he was in that relationship with Nina. But honestly, single Valentin is the best possible Valentin.

Can Valentin be the thorn in Carly's side from now on? It was glorious to see him put her on the spot.

Yeah, Valentin is more enjoyable right now.

Because Michael must always win. I'm assuming it's a clause that Mo negotiated as part of his own contract.

Well, Dante's had a pretty shitty two months so far.

41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is one to talk about taking the law into one's own hands. She certainly does it when it suits her.

She looks like a floating head when she wears a black turtleneck. It's a pity she isn't the one getting high on something, the character could stand to loosen up a bit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4