Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ouinason said:

I guess Violet and Donna are going to be cat fighting over Leo in 11 years.

Georgie's a little too old, but new baby Lou would get some of that action as well.  Plus Violet and Donna can fight over James.;  

56 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am trying to think if they are direct related to each other vs indirectly related.

Violet: Hayden and Finn

Donna: Carly and Sonny

Leo: Olivia and Julian

No relation to Violet but Leo's brother Dante is also Donna's brother Dante.  

47 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

No relation to Violet but Leo's brother Dante is also Donna's brother Dante.  

That's analogous to Elizabeth and Franco both having Steven Lars as a brother.

Things are way too tangled. I wonder if any of the writers have ever stopped to think about all the family ties. Probably not, given they keep making people related who have no reason to be other than the writers are lazy and want that to do all the work for them. Spoiler: It doesn't!

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if any of the writers have ever stopped to think about all the family ties. Probably not, given they keep making people related who have no reason to be

Because they keep giving 100 year old Sonny kids, to prove that he's a viral man or some such nonsense.  +

• LOL 3
32 minutes ago, ouinason said:

At least it's not as bad as DAYS has gotten..... yet

That is because in the 90s, GH was really good and creating completely unrelated characters and keeping them that way. To the credit of the show back then, they never made Brenda Barrett related to any legacy character(they even wrote off her only relative, Julia Barrett - though I didn't agree with that decision). I remember during the TwOP days how Hatpin commented that the show used Vanessa Marcil's openness as an actress to there advantage and connected her to the rest of the canvas. However, they never came up with convoluted stories to make Brenda a secret Q or Robin's sisters. Instead they built the familial-like relationships to connect her to the canvas. 

• Love 6

I'm always thrilled to sit and watch Michael and Willow go over why they should get an annulment. It's always such a riveting conversation, such a wonderment to be treated to the story of why they got together complete with flashbacks! Chills up and down my back, I tell you. Nothing compares!

Dumbfucks have finally signed those stupid papers. 

MW always looks gorgeous and fresh-faced. She's such a beautiful woman, and watching Nikolas stand by Ava against Carly makes my little heart go pitter patter.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

You know, show, if you're going to drag Carly out to Wyndemere and have her show her ass to Ava, you could do me a solid and fling her from the parapet while she's there (to be caught by Jax's waiting arms, no doubt). JFC I'm sick of her. It's so aggravating that we gloss right over her elderly hostage situation and jump right to her verbally throwing shit at Ava and Nikolas and stealing a necklace from a little girl. Or maybe swap would be a better word than steal, since after like two years the show's finally realized that gee, half-heart necklaces aren't that distinctive or special, after all. What bothers me the most here is that the rationale for Carly's actions is so vague and dumb and selfish. Can't tell Nina the truth because it'd hurt her and stir up bad feelings and Carly just can't handle that currently, her plate's too full with a missing husband and a kidnapping and the subsequent escalation of the stand off with Cyrus Renault! Might as well scheme and sneak around and bend over backwards to keep from being honest. It's taking a whole lot of effort for her to avoid a conversation she's too lazy to have, basically. That's why we're suffering through this mess, because Carly just can't be bothered to deal. She's never made to own her shit and I couldn't hate her any harder.

• Love 20

Ugh, Wiley appears. "Stripey" is the best name they could come up with for that toy? Oof. Poor Monica. Not only does she have to run a daycare for every child remotely related to her, she also has to repair their stupid toys.

Given that Wiley lives in the same house as Michael, why does Michael need quality time with him? It's not as if Michael is working.

I am amused that Carly is still miffed that Nelle is buried ("buried"?) in the same cemetery Morgan is. I love that Nina did that.

Someone mentioned upthread that it was ridiculous that no bloodwork was done on Sonny when he was in the hospital. That should have shown the lithium (or whatever his meds are), which should have given Phyllis a head's up that Sonny could be bipolar. But everything is being written to fit a plot point, so it's completely stupid.

Can someone recap the last 15 minutes of the show? The news conference cut in. TIA.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Willow's idea of "quality time with Wylie" is sitting beside him on the sofa talking about how wonderful it is to be in Jason's family while Wylie sits there staring into the distance. In that case, she can get a stuffed doll. Also, "Wylie broke a speed record getting to the kitchen for pancakes"? Did you forget that Michael was carrying him because you hired a kid who doesn't move.

40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Can someone recap the last 15 minutes of the show? The news conference cut in. TIA.

I honestly can't remember what the last 15 minutes was because it seems like nothing happened the whole show.

Valentin told Martin that Jason won't react well to Jackie doing a story on him and Florence's kidnapping so Martin wants to take it all back. Jackie agreed to do a story on Sasha, especially when she connected it to Cyrus. It reminded me that Jackie originally came on to the show because Lulu wanted to do a story on him.

Phyllis bought a clue and is trying to get Sonny to a clinic to get checked out. She also suggested that it could be due to a physical cause from the accident but Sonny overheard her talking about a psychological illness (sigh, BPAD is psychiatric) and disappeared.

I was sure that Willow would say that she didn't want to sign the divorce papers after playing with Wylie but she and Michael finally did.

On the other hand, Carly went look for the necklace since Bobbie said that she couldn't find it. Shock! it was right there in Avery's dollhouse. Carly was holding both half heart necklaces when someone came in. Please let it be Nik! Or at least Avery catching her in the act.

Jax  and Nina told each other again how much they loved and trusted each other. Nina said that she and Carly will never be BFFs but she respects someone who fights for those she loves. I tripped over the anvil

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Why do Presidents hate GH so much! Every Goddamn one has to interrupt my soap!!!!!

Willow is basically destroyed now, the way they are writing her as mooning over Michael and being unable to have anything remotely resembling an honest adult conversation with him. They both act like pre-teens twisting their toes in the sand trying to ask each other to the school sock hop. They can stay together at this point, cuz I don't want Chase anywhere near that vomitous bullshit. 

PS. You wouldn't think it possible, but Carly sucks a little bit more every day. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Things are way too tangled. I wonder if any of the writers have ever stopped to think about all the family ties. Probably not, given they keep making people related who have no reason to be other than the writers are lazy and want that to do all the work for them. Spoiler: It doesn't!

Whoever invents an app Hot Date or Family Reunion? where it can check the family trees of any two people and immediately tell them if or how they are related will make a fortune.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I really cared about one thing and one thing only about today's episode. FINALLY! Jenny and Tad reunited!!!! SQUEEE! When Martin walked over to Jackie and they started talking, I started bouncing! "Jenny and Tad! It's Jenny and Tad!"

Thats all I got, folks.

• Love 10
On 1/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, dubbel zout said:

Yay, Jason has basic human empathy.

Yes - for CHILDREN. I did not mention adults because Jason seems to be empathetic toward adults experiencing loss depending on the loss.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, perkie1968 said:

Liz/Pif but that one is more work friendsw. 

I see Pif as a proxy for the friendships Liz used to have with Robin and Emily.  Liz had a temporary friendship with Kim, and occasional scenes with the oncologist who was created out of thin air to be Elizabeth's "old" friend and Oscar Nero's doctor.  The only "girlfriends" scenes on GH in the past year to two years that have aired with any kind of regularity are Lulu/Maxie and Alexis/Diane.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Fact is Leo should not exist, but the absolute silly need for the writers to write in every actress's real life pregnancy is absurd. 

The picking and choosing of showing actresses' pregnancies on GH has been odd to me.  Becky Herbst's first pregnancy was hidden;  Liason's baby Jake was a storyline-only pregnancy.  Storms got pregnant during the Georgie pregnancy; baby James and now Lou are storyline-only pregnancies. Monaco doesn't have kids, so all three of Sam's pregnancies were storyline-dictated. McCullough was pregnant with her son when Robin visited a few years ago, so "baby Noah" was sort of written in ... but the Emma pregnancy was storyline-dictated. Rylan had that massive pink dress for a Nurse's Ball because the show was hiding her pregnancy.  I don't know if the Ava or Nelle actresses were pregnant during the baby Avery and "Wiley is born by the side of the road" storylines. Same for when Britt was pregnant with the boy who is now named Rocco ( stolen embryo storyline/Dante and Lulu's son).

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm always thrilled to sit and watch Michael and Willow go over why they should get an annulment. It's always such a riveting conversation, such a wonderment to be treated to the story of why they got together complete with flashbacks! Chills up and down my back, I tell you. Nothing compares!

Dumbfucks have finally signed those stupid papers. 

Seriously.  What those saccharine flashbacks showed, along with Willow's voiceover, sums it up: she wants to be Wiley's mom, she is comfortable playing house, and likes having a family esp. Michael as a co-parent (whom she somehow finds attractive? 🤮) that she can depend on. She never had a family environment before thanks to lack of stability from her mother. She is nowhere near being in love with Michael; she is nervous/skeptical about giving up the stable family life she has grown somewhat used to in the Q mansion. However, that's really because she and Wiley haven't yet been targeted by Sonny or Jason's enemies. 

3 hours ago, Linny said:

d Carly just can't handle that currently, her plate's too full with a missing husband and a kidnapping and the subsequent escalation of the stand off with Cyrus Renault! Might as well scheme and sneak around and bend over backwards to keep from being honest. It's taking a whole lot of effort for her to avoid a conversation she's too lazy to have, basically. 

No, she flat out told Jax, and today, Bobbie, if the truth comes out it will end up with Nina accusing her of killing Nelle/letting her die by letting her fall from the cliff, and she just doesn't want to deal with accusations from Nina and a police investigation into her role in Nelle's death.  So she decides she's going to "replace" Avery's necklace, and once again use her mother as a co-conspirator.  By the way, so nice of Bobbie to drag former nursing colleagues into the kidnapping conspiracy so she can run off to Wyndemere with her low-life daughter to steal/switch a little girl's necklace because the low-life daughter has decided this is the best option to make the Nelle/Nina secret go away. 

Side note, Maxie's outrage at the reporter getting in her and Sasha's faces, and then their eagerness to pitch Jackie on "Sasha's side of the story" made me roll my eyes.  She's a dumbass who makes incredibly stupid choices and has bad taste in men.  Not so compelling. 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I tripped over the anvil

LOVE this!

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

being unable to have anything remotely resembling an honest adult conversation with him. They both act like pre-teens twisting their toes in the sand trying to ask each other to the school sock hop.

vomitous bullshit. 

A) So TRUE!!

B) Perfect description of the Willow/Michael montage 🤢🤮

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, driver18 said:

I really cared about one thing and one thing only about today's episode. FINALLY! Jenny and Tad reunited!!!! SQUEEE! When Martin walked over to Jackie and they started talking, I started bouncing! "Jenny and Tad! It's Jenny and Tad!"

Thats all I got, folks.

Co-sign. It was cute.

• Love 3

I know that some of you were so happy to see Tad and Jenny from AMC after all of these years but I didn’t watch it back then. I always liked watching the Jenny actress (spacing on her name right now) but her strange way of speaking now is taking me out of the scenes. All I can do is watch her lips while they do weird things. Am I the only one?

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Willow is basically destroyed now, the way they are writing her as mooning over Michael and being unable to have anything remotely resembling an honest adult conversation with him. They both act like pre-teens twisting their toes in the sand trying to ask each other to the school sock hop.

And yet, it doesn't have to be. There is a lot of drama to be mined in the situation, Willow torn between Chase and the passion they shared vs a family with milquetoast Michael, Michael in possession of Willow but knowing that Chase has her real heart.  (I'm leaving Sasha out of it because only Willow seems to care about her. Chase is more concerned to get her tied up with Michael and out of the equation.)

It seems like the writers have as little interest in this story as I do.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes - for CHILDREN. I did not mention adults because Jason seems to be empathetic toward adults experiencing loss depending on the loss.

And depending on the adult. Jason has has endless sympathy for Carly and her children but he'd be fine if Avery never saw her mother again and cheered Julian's death leaving Leo without a father and Scout and Danny without a grandfather. Did he say anything when Alexis lost Neil? About Trina when she thought that her father was dead? How Liz's sons would react if he killed Franco? We know that he doesn't care about Florence's well-being because Cyrus is her son. Doesn't care about Martin's worry either.

Jason has empathy for the people on his team (which includes Robin and her family). Everyone else is collateral damage.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maxie's outrage at the reporter getting in her and Sasha's faces, and then their eagerness to pitch Jackie on "Sasha's side of the story" made me roll my eyes.  She's a dumbass who makes incredibly stupid choices and has bad taste in men.  Not so compelling. 

4 hours ago, statsgirl said

You missed her crimes against fashion.  What's with the striped bathrobe as daywear? 

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, Carly went look for the necklace since Bobbie said that she couldn't find it. Shock! it was right there in Avery's dollhouse.

Did Bobbie even look in Avery's room? The necklace was right. there. LOL. I also liked Carly's reaction—sort of a shudder combined with an eye roll—when she saw Avery's room. It's not like they had 20 minutes to put something together; Avery has stayed with Nik and Ava at Spoon Island before. How about walls that aren't blood red and have some terrifying picture on them?

• LOL 4

Bobbie, commenting on the KIDNAPPING OF AN OLD WOMAN: "It's an unorthodox solution."  No, you dumb apologist, it's a crime.  Also, who are these "dedicated nurses" who are "discreet" that she left her with, because they need to be arrested, too.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

There is a lot of drama to be mined in the situation, Willow torn between Chase and the passion they shared vs a family with milquetoast Michael, Michael in possession of Willow but knowing that Chase has her real heart. 

cheered Julian's death leaving Leo without a father and Scout and Danny without a grandfather. Did he say anything when Alexis lost Neil? About Trina when she thought that her father was dead? How Liz's sons would react if he killed Franco? We know that he doesn't care about Florence's well-being because Cyrus is her son. Doesn't care about Martin's worry either.

Jason has empathy for the people on his team (which includes Robin and her family). Everyone else is collateral damage.

A) Absolutely.

B) He actually wasn't cheering Julian's death because he was too busy crying and scared over Sonny going missing when the authorities pulled Julian's corpse out of the water. It seems like he and Carly both barely registered that Julian is dead because of that. I kind of doubt he has even seen Leo, Scout or Danny since before people got word of Julian's death; he's been laser-focused on Carly and the biz and big bad Cyrus.  As for Trina, Mac asked Jason if Taggert said anything to him before dying that could give Trina comfort and Jason referenced hearing Taggert say Trina was all that mattered to him. I don't think Trina and Jason have ever had a one-on-one conversation about Taggert? The last time I recall Jason actively comforting a weepy adult who doesn't live in Casa Corinthos was when Monica was sad about Oscar's terminal illness/probable death. 

41 minutes ago, ciarra said:

You missed her crimes against fashion.  What's with the striped bathrobe as daywear? 

Good point.  I chance my critique to say she has awful judgement, period. 

24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Bobbie even look in Avery's room? The necklace was right. there. LOL. I also liked Carly's reaction—sort of a shudder combined with an eye roll—when she saw Avery's room. It's not like they had 20 minutes to put something together; Avery has stayed with Nik and Ava at Spoon Island before. How about walls that aren't blood red and have some terrifying picture on them?

I thought it was Avery's playroom, not bedroom? I saw a couch with toys on it, and the dollhouse.  The necklace wasn't in a girl's jewelry box, it was in the dollhouse. 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Was that supposed to be her bedroom? I think it was just a random room with toys in it. Given the decor at Sonny's house I doubt Avery's room over there is too bright either.

• Love 1

Bobbie texted Carly that she couldn't find Avery's necklace. She couldn't have looked in whatever room the dollhouse was in because it was clearly visible to anyone who looked.

20 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seems like he and Carly both barely registered that Julian is dead

Yeah, they haven't had time to think about Julian since Sonny went missing. I was thinking more of earlier, when Sonny and Jason were going after Julian.  Jason seemed to think that it would be a public service to kill Julian, and he's always been fine with Avery not having access to Ava.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie texted Carly that she couldn't find Avery's necklace. She couldn't have looked in whatever room the dollhouse was in because it was clearly visible to anyone who looked.

Yeah, they haven't had time to think about Julian since Sonny went missing. I was thinking more of earlier, when Sonny and Jason were going after Julian.  Jason seemed to think that it would be a public service to kill Julian, and he's always been fine with Avery not having access to Ava.

Jason, Carly, Sonny, etc. all seem to conveniently forget that Jason would still be drugged up in Russia if it wasn't for Ava. (On second thought, everyone's life would be so much better if Ava had just left him there.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

I was more interested in Laura Wright’s hair. Didn’t she just get it cut? It’s amazing how it grows so fast. Whatever she’s taking I have to have it. Yes. That’s how bored I was with the actual show. Also, Michael & Willow are beyond boring together. FV can’t really believe people are interested in them does he?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I was more interested in Laura Wright’s hair. Didn’t she just get it cut? It’s amazing how it grows so fast. Whatever she’s taking I have to have it. Yes. That’s how bored I was with the actual show. Also, Michael & Willow are beyond boring together. FV can’t really believe people are interested in them does he?

I mean it's been 10 years 9 months (!!) of Michael having milquetoast pairing after pairing; they especially tried hard with him and Nelle, they must know there is something not working. Maybe MB or LW support him, I don't know.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I mean it's been 10 years 9 months (!!) of Michael having milquetoast pairing after pairing; they especially tried hard with him and Nelle, they must know there is something not working. Maybe MB or LW support him, I don't know.

I think it’s because he’s well liked by production & the cast. He’s been there so long they’d never think of firing him. He’s dependable, knows his lines & doesn’t cause problems. Sometimes that’s all it takes to get by & it makes the day go a little easier for everyone involved. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

At least it's not as bad as DAYS has gotten..... yet

LOL Days is really really bad. 

Again. Carly/Sonny little flash black. DON'T CARE. Sonny's 'dead" because he went to go kill someone. Leo's never gonna know his dad, there are others who are suffering (legitmately) due to JaSon's actions. don't give a flying crap that Carly's suffering. The fact that the show  is determined to double down on her cow-ness makes it easier not to care. 

see:

Carly + Ava + Bobbie. Like Barbara Jean. seriously. what the hell happened to you? 
Nikolas was on point and i like how Ava was being very generous until Carly basically...showed herself and Ava shut her down. And Honestly if that were me i'd be like cool. you feel like that. Joss can bring Donna  and you can sit your butt on the other side of the launch. it would have been hilarious if Ava somehow gotten that half she had engraved. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it’s because he’s well liked by production & the cast. He’s been there so long they’d never think of firing him. He’s dependable, knows his lines & doesn’t cause problems. Sometimes that’s all it takes to get by & it makes the day go a little easier for everyone involved. 

I'm pretty sure he does have the support of MB and LW, which helps a lot. I get that being reliable and easy-going are positives, but dude is the young male lead on a soap and the only woman he's sparked with (IMO) was Rosalie, and that was intentionally short-lived. Otherwise it's been bore after bore after bore. Most of the actors he's been paired with haven't helped—the writing has really be terrible for them, so it's not entirely their fault—but something needs to change.

• Love 5

Since the show is determined to have the Corinthos heir as the romantic lead, they should bring Morgan back (recast) and have him as the dashing, possibly nefarious, exciting young male lead. Then they can move CD's Michael to the "steady but boring" pillar. After all, Sonny's genes have to be better than AJ's, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Since the show is determined to have the Corinthos heir as the romantic lead, they should bring Morgan back (recast) and have him as the dashing, possibly nefarious, exciting young male lead. Then they can move CD's Michael to the "steady but boring" pillar. After all, Sonny's genes have to be better than AJ's, right?

so we're told. 

but i agree. it's great to be good. but it'sa soap. you need to at least sparkle with someone

• Love 5

Carly (Jason & Sonny too) have had way too many wins. That part of the reason way Carly has turned into the control freak that she is. Besides what she stated about not wanting to deal with the fallout of Nina knowing about Nelle, deep down, the reason she keeping Nina from the truth is because Nina will set her sights on being in Wiley's life. And how far as Bobbie fallen. She is worse than the chick that plotted to steal Scotty from Laura. Remember when Bobbie (rightly) put Luke on blast for keeping the knowledge that Carly was her daughter? Because it doesn't seem Bobbie remembers. And those discrete nurses aren't a bit a afraid if someone manages to track Florence down? Part of me hopes that something happens and one of those nurses are caught in the crossfire. The only Jason I find remotely useful is the one that is called out on him playing god and him having no retort to it (see Edward when Justus died, or Monica when Emily died). 

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Carly (Jason & Sonny too) have had way too many wins. That part of the reason way Carly has turned into the control freak that she is. Besides what she stated about not wanting to deal with the fallout of Nina knowing about Nelle, deep down, the reason she keeping Nina from the truth is because Nina will set her sights on being in Wiley's life. And how far as Bobbie fallen. She is worse than the chick that plotted to steal Scotty from Laura. Remember when Bobbie (rightly) put Luke on blast for keeping the knowledge that Carly was her daughter? Because it doesn't seem Bobbie remembers. And those discrete nurses aren't a bit a afraid if someone manages to track Florence down? Part of me hopes that something happens and one of those nurses are caught in the crossfire. The only Jason I find remotely useful is the one that is called out on him playing god and him having no retort to it (see Edward when Justus died, or Monica when Emily died). 

you know. i didn't even think about that. 
Maybe after a year for Christmas. Micheal will graciously allow Nina a hello. 

And that's what i don't get. Like Carly kidnapped someone. Bobbie is an accessory after the fact. Who the hell are these people who are just all "sure. i need some cash. i don't mind being a part of this crime"

• Love 8

By this time it shouldn't but it always surprises me how willing people on this show are to do mob stuff for the Corinthii. These discreet nurses that Bobbie trained herself don't they have any questions about who this woman is so frail but needs to be guarded by a whole bunch of tough guys with guns at a secret house? And once again, who is writing the prescriptions for Florence's med?

6 hours ago, Daisy said:

Nikolas was on point and i like how Ava was being very generous until Carly basically...showed herself and Ava shut her down. And Honestly if that were me i'd be like cool. you feel like that. Joss can bring Donna  and you can sit your butt on the other side of the launch. it would have been hilarious if Ava somehow gotten that half she had engraved. 

I think that Carly was deliberately over acting to have an excuse to look for the necklace herself since Bobbie is apparently blind and couldn't see it.

Do the showrunners know how badly I want Carly to fail at this necklace story?

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

By this time it shouldn't but it always surprises me how willing people on this show are to do mob stuff for the Corinthii. These discreet nurses that Bobbie trained herself don't they have any questions about who this woman is so frail but needs to be guarded by a whole bunch of tough guys with guns at a secret house? And once again, who is writing the prescriptions for Florence's med?

I think that Carly was deliberately over acting to have an excuse to look for the necklace herself since Bobbie is apparently blind and couldn't see it.

Do the showrunners know how badly I want Carly to fail at this necklace story?

oh i know - but the thing is. every part of that was the truth in Carly's eyes. LOL 

honestly. I really hope something happens to Florence to the point that Carly is in deep, can't get out of it poop. (so. like never.)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I am sure there are plenty of people who could do that and get some chemistry with his co-stars too. It was the same with ER and they brought themselves to fire her.

• Love 4

Dante is going to be Franco's bodyguard now? The Franco that kidnapped Lulu and strapped her to a bomb?

This Finn/Chase/Jackie storyline wouldn't really have worked ever but it would have made more sense if it was when Gregory first appeared, or when Chase first showed up in Port Charles and was trying to forge a brother relationship with Finn. All it accomplishes now is allowing Finn to look like a passive idiot that had one night with his future stepmother and apparently can't be bothered to do math.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7

Lordy moses, it just keeps getting stupider. Now Carly isn't even sure if she got the necklaces swapped correctly! This is THE dumbest thing happening right now, I swear. I thought for a half second today that Jax was finally going to lose his patience with Carly (what with her and her MOTHER popping in to his post-sex cuddle sesh with Nina and all), but then he just started spouting the party line of how fucking resilient and remarkable Carly is. Can we just dispel that notion once and for all? Girlfriend needs Jason, Jax, Michael, or Bobbie to hold her hand through the parade of calamities that is her life; she's not resilient, she's just lucky enough to be surrounded by people who are capable of digging her out from under the ruins of her poor choices. And don't even get me started on how grief (for Sonny and for Morgan, still, after all this time) is the new catch-all excuse for every awful thing she says and does. A resilient person could cope, show, and not whine about she can't handle her problems, 99% of which are of her own making.

Nikolas and Ava were fire today, though, cutting cleanly through Carly's bs and tossing her out of their home. It's uncharacteristic of Ava to not press for the details of WHY Carly cares so much about the necklace, but maybe Nikolas will pick up that thread instead. The two of them are such a power couple right now especially when it comes to their relationship with Carly, and I hope that continues.

• Love 15

Nik and Ava just might be my favorite thing about GH right now. I so desperately need a Carly/Sonny/Jason loss right now and while I'm certain it won't happen, I still have hope and that hope is that Nik/Ava and Cyrus win this one.

Max and Nina sex scene was odd. I hate saying that because Ingo is one very sexy man, especially when you consider he's about 20 minutes away from turning 50. But it was odd. Maybe just take a break from attempting steamy scenes during covid, writers.

And on the subject of age,  how is it possible that this year, Wally Kurth will turn 63, Jon Lindstrom just turned 63, Tristan Rogers is 73, John J. York just turned 62 and Maurice Bernard is turning 58? Sonny looks at least as old if not older than Ned,  Kevin, Robert Freakin' Scorpio, and Mac but is still supposed to be some sex-symbol playboy?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

TempJordan is so much better than Briana Henry (sorry!).

Making Willow and Michael even more boring after they've ended their boring marriage is quite the writing feat.

Please, no more Covid love scenes. So awkward and unsexy.

Carly getting caught and sent packing was pretty satisfying.

2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Girlfriend needs Jason, Jax, Michael, or Bobbie to hold her hand through the parade of calamities that is her life; she's not resilient, she's just lucky enough to be surrounded by people who are capable of digging her out from under the ruins of her poor choices.

Why they continue is beyond me. The payoff is never worth it. She's never grateful. And why is this stupid necklace thing something Jax has to clean up? Carly was the doofus who decided something had to be done.

"Carly respects your relationship too, and you'll never have to worry about her coming between you and Jax." Bobbie, do you not know your daughter at all?

I like that Jackie is unapologetic about not wanting to know who Chase's father is definitively. It's a bit rich for Finn to swan back into her life because it now suits him to know what's going on.

3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And on the subject of age,  how is it possible that this year, Wally Kurth will turn 63, Jon Lindstrom just turned 63, Tristan Rogers is 73, John J. York just turned 62 and Maurice Bernard is turning 58? Sonny looks at least as old if not older than Ned,  Kevin, Robert Freakin' Scorpio, and Mac but is still supposed to be some sex-symbol playboy?

I find all of those other men much more attractive than MB, and that has nothing to do with my dislike of Sonny.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I find all of those other men much more attractive than MB, and that has nothing to do with my dislike of Sonny.

the same. 
I've always had a Crush on Mac and I am always a sucker for Australians (which is why i love Robert and Jax for the most part). I never found Sonny attractive. I could sort of see why others do but not for me

• Love 2

TempJordan looks like the age Jordan is supposed to be. (which I don't know what this is but I'm thinking in her 40s?)

Can someone take Carly aside and explain that Morgan could have easily stolen a car with a million dollars in it. Ava violated Morgan, but she didn't kill him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8